Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Anne and Kate looked so beautiful today! Loved their hair and outfits. Kate's earring were cute. But that huge paperweight necklace was stupid.

Love Bev's skull scarf!!

Eve was right and JJ was wrong in the fight. She never forced him to do shit. He chose to willingly screw her. What is with Hortons and blaming the other party for the own sexual dalliances?

I hate Jen with a passion but Eve had no right to barge in her house and scream at her that her son is a scumbag. Jenn's hairs looking fried.

Ugh Mr Rapey getting Rapey with TamiSue. I almost puked on my treadmill. She's a moron for going into his room and being alone with him when he knows he's a piece of shit sexual predator. Ugh can this whole Deliverance trash family (Rapey, Grimace, and Metro Cartoon Character) go away? I hate them all and their scenes legitimately sicken me.

• Love 6

BIG question of the day!  What movie was just too dull for Jenn to enjoy?  Did it have words?  Was it not from Pixar - or at the very least be Dumb and Dumber To?  Or did she see it wasn't G-rated and then faint dead away with the horror of perhaps seeing naughty bits or hearing bad words?  I sure hope that stupid Kayla didn't forget who she was talking to and recommend something like The Theory of Everything to her.  

And now I'm wondering about that book of Jenn's they're reading in the book club......I'd put money down her pick for the club was the illustrated edition of Everyone Poops.  Jenn has read that one over and over and over again.  Slowly, of course.  And she's almost excited about the movie version as is our dear little Abigail.  

Questions, questions, questions!!  Show always leaves me with questions - and some are about the state of my mental health after watching, but still.......

I love Kate but when this all ends Kate needs to punish herself.  A lot.  Considering Billie and Austin's history, Kate's inability to read the reality between Clyde and Jordan is mystifying.  And her adolescent vendetta against Jordan is almost as bad as her sudden hankering for Hayseed.  It's amazing to me that Show can be so inconsistent in many things, yet can manage to consistently mess up storylines with their most talented performers.  And Lauren Koslow is one of them.

I know Eve is in the wrong here, but nonetheless, when Jenn gets that inevitable smirk on her face I just wish Eve would haul off and smack it off of her.  Polly Pureheart prancing around the old homestead, dressed like it's still 1959 and she's on the way to the malt shop to meet her boyfriend just PUTS MY TEETH ON EDGE.  Eve is wrong in so many ways but she was right when she told Jenn that she did NOT know JJ.  Actually, I think JJ keeping things from his cannibal of a mother is pretty damn smart, because as some of you have said, there is no guarantee that she won't turn on him in a flash when she finds out.   This rivalry between the two women is such b.s. - something we've talked about before - but it's even worse IMO for Jenn.  She thinks she herself farts rainbows and yet she's had it in for this woman since before she came back to town because of something from high school, yet Kristen Batshitcrazy Dimera comes back and she whips her up a batch of Grandma Alice's muffins.  Woman is toxic and nuts.

I don't know what to say or think about JJ and Paige except I want it over and JJ moved on into a story that does NOT include Eve or Paige.  Enough.

Abigail has a flexible relationship with the truth, doesn't she?  If EJ or Sami or Chad, God forbid, tell a lie, they're EVIL and must be shunned, but she and Ollie can lie any old time if Jar Jar thinks it's to her benefit.  And enough with all the platitudes about how great Abigail is - Jordan has done everything to signal how bad Clyde is except put it on a billboard and Abigail STILL doesn't get it.  

I enjoyed seeing that look of bafflement on Ollie today, with Jordan mad at him.  Admittedly, he gets the same look each time he tries to remember how to zip up or tie his shoes, but still - good times, good times.  Is it possible for a couple to be more evenly matched, mentally, than Abigail and Ollie?   Adding their IQ's together would still leave us in single digits.

I cannot WAIT for Victor to go Full Kiriakis on Clyde.  Such a shame an actor as good James Read has been wasted in such a role, but thems the breaks.  Now it's time for Victor to wash that worm right outta our hair.

Edited by boes
  • Love 16

First off - loved Eve's pink dress & coat - just gorgeous but Eve sweetie if you don't want people (ie Paige) to find out you slept with JJ then stop talking to him about it in PUBLIC where anyone can overhear you.    Actually stop talking to him period.

I do love Kate but her insane hatred of Jordan is making her stupid - the fact that she can't figure out what a louse Clyde is just makes her look like a moron.

BOllie & Abifail are also idiots - are they really that stupid to think that Jordan would never have found out about who donated the money?    And I do believe that BOllie must only have one facial expression

As for Clyde - he just keeps getting creepier by the minute (and Jordan was stupid to go confront him at his apt by herself - she should have done it out in the open) - I am ready for Victor to go all Kiriakis on his ass though.

And while I do enjoy Hope & Aidan - I don't understand what they are doing with him - it just makes no sense (and I'm really hoping he doesn't turn out to be a bad guy)

• Love 6

Oh, Paige. In my day, when your high school/college boyfriend cheated on and broke up with you, you just got drunk and keyed his car. Sure, it was wrong, but at least we weren't following him around all mopey faced asking "Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?"

• Love 10

I loved Abby's exasperated look at Ben when Jordan found out about CLyde and the cash, like she couldn't believe Jordan's problem.  And her look of astonishment whenever Chad talked directly to Jordan like she couldn't believe that she wasn't the focus of his attention.  How can anyone be this self-absorbed?!

I hate JJ's showing his Horton colors by blaming everything on Eve--at least admit your own wrong-doing, if only to yourself.

• Love 8

I loved Abby's exasperated look at Ben when Jordan found out about CLyde and the cash, like she couldn't believe Jordan's problem.  And her look of astonishment whenever Chad talked directly to Jordan like she couldn't believe that she wasn't the focus of his attention.  How can anyone be this self-absorbed?!

I hate JJ's showing his Horton colors by blaming everything on Eve--at least admit your own wrong-doing, if only to yourself.

Abby doesn't see anything wrong with Clyde because he's always telling her how pretty she is and she loves the attention. I wonder what SHE is going to say when they all find out Clyde is a pedo/rapist.

I can see Abby losing patience with Ben over time. KM did say that the reason Abby likes Ben is because he is solely focused on her, but constant adoration only goes so far.

JJ is losing me with blaming Eve. No one should believe Eve took advantage anyway. JJ has proven that he is more grown up than the average 18 year old. Comparing Will at 18 and JJ at 18 for example, is like night and day.

Though I can't help but think that this is going to lead to some kind of therapy breakthrough for JJ and that's why he's blaming Eve at the moment.

Paige is just lame. Why do these writers think that all the women must be so desperate? Paige must have minimal self worth if she truly thinks JJ is the best she can get. And anyway, why does Paige love JJ and why does JJ love Paige? I know I go on and on about this issue with Will and Sonny, but at least we've seen Sonny actually do things for Will. What has JJ done for Paige to earn this kind of devotion?

This kind of reaction from Paige right now is making me seriously question how Paige is going to react when she finds out JJ boned her mother. At this rate it seems like she will turn her back on Eve and move in with JJ at Casa Horton.

• Love 6

JJ is hitting all the notes I'd expect a 18 year old kid to hit in this situation. Every Salemite blames someone else for their own mistakes, so it's not bothering me that JJ, who is a young, emotional mess is doing the same. It's one of the few realistic things about this story. Both CM and KDP are doing a good job conveying the shame and other  awkward emotions when it's just the two of them or when each is alone. Actually, JJ is like that in scenes with everyone. Normally, the whole sad sack routine is annoying as hell (I'm looking right at you, Paige), but CM's performance is working for me.

I had far more trouble understanding why Eve would go to Jennifer and shit talk JJ the way she did. I get that she was on a fishing expedition, but all of that trash talking (here, as well as with Paige) is only going to make her look worse when the truth comes out. At least JJ has the sense to remain vague and keep his mouth shut to other people.

• Love 3

JJ is losing me with blaming Eve. No one should believe Eve took advantage anyway. JJ has proven that he is more grown up than the average 18 year old. Comparing Will at 18 and JJ at 18 for example, is like night and day.

Paige is just lame. Why do these writers think that all the women must be so desperate? Paige must have minimal self worth if she truly thinks JJ is the best she can get. And anyway, why does Paige love JJ and why does JJ love Paige? I know I go on and on about this issue with Will and Sonny, but at least we've seen Sonny actually do things for Will. What has JJ done for Paige to earn this kind of devotion?

This kind of reaction from Paige right now is making me seriously question how Paige is going to react when she finds out JJ boned her mother. At this rate it seems like she will turn her back on Eve and move in with JJ at Casa Horton.

The blaming Eve bit was kind of weird. At first, I thought that he was blaming her for making him break up with Paige... which is sort of true but it's also understandable given what she's done with him. ("You've cheated on my daughter twice! With me! I know for a fact that you're not good enough for her because of that!") But she reacted to it like he was accusing her of forcing him to have sex... so it confused me for a moment. I will say, though, that given my over-riding fear that Eve was going to accuse JJ of raping her when this all started it was almost refreshing to have him suggest quite the opposite despite it being patently untrue.

Then it just kind of came off as a petulant kid blaming anyone else for his own bad behavior rather than take responsibility.

I fully expect Eve to bear the brunt of this and for Paige to somehow 'forgive' JJ and completely align herself with the Horton clan. What would rather delight me in that scenario is if JJ actually developed actual sympathy for Eve in that situation... you could see him reacting to Jennifer telling him that 'you're my son and, no matter what, I'm with you' and thinking that Eve was right about the fact that she is and always will be Paige's mother... I don't know. I just think it would be more interesting to see him unable to stay away from her even if he gets the golden ticket of forgiveness by the holier than thous.

JJ is hitting all the notes I'd expect a 18 year old kid to hit in this situation. Every Salemite blames someone else for their own mistakes, so it's not bothering me that JJ, who is a young, emotional mess is doing the same. It's one of the few realistic things about this story. Both CM and KDP are doing a good job conveying the shame and other  awkward emotions when it's just the two of them or when each is alone. Actually, JJ is like that in scenes with everyone. Normally, the whole sad sack routine is annoying as hell (I'm looking right at you, Paige), but CM's performance is working for me.

I had far more trouble understanding why Eve would go to Jennifer and shit talk JJ the way she did. I get that she was on a fishing expedition, but all of that trash talking (here, as well as with Paige) is only going to make her look worse when the truth comes out. At least JJ has the sense to remain vague and keep his mouth shut to other people.

It's kind of a shame that JJ and Eve hate each other so much because I do think KDP and CM work really well together. He's got real talent and she's an absolute pro. The whole story wavers when it comes to Paige, unfortunately. I don't think TOB is the worst I've ever seen by a longshot but she doesn't seem to have the ability to interject any real life into Paige. Paige is, unfortunately, the mopiest, saddest sack that ever sacked sadly and that's a freaking chore to watch.

I think both CM and KDP are making the effort to show the complexity of their characters' mutual situation while the writing gives them very little to go on. I also think it's interesting that their mutual guilt is manifesting in completely different ways... Eve is trying to figure out any clues JJ might have let slip so she can immediately cover it up but her paranoia is going to be her undoing. JJ is trying to tamp it down and never let any of it see the light of day which will likely result in his exploding and the truth coming out that way.

And I agree with the previously mentioned question of: why are Paige and JJ supposed to be in love? It seemed they went from kind of digging each other into TRUE LOVE within an eyeblink and I honestly don't get how. WHY does Paige think she and JJ are solid and for real? They've never seemed to be on the same page about anything. Ever.

• Love 5

Paige is the dullest character on Days, but Jordan and Ben are giving her a run for her money.

John is joining the police force. Cool.

Rafe is taking Victor's job offer. I like it.

Ok. I don't like how Eve is poking at Jennifer so hard about JJ if she desperately wants her sex romps with JJ to stay a secret. Didn't she just scream at JJ about how nobody can find out? Eve's being stupid about this. That's Jennifer's son so I can't be mad at Jennifer for defending him. I mean, it's Jen's house Eve barged into.

Then there's JJ telling Paige it's her fault he cheated. Really dude? I know Paige is hounding him but that bugged me.

When the shit hits the fan JJ and Eve will deserve whatever they get. In the meantime can they bang some more to erase the memory of how annoying they've been the last two days?

• Love 5

Then there's JJ telling Paige it's her fault he cheated.

I don't know if it's the Horton Judgment Gene, simple immaturity, or what, but this is truly disappointing; I really wish there were someone in JJ's life who could sit him down and frankly and non-destructively tell him "J.J., you know that's not how it works, right?" I'd even (maybe) accept it coming from Dark Roast Dan. But it's not going to come from Jennifer, who seems to alternate between vilifying her son and shielding him from any consequence. Abigail can't tear herself away from BOllie (seriously, I think their "Now With Action Grip!" sexy parts might have fused together by now) long enough to concern herself with anyone else.

• Love 3

I don't care that Tamiflu killed mama Hillbilly and baby Hillbilly. This entire boring nasty dysfunctional family needs to be murdered.

So Jawn is going to be the newest member of the Salem PD. Welp. I didn't think it was possible for law enforcement in Salem to be anymore incompetent.

• Love 6

Grimace is trying way too hard and Anne is so right, she's such a Tweedle Dum. Rapey almost slaps her and he tells her to leave and she stays to antagonize. Also Grimace going through therapy, you don't change after only a couple of sessions. She should know this shit since she's a physical therapist and knows people don't heal quickly only a few sessions. Does she get dumber by the day? Then her grimacing expressions once again and James Read basically had to carry those scenes once again.

Lima Bean is so damn desperate, girl let it go, have some damn dignity. She asked for what JJ said to her, he's trying to get away from her, yet she keeps hounding him and making a scene and then when he lays into her, she smacks him. If you can't handle it don't fuck with it, this is just common sense. Don't feel sorry for her at all.

Jar Jar please if Chad & EJ can't change then what makes her think Rapey can change? Because he gave her charity money? Because he's putting dumbass BOllie in college? Because he told her how pretty she is? I really don't understand her logic, then again nobody can understand the Jar Jar Species. Her arguments just sounded so damn stupid, but her arguments about Rapey were more self serving than anything.

BOllie your jealousy of Chad just shines right through. Questions Rafe on why he's interested in what Sonny does. Why don't someone ask him what he sees in Jar Jar. Yea we need to know the answer to that. Is it because they share the same IQ? Cause they both look like a deranged, demented, plastic version of Ken & Barbie?

Judgy you just said yesterday that you & Eve should leave your kids alone yet she's next in line to hound JJ, cause she needs to know why they broke up. Yea Judgy, that sure as hell leaving your child alone. If JJ wanted to tell you, he would have, but he knows your penchant for being a judgmental bitch.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 2

So Jawn is going to be the newest member of the Salem PD. Welp. I didn't think it was possible for law enforcement in Salem to be anymore incompetent.

Not only will they be more incompetent, they'll also be a lot more gassy.  A lot.

Maybe he can teach them his famous Smell the Fart interrogation technique.

The Princess and the Prawn, together again.  Too bad Show forgot that shellfish turn bad if left out at room temperature too long.

• Love 5

Ugh.  Exactly what the SPD needs. A 60 something year old with a recent history of traumatic brain injury and coma, with decision making skills poorer than Brady's and grunting and hissing through every scene.  Kiiiiid!   Doooooc!  Why, show.  Why?

• Love 8

Ugh.  Exactly what the SPD needs. A 60 something year old with a recent history of traumatic brain injury and coma, with decision making skills poorer than Brady's and grunting and hissing through every scene.  Kiiiiid!   Doooooc!  Why, show.  Why?

I would love to know the thought processes at the SPD for this decision. "Yes, this is an amazingly good idea. A 60+ guy with a recent brain injury and a long history of not knowing who the fuck he is = perfect candidate for police work!"

• Love 5

I'm not really a Jawn fan, but it will be nice to see him in the Cop Shop again with Roman and Abe. I really got sick of seeing Rafe be the top cop during the Safe Years and recently they have had Dark Roast Dan solving all the crimes. This is definitely a move in the right direction with the animosity between Clyde and Victor plus the 50th Anniversary coming up.

Are we really supposed to care that a newbie character killed the unborn child of a character we have never seen? Can't wait for Jordan to leave and so annoyed that Ben and RSW is still around.

Again, why did Hope jump in the sack so quickly with someone she hardly knows? Yes, Aiden has been on the show for a year, but why does she have so many unanswered questions still? You would think she would try to protect her child more by being vigilant about who she brings around. Chase seems uneasy around his own dad and that would be a red flag to me to check for signs of abuse if this was the real world.

It's so rich of Abby to say that Clyde is trying to change. Does she even know him well enough to track said change?

People, does Abby know Clyde is a rapist, because she sure didn't think EJ was capable of change. And according to Abby, Chad is a lying liar who lies, but it's totes okay for Ben to lie to his own sister? Abby has one set of rules for people she approves of and one set for people she doesn't like.

Lima Bean should know that if a guy says that he loves you, it does not always mean that he is being sincere. For all she knows, JJ could have just said it because he was horny and wanted to get laid. That's what JJ should have told her instead of saying he was bored. If I was JJ, I would never take Lima Bean back because she slapped me.

As a last point, can I just say that I am beyond tired with the women on this show raising their hands towards men? Plus, they mainly allow the 'good girls' to do it these days. Where do they learn that resorting to physical violence is acceptable? Since last year, Gabi has slapped Sonny and Sami, Abby has slapped Sami, EJ and Eve and now Paige is getting started with JJ. I'm sure there must be some women I have left out too. Some of these characters have been slapping people that are older than them and that just irks me on it's own. They wouldn't show a man slapping his wife or one of the parents slapping their young child. When Sonny finds out Will cheated, does he get to slap Will? I think not. I know it's a super soapy device, but we're constantly told that violence against women is bad so I find it to be a double standard. Off my soapbox.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 3

Then there's JJ telling Paige it's her fault he cheated. Really dude? I know Paige is hounding him but that bugged me.

he doesn't believe that, it's the only way he can get Desperate Paige to leave him alone.

The Aiden storyline sure has a "Gone Girl" vibe, doesn't it?

• Love 1

I almost want Aiden to end up being an ax murderer or something to account for this lllooonnnngggg drawn out dull as dirt "drama."

I find Paige and Jordan and whatever his name is that is sleeping with Abby to be the dullest of the crowd right now but everyone else except for 3 others is right on their heels.  I thought the actress playing Jordan was leaving, no?

I wish I could understand half the posts but I have no idea who all the characters' nicknames are - oh, well, c'est la vie.  

• Love 5

What really annoys me about the slapping is how Sami was watered down, when in reality she would have beat the skank into the ground.  If that had been Kate, Nicole, or Carrie, no way would it have ended with a simple shove from Sami.

So the writers have once again trotted out the outdated idiotic concept of it's the woman's fault (Paige) for what the guy (JJ) did.  {face palm}  I feel the need to once again state since idiot Corday and the dimwit writers just don't seem to get it - It is not Sami's fault EJ cheated.  It is not Kate's fault Rafe cheated.  It is not Nicole's fault Eric wanted to have sex with her.  It is not Theresa's fault Brady does drugs and is to stupid to live.  AND it is not Paige's fault JJ cheated.  With Will and Sonny, how will they blame a woman for Will's cheating.  I guess Sami, Kate, or Adrienne will be the scapegoat?  Probably Sami since Will blames everything on her already.

The writers need to kill off Maggie and Clyde, and put Kate back with Victor.

• Love 5

So the writers have once again trotted out the outdated idiotic concept of it's the woman's fault (Paige) for what the guy (JJ) did

That's not what's happening.  That's what JJ is telling Paige in order to avoid telling her the truth.

• Love 2

JJ heard the scariest words he will ever hear in his life today.   Jenn told him that no-one will EVER understand him better than she will.  Think about it.  Nobody, anywhere, at any time, will understand him better than his mother.....and his mother is some evil escapee from a banned Archie and Veronica comic.  Jenn didn't just reassure her son - she cursed him.  

Poor guy.  First he's confronted, pawed and harangued by Paige, demanding to know the name of the woman he dared to dickle, then he goes home to a mother's love that would have sent chills down the spine of Norman Bates.  If things stay this way, I see a job for JJ running a motel - a motel with guests who check in but never check out.

I guess that it's Jenn's turn now to barge into Eve's house.  They are pretty even-handed about it.  One week it's Jenn pushing her way into Eve's, the next it's Eve's turn to push her way into Jenn's.  It's such a healthy, adult relationship those two have, isn't it?  

I guess the job for greeters at Walmart really has dried up since Jawn is so anxious to start "helping" people by going back to the police force.  Only in Salem would a 60+ man with sphincter control issues and a lazy eye be considered a real catch for the police force.  I guess it makes a bit more sense when you consider that Roman Brady is the Chief.  I'd love to see what the physical requirements are to get a job with the cops in Salem.  I'm thinking that we won't be seeing the Salem PD do one of those semi-clothed "Hot Cops" calendars.  At least I hope not.  Unless the word "hot" is referring to hot flashes.

Marlena was adorable, just adorable today with her response to Jawn telling her of his plans.  I love those little owl hoots she makes when she's happy.  But I'd really have loved those scenes if she actually had eaten ground glass like she said she would.  

Rafe and Ollie putting their two heads together was just sorta sad.  I don't think that between them they could conjugate a verb, much less communicate a coherent thought.  It's a good thing Rafe's pretty - Ollie, he's got nothin' - other than a skin burn from rubbing so hard with his lil' hobbit Abigail, trying to light a fire.  

Poor Abe.  He's been reduced to being everyone's Auntie, somebody to get the gossip and hand out bland advice.  He stomps around Salem in that big coat, looking for sad people he can badger into telling him their cares and woes.  Wouldn't it be great if Show actually decided to USE this character, actually engage the talents of James Reynolds?

I have a theory about Aiden and his secret.  I think that Chase accidentally - or not so accidentally - killed his mother and blocked it out.  Aiden took the suspicion on himself to shield his son.  And he's selling the beach house because he's afraid if they go back to visit, seeing the place will trigger Chase into remembering and Aiden wants to spare him.  

Either that or there's a very bloody woodchipper in the shed.  

So Jordan killed Mammy and also Pappy's little unborn baby.  Gosh, tell me it isn't true.  Or better yet, just stop telling.  Now.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

That could be a good story for Chase and Aiden, boes.  I think that little kid could play it, too, and Daniel Cosgrove would absolutely be able to do it. 

Dunno why, but I'm really diggin' Rafe as a bar keep and Friend of Victor.  The character needed something to make him more interesting and this is doing it so far.  Rafe is so much better for me when he's jaded and bitter.

As always, Abigail and Ben can DIAF.  I was disappointed to read that the actors who play Ben and his hillbilly pa are still taping.  I was hoping that Jordan's exit story would be her killing Clyde, Clyde's troglodyte, and Ben.  And, as sort of an afterthought and with a shrug of her shoulders, she'd get rid of Abigail, too.

• Love 3

What really annoys me about the slapping is how Sami was watered down, when in reality she would have beat the skank into the ground.  If that had been Kate, Nicole, or Carrie, no way would it have ended with a simple shove from Sami.

So the writers have once again trotted out the outdated idiotic concept of it's the woman's fault (Paige) for what the guy (JJ) did.  {face palm}  I feel the need to once again state since idiot Corday and the dimwit writers just don't seem to get it - It is not Sami's fault EJ cheated.  It is not Kate's fault Rafe cheated.  It is not Nicole's fault Eric wanted to have sex with her.  It is not Theresa's fault Brady does drugs and is to stupid to live.  AND it is not Paige's fault JJ cheated.  With Will and Sonny, how will they blame a woman for Will's cheating.  I guess Sami, Kate, or Adrienne will be the scapegoat?  Probably Sami since Will blames everything on her already.

The writers need to kill off Maggie and Clyde, and put Kate back with Victor.

Totally agree about Kate and Victor. When Nick was trying to take Ari G away, they couldn't even show Victor and Maggie having some conflict about it., which was a missed opportunity. Victor was totally neutered, and he has to just let Nick and the Gabster live in his house when Sonny is his grand-nephew.

If Kate and Victor got together, the DE vs Titan issues would be interesting plus with the fallout of Will/Sonny, they could show them taking sides. It's so telling that Victor is at his most interesting when he's not sharing scenes with Maggie. It also annoys me that they only want to focus on Daniel, Brady and Melanie at the Kiriakis Mansion.

• Love 4

I have a theory about Aiden and his secret.  I think that Chase accidentally - or not so accidentally - killed his mother and blocked it out.  Aiden took the suspicion on himself to shield his son.  And he's selling the beach house because he's afraid if they go back to visit, seeing the place will trigger Chase into remembering and Aiden wants to spare him.

That's my theory too.  I remember Father Louis telling Aiden that Chase has impulse control issues.  Also months ago Aiden talked to Marlena about her taking on a patient.  I think he was talking about Chase.  If Chase fired the gun that killed his mother it would explain a lot of the way Aiden has been acting.

• Love 7

Gosh it would be an interesting storyline if poor little Chase with the dark circles under his eyes had an awful secret that he might not realise.  I'm trying to fit in the part about how scared he was telling Hope not to tell his dad he mentioned money.  That broke my heart. I'm not really seeing any impulse control issues though, at least not in Salem.  Maybe this is another case of fans writing a better story. 

About Grimace's car crash killing baby 'billy...more reason for Creepy to try to hurt her, isn't it?  Dammit Jordan if you would have just told someone a year ago you might have been interesting. 

• Love 2

Are we supposed to think Hhllbilly Clyde raped Tamiflu because she killed mama hillbilly and the baby?

I think so, but if that's all there is to the story then meh, just like Jordan herself. I thought it

was beyond dumb of Jordan run off and confront Clyde and goad him. Isn't she supposed to be scared of him?

• Love 1

Poor Abe.  He's been reduced to being everyone's Auntie, somebody to get the gossip and hand out bland advice.  He stomps around Salem in that big coat, looking for sad people he can badger into telling him their cares and woes.  Wouldn't it be great if Show actually decided to USE this character, actually engage the talents of James Reynolds?

I think they really missed the boat when they stopped the Abe/Maxine storyline.  First I enjoyed it because: 1) I enjoy Maxine one of the few likeable people on the show and 2) it was refreshing to see Abe going out with an age-appropriate woman.  The only thing I did fear was they would turn the s/l into a shitty triangle and make Maxine unlikeable.  But they could have kept them happy.  HEY!  WRITERS!  It's okay to have a couple of happy couples in Salem that don't experience any angst.  Makes it more "real."

• Love 4

I feel a little bad for Jordan that she has to keep all of her stuff bottled up, and none of her friends (well, Abigail) can piece anything together. I guess Abigail didn't inherit her parents' investigative skills. I don't think Jordan has been well-acted, but she seems decent and generally nice, and it's kind of a bummer that she has to go through all of this. She's a "good girl" that seems to more or less have lived up to that part. All of the other "good girls" on this show are weirdly annoying.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 7

So, Tami Floo is supposed to have deliberately killed her mother because she was having a baby Clyde? Because: No. That doesn't work from a psychological point of view. I just don't buy that a victim of abuse would react in that way. If she didn't try to melt down Plastic BOllie, why would she kill her mother?

It may have been dumb of Jordan to confront Clyde, but it's as close as I've seen Stause's performace get to exhibiting an actual personality for Tami Floo; she was almost interesting there for a few minutes, until the "shocking reveal" ruined it.

• Love 5

What is the show doing to Nicole's hair? Does the actress like it that way? Is the show downplaying Nicole's looks to make Serena seem like a more attractive rival for Eric's affections?

I think Nicole had short hair in the 90s, but I don't remember it looking like this. 

• Love 4

I do agree that JJ is playing the 'you left and weren't coming back' card to continue to drive a wedge between him and Paige but, at the same time, he very much tried to place all the blame on Eve for what happened which isn't the case at all. Plus, even if he's going about the 'I did what a million other guys would do' game in regards to her going to LA to be with Shane... the fact is that he cheated on her well before that. The LA trip was a last ditch effort by Eve to keep them apart after JJ had already had sex with her.

The weird thing is that I don't see a hell of a lot of guilt from JJ right now. I mean, he's troubled, definitely, but I see his issues to be far less about 'Oh, what did I do to Paige' so much as 'Oh, what did I do?!' I feel that KDP is playing Eve's guilt more. She honestly does feel guilty for the pain this is causing Paige from what I see and she's most likely going to lose Paige for a goodly amount of time because of all this. JJ needs to figure out why he had sex with Paige's mother twice. Jennifer insisting that she is going to fight for JJ/Paige... oh for the love of God. Seriously, JJ saying he's too young to be tied down is reasonable. He's just started college, this is a new phase of his life, he shouldn't have to be tied to anyone much less Paige who I don't even get anymore. And Paige just needs to go to Stanford. They dressed it up by trying to make it about the money but it was obvious from the start that Paige deferred so she could stay in town with her new boyfriend. The money situation was an excuse and, at this point, if she doesn't go to a school as amazing as Stanford for any reason like she loves JJ or is pissed at her mother or whatever... she's officially no longer the Smart Girl. She'll be a freaking moron and I'll be done with her completely.

I so wish they'd make it more clear why JJ and Eve hooked up. One time was a rock bottom hit for Eve but twice? Why's JJ doing this? If he were interested in Eve's passion for music or that she seems to have more life than Paige or even if he just likes them tall that would be one thing... but they haven't explained it and that's one of the places (the many places) this story is failing for me.

Meanwhile, Jordan and Not!George Hazard... ::despondent sigh:: I freaking love James Read and despite the fact that Clyde is horrible he's often the most interesting thing going on in his scenes. (Granted, when he's with Ben or Jordan it's not hard.) I loved the Clyde/Victor confrontation the other day... I mean, I want Victor to grind Clyde into the ground but that was fun to watch... exciting, even.

• Love 3

Funny -- I didn't think JJ was blaming Eve as much as he was acting out his self-hatred by lashing out at everyone involved. In an 18-year old way. To me, it looks like Paige is just trying to understand what the hell happened. You're in love one minute and broken up the next -- I'd want to press for clarity, too, although I don't think I would have had the nerve myself at that age.  

I never thought I'd say this, but this Clyde/Jordan reveal has me on the edge of my seat. And Chrishelle was finally asked to do more than stand around grimacing, so that was also a plus. 

I think the show is humming this week!  

• Love 4

More of the same from the show today. I am so tired of Lima Bean referring to the 'girl' JJ slept with as a bitch. Where is her anger at JJ himself? The part that had me going is that she is so sure that the other girl must know she loves JJ. Has their 'love' been announced to all of Salem in the Spectator? LOL.

I guess Dark Roast Dan has custody of Jack's family even when he's not with Judgy. What about JJ talking to Uncle Lucas? Though I guess Dan was also a cheat, so he could probably understand JJ's point of view better.

I know Nicole is wrong for wanting to investigate Serena, but why does she have to stay away from Eric if Dan can be around Judgy?

Eve and JJ keep talking about what they did-it's like they are asking to get caught.

I have no words for Brady and Mel, it's so high school. Naggie is going to make such a big deal out of this. I guess she has found her new Ship.

I don't know why Kate is bothering herself with Clyde when he is so gross.

Jordan was meh, but I did notice Chad getting more defensive of her to Kate. Chad also seems to still have a thing for JarJar because he was talking about Ben not appreciating her. I think Jar Jar still likes Chad because she confided in him about Ben.

Speaking of Ben, I was glad he told Abby off when she said Tamiflu didn't need to get over anything and just had to accept that Clyde has changed. It just showed me even more that Abby has been sheltered from real life, for all that she likes to act worldly. I know Abby hasn't been told the full story, but it's weird that she feels like she understands the family dynamics after such a short time. The way Jordan talks about Clyde would make me question whether something bigger is going on with these people for sure.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 4

More of the same from the show today. I am so tired of Lima Bean referring to the 'girl' JJ slept with as a bitch. Where is her anger at JJ himself?

I wonder if this is deliberate from the writers so that when the reveal happens she'll be completely flummoxed to see who the  "-itch' is!

I never think Brady looks his age, but next to Melanie, the fact that he's in his 40s (possibly mid-40s?) suddenly becomes apparent to me (even though Brady has the brains of a 7 year old).  I don't think this becomes apparent so much because of how Brady looks as the fact that Melanie's own mannerisms are very child-like.  

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I'm surprised plastic mannequin found his plastic balls long enough to tell Abifail to back off. That freak is probably the most clueless and self absorbed person in all of Salem. 

I still don't understand what the big deal is about hillbilly rapist donating the money. I doubt the people who will benefit from his donation will care that he's a piece of trash.

Look at how far Kate has fallen. A few months ago she was going up against Stefano and now she's humping a rapist and trashing helpless non entity Tamiflu. 

• Love 7

I don't care that Tamiflu killed mama Hillbilly and baby Hillbilly. This entire boring nasty dysfunctional family needs to be murdered.

After yesterday, I am really ready for the entire meth Clampett clan to exit stage left. It just defies logic that the show would not only make a character they hoped to make the next viable big bad a child rapist but then to have him manhandling his victim, snatching at her clothes, throwing her up against walls, tossing her on a bed and ready to slap her is just beyond the beyond. 

It is really hard for me to give a shit about what Tammy Sue did or didn't a decade ago to a character I never heard of nor introduced to. Who cares??  All I hear is that Jed Clampett raped Ellie May. 

Ollie is a dick. Apparently, all it takes for him to think someone has changed is money because really his big revelation that Clyde is on the path to righteousness and redemption came when the check cleared and he was able to put a down payment on a hamster cage where he could bump plastic parts with Abby. Same goes for Abby. I don't expect those 2 numbnuts to piece together that Clyde raped Tammy, but at least respect the fact that Abby isn't in the same place with Clyde as Ollie is. Tammy has made clear that she wants nothing to do with Clyde and hasn't forgiven him. 

Kate couldn't look any dumber if she tried. I can't stand to see her carrying water for Clyde. Just months ago she was a goddess slaying Salem with Sami by her side. Now she is Clyde's bottom bitch? Oh hell no!!

Wrap dress Anne was the sole voice of reason and bright spot this episode.

Watching the scene of Ollie and Rafe I noticed something when Ollie was coming towards him from behind the bar with a glass in his hands.  I don't know if it was the angle of the camera or because he had his sleeves rolled up half up his arms but Ollie seemed to have some unnaturally long arms compared to the rest of his body. He looked like Stretch Armstong in full extension yesterday. So weird. 

Paige is such a boring, dour, joyless sad sack. Why would anyone want to date her let alone be around her. She isn't fun. She isn't interesting. 

First they were giving Jennifer Ciara's clothes, now they seem to be giving Jen her hairstyle too. WTH was that?!?! Whoever mentioned Marcia Brady deserves a prize. Jen looked like a perimenopausal Marcia Brady. What a difference from her return of a few weeks ago. The actress needs to commit to the big chop and get a bob instead of tucking that dried haystack she calls hair under to create the illusion. It is time to let about 8 inches of that overprocessed mess go.

Hope standing in the middle of the park, dead of winter, without even a coat on? Eye roll. I find her whole neck, chest area quite frightening.

Speaking of frightening, Serena in full on crazyeyes mode confronting Nicole was the stuff of nightmares. Wow!!! The Babadook would have run back into its dark corner if Serena got into its face like that. 

Slight detour, compared to about 5-7 years ago, the show and sets are looking less cheesy and cheap as is the lighting so kudos to that. I like the set of the new club that Rafe will be running and Nicole got an office. Progress indeed!

• Love 10

I thought we were gonna have a Jar Jar & BOllie free day. I will admit however that I did get a kick out of BOllie asking her, "What the hell is wrong with her?" I ask that everytime she's on. I ask what's wrong with her face, what's wrong with her hair, what's wrong with everything? She had that look on her face that says, "Why aren't you complimenting me or telling me how pretty I am?" Damn Jar Jar, how many times does she need to be bashed over the head or a bullet put in her head, I'm hoping for the latter in order to get it. How many times does she need to hear about Grimace being victimized by Rapey? She's so self-centered.

There was Jar Jar showing that Horton/Deveraux classic trait on pushing blame off on someone else and this time Chad was the lucky recipient. It's all Chad's fault about the donation fiasco. Why anyone gives Jar Jar the time of day is beyond me. Somebody needs to tell her to shut her whole face.

BOllie is no better, cause he finally figured out where Grimace went, it didn't occur to him or his malignant girlfriend that Grimace went to see her step-father, after being upset over the donation. These two are such idiots and continue to show they have an IQ of a pillow.

Chad's character is getting a little dull for me. He needs to pick it up and stop telling people to stop dissing Grimace when he disses Rapey. It works both ways Chad so let's stop being a hypocrite. Kate is right, neither Grimace or Jar Jar can run a hair dryer let alone make ice. 

Is Naggie for real, saying her and Judgy haven't talked in a minute. Bitch, the both of you talked on Christmas, it's not like it's been 5 years or something. It may seem like weeks for real in our time but in reel time Days time is a lot slower so we know it hasn't been that long since they spoke. STFU Naggie. She just finds any excuse to hear herself talk. How the hell you're out running errands and then not talking to Judgy automatically comes into your mind. Let's forget the errands for a minute for a 2 second visit. RME. Then hops over to Dingy's house to continue to talk like a true nag. 

No Dingy, Toothy looked absolutely horrible, the 80s hair, that sweater dress that's off the shoulders, yet it's fucking cold outside since Eve was jumping up and down shivering cold. Don't always have to wear a dress, you can look good in some jeans and a good sweater. Toothy with that stupid look on her face when caught by Naggie.

Yes Eve, let's talk JJ's ears off and her constantly manipulating him and constantly talking about it. Lima Bean please you couldn't intimidate a cat.

• Love 3

What is with Melanie and her constantly running around looking like an extra from Flashdance?

Oy, boring show today.  Does anybody but Tan and maybe Maggie remotely care if Melanie and Brady get it on.  Well, Theresa might.  But still.  Get over yourselves.

I do agree that JJ is playing the 'you left and weren't coming back' card to continue to drive a wedge between him and Paige but, at the same time, he very much tried to place all the blame on Eve for what happened which isn't the case at all. Plus, even if he's going about the 'I did what a million other guys would do' game in regards to her going to LA to be with Shane... the fact is that he cheated on her well before that. The LA trip was a last ditch effort by Eve to keep them apart after JJ had already had sex with her.

JJ does not believe what he is saying, he isn't saying things to Paige because it's the way he feels, it's all in order to make her leave him alone.

• Love 3