Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Yikes, I have started to FF all of FS scenes. I actually have second hand embarrassment from his acting or lack there of. I know he mentioned a while ago he wanted to retire by thirty so he could travel, so I'm honestly hoping he doesn't renew his contract this year. I don't know how much more of him I can take. You can't even blame it on the writing, he's either out of breath, asleep or over-acting so much it's almost like watching a comedy. I want him nowhere near Will, since he is the character I watch the show for. Even in the break-up scene, Chandler acted circles around FS and has been in all their scenes since he's been back. 

I'm loving the Paul and Will development and I honestly hope they become endgame. I love this easy going, go after what he wants, Will. I hope Ron makes it so he never gets his memory back and simply starts fresh with everyone. I think his personality is much better suited for Paul. Sonny and Will were great years ago, but it's time to move on. FS really kills it for me and I think Will needs a stronger more reliable leading man, something that Sonny will never be. 

Edited by betweenthelines
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

A journal nobody else is supposed to read is the perfect place for Will's terrible writing.

Will and Paul are cute together, but it's really hard to ignore the swinging axe of Will's memories returning hovering above them.

I think that will be the twist, what will he do about Sonny, when he regains his memory.  I don't think that Will will ever let Sonny go.. 

I do find it funny how I was the lone Will lover on here for a long time. Everybody wanted Paulson to happen and Will to disappear. Now, it is the reverse, with Will and Horita being beloved and Sonny is now hated.. 

AS a Wilson fan, I hate how Wilson was written out of character to insert Paul into their lives. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

...I don't know what's wrong with people deciding what they want or like based on the writing and performances at the mom.  Shipping a couple doesn't mean you take a blood oath to ship them forever.

This situation is reminding me a bit of Luke/Noah/Reid where Luke/Reid emerged as the fresher couple even if Luke and Noah had the history.

Edited by TeeVee329

I am so confused about what John is doing to Steve!  John is not acting like himself, and he's making faces that are 'weird"(or its Drake's acting :) And the thought of Steve wearing glasses is making me laugh :)(and I wear glasses)

16 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think that will be the twist, what will he do about Sonny, when he regains his memory.  I don't think that Will will ever let Sonny go.. 

I do find it funny how I was the lone Will lover on here for a long time. Everybody wanted Paulson to happen and Will to disappear. Now, it is the reverse, with Will and Horita being beloved and Sonny is now hated.. 

AS a Wilson fan, I hate how Wilson was written out of character to insert Paul into their lives. 

Will and Sonny were not written out of character to suit Paul. Will and Sonny had a lot of underlying problems in their relationship before Paul came on the scene. I personally think both Will and Sonny got married too soon (something Sonny himself admitted to). Sonny has always been trying to control and make Will think/feel the way he wants him to, this goes right back to the coming out storyline. I think Sonny should have remained friends with Will, and I'll never understand why the new writers for the show decided to pair them up since it always seemed like a father/son relationship. I loved Wilson too and will admit they had their moments, but IMO Will and Sonny should both move on. 

In regards to the Paulson, I think that was mostly Chandler fans being pissed at the recast and how he was treated, if I remember correctly. You're also not mentioning that FS could act back then, and was acting circles around GW who was hit or miss. Chandler carried the SL, so naturally when he left fans sided with the stronger actor, coupled with the recast and the way they assassinated Will's character in order to murder him and write out the gay storyline. 

Also, Horita has a lot of fun natural chemistry and both CS and CM seem to be really good friends outside of work and it really translates on the screen. They seem to really enjoy working together. 

I honestly don't think Will is going to run back to Sonny if his memory returns. I think at the least he will be torn between the two. I hope Ron keeps his memory gone for good and let's him rebuild all his relationships; there so much more story to be told that way!

Nice Photoshop on the wedding album.

Was it though? I only caught that one photo of Sonny and Will standing together, and I found myself wondering if perhaps they actually reshot photos from the wedding before they repainted the Kiriakis Mansion set. Perhaps more eagle-eyed viewers can tell me if these photos already appeared earlier in the show when GW was playing Will, and they truly just photoshopped a new head in...

I am not rooting for Paul and Will. When I watch old YouTube videos, I definitely still want Will and Sonny to get back together. There's has been the best love story on the show in the last few years by mile. The problem is Freddie. He's become really loathsome. I kind of hope that he leaves the show for a few years, shakes off all of his weird money making schemes and then comes back in shape and on-point and becomes Will's fun, loving partner again. I'm a sucker for those true love conquers all romances that used to be such a staple on soaps.

That said, I definitely want to see Will have one or two serious relationships before ending up with Sonny again later on down the line. And I mean after this Paul stuff wraps up.

Oh and I fully agree that Sonny was kind of leading Will around by the nose a little bit before they got married and no, I don't think that's a good thing. But again, the actors just brought such charm to their portrayals it's hard to sort of say goodbye to that.

It doesn't help matters that I don't think the show does subtle writing well anymore. Ron has improved the show in many ways, but even the simple scenes that used to be a part of the episodes back in 2011 in 2012 seem absent. The casual little conversations between characters that felt so real and organic that made you believe they aren't just chess pieces being moved to suit a plotline, constantly stating or restating their feelings so that new viewers can keep up.

The Will and Sonny I root for is the Will and Sonny of several years ago. I don't know that we will see them again, but if we don't I guess the only way to move forward is to pair Will up with someone new. I somehow doubt though that I will have as much interest in Will's future partner by virtue of the fact that the writing won't be anywhere near as gentle and organic and human.

Will and Paul bonding over the music today was nice, but I just don't see Ron doing many more scenes like that. Even with Eric and Nicole and Eric and Jennifer, the show has struggled to just let him have interactions that feel real and mundane and not plot-driven. Sonny and Will came together over time by having day-to-day interactions and conversations that weren't all designed to hammer home the fact that they were going to be husbands one day.

So yeah....more than anything, I need the writing to be better. And I don't want a Horita endgame, LOL. I don't see any chemistry there. Chandler can smirk all he wants but it's not doing it for me.

51 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

Will and Sonny were not written out of character to suit Paul. Will and Sonny had a lot of underlying problems in their relationship before Paul came on the scene. I personally think both Will and Sonny got married too soon (something Sonny himself admitted to). Sonny has always been trying to control and make Will think/feel the way he wants him to, this goes right back to the coming out storyline. I think Sonny should have remained friends with Will, and I'll never understand why the new writers for the show decided to pair them up since it always seemed like a father/son relationship. I loved Wilson too and will admit they had their moments, but IMO Will and Sonny should both move on. 

In regards to the Paulson, I think that was mostly Chandler fans being pissed at the recast and how he was treated, if I remember correctly. You're also not mentioning that FS could act back then, and was acting circles around GW who was hit or miss. Chandler carried the SL, so naturally when he left fans sided with the stronger actor, coupled with the recast and the way they assassinated Will's character in order to murder him and write out the gay storyline. 

Also, Horita has a lot of fun natural chemistry and both CS and CM seem to be really good friends outside of work and it really translates on the screen. They seem to really enjoy working together. 

I honestly don't think Will is going to run back to Sonny if his memory returns. I think at the least he will be torn between the two. I hope Ron keeps his memory gone for good and let's him rebuild all his relationships; there so much more story to be told that way!

I have a soft spot for Wilson because they remind me of Kim and Shane, my favorite couple, on the show. Friends that became lovers.. Kim, like her Great-nephew, Will, was a troubled woman and with the aid of her friend, Shane, her knight in shining armor,  gave her the strength to change her life and come to terms with her past and who she is..

I don't like Paul, in any iteration, whether it is Horita or Paulson. I hated his contrived existence and insertion in Jarlena's history. I remember John with Kristen, Rebecca, Diana, Marlena and Isabella. If the show wanted to give John another child, he should have been Diana's. I thought Paul was more interesting when he had an edge, once he became a saint, in order to facilitate Will's character assassination, it soured me on him.  The show even had Jarlena compare Paulson's relationship to them. Plus, it reminded me how Jack was treated in favor of Daniel and Dannifer. I still hate Jennifer over that storyline.. She will never be cool in my eyes..

Edited by Apprentice79
57 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Sonny and Will came together over time by having day-to-day interactions and conversations that weren't all designed to hammer home the fact that they were going to be husbands one day.

Now, the way I remember it, the show was playing them at friends, that Sonny was almost like a mentor to Will.  And then the writers changed and the Days-aster happened and, immediately, Sonny was kissing Will and declaring love.  It didn't feel that organic to me, but YMMV.

And don't get me started on Sonny's creep wish box lol.

Edited by TeeVee329

I'm glad today picked up where yesterday left off, though the John drugging/poisoning Steve situation isn't much clearer. It does seem John is troubled by what he's doing, but I can't imagine what his motivation is. I also can't see the mystery lasting too long, because once the ophthalmologist determines there's something beside near-sightedness is going on with Steve, I'm sure Kayla will order more tests and discover the drug in his system.

I wasn't watching when Sonny and Will fell in love, so I don't have fond memories of their romance. I started watching when GW was Will, and I hated that Will. And at that time I LOVED Sonny.  I still can't figure out if FS's acting has totally changed, or if GW was so awful as Will, he made Sonny look good. Whatever it is, I haven't really liked Sonny since he came back from Paris.

CM's Will is new to me, and I'm not crazy about the character these days. Oddly I liked him better when he was in Memphis. He seemed more focused and mature. Now he's just pining over Paul all the time. I hope he gets the job at the Brady Pub, so we can see him interact with different characters.

Of the 3 guys in this triangle, I like Paul the best. He seems grounded and mature and normal. And yes, that could also mean boring. LOL. I wish he wasn't John's ret-conned son, but I've come to like the character, so won't hold that against him.

Brady and Eve is so weird, but oddly I don't dislike them together.  I don't see them as a romantic pairing, however, there is a strange spark when they interact.

2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Now Roman knows what was in Anna's letters and he's trying to protect Anna--please just tells us the contents already!

Did you write that before Roman had Anna read aloud the letter?

3 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

God, FS' acting is just getting worse and worse. 

A couple of weeks ago I was watching with my mom who recently started watching again and she asked if it was just her or if "Sonny's" acting was getting worse. I said that it wasn't her, he's awful. I went on to tell her that he's won an Emmy and she said "how bad was his competition"? Lol

• Love 1

I really just don't like Will. I want to and I've tried, but I can't. I think it's mostly just because I'm just not a fan of CM's acting style/tics.

The only person in the Sonny/Will/Paul triangle that I give a lick about is Paul. He was so cute today with Will!

Since John said something about 'protecting the people you love' I'm gonna assume he's being blackmailed/forced into drugging Steve to protect Marlena/Paul/whoever else his family is lol.

Anna's letter was a bit of a letdown, but I'm still super into this story tbh.

I love Brady as a dick. EM plays it so perfectly.

Edited by peachmangosteen
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I NEVER wanted Paulson, ever.  I didn't mind Will initially when he was played by Chandler, though I was ready for a break from the smirk by the time he left and Guy Wilson took over.  While I didn't care for GW's Will when he was in his Sneasel phase, crapping all over his mother (I DID enjoy the hit piece he wrote on Mansi's Abigail, though!), I stand proudly as disliking Paul from Day One.  I think I even have a tee shirt around somewhere......

Sparkle Pretty aka Paul, with that constant toothsome grin and the dimples seemed like nothing more than one endless tooth whitening commercial....

So while he's the most adult of the three currently, IMO that's one pretty short yardstick to measure by.  

Hell, Tate and Thomas have more self control.  

• Love 1

I hate Paulson also, they literally look like brothers and have zero romanic chemistry, or even friendship chemisty. I have never been a Paul fan and honestly loathed the character up until recently. I find the further he is getting from Sonny the more I can tolerate him. I think he and Will bring out the best in each other which is why I'm rooting for them. With Will; he actually has personality aside from agreeing with everything Sonny says or being his side kick. I think Horita should be allowed to grow naturally and keep them together at least a year two, and hopefully by then FS will leave and they become endgame or he magically comes back to life.

I think I'm starting to realize any character I like that is around FS's Sonny becomes unlikable to me. FS would really have to set up his game or take a few years off before I ever want him anywhere near Will. There isn't any chemistry on the Wilson front either, not counting the fact FS was happy Will was murdered and wanted the spotlight on him. Unfortunately for him, Will leaving was devastating not only to his storyline but proved he is unable to carry one like Chandler could. I still have war flashbacks of the wannabe mobster Sonny. 

I thought John and Co. were at Club TBD and not Brady's Pub. The 30 year old scotch would be behind the counter.

The letter seemed weird and I could feel that there was someone hiding in the bushes watching Anna and Roman.

The Martin house seems to be turning in to a rooming house for single men.

Both Sonny and Brady are increasingly unlikeable.

What is John putting in to Steve's drinks? And why?

Why is Sonny so horrible these days?! I used to love Sonny. He was my man. i rooted for WilSon just because of Sonny. Now I can't stand any scene he's in. I just want to FF him.

I need the show to stop making me like Paul/Will because I know Will's memory will return and Paul will get screwed over again. But they are cute and sparkly together that it's hard not to enjoy them in a moment like today when they're just chatting and being friendly and Will isn't trying to randomly latch onto Paul's lips.

Brady and Eve are painful. Just make it stop, show.

Okay so I think I've got this murder figured out (in broad strokes)...

Spoiler

Abigail somehow learned that Andre had worked with Vivian and Stefan to undermine the company and make it ripe for a takeover, had a mental break and decided she needed to get revenge on Andre for having used her for so long as his personal champion. She wrote that weird letter for Anna to find in order to lure her to the office. Then while Anna was there, she took the urn out of her purse and allowed Anna and Andre to go at it and argue, establishing her as the potential killer. Then, once Anna had left, dear sweet Abigail went into Andre's office and bashed his head in, knowing the urn would tie Anna to the murder...

Or!! Maybe Vivian wrote the letter to give to Anna, hoping she would off Andre...and Abigail, learning about Andres partnership with Vivian, went to confront him only to overhear Anna's tirade. After Anna had left and forgetten the urn in Andre's office, Abigail confronted him and got so upset she went over the edge and murdered him. Maybe that one makes a bit more sense because I can't see Abigail deliberately targeting Anna. They've had almost no contact ever from what I can tell. It would make more sense for Vivian to have set up Anna and then for Abigail to have unexpectedly done the deed.

And then that could spin off into Stefan knowing that Abigail was the Killer and trying to protect her, and them becoming a couple.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, howmanywords said:

A couple of weeks ago I was watching with my mom who recently started watching again and she asked if it was just her or if "Sonny's" acting was getting worse. I said that it wasn't her, he's awful. I went on to tell her that he's won an Emmy and she said "how bad was his competition"? Lol

Must be something wrong with me because I don’t see the “bad acting”.  I just think it’s some people’s feelings about the actor that’s clouding their judgment.

• Love 1

He is in his own bubble. He says things emphatically but with no sincerity behind it. His hand gestures even seem feigned. There's no connection anymore...

I don't mean to offend anyone who is very committed to their religion as I say this, but if you've ever spoken to someone who tries to convert you into their religion, they will often look at you with this really blank wide-eyed expression and be saying things that don't entirely add up and feel completely pre-programmed and rehearsed but with a sort of semi-enthusiasm that somehow manages to leave you completely cold.

It's like a bad infomercial that promises to solve all of your problems in spite of the massive logic gaps. You can tell the actors are doing it for a paycheck.

...okay, that isn't quite fair because I've actually seen infomercials that are way more compelling and have actors in them that are way more passionate than Freddie has been of late. But perhaps my earlier description it still fits.

It's like all of the range has been sucked out of him. The mobster storyline from last summer was a perfect example. There was absolutely nothing threatening or believable about Sonny running Titan or being a badass involved in some kind of turf war with the DiMera's. He sounded the exact same way with Brady this week and again the exact same way speaking to Paul about his trip to London. 

In fact, if you rewatch that scene of Paul and Sonny in the Square from this week you can easily see Christopher Sean giving a bit of range to his performance, as he purposefully gives Sonny a death glare and tells him he doesn't want to hear anything about his problems, all the while catching himself and trying to soften enough to still make himself available to someone he recognizes might need his help and would have been his husband. Opposite that? Freddie is standing there delivering lines that are supposed to suggest that Sonny is caught up in a whirlwind of emotions because he sacrificed one relationship for another relationship that's completely fallen apart. But you get nothing from Freddie's acting that suggests any of that. He actually dulls the script down to almost nothing.

It's pissing people off so much because he actually was a decent actor just a few short years ago.

Now I'm hearing that he was actually happy Will got killed off? Is that true? If so, I'm even more over him.

I really have nothing against a guy who wants to be a millionaire by the age of 30 and does side hustles to try and make it happen. But when the main job he's supposed to be doing to support himself is something he seems to have a diminishing level of dedication to, that's where I start to take issue with things. The fact that he tried to sell tickets to some kind of special lunch with him and Chandler for fans to buy into before it was announced Chandler was returning to the show makes me even more uncomfortable. The guy just wants to make money however he can and at the expense of fans. How about just being a good actor and committing to the material? As I stated earlier he was one half of the best romantic story the show had in the last 5 years. He's completely blowing that now. I think it speaks volumes that fans who have waited years to see Will reunited with his husband are now kind of cheering for him to walk the other way.

I don't even think Chandler is doing such amazing work right now, but he's incredible compared to Freddie.

A Sonny/Lani scene might cause my brain to completely shut down. The difference is, I think she's at least trying to stretch herself....

17 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

You weren't the lone Will lover by a long shot. I root for Will no matter what; from birth. I never wanted PaulSon. While I like Paul (and love Christopher), PaulSon is boring AF. I was a WilSon shipper hard core b/c that's what WILL wanted, not b/c I particularly loved him with Sonny. In retrospect, their relationship was kinda squicky. Horita was hot hot hot...b/c Guy and Christopher were proving a point about going "all in" with their scenes and they had chemistry. 

I don't think that WilSon was written out of character to insert Paul into their lives. Will was written out of character b/c of behind the scenes drama, etc... Paul wasn't related to that. 

17 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

...I don't know what's wrong with people deciding what they want or like based on the writing and performances at the mom.  Shipping a couple doesn't mean you take a blood oath to ship them forever.

This situation is reminding me a bit of Luke/Noah/Reid where Luke/Reid emerged as the fresher couple even if Luke and Noah had the history.

I wasn't ever super Team Nuke but I rooted for them...but day-um, I became Team Luke/Reid hella fast b/c that was hot! They were the more interesting couple, imo. That was a combo of writing and other things but especially the fact that the guy who played Noah was just one note and dull.

17 hours ago, betweenthelines said:

Agree: WilSon had ISSUES (money, Sonny treating Will like he was not important, Will being immature and inexperienced in relationships)...Paul was just another log on the fire.

I hope that if this plays out how it seems it will.... Will and Paul being seriously together, Will getting his memory back, etc... that they write it as though it's super hard for Will to decide...and maybe he DOESN'T chose Sonny immediately. Maybe he'll think on all the ways he's grown and matured and decide that WilSon was good for that time in their lives but now he's Horita, etc...

Who am I kidding? There isn't a daytime writer out there who can do nuanced goodness like that. Will is going to drop Paul like a hot potato for boring and dumb and assholish Sonny.

16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Now, the way I remember it, the show was playing them at friends, that Sonny was almost like a mentor to Will.  And then the writers changed and the Days-aster happened and, immediately, Sonny was kissing Will and declaring love.  It didn't feel that organic to me, but YMMV.

And don't get me started on Sonny's creep wish box lol.

Sonny was totally a mentor to Will. He was his "gay life coach," his gay-oda, etc... That's what kinda in retrospect makes it squicky... he literally groomed this baby gay into a serious relationship and molded him into what he wanted. Will should have dated a bit. 

16 hours ago, howmanywords said:

I will never understand how he won. I will never understand how he won for those scenes in particular. They weren't good. the only time he could possibly have gotten shafted was from the hospital scenes after Will was shot. Those were decent.

11 hours ago, boes said:

I NEVER wanted Paulson, ever.  I didn't mind Will initially when he was played by Chandler, though I was ready for a break from the smirk by the time he left and Guy Wilson took over.  While I didn't care for GW's Will when he was in his Sneasel phase, crapping all over his mother (I DID enjoy the hit piece he wrote on Mansi's Abigail, though!), I stand proudly as disliking Paul from Day One.  I think I even have a tee shirt around somewhere......

Sparkle Pretty aka Paul, with that constant toothsome grin and the dimples seemed like nothing more than one endless tooth whitening commercial....

So while he's the most adult of the three currently, IMO that's one pretty short yardstick to measure by.  

Hell, Tate and Thomas have more self control.  

I think that you might change your mind on Christopher if they ever gave him something meaty and something other than Saint Paul. He was amazing on H50 and can really act. Paul can be boring and he always makes the right choices. They need to give him a bit more depth. I started to see some of that again yesterday with his Will scenes.

16 hours ago, betweenthelines said:

I hate Paulson also, they literally look like brothers and have zero romanic chemistry, or even friendship chemisty. I have never been a Paul fan and honestly loathed the character up until recently. I find the further he is getting from Sonny the more I can tolerate him. I think he and Will bring out the best in each other which is why I'm rooting for them. With Will; he actually has personality aside from agreeing with everything Sonny says or being his side kick. I think Horita should be allowed to grow naturally and keep them together at least a year two, and hopefully by then FS will leave and they become endgame or he magically comes back to life.

I think I'm starting to realize any character I like that is around FS's Sonny becomes unlikable to me. FS would really have to set up his game or take a few years off before I ever want him anywhere near Will. There isn't any chemistry on the Wilson front either, not counting the fact FS was happy Will was murdered and wanted the spotlight on him. Unfortunately for him, Will leaving was devastating not only to his storyline but proved he is unable to carry one like Chandler could. I still have war flashbacks of the wannabe mobster Sonny. 

That is one of the reasons that I dislike Freddie, he constantly trashed Will, Wilson and was pimping Paulson.  Alison Sweeney knew how to play the game, she has had a lot of couplings on the show , as Sami. She has never once trashed one fanbase over another. 

6 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

I don't think that WilSon was written out of character to insert Paul into their lives. Will was written out of character b/c of behind the scenes drama, etc... Paul wasn't related to that. 

Will was indeed written out of character for Paul.  Will was turned into a nasty, loathsome, serial cheater and a liar.  The way that he went after Paul's mom was awful. Will was humiliated, slapped, berated and punched by different characters to drive home  the narrative that he was a bad person and unsuitable as Sonny's partner.  Will even called himself a slut.    Paul was elevated as the saint who could do no wrong. Will was made into an interloper in his own marriage.  As a Will fan, I was horrified and it worked because people were calling for his death on a daily basis, on this board and elsewhere on the net. People got their wish and Will's murder was meant to satisfy the viewers' bloodlust. I know of many fans that cheered his death and loved every minute of it. Some even excused Ben, by saying that he did them a solid..

If the show wanted Will to become a little bad, then, they should have made him more sympathetic.  Douglas Marland  the fame headwriter of soaps, always said that you can give a character more dimensions, without altering their core, as a person.   Once you write them out of character, you will lose the audience.  Will became unrecognizable, to make Paul more palatable.  Sonny should have cheated with Paul.  It would have played into Will's insecurities about not being good enough for Sonny.  Will in his anger could have gone after Paul.  It would have hearken back to when Will went after EJ, as a kid.  EJ destroyed his dream of a unified family with his parents. Will  was always obsessed with having the perfect family. It goes back to when Christopher Gerse played the role a.k.a Mophead.  Paul threatening that dream would have been a natural reaction for Will to go after him. Will's schemes never made any sense to me. Sonny never left him for Paul.  Sonny was passive aggressive and used Paul to hurt Will., by never telling him to back off.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

Sonny was totally a mentor to Will. He was his "gay life coach," his gay-oda, etc... That's what kinda in retrospect makes it squicky... he literally groomed this baby gay into a serious relationship and molded him into what he wanted. Will should have dated a bit. 

I have never understood why Sonny is responsible for Will not exploring life as single man.  That was his choice and his alone. A good writer could have used Will's inexperience as an obstacle for Wilson to overcome. I remember Bette and Tina on the L word were a lesbian couple. Bette was Tina's first experience with a woman.  Tina had lived a Heterosexual life before she met Bette and Bette rocked her world.  Tina never wanted any other woman other than Bette. Her friends used to tease her about only having had Bette as her only female experience. She said that Bette was enough for her, despite being curious with being with other women.  I don't remember the fans of that show saying that Bette was molding Tina to be her lesbian baby. I don't understand why people expected Will to become lascivious, as a way, to own his sexuality. 

• Love 1

Will did have some experience as a single man; it just wasn't with guys. He dated Mia and was seriously involved with Gabi. Will was not unfamilar in how to be in a relationship. 

He did have limited relationship with men when he married Sonny but it was not like that was the only serious relationship in his life. 

I don't think Will cheated because he didn't date enough men prior to marriage. I think he cheated because he was immature and wanted to feel better about himself when things with Sonny were absolutely perfect as he might have imagined.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, nilyank said:

Will did have some experience as a single man; it just wasn't with guys. He dated Mia and was seriously involved with Gabi. Will was not unfamilar in how to be in a relationship. 

He did have limited relationship with men when he married Sonny but it was not like that was the only serious relationship in his life. 

I don't think Will cheated because he didn't date enough men prior to marriage. I think he cheated because he was immature and wanted to feel better about himself when things with Sonny were absolutely perfect as he might have imagined.

With all due respect there is sort of a different perspective as a gay man (myself and Will) that you shouldn't gravitate to and get immediately serious with the first man that you kiss/have sex with.  A lot of it has to do with repression, exploration and just getting used to your new "life".  Not that Will hasn't had other relationships but those were with women and dating a man after coming out is a whole new ballgame.

In our community (gay culture) there are a lot of men, myself included, who will not seriously date someone who has just come out.  The thought process being that this person has spent whatever time being closeted and/or not open to the possibility of their true sexuality that there is a lot to "unpack" there and getting involved in a serious relationship most times than not does not end well for either party.  There is sort of a state of "arrested development" that happens with gay people, men especially after they come out that getting involved in a serious relationship can prove disastrous.

Not a great example, but it is sort of like when someone goes through rehab and they heavily suggest not getting into a relationship for a while.

Speaking of Mia, now would be a great time for her to come back.  With this Abigail and Stefan foreshadowing we are getting I wouldn't mind Mia back in the mix.  I don't want to see Gabi put back in that triangle but if Stefan is going to make trouble for Abby and Chad, I think Mia being back would be a nice balance.  They would need to recast, I don't believe the previous actress would work with Billy Flynn.

• Love 2

As far as I am concerned, Paul and Sonny and Will can enter into a triad and move to Paris to run some subsidiary of Titan. I find their story line to be the least compelling thing on the show at the moment (and, yes, I am including whatever nonsense is happening with Eve and Brady). It's just so boring and predictable. This is what they brought Will back for? If it weren't for the brief time we got Sami and Susan back on our screens, I'd say they should have just kept Will dead. And that's a shame because I've always loved Will. But, man ... this is just mind-numbing.

• Love 1

How much did I love Gabi's going toe to toe with Abby, especially when dear sweet Abs threw Gabi's killing Nick in her face.  Gabi very rightly pointed out that Abby lite Ben on fire.  DAMN!!  Yes, Gabi was angry at Andre's under-handed method but she didn't want to kill him, just sue his ass :):)  

I think Lani is a horrible human being and I can't wait for everyone to turn on her, especially JJ and Eli ,for lying to their faces.  And I am so done with her "I'm tough" routine when we all know that once morning sickness hits, she'll be a basket case and forget about going into labor--YIKES!!

I do like seeing Kate and Chad together and their discussing their complicated history with Andre--their scenes feel very organic to me.

It's good to see Tripp again and the kid deserves better then having to listen to Claire and Ciara cry and moan over Theo--he needs a good storyline, STAT!

• Love 6

What I was trying to post during yesterday's show before the site crashed:

Jeez, starting off the show with all of these dreams and flashbacks.  Calm down, Show.

Gabi's dress isn't fitting well.  The sleeves are gaping and the blue rings around them aren't lying flat.

They're showing us the flashbacks of Kate and Andre's night, I guess we'll get the flashbacks from everybody else at some point.

Valerie's red outfit is gorgeous.

"Gabi, what are you doing here?"  Wow, Abigail, way to be inhospitable.

• Love 1

I need to start taking notes as I watch, because I end up forgetting things I noticed by the time I come to post. LOL.

Although I'm not loving everything about every storyline right now, I do have to say that I think the writing is "smarter" than with some of the more recent writing teams. I'm liking how someone will pop into a scene briefly even when they are not featured that episode. For example, Tripp was the server for Steve, who was waiting for John. They had a short conversation, then John and the mystery drugging storyline took over.

I liked when Kayla was on yesterday, she was talking on the phone with Steve about his eye appointment, even though he wasn't seen.

I really liked the scene with Hope being concerned over Lani. That was exactly what you would hope a female "boss" would do in that situation. 

The dream fakeouts were a bit overkill though yesterday.

So obviously John is trying to keep Steve away from being involved in a case.  There better be a logical explanation, because just can't see John taking the chance of Steve being hurt while drugged. I'm also trying to guess what's going on with the Anna letter mystery. Did she find it the same day Roman had Marlena stop by for the impromptu "counselling" session?  Did Marlena drop the letter in Anna's bag? Maybe John is trying to protect Marlena?

I haven't read any social media in months, or spoilers or behind the scenes, so I don't know if Thao is still working or not. I was sure the letter had something to do with Tony being alive, so it was a let down when it was all about when Tony died.  I'd be surprised if they let Thao go, though, so either Andre is still alive, or Tony is. Or there's some sort of identity mixup going on.

Ok cliffhanger today. Though I suspect the "killer" on the surveillance tape is Anna.

Looking forward to upcoming episodes, especially with February sweeps coming up.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Valerie's red outfit is gorgeous.

I absolutely agree - I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

I hate that another Dimera is dead.  Is it the end of an era?  I just can't put Chad in that category - he's too, um, Abbyfied.  Blah.  'Can't stand her.

JJ thinks he's the pop - this might be interesting how this develops - I think that Lonnie is being torn apart.  I mean, a cop crying??

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I'm loving stand-up Gabi taking on Abigail's shade.

When they retconned Andre being Stefano's son, did we ever hear who his mother was?  Are he and Tony brothers/

Eli had a good point about wanting to be in his child's life.

Tony and Andre have different mothers. I believe Andre's mother was Stefano's sister in law, married to one of his brothers. He had plastic surgery when he was younger to look like Tony. 

Tony's mom was Daphne Dimera, John's former mother and sister to Philomena Alamain, John's adopted mom and sister in law to Vivian. 

There was really no reason to make Andre a sibling. They should of just left him as a nephew and had Stefano adopt him if they wanted him to have a "sibling" stake in things. That would of been good writing instead of retconning his paternity. 

• Love 6

Lani, you do need to come clean about the baby daddy. Do you think that JJ will never find out? It's cruel of you to do so. Makes you needy and insecure. Eli does deserve to know the truth, and he will also find out about it someday. You should not be playing with other people's lives.  The consequences of this dishonesty will be ugly.

Abby and Gabi, each throwing shade for each others' crimes.

Steve would look better with a monocle than those glasses.

Wonder who was on the surveillance tape. And who has Andre's phone.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, annabel said:

I am super disappointed that Steve was not wearing a monocle. also, I hope we find out soon why John is pouring little vials of stuff into his drinks

I was thinking - why not just get a contact?

John seems upset about pouring the vials into the drinks.  Remember how Stefano used to control him?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, annabel said:

Gabi: did YOU kill Andre?

Abby: Of course not

Gabi: why would you think I did?

Abby: well, you did kill Nick

Gabi: You set Ben ON FIRE

point to Gabi

Um... they both were correct and had good points. I'd call that a draw. (And if Ben was really lit on fire that badly, why didn't he have any scars?)

Gabi did just say she was going to kill Andre, Abby didn't just pull that out of thin air. Plus, Abby kept that little nugget to herself when talking with the Salem PD out of what I assume are her feelings of friendship for Gabi, so, I can see why she wanted to at least discuss it with her. They are both pretty capable of doing bodily harm to others, however. So, I get Gabi being defensive about it. 

The whole conversation just makes me think Abby is a front runner in the who murdered Andre sweepstakes. You just know she's going to be on that security footage or Stephan will have pulled some kind of manuever  where he somehow has hidden the footage of her being there to either protect her or blackmail her. 

• Love 1

Yup, Abby is looking mighty guilty. I'm so here for seeing Marci out-breakdown Kate.

Kate/Chad's conversation was great. Well performed and great content discussed. Glad they aren't suddenly turning Kate into some sanctimonious widow.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yup, Abby is looking mighty guilty. I'm so here for seeing Marci out-breakdown Kate.

Kate/Chad's conversation was great. Well performed and great content discussed. Glad they aren't suddenly turning Kate into some sanctimonious widow.

Marci's got that whole "I'm so shaken up I may just throw up" thing down,  with visible trembling and uneven breathing to actual tears that convey her rising panic. She may have been a little extra during the Andre is discovered murdered scene, but I'll forgive her for it. I think she is a wonderfully subtle actress most of the time. 

• Love 1

I am a few days behind and catching up now. I just want to say how much I love that Anna looks like a real woman. She has a few wrinkles and is a bit jowly and has a slightly fuller figure and I love that the actress is secure enough in her womanhood to stay that way.

• Love 12