Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

If Paul ends up boning Will that would be super soapy deliciousness. 

I don't think it's going to happen, though.  Something hit me funny about Paul encouraging his family to visit for Christmas.  My guess is that they don't get to visit, Will and Paul get all chummy through this interview and Will brings Paul to the Horton family Christmas having no idea of his connection to Sonny.

Sonny just damn well better be getting an ornament this year.

• Love 2

Paul's cockiness perplexes me for someone who is hiding in the closet and trying to make sure nobody finds out. I guess he's breaking the stereotype of a closeted star, but his carefree attitude and flirting with everything in sight perplexes me for someone who wants to make sure he can keep his millions in the bank.

Also, is Paul bi rather than gay? I don't see why a gay guy would flirt with Abigail. Of all the women a gay guy could pick to flirt with, he picks Abigail? Why torture yourself like that if you don't even like women?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

To me, Christopher Sean is doing a great job with Paul.  It's clear that Paul is very lonely.  He doesn't have friends on the team, he can't be with his family (I wonder where his father is) and he can't be with the man he clearly loves.

Eric badly needs therapy, and not with his mother, of course.  How long before he starts taking hostages with a gun?

I keep thinking that all of those poinsettias decorating the park would be stolen inside half an hour.

• Love 4

I do hope that Sonny has an ornament.  If so he has one up on Sami.

Sami actually did get an ornament circa 2007/2008 when she was married to Lucas. Because Ally and Johnny were presumed to both be Lucas's kids, they got one each too. There are pictures of all the ornaments on the NBC Days website.

I think Sami had to return the ornament when she and Lucas divorced and Johnny obviously doesn't have one anymore. I think that is fair and I much prefer it to Gabi still getting to hang an ornament when she and Nick split up. Knowing this show, they will still hang her ornament even after she killed a blood Horton family member and justify it by saying that she's Ari's mother.Ugh.

Regardless, I think all signs are pointing to Sonny getting one this year.

• Love 2

Also, is Paul bi rather than gay? I don't see why a gay guy would flirt with Abigail. Of all the women a gay guy could pick to flirt with, he picks Abigail? Why torture yourself like that if you don't even like women?

If I saw the way Paul was flirting with Abifail I would immediately think he was trying to hide something.

• Love 6

I don't think Sami had to give it back because it's my understanding they're all kept in boxes in Alice's attic.  It makes me sad that Johnny doesn't have one anymore because I always worried about how differently the twins were treated.  What, Sami would take them to Alice's and he would see Ally's ornament and not his?  Or leave him at home? 

A few years back Days made an effort to have a lot of the old actors show up for Xmas.  I remember Lisa Trusel (Melissa) was there and we hadn't seen her in years and years.  Would that be so hard, Days?  Drop the stupid plots for one day and let's see everyone back?  It would be even better if someone threw AbiFail over the stair rail for real.  Those two things would make my day. 

Damn, I just remembered.  Didn't they let Failure read the Xmas story to the kids in the hospital last year?  I wouldn't mind if they dropped that scene.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

The twins were only shown at the Horton's for XMAS in 2007 and last year. Sami was in WP during XMAS in 2008. Johnny was with EJ and Allie with Lucas at the time. In 2009, Sydney was missing during Christmas. Johnny had eye cancer in 2010 during the holidays. In 2011,

all the kids were with Safe. In 2012, they were all with Sami at St. Luke's. The Horton ornament situation didn't come up.

Edited by loiswests
  • Love 3

I don't think Sami had to give it back because it's my understanding they're all kept in boxes in Alice's attic.  It makes me sad that Johnny doesn't have one anymore because I always worried about how differently the twins were treated.  What, Sami would take them to Alice's and he would see Ally's ornament and not his?  Or leave him at home? 

A few years back Days made an effort to have a lot of the old actors show up for Xmas.  I remember Lisa Trusel (Melissa) was there and we hadn't seen her in years and years.  Would that be so hard, Days?  Drop the stupid plots for one day and let's see everyone back?  It would be even better if someone threw AbiFail over the stair rail for real.  Those two things would make my day. 

Damn, I just remembered.  Didn't they let Failure read the Xmas story to the kids in the hospital last year?  I wouldn't mind if they dropped that scene.

I'm assuming that Sami and Johnny had their ornaments for the first Christmas, because the following one Sami and Lucas were forced to divorce each other as part of the Brady/Dimera truce.  I don't think Johnny has ever been back to the Horton Christmas other than when he was a baby. 

I actually have to say that I have been pretty happy with the way that they have always treated Ally and Johnny, and not gone with the stereotypical storyline of one of them being favored or treated better than the other.  EJ, Lucas, Rafe, Kate, etc have always treated the kids as a "pair" in the best way.  Outside of Lucas's time with Ally, all three kids are treated as a unit. 

The bigger question is will Daniel, Melanie, and Parker now continue to be included in the Horton Christmas now that Daniel and Jennifer aren't together but they are Maggie's family, considering she is the "unofficial Horton matriarch".  Which by the way Maggie really needs to give up and let Julie take over that position.  I'm not the biggest Julie fan but now that Maggie is a Kiriakis she can't ideally have one foot planted in each family. 

I noticed that Melanie is now "Melanie Jonas", and it just struck me now how instantaneous the "found" child will take on their bio parents last name.  I remember back in the day when Lucas changed his name to Horton and it was a big plot point, not only for him but by extension Will too.  Lucas changing his name symbolized his growing relationship with both Maggie and Alice and his moving away from Kate and her influence. Now it seems like a character finds their bio parent and a month later they have their new name.

• Love 2

There was a big deal over Melanie starting to call Daniel "Dad", that was a plot point.

I remember last Christmas or the year before, when Kayla brought little Joey to a Christmas party, and then he was never heard from again.  I wish they'd stop doing things like that.

Maggie has Horton children, so she can continue to keep her foot in that family.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 1

There was a big deal over Melanie starting to call Daniel "Dad", that was a plot point.

I remember last Christmas or the year before, when Kayla brought little Joey to a Christmas party, and then he was never heard from again.  I wish they'd stop doing things like that.

Maggie has Horton children, so she can continue to keep her foot in that family.

Part of me really likes that Maggie is still "Aunt Maggie" to Hope, Jenn, Julie, and Lucas, and that just because Mickey is dead and none of the kids are around she is still an important part of the Horton family.  I think the problem is that now Daniel, Melanie, and Parker are in the mix and she is married to Victor.  There is a certain amount of baggage that is attached to that.  I'm sure Jennifer doesn't really care all that much, but should Lucas be forced to see Daniel at every Horton Christmas from now on? 

I think Maggie should remain a member of the Horton family, but I don't think that she needs to be the "governing Matriarch" as she has been since Alice got sick.  I would rather see Julie or Hope take over that role, or even bring Marie back and keep Maggie as "Aunt Maggie".

• Love 3

I wish Theresa had some sort of support from someone. There are plenty of Bradys in town. Why does the show want us to believe that she is so isolated. It's so ridiculous that Kayla, Roman, Caroline, Eric and even Marlena would allow her to spiral out of control without offering some support or guidance.

I think both Brady and Eric are disgusting. Brady for the way he physically assaults women and Eric for his hatred for Nicole. Come on. He needs to get help. How can he forgive the person who drugged a raped him and still carry around all that hate for Nicole. They both need to take some responsibility for their lives.

I really hope that neither Theresa nor Nicole get back with these two losers. I think Theresa would be fantastic with Chad and Nicole has chemistry with everyone. I like her with Rafe, Lucas, Aiden or even Dan.

Melanie behaves like spoiled immature child. Both in the way she bullies and picks fights with Theresa and in the pouty little baby talk act she plays when she gets caught. I feel like I'm watching one of Ciara's schoolmates, not a grown woman. Unless the show hired the actress who portrays Melanie to portray her character as though she is a ten year old child, her acting skills are awful.

Oh, one more thing. Is it possible we three consecutive days without scabigail?

• Love 2

I think I would like to see Theresa or Nicole with a new guy, but then I remember that female characters like Theresa, Nicole, Sami, etc. get treated like crap by whatever guy they are with, and then blamed for what the guy does.  That was just one of the reasons I wanted a spin off show with Kate, Sami, Nicole, Theresa and Ciara.

• Love 4

I think both Brady and Eric are disgusting. Brady for the way he physically assaults women and Eric for his hatred for Nicole. Come on. He needs to get help. How can he forgive the person who drugged a raped him and still carry around all that hate for Nicole. They both need to take some responsibility for their lives.

We need to remember one thing about Eric and Nicole. He trusted and cared about her. He told her that the reason he finds it hard to forgive her is because she HAD his trust and still destroyed the evidence that would have helped him. She was closer to him than Kristen was and that's why what she did hurt him more deeply.

Moving beyond that, yes, he does need help. The problem is that he lives in Salem and the only person considered qualified to help him is his own mother. Not. Going. To happen.

• Love 3

Jennifer is probably the front runner to become the Horton matriarch. I think Hope would be a better choice than either her or Julie. Of course, I'd rather see Pop-Up Victor put on a dress and serve muffins than see Julie become the ranking maternal Horton.

One soap trope (on a rope, heh) I really hate is where someone (say, Paul) comes out of the shower half-dressed but still partially wet. It makes no sense. Paul has his jeans on, but his hair and torso are shining with moisture, and he doesn't actually use the towel, he just puts his shirt on! I get that the show wants to highlight his gleaming pecs or whatever, but c'mon!

Also, that whole scene with Sneasel, Boy Reporter was contrived and repetitive. Of course Paul asked for Will specifically. Of course he did. Because his article was awesome. Oy.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6

I do remember why Eric says he HATES Nicole, but I still think his hatred irrational. Is he hurt?yes. Is he angry? Okay. But he says he hates her with such contempt. The fact that intensity of his hatred hasn't diminished any over item is ridiculous. When I think about what rape is and the intention behind it and what it must be like to be a victim of rape, I simply cannot accept that Nicole's deception is worthy of so much hate when a rapist is forgiven. I'll go even further and argue that if you love someone the way that Eric claims he loved Nicole, you shouldn't be able to carry the hate for so long. Case in point, look how Sami and others who have been cheated on can, not only forgive, but also love their cheater again.

I think Marlena should be more concerned about her son's inability to move on from his hatred and question whether it's even reasonable rather than forcing Nicole to listen to her unsolicited advice.

• Love 10

I do remember why Eric says he HATES Nicole, but I still think his hatred irrational. Is he hurt?yes. Is he angry? Okay. But he says he hates her with such contempt. The fact that intensity of his hatred hasn't diminished any over item is ridiculous. When I think about what rape is and the intention behind it and what it must be like to be a victim of rape, I simply cannot accept that Nicole's deception is worthy of so much hate when a rapist is forgiven. I'll go even further and argue that if you love someone the way that Eric claims he loved Nicole, you shouldn't be able to carry the hate for so long. Case in point, look how Sami and others who have been cheated on can, not only forgive, but also love their cheater again.

I think Marlena should be more concerned about her son's inability to move on from his hatred and question whether it's even reasonable rather than forcing Nicole to listen to her unsolicited advice.

But that's the nature of hatred. It is irrational. We also have the old saying, "It's a fine line between love and hate," so I can see him carrying it where Nicole is concerned. What I want to know is this... did Eric say that he does forgive Kristen, or that he can see it happening? Because there's quite a difference. I don't recall what he said, so I'm counting on other viewers here to help me out.

To be honest, I'd rather see Eric telling Nicole that he hates her because it means that there is still feeling there. Okay, maybe it's just me, but I do believe that if you hate a person, it means that you're spending emotional and psychic energy on them.

Yes, Marlena SHOULD be more concerned about Eric and his state of being than she is about Nicole. We all know that she's hardly Mother of the Year material.

ETA: I don't intend to come across as picking on any single poster, especially the ones I've been quoting. It's very likely that I'm simply going overboard in trying to apply logic where none exists - in the minds of the writers. To be honest, I'm just thankful that they aren't throwing Nicole in Eric's path to plead for forgiveness anymore.

Edited by caprice
  • Love 4

See I actually like that Eric hasn't forgiven Nicole.  I will admit I don't want to see him be nasty or rude to her without warrant but i don't mind if he has no desire to forgive her anytime soon.  Probably the same reason why I continue to like that Lucas still hates Dan.  Yes, Lucas and Eric can choose to be mature and really sit down and come to the conclusion that they can get over things and really become friends with the other person, but I must admit I do really like their "realistic" approaches to those two.  To often on soaps people get forgiven way to easily for their deeds so I kind of like when certain characters can hold a realistic grudge and not have it be a nagging presence in their lives.

• Love 6

I think I've said it about Nicole before, but it goes for Theresa now as well: I want one scene where a guy looks at her the way she looks at him. I want some guy to pursue the crap out of her and have Brady get all mopey about it in the background. 

Eric's continued hate-on for Nicole bothers me so much because it's weird to see a character hang on to something for so long. Outside of sworn enemy types or family feuds, characters usually forgive and move on. Nicole is getting slightly better treatment these days, but the hate thrown her way is really only reserved for the Dimeras. I think in the real world, I'd understand Eric having difficulty moving on, but on the show, I just see it as more piling on by the writers.

• Love 8
I think Theresa would be fantastic with Chad

Yes, please!

Oh, one more thing. Is it possible we three consecutive days without scabigail?

This is why I will never completely hate Melanie.  I credit her presence with drastically reducing Abigail's airtime.  Abigail could never been seen or spoken of again as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 7

Start stocking up on the booze, folks, because I predict that Adrienne and Lucas are happening.  Adrienne got a new "do", and that means some naked time with wind machines are coming.  And if she were doing it alone, that would be really weird.  I don't mind Adrienne so much right now.  She's a doofus, and often an interfering one at that, but she's not generally mean-spirited.  And that makes her a singular sensation among the women of Salem these days.

Serena, talking to Eric, lowkey like she was today, that I like.  There were fewer facial gyrations today, too.  I notice the actress doing her best not to recreate her "Natalie" from OLTL and I commend her for that.  It would be nice if she could give some life to that blessed block of wood, but we shall see.

I had a little trouble with Eric today, when he was telling Serena why he wasn't a good bet for her or anyone these days, because he's full of HATE.  I know he's been treated terribly - awfully - but he's also pretty damn self-centered and lacking in any sort of humility.  Eric may  think humility  is the same as speaking softly and batting those baby blues, but they're not the same.  He is SO MUCH Marlena's bouncing baby boy still.  I'm surprised Sami didn't smother him in his crib.

Speaking of blocks of wood, could Mar be any more transparent, and any less human?  Dragging Nicole off to give her one of her lectures and then trying to say it was for Nicole's benefit.....Mar, Mar, Mar, not buying it.  And Nicole didn't, not for a second.

One soap trope (on a rope, heh) I really hate is where someone (say, Paul) comes out of the shower half-dressed but still partially wet. It makes no sense. Paul has his jeans on, but his hair and torso are shining with moisture, and he doesn't actually use the towel, he just puts his shirt on! I get that the show wants to highlight his gleaming pecs or whatever, but c'mon!

That was so funny.  I'd love for Show to do it realistically some day, and have the person stumble out of the bathroom trying to pull up one sock, forgotten zipper still down, with a spot of shaving cream on the ear and toothpaste drying on the shirt.  

Instead we get Paul with the wet look.

At least we weren't witness to Dr. Dan exiting the shower with the towel strategically held in place just low enough to fulfill Maxine's dreams.  And yet he NEVER looks cleaner.......just like Brady never looks smarter......or Jenn never looks less constipated......

I just want Theresa to get her crap together, forget about tormenting Dr. Tan and his off-spring and get on with her life away from Brady, Anne and the hospital.  She needs to get a new job and start interacting with new people and just as a side note, wasn't Melanie raised by another man--the person Nick went to prison for killing--so she's only known that Daniel's her father for about four years now, give or take, so what's with the "I don't want Daddy to be disappointed" schtick?  She was an adult when she met him, what's with the regression?

Theresa really looked like she was ready to stop interacting with that Guild of Gomers after having it out with Mel and Brady, until BOOM!!  Marvelous Mel shrieked into her face yet again.  Mel really better watch out - Theresa is the end of her tether, and she's not going to put up with this nitwit trying to "make her pay".  I really don't remember Mel being this bad before.  During her last run, I actually liked her towards the end.  But right now I just want her to STFU.  And FAST.  

Once again, Theresa stood up to Brady and sent him packing with his tail between his legs.  Not a difficult position for him, considering that having his head up his ass is one of his favorite positions.

But then Theresa backslid a bit by mentioning her fantasy about Paul.  Anne tried to point out that particular lunacy but Theresa won't hear it.  

Brady and Mel can both swallow their own tongues.  I'd be good with that.

I do think Sonny has an issue with Will choosing his career over him because of what he went through with Paul, and that's fine, but he shouldn't have made out that it was okay for Will to go if he wasn't okay with it. We'll never know what Will's response to that 'no' would have been,but that's life.

This whole thing just shows that Will has been taking Sonny for granted. Even though Sonny is the more mature one in this relationship, it's nice to see that he also needs affirmation that Will loves him. Will really needs to make this up to Sonny and quick otherwise Paul will be ready to pounce. I may not always be a fan of Will and WilSon, but I am a fan of marriage and I hope these two kids can sort this out.

I think  Sonny is more hurt than he's willing to admit, and about much more.  I'm not discounting that he loves Sneasel, but I also think he was enamoured of being able to help the guy he loved come to terms with his sexuality and take his place in the world.  He enjoyed being the caretaker, but now he'd like to be taken care of a bit as well.

Problem is, he married a selfish, self-centered guy who hasn't had much experience taking care of other people, and none at all in an adult relationship.  

Plus, Sneasel leaves pellet droppings all over the house, and running on his wheel at all hours MUST be exhausting for Sonny.

Well, Paul ain't even trying is he? That lingering handshake with Will was such a giveaway, even Sneasel managed to figure out something was off.

The way Paul acts, I am finding it extremely hard to believe he hasn't been outed already.

Seriously.  The way he was batting his eyes at Sneasel I thought he was having some sort of a fit.  Holding on to his hand that long - this is how you pretend you're straight?  And if he's coming on to Will, then all I can think is that he had a very intense relationship with a pet hamster at an impressionable age.  

• Love 5

I think Paul's a whole lot more out than he realizes, if his Mr. Flirtybritches carrying on with Derek is any indication. I'm sure his grandfather's end of that conversation was the Japanese equivalent of "Girl, please!"

Won't is a selfish little creep. I realize he has no role model of a functioning marriage, but, get a grip already!

I do think Theresa deserves someone in her corner, but she's lying to herself if she can't come up with reasons why "these terrible things" keep happening to her. Brady's hardly an innocent (in fact he's a judgmental d-bag), but she enabled his addictions big-time. And she did bash his admittedly useless father's head in. Ann's not wrong on that one.

• Love 6

And she did bash his admittedly useless father's head in. 

That's one scene I never tired of seeing them play in flashbacks.  It was so lovely to see Mr. Smell-the-Fart fall to the ground speechless.  And all those lovely, lovely, months of coma.....

If they ever make a Special Moments figurine of that, I'll buy it.

Ahhhhh, memories......

• Love 3

I think DG is going to get an Emmy nod and win for supporting actor. I mean his performance while in the coma was the performance of a lifetime. I don't think any actors can compete with it. Theresa should knock him out again.

• Love 4

It just occured to me that Aiden's story is GONE GIRL. If you haven't seen the movie or read the book, I won't say any more. If you have, you'll know what I'm talking about.

I haven't seen the movie and don't plan to see it. Could you maybe explain what you mean in spoiler tags for those of us who are curious?? Thanks in advance.

This is why I will never completely hate Melanie. I credit her [melanie's] presence with drastically reducing Abigail's airtime. Abigail could never been seen or spoken of again as far as I'm concerned.

I agree, but talk about damning with faint praise.

• Love 1

Has Eric actually said he's forgiven Miss Rapist Dimeria? He only refused to testify against her because Marlena begged/emotional manipulated him into helping Jawn. I think the reason why Nicole gets the brunt of his anger is because for months she kept harassing him. begging and crying for him to forgive her. Aside from when he first found out what she did, I don't recall him ever purposely hunting her down so he could yell at her, she was always the one tracking him down.

• Love 2

I love the tree ornament decorating and hospital Christmas story, therefore I am scared to ask "who's Failure"?  Please don't say Abigail.

• Love 2

Who would of thought something/someone could make Eric interesting to me. Well, Serena has manage to do that. I'm loving their scenes together. Don't know how long it will last, but I'm enjoying them right now.

• Love 4

I love the tree ornament decorating and hospital Christmas story, therefore I am scared to ask "who's Failure"?  Please don't say Abigail.

Sorry, Failure aka Abifail = Abby.

Ann was right about Theresa - people don't hate her just for shits and giggles, she brought this on herself. At the same time, I can't be expected to care about Jawn or racoon Jen, and Abifail needs to be murdered. I do think Theresa should be called out for supplying drugs to an addict, but Brady also needs to take responsibility for his actions since he was snorting coke before she came to town. Dan and JJ are a different story. Originally they didn't do anything to her and basically got caught up in her war with the racoon. I'm support Theresa going after racoon but don't also go after innocent people and then act indignant because they hate you.

• Love 4

So I guess we can look forward to many more confrontations between Melanie and Theresa, probably with Jen, Abby and Serena nodding approvingly while Theresa is attacked by all sides.  Yes,I know that Theresa is hardly an innocent, but I don't enjoy watching a character get ganged up on by the resident Mean girls in the guise of the "nice" characters.  

This is pure speculation but what if Paul is pressured by his family to marry a woman because the gay rumors keep flying--maybe even Will's "accidently" outing him in the article--and Paul marries Theresa as a beard.  That might be kind of awesome especially watching Abby freak out :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5

Now I'm concerned that the show is making Theresa desperate enough to accept a marriage proposal from Paul even if she knows it's a cover.  They even had her only friend in the whole world, Anne, turn on her a little yesterday. 

• Love 3

Well, if Abigail freaks out over Teresa marrying Paul (how dumb can one get, but since this is Abigail we're talking about, yeah, she'd probably be that petty), then I suppose I can tolerate Teresa being a temporary beard. I mean, it would come to an end eventually, and I'm sure she'd survive. Not sure about Abigail's whacked mental state though...

Has Abigail started discussing literature with Ben yet? Or does that conversation get shut down when his lips get stuck to her neck, which looks like it might fall off?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I wouldn't want to see Theresa marry Paul if she thought he was genuinely attracted to her; that seems soapy but also cruel. And I can't imagine her agreeing to be his beard.

I could easily imagine Theresa marrying Paul if he offered her money to do it, especially if she's that desperate to get away from her crappy life at the hospital.

I know that if most people were unhappy with their lives, they'd set about changing it--get a new job, make new friends, get a hobby--but in the soap world marrying someone to escape would seem like the perfect plan.

And I would like it very much if Theresa--for just a moment--could lord it over Abby that she had a wealthy husband because we all know that Abs needs Ben to be making a lot more money so that she can be treated accordingly and his job isn't cutting it.  Shallow I know but that's how much I hate Abby :):)

• Love 2

At the moment, Theresa is pinning all sorts of ridiculous hopes onto Paul but I could totally see her deciding that being a beard with money is better than what she's got going now.

Did I imagine this or did Serena call Eric a 'bad boy' when he was in Africa? What does that even mean? And can these writers use Google and reference a fucking city, please? But, seriously, Eric was a bad boy? When he was befriending priests and impoverished teenaged girls? That was bad boy behavior?

I can't with this story. I love Melissa Archer but I just can't with this storyline. I just. can't. even.

• Love 4

From today, what is the problem with Nicole googling Serena?  It's human nature to go on facebook to check out the competition.  Maybe I'm just weird, but Serena is asking Mel and the whole of Salem all about Nicole, so why is she allowed to do research and not Nicole?  I am totally TeamTheresa and TeamNicole even though they cause their own problems most of the time. The alternative is too terrible to contemplate.

Oh, and Kate is dumb for sleeping with Clyde, but why does Tammy Sue get to throw shade at her for being Stefano's hooker?  She doesn't even know Kate and it happened when she wasn't around.  I hate it when this show tries to prop newbies by involving them in the history of established characters.  It's just like when Rafe was propped when he first came on giving him an axe to grind about the DiMeras and leading the charge against them over vets.

Same goes for Serena-stop acting like you know Nicole or have a right to judge what went on when you weren't even around.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 5

It really was fabulous seeing Patsy Pease--Shane and Kim were one of my favorite couples on Days, and I think that's why Theresa's such a favorite. That and the fact that JL can act circles around most of the younger set of actors :):)

I hope Kim comes back to Salem for the holidays and talks some sense into Theresa.  The poor girl needs more than just Anne in her corner.

I also kind of enjoyed Nicole telling Eric to get over himself-that was awesome :)

• Love 5

The self-righteous judgement of the majority of Salem puts me right in the corner of those they are judging. I don't like heavy handed morality plays and feeling fingers in my nostrils as the writers attempt to lead me about by the nose. I like people who do bad things and pay for them... as opposed to the 'accepted folk' just doing whatever the hell they want and maybe mewling about it for five seconds while everyone else hand waves it away.

That's bullshit.

I imagine it's somehow better for Serena to go around asking people about Nicole because 'at least she's being upfront about it' as opposed to Nicole sneakily Googling her. At least, that's probably how Salem thinks.

• Love 8

That doctor is an idiot. He should have just called Eve bluff. If Eve tells his wife he was hitting on her he could just lie and say it was just some harmless flirting or say she's making it up. Meanwhile, if he tells Paige and Kim that Eve is scheming to keep Paige and JJ apart Paige would probably believe him.

Rafe is sickening. He's done plenty to help Sami and his idiot sister cover up their crimes but now he wants to go after Chad for help Sami. And I thought he was supposed to care about Sami and the kids? Why is he opening up this can of worms and risking her landing in prison right along with Chad. Chad needs to file a complaint so maybe Rafe will be prevented from ever investigating a crime involving a Dimeria.

I don't understand what's going on with Chad and Stefano. I thought Stefano was mad at him for taking the co-CEO position and being disloyal?

Kate is going to look like a dumbass fool when she finds out she's screwing a child rapist.

I already know where this stuff with Nicole/Eric/Serena is going. Nicole is going to feel jealous and insecure because Serena has been doing humanitarian work while she's been in raggedy Salem being a "journalist" at the local trash paper. She's going to either A) quickly move on with Dan in an attempt to make Eric jealous; B) scheme to keep Serena and Eric apart; or C) all of the above. How about Nicole get a story that doesn't involve her acting ridiculous over a man? Let her do some investigative journalism or something instead of acting crazy.

• Love 4

I can't believe 100 year old Stephano has more energy in his performances than most of the young people on this show. That's just sad. 

Speaking of Stephano, has his voice always sounded like that?  It seemed an odd tone or something.

I am so far beyond Paige and JJ I can't even see them anymore. This whole Romeo and Juliet vibe TIIC are trying to create is really not fitting to this context. I mean both of them are over 18 - just date if you want to date, Christ. You don't need mommy's permission. I guess this is all supposed to make the audience feel bad for them, but I just find them annoying. I mean sh*t or get off the pot; make a choice; I don't care anymore.

And this sort of contrived external angst really doesn't work. It's not like they're actually being kept apart by unconquerable outside odds. No one has a terminal disease, no one's going off to war. Just do something one way or the other and move us all along.

• Love 6

Of course she's a bitch JJ, you sure as hell didn't mind kissing and sleeping with the bitch. This story has just about killed JJ for me and wish they move him out of the Lima Bean/Eve orbit. He's always surrounded by shrews.

I'm sorry Dingy but Eric isn't allowed to disclose who his friends are to you. If I was Eric I wouldn't bring any women within 100 ft of Dingy. Shrewena and Dingy's conversation earlier was just too....stupid. Eric needs to permanently remove the stick out of his ass.

If Chad is using Grimace and having sex with her to rub in Shut Up Rafe's face, don't care and find it hilarious. Grimace just doesn't have any luck with men because she's such a bore. Glad Chad kind of got the last word when it came to Rafe snooping through his laptop. Rafe needs to pick up a hobby like knitting a sweater for Naggie or something.

What's with Maxine's attitude towards Nicole? Geez lady I know Nicole isn't pleasant but Maxine is not setting good examples for how people should behave in the hospital yet she rags on Anne and Theresa for their behavior when she's just like them. She's giving attitude towards people she doesn't like when she's suppose to be professional and leave her personal feelings at the door. She's no better than Theresa or Anne. This hospital has the poorest workers ever when it comes to manners. 

That creepy doctor putting his hands on Eve's hand and he has a wedding ring on his finger. Eve is no better though she's so desperate she looks like a dummy in this storyline.

• Love 5