Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Shut up, Adrienne.  Getting all teary eyed and saying she's heartbroken about Sonny not getting to be with Will?  One, hasn't she historically been against that relationship?  And two, that kind of on-the-sidelines propping, waxing on about how noble and sacrificing Sonny (and Will) are being, does not work IMO.

Good stuff with Eric and Brady.  And here comes Jenn to blow up Eve's world, finally! 

• Love 6

Ymmv, but to me Freddie Smith is one of the weakest actors on canvas. I try every now and then to see something positive in his acting, at least his sorry attempts to, but even after all these years, he is still barely tolerable. And has he picked up Chandler’s stilted stammering technique? 

As for the character Sonny...he’s not even worth commenting on at this point, I can only say he sucks at life so many times, heh. 

Seriously, is there not one, not one other single staged photo of Chandler and Freddie together instead of that weddding shot they could show from time to time?

That photo is as bland and lifeless as their relationship. 

The Will and Paul scenes might have actually worked, sort of, if they hadn’t already made Will 100% Sonny’s love sick puppy again after 30 seconds of getting his memories back.

It’s boring knowing that everything Will is saying is just an act and his mind is already made up for who he’ll be with “end game”. Dragging this mess out is going to be agonizing for me, I can already tell. 

Man, Greg killed his scenes today.

That punch looked legit as all get out. Brady getting laid out on his face needs to happen at least once a week, or a day. 

And I loved how Greg played Eric as being equally furious and grief striken, full of bitterness and betrayal, it was very well done. 

Eve, shut up. That is literally all that goes through my head whenever she opens her mouth, “just shut the hell up”. 

Brady, you are trash, that is all. 

Adrienne needs a hobby that doesn’t involve babying her full grown son. 

Lucas....when is the last time anything good happened to you? Minus Will’s return and having a fairly decent girlfriend I in Chloe, I got squat.

• Love 8

I too loved the Eric/Brady scenes, but, what would have made it even better if Belle, Sami and Carrie were involved. I love family drama when the members of that family have divided loyalties. Carrie would side with Eric, Sami would as well, but, would understand Brady's perspective, since she has been there. Belle would be the wildcard. Not to mention, Jarlena. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

That punch looked legit as all get out. Brady getting laid out on his face needs to happen at least once a week, or a day. 

I would wear that tee shirt.

And sign that petition.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, AnswersWanted said:

Man, Greg killed his scenes today.

And I loved how Greg played Eric as being equally furious and grief striken, full of bitterness and betrayal, it was very well done. 

Greg got his Emmy reel today!  He was amazing.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, sas616 said:

Greg got his Emmy reel today!  He was amazing.

Agreed.

I like people who are not only pretty to look at, because that man is lickable, but I’ve always thought that he is a good actor and today he showed it.

If they give him the writing he can deliver, it was fantastic stuff.

And I thought that Eric worked very well with him, he played Brady exactly like you expected and it allowed Greg to unleash the inner beast in Eric, those two work well together to me, their chemistry is fire. 

And sign that petition.

I’ll make a banner and bumper stickers. 

Edited by AnswersWanted
  • Love 5

GV was so good today. Now bring on AZ back to the show and we shall see what will happen to Eric and Nicole. This show needs some real angst and great acting to go along with it.

• Love 6

Damn, Eric! That punch! I would have hated to be on the roads if Eric was driving towards his confrontation with Brady.

Will's protestations are not very convincing.

Greg Vaughn just slayed it today.

Will and Paul hug, but no kiss.

That was a weird "turn around and walk away" Will did with Sonny.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, boes said:

And sign that petition.

I could watch a loop of Eric punching Brady, knocking him to the floor and pulling him back up--damn enjoyable.  And I loved how absolutely speechless Brady was when Eric point blank told him off for his lies--beautifully played.  As for Brady, even though he knows Theresa chose to give up her happy life with Brady and Tate to save their lives, Brady still puts her in the same league as Kristen and Nicole, two women who deliberately hurt him?  Brady's stupidity is painful to witness.

I liked the Will and Paul scenes, particularly Will's remembering how happy he is with Paul because he does love him, he's just in love with Sonny and that moment was a wonderful parallel to the awesome Will/Sonny conversation, especially Will's quietly poignant "He's not you."  I like that Will has made his choice to stand by Paul but he's still feeling the pull towards Sonny--truly soapy goodness

And I swear Judi Evans is one of the best criers on daytime :)

• Love 8

Hot damn GV killllllled it today!!!  Omg he was awesome!!!!!  He seriously elevates the acting of whoever he is in a scene with.  He was phenomenal today and actually made Brady (actors name escapes me atm) look good acting-wise.

Adrienne's haircut is AWFUL.  Beyond bad.  Now a short 'do that rocks is MBE. Her cut/style/color is perfection.  I think her overall style, clothes, jewelry is just perfect.  Best dressed on all soaps imo.  Speaking of hair, MR's finally looks healthy.  The darker color looks so much better and natural and not like straw anymore.

Edited by Cupcake04
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Damn, Eric! That punch! I would have hated to be on the roads if Eric was driving towards his confrontation with Brady.

Will's protestations are not very convincing.

Greg Vaughn just slayed it today.

Will and Paul hug, but no kiss.

That was a weird "turn around and walk away" Will did with Sonny.

Will is a terrible liar it seems, nothing about his behavior is convincing or believable, IMO.

He looked pained pretty much the whole time he was trying to fake his “devotion” to Paul now.

That over the shoulder shot of his face during that hug? Sheesh, it was awful.

They may as well just say Paul is holding him emotionally hostage. 

The little run in with Sonny and Will was super awkward and pointless. It looked like a scene they meant to cut but forgot to.

What was the point of having Will repeat what has already been made painfully and stupidly clear?

We get it, show, Sonny is everything Will could ever want and need and lust for, give it a break already. 

I am already tired of those two being propped up as “two lovers battling an inconvenient obstacle”.

Just stick them back together already so I can happily FF their scenes in peace. 

Greg is a slayer alright, yum, heh. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I could watch a loop of Eric punching Brady, knocking him to the floor and pulling him back up--damn enjoyable.  And I loved how absolutely speechless Brady was when Eric point blank told him off for his lies--beautifully played.  As for Brady, even though he knows Theresa chose to give up her happy life with Brady and Tate to save their lives, Brady still puts her in the same league as Kristen and Nicole, two women who deliberately hurt him?  Brady's stupidity is painful to witness.

I liked the Will and Paul scenes, particularly Will's remembering how happy he is with Paul because he does love him, he's just in love with Sonny and that moment was a wonderful parallel to the awesome Will/Sonny conversation, especially Will's quietly poignant "He's not you."  I like that Will has made his choice to stand by Paul but he's still feeling the pull towards Sonny--truly soapy goodness

And I swear Judi Evans is one of the best criers on daytime :)

ITA about Judi.  I have said that for years....way back to Beth on GL and of course Paulina on my belived AW.  She "snot cries" lol so you know its real!

• Love 2

Geez, Will, you are only with Paul out of obligation. On some level, he knows it. And that your devotion is just for show and not real. You want to go back to Sonny - without examining how you two got divorced. It'll happen again, til both of you grow up. Will, Sonny, Paul - you can love people without having relationships with them.

Adrienne, butt out of your adult son's life. Stop being a helicopter type parent. You never were in favour of Sonny and Will. What changed? And please get some extensions or something for your very unflattering hairstyle.

Eric, you really gave your soon to be ex brother a good dose of karma today. You killed it. Brady can use a few more hard knocks to the ground. Eve, why are you defending him? Oh yeah, you have secrets too. Brady, you were pathetic.

• Love 3

Separate subject....but Cupcake, do you remember the final months of AW, when Paulina had to lie on the stand about killing Grant to (she thought) protect the son who had done it, because of the guilt she felt about giving him up when be was born (and of course, he ended up not being her child at all, just a con using her)? I'll never forget the snot crying. Epic! And her poor husband Joe knew the entire time she was lying about being the murderer, even to her, but her maternal obligation forced her to keep up a front? Brilliant acting. Broke my heart seeing poor kind Paulina lying to her husband and willingly throwing her life away.

Oh AW.

I missed today's show but I'll be looking forward to the punching. Greg's "you Reeew-ened my Liiiii-Yeefe!" from the Fall promo sounded horribly whiny.

Awww. poor wittle put upon WilSon. Pardon me while I roll my eyes and not care. Please, PLEASE, just reunite them so I am spared ever having to watch Freddie attempt emoting again.

The whole storyline just pisses me off at them because it's deeply unfair to Paul what they're doing. Paul was asking for the truth today, all Will had to do was tell him. Yes, he'd be hurt but at least he wouldn't be lead on like this, given false hope only to be hurt worse later on. It's so stupid and I hate it.

• Love 3

Hattie was fun, Eric slugging Brady was even more fun and even Bonnie wasn't bad.

But otherwise......Chandler Massey seems so checked out, all the time.  It's as if he needs his batteries changed.  That broken clock on the Horton mantel has more of a presence.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Tasha Brand said:

Whether it did or not, Eric wasn't even remotely wrong.  In fact, he was completely right.  Brady's butthurt actions did ruin his life.  Nicole's, as well.

One problem.  Are either of John DeLancie or Arlene Sorkin available?  Because I highly doubt a recast would work in either one of their roles.

John Delancie is still close with Deidre.  I think that he would do it for her.  Arlene would probably do it as well. I would not need either character to come back permanently, just to introduce us to their kids. They did that with Sonny via Justin and Adrienne.  The show should have introduced Alex Kiriakis years ago..

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Garnett7 said:

Awww. poor wittle put upon WilSon. Pardon me while I roll my eyes and not care. Please, PLEASE, just reunite them so I am spared ever having to watch Freddie attempt emoting again.

The whole storyline just pisses me off at them because it's deeply unfair to Paul what they're doing. Paul was asking for the truth today, all Will had to do was tell him. Yes, he'd be hurt but at least he wouldn't be lead on like this, given false hope only to be hurt worse later on. It's so stupid and I hate it.

I totally agree with you, especially about sticking those two bores back together so I don’t have to put up with either one or their nonsense. 

It is utter bs that they keep spewing about keeping Paul hopeful for a real future with Will, thanking him for standing by him and pledging to get him through this, and somehow that is kinder than just telling him the truth. 

Not that I want to agree with Brady, for that just seems wrong in any instance, but he was 100% spot on when he told his nephew that he “doesn’t seem to know what love really means”. 

It is not “loving” to sit at a man’s bedside and lie to his face while you secretly daydream about the man you really want to be with.

It’s not “loving” to promise him devotion and dedication that will be short lived but he has no idea that’s the case and instead expects it to last indefinitely.

It is not “loving” to start pulling away from someone emotionally and mentally to the point you can hardly hug them, won’t kiss them, but your guilt and pity forces you to try and fake it while failing miserably. 

IMO, there is no way hurting Paul with the truth is worse than gutting him when he finally realizes his greatest fear, which he expressed already to Will, that Will’s memories did change everything, that he does want Sonny again, and that he is pitying Paul by continuing their relationship and making countless promises he doesn’t really want to keep and frankly won’t after a certain time. 

I feared they would play Paul as too “in love” to face reality and get a clue that Will is just, barely, going through the motions, and it looks like that’s the plan. It’s all around god awful. 

7 hours ago, boes said:

Chandler Massey seems so checked out, all the time.  It's as if he needs his batteries changed.  That broken clock on the Horton mantel has more of a presence.

I’ve thought this too, he seems barely engaged or interested, which also seems to increase his stammering tick, it makes it even harder than usual for me to watch him

I have been of this opinion since the Leo drama especially and it just seems to get worse and more and more obvious.

I don’t know if he’s being reminded why he left the show with everything that’s going on, heh, and the writing is almost too much for him to stomach or what, but definitely the lifelessness is very noticeable to me, and it just adds to the boring, dragged out torture feeling in his scenes, no matter who he’s scening with. 

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

I totally agree with you, especially about sticking those two bores back together so I don’t have to put up with either one or their nonsense. 

It is utter bs that they keep spewing about keeping Paul hopeful for a real future with Will, thanking him for standing by him and pledging to get him through this, and somehow that is kinder than just telling him the truth. 

Not that I want to agree with Brady, for that just seems wrong in any instance, but he was 100% spot on when he told his nephew that he “doesn’t seem to know what love really means”. 

It is not “loving” to sit at a man’s bedside and lie to his face while you secretly daydream about the man you really want to be with.

It’s not “loving” to promise him devotion and dedication that will be short lived but he has no idea that’s the case and instead expects it to last indefinitely.

It is not “loving” to start pulling away from someone emotionally and mentally to the point you can hardly hug them, won’t kiss them, but your guilt and pity forces you to try and fake it while failing miserably. 

IMO, there is no way hurting Paul with the truth is worse than gutting him when he finally realizes his greatest fear, which he expressed already to Will, that Will’s memories did change everything, that he does want Sonny again, and that he is pitying Paul by continuing their relationship and making countless promises he doesn’t really want to keep and frankly won’t after a certain time. 

I feared they would play Paul as too “in love” to face reality and get a clue that Will is just, barely, going through the motions, and it looks like that’s the plan. It’s all around god awful. 

I’ve thought this too, he seems barely engaged or interested, which also seems to increase his stammering tick, it makes it even harder than usual for me to watch him

I have been of this opinion since the Leo drama especially and it just seems to get worse and more and more obvious.

I don’t know if he’s being reminded why he left the show with everything that’s going on, heh, and the writing is almost too much for him to stomach or what, but definitely the lifelessness is very noticeable to me, and it just adds to the boring, dragged out torture feeling in his scenes, no matter who he’s scening with. 

It is classic soap opera storyline, staying with somebody out of obligation while pining for the one you really want. Marlena did it with Roman and John. The only difference was that Marlena really committed to Roman without dealing with her feelings for John.  It came back to bite her in the ass  and the fallout  drove stories for years.  Granted the Will/Paul/Sonny story is not written with any complexity and depth.  Furthermore, why does Paul have to always be glorified to the detriment of others.  In 2015,  Will was sacrificed for Paul and Paulson. Paul's contrived father/son relationship with John was propped up at the expense of John's relationships with his real sons Eric and Brady.   

I think that Chandler is playing Will's detachment deliberately, I don't think that he has checked out. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, boes said:

But otherwise......Chandler Massey seems so checked out, all the time.  It's as if he needs his batteries changed.  That broken clock on the Horton mantel has more of a presence.

+1

22 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that Chandler is playing Will's detachment deliberately, I don't think that he has checked out. 

But that could be possible. I'd see it more if it was just with Paul though. But he's pretty much the same way with everyone imo.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

It is classic soap opera storyline, staying with somebody out of obligation while pining for the one you really want. Marlena did it with Roman and John. The only difference was that Marlena really committed to Roman without dealing with her feelings for John.  It came back to bite her in the ass  and the fallout  drove stories for years.  Granted the Will/Paul/Sonny story is not written with any complexity and depth.  Furthermore, why does Paul have to always be glorified to the detriment of others.  In 2015,  Will was sacrificed for Paul and Paulson. Paul's contrived father/son relationship with John was propped up at the expense of John's relationships with his real sons Eric and Brady.   

Not just for soaps, but it’s commonly used in all of television period, and movies for that matter. 

My issue is not with it being a commonly used ploy for a television show, my issue is with how the ploy itself is being portrayed and handled on this particular show with these particular characters. 

I have seen this ploy work brilliantly on varying shows, it’s not as if it’s impossible to have this sort of circumstance actually handled well, the fact that it is being written terribly, directed horribly, and 2/3’s of those involved irk the shit out of me are my main issues.

I am not comparing apples to oranges with different couplings, I could name five soaps couples across daytime for years and years whom I adored who all went through this exact same heartbreak or something similar, I am talking specifically about Paul, Will, and Sonny. 

Ymmv, but their storyline is total tripe to me, it’s tired, boring, woefully ridiculous, and it’s being dragged around like a dead corpse. 

And as I said before, to me Chandler has appeared disinterested for months now, not just currently and not just in scenes with CS. 

I haven’t seen him playing off anyone all that well for a good while and considering I find him a fairly weak actor in general, he needs that engagement to be palatable but he’s just dull and aimless, not a good look, IMO. 

Edited by AnswersWanted
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

And as I said before, to me Chandler has appeared disinterested for months now, not just currently and not just in scenes with CS. 

Mileage varies, but, I thought Chandler was fantastic when Will regained his memories. My favorite scene was him telling Marlena that he remembered her brought tears to my eyes. I also loved the  subtle difference that Chandler gave between amnesiac Will and Will with his intact memory.   It was very evident in how he interacted with Paul before he fell out the window with Kristen.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Mileage varies, but, I thought Chandler was fantastic when Will regained his memories. My favorite scene was him telling Marlena that he remembered her brought tears to my eyes. I also loved the  subtle difference that Chandler gave between amnesiac Will and Will with his intact memory.   It was very evident in how he interacted with Paul before he fell out the window with Kristen.

That it does.

I don’t mind the kid as a person, I just don’t find his acting all that believable or interesting but that’s my personal preference.

I have never cared for any of the actors who played Will, actually, though Guy got my pity because he was DOA from day one and never had a fair chance to succeed. 

But as for Chandler, one good thing I will say is that in the scenes with the vets that’s when I think he does give his best effort because they push him in a way.  

It just doesn’t help me when I see him being rather lethargic in one scene and then in the next I have Greg owning the earth in a powerful, blistering, masterful display  full of emotion and fire and passion. 

Maybe Chandler is  trying to play “detached” but to me he’s hitting more “undead” notes instead, maybe that’ll change, or at least he’ll try something else. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, AnswersWanted said:

I have never cared for any of the actors who played Will, actually, though Guy got my pity because he was DOA from day one and never had a fair chance to succeed. 

My favorite Will was mophead Will because he had the best qualities of Lumi without being their clone. He was his own person who had his own trajectory that would have made him an awesome character.  It was really jarring for me to see Will become so weak and filled with low self-esteem. Mophead Will was nothing like that. It took me a while to warm up to the Wills that came after him. 

I liked Guy.  He was put in an untenable situation by Ken Corday who inflamed the passions of fans with his shadiness regarding Chandler who rejected Guy outright. Not to mention, the bullying that Guy had to endure. His family was also harassed online. It really showed the ugliness that lives in some human beings. The anonymity of the internet has given some people the ability to unleash their vileness and inhumanity. We disagree on here, sometimes passionately, but, it has never gone down an ugly path.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Eli for police commissioner!  He's actually looking for Kristen, and checking to make sure Susan wasn't Kristen incognito showed more smarts than most of the town combined. 

I'm bummed Eve was given the chance to confess, I wanted her put on full-on blast.

• Love 6

Hi folks -- been away for a few years, I think, but just poked around and see everything is as I left it :) I've been watching the show all along, but life and work stuff kept me overhwlemed. Now that things have settled down  again, I'm glad I can wander in here and feel like I'm "home."I remembered so many of you. I hope you're all well :)

However, I think I may have to take up residence in the Unpopular Opinions thread! I love Chandler, want Chabby back together (either Abigail is fine), and can't wait for Gabi's sinister plot to be revealed. I haven't forgotten about the Melanie kidnapping :) I dislike the dopplegangers intensely, but figure they're short-lived. Gotta hand it to them, though, for seeing a way out of Marlena's early demise. I'm glad Brady and Eve are getting their just desserts, although living every day in that ugly hotel room was some punishment itself. And I miss Theresa.

I'm starting to enjoy the Ciara/Tripp thing and want Claire to stay the hell away from them. Ben grosses me out. 

And wait -- why did they do that to Steve? Send him away without a goodbye?!? I'll look back, as I'm sure you all didn't leave any stones unturned in that discussion :) Cheers for now! 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Hi folks -- been away for a few years, I think, but just poked around and see everything is as I left it :) I've been watching the show all along, but life and work stuff kept me overhwlemed. Now that things have settled down  again, I'm glad I can wander in here and feel like I'm "home."I remembered so many of you. I hope you're all well :)

However, I think I may have to take up residence in the Unpopular Opinions thread! I love Chandler, want Chabby back together (either Abigail is fine), and can't wait for Gabi's sinister plot to be revealed. I haven't forgotten about the Melanie kidnapping :) I dislike the dopplegangers intensely, but figure they're short-lived. Gotta hand it to them, though, for seeing a way out of Marlena's early demise. I'm glad Brady and Eve are getting their just desserts, although living every day in that ugly hotel room was some punishment itself. And I miss Theresa.

I'm starting to enjoy the Ciara/Tripp thing and want Claire to stay the hell away from them. Ben grosses me out. 

And wait -- why did they do that to Steve? Send him away without a goodbye?!? I'll look back, as I'm sure you all didn't leave any stones unturned in that discussion :) Cheers for now! 

Welcome back!  all opinions are welcome. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

"Make it fast.  We're having tea here." Victor is such an asshole.

"You can see it's not a wig."  "Good God.  It's not?"

Victor is such a crusty jerk, I love it so much.  I always think of that scene where he finds an unconscious Carly on the doorstep and asks somebody to remove the trash.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

"Make it fast.  We're having tea here." Victor is such an asshole.

"You can see it's not a wig."  "Good God.  It's not?"

Damn, that was a quick DNA test on Susan.

An NBC interrupts the show just as Eve starts to confess.

I don't think it was a DNA test. I think Eli was yanking on Susan's teeth to see if they were real. And not fake like Kristen (posing as Susan) had on during the wedding. You know the ones that flew all the way across the Square right at Marlena!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think you are correct--Will is trying to convince himself that he can be happy with Paul, so he's trying to suppress any feelings for Sonny.  For me, CM is playing Will with a subtleness that I greatly admire.

In today's episode, Sami said something to Justin that caught me by surprise.  She said "if Dr. Rolf was willing to make the serum for Stefano's grandson, he'd make it for Stefano's son"  I know that the "son" reference was for EJ, but is Sami saying that Will was Stefano's grandson or did I misunderstand?

I loved Eve and Jenn's screaming at each other and completely disregarding Brady's trying to bluster his way into the conversation--that's right, ignore the buffoon :)  I'm sure his meltdown will be wonderful to behold-he doesn't have Tate anymore because of Victor and Eve.  Suck it long and hard Brady.

How long has Susan been at the K-Mansion?  At least a week?

• Love 6

The last two days have been pretty damn good. I CAN’T! FREAKIN’! WAIT! until that stupid jerk loses his shit on Eve. I mean, he gets on my last nerve, and I know that he’s going to go all “OG Eve and the apple” to his poor trusting Adam on her, and part of me will hate that misogynistic shit, but she has this coming. Don’t let me down, Brady. 

Sami, never change, lady. Never change. You knew as soon as she acquiesced to Justin’s warnings, she was already mentally mapping out her entry into the mansion. 

Poor, Eric. Seriously.  Poor, gullible, painfully earnest, kind of a doofus, yet somehow still smokin’ hot to me Eric. Nicole is probably already in love with someone else. 

MR and KDP did really well today playing off one another today. 

This show. I just can’t give it up. Dammit! 

Edited by Rowan
I can’t spell.
  • Love 9

Don't remember Kristen having a Phoenix tattoo on her back. Enjoyed her crazy Kristen talking to crazy Stefan. Pot and kettle.

Susan was entertaining with her pussycat Victor stuff. LOL.  At least Eli has some smarts about him and does not worship at the Hope altar. He should be Commissioner and her given a few months' stress leave.

Poor Eric. He and Jenn never really stood much of a chance. No it doesn't work when a part of you wants someone else. You settle and it is not fair to the other person. At least he didn't tell Roman all the details.

Sami is smart, and yes she has broken in to the DiMera mansion a few times. Now she can have fun with Stefan.

Eve, time for some karma. You will then take a pass on Brady.

Really enjoyable episode today.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I loved this ep. I don't really have anything to say, I just thoroughly enjoyed it.

I did too...but I always have something to say, LOL.

....starting with WELCOME HOME WALTZ! Nice to see you again. I also find Ben gross.

Sami, never change, lady. Never change. You knew as soon as she acquiesced to Justin’s warnings, she was already mentally mapping out her entry into the mansion.

See, I kind of find it grating that Sami is disregarding the law so quickly. She did the same thing during the hunt for Will last year and it bothered me. If she is always going to be getting out of legal problems no matter how severe, why even bother making a fuss about how she's broken the law in the first place? I really wish Ron would dial it back. I get that Sami is a hurricane and she doesn't listen, but I feel like he keeps replaying the same note over and over and over with her and it's taking me out of my enjoyment of the show. It's so nice having Allison back, especially since I feel like we're finally coming to an end with this whole EJ dangling thread. But enough with the arrests and the breaking the law and everybody fretting over it. It just makes her look worse than the people she supposedly fighting against.

And if she goes by Sami DiMera now, to the extent that she can call a bunch of thugs to break Ben out of the looney bin at a moment's notice, wouldn't she still have a key to the DiMansion? It was her late husband's house. 

...is Sami saying that Will was Stefano's grandson or did I misunderstand?

Will kind of is, by marriage anyway. I seem to recall Stefano being paternal towards Will once or twice, but that was really back before I started to tune in regularly again.

... I just flashed back to this scene I remembered catching on YouTube where Sami and Lucas see Stefano swinging by Kate's house to pick her up on a date. Lucas is all awestruck to meet the great Stefano DiMera, while Sami's throwing him dirty looks and trying to warn him that the man is scum. This was just after Will was born I think. Funny how Stefano ended up becoming a sort of Grandfather to Will through no fault of Lucas's whatsoever. Oh Sami!

MR and KDP did really well today playing off one another today. 

Weren't they! I'm kind of surprised they managed to get so much mileage out of the retconned rivalry these two characters had. Kudos to Ron for turning that into something or at least keeping it going.

(Full Disclosure: I still would much rather have seen Eve continue down her reformed path and become Justin's new wife rather than any of the crap she's done since she came back.)

Eli for police commissioner!  He's actually looking for Kristen, and checking to make sure Susan wasn't Kristen incognito showed more smarts than most of the town combined.

I know! I was rather impressed Ron bothered to write a scene like that, because it seems like in order to facilitate the Kristen/Susan switches everyone in town has to be a little bit dim and not as thorough as one would expect. I also really just like it when shows use characters the way Eli was used today. He's a cop so he showed up to do cop work and then promptly left. I like that. It makes the world of Salem feel a little bit more real. People so rarely do their jobs in this town!

I guess no one really cares at this point anymore, I know I hardly do, but what the hell is going on with Bella magazine? Somehow Theresa was able to buy it from Victor...? Now Eve and Brady are working for Stefan...? Who's the spokesmoron - Claire or Ciara?

• Love 4
On 9/25/2018 at 12:55 AM, Silver Raven said:

That' not true, a marriage under false pretenses isn't legal.

Nope, the marriage legally exists until John takes legal action to dissolve it. John would need to get the marriage annulled, as he had a previous marriage annulled. Fraud is one of the allowable grounds for an annulment. The point is that there's a whole legal process to go through for this - John can't just say "she used a fake name" and poof, no marriage to deal with. His lawyer has to file for annulment and a court has to grant it.

If for some reason John actually wanted to stay married to Hattie, they could do that. They wouldn't have to have another wedding with Hattie using her real name. They're married.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 5
On 6/29/2018 at 1:22 AM, Kitty Redstone said:

Me likey Chad's tight suit, though.

BF does wear clothes very, very well.  Lovely young man.

No clue why this barfed, sorry.

Edited by Stella Rose
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

See, I kind of find it grating that Sami is disregarding the law so quickly. She did the same thing during the hunt for Will last year and it bothered me. If she is always going to be getting out of legal problems no matter how severe, why even bother making a fuss about how she's broken the law in the first place? I really wish Ron would dial it back. I get that Sami is a hurricane and she doesn't listen, but I feel like he keeps replaying the same note over and over and over with her and it's taking me out of my enjoyment of the show. It's so nice having Allison back, especially since I feel like we're finally coming to an end with this whole EJ dangling thread. But enough with the arrests and the breaking the law and everybody fretting over it. It just makes her look worse than the people she supposedly fighting against.

At this point, I’m over ever thinking they’ll ever have her learn her lesson. She’ll do something outrageous and go down hard for it like she always does. Yet, somehow, I’ll still root for her to emerge beaten, but not broken. Allison Sweeney is magic that way. 

I do want some closure with the damn EJ crap. I’d love for them to walk off into the sunset together. Which kind of cracks me up, because I hated him when he raped her. The same way I hate Stephan. I try to imagine TC ever making Stephan viable to me in the same way, and I just can’t.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, msrachelj said:

did people actually see an episode today, what with the hearing being shown on every single channel? damn. i don't think i'm gonna see days (or anything else until 7pm) for a while. 

I've watched today's show online as well as Y&R.  Maybe see if that'll work for you?  I'm going to send you a PM with a link to the site where I watch.

• Love 1

Oh pipe down, Brady, you plucked and oiled, hairless MIMBO.

I know Eve is a piece of work and the way she treated Theresa is unforgivable, but her having to take any guff from Brady is grade A bullshit.  Every single time something goes wrong, he immediately and vindictively turns on whatever woman he's with, the same woman he's been praising literally seconds before.  He's done it with every single one.  And every single time he puts on his speedo and takes another long dip in his perpetually ready pity pool.  A dip for a dip.

Brady didn't lose Tate because of Eve, or Victor or anyone except himself.  If he hadn't treated Theresa like the prime piece of crap he is, custody would never have been an issue.  He pushes too far, the idiots who love him try to help him, it backfires and he blames whoever is handiest.  But somehow he never blames the main culprit - himself.  Oh, he "blames" himself for "loving too much", or blames the women for "always betraying" him, but he never, EVER wonders why everything he does turns to dust, why everyone he "loves" he always ends up blaming, no, not our bouncing baby over-the-hill cue ball of a Kiriakis.

Idiot grandson, indeed.

I wish Eve would use those lovely long legs of hers and plant one firmly up his backside.  Though I doubt there's room since Brady already has his head firmly planted there already.

• Love 13

The Canadian network aired today's ep.

I agree that Brady is the same with every woman. He can do what he likes but if someone does something to him, it is exactly the same behavior. He is in his 40s now so maybe he could be a bit more mature. He very rarely owns his stuff. Eve, you have seen him repeat the same crap behavior. Why do you put up with him?

Gabi really should keep her plan to herself. It did work out nicely in her favor with Stefan showing up.

Sami, you will always get yourself in to trouble. Tell someone where you are going so when it goes belly-up, people know where to look.

Maggie keeps in touch with Nicole? Guess it's due to the granddaughter, but why hasn't this been mentioned?

• Love 3

Welcome back, Lastwaltz!

-------

I DVRd today's episode and realized it was probably preempted.  Hopefully NBC will leave today (and maybe even yesterday?) online for a little while.  I just finished catching up on last week.  There were so many good moments!

"Big Bonnie."  Hee!  I'm loving that BD/Lucas has this story because it's allowing him to play befuddled disbelief and humor, both of which he's very good at.  It's also fun to see JE play the conniving (but somehow sympathetic) Bonnie.

Eli's "Damn!" when Sheila wouldn't share the french fries. 

John giving Hattie the stink eye while hugging Belle.  I hope he's enjoying himself as much as it looks like he is, as it makes me happy to think of these actors as happy.

Is there a new wardrobe person?  I think the clothes are much better than they were a couple of years ago.  Gabi and Lani are almost dressed in clothes I like and Kate has had some outstanding pieces.  I still covet that green shirt she had on a few weeks ago. 

• Love 3

So, will yesterday's ep air today in the US or will they just skip it and air today's ep today?

ETA: Never mind, I just checked Rob's twitter for the answer lol. I guess I'll just skip yesterday's ep because I don't like watching it on NBC's website.

Edited by peachmangosteen

Gabi really should keep her plan to herself. It did work out nicely in her favor with Stefan showing up.

I'm so tired of this heffa.  Yes you were wronged and you've been through a lot.  But what you are doing is intentional and criminal.  I'll be glad when someone catches her.  It would be great if it was Jennifer or better yet, Julie.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Rowan said:

At this point, I’m over ever thinking they’ll ever have her learn her lesson. She’ll do something outrageous and go down hard for it like she always does. Yet, somehow, I’ll still root for her to emerge beaten, but not broken. Allison Sweeney is magic that way. 

I do want some closure with the damn EJ crap. I’d love for them to walk off into the sunset together. Which kind of cracks me up, because I hated him when he raped her. The same way I hate Stephan. I try to imagine TC ever making Stephan viable to me in the same way, and I just can’t.

Sami, like South Park's Cartman, does what she wants. And that is why I love her. Glad when she comes back for however long.  I always liked her better than Carrie and sure am liking her more than Belle. Belle is alternating between dullsville and being a shrill harpy. 

• Love 5