Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I don't care that the Hortons are supportive of Lani, I care that the Hortons pick and choose who they are supportive of and who they talk down to.  If Lani's cheating on JJ and getting pregnant with Eli's baby is such a private matter, then Theresa's leaving Brady and Tate should also be private but instead we have Hortons (Jennifer, Maggie) making nasty comments to Theresa.   I do get that this is Valerie's first grandchild, but she doesn't have to be practically cooing over Lani to show her support.

And when I said Theresa's loved ones, I meant Eve and Brady specifically and not her family that she barely interacts with (Kayla, Roman), and let's not forget that when Kayla speaks of Theresa, she doesn't exactly use loving tones either--much like Kayla not seeming to care that Sami was cheated on, Kayla's not always behind her Brady relatives.  And I'm not sure why Theresa is being pointed out for not reacting to Bo's death--did Kim and Shane even show up for the funeral?  

Agreed.  And I noticed the other day that Roman didn't know a thing about what Theresa had been through, which made literally no sense.  Caroline is supposed to be out in California with Kim and Shane and it surpasses belief that she doesn't know, that she wouldn't have talked to Roman about it - the son who is in the same town as Theresa, the son who was a cop, about a granddaughter she cares deeply about.  It makes even less sense that Kim and Shane wouldn't have clued Roman in on the whole thing once Theresa was freed.

It's almost as nonsensical as Kim and Shane not dropping everything and rushing to her side in Salem.

Julie's bias is almost old news - it's "dear Nick" and mostly, "Will, who again?", so her not giving a shit about anyone not connected to her makes sense for such a tiny brained and small hearted woman.  

But just imagine if it was Abigail who returned to town after leaving to be serially raped by a drug lord and being treated with the same disdain Theresa has been.  

Wouldn't happen, not in a million years.

So, yeah, there's some serious double standard going on in old Salem town.

6 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I mostly agree with you about Theresa's treatment but I think Jennifer and Maggie have a different perspective/vested interest because of their relationships to Brady, not necessarily having to do with them being Hortons.  Also I think that there is more "bad blood" with Theresa's schemes over the years than Lani's. 

I give Maggie a bit of a pass because of her relationship with Chloe, Parker's mom, but if Jennifer can be buddies with Eve, who slept with her son - remember the knock down, drag out fight when she walked in on Eve and JJ?, then her holding Theresa to a higher standard ....... well, at best, it fits with Jennifer's witch motif, I guess.

• Love 9
(edited)
17 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I mostly agree with you about Theresa's treatment but I think Jennifer and Maggie have a different perspective/vested interest because of their relationships to Brady, not necessarily having to do with them being Hortons.  Also I think that there is more "bad blood" with Theresa's schemes over the years than Lani's. 

There is also the history that Theresa has with those particular women's sons that I'm sure are a factor.

Oh believe me, I get that there's bad blood between Jenny, Mags and Theresa because of JJ, Dr. Tan and Brady, but there's a time to let the past go, especially when we learn that Theresa was a prisoner/sex slave for over a year.  Maggie and Jenn can hang onto their resentment or they could try and understand what Theresa's been through, and there doesn't seem to be much compassion coming her way.

Meanwhile, Lani hurts JJ terribly by not only cheating on him but also lying that he was the father of her baby and her family and friends act like nothing is amiss and are letting bygones be bygones.  It's rather jarring that one character gets forgiven and their sins swept under the rug while another has their nose rubbed in by everyone in town.

boes, I agree with your entire post, especially the bit about Abs.  

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4

Wow... I didn't see that coming but I'm not mad by the result what RC pulled.

It's clear with Lani's dream sequence Lani was never happy to be pregnant by Eli, she was stressed out and still guilt stricken about what she did to JJ.  I think this is far better story telling then the trash one I saw on Bold with Steffy's pregnancy the last several months.  Steffy's storyline was in this same direction but Liam and Steffy got the cliche happy ending with him being the father and Steffy taking him back despite everything he did.  I saw more steaks in the Lani pregnancy.  

I can't wait to see Lani's reaction tomorrow because it's definitely going to be heartbreaking. ?

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Wilson were friends who fell in love like Kim and Shane.  They rushed Wilson too much for my liking and did not give them enough adventures.  Will like his Great-aunt Kim was troubled, struggled with self-esteem with a secret.  Sonny like Shane was like a knight in shining armor . Sonny had a temper and was quick to anger, but, had a good heart. Shane was like that as well.  Will like Kim was his own worst enemy with secrets and lies.  Shane and Kim had much better writing.  Their buildup was really good. They are my favorite couple of all time. They too got horrific writing.  

I was a child watching Days with my mom in the late 80s.   Viewers of the soap were so spoiled with a variety of different couples.... Justin/Adrienne, Patch/Kayla, Shane/Kimberly.  All three couples on the surface seemed to be alike since it was the late 80s.. the height of the supercouple assembly line.. but each couple was different.  Adrienne was the poor girl from an abusive family that wasn't meek or inspid... Justin was from a wealthy family where he wasn't all good or all bad.  Patch came from a broken family and couldn't save himself growing up so he wanted to be a knight in shining armor.. Kayla came from a close knit family and appeared as fragile on the surface (I always saw Patch and Kayla as rescuing one another).   But my favorite couple though was Kim and Shane.. both strong willed, both stubborn, and both prone to jumping to conclusions... plus, you had the added bonus of step-daughter Eve (the real Eve, not this faux Eve who isn't the Eve I remember as a child).

To compare Wilson to those couples is kind of an insult, but at the same time, those couples had good writing, good performances, and build-up.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, boes said:

But just imagine if it was Abigail who returned to town after leaving to be serially raped by a drug lord and being treated with the same disdain Theresa has been. 

Seriously. What we did see waa how Abigail was treated when she returned after faking her own death because she didn't want to remain in the mental facility. They grieved for death but everything was just fine for all the Hortons that she lied to them and abandoned her son.

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I was a child watching Days with my mom in the late 80s.   Viewers of the soap were so spoiled with a variety of different couples.... Justin/Adrienne, Patch/Kayla, Shane/Kimberly.  All three couples on the surface seemed to be alike since it was the late 80s.. the height of the supercouple assembly line.. but each couple was different.  Adrienne was the poor girl from an abusive family that wasn't meek or inspid... Justin was from a wealthy family where he wasn't all good or all bad.  Patch came from a broken family and couldn't save himself growing up so he wanted to be a knight in shining armor.. Kayla came from a close knit family and appeared as fragile on the surface (I always saw Patch and Kayla as rescuing one another).   But my favorite couple though was Kim and Shane.. both strong willed, both stubborn, and both prone to jumping to conclusions... plus, you had the added bonus of step-daughter Eve (the real Eve, not this faux Eve who isn't the Eve I remember as a child).

To compare Wilson to those couples is kind of an insult, but at the same time, those couples had good writing, good performances, and build-up.

I know that Wilson cannot compare to the awesome supercouples.  I was just musing about why I had liked them originally.. Kim and Shane were also my favorite.  

• Love 2

Once I realized this whole ep was gonna be about Lani losing the baby, I just fast forwarded most of it. Mostly becasue I don't give one fuck about Lani or really anything related to this story besides JJ, but also because I'm not interested in watching a dead baby story.

33 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

It sure looked like they are telegraphing JJ and Lani getting back together.

BOOOOOOOOO!

• Love 5
(edited)

Ugh.  And entire episode devoted to a story I find so boring the spoilers for it send me into narcolepsy.  Yay.....zzzzzzzzzzzz.

45 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

It sure looked like they are telegraphing JJ and Lani getting back together.

Phhhtttth. I used to like them.  But watching Lani lie to him sort of soured me on that. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

She was nonplussed about Will's death.  She has never talked about her brother Andrew or Stefanie who she grew up with, like a sister.  I doubt the Brady family even know about what she had gone through in Mexico. 

Again, this is flaw of characterization, not a character flaw in Theresa herself; in other words, the failure is the writers', not Theresa's -- in my opinion.

• Love 3
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Again, this is flaw of characterization, not a character flaw in Theresa herself; in other words, the failure is the writers', not Theresa's -- in my opinion.

The writers disassociated Theresa, from her family, by changing her name, from Jeannie to Theresa. As a diehard Kim and Shane fan, that was the first slap in the face. The name Jeannie is very important, in the Kim/Shane story.  I still remember Kim introducing her baby, to Shane and telling him that she named her after his mother Jeannie, the look on Shane's face, with their theme song, being played softly, was perfection..They made Theresa do horrible stuff, for no reason, just to make her a Sami clone.  Then, they threw Kim and Shane, under the bus, by giving her, a sob story of neglect and emotional abuse, to make her palatable. That kind of writing just pissed me off. No parents are perfect, but, I will never believe that Kim and Shane would ever hurt Andrew or Jeannie.  Not after everything, they went through with all three of their kids and I include their first daughter, who was stillborn. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

I FF'd through most of Lani's 'dream'/road not taken, whatever. Wasn't really moved about the loss of the baby - stuff like this happens to a lot of people. It's a massive losss,.  A bad storyline doesn't get a happy ending. Unless of course, Dr. Rolf is somewhere around - I know, a bit not in the best spirit.

No, the whole Horton clan did not need to be at the hospital. Circling around the parking lot to find a spot? Lucas and Chloe really had no business being there. They could simply stay at the restaurant or go home and wait for a phone call. Jennifer's shoes seemed really chunky for that summer dress.

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I know that Wilson cannot compare to the awesome supercouples.  I was just musing about why I had liked them originally.. Kim and Shane were also my favorite.  

I think the show and most people see them as such, although the formula was defied towards the end when Will was written OCC and Sonny kind of gave up but that had more to do with the poisonous writing. I would argue that they are myself, even though I'm not a huge fan of Sonny. They have definitely faced more obstacles than any of the modern couples in their age group. I don't think any couple on this show can compare to the couples that were written for back in the day, with the show barely keeping their head above water we sadly lost a lot of the great writing for the main couples. I think currently we're in for Will and Sonny, much like we're stuck with a pernament Chad and Abigail pairing (I wouldn't call Chabby a super couple though), since both couples have history and have already been established by previous regimens and proven successful to the mainstream audience. Both couples also have children together. Plus, you have two legacy Horton's paired each with a man who is next in line of each of the respective "crime" families that this show seems to be set on pushing. So, it all seems very cut and dry from here. They are really all the show has in terms of successful younger lead pairings in the past 8 years, that have been together off/on since they were teens from their age set. Years ago there would be 3-4 successful teen set pairings that would develop and evolve into adulthood, but the current 20-30s set only had two from 2011-today with one half of each of the two couples being core legacy characters "born onscreen characters". 

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 2

As much as the Hortons can be "holier than thou" and I know most may not have liked it but I actually really loved the family being there for Eli.  That to me is old school soaps and Days in particular.  Eli hasn't been as immersed in the Horton landscape, outside of Julie, as much as I would have liked to see, but I really loved seeing everyone gather to support their family member and that is totally something the Hortons would do.

So as much as certain members may annoy me, I can appreciate them supporting each other as a family.  Isn't that what us fans want is the cohesiveness and history actually being shown on screen as opposed to characters telling us how much they like/love, see, and care about each other?

I mean we get annoyed when we don't see the whole cast show up for a character's wedding.  The Hortons gathering because an unborn child is in peril seems pretty accurate to me.

• Love 6

Eli's first reaction to seeing that horde of Horton's was the right one.  I swear, you start feeding them and they NEVER go away.

I'd like to know why Julie hasn't dislocated her jaw with all blathering she does.  If she flapped those arms of hers anymore she'd be flying.   But isn't she just a dear??

giphy.gif

Or not.....

• Love 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, Sandman said:

Seriously, how many members of the Brady family didn't show up for Bo's funeral but Theresa's the only one to get dinged for it?  We all know that show couldn't afford to pay for a big funeral but the other fmaily members could at least talk about it in passing--bad writing indeed.

11 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The writers disassociated Theresa, from her family, by changing her name, from Jeannie to Theresa. As a diehard Kim and Shane fan, that was the first slap in the face. The name Jeannie is very important, in the Kim/Shane story.  I still remember Kim introducing her baby, to Shane and telling him that she named her after his mother Jeannie, the look on Shane's face, with their theme song, being played softly, was perfection..They made Theresa do horrible stuff, for no reason, just to make her a Sami clone.  Then, they threw Kim and Shane, under the bus, by giving her, a sob story of neglect and emotional abuse, to make her palatable. That kind of writing just pissed me off. No parents are perfect, but, I will never believe that Kim and Shane would ever hurt Andrew or Jeannie.  Not after everything, they went through with all three of their kids and I include their first daughter, who was stillborn. 

I also loved Kim and Shane but I don't think they were shown to be abusive or neglectful, just typical soap parents.  I mean, Shane, like Roman, Steve and Bo, were off on ISA missions instead of  helping to raise their kids--is that considered neglectful?  Andrew and Theresa were well into their 20's when Shane and Kim got back together again--I have no doubt that there growing up in LA with Kim was turbulent and they could have used their dad's influence.    And Theresa never said or implied that Kim was abusive, just an over-whelmed single parent with her own mental issues to deal with. 

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5

So apparently I thought that last Monday's episode was the only one that aired all week because then I came here and proceeded to ask a bunch of stupid questions. Apologies people! *shakes head*

Enjoyed seeing Xander take some parting shots at everybody on his way out of town. Loved how brutal he was with Son....and that the Nicole confession recording came back into play. Nice idea Ron...though it was weirdly a recording of Brady, not Nicole. What - they didn't want to pay Zucker to use her voice?

I just want it on the record that if Nicole's eventual return amounts to her getting treated the way Theresa is being treated now, I'm going to lose my s***. You know the show is going to paint her in a nasty light compared to the Saintly Jennifer Horton. I will never stop throwing up if that happens.

Even Eric sounded like he was falling asleep describing his current romance with Jennifer. "Safe and comfortable" when you guys are only 3 months into the relationship? How exactly do they spend their nights? Doing those "find the difference between the two pictures" challenges? Making donuts?

Poor guy. And poor us, watching him wasted on this no-sizzle set-up.

It is unreal watching the show vilify Theresa. It is in character, in a way, for her to stop at nothing to try and create an opportunity for her and Brady to bond again. She did use Tate the first time around to get back into Brady's bed in 2015. It just seems like the show put some effort into making her a better person after that...and now that's kind of going out the window just to make her some interloper in Eve's non-existent story. Why?  I don't believe for a second that 6 months from now Eve and Brady will still be a couple. And this is by far the worst relationship Brady has been in in the last 5 years. I'm longing for Melanie here, people. That's how bad it's gotten.

Thank God they paired up Theresa with JJ. Those two have a great chemistry and it's a great callback to how she first came onto the show. Love seeing him take care of her now. Hopefully they eventually screw each other's brains out and Eve loses her damn mind because of it. I don't believe for a second that she's ever stopped fantasizing about JJ.

Marlena injecting Will with Mountain Dew is probably the dumbest thing the show could have done to try and resolve this memory loss storyline. I don't believe for a second the hospital would have been okay with it at all....and having one scene where Marlena expresses some concern hardly addresses the risks bring taken for no clear purpose. They didn't even attempt a pseudoscience explanation for how the damn drug would work for pity's sake! That's writing 101! Come on!

It's amazing how much better the show is without Abigail and Stefan appearing on it everyday. Theresa and Xander have brought a lot of much-needed humor and excitement to things. They should be regulars.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Marlena injecting Will with Mountain Dew is probably the dumbest thing the show could have done to try and resolve this memory loss storyline. I don't believe for a second the hospital would have been okay with it at all....and having one scene where Marlena expresses some concern hardly addresses the risks bring taken for no clear purpose. They didn't even attempt a pseudoscience explanation for how the damn drug would work for pity's sake! That's writing 101! Come on!

Wow. I'm ... Wow.

Edited by Sandman
Mountain Dew, hee!
  • Love 3

No, Sonny's dad is not a good lawyer.

"I'm right inside of your phone if you need me." That was a weird way of putting it.

Oh, stfu, Hope.  Ciara running off is not Trippp's fault.

Chad claimed to be there to make Sonny feel better when he was clearly there to name himself the new head of Titan.

Why couldn't Shawn be the new head of Titan?

For a boy from Poplar Bluff, Missouri, Ben sure has a Massachusetts accent.

• Love 6
(edited)

Wow, Kristian was bad today.  I was embarrassed for her, yikes.. I did like Hope mentioning Zack. 

I love how Horita are together, but, I need them to have more depth. I tolerate Paul because of Will..

I love that Will took the serum.  I love him with Marlena. Grandmas are always cool...

Sonny was okay. I am still not feeling him. I am open to liking him again. 

The Ben/Ciara story is dragging, it needs to go somewhere, fast.. I still don't care for Ciara. It is amazing how the legacy children are so uninspiring. The show has never taken the time to develop the legacy kids, they assume that we will love them, because of their parents. Wrong! I love Jack, but, I hate Abigail.. I am loving the respite from the many faces of Abigail..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The Ben/Ciara story is dragging, it needs to go somewhere, fast.. 

It's been literally the same scene over and over for all 3 days it's been on. It's exhausting. And Ciara continues to be the worst. I feel like Ben could do better and he's a fucking serial killer!

I skipped like half of today's ep and was bored by the rest.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Silver Raven said:

I love reading this after reading other comments about how things are going too fast between them.

It is the same damn scene every time we see them, they talk too much.. Ciara is being so selfish, she should call her mother. What a brat! I am not the biggest Hope fan, but, she is not being fair to her. I am tired of her damn pity party. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

every time i hear "teresa" i want to scream. what the hell did they change her name for?!  agree. the writing for this family sucks.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I FF'd through most of Lani's 'dream'/road not taken, whatever. Wasn't really moved about the loss of the baby - stuff like this happens to a lot of people. It's a massive losss,.  A bad storyline doesn't get a happy ending. Unless of course, Dr. Rolf is somewhere around - I know, a bit not in the best spirit.

No, the whole Horton clan did not need to be at the hospital. Circling around the parking lot to find a spot? Lucas and Chloe really had no business being there. They could simply stay at the restaurant or go home and wait for a phone call. Jennifer's shoes seemed really chunky for that summer dress.

that was ridiculous, having the entire clan there. i noticed her shoes too. liked the dress, save the shoes for winter. 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Wow, Kristian was bad today.  I was embarrassed for her, yikes.. I did like Hope mentioning Zack. 

I love how Horita are together, but, I need them to have more depth. I tolerate Paul because of Will..

I love that Will took the serum.  I love him with Marlena. Grandmas are always cool...

Sonny was okay. I am still not feeling him. I am open to liking him again. 

The Ben/Ciara story is dragging, it needs to go somewhere, fast.. I still don't care for Ciara. It is amazing how the legacy children are so uninspiring. The show has never taken the time to develop the legacy kids, they assume that we will love them, because of their parents. Wrong! I love Jack, but, I hate Abigail.. I am loving the respite from the many faces of Abigail..

kristan is bad most of the time. and once again i say , she needs to stop whispering. i have to put captions on to hear her at least once a show.

ciara is horrible. so clearly a horton princess trying to be a bad ass. when i was her age (and knew actual bad asses!), well, she would have been a laughing stock a poser, etc.. so easy to see through her. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's been literally the same scene over and over for all 3 days it's been on. It's exhausting. And Ciara continues to be the worst. I feel like Ben could do better and he's a fucking serial killer!

LOL my mom called me and asked if they were going to be pairing up Ciara and Ben. I said I believed so. Mom said "why? He deserves better than that brat". I was going to ask her if she remembers he's a killer. Then I realized Ciara is just that obnoxious! 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It speaks volumes at how crappy a character Ciara is that viewers want Ben the psycho killer to find a better chick to hang out with :):)

I did like Marlena giving such wise counsel to her two grandkids--it looks like Marlena's words are really getting through to Claire which is awesome because I can't stand the her and Ciara's sniping at each other but in regards to Will, I like that he stole the rest of the serum but maybe he should wait and see if he gets more memories back.  I mean, Dr. Rolf was called a mad scientist for a reason :))

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't know how they'll ever go back to Will and Sonny. I try and convince myself that the show will revert back to them permanently at some point, so when it happens I'm not as annoyed but they have literally struck gold with Will and Paul and its obvious where the chemistry lies. I know WilSon will probably reunite, but I suspect it will be temporary. Even though both FS and CM have shared very little scenes the mild chemistry they once had seems gone now. 

I hate Ben and Ciara. I really hope they don't reform Ben entirely, since the actor sucked when he played "normal" the last time. Keeping him slightly unhinged and using Ciara's friendship to integrate in Salem would be fine, but since Ben isn't really connected to anyone (not a legacy character) I can see them using him in the future for another murder storyline. He plays crazy too well. I also think in the long run they'll revert back to Tripp and Ciara and use Ben for angst. Similar to how they used Nick Fallon to create drama for the teen scene of Will, Sonny and Gabi. 

Chandler and Deidre are amazing together. I truly believe they are related when I watch their scenes. I also LOVED Will stealing the formula today. I know Will was always written as wanting to be "better" than his parents re: not making the same mistakes and as a person, but he's the son of Sami Brady and Lucas Horton; Salem's original schemers and liars so I adore when they touch on this with him. I don't mean I want them to go full out character destroying circa 2015 Will, but honestly Chandler and the writers could probably get away with it since CM is able to create sympathy for Will- something GW struggled with back then. I do wonder if Will will inject it himself, or if he'll get someone else to. I personally think the next dose of the formula is going to mess him up, hard. 

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Part of the show was preempted today.  I did see Will steal the sermon.  Does anyone else knew he took it ?   And why was it so easy to steal ?

No one else knows. It just showed Will leaving his room after calling the hospital to see if Kayla was available to talk; she was going to be out of the office for two hours so then Will left. It then showed him getting in the elevator at the hospital with the formula. 

22 minutes ago, Kamal Shaheen said:

Honestly, that'd be the easy way out if they did that.  I haven't seen anyone on any site who wants Tripp with Ciara.  Actually, after seeing Ciara's behavior, I haven't seen anyone who wants Ben with her.  They want neither guy stuck with her.  I'm seeing more people eager to reexplore Tripp's earlier-observed chemistry with Claire, though.

This is Ron we're talking about though. I don't like Ciara myself, but with the way they're having Tripp behave and the actress saying to "stay tuned" in regards to Tripp/Ciara it just seems that's the way it will go. Ron is pretty lazy too, even with Ben this isn't going to be some great love story since he doesn't write romance, he writes plot points, so I don't think any character who hasn't already been firmly established by a previous regimen is going to be done any favours by him. I just want Ben to remain crazy. I don't see them not using his edge down the road since that's where the actor shines, with hopefully Stefan being his first victim since we all know that murder mystery is coming in 2019.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

No one else knows. It just showed Will leaving his room after calling the hospital to see if Kayla was available to talk; she was going to be out of the office for two hours so then Will left. It then showed him getting in the elevator at the hospital with the formula. 

This is Ron we're talking about though. I don't like Ciara myself, but with the way they're having Tripp behave and the actress saying to "stay tuned" in regards to Tripp/Ciara it just seems that's the way it will go. Ron is pretty lazy too, even with Ben this isn't going to be some great love story since he doesn't write romance, he writes plot points, so I don't think any character who hasn't already been firmly established by a previous regimen is going to be done any favours by him. I just want Ben to remain crazy. I don't see them not using his edge down the road since that's where the actor shines, with hopefully Stefan being his first victim since we all know that murder mystery is coming in 2019.

Ben should never be redeem.   I think that it is a bad idea to bring him back. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ben should never be redeem.   I think that it is a bad idea to bring him back. 

I don't think he should be either, but they needed a villain/unhinged character on the show so I get why they chose to bring him back. And we need someone who isn't a core character to murder Stefan, so he's our man, hopefully. I just think the temptation to use him again to commit another murder in the future will be too great for them not to. Thus, why I believe if they plan to pair Ciara with anyone it will ultimately be Tripp. Even though I think the current teen scene is lame. Ben will probably be moved out of it soon since there's too much drama/story with characters like Will to be explored with him. Like Stefan, Ben has an expiration date, thankfully. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, msrachelj said:

every time i hear "teresa" i want to scream. what the hell did they change her name for?!  agree. the writing for this family sucks.

The ONLY reason they changed her name was to hide who she really was from the audience till the Great Reveal.

4 hours ago, Kamal Shaheen said:

That's where the actor was raised.

Yeah, I know that.  :)

Ben, so how did you make pancakes in the cabin? A wood stove?

I agree that Hope was terrible today. You would think that the Salem PD's canine unit would be out looking for a trail.

Will, you really should listen to your grandmother. Whatever is in that serum may take a while to work. Injecting more could do very bad things to you.

I did like Sonny and Chad's friendship.

Other than that, don't remember much about today's ep.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Ben, so how did you make pancakes in the cabin?

And where do you plug in a phone charger?

I hope Ben dosed those pancakes with some Metamucil.

It won't be only bears who crap in the woods, as the Little Princess will discover.  Some poison ivy might help her with an attitude adjustment.

• Love 6
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:45 AM, kitmerlot1213 said:

I also loved Kim and Shane but I don't think they were shown to be abusive or neglectful, just typical soap parents.  I mean, Shane, like Roman, Steve and Bo, were off on ISA missions instead of  helping to raise their kids--is that considered neglectful?  Andrew and Theresa were well into their 20's when Shane and Kim got back together again--I have no doubt that there growing up in LA with Kim was turbulent and they could have used their dad's influence.    And Theresa never said or implied that Kim was abusive, just an over-whelmed single parent with her own mental issues to deal with. 

Kim was married to Philip, that Hollywood producer, so, she was not a single mother and Kayla was in LA with her.  The sisters had become very close again, after the Shane debacle.  I have no doubt that the sisters leaned on each other, when it came to the rearing of their children. Kayla went to medical school in LA. Shane was an active father. I will never buy that he was not involved in his children's lives. When Kim came back for her father's funeral, Stefanie greeted her warmly and asked about her cousins and she told her that they were in England with their dad. As far as her mental issues, she has never had any relapses, if she did, Shane would have stepped up, like he did, when she was in the throes of her DID. Philip, who was her fiancé, at the time, was the one who suggested that she send the kids to Shane, for their safety.  Kim, in conversations, with Marlena, has told her that she remains in therapy, for life. Kim and Marlena have remained close, despite, what happened with Roman.  Marlena was always closer to Kim than Kayla.  I think it had to with the fact that Kim was closer to Roman than Bo. 

• Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, Kamal Shaheen said:

Actually, after seeing Ciara's behavior, I haven't seen anyone who wants Ben with her.  

They're pretty popular on twitter. The fans call them Cin, which cracks me up. RC is amping up the fanbase on twitter as well.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, betweenthelines said:

I don't know how they'll ever go back to Will and Sonny. I try and convince myself that the show will revert back to them permanently at some point, so when it happens I'm not as annoyed but they have literally struck gold with Will and Paul and its obvious where the chemistry lies. I know WilSon will probably reunite, but I suspect it will be temporary. Even though both FS and CM have shared very little scenes the mild chemistry they once had seems gone now. 

Chemistry is very subjective and while Paul and Will certainly work well together, I think Will and Sonny still have that spark that made them so watchable back in the day :):)  Will is well matched with both men and I like that the show has created a pretty compelling triangle.

I would have loved it if the show had hired Guy Wilson as Leo--he would have actually been believable as young man fresh out of college with a mountain of debt and who was just smarmy enough to scam Sonny.  Missed opportunity # 35890 :)

On today's show, what the heck was Kate wearing, some sort of retro pantsuit from the 1960's?  Kayla looked adorable in her black and white dress and I love how her hair is styled--fabulous  :)

That's pretty much the positive stuff I could think of :):)

• Love 6

Just caught up on last week and....what was that scene of Theresa - rape survivor recently freed from sex slavery - begging Brady to screw her so he'd remember her worth?

...Show WTH are you doing??

And then they have multiple fake-outs where it looks like Ben might rape Ciara?!

Who wants to see this shit, Ron?

No, Theresa is not a "slut" for wanting her husband back. Stop trying to write her in such a way to justify characters calling her one.

And no, it's not entertaining or suspenseful watching young Ciara twitch and squirm while Ben unbuckles his pants and purses his lips and leans over her.

• Love 8

RSW has gotten better since his previous stint on Days.  I liked him on the online AMC reboot.  Raw as he was in that role, he still did pretty well IMO.  I can see why Show wanted to bring him back.

But I don't know about buying into a reformed serial killer.  That's a jump even for a show littered with cuddly ex-killers and assorted psychopaths we all know and love.

However it works out, RSW is sure giving it all he's got, though.  

Tyler Christopher might want to take notice.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They're pretty popular on twitter. The fans call them Cin, which cracks me up. RC is amping up the fanbase on twitter as well.

I personally wouldn’t look too deeply into Ron’s “hype”. He does that with all his main stories, he did it a lot with Will/Sami, Abby’s DID and now Ben and Ciara. The thing is, by the time the writers ever see the feedback, the story probably changed directions ten times. Who knows if Ben is still “sane” at this point in the overall timeline.

• Love 3