Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

On a shallow note, Marci Miller(Abigail) looked pretty & more stylish today...instead of her regular Little House on the Prairie dress, she had on a pretty silk blouse & plaid slacks..

• Love 10

Too bad Sarah didn't want to go to Disneyworld!

I did like Maggie and Xander working together to help Sarah.

I hope that she is sorta back to her old self. Sarahnee was uninteresting and 5 year old Sarah was even less interesting.

No one ever calls before showing up at someone's home? Gabi, it is early in the AM, maybe. Give Jake a call before arriving at his door.

Gwen isn't to blame for her actions? Abby is to blame for Gwen's dark path and choices? Uh, no. What is Ava's plan to bust her loose? Say she can bunk with her and Jake?

So Sonny did take the job offer. Uncle Vic looked a bit more active today.

• Love 12

I fail to see any good reason that Leo Stark hasn't been filleted and served up in a meat pie by now, absolutely none.  With the Devil doing the baking, let Sweet Bits branch out for a while.

Gosh, poor Gwen!  Her family HATES her, imagine that.  And that dastardly Ava, turning her in, too!  If only her Mummie had loved her.  They could put her on the menu, too.

So if Ava is busting her out, does this mean there's another mask in development so she can impersonate someone else?  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let it be a Julie mask!  Please!

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Too bad Sarah didn't want to go to Disneyworld!

I did like Maggie and Xander working together to help Sarah.

I hope that she is sorta back to her old self. Sarahnee was uninteresting and 5 year old Sarah was even less interesting.

No one ever calls before showing up at someone's home? Gabi, it is early in the AM, maybe. Give Jake a call before arriving at his door.

Gwen isn't to blame for her actions? Abby is to blame for Gwen's dark path and choices? Uh, no. What is Ava's plan to bust her loose? Say she can bunk with her and Jake?

So Sonny did take the job offer. Uncle Vic looked a bit more active today.

That's because Days is on NBC so... I do want Sarah to be a competent adult again like she was when she first showed up to Salem. 

I don't get the point of Gabi anymore tbh and the show clearly doesn't either. Which is a shame because she has chemistry with most of her costars I'm fine with her being the next Kate but even Kate had things that grounded her to reality. Outside of Wilson and Rafe I don't see much humanity out of her.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

On a shallow note, Marci Miller(Abigail) looked pretty & more stylish today...instead of her regular Little House on the Prairie dress, she had on a pretty silk blouse & plaid slacks..

Huh...I liked the blouse well enough but I didn't care for the pants. I just thought it didn't pair well with the blouse and made MM look a bit uh...large from the waist down.

• Love 1

Oh man, great ep.

EOB is SO good. Just send Gwen off to prison for like 6 months and then say she got out early on a technicality or something, Ron!

I was so glad LG was playing Sarah normally. Please don't let her start that manic pixie dream girl shit again!

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

It would have been a perfect time to show some flashbacks of Tony/Anna/Renee while Tony/Anna were in the crypt, but yet we had to be subjected ONCE AGAIN to Jack's spawn LONG ASS pity fest. ENOUGH ALREADY! TIME TO MOVE ON!

Edited by Sidney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Renee was a morally grey character she started out nice and then became darker back when soaps could write complex characters. I think Tony's speech and the scene he had with Anna with the Philece Sampler tribute was the best part of today's show.

Its unfortunate it took the RL death of the actress to honor the character.... 

I wonder why they never did anything for Jed Allan/Don Craig who was far more significant to Days history but then that would mean the show would have to acknowledge a Marlena relationship that predates John... never mind he had history with Julie and Maggie as well.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Brendan Birch said:

That was definitely the closure between them before Xander is moved straight back to Sarah.  Not even a break first.  Right back to her.

Works for me, considering how and why Gwen/Xander ended. And since their whole relationship was on a foundation of quicksand to begin with.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Sarah didn't ask what day it was, what year it was, anything? She did look in the mirror and see the moppy mange of hair, though. So yeah, if she had short hair that she remembered, it was much longer. At least Maggie showed off some impressive hair styling skills. I also liked Maggie visiting the DiMera mansion to tell Anna that she was dropping the charges.

Emily O'Brien continued to knock it out of the park today. She does this type of work so well. Not taking Ava's plan to get out, being somewhat remorseful of the result of her actions on her family and dad, and maybe hoping that she can change in prison, and learn how to live life and accept consequences for her actions. Wonder how long that will last.

Gwen and Xander did have a closure farewell.

I didn't get the need to visit the crypt to pay respects to Renee DuMonde. It just accomplished Anna finding the baby soother (it seemed a little odd for a newborn to have one, but if the baby cries a lot....) and the tribute to the actress who played her.

Xander and Sarah should have a break and a slow getting back together. He does have to explain what happened in the past year or so. Now Sarah wants to see her baby?

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Sarah didn't ask what day it was, what year it was, anything? She did look in the mirror and see the moppy mange of hair, though. So yeah, if she had short hair that she remembered, it was much longer. At least Maggie showed off some impressive hair styling skills. I also liked Maggie visiting the DiMera mansion to tell Anna that she was dropping the charges.

Emily O'Brien continued to knock it out of the park today. She does this type of work so well. Not taking Ava's plan to get out, being somewhat remorseful of the result of her actions on her family and dad, and maybe hoping that she can change in prison, and learn how to live life and accept consequences for her actions. Wonder how long that will last.

Gwen and Xander did have a closure farewell.

I didn't get the need to visit the crypt to pay respects to Renee DuMonde. It just accomplished Anna finding the baby soother (it seemed a little odd for a newborn to have one, but if the baby cries a lot....) and the tribute to the actress who played her.

Xander and Sarah should have a break and a slow getting back together. He does have to explain what happened in the past year or so. Now Sarah wants to see her baby?

Maybe the Michaela stuff will lead to a temporary break. Who knows? I do remember Paul Telfer saying in an interview that Linsey Godfrey was not thrilled with the story and him saying he told her that Xander/Sarah have to "earn" their reunion. Sooo...

*shrug*

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Brendan Birch said:

I don't even see what Sarah has to earn.  Xander, however . . .

I'm pretty sure it was Mackenzie, though, not Michaela.

Oh, right. Mackenzie. Knew the name either way was to honor her father. Guess we'll see how the Mackenzie (thanks) redux plays out...

ETA: But now I hope - if Sarah does have another kid down the line and it is a girl she does use Michaela, since she likely won't use the same name [rightfully so!] again. It would still be a nice way to honor Mickey.

• Love 3

Xander has to account for his annus jerkus - believing that Sarah had indeed dumped him, marrying Chanel after knowing her for a few hours, having a one night stand with Nicole, and then being a bit more of a jerk and then taking up with Gwen and Dr. Snyder, etc. etc.

• Love 6
Just now, Frozendiva said:

Xander has to account for his annus jerkus - believing that Sarah had indeed dumped him, marrying Chanel after knowing her for a few hours, having a one night stand with Nicole, and then being a bit more of a jerk and then taking up with Gwen and Dr. Snyder, etc. etc.

I get all that. I do. But...considering how many other characters get their crimes under rug swept [hi, Ben!], I won't hold my breath.

The days (pardon the unintentional pun!) of well-paced writing and true atonement a la Jack Deveraux are long gone!

• Love 8
(edited)

Yeah...... about Gwennie's lightbulb moment of taking responsibility and doing the right thing, seems to me she's using a coupon to get her redemption on the cheap side.  She's not taking responsibility, she's just pleading guilty to the lesser charges to get a lighter sentence, not the most serious ones, all of which she's guilty.  Let's not cue the violins for her just yet.  Maybe cue the  accordion or the harmonica.

She's picking and choosing her redemption as if it's the All You Can Eat salad bar at Red Lobster.   And you just know she'd take all the breadsticks. 

What a champ!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Still better than Ben's 'redemption' lol.

But Ben was really, really, REALLY sorry, dontcha know.

And those abs just screamed redemption.

• LOL 13

I didn't know Canada was a day ahead.

Charlie! I mean, I always welcome a Mike Manning appearance. Although it always makes me sad that we didn't get more from him. Ditto Evan/Brock Kelly. Sigh.

I was yelling "Kill her!" when Evan was strangling Ciara lol. Not the reaction they wanted, I'm sure!

The Tripp scenes were great. I wish they'd give him more to do.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I didn't know Canada was a day ahead.

Charlie! I mean, I always welcome a Mike Manning appearance. Although it always makes me sad that we didn't get more from him. Ditto Evan/Brock Kelly. Sigh.

I was yelling "Kill her!" when Evan was strangling Ciara lol. Not the reaction they wanted, I'm sure!

The Tripp scenes were great. I wish they'd give him more to do.

OK - we're on the same day then. I just hadn't seen any mention of CHARLIE, so I wondered. I hooted in excitement.

Was definitely rooting for Evan. Loved that he decided to (try to) strangle Ciara because she's married to the (reformed) necktie killer. And of course Ciara shows up thinking she's all that on a motorcycle, shakes her hair out after removing her helmet, and demands the devil stop their dirty sinful business.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

And of course Ciara shows up thinking she's all that on a motorcycle, shakes her hair out after removing her helmet, and demands the devil stop their dirty sinful business.

Ugh, right! I wish the devil would just kill her. And Ben, but mostly her tbh. Do me a solid, Beelzebub!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yes, same here!

5 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Was definitely rooting for Evan. Loved that he decided to (try to) strangle Ciara because she's married to the (reformed) necktie killer. 

Yes again! Team Evan all the way. 

Also in those scrubs, forget arresting his handsome ass, send him to medical school! Surely he can do his residency with Dr. Rolf at Statesville.  I mean, Rolf is getting up there in age and who will bring the Salemites back from the dead once he's gone and there's no one to bring him back. 🤔😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

So, Ciara, who has given birth a few hours ago, can hop out of the hospital bed to go look for her baby. Yeah, you may not be able to walk normally for a bit and without pain. You are lucky.

I also was rooting for Evan a bit.

Nice to see Mike Manning again. Maybe the show can recast him as someone else with no tie to Allie.

The little possession scene was cute. I wish there was a bit more danger and malice, but..... this is a soap.

I didn't remember too much about Lani - only that she and Chanel seemed to get along today. Steve should recognize the gun as a police gun - why would Paulina have access to her daughter's gun?

The Susan/Johnny/Marlena thing was silly.

I did get that Johnny wouldn't have minded taking on Charlie for what he did to Allie.

• Love 4

If I'm going to say something nice about the episode, it's that I thought the actors did a good job of injecting believability into some of the stupidest scenes I've ever watched on the television show.  

Good to see Charlie again.  I still hate Ron for killing him off for that boring WhoDunIt.  

I liked that there was a scene with Lani questioning how her father was dead, and Stowers actually did a decent job with it.  Pleasant surprise.  

• Love 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So, Ciara, who has given birth a few hours ago, can hop out of the hospital bed to go look for her baby. Yeah, you may not be able to walk normally for a bit and without pain. You are lucky.

If Show had any sense of reality at all, then Ciara riding a motorcycle a few hours after giving birth would be all the payback she so richly deserves.

In any case, that bike is gonna need a new seat.  Badly.

10 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

If I'm going to say something nice about the episode, it's that I thought the actors did a good job of injecting believability into some of the stupidest scenes I've ever watched on the television show.  

I think that my favorite out of all the immensely stupid stuff we saw today was that scene at the Dimera house with Johnnie, Susan and Marlena.  Especially Susan holding their hands so tightly and shaking them up and down vigorously, much to DH's apparent surprise and dismay.  I loved Marlena walking in, her pocketbook held in front of her like a tank and reacting to both Johnnie and Susan with all the emotion of a roomba needing to be recharged.  I can't remember now - did Marlena ever put that huge purse down at any point?

Charlie looks fantastic for a guy who's been buried, dug up and then buried again.  Like he said, the gym in Hell must be excellent!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

Tripp, Steve and Kayla talk was really well done.  It’s nice to finally see that you don’t get over someone you love that easily.  
    Johnny was really fighting to save Allie.   I don’t get the sense she would do the same for him.  She never seemed like she really liked her twin. 
    Chanel keeps saying what the twins did to her.  She needs to take some responsibility as well.  She needs to look at herself and wonder why she would jump from one relationship to another.  Maybe she can talk to Brady.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Also in those scrubs, forget arresting his handsome ass, send him to medical school! Surely he can do his residency with Dr. Rolf at Statesville.  I mean, Rolf is getting up there in age and who will bring the Salemites back from the dead once he's gone and there's no one to bring him back. 🤔😁

Um, I love this idea lol!

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Yes, same here!

Yes again! Team Evan all the way. 

They can always download his brain onto a chip and transplant it into somebody.

13 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

You never watched Passions?

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Even though I don't think Tripp should really exist Lucas Adams has great chemistry with SN/MBE if only he played Joey or Benjy Hawk he could still be tied to them without me having to suspend even more disbelief on this show. Actually it would've made more sense for Kayla to have a kid with someone other than Steve all those years he was gone than the whole Steve/Ava storyline in general but I digress.

• Love 8
On 5/13/2022 at 4:03 PM, tribeca said:

The devil thinks Kate is bible thumper.   He does know she dug herself out of a grave.  

The Devil was referring to Johnny's grandmother's, Marlena and Susan. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, JBC344 said:

The Devil was referring to Johnny's grandmother's, Marlena and Susan. 

Sorry I got confused.  I need a map.  Although IMO the devil would be scared of Kate.  

• LOL 6

Steve, Kayla and Tripp scenes were well done.   I've always been on the fence about Tripp.  I kind of resent that he's there and Stephanie and Joey are not but I do like him in moments like this with Steve and Kayla.  I still hate that he's never held what Ava did to his family against her but that's Ron. He has people ignore some of the most evil things characters have done. 

I don't really like Tripp and Allie together but I'm not sure who I'd want Tripp with.  There's nobody left so unless they are bringing someone on for him not sure he'll be sticking around.  I noticed a lot of folks on twitter criticize Tripp for some things he has said about Allie but she did accuse him of rape and she did cheat on him .   Anyone would be angry or hurt about that. 

The story this show should have done with Tripp and Ava is Ava hating Kayla and Tripp's relationship. Tripp became a doctor because of Kayla and Ava should hate that.   Kayla vs Ava would be good drama but Ron seems to prefer manufactured drama

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Swartz said:

Steve, Kayla and Tripp scenes were well done.   I've always been on the fence about Tripp.  I kind of resent that he's there and Stephanie and Joey are not but I do like him in moments like this with Steve and Kayla.  I still hate that he's never held what Ava did to his family against her but that's Ron. He has people ignore some of the most evil things characters have done. 

I don't really like Tripp and Allie together but I'm not sure who I'd want Tripp with.  There's nobody left so unless they are bringing someone on for him not sure he'll be sticking around.  I noticed a lot of folks on twitter criticize Tripp for some things he has said about Allie but she did accuse him of rape and she did cheat on him .   Anyone would be angry or hurt about that. 

The story this show should have done with Tripp and Ava is Ava hating Kayla and Tripp's relationship. Tripp became a doctor because of Kayla and Ava should hate that.   Kayla vs Ava would be good drama but Ron seems to prefer manufactured drama

Tripp is a lot nicer to Allie than she deserves I wish he would go psycho on her tbh (if he's not going to stick around go out with a bang and channel his mother) 

Course I notice Days twitter is pro Jarlena and family and Jarlena have never been my cup of tea so anyone who doesn't worship them is considered awful.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Tripp is a lot nicer to Allie than she deserves I wish he would go psycho on her tbh (if he's not going to stick around go out with a bang and channel his mother) 

Course I notice Days twitter is pro Jarlena and family and Jarlena have never been my cup of tea so anyone who doesn't worship them is considered awful.

Same here.  I started watching Days in the mid-90s.  I’m not that big a fan of John and Marlena.  They seemed too focused on their relationship and not on their respective kids.  I mean their actions started Sami’s path to darkness.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

and Jarlena have never been my cup of tea

As I have said, ditto. I have liked RoJohn/John with all his other pairings/potential pairings with the various other women he was involved with than I have ever liked him with Doc.

But, at this point, it is what it is.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, mariah23 said:

Same here.  I started watching Days in the mid-90s.  I’m not that big a fan of John and Marlena.  They seemed too focused on their relationship and not on their respective kids.  I mean their actions started Sami’s path to darkness.

While Jarlena’s affair was wrong, they took responsibility and ended their affair and Marlena, especially, tried to heal things with Sami. Sami, though, refused to heal things with her mother and all her future crimes were on her and her alone IMO. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, mariah23 said:

Same. I loved John with Isabella, Diana even Kristen before she went off the rails, but I have always found Marlena very cold (a contrast from Dee herself who is absolutely lovely in all her videos as herself). Twitter though is a sea of Jarlena worship at an alarming level, only rivalled by the Cin minions (the ones I have not blocked yet) who are truly scary. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

While Jarlena’s affair was wrong, they took responsibility and ended their affair and Marlena, especially, tried to heal things with Sami. Sami, though, refused to heal things with her mother and all her future crimes were on her and her alone IMO. 

Completely agree. Somehow, people always forget that Marlena chose Sami and Roman regarding the aftermath of the affair, and Sami and Roman are the ones who continually rejected Marlena. People also seem to forget that Marlena was single for literal years after the conclusion of the affair because of her guilt. People also forget that Marlena often defended Sami's heinous actions to people multiple times, and the slap of Sami at one of Carrie's weddings was when Marlena could lie to herself no longer. That didn't stop her from lying to herself again in the future.

I also think people forget the times the show wrote Marlena out of character to facilitate Sami's character growth. In particular, when Sami was pregnant with the twins, and they thought EJ was the father of both kids. Marlena was the one who suggested to Sami she lie about paternity and Sami was the one who said she couldn't. This resulted in Marlena telling Sami how proud she was of Sami's individual growth as a person.

I also don't see anything wrong with Jarlena loving each other more than their children. Their youngest child together is 40 and has a 20 something daughter herself. They've earned the right to love each other more with middle-aged children, 20 something grandchildren and an adolescent greatgrandchild.

• Love 2

Tripp came THROUGH for Allie and the Black-Evans-Brady clan. My boy not only offered up his body to save Allie he then fought The Devil off to throw himself out the window to stop him from killing Allie. He better get a Bo aided resurrection or something because he can't go out like that. He deserves better.  Oddly, though given his Vitali roots, he could've made a good host for The Devil as well and caused some havoc for a while. In any case, I want him saved. I know I said The Devil needed to have some lasting carnage but I'm not ready to let Tripp go.

So let me get this straight. On Friday, Susan and Marlena let Johnny roll out on his own to save Allie with a Godspeed but today Marlena decided to drag her ass on over for the final confrontation?  EVERYONE should've been at that gravesite with them trying to confront her there and only when they overpower her does she run away with everyone fanning out to search the grounds to find her and Marlena and/or Tripp stumbling upon her in the church/barn. One by one everyone would come into the barn as they regrouped again to take The Devil down for Tripp to offer up himself and the outcome being the same. Also where the HELL are her parents?! Sami and Lucas being MIA for this mess is so wrong. I hope Allie and Marlena hold it against them.

Still wouldn't be surprised if Jan/Shawn's baby ends up the alternate vessel for The Devil with Jan running off with the kid and them both presumed dead only for the audience to know that they're alive, the kid is possessed (or maybe Jan is) and they leave town to return down the line.

Finally- Bo! Man you looking good in your casual angel-wear strolling on into the hospital to greet your daughter and grandson. Missed ya, buddy!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

I am losing brain cells watching today's show

Right there with ya! I was in the middle of a paint project so was just planning on listening to the show today but looked up at one point to see the lights of heaven being bestowed on the most obnoxious self-absorbed narcissist in Salem. Turned back to watching paint dry as a better alternative to that crap.  

Also, based on her outfit, was Jan planning on seducing Shawn because I'm pretty sure if her "high risk" pregnancy is so dire that she needed released from prison, sexual intercourse is not part of bed rest.  And has Shwan never heard of DoorDash?  

• LOL 11
(edited)

The flashback to MarDevil had better special effects than the present.

I gotta say, not super impressed with the devil's general powers. A bunch of people start screaming "I love yooooou" and they just succumb? Should have just torched the place when they had the chance.

Couldn't care less about Jan Spears. Please just put her back into a coma for another decade.

Edited by RunningMarket
  • Love 14

Days is my least favorite of the four soaps left. It’s just so non traditional for me and some of the acting is really bad. Hopefully, when the possessions are all done with it will go back to a somewhat normal soap less advising from Kristen now and then. LOL!!!! I don’t know how the actors keep a straight face with the devil talk. I watched the in the late 70’s and the 80’s. There was always Stefano but even then it didn’t seem so far fetched. That said, I’m sure their are a million other people who love all this and I am in the minority. I’ll continue watching but will fast forward when needed. LOL!!!

• Love 5