Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, AnswersWanted said:

Personally speaking I would expect that kind of behavior from Sonny because, to me, he's just a trashy character, but as far as Will goes he could have done better and should have considering everything that Paul has shown him and supported him through; he deserved at least enough respect to be officially and unceremoniously dumped before Will and Sonny start their frigid "bro love" fest all over again. 

Will didn't respect his marriage when he cheated on Sonny. Twice. I always thought Will was a little bit self-centered so I can see why right now he is only focused on what he is feeling. In his previous relationships with Gabi and then Sonny, Will was unable to be totally honest with them which only led to more pain for everyone. I think it is the same thing with Paul. He loves Paul but with his memories back, he is in love with Sonny and right this minutes he is just focusing on his relationship with Sonny.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Will didn't respect his marriage when he cheated on Sonny. Twice. I always thought Will was a little bit self-centered so I can see why right now he is only focused on what he is feeling. In his previous relationships with Gabi and then Sonny, Will was unable to be totally honest with them which only led to more pain for everyone. I think it is the same thing with Paul. He loves Paul but with his memories back, he is in love with Sonny and right this minutes he is just focusing on his relationship with Sonny.

I do not disagree with your assessment, my thinking is that it would just be nice to see Will finally acting with more maturity, showing that he is also being influenced by the fact that he has been back for about a year now. Older and wiser. 

This should be a young man who would want to do better this time around, to end things with Paul the right way because he knows what the alternative is and he is no longer that person. 

It would make it a little more papable, for me, if they weren't writing him to just revert back to being the same old, childish and selfcenterrd, Will who has leaned nothing from his past mistakes. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, AnswersWanted said:

If they wanted them to have an indepth conversation that was fine by me, but for them to have Will splayed between Sonny's legs like they were new lovers cuddling in front of a fire during an Aspen ski trip, all the while both fully aware that there was a missing 3rd party who, for obvious reasons, believes that he is Will's chosen significant other.

I saw it is tasteless and classless and unnecessary. 

Paul deserved at least enough respect to be officially and unceremoniously dumped before Will and Sonny start their frigid "bro love" fest all over again. 

I agree with you 120%.  I couldn't even watch their scenes together.  I know this is a soap opera, but can we "once" see a character break up without cheating.  I was so over both of them. 

I also hate when DAYS really, really screws over a good person all for the sake of drama (i.e. Page, Aiden).  And now it's Paul's turn.  Paul has been such an outstanding guy throughout his time on the show.  He was coldly dumped by Sonny.  He didn't even want to get involved with Will but Will persisted.  And now he's getting ready to be cut loose by Will.  It would be cool if Paul left town and we see him meet someone on a plane that seems just as great.  However, I'd bet money that is not how his story will end up.     

Edited by A.J.
spelling error
  • Love 6
On 8/19/2018 at 9:20 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I hate everything about the loft crew. Why can't Tripp make new friends?

THIS. Oh, lord, this!

You know, Ben may no longer be a raving bloodthirsty maniac, but if he were a decent person, if he truly cared about Ciara, he wouldn't put her in the middle between himself and Hope. I'm not saying Commissioner Fancy Face is good at her job, or anything, but BOllie is just using Ciara as a goad to get at her mother, while he sits back and watches, smirking like a dumbass, eatin' cereal. There's no reason for him to live with Ciara, as far as I can tell. Why does he have to come between her friends, too?

They all make me sick. But there's nothing about Ben's that on the level -- including, I suspect, his "reform."

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Only because Will called Paul's phone.

No one even told Paul's father, so I don't find it too crazy that they didn't tell his boyfriend. The only people that knew were Sami, Brady, and Eve and they were kinda busy so I'm not surprised they didn't think to immediately call Will. I assume the whole thing was supposed to have happened pretty fast. 

I thought Will laying between Sonny's legs was too much, but other than that I thought it was fine. It's not like they gleefully fucked without thinking about Paul at all! Although, I feel like I personally would've found that hilarious.

• Love 5
On 9/3/2018 at 3:07 PM, DisneyBoy said:

In his first week writing this character, Ron has had Kristen hold several dozen people at gun point, kidnap a woman, kidnap another for several weeks and drug her, and try to rape her Ex. Oh, and fall out another window.

I've changed my mind: I'm glad Eileen isn't here for this shit.

Where's that Steve Carell shrieking "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NO NO NO NO!" gif when I need it?

God bless Stacy Haiduk for trying, but this show needs to get over its obsession with goddamned Kristen. The Susan character is a one-note joke -- she's a pure caricature, barely even human. And once again, fucking Kristen is going to eat the fucking show with her stupid histrionics. I hate this bullshit.

GAHH.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Where's that Steve Carell shrieking "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NO NO NO NO!" gif when I need it?

God bless Stacy Haiduk for trying, but this show needs to get over its obsession with goddamned Kristen. The Susan character is a one-note joke -- she's a pure caricature, barely even human. And once again, fucking Kristen is going to eat the fucking show with her stupid histrionics. I hate this bullshit.

GAHH.

AMEN.

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah, I miss Maxine. The actress had done a lot of bit parts here and there on other shows. It was nice seeing her with a regular gig, especially since there were no average-sized women in Salem.

In his first week writing this character, Ron has had Kristen hold several dozen people at gun point, kidnap a woman, kidnap another for several weeks and drug her, and try to rape her Ex. Oh, and fall out another window.

I've changed my mind: I'm glad Eileen isn't here for this shit.

Kristen is a villainess.  She is not a good person. This is a woman who once poisoned Marlena's chocolate candies that were almost ingested by Belle who was a small child at the time. Belle was almost collateral damage, due to her reckless hatred of Marlena. 

Ron is writing her in character in my opinion.  Tomsell tried to redeem her at Marlena's expense in 2012. Marlena was written as a bitter woman who could not let go of the past, never mind that Kristen was a threat to her family and she did target her son Eric and raped him.  John treated Marlena like she was a stranger he had had a one night stand in college. It was just too much..

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

tumblr_nul0y7mJBn1sa8ezpo2_250.gif

giphy.gif

My people! Thank you.

When Susan was hugging Will, I was making the exact face pictured above. (Forgive me -- I'm not only ranty, I'm behind -- I've been away.)

4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

John treated Marlena like she was a stranger he had had a one night stand in college. It was just too much..

Yeah, one of the strangest parts of Kristen's return the last time was how weird Jawn was about it -- like Marlena was the one who was overreacting. (Oh, and also the plan to prove what a bad fiancée Kristen was for his beloved son by sleeping with her himself. I mean, what could go wrong with a plan to betray your child for his own good?)

• Love 3

I wish Sami had hit Rafe harder in the head. He needs another coma. Also, Rafe and Hope are absolutely unbearable to watch with their self-serving commentary & sanctimony. 

I don't care about the Paul/Will/Sonny story - or rather, I am not rooting for any couple more than another - though I do like Paul as a character. That said, the Will and Sonny scenes... the actors whisper and mumble a lot. It's like watching two Queen Sugar's Ralph Angel characters having a conversation and I find I just end up FFing their scenes.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Kristen is a villainess.  She is not a good person. This is a woman who once poisoned Marlena's chocolate candies that were almost ingested by Belle who was a small child at the time. Belle was almost collateral damage, due to her reckless hatred of Marlena. 

Ron is writing her in character in my opinion.  Tomsell tried to redeem her at Marlena's expense in 2012. Marlena was written as a bitter woman who could not let go of the past, never mind that Kristen was a threat to her family and she did target her son Eric and raped him.  John treated Marlena like she was a stranger he had had a one night stand in college. It was just too much..

I totally agree both John and Brady lost a couple of brain cells during that storyline...

Yeah, one of the strangest parts of Kristen's return the last time was how weird Jawn was about it -- like Marlena was the one who was overreacting. (Oh, and also the plan to prove what a bad fiancée Kristen was for his beloved son by sleeping with her himself. I mean, what could go wrong with a plan to betray your child for his own good?)

I totally agree. I actually hated John by the end of that storyline and for several years afterwards. They gave him the most vague, wishy-washy dialogue as Marlena was constantly begging him to try to give their marriage a second chance. Poor Drake have to walk around with a permanent scowl on his face in all of his scenes. It was pretty awful.

That being said, I have to give Tomsell credit for creating a storyline that allowed for Kristen to be a naunced character again. Watching her slowly fall in love with Brady, then go back to her revenge plan, then bond with her brothers genuinely, then enjoy watching Marlena squirm, then feel guilty about the whole thing, then sadly reminisce about the past, then realize she has a new chance for happiness, then move ahead with the revenge plan again anyways....it was delightful. We got to see more than a villainess. We saw a person, and that's how I've always thought of Kristen.

This show is at its worst when it puts people in to cook cookie cutter boxes and reduces them to that label. Rafe is a "hero". Kristen is a "villain". That never ever works.

This take on Kristen is cartoonish and shows no growth whatsoever. They're writing her much the same way they did Orpheus during his last return. If she wasn't such a legacy character, I would be fully expecting Ron to kill her off for good soon once she's outlived their usefulness and shock value. That's what's happened to all the other villains lately.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

That being said, I have to give Tomsell credit for creating a storyline that allowed for Kristen to be a naunced character again. Watching her slowly fall in love with Brady, then go back to her revenge plan, then bond with her brothers genuinely, then enjoy watching Marlena squirm, then feel guilty about the whole thing, then sadly reminisce about the past, then realize she has a new chance for happiness, then move ahead with the revenge plan again anyways....it was delightful. We got to see more than a villainess. We saw a person, and that's how I've always thought of Kristen.

I had no problem with Tomsell giving her layers, but, not at the expense of Jarlena.   It was lazy and offensive writing.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't think there were ever as many layers as you're giving the performance or the writing credit for.

Edited by Sandman
To correct attribution.
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, tribeca said:

In the conversation with Will and Sonny I noticed Sonny never took any credit for the failure of their marriage.  

Like Will's cheating in LA, Sonny's taking their money and investing it and subsequently losing it has apparently never happened, so now Sonny's fault in their marital discord is that he ignored Will and didn't give him a second chance.  I wonder why this has all been changed by the writers?

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

THIS. Oh, lord, this!

You know, Ben may no longer be a raving bloodthirsty maniac, but if he were a decent person, if he truly cared about Ciara, he wouldn't put her in the middle between himself and Hope. I'm not saying Commissioner Fancy Face is good at her job, or anything, but BOllie is just using Ciara as a goad to get at her mother, while he sits back and watches, smirking like a dumbass, eatin' cereal. There's no reason for him to live with Ciara, as far as I can tell. Why does he have to come between her friends, too?

They all make me sick. But there's nothing about Ben's that on the level -- including, I suspect, his "reform."

I agree with your entire take on Ben and the chemistry free Cin relationship--he really enjoys pushing Hope's buttons and playing the martyr to Ciara, and both women are being idiots because of him.

Now onto today's episode:  Guess what kids, we get both Abby, Lani and Julie, the trifecta of suck!

I'm sure the show expects us to be cheering that Abs is starting to doubt Gabi's friendship, but I'm just annoyed Abby isn't suffering more.  And now we have Julie offering her advice about Gabi, which isn't the least bit biased.

Are we supposed to care that Lani and Eli might be getting together because I know I'm completely uninterested in watching two cheaters walk off together into the sunset.

I do love watching Gabi and Chad interact and Gabi slowly digging the knife in about Abs' pregnancy--good times :)

• Love 3

John, kindly be a dear and don't forget to mention that the one and only reason your beloved Doc was shot was in fact thanks to her baby boy Eric linebacker tackling his twin, causing the weapon to discharge unintentionally?

Oh, no? Not going to bother with that, hmmm? Just going to make it seem as if Sami behaves in a questionable manner that got her arrested as if anything that occurred was more than accidental and not at all her fault?

Nice going. 

And way to hand wave Paul's serious condition, Brady acted more like his worried father, sheesh. 

So...the cops saw absolutely no reason whatsoever to have immediately staked out the Dimera mansion the second krazy Kristen escaped the first time? 

And then no one was radioed to zip over there after it was known she'd raced off after the window leap of miraculous timing? 

Sure. Worst police department ever. Hope, how do you still have a job? Rafe, why are you even relevant? 

• Love 12

"Let John and Eric know we're thinking about them" Yeah, I don't give a shit about how Brady feels.

Right, Eli , who cares that Paul's in a coma, it isn't as bad as it looks if Kristen walked away from it.

"I'm getting bigger at sticking the landing."

Abigail: "I know you're my brother and Gabi used to be your girlfriend, but it's all about me, so you have to side with me against her."

Gabi did NOT kidnap Melanie.  She knew about it, true, but no, she didn't kidnap her.

Oh, by the way, John, not only are your wife and your son in the hospital, your best friend was just arrested and carted off ...

• Love 11

Enjoyed today’s show.  

Can someone please bring John a clean shirt?

i kind of like Abigail is on to Gabby and I am totally team G.   Gabby can say whatever she wants to Chad but at the end of the day it’s his decision.  

The scene with Julie and Abby would have worked better if Abby was talking to her mom.  

Brady looks devastated that Paul was hurt.  I hope he stays far away from Kristen. 

Once again I find all scenes with Stefan better when his story does not revolve around Abigail.   

“Why couldn’t be Chad?” 

• Love 3

Awww, the Julie Gabi-hatefest was in full swing. One of these days, lady, Gabi may have to do something nice to help you. Abigail has no business in confiding in Aunt Julie, or whatever she is to her. Maybe Abs can just be slightly overreacting.

Abigail can imagine what she wants about Gabi. She has zero proof of anything. I do enjoy Gabi sticking it to her. She has zero input in to Chad's decisions.

Don't care about Lani and Eli.

An awning broke the fall? Seriously? Both Kristen and Paul should have gone splat.

Stefan has no obligation to his 'sister'.

• Love 5

I mean...this is not a glass house Brady of all people should be throwing stones in.  It also would have been nice if we had seen more of Paul and Brady having a brotherly relationship before the fact of it became a plot point.  That said, I kinda enjoyed him reading Will today, laying out succinctly how Sonny and Will both used Paul as a substitute and discarded/are set to discard him as soon as they don't need him to fill that role anymore.  And yes, Paul himself is not blameless here.  With regards to Will especially, he knew the rug could be pulled out from under him.  But still, I enjoyed that needle being jabbed into the hot air balloon of Will and Sonny's Epic, Forever Love, the kind of shit I got enough of with Rex and Gigi on OLTL.

Also?  Sonny can say he feels bad for Paul, he's worried about Paul, he feels guilty about Paul until he's blue in the face, I don't buy it.  And so clingy already, gah!

• Love 13

So it seems Sonny has leaned absolutely,  positively nothing about not smothering and controlling Will and just allow him a tiny bit of space and thinking room all to himself. 

Sonny behaves like the world's most insecure person in his love life.

His lacking confidence just squeezes the life out of the romance. 

What I find slightly amusing is that Paul, a guy who could carry then both with his own confidence and self assurance would be the perfect partner for a man like Sonny, but instead he clings to someone who proves almost as needy and unsure in love and relationships as him, which of course is a recipe for disaster. 

Will and Sonny both need so much reassurance so regularly and eventually they stop being able to provide the other with that because they crave it all for themselves, IMO. 

John, stop getting in the way of Marlena's treatment or she will,  in fact, die. 

Val was careful to make no promises she knew she could not for sure guarantee, that was a realistic touch, good to see. 

As for the rest...no comment. I was too bored and disinterested to be bothered.

• Love 4

Brady needs to shut up, that was not his place. It seems like everybody is pressuring Will. He has Sonny who is smothering him and now Brady who sucks at relationships making him feel guilty for wanting to be with Sonny. Will should wait before telling Paul, but, he needs to tell Paul the truth.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

I greatly enjoyed it, because when one thinks about Brady's own history, he was the perfect person to read Will for filth.  He's been in Paul's position several times before, and all of those times, Nicole was in Will's.  She used him as a substitute for E.J., Deimos, and Eric, and all of those times ended in heartbreak for him.  He knows how that feels and understands completely how Paul is going to feel, too.  So for that, I am totally in support of ripping Will to shreds.

On the flip side, as someone who's been in Paul's shoes, Brady should know that nothing good can come from forcing Will to delay the inevitable.  I think him imploring Will to actually think it through first was fair - for all his "I know what I want!" claims, it's been like six minutes since Will's memories came back, and Sonny was in his face for five of those minutes - but if he does and he decides to go through with it, better for Brady to let Will rip that Band-Aid and then be there for his brother.

Though I'm sure once the truth about Eve comes out, Brady will go on a bender and forget he even has a brother.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13

Abigail has no business being shirty with Gabi. Loving the Gabi beat down.

Brady needs to read about glass houses.

Gee, Lani and Eli actually know about the tunnels under the DiMansion and want to search them.  I'm shocked.

Damn, Drake!

Why did they rerun that whole long damn scene with Eli and Lani not being able to read Lani's handwriting?  That was ... strange.

When Stefan told Kristen that he wasn't going to let her put him in jeopardy, the scene ended with this weird drum riff.  What was that?  it sounded like somebody dropped some trash.

• Love 5

Shut up blockhead Brady.

Paul/Will/Sonny should become a threesome.

The lengths the writers will go to to try and give Sami a new enemy is ridiculous, and over Rafe no less, is even worse.  Move on Hope.  I get it.  Sami is the most horrible person on the face of the Earth, and no one else in Salem has ever done anything remotely wrong, much less committed a crime.  Sami had sex with Rafe after you dumped him.  That is clearly the end of the world.

• Love 9

So all, have you heard? 

EJ was the love of Sami's Life.   I think maybe there are 2 or 3 characters on canvas who have not reminded us of this fact at least twice this week.

Edited by Stella Rose
Spelling
  • Love 13

Is there one person -- ONE -- in this entire ferkakte town whose primary employment isn't maintaining the estate of their own self-pity?

Really, Kristen's only the most enraging and foolish example -- but she's hardly alone. If I were a Salemite, I'd make "Shut Up, Bonehead Black" t-shirts, and have a little concession stand in Horton Square. (Of course, the back would have to read "You, Too, Julie! (God.)")

7 minutes ago, Stella Rose said:

So all, have you heard?  EJ was the love of Sami's Life.   I think maybe there are 2 or 3 characters on canvas who have not reminded us of this.

And I think a couple of those holdouts might be dead.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5

Brady reading Will was enjoyable. It being Brady who did it made it even more enjoyable really because it was just so absurdly hypocritical that it was hilarious.

I liked the Stefan/Kristen scenes. Whatever, sue me! Although honestly I couldn't hear half of what they were saying most of the time.

Gabi continues to be my everything.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Stella Rose said:

So all, have you heard?  EJ was the love of Sami's Life.   I think maybe there are 2 or 3 characters on canvas who have not reminded us of this.

Man alive, I felt bludgeoned over the head with that stupid phrase. I thought for a second that EJ's name had legally been changed to "love of my life."

Shut up, Brady! Shut up! Perhaps you want to cast your memory back a few months and recall how you were going to get back together with Theresa when she came back and then dumped her with no regard for the pain and suffering she had gone through for months. You are not anyone who should be lecturing anyone about crushing someone's heart.

And I'm already sick to death of Will and Sonny being made to look like callous villains because they want to be together. Neither Will or Sonny asked for Will to be almost killed by Ben and then injected with some serum that wiped his memory and for him to then be kidnapped/brainwashed by Susan. Sonny didn't ask Ben to interrupt his wedding to Paul with news of his husband still being alive. Was he still supposed to go through with the wedding knowing his freakin' husband could still be alive (which would make the wedding pointless anyway.)

And, I'm sorry, but I care fuck all about good guy Paul's feelings here. He was not some innocent victim of Sonny or Will's. Didn't Sonny and Paul basically get back together literally on Will's grave? Paul knew damn well Sonny was grieving his husband and he was more than likely a rebound guy but he still went all into that relationship. His actions with Will are even dumber. He had just been dumped by Sonny so he could get back together with Will and the only reason that didn't work out was that Will didn't have his memories back. Paul decided to roll the dice and get together with his ex-fiance's ex-husband. You know what happens when you gamble? Sometimes you lose. And, it was so stupid of both Will and Paul to act like because Will got a couple of memories back and his feelings didn't return that they were all in the clear. Both of them should have realized how things could change once all of WIll's memories returned. I also don't feel too bad for Paul given it took him two seconds to get over the "devastation" of losing Sonny. Maybe he can go and find another ex of Sonny's to get together with after he gets his heart broken again since he seems to love being someone's sloppy seconds.

• Love 14

Is Brady an ass and raging hypocrite? Yup. Just as most of Salem is. But - and I say this as one that generally hates retconned characters/family members - I was okay with his treatment of Will because, well, Paul is his brother. Blood, and all that.

I'm well aware that "bond" will be fleeting, but then, that can be said for almost any relationship on this show. So, while Brady may not have been the best choice to go after Will, I got his motivation, so I was okay with it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

And I'm already sick to death of Will and Sonny being made to look like callous villains because they want to be together. Neither Will or Sonny asked for Will to be almost killed by Ben and then injected with some serum that wiped his memory and for him to then be kidnapped/brainwashed by Susan. Sonny didn't ask Ben to interrupt his wedding to Paul with news of his husband still being alive. Was he still supposed to go through with the wedding knowing his freakin' husband could still be alive (which would make the wedding pointless anyway.)

And, I'm sorry, but I care fuck all about good guy Paul's feelings here. He was not some innocent victim of Sonny or Will's. Didn't Sonny and Paul basically get back together literally on Will's grave? Paul knew damn well Sonny was grieving his husband and he was more than likely a rebound guy but he still went all into that relationship. His actions with Will are even dumber. He had just been dumped by Sonny so he could get back together with Will and the only reason that didn't work out was that Will didn't have his memories back. Paul decided to roll the dice and get together with his ex-fiance's ex-husband. You know what happens when you gamble? Sometimes you lose. And, it was so stupid of both Will and Paul to act like because Will got a couple of memories back and his feelings didn't return that they were all in the clear. Both of them should have realized how things could change once all of WIll's memories returned. I also don't feel too bad for Paul given it took him two seconds to get over the "devastation" of losing Sonny. Maybe he can go and find another ex of Sonny's to get together with after he gets his heart broken again since he seems to love being someone's sloppy seconds.

tenor.gif?itemid=5833390

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Is Brady an ass and raging hypocrite? Yup. Just as most of Salem is. But - and I say this as one that generally hates retconned characters/family members - I was okay with his treatment of Will because, well, Paul is his brother. Blood, and all that.

I'm well aware that "bond" will be fleeting, but then, that can be said for almost any relationship on this show. So, while Brady may not have been the best choice to go after Will, I got his motivation, so I was okay with it.

Will is also his nephew, he has known Will much longer than retcon Paul.  I had a problem with his treatment of Will. Paul always gets favorable writing over Wilson. 

• Love 8

Regardless of how stupid the writing is, I'm still enjoying watching Stacy Haiduk.  I wonder what it was like acting opposite Tyler Christopher. He seems like such a bland scene partner.  If someone was paying attention, they'd try to incorporate some humor into their scenes.  

Whatever happened to Vivian?  Why isn't she following Stefan around the DiMera mansion anymore?  

Gabi going off about Saint Abigail made me think she could be posting on this board.  

• Love 8

Everyone makes excellent points about Brady.  I also think Brady feels guilty and responsible for Paul being hurt.    

It does seem like Paul is Wilson place holder and a part of him has to know it. 

Gaby and Abigail’s scenes were so enjoyable.   

Kristin and Stefan were very hard to hear but I find them interesting.   The whole time Eli and Lani were looking around demira mansion I was thinking they have no right to do that without a warrant       

John hit Brady a little too hard.     

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

I've been good with Paul being favored over them, because after Nick basically got sacrificed at their altar, I've pretty much relished in every bad thing that's happened to Will and Sonny.  As individuals, I'm generally fine with them.  But as a couple, they suck.

Nick was sacrificed for Melanie...

• Love 5

Sonny is so insufferable. I used to love this character, now I just want someone to punch him in his smug face.

Please,  tell me we're not about to get some lame "Marlena needs a lung transplant, who can we kill to give her one?" storyline.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Garnett7 said:

Please,  tell me we're not about to get some lame "Marlena needs a lung transplant, who can we kill to give her one?" storyline.

I vote for Brady. ANYTHING that will shut him up.

4 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Question of the day: how did Kristen not fall out of her dress when she fell out of that window?

She must have been in one of Marlena's bras.  They gotta be made out of cast iron.

• Love 12

Paul should have stayed with Derrick when he had the chance.

Also, does anyone else remember that young guy who once tried to pursue Paul to no avail because he was, sadly, hung up on Sonny?

There were so many wasted opportunities with this show actually allowing its' gay characters to live outside of that teeny tiny bubble that existed between Will and Sonny and Paul.

I don't care to have Paul stay with either Will or Sonny so another incoming breakup is long overdue, I just wish he was the one, finally, making the decision to leave.

And frankly I have never thought it was worth much to put Will and Sonny together for longer than a few weeks at a time.

They just don't fit together, IMO, in any real interesting way and the actors have never managed to sell me on the romantic angle.

And today just reminded me of how painful it was to watch Will and Sonny their first go around "in love". 

I don't think I have more than one couple left on screen to root for or even can stomach at this stage. 

• Love 3

I just can't with Brady, even on the rare occasion that he's right.  He's like a broken clock that's right twice a day, though Brady has never been even that consistent.

So he's now the voice of wisdom on how to treate someone you've fallen out of love with?  Hmmmm......let's give Theresa a call.  And Nicole.  Hell, even Kristen.  The man has been a major dickhead to anyone who has ever "disappointed" him, or even deviated from what HE thinks a person should do/think/associate with.  He's a boneheaded bully.

Getting relationship "advice" from Brady is akin to going to Julie to find out how to get along with people, asking Hope to describe what being impartial in dispensing justice is like, or checking with Rafe to find out what it feels like to be smart.  Start over.

Getting in Will's face, looming over him with his hairless gym-bro bully beef is the usual with him, be it men or women.  He always gives off a physically threatening vibe, he's even done it to Maggie.  Maybe he could pay at least the minimal amount of attention to his own failings for once and draw back from sticking his shiny Rudolph nose in other people's business.  

Besides, did the dickhead think Will was going to march in, ask Paul to be woken up so he could dump him in his hospital bed?

I dislike Paul a lot less than I did when he first appeared in town, similar to the way I like Sonny less than I did when he first came to town.  But Sparkle STILL did his damnest to get with Sonny while he was playing that grating "straight" bro crap, and it took him about 12 times to take NO for an answer.  Then, he gets involved with Will after Sonny unceremoniously dumped him.  He does remind me of his brother Brady in the way that he, like Dumbo, goes out of his way to find the worst possible person to invest emotionally in.  

But none of them even approach the level of Awful that Brady's been perched on for years now.  

STFU, Brady.  Go home and spend a lazy night gazing in your mirror.

Edited by boes
  • Love 18
28 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

The first time, and it took me a long time before I was ever willing to give Melanie a fair chance.  The second time was for Will add Sonny.  And while I do think that Will has paid his due karma for that, Sunny definitely hasn't.

I hated Melanie, she was just like her dad, people had to be destroyed to make them palatable. I too loved Nick before he lost his mind.  I hated what was done to him the second time. Nick in character would never have been a homophobe.  He was such a unique character and I loved his romance with Chelsea.  I also loved his sibling relationship with Ashley Benson's Abigail.   

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Not much to add to today's discussion. I liked everyone's posts!

I also liked Gabi reading Abigail the riot act and admitting she hated her. Was Abigail expecting that Gabs would just move on within a few minutes? Abigail really hasn't done much to make any sort of amends to Gabi.  Just forgive St. Abs for what she has done. She wasn't well.  Time to take some responsibility. I don't agree with Gabi's methods, but it is a means to an end and a bit of justice for her.

Eli and Lani have zero business searching the DiMera mansion unless they have evidence that Kristen is there. I don't know if the tunnels are public and anyone can access them.

Did agree with Brady telling Will he's had his memory back for all of five minutes. Takes one to know one. Sonny really isn't the best catch and unless they deal with their stuff, breakup #2 will happen and there will be another Paul. Surely Paul could do better than either WIll or Sonny.

• Love 6