Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, nilyank said:

But not the biggest monster on this show.

Biggest monster of all time for the entire history of the show?  No, I agree.

But currently?  She definitely is, IMO.  Because even Ben couldn't continue hurting Will; but Sami wanted Ben to continue.  Unreal!  Completely disgusting, and I can't really even believe that I just watched that, or that a writer came up with it in the first place.  I sure hope that writer wasn't thinking "hey, this is what a loving mother would do!  The audience will love it!"  At least I hope that the writers were as horrified as I was by the behavior they were creating for this character.

• Love 1

I don’t think that RC is horrified at all considering my viewing experience with him on two other soaps.

And Ben is worse than Sami as he did kill people in order to get rid of his romantic rival and blame him for his crimes.

Plus as long as Andre is there who was savoring in killing his victims including own siblings, he will always be the worse monster on this show despite what that moron Abby thinks.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I don’t think that RC is horrified at all considering my viewing experience with him on two other soaps.

And Ben is worse than Sami as he did kill people in order to get rid of his romantic rival and blame him for his crimes.

Plus as long as Andre is there who was savoring in killing his victims including own siblings, he will always be the worse monster on this show despite what that moron Abby thinks.

Abby is an idiot. She was around when Andre did Melaswen and her father was one of his victims.  Her loyalty to Andre is stupid.  It makes no sense..

Kate's relationship with Roman imploded because of Andre.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Biggest monster of all time for the entire history of the show?  No, I agree.

But currently?  She definitely is, IMO.  Because even Ben couldn't continue hurting Will; but Sami wanted Ben to continue.  Unreal!  Completely disgusting, and I can't really even believe that I just watched that, or that a writer came up with it in the first place.  I sure hope that writer wasn't thinking "hey, this is what a loving mother would do!  The audience will love it!"  At least I hope that the writers were as horrified as I was by the behavior they were creating for this character.

You really don't know writers of this type of soaps..

We are so on the same wavelength FNKY. I honestly can't wrap my head around what Sami was thinking...or for that matter what Ron was thinking writing this for Sami. It's certainly a big splashy stunt, but what does it get us? We've already seen Will resent Sami and Sami desperate to try and earn his love back. It's an old beat for them with a new horrible wrinkle. I'm not looking forward to seeing it develop.

I suppose that Alison Sweeney had limited time to film and they needed to write a big exit for her and an explanation for why Will won't interact with her for months to come...but it just feels like character assassination. Is this the Ron some of guys you were warning us about?

I could maybe understand Andre going this route as he's obviously nuts and has already tried brainwashing Chad before. If he's trying to be a good guy but is still a psycho at heart, this would be a way he might try and "help" Will remember.

....but Sami? The Sami who was devastated by Will's death? The Sami who would have given anything to see her son alive again would honestly put him in physical jeopardy at the hands of the person who she believed had choked the life out of him? Two or three days after finding out he was alive? I don't understand how Sami could bear to watch Ben reenact his murder of Will, especially when she just got Will back in her life. None of this makes any sense. So much for vowing to keep the monsters at bay, Sami.

I've been feeling that ever since Alison Sweeney came back, Sami has been acting so insanely that the only way to make it work would be if Allison's performance was a little schizo and all over the place. A Sami who's going around pulling guns on people and punching people out and breaking and entering and arguing with police officers should probably look like she hasn't slept in 3 weeks. Instead, Sweeney has looked mildly peeved and emotional but pretty okay. No bags under her eyes. No "I've lost touch of reality and I'm going to go to dangerous extremes that I wouldn't if I was better rested"  twitchiness. Her pleading and apologizing to Will today was really spooky because it didn't sound at all like Sami. Sami is more self-aware than this. Ron has given her the mental and emotional maturity of a four-year-old. What grown woman picks up a psychology book and reads one sentence and then suddenly sets out to do something like this?!

I think Allison was trying to humanize the performance a little bit, but this might have worked better if she just came off like someone who'd had a complete psychotic break. For me to accept that this is Sami doing her best to find a reasonable solution to Will's problems, I would just have to accept that Sami is a complete idiot who may be suffered brain damage at some point.

I can't say she's been phoning it in because she hasn't... but Ron should have told her what things were building towards so that she could sell it in a way that was believable.

And before I forget... Didn't she pull this entire scheme together in one day? And wasn't that day also Thanksgiving? Are people still at Doug's place chowing down on Turkey and ham? Is the person who lives in that apartment now going to come home to see Ben getting dragged out of it?

Ben and Will did give terrific performances though. Chandler hasn't impressed me much so far but his physical reaction to the choking scene was very convincing.

I hate Ben as a character and I don't like the actor and it really bothers me that Ron is slowly redeeming him. His pulling back from completely murdering Will was supposed to be such an obvious redemption moment for this character. That it's happening at the expense of Sami makes me even more resentful. I can't believe for a second that Ben is smarter than Sami or has a stronger grip on reality.

And while we're discussing internal character logic, why the hell would Ben even agree to go through with trying to murder Will again? It's not like his character always had some pathological need to strangle the life out of things. The whole Necktie Killer business was an improvised way to get Chad out of the picture.

.... cripes this is such a baffling story idea.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Andre doing what he did to Roman (and others) during that storyline certainly played a part, but that wasn't the main contributor to their marriage blowing up.  That was predominantly Kate setting up Sami and Brandon and lying to Roman about it when he came back.

Nope.  I'm not even putting the bulk of that on one Andre, no matter how I feel about him.  Kate took care of ruining her marriage to Roman all (or largely) by herself.

7 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Andre doing what he did to Roman (and others) during that storyline certainly played a part, but that wasn't the main contributor to their marriage blowing up.  That was predominantly Kate setting up Sami and Brandon and lying to Roman about it when he came back.

Nope.  I'm not even putting the bulk of that on one Andre, no matter how I feel about him.  Kate took care of ruining her marriage to Roman all (or largely) by herself.

My point is that Kate should not trust and confide in Andre. Kate and Abby have suffered in the past due to Andre's psychopathy.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, nilyank said:

Please tell me that there is a team of writers, and not just RC...  

Andre hasn't done anything horrific since he's returned, has he?  So yes, *currently* I think Sami is a worse monster.  She just proved herself yesterday, whereas everyone else seems to be pretending that Andre isn't that bad.  If the show is attempting to change history, I let them.  I'm going with what I'm currently watching.  (Or not watching, because most of the show is boring lately, IMO.) 

Totally agree with you too, @DisneyBoy

18 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Please tell me that there is a team of writers, and not just RC...  

Andre hasn't done anything horrific since he's returned, has he?  So yes, *currently* I think Sami is a worse monster.  She just proved herself yesterday, whereas everyone else seems to be pretending that Andre isn't that bad.  If the show is attempting to change history, I let them.  I'm going with what I'm currently watching.  (Or not watching, because most of the show is boring lately, IMO.) 

Totally agree with you too, @DisneyBoy

The normalization of Andre is disturbing to me on so many levels. He stabbed people to death and enjoyed every minute of it. I am not the biggest Sami fan, but, Andre is much worst.  My beloved Benjy was buried alive, I cannot imagine, a death, worst than that..

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The normalization of Andre is disturbing to me on so many levels. He stabbed people to death and enjoyed every minute of it. I am not the biggest Sami fan, but, Andre is much worst.  My beloved Benjy was buried alive, I cannot imagine, a death, worst than that..

Sorry, I guess a lot of factors go in to my opinion - for another example, I wasn't watching back then and I can't even recall who Benjy was.  Maybe if I had actually seen Andre do these horrible things, I'd buy it more.  Right now, he's just Kate's goofy sidekick to me.  But what I did see was Sami break a mental patient out of the hospital and use him in an attempted murder plot against her own son.  So I'm going with that - and her - as the most horrific monster currently on the show.  (Guess it's a "what have you done for me lately" kind of thing.)

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Sorry, I guess a lot of factors go in to my opinion - for another example, I wasn't watching back then and I can't even recall who Benjy was.  Maybe if I had actually seen Andre do these horrible things, I'd buy it more.  Right now, he's just Kate's goofy sidekick to me.  But what I did see was Sami break a mental patient out of the hospital and use him in an attempted murder plot against her own son.  So I'm going with that - and her - as the most horrific monster currently on the show.  (Guess it's a "what have you done for me lately" kind of thing.)

I understand your point about not knowing Andre's history and judging him based on his characterization currently on the show..  I just don't see Sami as a monster.  I am highly critical of her, but, this is who Sami has always been. She is impulsive and shoots from the hip. In her mind, she was doing a good thing.  I don't understand why Ron did this to Sami. It was gratuitous and in the long run, it accomplished nothing..

• Love 5

I have to say that not knowing most of the show's history has helped my viewing experience a lot. If I had watched every character commit murder and go to jail and get married once or twice already, there'd be nothing new to look forward to. I don't know how you guys manage to stay fans of this show having already seen it all happen before.

• Love 3

Claire, stop. You're making them cry!

LOL

"Why does the morning sky feel not right?"

Why does the lyrics feel not right?

*eyeroll*

Ciara is....already...I'm...ugh. Please get back on the bike and take your hair with you.

Sami and Rafe having sex after the conversation they just had? Pretty disgusting: I tried to semi-strangle my son and he won't talk to me! Baaww! By the way, Hurricane Sami is here for you Rafey.

In other news, Jennifer's hair had volume today! Look for the good and you'll find it.

• Love 4

I don't exactly mind Claire's singing, it just usually feels contrived when it happens.  I did like the candlelight vigil and Abe's speech about Theo was rather beautiful and heartfelt--the old Abe is back.

I'm really bothered by how Hope speaks about Sami now--her contemptuous "your ex-wife" to Rafe whenever she mentions Sami--as if Hope and Sami haven't been family for twenty years.  Strange.

I appreciate Eli and Gabi having a discussion about race and police shooting, and the fact that Eli knows JJ and they've worked together adds another layer but Eli's kind of showing his own personal bias and it's not a good look nor does it lend credence to JJ's getting a fair investigation.

I'm not sure about Ciara--need more data :):)

• Love 2

Here's a question... why was Rafe named the new commissioner and not Eli?  At this point, all three of them have committed "crimes," but it seems like Eli's was the least egregious (shooting a suspect who was holding a hostage, right?) and he has the FBI training.  Clearly, I know Abe had to name Rafe to create the drama, but really... neither Hope or Rafe ever made much sense.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Clearly, I know Abe had to name Rafe to create the drama, but really... neither Hope or Rafe ever made much sense.

Everything that's happening seems to be to create the drama, but I do think this is the best writing the show has had since I started watching again 3 years ago. 

One thing I don't like, though, is all the "retconned" memories. Like during Abe's touching Theo story, all I could keep thinking was Theo didn't go high school for 2 years. Maybe 2 months.  I mean, he and the other kids, went from 9 year olds to high school students going to their prom, then a minute later to college students. So I would have preferred a memory, even a fake one, of Theo and Ciara.  Especially when today was the day Ciara re-appeared.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Because we've seen in the past that Sami deals with grief by screwing the first person she encounters.

Also not the first time tha -- ah, you know what? I'm gonna leave well enough alone. For once.

1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm really bothered by how Hope speaks about Sami now--her contemptuous "your ex-wife" to Rafe whenever she mentions Sami--as if Hope and Sami haven't been family for twenty years.  Strange.

They did the same thing with Kayla, Maggie and Jennifer.  They completely backtracked on the progress Sami and Carrie had made in their relationship to.

I guess Sami will have sex with Rafe, get blamed for everything, because it will be written as horrible Sami took advantage of Rafe (can't hold Rafe responsible for anything he does).  Then Sami will leave Salem with everyone hating her.  They keep wasting Sami's returns.

• Love 2

I'm so happy Eli gathered Gabi all the way together.  Didn't this chick shoot someone (granted Nick was trying to rape her) but she did time for that!  She should know what injustice is especially as a Latina!  Then she used the "He's not racist because he has a black girlfriend excuse."  I never knew Gabi was this ignorant.  Not liking her.  Yet in terms of writing this is a very Agnes Nixon thing she would had done.  Have politically correct and incorrect versions of a controversial social issue to challenge the audience.  So thank you Ron for being a student of Nixon. 

Ugh! These two buffoons Rafe and Sami getting emotionally drunk.  Bring on the guilt sex from the looks of it and Rafe's excuse for why he hopped in bed with Sami.  This show's double standards never surprises.  You can tell who's KC's pets.  EJ got dragged for screwing lame Abigail when Sami wanted a break. Over/Under the odds of Rafe getting the same treatment when it comes to Hope and Sami?? ?

The candlelight visual was fine.  I'm over the show still trying to make Claire into Taylor Swift.  Please give it up!  Stop it! 

NuCiara pulling up on her motorcycle: YAAAAAAAASSS!!!  I see you,  Sherri, that was your influence. That will leave an impression.  No holding out for a hero playing in the background but I'll take it. I can't wait til she utters her lines. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

Sami and EJ were still engaged and a couple when EJ cheated, and Slappy was written as being the victim while Sami was the bad guy.  Rafe and Hope are broken up.  However, when Sami cheated on Rafe, she was villified but Rafe sneaking around with Sami's married sister Carrie was okay because Rafe and Carrie are considered good and better than Sami.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Abby is an idiot. She was around when Andre did Melaswen and her father was one of his victims.  Her loyalty to Andre is stupid.  It makes no sense..

Make sense since Abigail has always had a thing for Dimera men.

I thought today's episode was solid, the best in awhile.  Lots of in-depth dialogue between characters.  I liked the back & forth scenes between Hope talking to Jennifer and Rafe talking to Sami...different perspectives.  A solid & topical scene between Eli & Gabi...again different points of view that are discussed IRL.  I was LOL at Sami's line "You didnt' get the memo, EVERYTHING Revolves Around Me"!  Loved the way Alison delivered that line.  Abe & Valerie's scenes was touching & emotional.  I liked Tripp showing his better side by helping Claire plan the candelight vigil.   Sami IS acting like a crazy woman, but she has always been a Hurricane :)  So now, we have Rafe&Sami falling back into each other's arms,  JJ&Gabi & I guess, Eli & Lani.    NuCiara has great hair!

• Love 6

I don't know why but I found Sami and Rafe kinda hot.  Maybe because I've always hated Rafe with Hope, maybe because I was taking a break when Sami and Rafe were together the first time.   All I know is it's the first interest I've had (other than John/Marlena) since they broke up Gabi and Chad.

• Love 4

I think I'd be happier with the race injustice if there had been some mention of Salem having had some issues with racial profiling, etc. Something that should have been in The Spectator. A bit more thought out. JJ had no idea who he shot. The person was wearing a hoodie. I appreciate Eli's conflicted feelings but unless you look at the world as a whole and the US in the past year, it kinda came out of nowhere.

I FF'd through most of Claire's singing. How original for Ciara to roll back in to town on a motorcycle, like her father did.

Rafe, why Sami? Familiar history? Not a good idea as you and Hope just broke up. No man will ever be Bo, but Hope, it is okay to love someone else. You can love many people. Maybe you were just looking at an excuse to dump Rafe. But Sami, everything does revolve around you. You are the sun that the Salemites revolve around.

• Love 5

I understand why Sami and Rafe seek solace in each other.  They were married.  They were on good terms when Sami left Salem.  Rafe cares about all of Sami's children including Will.  Sami can't turn to Lucas since he's one of the people furious with Sami right now.  Also, Rafe like so many other people in Salem, believes in keeping it in the family.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I think I'd be happier with the race injustice if there had been some mention of Salem having had some issues with racial profiling, etc. Something that should have been in The Spectator. A bit more thought out. JJ had no idea who he shot. The person was wearing a hoodie. I appreciate Eli's conflicted feelings but unless you look at the world as a whole and the US in the past year, it kinda came out of nowhere.

I get where Eli is coming from, but did we establish that JJ ever saw the color of Theo's skin? I thought that what JJ saw in the night was a dude running in a hoodie. He then went on and wrongly assumed said dude was holding a gun. And that's where the whole JJ has let some latent racial bias inform how he handled a pivotal moment in his life and career loses something for me. They need to be clear on what JJ saw. This is a soap. We usually get to see and hear the truth of a character's thoughts and feelings. Idk, maybe they plan to reveal that slowly as the investigation moves forward. Maybe it's something that will take time for him to come to grips with. I just wish I knew how to feel about it. I'll admit It mostly just makes me uncomfortable, and maybe that's part of the point. 

However it ends, I don't think JJ should be a police officer, anymore. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I understand why Sami and Rafe seek solace in each other.  They were married.  They were on good terms when Sami left Salem.  Rafe cares about all of Sami's children including Will.  Sami can't turn to Lucas since he's one of the people furious with Sami right now.  Also, Rafe like so many other people in Salem, believes in keeping it in the family.

The only reason there is this ridiculous hook up is in order to give contrived angst to the Rafe/Hope pairing..The Sami's character is just a prop and a tool here..and she deserve SO MUCH better..thankfully..she is almost gone, that way they can not use her to prop lesser characters anymore..

Edited by pau
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:07 PM, buffynut said:

I'm happy any way that Rafe and Hope break up, but I'd have preferred Hope break up with him. Either way, the last 2 days have been the most passionate scenes they've ever had together. And so glad the writers are finally remembering Bo.

I have been hoping for this for so long, but, I wish, like Buffynut wrote, that HOPE SHOULD HAVE BROKEN UP WITH HIM.  'Sorry for yelling but that pissed me off.  Those 2 have no chemistry, never have.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, pau said:

The only reason there is this ridiculous hook up is in order to give contrived angst to the Rafe/Hope pairing..The Sami's character is just a prop and a tool here..and she deserve SO MUCH better..thankfully..she is almost gone, that way they can not use her to prop lesser characters anymore..

They did the same thing last time AS returned for a visit.  Sami returned for Will's funeral, had a few good scenes with Lucas and Kate, was held prisoner by Andre for a little while, and then left Salem with the Dimera fortune.  I have no doubt that everyone will be blaming all their problems on Sami long after she is gone, however, the writers and Ken Corday have once again failed to realize why Sami was such a popular character.  Seeing Sami scheme and try to cover her tracks was entertaining.  The fallout with Sami no longer in Salem won't be interesting because the interesting character left the building.

• Love 5

I hope Ron brings snow to Salem this holiday season. I miss seeing snow on this show.

I agree on your reasons why this Sami stint is less than stellar, Tiger. It's going to suck if she leaves and everyone grumbles about her. The show has done this with Kristen and Xander and Clyde too. It's more interest watching consequences play out.

I wonder if New Ciara will have chemistry with Hope or Theo. Or Shawn D for that matter. Won't he come back too, since he was housing her in Hong Kong?

• Love 2
On 11/30/2017 at 11:41 PM, Star Aristille said:

Well to be fair Roman did impregnate Marlena and Kate was with John.  I think Roman and Kate were doomed from melaswen. It wasn't the only reason, but it did snowball everything. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I wonder if New Ciara will have chemistry with Hope or Theo. Or Shawn D for that matter. Won't he come back too, since he was housing her in Hong Kong?

With Hope now unemployed and romantically unattached, she should have some spare time to spend with Ciara. Maybe they'll bring back Hope's house set, and have a Christmas tree and decorations.  Although more likely all the Christmas scenes will be at the Horton house, which absolutely needs to be back for the holiday season.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

With Hope now unemployed and romantically unattached, she should have some spare time to spend with Ciara. Maybe they'll bring back Hope's house set, and have a Christmas tree and decorations.  Although more likely all the Christmas scenes will be at the Horton house, which absolutely needs to be back for the holiday season.

Really looking forward to the Horton Christmas. With Will back and Eli here now. Not to mention what JJ and Theo are going through. 

Now might be a great time to bring Greta back. I'm looking forward to new Ciara but have always loved the Greta/Hope mother/daughter relationship. I would also like to see a Greta/Eric/Jennifer story. The history not only with Eric but with Greta and Jack could be interesting to watch unfold. 

• Love 2

I really liked the set for Steve and Kayla's house. I hate that there's this shadow hanging over it because of Ava and now Tripp since it would be nice to see them make some good memories in that house.

I wonder how and when Ron will address the Caroline issue. She's been off the show for almost 2 years now. Peggy should get to spend her time however she pleases, but it would be so nice to get to see her on the show again in any capacity.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Stella Rose said:

How incredibly meta that Sami mentioned the "Monkey Paw".  How many times have we all been Days-burned by taunting the paw?  I could not believe I was hearing that!!  

I know when Sami mentioned the Monkey Paw it was an Easter egg, but I'm having trouble remembering the past storyline.  Can you refresh my memory?

• Love 2

So it looks like KM's Abby former role of self-involved raging bitch is now Ciara's.  Good LORD, but the new Ciara is an idiot and she also now has the Horton habit of revising history.    Ciara's blaming Claire for losing her chance with Theo even though Ciara dumped Theo in the first place because she developed a crush on Chad.

And I love it when characters talk about other people "getting them" because apparently they are so complicated that it takes someone special to understand them--yes new Ciara is certainly a special snowflake with her new attitude, leather jacket and non-existent driving abilities.  And I loved Hope's busting Ciara on not having a motorcycle license--wow what a badass.

It's good seeing Shawn Douglas and Belle again and their hugging Claire was rather sweet--she definitely needs her parents now that her aunt has become unglued.

I also like Steve's realizing that there's more to Tripp's story about Kate.  Go Steve, make Kate confess :)

• Love 3

They cast the last Ciara for her eyebrows and this one for her hair. I'm over this character.

And now I'm officially over Claire. I really wanted to love this actress and at the start I think she was playing the part rather sympathetically, but now she's settled into this really fake Valley Girl performance and I can't take it anymore. Her songs are vapid and at a time like this, when all she can do is talk about how much she's worried about Theo, she sure doesn't show it. She didn't shed a single tear at all. She's smiling and being all bubbly and acting as though she's not sure what grade she'll get on her midterm. She can say she loves Theo and she can say she loves Ciara but I don't buy a single word that comes out of her mouth.

I really thought the Sami Rafe hook up would-be grief sex given how massively she screwed up with Will, but instead Sami is totally fine and not at all worried about having nearly murdered her son or broken up her aunt's marriage. It's like this writing is totally at odds with any emotional logic. I can't follow it.

I'm at the point now where I want Kate and Lucas to shut up. This show is all about repeating the same lines of dialogue instead of showing us the nuances of people's experiences. You would think Kate, having already tried to drag Lucas to rehab and failed, would take a new approach instead of saying the same things over and over. But nope. And while Lucas wasn't acting all sloppy today, which I am grateful for, he was still doing his same self-pitying routine and I just don't care anymore. If he's going to change his reasons for needing to drink based on whatever bad thing happens that day or that week then I'm just going to stop listening. And no, it doesn't make any sense that Will being alive isn't good enough for either of his parents.  Who cares if he has amnesia! How many times have people come back to Salem from the dead with amnesia!! They always get over it! BE PATIENT!!

Sorry but in spite of the fact that Ron has moved the show in generally smart directions I'm still not really enjoying it much.

Has anybody else noticed all the weird sound editing problems? It didn't happen today, but I've noticed several times now how in the middle of a scene an actor will be speaking and their voice will suddenly sound really muffled and then it'll clear up. I don't think it's a problem with my TV or computer. If the sound equipment doesn't pick up the dialogue properly can't they run the scene again?

It was nice to see Martha back as Belle though. I've really grown to like her.

If Sami's supposed to be staying in a hotel room they probably shouldn't have made it look exactly like Marlena's living room. If not for the do not disturb sign hanging on the door knob on Friday I would have assumed this was supposed to be Marlena's townhouse when it clearly isn't.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really thought the Sami Rafe hook up would-be grief sex given how massively she screwed up with Will, but instead Sami is totally fine and not at all worried about having nearly murdered her son or broken up her aunt's marriage. It's like this writing is totally at odds with any emotional logic. I can't follow it.

But isn't that Sami though?  She's mentally unstable (I have no idea what a correct medical term for it would be) because she does these batshit crazy things all the time and never has any remorse.  

• Love 3
23 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I know when Sami mentioned the Monkey Paw it was an Easter egg, but I'm having trouble remembering the past storyline.  Can you refresh my memory?

12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah, I don't know a thing about this paw....it's an inside joke?

Doesn't it have to do with the old story about the man who made three wishes on an old mummified monkey's paw, even after being warned that the wishes come with consequences?  Basically, the moral of the story is be careful what you wish for. 

• Love 2

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

♀?♀?♀?
WELCOME BACK SASSY, STRAIGHT FORWARD, TAKE NO BULLSHIT CIARA ALICE BRADY!!!
♀?♀?♀?

I haven't seen a teen that has made an instant impact this early since made Jennifer Finnigan over at Bold but omg VICTORIA KONEFAL IS FIRE!!!  Yaaaaas.  She can actually act and Ms. Anderson and Mr Quan got Ciara's character development down pat how she should had been from Little Ciara to this point in her life.  I'm so happy she up and got Claire together straight out the gate!!!  I been waiting for someone to get that little fickle broad together. Auntie Ciara is ripped her a new one: the letter, how Claire took Theo from Ciara, and how she's been far too nice dealing with Claire.  I think Claire almost pissed herself.  Tripp STFU get the popcorn and enjoy.  Stay out of your semi-family business between these two.  I know you want to pork your somewhat cousin Claire but she needs to be called out!!  I also loved her scenes with Hope.  Those are the scenes I remember from Little Ciara when Ciara use to be sassy, Hope had to parent.  I'm glad Kristian and Victoria has instant chemistry as mother and daughter.  
This whole episode  could had been about Ciara and I been ok with it.

excited1.gif

Rafe and Sami - YALL NASTY AF!!!  Yall fucked and now yall give a damn about Hope's feelings.  Rafe slid his sausage in Sami after a few hrs now want to care about Hope.  All because Sami wants to stay Mrs Dimera.  He had compete with ghost Bo's and now ghost EJ's.  HAHAHA!!!  Poor Snuffleupagus.  I wish Hope found Dario and fucked his brains out like Rafe did with Sami after that bullshit he told Hope last week that he could easily move on.  Please no you can't! 

Kate and Lucas scenes were very well performed.  Lucas deserved his ripping.  He's gone weeks without knowing about Theo.  Dude is a hardcore drunk.  That's awful.  Get help Lucas. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

I haven't seen a teen that has made an instant impact this early since made Jennifer Finnigan over at Bold but omg VICTORIA KONEFAL IS FIRE!!!  Yaaaaas.  She can actually act and Ms. Anderson and Mr Quan got Ciara's character development down pat how she should had been from Little Ciara to this point in her life.  I'm so happy she up and got Claire together straight out the gate!!!  I been waiting for someone to get that little fickle broad together. Auntie Ciara is ripped her a new one: the letter, how Claire took Theo from Ciara, and how she's been far too nice dealing with Claire.  I think Claire almost pissed herself.  Tripp STFU get the popcorn and enjoy.  Stay out of your semi-family business between these two.  I know you want to pork your somewhat cousin Claire but she needs to be called out!!  I also loved her scenes with Hope.  Those are the scenes I remember from Little Ciara when Ciara use to be sassy, Hope had to parent.  I'm glad Kristian and Victoria has instant chemistry as mother and daughter.  

I adored seeing Ciara.  I loved everything that she said to Claire.  I do wish that she was having a rivalry with Allie and not Claire.  The Allie/Ciara rivalry would have been consistent with their history as kids on the show.  Ciara should be a spitfire and not the wimpy victim that Dena/Griffith created. I hope that the show will never revisit her rape on the show. It was unnecessary and ruined a good character like Chase.

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm at the point now where I want Kate and Lucas to shut up. This show is all about repeating the same lines of dialogue instead of showing us the nuances of people's experiences. You would think Kate, having already tried to drag Lucas to rehab and failed, would take a new approach instead of saying the same things over and over. But nope. And while Lucas wasn't acting all sloppy today, which I am grateful for, he was still doing his same self-pitying routine and I just don't care anymore. If he's going to change his reasons for needing to drink based on whatever bad thing happens that day or that week then I'm just going to stop listening. And no, it doesn't make any sense that Will being alive isn't good enough for either of his parents.  Who cares if he has amnesia! How many times have people come back to Salem from the dead with amnesia!! They always get over it! BE PATIENT!!

I too am over Lucas' alcoholism. It seems like a gimmick. Flash with no substance,  typical Ron.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BlackMamba said:

I'm so happy she up and got Claire together straight out the gate!!!  I been waiting for someone to get that little fickle broad together. Auntie Ciara is ripped her a new one: the letter, how Claire took Theo from Ciara, and how she's been far too nice dealing with Claire.

I love revisionist history--Claire didn't steal Theo from anybody let alone Ciara--Ciara decided to dump his ass because she liked Chad better and when Chad very rightly rejected her, she thought she could scoop Theo back up except  he was now interested in Claire.  Ciara only has herself to blame for losing Theo

And Theo did read Ciara's letter and he decided not to call Ciara about it, so how is she going to twist this inconvenient fact to suit her purposes? 

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 7

As I said on Twitter Ciara wants revenge on Claire because of her hiding the letter from Theo, who she didn't want till Claire had him? If that little girl doesn't have several Fuckin seats & stfu. She was too busy sniffin after Chad to give Theo any  damn thought until her niece had him. I can't stand females like that she wants too have her cake & eat it too. Bitch you ani't no victim, noone stole a damn thing from you because you never had him. Theo saw the letter & still choose the one who really wanted him.

Claire should've thrown in Ciara's face that she turned Theo down too chase after a grown ass man who didn't want her ass twice. Bitch is just as selfish as Claire is. I'm not here for Ron revisionist history with Claire/Ciara/Theo too make Ciara some sorta "badass" that she ani't. Ron needs too learn & be schooled on what badass is cause Ciara childish selfish ass ani't it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GalvDuck said:

Doesn't it have to do with the old story about the man who made three wishes on an old mummified monkey's paw, even after being warned that the wishes come with consequences?  Basically, the moral of the story is be careful what you wish for. 

I think we meant more along the lines of "Was this a past storyline or was this an allegory that was referenced between Sami and Will in the show's history?"  The way it was mentioned made it seem like it was something we saw actually play out on the show, whether the telling of the story or the moral, between Sami and Will in the past. 

Umm, Ciara can go ahead and shut up immediately. Damn, Days. I hate her big haired ass, already.

I ff through Lucas and Kate. I'm so over his bullshit. 

Rafe sucks. 

Today's show mostly left me annoyed. 

• Love 2