Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Abby's whole mind went black and she found the strength to club Ben right in the face.

Oh so Abigail punched him? I missed the beginning of the episode so I guess I have to now backtrack on my criticisms of Abigail and her lack of reaction!

• Love 1

I enjoyed today's episode, but I think I liked Friday's better.  Today seemed a bit of hurry up and wait.  

I did like the way they combined the Sonny/Will flashbacks with Abby's vows. Course I'd never seen them before, so they weren't flashbacks to me. 

Wondering if that is it for the scenes between Ben & Abby, since he basically gave her the brush-off and said he was there for Sonny & Paul. 

Like others have mentioned, I too wonder what's happened to Freddie Smith's acting. When I first started watching, I was team Sonny, as it was during the time when Guy Wilson's Will wrote the article about Sami, went to LA, then cheated with Paul.  Maybe I was just sympathetic to the Sonny character, as the Will character was being written so badly. All I know is I liked Sonny before he went to Paris(?) and haven't liked him much since his return.

Looks like more people are noticing Adrienne's odd behaviour. What is Bonnie's long-term plan anyway? Surely she doesn't think she can fool everyone forever.

Haven't read the spoiler thread in over a week, so have no idea what's going to happen the rest of the week. 

• Love 3

I love MM's Abby so much.  She can have her vulnerable moments like a heroine but she will stand up for herself and actually hit you if given the opportunity.  The last Abby, yeah she burnt Ben up, but she always had the whole Salem USA fighting her battles for her and feeling bad for her.  

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

Glad that Paige's murder was also mentioned (though surprised that it was by Sonny, as I really thought that J.J. would bring it up), but where was the mention of Serena?  Yes, I know she was a flop of a character (and her storyline was, as well), but Ben did kill her, too, and she should've been dropped in passing.  Abigail and Jennifer were friends with her and could've said something.  And hell, when Ben was caught after Abigail burned him, even J.J. mentioned Serena while he was confronting him while he (Ben) was passed out.  Though I guess the only one who would've cared enough to mention it was Eric, who wasn't even there.

• Love 1

Jeez, they sure spent a lot of time starting off today's show with the ending of Friday's show.

Damn, Marci as Abigail taking control of her life and the situation and running down the aisle to slug Ben was just totally made of win.

Oh, man, the Chandler and Freddie flashbacks! Freddie's face when he remembering those scenes was just great.  Without saying a word. They should have shown us Paul's face when he was watching Sonny.

Dammit, it really sucks that Adrienne isn't there to be with Sonny.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 5

I watched today for the first time in forever and honestly I enjoyed the hell outta that. Some of the performances weren't up to snuff (mainly Freddie), but most of them were excellent. Ben is so fun!

Maybe I'll just start watching this regularly and fully give up on GH.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Anyone hear if they are going to re-air todays episode. It was preempted by Vegas coverage here in upstate NY and Days doesnt come up on my DirectTV on demand. Really bummed because I have been looking forward to todays show since Friday.

• Love 2

The punch didn't come off as a bad as I was expecting it to. 

I love seeing that much of the cast interacting. It's just so nice. We never get to see that kind of stuff anymore. 

Paul and Sonny got nothing on Will and Sonny for me. Sorry, Sparkle. 

I want to like Lani, but the actress just has a horrible delivery. Screw it, keep her around on the periphery until she grows as an actress. 

Ben didn't suck. Cool. 

• Love 5
On 9/28/2017 at 7:48 AM, buffynut said:

Good for you, DisneyBoy.  So there's at least 3 of us, assuming Anabel hasn't fallen off the spoiler-free wagon.  Anyone else?

I'm trying to go spoiler free.  I even unfollowed SOD on FB because they spoiled Ben's reveal before it aired. I unfollowed other soap sites, too. I think I'll enjoy the show more.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cupcake04 said:

Anyone hear if they are going to re-air todays episode. It was preempted by Vegas coverage here in upstate NY and Days doesnt come up on my DirectTV on demand. Really bummed because I have been looking forward to todays show since Friday.

We got the whole episode here in El Paso, TX.  But you can always check NBC.com for the episode, if you want.  It should be up on the site by now.

The show did not air here.  Some one uploaded a clip of Ben at  the wedding.  The punch wasn’t in it.  Wondering did Ben make any comments about Abby being a whole new person ?

the clip I did see was all about Will.   Ben called Paul slugger LOL.   

Kate was the only one who seemed angry.   Marlena seemed in shock.  Sony is not a great actor but you could see he wanted what Ben was saying to be true.  

• Love 1

Nope, Ben didn't make any comments about Abby being a whole new person. He did look awfully good for a burn victim. Wonder why he waited til now to come forward with this. He's had quite some time to do so. Timing is everything! Abby's punch just wasn't good enough. A bit more.... with anger.

Adrienne seemed pretty cold with Sonny. Granted, Bonnie wouldn't care.

JJ is still too decent. He needs to flirt with some darkness.

• Love 2

In case you missed today's show, it's up on nbc.com already.

17 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Wonder why he waited til now to come forward with this. He's had quite some time to do so.

He read a news report about Sonny and Paul getting married.

• Love 2

Today was the first day of Days that I have watche live - as it aired in over 10 years.  I was that jazzed after Friday's (real) cliffhanger.  I have to say, wee warts and all, thank you Ron!  I think Days may just make it a bit longer.

As someone who has watched (er, listened) since I was in the Womb, I must say I am really, really happy with the turn that Days has taken of late.

Seeing the beloved vets Doug and Julie (even thought the latest writers tried to wreck them) not being horrible, and seeing the mistakes of the past writers (Killing Will most notably - among 1000 others) being righted,  I am thrilled.  I know a lot of hand waving will have to take place, but the last two (three ?) writers wrote beloved characters into the ground.  If RC can fix it - I will be waving like a mad woman.

My only gripes are Bonn-drienne still hanging around (come on, Adrienne should be front and center for Jackson...Sonny's wedding), Brady still being a cro-mag,  and the writers allowing the always amazing AZ (Nicole) to leave - GRR, but all in all - I am very happy - and thankful - for the way Days is turning around.  Well done all.

As to why *everyone* has waited so long to address everything (Ben to show up, Sonny to talk about Will, blah, blah, whatever cakes) it's because the last f____ing writer refused to even acknowledge history, let alone address it.  *see hand-waving note above.

Edited by Stella Rose
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

I am in Indianapolis, they are airing Monday's show at 2:30am...so will have to set my DVR...

2 hours ago, Rowan said:

Paul and Sonny got nothing on Will and Sonny for me. Sorry, Sparkle. 

Paul was very weird today, it is almost like he did not want Sonny to speak to Ben.. He seemed very fearful. Does Paul know more than he is letting on?  It is not like when Hope came back as an amnesiac  Gina and Billie was deathly afraid of  her really being Hope. His concern seemed very insincere, manipulative, even. I have never trusted Paul...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Wow!  It was so awesome to see Robert Scott Wilson again!  I have missed Ben so much.  I am going to enjoy him while he is on the show. He brings such life, fun, and excitement to Days.  This must be my reward for having to endure all those annoying Chabby scenes, ha ha.  Loved Ben saying he should have worn a tie.  Hated Abby punching Ben.  She played a role in Ben's mental health demise so while she didn't kill anyone herself, her hands are not completely clean in it either.  Ben was already having psychological issues from years of being abused as a child and then her lying, cheating, and promising to marry him when the whole time she was sleeping with Chad, put him over the edge and caused him to snap! Chad is no angel either .  He knowingly slept with her while she was with Ben and didn't care if Ben got hurt.  So she and Chad can both take a  seat.  Plus they are all chummy with Andre and he has done far worse than Ben.  Speaking of Andre, he has no business going off on Ben either.  He needed to shut up.  He has killed people himself and has done far more evil than Ben. 

I really wish Lucas was at the wedding.  Would have loved to have seen his reaction to Ben's announcement about  Will.  Bryan would have killed it in those scenes.  Can't wait to see his reaction to the news.  It is funny with all the characters on the show that have come back from the dead, that characters are so shocked that someone else may not really be dead, lol.

I felt bad for Paul because his first wedding just blew up in his face and he's probably both scared of losing Sonny if it's true and also wanting Sonny not to get hurt in case it isn't true. 

I loved how Eli made a beeline straight to Gabi to make sure she was okay and to find out who Ben is.  And Damn does Eli look fine in this suit.

I love my Steve-at a wedding and still rocking his leather jacket and no tie. He is a sexy man!

I loved getting to see more Doug and Julie.

I am really hoping that Chabby get put on the back burner for awhile after they get married. I am happy for their fans but I need a break from the both of them for a bit. 

I am really wondering where Will is and what happened to him. 

Please release Adrienne from prison - her boy needs his mom.

I really wish Ben could be redeemed but still keep his bad boy edge.  He is fascinating and Robert Scott is so super talented.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, jaylee-03031 said:

I really wish Ben could be redeemed but still keep his bad boy edge.  He is fascinating and Robert Scott is so super talented.

The only way that could happen is if not only Will turns out to be alive, but Serena and Paige turn out to be, too.  The reason he killed them was so damn stupid, so their deaths being reversed might be a start in lessening the damage to his character.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Paul was very weird today, it is almost like he did not want Sonny to speak to Ben.. He seemed very fearful. Does Paul know more than he is letting on?  It is not like when Hope came back as an amnesiac  Gina and Billie was deathly afraid of  her really being Hope. His concern seemed very insincere, manipulative, even. I have never trusted Paul...

Ditto.  Maybe he's just afraid he may lose Sonny, I don't know, but his constant smile never reaches his eyes.  Sparkle seems like such a phoney to me.

So nobody got married?  They could at least have let those poor guests enjoy the reception, who else is gonna eat all those Costco mini-quiches, pigs in a blanket, and sliders?  Julie brought her big purse so she could load up, not fair.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, worleybird said:

Freddie's hurried-up walk from the altar to the back of the chapel looked like he was trying so hard to hold in explosive diarrhea. I couldn't stop laughing!

I thought the same thing. 

It’s like Freddie knew he should get out of the church fast but didn’t know if he should straight up ? run or speed walk.

6 hours ago, boes said:

Ditto.  Maybe he's just afraid he may lose Sonny, I don't know, but his constant smile never reaches his eyes.  Sparkle seems like such a phoney to me.

So nobody got married?  They could at least have let those poor guests enjoy the reception, who else is gonna eat all those Costco mini-quiches, pigs in a blanket, and sliders?  Julie brought her big purse so she could load up, not fair.

I also noticed Sparkle was acting weird. Like all he had to get Sonny to do was say yes, so they were legally married and this Will news wouldn’t matter. I don’t think he knows anything so else he wouldn’t have forced Sonny to talk about Will before they got married. (But it’d be an awesome twist if Oaul knew all along) 

how long is Chandler back for? 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I'm trying to go spoiler free.  I even unfollowed SOD on FB because they spoiled Ben's reveal before it aired. I unfollowed other soap sites, too. I think I'll enjoy the show more.

Welcome to "Spoiler-free anonymous". ? It's hard stopping reading all the spoilery sites, but I want to see if I can enjoy the show the way I did pre-internet, when I had no clue what was going to happen from day-to-day.   

8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I also thought Paul seemed weird today.  Stalker-ish even, in how he kept after Sonny to continue on with the wedding.  

• Love 2
18 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

The flashbacks should have been nice, but they only left me thinking how much I now hated even Flashback Sonny.

I'm already dreading the weeks and weeks of material Freddie is going to be handed on a silver platter. I almost would have rather Ben come back and murder him as well so that Will could return unfettered.

Lauren Koslow gets the MVP award for actually putting some passion into her few lines.

I never liked original Sonny, either. He's only ever existed for Will in my "enjoyment" of the show.

18 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Casey Moss brought it for me. His rage and hatred of Ben reminded me of Jack. That darkness in Jack. It is too bad they had to make JJ a Dudley do right, he should have been groomed as an anti-hero of his generation..

I agree. Casey was really good.

17 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

What happened to Freddie? I am still confused about what happened to him.  He was so damn likable as Sonny. I loved the fact that we had a Gay character that had no issues with his sexuality.  

He got brainwashed. He drank the MLM koolaid and is now unrecognizable as a human being. I liken it to how Scientology killed Tom Cruise (any really anyone who joins the cult).

17 hours ago, willgracefan said:

Someone pages ago commented about how when Sparkle and Sonny kiss there is no passion. It’s like watching two straight guys kiss. When Guy played Will he went all out with his kisses and I as a viewer really appreciated that. The writers haven’t given us a reason why Paul and Somny are back together, I wish the actors would make up for it somehow but it ain’t happening. What happened to Freddie indeed! 

17 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It is funny that you bring up Guy. He said that the first time that he kissed Freddie, he used his tongue..lol Freddie went with it and afterwards, Freddie told him that  tongue is not supposed to be used.  So, there was a time that Freddie as an actor took risk for his craft..

Guy tried. Brant (Bryan) tried. Freddie...half ass tried most of the time but it was Chandler that was the hold out. That's why when Brant and Sonny had their moments, I was overjoyed. Then Guy came and decided he'd go for it like he should. That's why Horita was so good. Guy and Christopher committed to it.

1 hour ago, willgracefan said:

how long is Chandler back for? 

He's still filming...so longer than 6 months...if they're doing cycles, maybe a year? Or he could decide to stay. It's never been stated how long he signed for.

Bonnie was hilarious! Loved her. It was like, "oh shit, yeah...I guess I should care about this shit." I feel ya, girl.

The flashbacks were great. I have missed that boy.

Uh, Marlena, John, everybody in that church: You're Salemites...of course it's possible that Will is alive. Idiots. How many times have you each been presumed dead and come back?

I want to kill myself but...I agree with Julie ... If I were Sonny, I'd want answers, too.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

why do they do this in some areas and not others? a complete half a day of NON breaking news. when did it become the norm to preempt every network show all day. we have runners on the bottom , we can have a 5 minute update. we have news channels.

i was looking forward to it also and i'm sure it will not be shown today. really maddening. 

• Love 3

Casey Moss looked like he was packin' some serious heat in those tight pants! And I ain't talking guns! He was seriously hanging to the left!

OMG, I hate you. Now I'm going to have to go back and watch for that. Damn you! LOL

As for reairings...they have the full episode up on the website. I watched this morning.

• Love 4

Casey Moss looked like he was packin' some serious heat in those tight pants! And I ain't talking guns! He was seriously hanging to the left!

Are you sure? I remember Larry David had an episode on curb your enthusiasm about something like that..lol

• Love 1

Wow!  It was so awesome to see Robert Scott Wilson again!  I have missed Ben so much.  I am going to enjoy him while he is on the show. He brings such life, fun, and excitement to Days.

So a double wedding went off without a hitch? (I'll see myself out.)

:) Thanks, I needed that.

But as for Ben/RSW....he embodies everything that is wrong with this show from a casting department perspective. If you want to see a bunch of young former models trying to act their way through a show, you are going to watch Days crash and burn mighty fast (and we nearly have). I'm not saying the guy never tries, I'm saying that even when he tries it's not good enough. I feel like the last few years Days has brought in people who really don't have even the basic training under their belt to be competent actors and the only reason they landed the work is because of their looks.

Lani, Ben, that telenovela babe that was on for 3 weeks and then vanished...weak to bad actors. I'm embarrassed when I see them on the screen. Ditto with Rafe.

And all RSW does is squint his eyes and purse his lips!! Tell me you see that! *takes a deep breath*

He isn't compelling or fascinating. Joseph Mascolo: he was fascinating! He turned every line of dialogue into a concert for the ears. He knew how to move and control his body to give a performance that was fun to watch and specific. He used his voice brilliantly to make Stefano a delightfully dramatic and yet very compelling presence. No matter what silliness he was talking about, you could still hear him and not want to be stuck in a room with him out of fear of what he might do to you. He was seductive and charming and human and demonic and omnipotent and funny all at once.

Ben is just some guy who works out too much and looks waxy who lucked into a storyline that happens to have larger consequences for the other characters on the canvas. He's never done anything worthy of an Emmy reel. Maybe that will change but so far it hasn't.

I realize I sound like I'm freaking out because someone likes this character, and you have every right to like whomever you want to like, but I just want people to apply a critical eye to the show. I really think it came extremely close to being cancelled this year and still could be. If you guys want to see a parade of hot young airheads delivering their lines like robots and giving parody performances of what a soap should be, that's your prerogative. But I really want to see good performances. The show has gotten better the last few weeks, but we're still not there yet. I want to see the dignity back in Days! I want Ron to continue to identify the weakest from the cast and weed them out.

I'm not even interested in watching today's episode for whatever is or isn't revealed about Will based on the fact that I know it's going to be the Freddie Smith and Robert Scott Wilson show. Hard pass.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, worleybird said:

Freddie's hurried-up walk from the altar to the back of the chapel looked like he was trying so hard to hold in explosive diarrhea. I couldn't stop laughing!

Ha, yes!  I thought the same thing, "wow, he's really holding in that fart!"  Not a good episode for Freddie Smith.

My other thought:  Why did Ben have to be wearing a shirt?  I mean, crashing a wedding shirtless should really be his thing...

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

:) Thanks, I needed that.

But as for Ben/RSW....he embodies everything that is wrong with this show from a casting department perspective. If you want to see a bunch of young former models trying to act their way through a show, you are going to watch Days crash and burn mighty fast (and we nearly have). I'm not saying the guy never tries, I'm saying that even when he tries it's not good enough. I feel like the last few years Days has brought in people who really don't have even the basic training under their belt to be competent actors and the only reason they landed the work is because of their looks.

Lani, Ben, that telenovela babe that was on for 3 weeks and then vanished...weak to bad actors. I'm embarrassed when I see them on the screen. Ditto with Rafe.

And all RSW does is squint his eyes and purse his lips!! Tell me you see that! *takes a deep breath*

He isn't compelling or fascinating. Joseph Mascolo: he was fascinating! He turned every line of dialogue into a concert for the ears. He knew how to move and control his body to give a performance that was fun to watch and specific. He used his voice brilliantly to make Stefano a delightfully dramatic and yet very compelling presence. No matter what silliness he was talking about, you could still hear him and not want to be stuck in a room with him out of fear of what he might do to you. He was seductive and charming and human and demonic and omnipotent and funny all at once.

Ben is just some guy who works out too much and looks waxy who lucked into a storyline that happens to have larger consequences for the other characters on the canvas. He's never done anything worthy of an Emmy reel. Maybe that will change but so far it hasn't.

I realize I sound like I'm freaking out because someone likes this character, and you have every right to like whomever you want to like, but I just want people to apply a critical eye to the show. I really think it came extremely close to being cancelled this year and still could be. If you guys want to see a parade of hot young airheads delivering their lines like robots and giving parody performances of what a soap should be, that's your prerogative. But I really want to see good performances. The show has gotten better the last few weeks, but we're still not there yet. I want to see the dignity back in Days! I want Ron to continue to identify the weakest from the cast and weed them out.

I'm not even interested in watching today's episode for whatever is or isn't revealed about Will based on the fact that I know it's going to be the Freddie Smith and Robert Scott Wilson show. Hard pass.

Disneyboy, You are so right about Joseph Mascolo, he commanded the screen, from the infamous scene at the beach with Roman, his cat and mouse games with Marlena, his queen of the night, encouraging Kristen's madness, to his complicated relationship with his son Benjy, who he actually loved without any type of manipulation.  The Tony/Stefano dynamic was also awesome.  He was one of a kind. However, we need a young villain to stir the pot, while the actor who plays Ben is not a great thespian. He is decent in my opinion, and he is not bad looking.  I actually want him to be a constant thorn in Chabby's collective ass. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

why do they do this in some areas and not others? a complete half a day of NON breaking news. when did it become the norm to preempt every network show all day. we have runners on the bottom , we can have a 5 minute update. we have news channels.

i was looking forward to it also and i'm sure it will not be shown today. really maddening. 

I know, right?  I assumed it was preempted nationally and didn't realize it wasn't until I started reading here....and was kinda pissed cuz I was avoiding spoilers and saw yest posts so the punch was ruined.  Oh well....at least I found it and was able to watch on nbc.com.  Why in the world is it not on demand on DirectTV???  Trump is in PR today so I am figuring Days will be probably be preempted today too.  At least I know where to go now to watch!

3 hours ago, worleybird said:

I totally missed that!  But did anyone notice how he was sweating profusely the entire time he was behind Ben in the back of the church?  He was the only one sweating....like dripping sweat...it was so distracting I was trying to figure out why is he sweating so bad?....I had to keep rewinding cuz I was so focused on his sweat!  Guess I should've been focused lower since I missed his left hang lol

Edited by Cupcake04
  • Love 5

Will being alive affects so many more people than just Sony and Ben.    

John and Marlena scenes were really good today.  I enjoyed John reminding Marlena and the audience that he loves Will also.   

Kate is a mess and I wish she had someone besides Andre to talk to.   Know Andre is suppose to come across as caring but I never see him that way    

As for Ben not being a good actor my honest opinion is Susan Lucci was a terrible actor and soap people loved her.   I don’t even find Ben a bad actor.  He isn’t perfect but his crazy is scary and at times funny which is strange.    

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

It just occurred to me that Thomas wasn't present for the wedding of his mother and father.

I think we're supposed to assume that he was, since he was there when she was getting ready in his stroller.  But yes, odd that he was never shown.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, worleybird said:

You guys are just determined to hate him, aren't you?  I thought he did an excellent job.

• Love 6

I actually didn't think Freddie brought the rage needed for the church confrontation with Ben.  The dialogue was fine, just his emotion was off.  JJ, Abigail, and  Kate's reactions were fitting considering but Sonny's as the widowed husband just didn't fit.  I will say that I was actually very impressed with Sonny during Abigail's vows.  How he was reacting to the memories of Will was spot on and for me he really sold the emotion there.

Those flashback scenes of Sonny and Will were incredibly hot, especially the scene of them undressing for their first time.  Sonny and Paul have not expressed a tenth of that heat and emotion.

• Love 7

I liked Marlena's attitude, all, "We've seen some weird shit.  I've come back from the dead certainly.  And just a few weeks ago, my doppleganger had me locked up in a mental institution!".  Poor Paul hasn't lived in Salem long enough to know people totes come BFTD all the time, ESPECIALLY when their love interest is about to marry someone else.

Ben "struggling" to remember Paige was amusing because seriously.

ETA...But no, Salemites, Will was not a "gifted writer".  He was possibly fiction's worst journalist.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

You guys are just determined to hate him, aren't you?  I thought he did an excellent job.

Nah...I don't mind him at all and I noticed it.....it was a weird "fast-walk but maybe I should run but I am in a church getting married so I prob shouldn't run but get me the hell outta here" type exit.  And it did look like a butt-cheek squeezing walk to keep from crapping pants....not that I would know what that is or anything :)

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I actually didn't think Freddie brought the rage needed for the church confrontation with Ben.  The dialogue was fine, just his emotion was off.  JJ, Abigail, and  Kate's reactions were fitting considering but Sonny's as the widowed husband just didn't fit.  I will say that I was actually very impressed with Sonny during Abigail's vows.  How he was reacting to the memories of Will was spot on and for me he really sold the emotion there.

Those flashback scenes of Sonny and Will were incredibly hot, especially the scene of them undressing for their first time.  Sonny and Paul have not expressed a tenth of that heat and emotion.

BBM I agree.  And I am someone who never saw this Will until last week (I came back for the 50th) and from what little I have seen, he is far superior actor to whoever it was playing Will when Ben strangled him.  Those flashback scenes yesterday solidified it for me.  So these 2 are the original Will and Sonny?  Those flashbacks were great and makes me wish I was watching back then!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I want Ron to continue to identify the weakest from the cast and weed them out.

You may be hitching your wagon to the wrong star for that particular wish.  

Ron C. has some good instincts and plenty of poor ones as well.  As for him having a proclivity for talent, be glad you didn't see some of his faves on OLTL who ate the show under his writing - Stacy Morasco; the odious and untalented Ford brothers and their dear mama, too; John Paul Lavoisier; and those are just the ones who still make me wake up screaming.

RSW's not so bad, comparatively.  And Days has some very long-term stinkers, just like other soaps, who hit it off with the audience.  

• Love 6

I loved seeing Paul's desperation today. He always felt entitled to Sonny. I wonder if Ron would go there. Saint Paul is a bore. He should go to the dark side. It should be a slow burn like Kristen. It started with a letter with her in Aremid and her descent into madness was well done. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

BBM I agree.  And I am someone who never saw this Will until last week (I came back for the 50th) and from what little I have seen, he is far superior actor to whoever it was playing Will when Ben strangled him.  Those flashback scenes yesterday solidified it for me.  So these 2 are the original Will and Sonny?  Those flashbacks were great and makes me wish I was watching back then!

I would check out youtube.  Some people have put in the time to chronicle their whole story.  I would do some digging there I'm sure you can find a lot of their scenes.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think we're supposed to assume that he was, since he was there when she was getting ready in his stroller.  But yes, odd that he was never shown.

It's a Soap. He'll probably show up at the police station to stop JJ, and he'll be a 6'2" male model who hits on Gabi.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I don't hate him. I dislike Freddie and his personal life crap that spills into his "acting." I don't like Sonny at all, though. I haven't in a long long time...well before the Will recast, etc.. and most of that is b/c of Freddie's acting...and a bit about the writing of his character. So yes, I'm determined but hate isn't a word I'd use.

46 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I loved seeing Paul's desperation today. He always felt entitled to Sonny. I wonder if Ron would go there. Saint Paul is a bore. He should go to the dark side. It should be a slow burn like Kristen. It started with a letter with her in Aremid and her descent into madness was well done. 

Paul's desperation was awesomely played. Can you imagine being in that position? He wasn't raised in Salem so he has NO idea that it's entirely possible and plausible that Will is alive. Everyone in Salem should be like, "Well, Ben is batshit cray cray but damn, this is Salem so maybe Will is out there somewhere." I really don't want him turned to the dark side, although CS can definitely pull that off.

Abby and Chad checking on Gabi seems cruel to me. At the very least, the complete opposite of self aware.

I enjoyed Kate/Andre again.

Marlena/John scenes were amazing. This is another conversation that should have happened months if not years (shit, before Will died and Paul was stalking Sonny) before the wedding. 

My UO is that I love RSW and his portrayal of Crazy Ben. He's doing a great job, imo. 

22 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

It's a Soap. He'll probably show up at the police station to stop JJ, and he'll be a 6'2" male model who hits on Gabi.

I'd watch that show.

27 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I would check out youtube.  Some people have put in the time to chronicle their whole story.  I would do some digging there I'm sure you can find a lot of their scenes.

Go to facebook and look up "Pinky Swear Videos." She has the entire relationship from the day they met until the day Will died. 

She also has post-death PaulSon stuff...and pretty much anytime Will/Sonny/Paul/Ariana are mentioned clipped.

You can't find true clips on YouTube anymore. Sony has only left the ones like Isa posts that have music in the background. True clips are on the FB page I listed. Have fun. 

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 6