Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

If Serena and Ted were working together, then the writers are making even less sense than usual. Eric was already going to show her his "art collection." Serena didn't need to do anything to get her hands on it.

You're probably right.   I just can't make any sense of Show even bothering to bring this guy in for what they showed us today.

But I think I'm trying too hard to make sense of it.  After all, Show has been pushing Abigail as  a leading lady and a charming one at that, so I should know better by now that lots of things just don't make sense.

• Love 4

You're probably right.   I just can't make any sense of Show even bothering to bring this guy in for what they showed us today.

But I think I'm trying too hard to make sense of it.  After all, Show has been pushing Abigail as  a leading lady and a charming one at that, so I should know better by now that lots of things just don't make sense.

I think they brought Ted in because Serena had to do something to get Nicole off her tail once and for all. Yes, Eric was going to show her the art collection anyway, but Nicole would always be there trying to prove that Serena is the bad guy. Now, Nicole is probably going to think twice about Serena being shady, and if something else happens, Nicole will come off as the Girl Who Cried Wolf.

• Love 4

This Ted thing really doesn't make much sense.

First, his accusations weren't particularly newsworthy. I see no reason why a local tv news reporter would be interested in charges of plagerism against a medical reporter.

Second, Serena admitted that she and Ted WERE working together on the story before he went off his meds, tried to get in her pants, and she had him fired. So he SHOULD have gotten credit when the final story came out.

Third, Nicole is smart enough to have investigated Ted BEFORE hacking into Serena's computer.

And, finally, Nicole didn't have enough time (or a large enough thumb drive) to copy "all" the files from Serena's laptop. And I don't think there WOULD have been evidence of this. When I copy a file, the properties don't change. It's only if I OPEN the file that the date changes!

• Love 4

And, finally, Nicole didn't have enough time (or a large enough thumb drive) to copy "all" the files from Serena's laptop. And I don't think there WOULD have been evidence of this. When I copy a file, the properties don't change. It's only if I OPEN the file that the date changes!

Yeah, I was confused about that. I didn't think the computer could indicate when a copy has been made. Nicole clearly didn't open the files if she didn't know Serena had a diary entry about Ted. 

• Love 1

Based on the spoilers, Sonny will be attacked and shot in retaliation for Victor's attack on Clyde. Perhaps Sonny finds out about the affair confronts Will about it and then is attacked. This will compound Will's feelings of guilt. I can see Sparkle trying to stake a claim for Sonny and using this to get closer to Sonny and icing out Will and Arianna. Sneasel is not a fighter and will be on the sidelines watching his husband with another man. Hopefully, Sonny will not be in a coma and wake up with amnesia about Will's transgressions. I just hope we get a nice love scene between the married couple before Sonny finds out. This is going to be hard to watch Sonny's devastation because he puts Will up on a pedestal.. Will should have told him the truth about his one night stand and taken his lumps like a man. Perhaps Sonny would have been  understanding after his initial anger and hurt feelings. Not to defend Will, it only happened once with sparkle and Sonny is his only  sexual experience with another man. Those are mitigating circumstances. However, the lies and cover-ups are inexcusable.  I noticed when Sonny walked in on Kate and Will's conversation, kate tried to distract him with small talk. Sonny was not easily fooled and he took control of the situation and questioned his husband directly.  Sonny has a controlling nature and  if Kate was not there, I believe that Will would have confessed his indiscretion.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Sneasel is not a fighter and will be on the sidelines watching his husband with another man.

It all depends on whether Sneasel even wants to fight for Sonny, especially if he assumes he is the rebound.

Of course Sneasel has to learn a lesson by losing Sonny, but I'm not interested to watch Will become a doormat like Hope, getting addicted to pills (or maybe in his case, booze) and just marking time waiting for Sonny to possibly come back.

I know Sami lost Rafe permanently, but I like that she didn't just give up. I suppose it helped that she had other romantic possibilities in Lucas and EJ. I think Rafe was probably the one that regretted losing her at the end of the day.

It's shaping up that Sneasel will be a sitting duck like Hope, but I do remember her having a flirtation with Justin at the time.

Anyway, chances are not high that Sneasel will become pro-active (based on past precedent), but I would rather back him if Sonny reunites with Sparkle.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 3

Interesting spoiler speculation -- I did a doubletake yesterday when Victor told Brady to be careful. I was sure that was Clyde-related, but then Victor warns him about Theresa? 

I'll have you know that my local station pre-empted AGAIN for 1/2 hour just to watch the Aaron Hernandez murder trial (former Patriot, etc.). They're going to receive a stern letter from me : )

• Love 4

I know Sami lost Rafe permanently, but I like that she didn't just give up. I suppose it helped that she had other romantic possibilities in Lucas and EJ. I think Rafe was probably the one that regretted losing her at the end of the day.

I think Rafe did regret losing Sami.  I thought it was interesting that when they were originally getting back together, Sami was telling Rafe every little thing because she believe the only way they would work is if she was completely honest with Rafe, and then it turn out Rafe was lying to Sami about being the father of Nicole's baby.

It's to bad Show doesn't care about continuity and history because having Rafe remember how he felt when he found out Sami cheated on him after he cheated on Jordan might have given some kind of substance to yet another cheating SL the writers did for whatever reason.

I still wish Sami's final scenes with EJ had been in the jail when she laughed in his face and told him they didn't have a relationship worth saving.  Then when Sami and Kate had control of DE, they arranged for Sami to be owner of CW, and Sami resigned and let Kate have sole control of DE.  By the time EJ got out of jail, Sami had moved to Chicago to head up CW, taken the children with her, and divorce papers were waiting on EJ.  Sami leaving Salem with her children believing she could find happiness without a man, and that she deserved better than EJ would have been a great exit SL for the character.

That's another beat the writers completely miss with their cheating SLs.  Some people feel they have a relationship worth saving in spite of the cheating.  I don't think Sami/EJ, or Sonny/Will fall into that category.

I know Nicole was wrong for destroying the evidence that would have helped Eric, however, Eric, Dan and so many others on this show are such hypocritical nags I end up not caring what bad things Nicole, Sami, Theresa, etc. do I just want them to muzzle the nags.

• Love 9

I think Rafe did regret losing Sami. I thought it was interesting that when they were originally getting back together, Sami was telling Rafe every little thing because she believe the only way they would work is if she was completely honest with Rafe, and then it turn out Rafe was lying to Sami about being the father of Nicole's baby.

It's to bad Show doesn't care about continuity and history because having Rafe remember how he felt when he found out Sami cheated on him after he cheated on Jordan might have given some kind of substance to yet another cheating SL the writers did for whatever reason.

I still wish Sami's final scenes with EJ had been in the jail when she laughed in his face and told him they didn't have a relationship worth saving. Then when Sami and Kate had control of DE, they arranged for Sami to be owner of CW, and Sami resigned and let Kate have sole control of DE. By the time EJ got out of jail, Sami had moved to Chicago to head up CW, taken the children with her, and divorce papers were waiting on EJ. Sami leaving Salem with her children believing she could find happiness without a man, and that she deserved better than EJ would have been a great exit SL for the character.

That's another beat the writers completely miss with their cheating SLs. Some people feel they have a relationship worth saving in spite of the cheating. I don't think Sami/EJ, or Sonny/Will fall into that category.

I know Nicole was wrong for destroying the evidence that would have helped Eric, however, Eric, Dan and so many others on this show are such hypocritical nags I end up not caring what bad things Nicole, Sami, Theresa, etc. do I just want them to muzzle the nags.

Totally agree about the random acts of cheating. Rafe should have thought of being in Sami's shoes when he cheated on Jordan. I still think Sami cheating on Rafe was a missed opportunity for Sami to truly mend fences with Marlena. Perhaps Lucas will bring up Chloe when he tries to explain to Will how Sonny feels. It definitely looks like Adrienne will be bringing up Justin!

I think EJ/Sami and Will/Sonny are different. Sami should have given up on EJ because it was the final straw in a series of bad things he did to her. Will and Sonny don't really have that history, except a couple of lies.

I do think Will and Sonny's relationship is at risk because they've only been married for 9 months. However, Justin and Adrienne's marriage was tested very early on and they still managed to make it work at the time.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 4

Dan and Nicole are on their way to becoming just as annoying as Dannifer. How many times are they going to break up and then make up? I don't care who is right and who is wrong in this situation I just want them to be done forever.

Is Suddenly Southern really stupid enough to think JJ would leave town just because her raggedy ass said so?

The Eve/Jen scenes were horrible because they're both annoying as hell and need to STFU.

• Love 6

Has this show gone one damn day without a flashback??

Judgy what happened to staying out of it? If the conversation is possibly uncomfortable for Lima Bean then why invite her to sit with you in the first place? She makes conversation with Eve and then tells her to back off. Make up your mind Judgy, don't start something if you can't finish it. Hortons can't stand it when they're called out because that's when they don't want to no longer talk or physically assault someone.

Lima Bean is like a ferret lol, what's with all these animal references lately? They keep referencing the wrong animal when they talk about people because Lima Bean sure as hell isn't smart anymore, she's more like a Dodo Bird.

I'm so tired of Dingy thinking he knows every damn thing on the planet, "Nicole is jealous of Shrewena, she's still in love with Eric, she would get fired for not verifying her sources" STFU Dingy. One of the reasons why his character is just so unbearable. Nicole stop begging and crying over Dingy, go get some Damon, you'll be able to see everything clearly after one night with him and realize Dingy is just a big slab of shit with hair.

ErYuck is really starting to piss me off, does he actually think he's better than Nicole? The way he talks to her is just flat out disgusting. He never got this nasty with Kristen, the woman who raped him. ErYuck can suck eggs.

Why do women in Salem find Dingy cute or worthy to be with? I don't see it, he treats women like garbage, has high expectations of them, always interrupts them when in an argument with them, just an overall douche.

Checking make-up and crying in Eric's room and the Boring Blob soaks that lie up like a sponge. He's such a dumbass.

Eve what the fuck?? JJ leave Salem and that will solve all their problems. GTFO. Same woman who says she hates Salem and been trying to get out since she arrived, so why don't she leave.

Is it just me or is Brady trying to get a reaction out of Theresa on purpose? He wants to see if she still cares about him and he keeps purposely going to the hospital and today with them plastic ass flowers again. Maybe he's the one that's not over her.

• Love 6

I think Nicole still has feelings for Eric, but I agree that the back and forth between Dan and Nic is getting tiresome.

I see Serena is back-tracking with Eric since she got what she wanted. Eric should just have Nicole arrested, because I'm tired of seeing him get in her face all the time.

Brady was beyond annoying talking to Maggie about how much better Melame is than all his previous lovers. It's like RoboMar gets Father Boring and Naggie gets Dumb Brady.

Suddenly Southen is so annoying calling JJ scum when she went back for more. They are actually both as bad as each other when it comes to that. Does Eve really think JJ can leave and nobody will ask questions? Why doesn't she leave and take Lima Bean with her? I'm sure if the Salemites could vote, they would keep JJ.

Of all the couples on the show where one party has cheated, Lima Bean has the smallest number of reasons to consider forgiving JJ. And yet, she is first in the queue to take her man back.

Even without knowing he banged her MOTHER: JJ and Paige have no kids, they're not married, they don't live together, they haven't been in a relationship for more than a few months and the sex wasn't a one-off. I want to know what Paige is thinking here. Jordan won't forgive Rafe for sleeping with Kate once, and that was months ago, not as recent as Jevesex. It's so aggravating.

• Love 5

Is it just me or is Brady trying to get a reaction out of Theresa on purpose? He wants to see if she still cares about him and he keeps purposely going to the hospital and today with them plastic ass flowers again. Maybe he's the one that's not over her.

Oh no, I completely agree, there is a part of Brady that still wants Theresa and still wants Theresa to be in love with him and that's why he keeps interfering in her new relationship--if you can call it that.  He's worried about her but instead of just talking to her, he has to play games--not that Theresa us much better  And I think he's still wanting Theresa is the reason he kept throwing up all of those roadblocks with Melanie.  Too bad it didn't work :)

• Love 6

Eve's wardrobe is kind of hideous. 

Since she has impulse control problems, maybe Eve should just avoid JJ altogether. She needs to stop running over to his house. That's dumb since they can't control themselves.

• Love 2

I think EJ/Sami and Will/Sonny are different. Sami should have given up on EJ because it was the final straw in a series of bad things he did to her. Will and Sonny don't really have that history, except a couple of lies.

I agree about Sami and EJ.  I thought Sami should have ditched EJ the minute she found out EJ lied to her about Kristen/Eric.  If Brady or Eric had drugged and raped Lexie, and Sami had lied about it to EJ, and helped cover up the crime, EJ would have been on the war path.  EJ showed in every single way that Sami would never be able to trust him, he would always lie to her, and betray her.  I’m glad EJ is dead so Sami is finally free of him.

The reason I don’t think Sonny and Will have a relationship worth saving is because Sonny seems to really want to be married and have a family while Will thinks he missed out on all sorts of fun and adventure, is to young to be married and have a family even though Ari is his biological daughter (it seems no one on this show knows how to use a condom or any other form of birth control), getting married was a mistake, and is very passive in his own life.  Will is constantly letting other people make decisions for him.  The most recent example being his conversation with Kate.  If the marriage survives, then Will is going to have to put some effort into it, and Sonny has got to stop as Victor so eloquently put it, “Did you marry this man, or adopt him?”

• Love 5

271queenie said:

Jordan won't forgive Rafe for sleeping with Kate once, and that was months ago

Actually I think it was more than once...Kate & Rafe's original time together & then recently when Rafe was messed up about Gabby IIRC.

Not that I really care....

I wonder if they are setting up a scenario re: Sonny in case the actor actually is sentenced to serve time next month.  He plead guilty to felony vehicular assault and misdemeanor driving under the influence in an accident which seriously injured his girlfriend.  He has a date for sentencing in mid-February so maybe they are just setting the stage in case of the worse result.  He could get up to 2 years -

He plead guilty in Dec but the accident happened in October so they have had time to work out potential scenarios for the actor - IF that is what is happening.  Who knows.

I wonder if they are setting up a scenario re: Sonny in case the actor actually is sentenced to serve time next month.  He plead guilty to felony vehicular assault and misdemeanor driving under the influence in an accident which seriously injured his girlfriend.  He has a date for sentencing in mid-February so maybe they are just setting the stage in case of the worse result.  He could get up to 2 years -

He plead guilty in Dec but the accident happened in October so they have had time to work out potential scenarios for the actor - IF that is what is happening.  Who knows.

Freddie is tweeting about attending fan events in May, so I don't think he expects to get any jail time.

Jordan not forgiving Rafe, and moving on made me appreciate the character more.  Before that I thought she was boring and annoying.  I did like that when Jordan got in the middle of Sami's conversation with the boring twit, Sami leveled her just like she did Adrienne.

When it comes to the cheating couples, I don't know why any of them would try to work things out.

Sami/EJ - eight years of misery, and EJ trying to destroy Sami's life was more than enough.  Sami should have shot him in the head again.  Besides EJ is a sleazy slut and serial cheater who is stupid and doesn't use a condom.  At some point, EJ would have caught a disease and brought it home with him.

Jordan/Rafe - had only been dating a few months.  It wasn't like they had years of happy memories or a long term relationship that they had put a lot of investment into.

Sonny/Will - Sonny seems more invested in the marriage, and has put more effort into it.  Will needs to stop being so passive, and CHOOSE what he wants.  Either he is in the marriage or he wants out, and Will has a lot of work to do to fix the damage he has done.

JJ/Paige - Why even bother?

Nicole and Theresa need to literally kick Eric, Dan, and Brady to the curb.  I know Nicole/Eric aren't actually together and neither are Theresa/Brady, but Eric and Brady don't seem to realize they are no longer dating these women.  I thought there was a Salem rule that the men only get to abuse the women they are in a relationship with.  Except for Sami/EJ.  EJ is allowed to abuse Sami and ruin her life on a regular basis because Sami had the nerve to prefer Rafe and Lucas to him.

• Love 4

Sonny/Will - Sonny seems more invested in the marriage, and has put more effort into it.  Will needs to stop being so passive, and CHOOSE what he wants.  Either he is in the marriage or he wants out, and Will has a lot of work to do to fix the damage he has done.

Yeah, that's why I said in one of my previous posts that it all depends on whether Will even wants to fight for Sonny.

Right now, he's making all the right noises about having built a life with Sonny, but he seemed really freaked out by what happened with Paul judging from how he acted when talking to Kate. Maybe Sonny's accident is going to give him clarity about his doubts.

I don't really want Paul to 'win', but it might be better for the character of Will to be away from Sonny.

This current stuff with Sonny was shot in September 2014, so it actually has nothing to do with the actor's legal issues.

• Love 1

Does Sonny find out about Will and Sparkle after he is stabbed? I guess they will be dragging the reveal for a while...I guess Will and Sonny will be getting closer as he recuperates from his injuries  with Sparkle hovering over them...Once he learns of Sonny's attack, he will be stalking them, while threatening to expose Will's lies to Sonny. 

I'm so tired of having to watch Nicole and Theresa beg and take the verbal abuse of the sanctimonious gas bag trio.

The Jennifer and Eve argument was terrible.  That happened today, right?  Or was it yesterday?  Whatever.

That's all I got.

• Love 3

Nicole and Theresa need to literally kick Eric, Dan, and Brady to the curb.  I know Nicole/Eric aren't actually together and neither are Theresa/Brady, but Eric and Brady don't seem to realize they are no longer dating these women.  I thought there was a Salem rule that the men only get to abuse the women they are in a relationship with.  Except for Sami/EJ.  EJ is allowed to abuse Sami and ruin her life on a regular basis because Sami had the nerve to prefer Rafe and Lucas to him.

Jesus, the men on this show are awful people.  Brady, Eric, Daniel, they're all horrible.

Seriously.  Today seemed like the finalist episode to decide who the Supreme Douche Lord of Salem was going to be.  Would Fadda Stick-up-his-Ass ascend the throne, or would Dark Roast Dan with his "NiiiiiiiiiiiCooooooooole. I .....KNOWWE...." air of anguished ENUNCIATION take it, or would we see Blockhead Brady, the Dimwit of Salem steal the throne?  

After the way the Detestable Dan browbeat Nicole, talked down to her, talked over her, all the while spitting on her when he enunciated, I was really hoping she'd get fed up and just knee the jerk in the groin.  When he left her in tears, I prefer to believe she was crying because his stench overwhelmed her.  But it gets worse.  Walking through the Square, she's assailed by the self-righteously artificial Eric, ready to give her hell one more time.  Because, I guess, it's not enough to berate only once a day.  

It will give me great pleasure to see that mug of his when he finds out that Serena isn't in town to touch his relics, but instead wants to steal his elephant.  LIterally.  I hope Serena has been taking notes, because she's going to be in for a heavy dose of the Sad, Mad, HOW COULD YOU LET ME, A HOLY MAN, DOWN Eric face - which looks a lot like Alfred E Newman from MAD magazine IMO.  I'm hoping that after that happens, she can join forces with Nicole and they can gaslight the moron.  

I don't care how pretty Eric is, or how long a dry spell either woman has been through,  a guy that stiff and pompous can NOT be any good in bed.  And poor Nicole - Dan is stiff, too, and that's just from the crud that won't wash off.  

Brady and those damn flowers.  Interesting that he told Theresa she'd be seeing him a lot more at the hospital because of Melanie.  The guy just doesn't even bother to pretend he's working.  Now he's going to follow Mel around, as if hospitals just LOVE having non-workers bothering their employees.  But I forgot!!  He's a board member and they have special privileges, don't they?

Tobacco Head, eh?  Mel might want to think twice about threatening him with the cops.  While smoking isn't allowed at the hospital, I doubt even the Salem PD would appreciate being called in on something a security guard could handle.  But, then again, it might be exactly the sort of thing for Ace Detective John Black to handle.  (That reminds me of the days when there were no restrictions on smoking in hospitals.  We had doctors smoking in the ICU and in the hallways in the Surgical Suites until the early 1990's.  I remember dumping ashtrays from the nursing stations without giving it a second thought.  Doesn't seem real anymore.)

I really wish they'd move JJ out of this story line.  All he's got to do is shake his head and look depressed.  And as you've all said, JJ and Paige are not exactly some sort of supercouple destined to be together.  So far, their entire story line has consisted of them having trouble being together.  Not compelling.  When Eve said to JJ that Paige is like a ferret" - I'm afraid I took it in a way I don' think the writers intended.  The show already has Sneasel, we don't need any more rodents.

JJ and Eve being exposed can't come too soon.  Anything to move this story line onwards and to a swift conclusion.  Plus, I want it to happen while Jenn is still parading around town in her Virgin Mary white coat.  Her exploding head will look so nice against that white background.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

I understand why Eric hates Nicole but we know they're going to get back together eventually so all of the venom he spews is counterproductive. They need to be kept completely out of each others orbits until the writers decide they want to repair the relationship and start putting them back together. If Eric and Serena acted like Nicole didn't even exist maybe she'd give up trying to find dirt and leave them alone.

• Love 5

I don't really want Paul to 'win', but it might be better for the character of Will to be away from Sonny.

I would like it if Sonny left Will, and didn’t run to Paul.  I want Sonny to leave Will because he doesn’t trust Will anymore, wants better in a relationship, and isn’t simply jumping to someone waiting in the wings because he is hurt.  I would really love it if Sonny spelled that out for Will.  “This isn’t about someone else.  This is about us, your throwing away what we had for reasons you can’t even figure out, and my wanting something more and honest in a relationship.”

Seriously.  Today seemed like the finalist episode to decide who the Supreme Douche Lord of Salem was going to be.  Would Fadda Stick-up-his-Ass ascend the throne, or would Dark Roast Dan with his "NiiiiiiiiiiiCooooooooole. I .....KNOWWE...." air of anguished ENUNCIATION take it, or would we see Blockhead Brady, the Dimwit of Salem steal the throne? 

LMAO!!!

Every time Brady starts ranting at Theresa I keep thinking, "Damn it, Theresa, find your inner Sami Brady or Ciara Brady and fight back."

I love the scene where after Rafe finds out about Sami cheating on him, Sami is standing by herself in the HTS, EJ walks by, just has to turn around to go give Sami grief, tells her she is a bitch, reminds her about shooting him, and Sami responds by telling EJ she is not sorry she shot him, she is sorry he didn't die.  Good times!!!

• Love 7

I have a feeling that Sonny finds out about the cheating shortly before he is attacked. I think Sonny will run to Paul to punish Will for his infidelity. Paul is going to wear Sonny down with his declarations of love. He is going to be weak physically and emotionally.  Sparkle is such a desperate stalker he will use Will's betrayal to his advantage. Sparkle did not knowingly sleep with his husband. Will is the villain in this, he broke his vows to Sonny.  Will is not a fighter at all and he is too weak to face a man like Sparkle. Had it been the reverse and somebody was trying to move in on Will, Sonny would know how to fight for his husband. He is much stronger than Will and I think  Sneasel is both intimidated and envious of that....

Another scenario is that Sonny wakes up and chooses to keep the knowledge of the affair to himself while plotting his revenge against Will and Sparkle. This would be  the perfect opportunity to bring his older brothers in town.  I think this betrayal may make Sonny go into the dark side. If the show does do that, I would hate it if the show made Wilson as dark and toxic as EJ and Sami. In some way, it would be Will's worst nightmare, because Arianna would be in the middle of a war between her daddies, just like he was between Lucas and Sami...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

because Arianna would be in the middle of a war between her daddies, just like he was between Lucas and Sami...

This is probably the main reason why I'll never understand why Will cheated.

Yeah, I know cheating can just happen to some people without much reason, but Will whined so much about being caught between two parents during the whole Nick debacle, I don't get why he'd risk doing the same thing to Arianna.  If he was going to cheat  and risk the same scenario anyway,  he might as well have put up a proper fight for Arianna against Gabi instead of relying on Sami and Kate to get things done against Nick. Will is such a moron, I'd laugh if Gabi asked Sonny to take care of Arianna if Sonny were to fight for the right to have a part in Arianna's life.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

Days probably won't be on long enough, but it would be great if Sonny divorced Will, and ten years from now, after Will has had one disastrous relationship after another, Will tells Sonny he didn't appreciate what he had, he thought he had missed out on certain things by getting married so young, but now he realizes what he threw away.

They did something like that with Lucas and Sami in 2007 with both of them admitting they should have realized early on that the person who they really loved, who really loved them, and who understood them was right there all along.  Then the idiot writers threw all that away.  Along with all the progress Sami had made with Marlena and the rest of her family.

• Love 7

Between last night and this morning, I just powered through 4 of this week's episode. So painful and tedious that I expected a paycheck and a plaque when I finished the last of the 4 and deleted it off of my DVR. And what a treat that final episode was. Nicole once AGAIN begging the King of the Douchebags not to break up with her. They have only been, I can't even saying 'dating' because they haven't been on a date, so they have been fu@@ing for what amounts to 2-3 Salem weeks. Maybe? You know what hurts me the most? That Nicole has been banging on that human covered in cheeto dust and she hadn't even gotten a decent dinner or jewelry out of that fool. The quintessential scenario of casting your pearls before swine. I liked Nicole better when she was a golddigger. At least then she seemed to know her worth. 

Dan was determined to get his pound of flesh. After Nicole 'bye Felicia'd' his ass at his apartment, he tracks her down at the club?!? He was just reveling in getting to play Jen Horton minus the struggle bun and popping neck veins. If there is no excuse that she could offer why waste your time tracking and chasing her down? Basically so he could throw it back in her face, hear her beg him to stay with her and then proceed to dump her. I want to know who on the writing staff is living vicariously thru Dan. 

Once again, I am just disgusted and tired of Nicole being Salem's urinal cake. When Eric showed up in the courtyard and lift his leg on Nicole, I just about threw my hands up in the air. It was the one time I truly wished that they were allowed to curse on soaps and Nicole would have told that muddafucka to fuck off and enjoy crazyeyes if he is ever able to get it up. Seems like the only pairing Nicole is allowed to enjoy on a constant basis is humiliation and degradation. Hell, they are probably a supercouple. Should we call them Humilcole? Degracole? 

I can't even begin to know what the hell was going on with bluebird (lol!) and that weirdo. It would make more sense if they were working together to gaslight and neutralize Nicole but it doesn't seem like the story is going that way. 

I could give a damn about that Elephant. Seems like she low budget Maltese Falcon type BS the show is trying to convey. me no care!

Ever since someone mentioned how teeny tiny Paige's nose is, it is now all I can see. How can she breathe out of that thing? So tired of the Donovan women darkening JJ's doorstep. First, Eve with her terrible costume jewelry and dated feathered do and then tiny nose. Why does Eve even keep showing up there. What if Jen showed up again. So dumb. Plus she was there with just the dumbest most asinine request. JJ has his home and family roots in Salem. Eve just arrived after a long absence and got the payday she came back for but yet still lives in that cramped, low budget damn apartment with a daughter who presumably could go to Stanford soon. She and Paige should go. Dummies!

Jordan has really, really grown on me the last month. I actually like her and Chad. The thing is that I only think she is getting more firm direction and better writing because she is being written out. She has such a IDGAF attitude about her right now that I can't help but like her.

Thuggy thug Damon continues to be delicious. 

Wasn't Clyde shot last damn Friday? Why the hell has there been not a meter of movement in that story beside Victor and Damon talking about it? I guess it is probably just a few hours in Salem time, but damn! You just know that they will be using the excuse that the cold weather helped coagulate his blood which is why he didn't bleed out. Yawn!!!

Kinda freaks me out to see it snowing on people when Sonny or Will open their apartment door. I guess they live in garden apartments? Interesting touch. Also nice to see weather in Salem. Such a rare occurrence. 

When will Melanie realize that this isn't Friends the sitcom and she isn't Rachel even though she dresses like Rachel did back in the early 90's? Seriously, a green shirt dress is going for the gold on a 1st date? Gold? Girl, that ain't even lead! WTF is with all the stammering and umms?!? I just CANNOT take her anymore. I am not opposed to quirky or offbeat characters but she is far too self aware and just conveys that she thinks this shit is cute for me to find it in any way endearing or well acted. Just stop!! Also I want to scream. Seems like Mel will be the one to crack fetusgate. Of course a Jonas is gonna get to the bottom of Kristen thing.

• Love 7

I have a little bone to pick with Show,  Or maybe not so little.  Seven times, today alone, the word "bitch" was used.  Victor, Nicole, Serena, Melanie, Theresa, I forget who else - probably one or more of them used the word twice.  Bitch.  I will gladly mail Show and it's Baboon Box of Writers a thesaurus, or they could just go online and see that there are a plethora of words they could use instead - Synonyms for bitch, a noun  for malicious woman, words like floozy, harlot, hussy, slut, tart, tramp, vamp, wench, witch, hellion, shrew, termagant, vixen.  Or, better yet, perhaps Show could actually develop a character with a bit more style and substance.  What am I saying?  Baboons and writers, continue your crap throwing and screeching.

What a bunch of lazy-ass writers.

I get what you mean but I think I object most to is that the nasty word be it bitch or slut is always, always, always directed at women. How about some equal time for the guys? I will admit that the word bitch is one of my favorites and frankly, it is just as appropriate and effective when hurled at a dude. Shit, dropping that word with a hard 'B' on a guy is a thing of beauty. One of my dear friends who happens to be from Brooklyn (I don't know if that makes a difference) but she could hurl the word bitch at a dude with such a hard ass 'B' that I swear it must imprint on his genes. His descendants 2 branches down will have the mark of the bitch if you catch her ass on the wrong day.

But I disgress, I think the guys on this show, especially Dan and Brady are worth (in some instances more worthy than a lot of women these words are tossed at) of being called a bitch, slut, etc. If Will doesn't get called a ho or slut for sleeping with Paul by Victor I will forever be calling Corday a bitch with a hard B. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 6

Sami didn't lose Rafe permanently. He divorced her for cheating on him, but they did reunite eventually. Their final split came when it was revealed that Will was the father of Gabi's baby. That caused them to argue, Sami felt like Rafe was attacking her son, so she dumped him and got back with EJ.

Since she has impulse control problems, maybe Eve should just avoid JJ altogether. She needs to stop running over to his house. That's dumb since they can't control themselves.

I think we're supposed to believe that Eve continually seeking JJ out instead of avoiding him is one of the ways she can't control herself here - she can't stay away, she has to see him constantly because of their overwhelming sexual attraction and her conscious manufactures these excuses so she can act on her subconscious wishes. But that really does not come across on my screen. The show's mistake here, if they just had to go the route of Eve and JJ having sex, is in trying to copy the Julie/Doug/Addie triangle instead of copying the Billie/Nick/Chelsea story, which wasn't at all a triangle - Billie and Nick only slept together the once and, while they enjoyed it, neither was interested in a repeat.

Another reason the choice not to go the Billie/Nick/Chelsea route puzzles me is because Eve/JJ is too much a parallel of Will/Paul, since those guys also want to have sex again. And that parallel makes the Eve/JJ storyline look worse in comparison because, even though GW is a terrible actor, at least he and CS don't have WTF looks on their faces at the moments they're supposed to be conveying their attraction.

A lot of show time went by in between Eve and JJ's first and second times. I feel like the show should've known as soon as they shot the first time that their plan of making this an ongoing affair wasn't going to work. KdP and CM didn't really pull it off even with the excuse of alcohol, so once alcohol wasn't a factor it was going to be even more incomprehensible. There was time enough to scrap that idea and just turn it into a story of keeping the one-night stand a secret from Paige, without this added element of their alleged irresistibility to each other.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 2

Sami didn't lose Rafe permanently. He divorced her for cheating on him, but they did reunite eventually. Their final split came when it was revealed that Will was the father of Gabi's baby. That caused them to argue, Sami felt like Rafe was attacking her son, so she dumped him and got back with EJ.

That's the technical reason.  But the deeper reason I've always seen is this.  Sami got back with E.J. because he was now kissing her ass again, and Rafe wasn't anymore.  Before that, it'd been the other way around, so it was easier for her to be with Rafe, not E.J.

• Love 5

I don't know why everyone here is pitying Nicole.  She's been obsessively trying to take down a woman who's done nothing to her (their past confrontations notwithstanding) since the moment she hit town for no other reason than she's been in Eric's orbit.  Yes, we know Serena's up to something, but Nicole doesn't.  She just wants her to be.  And hell, if she'd come to town in the orbit of anyone who wasn't Eric, she wouldn't even be paying her much mind at all.  I'm not saying Serena's innocent, as she is doing something.  But Nicole's not after her for that.  Daniel, as much as I can't stand him, is right that she's after her because she's around Eric.  Plain.  And.  Simple.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 7

I just instinctively dislike Serena while I root for Nicole no matter what, so I'm not really bothered if Nicole goes after her. I'd actually prefer if she left her alone though.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 1

It seems that Nicole  has accepted that Eric can't stand her. I feel this time Nicole was after Serena because she felt personally insulted and affronted by Serena. Nicole only decided on the weird USB plan after Serena accused of dropping the drink on her, which is the lamest thing I've ever seen screamed about on this show. Before that, she wanted to leave it alone. Maybe Serena's voice and beam-out demon possession eyes have colored my impression of what went on after with the USB plan, but she screams about much less than I've seen from other characters on this show. 

I don't necessarily pity Nicole because of the Serena stuff though. I think her having to deal with Daniel's huffy and puffy lecturing is what is drawing the sympathy out from me. I can see why Serena and Eric would be upset with Nicole, but Daniel's reaction seems a bit over-the-top to me. Considering he almost slept with Kristen, Eric's rapist, I probably think Nicole's momentary lapse could be forgiven.  Nicole suffered from bad luck in not getting the chance to see the USB before she went after Serena, not from poor judgement in going after Serena no matter what. In the past, Nicole probably would have put fake files on the computer. That didn't seem to be anywhere near her mind this time.  She genuinely thought the crazy dude was telling the truth, and that there was a story there, and if she could get back at Serena for insulting her, that would be a bonus. Nicole walked away when Daniel said no reason would be good enough for him. She accepted defeat on the issue. Then he follows her to the bar to the same thing, and then asks her to explain herself. That's stupid.  Which is it, Daniel? Granted, I can be quite shallow, so perhaps if Daniel wasn't so unattractive while lecturing I might be more inclined to listen to his position, but when he gets the weird Incredible Hulk roid-rage facial expressions while he goes off on Nicole, I keep hoping somebody will throw a pie in his face so that he'll be forced to take a shower.   Maybe he's hoping she'll put up as much of a fight for him as she has for the other men she's loved in the past, but perhaps his bacterially infected spray tan made her realize he wasn't worth wasting her lungs.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

That's the technical reason.  But the deeper reason I've always seen is this.  Sami got back with E.J. because he was now kissing her ass again, and Rafe wasn't anymore.  Before that, it'd been the other way around, so it was easier for her to be with Rafe, not E.J.

LOL. Exactly. Everytime he was in Sami's orbit he would turn into a wimp. I cringe everytime I remember him falling on his knees kissing Stefano's ring.

• Love 4