Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)
9 hours ago, Brendan Birch said:

Completely over the sarcasm toward her.  In fact, it's getting me really, really stabby.  It's sad to me because it's clearly shaped a lot of her life and how she's turned out.  Parental abandonment can do that to someone.

How lucky we are, then, that this is an online forum.  

Using Gwen as a poster child for the effects of parental abandonment is like using Marlena as a template for good psychiatry or Kristen as an example of sibling love or the Salem P.D. as a stellar sample of good police work.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 5
  • Love 13
20 minutes ago, boes said:

Using Gwen as a poster child for the effects of parental abandonment is like using Marlena as a template for good psychiatry or Kristen as an example of sibling love or the Salem P.D. as a stellar sample of good police work.

Yes, Gwen had a horrendous childhood but she's using that to hurt people who weren't even involved in her abuse in any way, shape or form.  And then when she does have to face some consequences like she did in today's episode, Gwen immediately lashes out that Abby lied to her, Abby deliberately took away her happiness, SHE's the true victim, not Sarah. While the actress is fabulous, the character she plays is completely beyond redemption.  

I LOVED the little insolent head tilt Clyde gave to Chloe and Brady when Nancy defended him, saying she believes he's a changed man.

Re:  Leo and Craig, Leo was rather believable with his remorse but he's still legally married to Darius, so there's no possibility of marital bless for them--maybe that's a good thing.

• Love 10

I’d doubt that Gwen was complimenting her dress too; Abs wears the f-ugliest dresses. 

I can't believe my mom is dating a recently released convict says the woman who is dating a former addict who has a psycho baby mama on the lamb who might come after her at any time.  Odds are dating Clyde won't land Nancy on Tasty Chicken Island thinking she's a long dead and mostly forgotten Dimera. But it's a distinct possibility for Chloe. 

Chad and Sonny both protest a little too much when it comes to Leo.  Funny how Chad has his skinny pants in bigger knots now over this fake news drag queen local tabloid headline than he did when the real news of his affair with the nanny who drugged his wife hit the stands. 

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I kept hoping she'd use it to get immunity. That's the Salem way! I really don't want to lose EOB/Gwen. If she does go, they better bring her back in a year with an undisclosed mental illness that explains away all her actions.

I was thinking the same thing!  Did she learn nothing from Ava???  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, boes said:

How lucky we are, then, that this is an online forum. (added) to discuss fictional characters and stories

Don't forget to add the Salem Hospital as a beacon of virtue regarding patient rights.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I can't believe my mom is dating a recently released convict says the woman who is dating a former addict who has a psycho baby mama on the lamb who might come after her at any time.  Odds are dating Clyde won't land Nancy on Tasty Chicken Island thinking she's a long dead and mostly forgotten Dimera. But it's a distinct possibility for Chloe. 

This isn't the point of your post and I don't want to argue with you, but I don't think it's fair to hold Brady's addiction against him as a negative.  I think they've actually portrayed his addiction and recovery pretty realistically, and that it's still a struggle for him everyday.  He's not TR, hiding it and getting high all the time... Brady has sought the help and put in the work.  That's commendable.  

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

This isn't the point of your post and I don't want to argue with you, but I don't think it's fair to hold Brady's addiction against him as a negative.  I think they've actually portrayed his addiction and recovery pretty realistically, and that it's still a struggle for him everyday.  He's not TR, hiding it and getting high all the time... Brady has sought the help and put in the work.  That's commendable.  

No, in fact, my point was that if Chloe believed people could change and overcome their past then she had no business meddling in her mother's new relationship with a man who also had....baggage. But most importantly, she's so worried about the people her parents are getting involved with while seeming blissfully ignorant of the threat that looms over her head. Probably only a matter of time till Kristin sets her bat-shit crazy wrath on Chloe. No way is that woman going to let Chloe play house with Brady and Rachel. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

No, in fact, my point was that if Chloe believed people could change and overcome their past then she had no business meddling in her mother's new relationship with a man who also had....baggage. But most importantly, she's so worried about the people her parents are getting involved with while seeming blissfully ignorant of the threat that looms over her head. Probably only a matter of time till Kristin sets her bat-shit crazy wrath on Chloe. No way is that woman going to let Chloe play house with Brady and Rachel. 

Ah yes - I agree!  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

While the actress is fabulous, the character she plays is completely beyond redemption.  

The show has easily proven that no character is beyond redemption. Ben, a serial killer, is redeemed and they're currently redeeming Clyde, who raped his stepdaughter and abused his son.

3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Did [Gwen] learn nothing from Ava???  

Maybe she should have met with Ava when Ava came to visit her. Ava probably would have told her to use something to get immunity lol.

Another good ep today.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

they're currently redeeming Clyde, who raped his stepdaughter and abused his son.

I don't think they are. He has already talked to someone about a drug deal and was trying to negotiate something with EJ, so I don't think they are redeeming him at all. Nancy will ignore all the I-told-yous and she will end up being used as a hostage for one of his deals or something. Chloe is absolutely ridiculous, though. But, the writers have had no idea what to do with her since they brought her back.

• Love 3

I didn't have a problem with Chloe warning her dad about Leo so I definitely don't see anything wrong with her warning her mother about a man who raped his stepdaughter and abused his son, let alone all the other shit he did.

They already started trying to make Clyde seem redeemed the last time he was on imo when they were trying to show the loving relationship between him and Ben. I think they'll probably still let people hate him though, which is a better way to go than what they've done with Ben.

• Love 8

I don't really care about much on a soap but it's hard for even me to reconcile a serial killer being turned into the romantic lead lol.

I can even watch Ben scenes and enjoy them occasionally, but it's just really stupid and awful imo that they made him a romantic lead.

I don't even remember half of what Xander did and I'm pretty sure I wasn't watching for some of it, so that helps. Also, it doesn't feel like the writers are trying to force me to accept him, while it does feel like that with Ben to me.

30 minutes ago, Brendan Birch said:

To be fair, there are still characters who don't like or trust Ben and are allowed to do so.  They're just either off the canvas or dead. 

Well there you go lol.

• Love 6

I actually don't mind Ben when he's with his dad or Jordan because he's confronted with his flaws its everything else I don't care for tbh.

And for the millionth time I like to remind everyone how glad I am JJ is nowhere near his family drama(even if he probably should be)

• Love 6

I think making Will become friends with Ben was what put the whole thing over the top. I feel like someone should have been like maybe we don’t do that lol.

Although, I suppose I should be happy they redeemed Ben because it means I don’t really have to worry about Gwen not being viable after what she’s done.

• Love 3

I don't mind Chloe warning either of her parents about their dates, because she does know them better than Craig and Nancy. That said, it was her tone that I didn't like - the "over my dead body" like she was actually in charge. They are still her parents and are adults and a simple warning would have been sufficient. Especially since neither of them paid any attention.

• Love 6

I apparently earned a 'one year in' badge today. I have been a member sine 2015, so I am a bit puzzled.

Nancy, what happened to your scheming radar? You are being naive about Clyde. Do an Internet search. He is hardly a charming Southern gentleman. Although he sort of did tell her the truth of why he bailed on their date.

So Leo is a gay man scorned and looking for revenge? And wanting to stay in pedestrian and boring Salem?

Awww, Gwennie, playing the Deveraux family. The autopsy didn't show an accidental death? Was it uncertain? Was Abs carrying a Michael Kors bag?

Bye, Craig. Guess Kayla will get her job back. At least she got a 2 week vacation.

Chad, Shin may be having a chat with you. Your Intruder story may have a negative influence on the DiMera company.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Poor Gwennie.  Mater never loved her and now Pater is going to keep his distance.  All of her dreams of being part of a "real" family have been dashed, and by people who just can't take a joke.  Did she kill Laura, or did she just bore her to death with her endless tales of being so poor she could have fish, or she could have chips, but apparently never was able to afford them both at the same time.  I'd say that nobody knows the trouble she's seen, but by now, everyone in Salem must cover their ears the minute they see her coming.

Gwen might want to count her blessings.  If she'd somehow reunited with Pater earlier and been raised by him and Jennifer, then she'd be parading around like a demented Nellie Oleson along with her sister, Half-Pint.  Did Little House on the Prairie ever do an episode where the Devil infested Walnut Grove?  Say it ain't so, Paw.

There are always trade-offs.

I'm hoping that, once the dust settles, Nancy and Granny Clampett can double date with his son BenOllie and Ciara.  Each and everyone of them deserve exactly that.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I apparently earned a 'one year in' badge today. I have been a member sine 2015, so I am a bit puzzled.

I just read an explanation of this on another thread. It was due to the substantial upgrade they just pushed and will be slowly catching up to itself and will be more evident with a "new look" that will be coming.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
On 5/4/2022 at 12:45 PM, boes said:

I wanted to lol at this, but it’s too true.

in real life, people have gone through the same or worse. Doesn’t give them an excuse, especially with all the chances she’s had. For everyone, getting over life’s obstacles, growing up and being accountable for one’s actions, yourself, is what defines you. You have to ask for help and if you can’t do that, at least not refuse the help that’s right in front of your nose. 

Time to grow up

That being said, the others don’t have many stones to throw, so..🤷‍♀️

on a side note

Nooooooooo

Not more psychic(psychotic)banter between CIN! Did we not already have what felt like forever when Ciara was kidnapped? I cannot watch it!

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I haven't watched in eons. I watched maybe 5 minutes today. So, Allie is the one possessed right?  OK, Allie, or demon, or whoever yuo are.  Maybe if your plan consists of convincing Ciara of a bunch of crap, you shouldn't be spouting that plan in front of her, asleep or not.

• Love 3

The nauseating psychic connection scenes may have convinced my husband (sitting with me over lunch) that this "trying working from home a few days" thing isn't worth it. 😆

Did anyone in the writer's room actually pay attention to their Shakespeare studies? Romeo and Juliet doesn't end well for the title characters.

Also, I realize it's how soap dialogue works, but holy shit Paulina. Stop screeching for 5 seconds and allow Chanel to explain things. I realize she did get the chance to do so, but it took waaaaay too long to get there.

Stay in that coma, Eli. There ain't nothing for you out here.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

I don’t watch every day.  Is this the first time Ben and Ciara have used Romeo and Juliet to communicate?  Could this show have been planned to air April 23, Shakespeare’s birthday?  

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

I don’t watch every day.  Is this the first time Ben and Ciara have used Romeo and Juliet to communicate?  Could this show have been planned to air April 23, Shakespeare’s birthday?  

Back when Ciara was being held by Evan (after her wedding and subsequent finding of Ben, etc.) and was presumed dead, Ben and Ciara communicated telepathically via books she was left in her room by her captures. They both dreamed in Romeo and Juliet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Did anyone in the writer's room actually pay attention to their Shakespeare studies? Romeo and Juliet doesn't end well for the title characters.

This! If Ron is going to use that romantic-tragedy as the theme for their epic love then they better both die! But Ron seems more like a cliff notes kind of guy so we probably won't be so lucky. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

This! If Ron is going to use that romantic-tragedy as the theme for their epic love then they better both die! But Ron seems more like a cliff notes kind of guy so we probably won't be so lucky. 

They'll both die.  In order to thwart the devil's plans. Their deaths will somehow send the devil back to Hell forever.  And then Rolf will bring them back to life.  I mean that sounds like something that could happen on this show, right?

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Eli is back! No more seeing a hand or just hearing the machine beep. And he is waking up!

Glad that TR's former girlfriend is alive. She should write a letter to the Salem PD or leave a message on the local Crimestoppers crime tip line. But then again, this is Salem.

I get the psychic link part and it can happen. The whole Romeo and Juliet was useless. How is that going to help anyone find Ciara - oh, Romeo, find me on the balcony of the Horton Cabine. Send a flash view of your location. How convenient that Ciara's water broke. She only looks maybe 6-7 months along and obviously didn't gain any weight. I was watching to see the Romeo and Juliet scenes to see if they would show any part of Ciara below the top of her outfit to see the lack of pillow.

Chanel, listen to your mom about not getting involved with the devilish twins.

• Love 8

I have to hand it to VK, she's done it again.  Every single time this sneering lunkhead  ends up in yet another Perils of Pauline situation, her complete obnoxiousness makes me sympathetic to whatever villian is dealing with her now.

Now, poor Satan is stuck going through labor with her screeching.  Somebody get Ol' Scratch a drink!

Poor Eli.  Now that he's awake, he'll be trying to warn Lani and you just know she'll talk over him or tell him how hard this has all been on her.  I wouldn't blame him if he lapses back into a coma.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Brendan Birch said:

I actually don't get why Paulina said that to Chanel.  She now knows, just like Chanel, that Johnny and Allie weren't at fault for her heart being broken.  The Devil was.  So why urge her to avoid them entirely when it wasn't their fault?

It's possible that Mama Paulina raised her family to be superstitious about certain things. Maybe this will be the Devil's last stand in boring Salem and it will move on. Given that it never left, it could be waiting in the wings for someone new to possess.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Brendan Birch said:

I actually don't get why Paulina said that to Chanel.  She now knows, just like Chanel, that Johnny and Allie weren't at fault for her heart being broken.  The Devil was.  So why urge her to avoid them entirely when it wasn't their fault?

I gotta agree with the 2 posts above me. This family has a tendency to be possessed by the devil. I wouldn't blame people for staying away from them lol.

9 hours ago, boes said:

Now, poor Satan is stuck going through labor with her screeching.  Somebody get Ol' Scratch a drink!

I want AlDevil to just be like 'that baby isn't worth it' and leave Ciara there. 

• LOL 10
(edited)

Ciara: I need the serial killer who strangled the last breath out of people to tell me how to breathe!   🙄

Good to see Eli back breathing on his own and with his brain intact. Coma or not, some of his fellow Salem PD can't say the same.  Neither can some writers....

So the show has established it's May. I presume the Olympic interruption has been adjusted.  But Ciara's baby was conceived in October. She shouldn't be due till July. That's more than just "a few weeks" early. Apparently Ron wasn't paying any more attention in math class than he was in English.  Does the devil have lung development powers cause that usually the biggest issues with preemies aside from weight? 

14 hours ago, boes said:

I have to hand it to VK, she's done it again.  Every single time this sneering lunkhead  ends up in yet another Perils of Pauline situation, her complete obnoxiousness makes me sympathetic to whatever villian is dealing with her now.

Team Allie-Devil all the way!  Do you think she sped up labor just so she didn't have to put up with Ciara's obnoxious ass any longer? That was a pretty speedy L&D for a first birth. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Another good ep. I don't have much to say. I just enjoyed it lol.

I did think it was a good Friday episode today as all the stories featured were building up to a climax. Lots of action and nothing dragged. It actually left me wanting to be able to play Monday's episode right after and binge watch.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Yay, so glad Eli is out of a coma!  LA is one of my favorites and I wish they'd give him more to do.

Also, I've missed a bunch of shows but have caught the fallout of Gwen's lies and man is EOB a wonderful actor.  When Gwen was talking to Jack about her addict mother choosing drugs over everything else, and how she (Gwen) was essentially doing the same thing ... it was just beautifully written and played. 

And when Abigail confronted Gwen about Laura, and Gwen sneered that'd she would never tell her the truth, again EOB was great.  You could really see and feel her anger at Abigail and at herself for being so pathetic.  Yet all Marci Miller could do was stand there slightly annoyed, like she just got the wrong order at Taco Bell.  How she ever got an Emmy nom I'll never understand.  

Anyway, I hope this isn't the end for Gwen because I really, really like EOB.

Also, nuSonny is one of the best recasts I can remember and he and Chad are great scene partners.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 11

A lot of first time and other time moms would love such a speedy delivery. And no mess after! Maybe the Devil was bored and helped things along. Allie did hold her true identity a long time. And now she has taken the baby? Where is she going to go?

Johnny's remote viewing (with the help of Grandma) is something that most people can be taught to do. Nothing to do with any sort of special connection.

Eli is awake and no sign of any trauma to his head or hair. The hospital hair grows fast! At least he remembered quickly.

TR, you are a slippery snake. You are barely in Paulina's life and you are proposing to her? You must want her money bad. And now with Eli awake and possibly remembering that you shot him, time to get outta Dodge, er, Salem.

Julie, just do you.

• Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Johnny's remote viewing (with the help of Grandma) is something that most people can be taught to do. Nothing to do with any sort of special connection.

Don’t know where This should go but wow this is interesting. I need to find out more. What do you mean? Do tell! 

Edited by chediavolo
  • Love 2

Tripp so disappointed in you.   You don’t just give that information to anyone.  
  Paulina good for you for not falling for that marriage proposal.  
Julie had some good advice.  

• Love 12
12 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I’m tired of Eli being nothing more than a supportive character to Lani. He’s nothing more than her purse holder while she gets all the meaty storylines.

I agree he's way more interesting than she is. All these years and we barely know him tbh. However he's a Horton male and well I've explained this many times before.

• Love 9

Catching up on this past week . . . 

I agree that I wish Eli was more of a focus rather than doing nothing but supporting Lani.  I don't find her all that interesting that we need her long-lost mother, sister, father, and supporting cast while there are legacy characters that should be around.  She is not the Carver child that should get all this attention.  I'd rather know what Theo is doing.

In regard to the did Gwen murder Laura or not saga, I don't get why anyone would think killing Laura is somehow beyond what Gwen is capable of.  I totally believe she did it.  Was it pre-meditated?  Maybe not, but I can totally buy she killed Laura in a fit of rage.  There's a reason they never showed what actually happened in that moment.  Maybe they'll say later or show/prove definitively it was an accident, but right now, it's absolutely possible she did intentionally kill Laura.

I mean, despite all her "poor, poor, me" excuses, it's not like she is somehow above trying to kill anyone.  Or that it's somehow a step too far for her.  Why doesn't any bring up her MULTIPLE acts of attempted murder?  She's been trying to kill Abigail from the moment she appeared.  She's just been lucky she hasn't so far.  Any of her attempts at drugging Abby and now Sarah could have killed them and made her a murderer.  And those actions ARE pre-meditated. Her latest clubbing of Abby in the head could have killed her.  Would that not have been murder?  This wench should have been locked up and off the streets a long time ago.  She has no regard for life beyond her own wants and desires and will try to take out who she needs to benefit what she wants.  The show just ignores that and plays up all her self-pity and whining.

Jack, who I usually love, is beyond stupid and looks like a sad, abused, puppy who just keeps coming back for more.  "She swears she didn't do it."  STFU Jack.  What she "swears" means less than nothing.  Jennifer needs give him some tough love instead of continuing to support him in his delusions.  She's been more than tolerant and supportive. 

Enough is enough.  How many times does Gwen get to attack Abby?  Is he not going to be satisfied that Gwen is a monster until she actually IS successful at killing her?  Is that what it takes Jack?  Stop engaging with her and maybe she'll get it.  Every time he comes back after another revelation of her yet again being a murderous, dangerous, sociopath just says to her that he'll keep coming back no matter what I do, so why not keep trying.  And now she's declared war on Jennifer.  Jack just likes a total idiot here.  Gwen cares NOTHING about him.  Why doesn't he point out to her that she claims to want a father but cares not one bit about hurting him by hurting the people he loves the most.  What's next, is she going to have beef with JJ too?  What if she decided to go after him too because Jack was (partially) around to raise him?  Would that be crossing yet another line Jack?  She's a nasty wench.

It's just repetitive at this point.  She does something heinous, cries some tears and "poor me," whines about Abigail, promises to do better, but then does something else and the cycle starts all over again.   

• Love 10
7 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Don’t know where This should go but wow this is interesting. I need to find out more. What do you mean? Do tell! 

The ability to see things/people at a distance. Lots on the internet. Google the Stargate Project. Everyone has some level of psychic ability and mostly it is sensing and feeling/intuition. Listening to your gut. Maybe some metaphysical practitioners offer development classes.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The ability to see things/people at a distance. Lots on the internet. Google the Stargate Project. Everyone has some level of psychic ability and mostly it is sensing and feeling/intuition. Listening to your gut. Maybe some metaphysical practitioners offer development classes.

Wow that was interesting! 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, tribeca said:

Tripp so disappointed in you.   You don’t just give that information to anyone.  

I assumed that TR was also on the list of people that Lani wanted informed anyways when she said she needed to make calls and Tripp offered to do it for her. Tripp just called Paulina first, but when TR picked up he would have called him as well so it just saved him a call.  Now if that would have been Kayla, she'd have probably also notified Abigail and Steve and a few other family member of her own. 😁

• LOL 10