Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

The Unwashed Hippie and Priest Rapist are disgusting. Maybe now people will stop acting like Dr Feel Good is the best thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately, I don't think dumbass Brady will have finally learned his lesson about Kristen. If/when she comes back I assume he will fall for her bullshit once again. Definitely not looking forward to Racoon Jen shrieking for months about how Dan "betrayed" her.

If Kristen had even once decent bone in her body she would stop by the hospital on her way out of town and drug Jawn back into a coma.

I couldn't tell if Kristen was drowning or having sex.  We've seen awkward sex before but sheesh.  I finally decided it was intentionally funny.  I hated Kristin's character but I loved the camp.  And I thought her goodbye was pretty nice.  Exactly how long was dummy Brady going to stand there anyway?  So now he's going to drink again?  What an awful, spoiled manchild he is.Still, Jawn's REALLY STUPID plans continue to be terrible.

Lots of bizarre sex stuff today, wasn't there?  I couldn't tell exactly WHAT Dan and Kristen were supposed to be doing in that bed.  For a moment I thought they were two baboons on crack doing a lice check.  

On second thought that might just be right.....

Jawn is just so completely useless.  Although it is immensely difficult to tell because of Marlena's inability to have a facial expression, for a second even she looked amazed by how idiotic his new "plan" was.  And, ummmm, that walk of his.....I guess that's supposed to be the John Black Manly Strut, but frankly it looks like he needs to go change his pants ASAP.  He needs to forgo the macho stuff and just retreat into mu-mu's and get one of those electric scooter that Medicare advertises.  

Oh - anybody worried that Brady might drink again?  Anyone??  Hmm, no hands.  Okay, anyone worried that Brady might do drugs again?  Anybody?  Anyone??  

Nope, didn't think so.  I'd say there were blocks of wood smarter than him but we've already seen that was true with Pinocchio.

Poor, poor, LIma Bean.  So sad.  And how noble of her to lie and lay the blame for her frowny face on her mom, when we all know it's because she wasn't able to get into JJ's pants.  

Watching her feeling so bad when she was studying would have been even better if she had an angel on ONE shoulder saying "Get Your Medical Degree", and a devil on the OTHER shoulder saying "Get Yourself some JJ dick".  Poor little thing - which will it be??  Aunt Kayla might have a revised opinion of Lima Bean if she knew what really went on in that big head of hers.

I don't know why JJ is worried that he's going to repeat his father's criminal behavior when it's Paige who has no trouble first jumping in his bed without permission and now she's using emotional blackmail to go all Barry White on his bod.

I can see why she likes Abigail and Jenn so much, and they like her.  They're all just alike.

OH!  Best part of today was the resurgence of Rory!  Our official Dude of Salem actually gave JJ the best advice when he told him to chill, and was honestly puzzled why JJ would hang his father's bad behavior on himself.  At least in this instance, Rory has a clearer idea of what's right an appropriate than ANY of the women in JJ's life.

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

So the moral of Sami and EJ's exit stories are, don't give Corday notice you are leaving because he will screw up your SL even more.

Hardly any flashbacks of Sami/Lucas, no flashbacks of Sami/Rafe, and no flashbacks of all of Sami's weddings?

Sami's best scenes were with Kate, Caroline, and Nicole.

It takes a rare lack of talent to piss off the Ejamis, Lumis, Safes, Sami fans, EJ fans, Ejami haters, Sami haters, EJ haters, and the fans who don't care about either of the characters or the couples all at the same time.  Is Corday in a competition with Guza and Ron C. to be the most hated man in soaps?

I'll still be reading the snark here, but I won't be watching anymore.

• Love 4

Want to see JJ's head explode? Tell him BOTH his bio grandfathers are rapists (one of his own daughter) and his adopted grandfather was the Salem Slasher. And a Senator.

Actually he was the Riverfront Knifer but anyways....

Don't forget that his Uncle Steve was once a Kiriakis thug who kidnapped and terrorized Hope.

His Uncle Lucas killed Franco...... Grandma Laura spent most her life in the loony bin, and Grandma Jo went up the river for killing Eve's ex Nick Corelli. Eve, incidentally went on trial for that murder...

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 2

It takes a rare lack of talent to piss off the Ejamis, Lumis, Safes, Sami fans, EJ fans, Ejami haters, Sami haters, EJ haters, and the fans who don't care about either of the characters or the couples all at the same time.  Is Corday in a competition with Guza and Ron C. to be the most hated man in soaps?

I know, right?!

Wasn't there a scene where Sami ripped up all of her wedding dresses after something went wrong with one of her weddings? Maybe that flashback could have been included.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Actually he was the Riverfront Knifer but anyways....

Don't forget that his Uncle Steve was once a Kiriakis thug who kidnapped and terrorized Hope.

His Uncle Lucas killed Franco...... Grandma Laura spent most her life in the loony bin, and Grandma Jo went up the river for killing Eve's ex Nick Corelli. Eve, incidentally went on trial for that murder...

In defense of Lucas, that was more defending Kate.  Franco was trying to kill Kate when Lucas stepped in.  

• Love 1

I don't know why JJ having a rapist dad is such a big deal. In Salem everyone is related to a rapist or personally committed a sex crime or once was raped.

Paige still looks like a Lima Bean.

I love Anne's hair and agree Sami's color and curls were beautiful.

• Love 4

So this week it was "Days of Our Open Doors"? John's hospital door was conveniently left slightly open so Brady could overhear John's convo with Theresa about how he knew she bopped (not boffed) him. Daniel could just allllmost close his apartment door to make it easy for Brady to waltz in and catch Dr J and Kristen making love (which never reached completion). Then Eve's door (which is always open, wink, wink) wasn't quite shut so Paige could overhear her mother and Kayla talking about Jack's rape of Kayla. So original of the writers...not!!

• Love 4

Wasn't there a scene where Sami ripped up all of her wedding dresses after something went wrong with one of her weddings? Maybe that flashback could have been included.

I don't recall her actually ripping up the dresses, but I do remember after the disastrous failed Stan wedding to Lucas, Austin took her home. He opened up her closet door and found all her wedding dresses in it and pulled them out and named the wedding each dress had been for. It was hilarious. (Oops, I just rewatched that scene. Austin pulled out the first three and named the weddings, and then Sami got mad and pulled out the other three and named those weddings. LOL) AS has said that's one of her favorite scenes ever, and I was really hoping that it would be included. I never really expected that it wouldn't be included. I still can't understand it...even if they can't write any sort of competent exit SL, how could they screw up the flashbacks? With all the material they had? Any fan of this show - even Sami haters - could have put together a much better set of flashbacks. It's easy to do. It's even easy for Sami haters because lots of the memorable scenes involve Sami getting exposed for one of her schemes and/or slapped.

Didn't Sami find out about Abby and EJ that way?

Actually, no, they didn't have Sami find out via eavesdropping. Shocking! Nick had arranged for photos of one of the EJabby hookups to be sent to her after he died. Then she pulled security cam footage and got an eyeful of the shower sex.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 1

There were so many Sami flashbacks which should have been included that would have been sooooo much better than the exit SL Sami/AS got.  They had the better exit SL going with Sami/Kate's revenge.  They should have stayed with that.

Even Stefano looks like an idiot in this SL.  "Cackle, cackle, Sami will never know she doesn't have EJ's ashes."  {face palm}  "Stefano, the 80s and 90s called.  This isn't Roman/Marlena/John/Bo/Hope/Steve/Kayla.  Sami left the Dimera house of horrors without the urn, but she did take her photo album that doesn't have any pictures of EJ in it."

• Love 3

And I like to think that as soon as Sami left the house, Harold fed the ashes to Sydney's fish, because EJ was always being an ass to him.

(I did like that little running gag. So Will and Sonny couldn't say no to Sydney, and Sami sent Eric to stop it - and it turns out Eric couldn't say no to Sydney either. Ha! I enjoyed their slightly guilty expressions when Lucas mentioned to Sami that Sydney's backpack was oddly soaked...)

• Love 2

I'm not liking all the Jack the rapist talk.   Jack more than redeemed himself over the years and JJ's fear of being like his father is a slap in the face.  The whole town is putting the man down when that is not how he was viewed anymore.  Kudos to Kayla for speaking up about how he redeemed himself.  Eve didn't want anything to do with him but she sure wanted his money.

Days needs to let Jack rest in peace. If JJ becomes a rapist, it's not going to have a damn thing to do with Jack.

• Love 6

What the heck is this shows obession with rape?

I am beyond tired of rape storylines on all soaps, mainly because none of them are handled with the seriousness they deserve. Rape is used as a cheap way to create drama; and imo that is disgusting and irresponsible. 

• Love 4

I don't recall her actually ripping up the dresses, but I do remember after the disastrous failed Stan wedding to Lucas, Austin took her home. He opened up her closet door and found all her wedding dresses in it and pulled them out and named the wedding each dress had been for. It was hilarious. (Oops, I just rewatched that scene. Austin pulled out the first three and named the weddings, and then Sami got mad and pulled out the other three and named those weddings. LOL) AS has said that's one of her favorite scenes ever, and I was really hoping that it would be included. I never really expected that it wouldn't be included. I still can't understand it...even if they can't write any sort of competent exit SL, how could they screw up the flashbacks? With all the material they had? Any fan of this show - even Sami haters - could have put together a much better set of flashbacks. It's easy to do. It's even easy for Sami haters because lots of the memorable scenes involve Sami getting exposed for one of her schemes and/or slapped.

Oh yeah, that's the way the scene actually happened. I thought that scene was funny and could have been included because of how it encapsulated Sami's history.

• Love 1

I am going to bask in the halcyon days that will be this soap while the character and actor of Will is on hiatus.  I hope Sonny meets someone super hot and still hold out hope that they recast the role once Will returns.

Little Johnny, I miss you already!  They should have found a way to keep him.

• Love 2

Ewww. Why is Grotty getting it on with Crazy? Why did Box of Hair Black just walk in and stand there gaping like a goldfish? Why did I tape that episode, and not the one where Sami leaves? What's wrong with these people? Why couldn't I have just left well enough alone why wwwwhhhyyy?

• Love 5

I'm sorry, guys, I thought Kristen and Daniel getting it on was hilarious. Also, inevitable given that the way they've played every scene since her return was seconds away from rutting like farm animals [/GH's Lucky]. Also hilarious was Brady just hanging out for what seemed like forever as they rolled around on each other, grasping and clawing as if neither one of them has gotten laid in twenty years.

"I really like you, Eric." Dammit, can Eve and Eric just have a fun fling? And then be friends with benefits afterwards or something? Come on!

Especially with the weirdness that seems to be creeping in between JJ and Eve. Okay... so... Eve seems to not want much to do with JJ at all, keeps comparing him to Jack (I agree that Jack's absence here is keenly felt.) And I can understand that given that Eve never seemed to see the better parts of Jack so much as the swindling, mercenary side of him. That being said, it's frustrating as hell to have her focus on the rapey part of Jack since that was just the one time with Kayla, yes? He wasn't a serial rapist and he actually did suffer and pay some penance for that and earned the status of 'decent enough citizen' on his own afterwards. Jack was probably one of the last of the Daytime Rapists to actually not get it whitewashed, glossed over and forgotten and given this show's history with rape that seems very rare indeed,

Meanwhile, JJ seems to be having horny thoughts about Eve and that's where it gets really complicated. I remain torn. I think it could actually be fun and twisted and weird in all the right ways IF they don't go down the rapey path right after and this show I definitely do not trust to do that. Eve's clearly the villain of this piece (this show is also not sly in regards that sort of thing) but I'd just rather they don't go that route period.

And I'd like a pony.

• Love 4

Many, many years ago, Days told a fantastic story that played out over many years.  Doug and Julie were having an affair; Julie was married.  Julie's mother convinced Doug to marry her (she was rich and Doug was not a good guy at this point).  Doug and Addie (the mother) fell in love and had Hope.  I was way too young to be watching this but I loved it.  If Days has to repeat stories, please do a complex, interesting one like this with JJ, Eve and Paige.  Added bonus:  if JJ and Eve became a couple, Jen's head would blow off.

• Love 3

If Days has to repeat stories, please do a complex, interesting one like this with JJ, Eve and Paige.  Added bonus:  if JJ and Eve became a couple, Jen's head would blow off.

It could be done. One of my favorite stories like that was Dorian/Joey on OLTL. Dorian totally set out to seduce him to get to Viki but she ended up falling for him for real. They weren't meant to be, lots of other things wound up getting in the way, but for that brief period there was legitimate sweetness to that pairing. She ultimately stepped aside in order to make way for him to be with her niece (Kelly and Joey, at that time, were charming and fun, too -- it's only the years afterwards that were unkind) and I'm not at all averse to an older woman/younger man dynamic and I would also trust in both of these actors.

I do not, however, trust in the writers. They seem to get a perverse joy out of dismantling pairings left and right in the worst possible way, too. I shudder at what the writers might do, I really do.

• Love 2

When is Kristin's last day?  I need off this show and I am going with her.

Amazing how Marlena's biggest plotline these last few months was the arm in a sling....that was never even explained on-camera.

I am SO FED UP of people showing pictures and playing recordings.

• Love 1

Oh RoboMar defending what John did. What he did was stupid and someone really needs to come up to her and break the other arm. What else would you expect from RoboMar? Anytime a parent makes a dumb decision or lies to her child, of course she'll find it OK, since she's been a horrible mother to Sami for so many years.

Boring Bimbo still all mopey and gloom and doom because she's so boring. Where did she get that dorky picture of JJ? You know what also amazes me on soaps is how these characters have promotional photos of characters stored in their phones. Is it hard for the actor to maybe go outside or take a believable photo to send, not professional modeling shots. Just not believable. 

JJ getting photos taken again is just so stupid and repetitive. The writers are just not creative at all when it comes to storytelling. Just bland and same old thing over and over. Lima Bean please, you call it off and now upset because he went to a party. The photos was nothing more than a friendly photo, it isn't like JJ has his tongue out licking one of them. Lima Bean really does blow things out of proportion. She's just like Judgy Jenn, jumping to conclusions before getting the actual story. She knows JJ was texting and calling her like crazy, all she had to do was look at her phone which she did and seen all them missed calls from him. She's such an annoying asshat. 

Anne is just hilarious, see how characters are more lively when they're out of the Dannifer orbit. I've grown to like Theresa once she was away from Dannifer. Why didn't Theresa and Anne run back to Theresa's house? Why go to the park where RoboMar can confront them? RoboMar if anyone needs to STFU, it's you. Theresa's pregnant, who didn't see that coming. RME. 

Miss Rapey throwing another temper tantrum, it's very tiring. 

Lets also point out how the writers are still relying on their ever tired eavesdropping to move a story. So ridiculous. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 3

So if Priest Rapist hadn't hopped into bed with the Unwashed Hippie Dumbass Brady was going to give her another chance? Forget Dr Feel Good, what about your brother? That freak raped him and ruined his life and yet he found it in his heart to give up his chance at justice to save your raggedy father and this is how you repay him? What a nasty piece of shit you are. I hope Eric finds out and beats your ass.

STFU rapist crying about how you've lost Dumbass Brady. Your nasty ass drugged a priest and then recorded yourself raping him and you got away with all of it. Instead of thanking the Dimeria doctor who created the magical decoma juice and getting the hell out of town you decide that you want to stick around. so you can beg Dumbass Brady for another chance. And then you went and messed it all up because you couldn't resist (almost) having gross pig sex with the good doctor. You're a stale fruit loop and you deserve nothing but to die alone at the bottom of a sewer.

Bev is garbage.

Paige is annoying for NO REASON. Shut up.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 7

I can't say I'm surprised that Brady said that he would give Miss Rapey another chance, because after all Brady is just a big dumbass. Makes no sense how his character is sooo stupid. I thought Nick Newman from Y&R was the dumbest character in soap history but Brady just takes the cake. So if Miss Rapey had her nasty dusty sex with Roman, T, BOllie, Victor, JJ, Aiden, or Clyde he can easily overlook it but don't dare touch the Dingy Hippie. RME. 

• Love 3

Why so dumb and horrible, Brady? "I would totes get back together with you Kristin - EVEN THOUGH YOU RAPED MY BROTHER - if you just hadn't slept with  my BFF?" Why, why show, why? And I'm I supposed to be feeling sorry for the rapist because her ex-boyfriend doesn't love her anymore?

I'm pretty sure at this point Rory is my favorite character on this show, and that's pretty sad. 

• Love 7

It was explained that she slipped in the hall outside her office - implying that she was working.  

Wait!  Are you saying Marlena actually works?  Get outta here!

I'm not sure why Brady would care if a Dimera raped his brother.  One raped his sister and it's all water under the bridge.

Edited by CookieBud
  • Love 2

Why does Brady have the emotional IQ of a teenager?  "You slept with my best fwend WAH!"  Maybe I would have taken you back,...BUT YOU SLEPT WITH MY BEST FWEND! - Who gives a rat's ass?  As far as she knew he dumped her ass and so she was "moving on"...if he wasn't the emotional equivalent of a child, he would have figured "his bad" and oh well, let's forget that happened.  So now he will hate on Daniel because he slept with the woman he said he no longer wanted.  Ugh.

Please, can we have some actual adults and adult reactions to things...for a change?

• Love 3

I really don't understand while they write Brady so unevenly.  Or should I say evenly but just so stupid/nonsensical.  Brady was never an idiot.  I hated when they broke up him and Chloe so arbitrarily.  I would actually like to see Brady and Chloe back together since they have gone out of their way to make both characters much "darker" and assassinate their characterizations.

It's like they tried to make Brady interesting by being an addict but instead just made him an idiot.

• Love 3

Ugh, JJ and Paige and all of the people who spend all of their time worrying about them can just go away, please?

Anne was in the zone today.  "Two weeks ago he had the IQ of a salad bar."  Can we get the Anne Milbauer hour, please?

• Love 14

Brady really is an incredibly stupid person.  I'd advocate the old whack on the head-get a new personality trope, but John got hit good and it didn't improve him one little bit.

I can not wait for Kristen to get out of Salem.  She is repulsive.

This Paige and JJ story is boring.  Why does Paige give Bev a single second of her time, much less believe her take on events that are so easy to misinterpret?  Paige knows that Bev lies like a rug, wants JJ, and has tried to manipulate her before.  I don't like the dumbed down/debbie downer track they're taking her.  Either believe people you know are malicious or believe your boyfriend, and then get on with something more interesting. 

Many, many years ago, Days told a fantastic story that played out over many years.  Doug and Julie were having an affair; Julie was married.  Julie's mother convinced Doug to marry her (she was rich and Doug was not a good guy at this point).  Doug and Addie (the mother) fell in love and had Hope. 

I didn't realize Hope and Julie were half-sisters!  Interesting!  I thought they were only cousins or something.  The Horton family tree is the most difficult one to follow.

• Love 3

JJ deserves a better gf than Paige.  She sucks the life out of everything. Maybe I'm naive or missed something while multi-taksing, but those pictures weren't even all that bad.  Is he not allowed to talk to any girl but her?

• Love 4

More Anne Milbauer please. Lots more.

Anne was in the zone today.  "Two weeks ago he had the IQ of a salad bar."  Can we get the Anne Milbauer hour, please?

Put me in the Milbauer Fan Club!  The actor is very good and she knows how to deliver a line AND walk at the same time - not something we can say of all our other performers.  She's a hoot - and in her own way, a truth teller.  And even if she gets everything wrong, I'll love her forever for telling off Mar the way she did.  More, please!

Brady really is an incredibly stupid person.  I'd advocate the old whack on the head-get a new personality trope, but John got hit good and it didn't improve him one little bit.

It's like they tried to make Brady interesting by being an addict but instead just made him an idiot.

I think Brady has the emotional IQ of a turnip, though slightly less intellectual power.

Why does Brady have the emotional IQ of a teenager?  

Oh he IS an idiot, isn't he?  You can actually see the pain trying to think causes him.  His nostrils flare, his brow furrows, his eyes narrow.....if he started stomping his hooves I'd think he was Trigger learning to count.  The idea that this guy has a job of any importance, that he's trusted to make decisions beyond whether he's having Cap'n Crunch or Frosted Flakes for breakfast is too unbelievable.  

John has the son he deserves, but Victor, oh, Victor deserves so much better.  

I can not wait for Kristen to get out of Salem.  She is repulsive.

Me too.  I was done with Kristen before she came back.  It's one thing to be devious, it's another to be batshit crazy like she is.  It's not just what she does, but it's also how she looks and how she talks.  Anybody who saw this one coming down the street would quickly get out of her way.  And now she's going to get even crazier.....wake me when it's over.

This Paige and JJ story is boring.  Why does Paige give Bev a single second of her time, much less believe her take on events that are so easy to misinterpret?  Paige knows that Bev lies like a rug, wants JJ, and has tried to manipulate her before.  I don't like the dumbed down/debbie downer track they're taking her.  Either believe people you know are malicious or believe your boyfriend, and then get on with something more interesting.

It sure is boring.  I really wish TIIC hadn't decided to do this head flip with Paige and turn her from a level-headed smart girl into this "I said NO, I said YES", evesdropping, manipulated and manipulating depressive.  And if they'd turn her back into her original incarnation I'd love it.  JJ is looking like a desperate sad sack still trying to get through to her and she's looking like the sort of nag most guys would run away from ASAP.  And now we have Pop-Up Bev causing trouble and Paige has forgotten the other crap she's pulled?  Frankly, Rory should get the hell away from ALL of them.

I did enjoy the scenes between Kayla and Eve today.  It was really about watching Mary Beth Evans and Kassie dePavia work with each other.  These are two pros who know how to take lackluster material and make it shine.  Even though KdP is a recast, she and MBE made me believe these are two people who have known each other for a long, long time.  If they're going to keep KdP around then they need to have her play with the grownups and stay out of the kiddie pool.  And for God's sake it would be nice if TIIC realized they have solid gold on their hands with MBE and start USING her more and giving her storylines independent of propping up Jenn and her kids.

• Love 11
And for God's sake it would be nice if TIIC realized they have solid gold on their hands with MBE and start USING her more and giving her storylines independent of propping up Jenn and her kids.

Yes, absolutely.  MBE is far too good for her character to be used as a cheerleader for hypocritical bores like Jennifer and Abigail.  I wish they'd bump Missy Reeves to recurring and put MBE on contract.  Kate Mansi can just go away.  Isn't Kayla's daughter in Abigail's age range?  She could come back, along with a friend or two.  JJ could live on his own on campus or with Dr. Tan, since he treats him like a surrogate dad anyway. 

• Love 7

I've never really thought of Eric Martsolf as a good actor, but the fact that he's able to play such a stupid character and still sell the character as viable (I don't keep hoping that someone will shoot him down with a taser like I do with Abigail; I simply wish he'd become a little smarter) has made me reconsider his acting abilities. Maybe he's better than I originally thought.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I'm left wondering why I should keep watching now that Sami is gone. Not that I ever thought she "made" the show, but there's nothing left that's grabbing my interest. Nicole and Theresa are probably the only two characters on the canvas who could make me miss Sami a little less but I don't have high hopes for either of them. Nicole is probably about to be passed back to Dan until she starts acting pathetic again and schemes to break up Eric and (presumably Eve), while Theresa is now carrying Dumbass Brady's spawn and will be stuck in his orbit indefinitely. Things will be even worse if Abifail and Racoon Jen aren't backburnered. Things are looking great.

• Love 3