Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This so much. He gives me so much second-hand embarrassment.

As soon as Jake appeared, my sister was like, "Oh, Jake did it,' lol. I don't hate the idea tbh because Jake has just never worked imo. But also you are 100% right, the writers definitely wrote this story without knowing exactly who the killer would be, as always. They want to keep their options open.

Stefan pretending to be Jake could be plausible. Course they would have to explain it and Gabi will not care that much if it turns out to be the case since her precious Stefan has returned. I could see Ron doing that to get back at fans for the backlash over Stefan raping Abby.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Stefan pretending to be Jake could be plausible. Course they would have to explain it and Gabi will not care that much if it turns out to be the case since her precious Stefan has returned. I could see Ron doing that to get back at fans for the backlash over Stefan raping Abby.

This story is going to be written like Adrienne’s death, a mess. Whoever said the writers don’t know who killed Abby is on the money. Eventually (after a full year of this hideous story), Ron will throw a dart at a wall with all the characters names on it and wherever the dart lands will be our killer.  

• Like 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

It’s interesting that Chad ,Leo and Ava first thought was Gwen killed Abigail and Jack said it never crossed his mind.  

Jack is willingly and all-in on his deep, deep denial about who Gwen really is.  To the point of being stupid.  Despite being a trained investigative reporter.

If he and Jennifer disappear from the investigation of their own daughter's murder given their background and credentials, well, let's just say that it would speak volumes about their value.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Nobody acts like who they are anymore. Brace yourself to be disappointed.

I don't mind change. It keeps the story interesting.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 6/15/2022 at 1:13 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

Today was another stellar day of acting. especially from Billy Flynn.  I enjoyed all of his scenes today, especially his moments with Jake and Gabi.  And I really loved how emotional Gabi was about Abigail's death and I liked her realizing that they loved each other, but there was so much dark history to get through--frienemies definitely fits--and I'm kind of loving her scenes with Shin.

While I appreciated Gwen's saying she dropped the mug, I'm still not getting a lot of redemptive vibes from her.  Jack's trying to see some, but I don't think they are there.

Bye Tripp--I hope you find happiness out of Salem :)

On 6/15/2022 at 7:43 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

The actors who play Chad and EJ did a great job on Monday, and Billy Flynn is still nailing it.  But... there's some really bad acting by some other characters that is really taking me out of the scene/show. 

Unfortunately, because of Rolf's magic serum, they've brought back too many people who we've SEEN die so many times, any death on this show falls really flat to me.  I'm not talking about when someone is missing and presumed dead or the body is so damaged no identification can be made - I'm talking about dead - someone weeping over the dead body in the morgue, organ donation, funeral and burial - dead.  I fully expect an Abigail recast to simply stroll in to Salem some day and come up with some lame excuse.  Doesn't matter how well the actor portrays it, I don't really buy anyone's grief any more.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I agree death doesn't mean much as it used to on this show but when the actors dies in RL I buy it.

I did until the whole Stefano mess.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I agree death doesn't mean much as it used to on this show but when the actors dies in RL I buy it.

It seems like the only characters whose actors did not die that stayed dead are Isabella and (thus far) Bo. Kind of pathetic since Bo died in 2015 and Isabella died in 1992.

So death has been treated as a joke for a LONG time.

Still, I am willing to overlook things if Abigail is resurrected, because - as I said - she is a legacy character. Kill off one of the MANY wastes of space on canvas (Ava, Gabi, GWEN, LEO, Rafe, etc.), leave THEM dead, then we'll talk...

• Love 10
(edited)
4 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I did until the whole Stefano mess.

You have a point there however I wish they didn't have Hope kill him in the first place. It should've been Roman since he really destroyed his life. Plus if Roman went to jail for it at least that character would go out in a blaze of glory rather than whatever he is now.

37 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

It seems like the only characters whose actors did not die that stayed dead are Isabella and (thus far) Bo. Kind of pathetic since Bo died in 2015 and Isabella died in 1992.

So death has been treated as a joke for a LONG time.

Still, I am willing to overlook things if Abigail is resurrected, because - as I said - she is a legacy character. Kill off one of the MANY wastes of space on canvas (Ava, Gabi, GWEN, LEO, Rafe, etc.), leave THEM dead, then we'll talk...

Well there are others like Paige, David etc but they weren't nearly as important. Speaking of Abby I do wonder if Ron would have "Gabby" come back and kill Abby making it a form of suicide.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh wow, if that wasn't the plan before, Ron might steal it from you now lol.

Well I'll make sure to bump this if it comes to pass. FWIW I do think soaps BTS read the boards...

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

And Lexie. She seems to be in the dead and reappearing only as an angel category too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

And Lexie. She seems to be in the dead and reappearing only as an angel category too. 

Nick Corelli lol. Maybe not a big character but he was one of the leads in 1989-90 and I always enjoyed him

• Love 1
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:
5 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Nick Corelli lol. Maybe not a big character but he was one of the leads in 1989-90 and I always enjoyed him

Adrienne has also stayed dead. Perhaps they can bring her and Abby back. 

• Love 1

Abe, Paulina and Chanel make such a sweet beautiful family.  
   Looks like Lani is suffering from some guilt and after shock.   Don’t know how long she will be able to hold this lie in.  
   Sara looks so fragile. It’s really scary the tricks her mind is playing on her.  It always seemed like a stretch to blame Abby for leaving the syringe.
    Eric why would you want to be at Nicole’s wedding? 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Eric why would you want to be at Nicole’s wedding? 

What better place to polish his halo?  Now, if he does it in nothing but a speedo and a smile, all will be forgiven.

But Nicole, seriously?  Rafe????  Getting all goofy about Eric is at least understandable, based on your history with the guy, but finding Rafe all sexay and stuff is like saying the best food you've ever had is Kraft Mac and Cheese.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

Maybe Nicole and Rafe think Eric has a better track record at marriages than Marlena, and hope he'll perform the ceremony. 😆

Eli, remember when you actually were angry at Lani skirting the law for Kristen? Now you're all "but our faaaaaamily". Ugh. This whole story line should have been skipped. It should have been Paulina actually shot TR in self defense, and have people react to that.

Any idea when the Abby murder mystery is due to wrap up?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Abe and Mama P sure got engaged quickly. At least he may make a decent stepdad for Chanel. Chanel was funny that twins are in love with her. From a possessed family.

Lani, you will eventually crack.

So Ava helped Gwennie escape jail the night Abs was stabbed. Did Gwennie go to a pottery studio to make her dad a new mug for his birthday? Did she visit the mansion?

Sarah seemed pretty frail - lashing out at Nicole thinking she was Kristen? Guess Xander didn't hear about the murder.

Eric, why would you want to attend your ex-wife's wedding to another guy? You dumped her for Africa - married her, left her alone to help out your niece and her baby. I'd steer clear. I think he was hoping Nicole would dump Rafe.

• Love 5

I watched today for the first time in well over a month, and enjoyed it. Actually liked everything about the wedding.

Loved seeing Eric looking ever so fine. And of course Nicole was there as a guest. Made my Ericole heart happy. 

My only nitpick would be Allie and Johnny still being snippy with each other. I know it's because they're competing for Chanel, but I somehow thought after Allie sacrificing herself to save Johnny from the devil, they would be closer now.

Not sure when I'll watch again.  Has Abby's funeral happened yet?  I don't particularly want to see faux-Jennifer mourning, but I would like to see JJ.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, buffynut said:

My only nitpick would be Allie and Johnny still being snippy with each other. I know it's because they're competing for Chanel, but I somehow thought after Allie sacrificing herself to save Johnny from the devil, they would be closer now.

They bicker and fight and then they're like we love each other and then it starts all over again the next time they're on screen together. Which, honestly, is realistic for siblings but it's just tedious to watch.

Has Abby's funeral happened yet?  

No.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 3

My issue with this wedding was that it was on the anniversary of Lexie's death and nobody made the connection. I don't think Theo would be thrilled to see his dad marry a woman on the same date his mother died. I don't think Abe would be that thoughtless..

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Today would have been good had there been more time from Abby. She's brutally murdered and no funeral, but Abe is getting married with no care? Chad was his brother in law. 

Nicole and Rafe have more class. The Horton house is all wedding happy, Julie should be much more distraught, Theo first stop should have been Chad since Gabi sent the jet for him and JJ for Abby, not to be attending a wedding. 

They excused Abe's lack of class by saying Jack and Jenn approved. 

• Love 5

That was my same thought about today's wedding. If Nicole and Rafe were showing their respect for Abby's family and not wanting to do something happy, there id no reason Abe and Paulina couldn't have waited. Very tacky and I expect no less from ReRon.

• Love 6

Paulina to Eric “ who is this handsome devil “.  Probably not the best choice of words right now.   
   Paulina looked very pretty at the wedding.   Their vows were very sweet.   
Allie and Johnny were annoying. They were the worst part of the wedding and I usually like both of them. 
   Chanel should have let her grandmother catch the bouquet.   Girl has already been married twice and there will be many more weddings in her future.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Random thoughtlets from today's dwama......

When did Abe and Allie get so close? 

Abe had to go home and change....into his wedding suit from his every day suit?  That man just oozes sex, doesn't he?  I bet he has a suit he wears just to bed.  I wonder if has one just for the pool.

Allie is still an ass to her brother.  I hope that's the only body part of hers that makes it into the finished wedding video.

No way on God's green earth Kate is eating a hot dog.

With all that stress breathing Lani does, if she gets fired from the cop shop she should get a job blowing up balloons.

I hope TR stays for the reception.

No reason at all Eric couldn't have performed that wedding in a speedo.  Ditto for Eli.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

The Horton house is all wedding happy, Julie should be much more distraught, Theo first stop should have been Chad since Gabi sent the jet for him and JJ for Abby, not to be attending a wedding. 

So I guess we aren't going to get to see JJ's reunion with his parents not only after such a long time, but after the death of their only other child.  Could have been a powerful moment between the three of them.  Viewers also didn't get to see Jack and Jennifer finding out on-screen about Abby's death.  Probably won't get to see Chad telling Thomas and Charlotte about their mother.  Julie should be comforting Jack and Jen.  But we absolutely needed to see a super special trip from Jack to tell Gwen.  We've seen more of Gwen's reactions and discussion of Abby's death than Abby's own parents, husband, and real sibling.  There are some serious emotional beats not being played out here.  Like, standard, what you would think would be obvious stuff.  

This whole death is playing out like an afterthought.  Setting up the suspects has been more important and had more focus than the emotional fallout of those who loved Abby.  RC just wanted a whodunnit, but doesn't care about any heart to the story.  

Also, I guess the time jump never happened.  Eric read today's date with the current year, but shouldn't it be 2023 in Salem?  Does that mean we can ignore everything that supposedly happened in that year they skipped over?  Kind of an important detail to forget about.  

• Like 1
  • Love 7

There was a very interesting piece of dialogue/item in today's show: the date! June 19, 2022. So it is 2022 in Salem time.

I don't know much about Juneteenth as it is a US holiday. So we got Big Mama, Paulina, and Julie fill us (the audience) in. A nice way of doing a PSA.

In light of Abs' death, should Abe and Paulina get hitched a few days after? Hard to say. One of my aunts died a week or so before her grandson's wedding. The funeral was two or three days before the wedding. For a small wedding, yeah, the date could be changed. Not so easy if it was planned a year or two in advance. Nicole and Rafe postponed their wedding (and hopefully it will be cancelled) because of the case, which Rafe, as Commissioner, can't just go on vacation for two weeks. Jack and Jennifer do not need to be consulted as to the appropriateness of a wedding date. Yeah, it's a nice gesture. However, Abe and Paulina don't hang out with Chad and Abby or the DiMera family except for Johnny.

I wanted to see the rest of Nicole's first outfit. I thought it was interesting that all the women wore a floral print. Don't know if it was requested as part of the Juneteenth observation or just because it is summer.

I enjoyed TR taunting Lani. Too bad she caved at the end and confessed. 

At least the wedding had actual guests. I too cannot see Kate Roberts munching on a hot dog.

Satin can be very unforgiving and Paulina's outfit needed a bit more stretch or some better tailoring. I thought Chanel looked really good.

I also looked at the lens cap on Johnny's video camera to see if he actually took it off an something was being videoed.

Laughed at Paulina refusing Marlena to marry her - uh, things haven't gone well the last few weddings she had done. Eric looked good. Nice to see Theo and Nicole and Eric still have a connection.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

There was a very interesting piece of dialogue/item in today's show: the date! June 19, 2022. So it is 2022 in Salem time.

I don't know much about Juneteenth as it is a US holiday. So we got Big Mama, Paulina, and Julie fill us (the audience) in. A nice way of doing a PSA.

In light of Abs' death, should Abe and Paulina get hitched a few days after? Hard to say. One of my aunts died a week or so before her grandson's wedding. The funeral was two or three days before the wedding. For a small wedding, yeah, the date could be changed. Not so easy if it was planned a year or two in advance. Nicole and Rafe postponed their wedding (and hopefully it will be cancelled) because of the case, which Rafe, as Commissioner, can't just go on vacation for two weeks. Jack and Jennifer do not need to be consulted as to the appropriateness of a wedding date. Yeah, it's a nice gesture. However, Abe and Paulina don't hang out with Chad and Abby or the DiMera family except for Johnny.

I wanted to see the rest of Nicole's first outfit. I thought it was interesting that all the women wore a floral print. Don't know if it was requested as part of the Juneteenth observation or just because it is summer.

I enjoyed TR taunting Lani. Too bad she caved at the end and confessed. 

At least the wedding had actual guests. I too cannot see Kate Roberts munching on a hot dog.

Satin can be very unforgiving and Paulina's outfit needed a bit more stretch or some better tailoring. I thought Chanel looked really good.

I also looked at the lens cap on Johnny's video camera to see if he actually took it off an something was being videoed.

Laughed at Paulina refusing Marlena to marry her - uh, things haven't gone well the last few weddings she had done. Eric looked good. Nice to see Theo and Nicole and Eric still have a connection.

Chad is also Abe’s brother-in-law and close to Theo. However I was more bothered by the wedding taking place on the Anniversary of her death above all else. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

They actually said the year? I didn't notice. But of course Ron and co. don't even remember they did a time jump lol.

• Love 2
(edited)

What the actual fuck was that today?  Julie Sanctimonious Hypocrite Horton leading half the town, including the mayor and a sometimes priest, in subverting the law and spreading the 'but she's a mother' virus.  Marrying into the Horton family apparently now mean you are above the law.  And lol @ Kate, the one among them most likely to have no problem playing fast and loose with the law, was actually the one to hesitate.  Glad to see Lani finally found her integrity. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

What the actual fuck did was that today?  Julie Sanctimonious Hypocrite Horton leading half the town, including the mayor and a sometimes priest, in subverting the law and spreading the 'but she's a mother' virus.  Marrying into the Horton family apparently now mean you are above the law.  And lol @ Kate, the one among them most likely to have no problem playing fast and loose with the law, was actually the one to hesitate.  Glad to see Lani finally found her integrity. 

You're so right.

Ugh to that whole collection of drooling idiots.

Where is Gabi with that "off" button when you need her??

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

I thought the best part of today's episode was Eric/Nicole which is surprising since I don't care about them as an item. However it was when Nicole mentioned she understood what Lani did and how she also wanted her abusive father to die(except the latter was better developed than Lani's story but I digress) and that those calls to the police were what brought Abe into her life.

Otherwise this is just a stupid story in general beyond that moment.

• Love 8

The whole town is going to keep a murder a secret?  And all at the leadership of Julie, who makes it all about her.  "I sent Steve to Paulina's house."

Have Kate and Roman been together at bedtime?

• Like 2
  • Love 4

When Julie was doing her best Bellatrix LeStrange and forming the Unbreakable Vow, she said there were no outsiders at the wedding, but I KNOW I saw some strangers/extras in the crowd yesterday because I remember thinking, wow they've got actual non-cast members at the wedding, and I was trying to figure out who they could be friends of. Did anyone else notice them? And if so, where did they go?? I didn't notice any time lapse between when I saw them and Lani's revelation.

Also, what was the point of having everyone proclaim they would keep the secret...if the show  wasn't going to follow through with it? I thought they were about to set up some huge umbrella storyline and was wondering how that would play out. Could've been interesting seeing everyone try to keep this secret while maybe some investigator who stumbled across the Salem Brain started to put the pieces together and poke holes in the story, making everyone sweat for weeks until someone eventually cracked. Ah well.

I wonder if Tamara was invited to the wedding...

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

What a dull ep.

I don't get Julie's thing about mothers not having to pay for their crimes or misdeeds. So what. If I am a childless employee, should I be thrown under the bus for one coworker who does have children? Please.

Lani does face the possiblility of jail time or maybe a deal can be reached. She had just found out that her bio dad had shot her husband, left him in a coma, pinned another guy's death on an overdose. TR's girlfriend can come forward to say he beat her, Tripp had examined her, etc.

The only good thing was Eric and Nicole. Nicole's abusive dad's story was better handled - which brought her to have a parent-like relationship with Abe.

I don't need to know what Roman and Kate do when the bar closes.

Why were these people all at the station?

• Love 4

Awe 

I really wanted to see Eric and Nicole keep this secret.   Eric would be all conflicted morally. Nicole would have to talk him out of telling the police.    Rafe would be all jealous seeing Nicole and Eric whispering.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 2