Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

With Melissa Reeves and Arianne Zucker following right behind him. (Still think Dan and MR's obvious preference for that mess is what caused Matt Ashford's last exit.)

Exactly! I remember how she basically told us Jack and Jennifer fans to kick rocks and that Dannifer was the future.  She was very nasty to the fans.

• Love 5
(edited)

Has a serial killer ever been redeemed on a soap opera before? I feel like this is a new rare first on a soap opera. Like what am I watching?

They should have never made Ben a serial killer, because I feel this is one of the weirdest storylines I've ever watched. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

Okay, Claire walloping Ben with that frying pan was really frickin' funny to me.  I kinda hope it becomes a recurring gag, that every time she sees him, she goes "Ack!" and whacks him with whatever's convenient.

And after a one-episode reprieve, I'm back to needing Eve to shut up.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, bantering said:

Has a serial killer ever been redeemed on a soap opera before? I feel like this is a new rare first on a soap opera.

The prime example is of course Franco on "General Hospital", and he killed like a gazillion people compared to Ben plus his rape-y shenanigans with Sam and Michael.  But now he's Liz's cuddly love interest.  And I'll say, Ron is doing a much better job here with Ben than he did with Franco.

There's also, and I'm not sure if he was a serial killer, Johnathan Lavery from "All My Children".  He killed at least two people and tried to kill some more, but then they gave him a tumor and then put him with Lily Montgomery, which was sooo gross.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The prime example is of course Franco on "General Hospital", and he killed like a gazillion people compared to Ben plus his rape-y shenanigans with Sam and Michael.  But now he's Liz's cuddly love interest.  And I'll say, Ron is doing a much better job here with Ben than he did with Franco.

There's also, and I'm not sure if he was a serial killer, Johnathan Lavery from "All My Children".  He killed at least two people and tried to kill some more, but then they gave him a tumor and then put him with Lily Montgomery, which was sooo gross.

Oh, so I guess there's a precedent for this.

This is all bizarre to me. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

OMG, Jonathan Lavery....."They cut the bad out" Lavery.  The SECOND worst Lavery in the universe.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, boes said:

OMG, Jonathan Lavery....."They cut the bad out" Lavery.  The SECOND worst Lavery in the universe.

The actor was nice looking, though...

Ryan was the worst Lavery and his awful romance with Greenlee was as bad as Dannifer.  

Babe and her mother were the worst female characters ever on the show. So many characters were sacrificed for them.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Please, Ben, press charges.

"We threw punches because we were in love."  Er, okaaaaayyyyy

God, Claire is the worst.

How is Victor going to learn a lesson, Maggie, when you keep letting him off the hook?

I still don't understand what Eric had to apologize for.

• Love 4
(edited)

I loled so hard when Claire hit Ben with a frying pan. Claire in general was a laugh riot today.

Back into Ben/Ciara tbh. Whatever!

Eve had some good lines and faces, but she still sucks. In general, the Jennifer/Eve/Victor scenes were pretty fun.

I fast forwarded everything else.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
On 7/28/2018 at 1:00 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Doctor Daniel should have been the killer.  It should have been revealed that he had been killing patients for years in Salem and elsewhere.  I would have even tied Grace's death to him. He killed her. He was her doctor at the time of her quick death. 

Serena discovered the truth and had to be killed. He saw Paige at the hospital and mistakenly thought that she had discovered the truth.  So, he killed her.  He would attack Marlena because she was hired to set up a profile in the murder cases.  She probably became suspicious of him. Will and Jennifer would have gotten involved investigating and writing about the suspicious deaths at the hospital. Daniel would slowly be poisoning Nicole as revenge for Nicole having slept with Eric. She and Eric slept together when they were locked up in that furnace by Xander.  Nicole would have had her miracle baby, by Eric.  Her son Evan Nicholas Brady.  

I love this as a scenario. It makes the killings more substantive and for lack of a better word, interesting. The problem as I saw it when the show decided to make Ben the killer was that it was what Days has consistently done so poorly at, writing plot points.

Ben was made the killer to make him the villain in a scenario (Abby screwing Chad behind his back and passing off another man’s child as his) where he should have been if not the victim, at least the party worthy of the most sympathy. Sadly, the show’s refusal, which continues to this day, to declare the utterly despicable Abby as the villain she has long shown herself to be, created this mess. As much as the show wanted to get rid of Guy and the character of Will, TPTB knew that even if the actor was not especially well liked, the character of Will was largely loved because of his multi-year presence on the show as a legacy child/grandchild, and to ensure that Ben would be reviled, he brutally murdered Will. No room for sympathy there, and Abby walks away from this unscathed. Understand, I am not blaming Abby for Ben becoming a killer, rather, I am saying the show made Ben the killer to allow Abby to be held unaccountable and play the wounded victim yet again (we currently see this same scenario being played out with Gabe). What I will say is that as a viewer who returned mere months before the murders began, I saw the RSW had potential and thought it was a mistake for him to be made the killer. The show is currently trying to correct this, but I agree, the crimes he committed against the people he committed and the brutal way the crimes were presented likely means that Ben will ultimately made the villain again.

• Love 11

oh god, I HATED Jonathan Lavery. he was sooo annoying, he had this weird verbal tic where he said Ryan's name about three times per sentence when he was talking to him. 

• Love 2

Claire, do be careful with the frying pan. Unless Ben was looking to harm Ciara, you really should not have clonked him. It was funny, but Ciara was not in any trouble.  Ben, eventually, you will need to start to press charges against folks for attacking you. Maybe some is justified, but if you did the same to them, you would be at Statesville. Salemites, a former serial killer and still to be determined if he is still that way, has been released from jail/psych ward. Lots of people are for their crimes. It would be up to Eve and others to seek a restraining order against him.

Eve, the whole drug thing will come back and bite you. You had some redeeming moments when you encountered Ben, but you are still a selfish, self-absorbed woman.

Maggie, Victor is not going to learn or change until he faces a real consequence for his actions.

• Love 8
On ‎2018‎-‎07‎-‎26 at 9:36 AM, Apprentice79 said:

I am not the biggest Hope fan, but, I don't know no mother who would be comfortable with their daughter chasing after a serial killer.  The show needs to build up their heroes, instead of redeeming a serial killer. There are certain crimes that a person does that should get you shunned by society. I feel no sympathy for Ben, none, whatsoever.. Who will speak for his victims and their families? 

I despise Abigail and she should be in a mental hospital for the rest of her life. 

Bo was more of a rebel than a stereotypical bad boy. He came from a solid working class Irish American family. He had issues with his dad, like a lot of young adults do.  They were able to work through it, relationships are complicated. The Parent/Child bond is one that lasts a lifetime and it is always evolving. 

When I started watching Show Hope was physically assaulting Bo and maybe other people.  She ended up in jail and then was released.  She also murdered Stefano, then covered it up.  I don't if that compares with serial killer crimes, but she did, as I recall, go after innocent people.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

Ben was made the killer to make him the villain in a scenario (Abby screwing Chad behind his back and passing off another man’s child as his) where he should have been if not the victim, at least the party worthy of the most sympathy. Sadly, the show’s refusal, which continues to this day, to declare the utterly despicable Abby as the villain she has long shown herself to be, created this mess. As much as the show wanted to get rid of Guy and the character of Will, TPTB knew that even if the actor was not especially well liked, the character of Will was largely loved because of his multi-year presence on the show as a legacy child/grandchild, and to ensure that Ben would be reviled, he brutally murdered Will. No room for sympathy there, and Abby walks away from this unscathed. Understand, I am not blaming Abby for Ben becoming a killer, rather, I am saying the show made Ben the killer to allow Abby to be held unaccountable and play the wounded victim yet again (we currently see this same scenario being played out with Gabe). What I will say is that as a viewer who returned mere months before the murders began, I saw the RSW had potential and thought it was a mistake for him to be made the killer. The show is currently trying to correct this, but I agree, the crimes he committed against the people he committed and the brutal way the crimes were presented likely means that Ben will ultimately made the villain again.

Brilliant assessment of the situation, but I'm still hoping Ben will continue to grow and not retreat to villian status. I know, party of one on the Ben train leaving now....

• Love 13

A woman falling for a serial killer is too unrealistic, imo. Especially someone who is the daughter of a police officer.

Maybe they should make it so that this guy is Ben's long-lost twin brother who thinks he's Ben. 

I realize the Dimeras have done mob hits, but it's so rarely referenced I forget that they kill for a living. But with Ben they're explicit about his serial killing. I'm just like "Why" every time Ciara in his vicinity. She KNOWS he's a serial killer. When Sami fell for EJ, he was going by a different identity and no one knew he was a Dimera until it was too late to get rid of the feelings. Here, I'm thinking to myself "Why would you fall for a serial killer who everybody knows is a serial killer?" And when Sami did find out who EJ was, she had the good sense to look scared. She probably would have kept running if she had not fallen pregnant by him -- she had no choice but to make her relationship with him work. But here you're willing to be alone in an apartment with a guy who has killed multiple women in gruesome ways, and you DON'T actually have to be alone with him? WTF.

• Love 4
(edited)
18 minutes ago, bantering said:

I realize the Dimeras have done mob hits, but it's so rarely referenced I forget that they kill for a living. But with Ben they're explicit about his serial killing. I'm just like "Why" every time Ciara in his vicinity. She KNOWS he's a serial killer. When Sami fell for EJ, he was going by a different identity and no one knew he was a Dimera until it was too late to get rid of the feelings. Here, I'm thinking to myself "Why would you fall for a serial killer who everybody knows is a serial killer?" And when Sami did find out who EJ was, she had the good sense to look scared. She probably would have kept running if she had not fallen pregnant by him -- she had no choice but to make her relationship with him work. But here you're willing to be alone in an apartment with a guy who has killed multiple women in gruesome ways, and you DON'T actually have to be alone with him? WTF.

Well, he helped her when she was in a bad place and injured, so she feels appreciative of him for that. Also, she seems willing to believe that he was mentally ill and that he has rehabilitated. I mean, it doesn't make a lot of real life sense, but a lot of stuff on soaps doesn't make real life sense. They've made it make sense in the context of the show though imo.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, MsTree said:

Brilliant assessment of the situation, but I'm still hoping Ben will continue to grow and not retreat to villian status. I know, party of one on the Ben train leaving now....

I'm sort of on the train with you.  I wasn't watching at the time but wasn't Andre a serial killer?  At one time even Marlena was a serial killer!  (I know they weren't "really" dead but she still committed some pretty brutal murders.)  No one ran screaming or hit them with a frying pan every time they entered a room.  If they can be redeemed why can't Ben - especially since he is showing actual remorse - not "oopsy Stefano made me do it."  Add that to the fact that the list of people who haven't killed someone (or at least tried real hard) is probably far shorter than the list of those who have and I don't really get it.  I'm not saying it should be hand waved away (even though every one else's is) I'm just saying give the guy a chance.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, he helped her when she was in a bad place and injured, so she feels appreciative of him for that. Also, she seems willing to believe that he was mentally ill and that he has rehabilitated. I mean, it doesn't make a lot of real life sense, but a lot of stuff on soaps doesn't make real life sense. They've made it make sense in the context of the show though imo.

The thing with Ben is that the serial killer stuff is actually referenced, so you're reminded of it constantly. Everyone on this show has killed by accident or unintentionally or because of some other weird defence, but to serial kill requires a different level of suspension of disbelief. 

I think you also have to believe that mental illness can cause serial killing, which I don't, so that's another reason why it's hard to suspend disbelief.  Mental illness may lead some individuals to kill one person where they're pushed over the edge and snap, but to do it in a serial fashion isn't usually connected to mental illness, but something else altogether (i.e sociopathy?).  

There's too much required of me as a viewer to think any woman wouldn't run screaming from Ben. The easiest way to make this storyline work is to have never made Ben a serial killer in the first place, if they intended to bring him back. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

I also remember the cold way Ben told Eve her daughter was worm food.  

I was not watching when Andre was the serial killer but i always found him a little creepy.  

• Love 2

I wonder if people thought it was weird that Marlena was a serial killer, but we didn't have message board forums to go WTF.

To be honest, I forgot  (or didn't know) Marlena was a serial killer (was she possessed by the devil? Was it during that time?)

I could forget Ben is a serial killer if the show would make me forget like they did with Marlena, but when he's being confronted by people like Eve for killing the daughter, it's hard to forget. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

That's kinda me. 

It also helps that I saw Ron attempt this VERY BADLY with Franco on "General Hospital" and can appreciate how much better this take is.  They're playing out beats, it's not all "Look at these DVD's that show I was just kidding/I have a tumor so shut up" excuses.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, bantering said:

I wonder if people thought it was weird that Marlena was a serial killer, but we didn't have message board forums to go WTF.

To be honest, I forgot  (or didn't know) Marlena was a serial killer (was she possessed by the devil? Was it during that time?)

I could forget Ben is a serial killer if the show would make me forget like they did with Marlena, but when he's being confronted by people like Eve for killing the daughter, it's hard to forget. 

Actually, there were message boards on AOL via dial-up!  (Yes, I'm old.)  I remember at the time, they had actually fired a lot of the vets and were going to make the murders stick.  They had to re-hire them and make it all a plot because people could not get over the brutality of poor old Alice begging for her life.  I could be wrong about this, but I believe they actually had Marlena giggling.   I wasn't really watching then either but they just made it a Stefano plot - Melaswen.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bantering said:

Marlena was brainwashed by Andre and all of those deaths were reversed..

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, bantering said:

A woman falling for a serial killer is too unrealistic, imo. Especially someone who is the daughter of a police officer.

The serial killers in real life have had women loving and marrying them. These women are usually mentally ill themselves.  Charles Manson got fan mail in prison.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Marlena was brainwashed by Andre and all of those deaths were reversed..

This is a soap.  If you can buy brainwashing, computer chips, long distance goggles, and possession by the devil you should be able to buy a mental disorder.  Especially when everyone else's crimes are "explained"

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The serial killers in real life have had women loving and marrying them. These women are usually mentally ill themselves.  Charles Manson got fan mail in prison.

Yes, but there's no indication Ciara is mentally ill herself. Unless maybe that's where this storyline is going?

• Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, bantering said:

Yes, but there's no indication Ciara is mentally ill herself. Unless maybe that's where this storyline is going?

True.   Ron wants us to sympathize with Ben. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Okay, Claire walloping Ben with that frying pan was really frickin' funny to me.  I kinda hope it becomes a recurring gag, that every time she sees him, she goes "Ack!" and whacks him with whatever's convenient.

And after a one-episode reprieve, I'm back to needing Eve to shut up.

Claire's hitting Ben made sense--she knows he's a serial killer who has attacked two members of her family and as far she was concerned, Ciara was about to be the third.  I also liked that she went straight to Hope--Claire's being a good niece, trying to help her emotionally stilted aunt.  And seriously, doesn't Hope realize that the more she objects to Ben, the harder Ciara's going to dig in her heels because as we all know, Ciara doesn't like to be told what to do.

As much as I hate Eve, I did like her realizing that Nicole will always be a sore spot in the Eric/Jenn romance because Jenn knows that Eric would drop her in a minute for Nicole.  That must sting.

Marlena and John were cracking me up at their going over their RSVP's--of course all of the Hortons got a mention and then her pause wondering why Sami hasn't responded yet,  And we also got a Kristin mention--foreshadowing perhaps? :)

• Love 7
(edited)
5 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Marlena and John were cracking me up at their going over their RSVP's--of course all of the Hortons got a mention and then her pause wondering why Sami hasn't responded yet,  And we also got a Kristin mention--foreshadowing perhaps? :)

I am a minority in saying this, but, why are Jarlena having a big wedding. After everything that they have gone through, a small intimate wedding would be ideal.  Perhaps they go to the Justice of the peace in the early afternoon and have a party later for everybody to attend.. I would never say this on twitter because the Jarlena fans would be sending hate tweets my way...lol Out of all the fan bases, they are the most rabid...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am a minority in saying this, but, why are Jarlena having a big wedding.

Because this is a soap opera lol?  Their wedding will be a nice backdrop for soapy shenanigans like, based on today's foreshadow-y crumbs,

Spoiler

the returns of Sami and Kristen

Hope and Rafe's misery about Ciara and Ben continues to give me life.

So is this

Spoiler

Steve's exit, going to look for Bonnie?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Because this is a soap opera lol?  Their wedding will be a nice backdrop for soapy shenanigans like, based on today's foreshadow-y crumbs,

Spoiler

the returns of Sami and Kristen.

They have had more than 3 weddings.. Their best wedding was their 99 wedding with all of their 5 kids in attendance represented by a flower. I doubt this wedding will able to top that one..

• Love 2
(edited)

Why does it have to top any of them?  All it has to do is, as I said, be a backdrop for soapy shenanigans happening now.  And I like the set-up spinning from it, like with Eric/Brady/Eve/Jen/Nicole.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, tribeca said:

I was not watching when Andre was the serial killer but i always found him a little creepy.  

Good point bringing Andre up since he was also a serial killer that they brought back and expected people to accept. Ben's story here is not really new.

5 hours ago, bantering said:

They don't want us to forget obviously. Which I think is kind of the way to go. It'd be much worse if they brought him back and then just pretended like he wasn't a serial killer, like they did with Andre. (And Franco on GH, but that's a whole nother can of worms.)

Ugh, I love Ben/Ciara. I just like this whole story right now, minus Rafe, of course lol.

I think I fast forwarded almost everything else because I was in a hurry.

• Love 6

I haven't really been watching much all summer. In fact, the last show I remember watching, was when Ciara woke up and the cabin was on fire.  So sometime back in June, I guess.

Anyway, I did watch most of yesterday and today.  And I still like Cin. They're the first new couple since I started watching again back in 2014, that I find ooze chemistry.  And I find myself rooting for them, the way I did back in the 80's with all the super couples.  I do wish Ben wasn't a serial killer, but like has already been mentioned, it's a soap, and almost everyone has killed at least one person.  So that in itself is not like the real world.  Even Tripp killed that ISA agent, and tried to kill(?) or blackmail Kayla. So it's not like he's the squeaky clean boy next door.   So as long as Ben is remorseful, I can get on board the Cin train.

The rest of the show was ok. 

• Love 7

Eve is the worst.   I felt bad for Jennifer today.   

Mom is visiting and gave up soaps long ago.  Funny when she saw Adrienne she said look it’s Beth (from guiding light ).   

• Love 4
8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Actually, there were message boards on AOL via dial-up!  (Yes, I'm old.)  I remember at the time, they had actually fired a lot of the vets and were going to make the murders stick.  They had to re-hire them and make it all a plot because people could not get over the brutality of poor old Alice begging for her life.  I could be wrong about this, but I believe they actually had Marlena giggling.   I wasn't really watching then either but they just made it a Stefano plot - Melaswen.

Ha! Yes, I also remember posting on AOL about soaps before TWoP came about and added soap discussion threads to its website.

But in the case of Marlena the serial killer, I definitely remember us TWoPers posting about the storyline.

DH said in an interview that when she was told Marlena was the serial killer, she asked if it was Stefano, if it was a twin, if she was being brainwashed - all the usual DAYS stuff - and was told no, it's Marlena. But yeah, they ended up retconning everything, rehiring people and creating Melaswen. God, I remember how hard we laughed at the SFX when Marlena's coffin zoomed through the earth to Melaswen.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

Ha! Yes, I also remember posting on AOL about soaps before TWoP came about and added soap discussion threads to its website.

But in the case of Marlena the serial killer, I definitely remember us TWoPers posting about the storyline.

DH said in an interview that when she was told Marlena was the serial killer, she asked if it was Stefano, if it was a twin, if she was being brainwashed - all the usual DAYS stuff - and was told no, it's Marlena. But yeah, they ended up retconning everything, rehiring people and creating Melaswen. God, I remember how hard we laughed at the SFX when Marlena's coffin zoomed through the earth to Melaswen.

I still remember the Friday that revealed Marlena was the killer. It was epic. We had no idea if it was Samantha, Hattie, one of the Marlena clones, that Stefano created or Marlena herself..

I am glad that they retconned it.. It would have been a spit in the face to the Marlena fans... The murders were very disturbing. Cassie's, Maggie's and Alice's were ghastly and cruel.

I do wonder what would have been the explanation for Marlena going crazy. Did those missing years affect her psyche more than we were let on to believe. Did those years treating unstable patients affect her as well?  Did the devil leave some evil in her,  that germinated, after her possession? So many possibilities...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Damn!  I'm not really a fan of Ben and Ciara as a couple, or Ciara at all, but Hope and Rafe are the worst.  I understand Hope being frantic about Ciara making the ultimate bad choice of hanging around with a serial killer, but this is just Rafe as usual, being a complete, condescending, asshole.  He's either being this kind of a jackass, or being a bossy jackass and today he got to be both.  Yea for us.

Rafe is the worst.  I prefer Ben to him.

• Love 18

Interesting that Nicole, Sami, and Kristen are all being mentioned!

Surprised that no one from the Bionics company has come to see Steve and talk to him about their technology. I'd also think they'd have their PR folks do a story on him - heck, it should make the papers!

Hope, leave your adult daughter alone. No excuse to go guns blazing in to her apartment. There was no 911 call, no anything. Both you and Rafe are insufferable.

Ben has behaved appropriately and hasn't done anything wrong. Most of the Salemites have committed one crime or another.  The only redeeming thing Rafe did was give information about a homeless shelter. Realistically Ben should be in some psych halfway house, where he has a place to stay, he has food to eat, he takes his meds, he gets counselling, he talks to the folks at Statesville, and he gets the support to look for a meaningful job - even if it is cleaning up garbage or washing dishes.

Missed the part why Adrienne wants to find Bonnie. Adrienne's hair looked a little too short and a big aging.

Good for Eve for filling Jenn in on everything you wanted to know about Nicole, Eric, and Brady but were too afraid to ask.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, boes said:

Rafe is the worst.  I prefer Ben to him.

Same. And I'm seeing a lot of people saying the same thing. I mean, Rafe always sucked but it takes a special kind of asshole to have people rooting for a murderer over you.

• Love 15

If Ben somehow killed Rafe, I may able to let bygones be bygones in terms of Ben's past. That's where I'm at. And if Hope has no other option than to be shackled to him, make it a twofer. And that pains me to say because I once really loved Hope, damn it.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

If Ben somehow killed Rafe, I may able to let bygones be bygones in terms of Ben's past. That's where I'm at. And if Hope has no other option than to be shackled to him, make it a twofer. And that pains me to say because I once really loved Hope, damn it.

Something is definitely wrong when the heroes are reviled and a serial killer who murdered people is more likeable...

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Something is definitely wrong when the heroes are reviled and a serial killer who murdered people is more likeable...

True, but Days hasn't really had heroes in years.  The good guys and the bad guys do the exact same things.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

True, but Days hasn't really had heroes in years.  The good guys and the bad guys do the exact same things.

That is the problem..  Everybody does evil, so, nobody has the moral high ground to judge someone else..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, bantering said:

What was Ben diagnosed with?

He was never diagnosed. It is obvious that Ben was picked to be a serial killer without any concrete plans by Dena and Josh. The serial killer story was Ken Corday's idea that he had proposed to Tomsell, the previous writers who were fired. It was Dena that lobbied for Will to be killed off.  Guy confirmed that at a fan event. It was all Dena's idea. It is why he had the middle finger pointed at the camera, when Gabi found Will's corpse. It was Guy's silent protest at what was done to Will.. Astute viewers picked up on that and he confirmed on social media why he did that..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

As posted above, Daniel should have been the serial killer.  He had worn out his welcome in Salem, or at least among many viewers, plus there was that scene when he was creepily leaning over Marlena (I think) in the hospital bed after she'd been attacked.  Making Ben the killer was good for the shock affect but, as we're seeing now, makes it harder to bring him back on the show as a romantic prospect.  

Watched again today. Third day in a row.  Again, it was ok. But the main thing I kept thinking as I sat sweltering in the hot July temps, was why is everyone wearing long sleeves!  I know they tape 6 months in advance, but surely someone has a calendar handy so they know when shows will be airing.  I suppose come November they'll be wandering around the Horton Square in tank tops and sleeveless dresses!  ?

• Love 7