Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, bannana said:

I am super confused about the Martin House.  Julie said that Eli's father grew up there, and his grandfather lived there. So is his grandfather his father's father? And who is that?  And she called it the Horton house, but I thought that is where Jen lives?  And it's a B&B, so as @Silver Raven said, that's a business someone has to run.  Julie said they have people running it but it is still a business he inherited.  And one that rarely makes money.  And is Abby living there?  I notice every time Dario shows up he just walks into her room without knocking.  Very confusing.  Also, is it the same set as the Kiriakis house because the mantel looked the same? 

I'm not currently watching but WTF with the Martin house?  It first appeared or reappeared during the centennial celebration when it was used as the centerpiece for the town's celebration.

Then Doug and Julie turned it into a B&B.  Talk about hell......

Then they moved into Jenn's and sold it to Kate who kicked out all the guests and turned it back into a private home - that's where Clyde tried to kill her.

And now it's a B&B again?

• Love 2

Damn, that judge was my hero today.  Both for ripping into Nicole for kidnapping Holly (even though I still don't blame her one bit for doing it) and for this gem about Chloe: "Chloe Lane should not have had custody in the first place.  She stole the child."

That said, Nicole got off pretty easy with only two months away from Holly.  I just hope she can handle that and not take anything into her own hands.  If she behaves, keeps calm, and puts her focus elsewhere, then just like Brady and even she herself said, the two months will go by like that.

Sonny has been CEO for a short time, and already, he's making dumb mistakes.  That amulet is going to spread its bad luck to him now.

Deimos blaming Sonny for his bad luck makes no sense, unless he's referring to him leading the charge to bust him in Greece.  Or exposing what he did to Dario, which further confirmed to Nicole that she needed to dump him.  Both of those make a certain degree of sense.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, bannana said:

I am so sick of this storyline and I am sick of Nicole crying.  I don't know why she didn't punch Chloe.  Yes, Chloe, this was all your fault.

That's because the writer who is writing for both Chloe and Nicole have made them both unbearable to watch and writing them completely fucking out of character.  This whole story along with Bricole/Ghost Daniel can get the bird! 

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Julie said that Eli's father grew up there, and his grandfather lived there. So is his grandfather his father's father?

Yes, his biological grandfather was David Martin, though David Junior was raised by Scott Banning and, I think, took the name Banning.  David Martin was killed by his wife, Susan.  Julie was never married to him.  Julie married Scott Banning and they raised David, Eli's father.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 3

I did like the judge calling both Nicole and Chloe out.  However, it would probably be more cost-effective to get a social worker to visit Nicole and Brady X times a week to see how the baby is being cared for than just putting her in to foster care for 8 weeks. Also insist on Nicole getting counselling. And Chloe too. Nicole may not be 'fit' to be a mother, but many of the Salem women really aren't, either. But they are. Maggie being able to see the kid? Really?

Marlena's leather jacket did seem warm for summer, but maybe she is in air conditioning all the time. My workplace can be like an icebox and the mall attached by the pedway system is an oven.

Maybe the amulet is bringing some tough times to Sonny. If he paid a good severance package, the employees can't really sue. Deimos probably has folks loyal to him but just are better at covering it up. Sonny may be having dreams of grandiosity.

• Love 2

Are Sonny and Paul ever going to get to kiss each other, or is two little pecks in 6 months their limit? It's glaring - and reeks of homophobia on the part of the writers and/or cowtowing to bitching bigoted fans - when every other couple is slobbering all over each other every chance they get.  Sparkle survived the infamous Jungle Madness and only got a sheepish grin and a little hand holding on the way to the bedroom.  But please, by all means, more Theo and Claire or JJ and Lani.  Not.

• Love 6
(edited)

They'll be able to kiss again when Carlivati's stuff starts airing I'm guessing. It's borderline criminal what Higley has done to them..... or whoever was telling her to muff it. 

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 1

I'm not currently watching but WTF with the Martin house?  It first appeared or reappeared during the centennial celebration when it was used as the centerpiece for the town's celebration.

Then Doug and Julie turned it into a B&B.  Talk about hell......

Then they moved into Jenn's and sold it to Kate who kicked out all the guests and turned it back into a private home - that's where Clyde tried to kill her.

And now it's a B&B again?

THANK YOU. I was going to write up the same thing and you just saved me the trouble.

Apparently, Sonny and Paul are living there now and I think Abigail and Dario too... so I guess it went back to being a bed and breakfast immediately after Kate sold it? All of which begs the question: who owned it in the interim....? And why would Julie think Eli would want to live in a bed-and-breakfast that he owns but someone else runs...??

And isn't Abigail staying in the same room that she and Chad stayed in when Chad defected from the DiMansion back in January 2016 because Andre was trying to brainwash him? That must be really awkward - her sharing a room with Dario that's the exact same room she once shared with Chad. Are she and Dario even sharing the bed? Has she been paying any attention to Dario's "business" matters? She's trying to save a guy from deportation who is a total criminal all because he once danced with her and calmed her down on a bad day? Boy. Talk about a love story.

It was really nice to see Nicole finally relocate her balls and choose to keep it together and deal with being separated from Holly rather than throw a fit and act like a nut job again. I used to like Nicole because she had a spunkiness to her personality. I hope we get to see that again soon but I'm not holding my breath. They've done to Nicole what they once did to Jennifer. I'm just so tired of her.

John leaving again for another ISA mission - or is it the same mission? - is beyond lame and annoying now. We seen him have that same goodbye conversation about a million times with Marlena. If a guy proposes marriage to you but can't seem to stay in town long enough to get the relationship back up on its feet much less set a date, I'd say cut your losses Marlena. Boy, would I love to hear Roman deliver a monologue about how shity Marlena's life has been with John by virtue of her choosing Mr. Black over him all those years ago.

I really hope this ISA mission is about protecting Theresa in Mexico for Shane. That's probably the only thing that would make this forgivable.

The scenes between Val and Eli were pretty good but I still can't bring myself to care about them. Although, I care more about them than I do Lani, Sonny and Dario combined so I guess that's saying something.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really hope this ISA mission is about protecting Theresa in Mexico for Shane. That's probably the only thing that would make this forgivable.

I think it's just because Drake is still recovering from his injury.

9 hours ago, SanLynn said:

They'll be able to kiss again when Carlivati's stuff starts airing I'm guessing. It's borderline criminal what Higley has done to them..... or whoever was telling her to muff it. 

Dena is pretty much pro-gay rights, so I think someone at the network was stopping her from doing it.

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Dena is pretty much pro-gay rights, so I think someone at the network was stopping her from doing it.

How is she Pro-Gay rights, when she was the one that wanted to kill off Will, to appease the bigots.  Guy Wilson said it to a friend of mine at a Fan event that the show got a lot of flak for the Wilson romance and the Horita hookup.  Dena wanted to wipe the Gays off the show.   She did everything to dismantle the gay family with Wilson. She wanted to get rid of Paul as well, after Sonny's departure and was forced to keep him to stave off the backlash over Will's death.  Remember how Paul was never used and was invisible for a while.  It was Josh who brought him out of the closet and integrated him more as John's son and build on the Marlena/Paul bond.   It is not the network stopping the gay aspects of the Paulson romance, this is all Dena.  Her original plan for Wilson before she was fired in 2011 was that Wilson were going to be the villains in a custody battle with Gabi. 

Edited by Apprentice79
I made a typo with Higley's firing in 2011.
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

How is she Pro-Gay rights, when she was the one that wanted to kill off Will, to appease the bigots.  Guy Wilson said it to a friend of mine at a Fan event that the show got a lot of flak for the Wilson romance and the Horita hookup.  Dena wanted to wipe the Gays off the show.   She did everything to dismantle the gay family with Wilson. She wanted to get rid of Paul as well, after Sonny's departure and was forced to keep him to stave off the backlash over Will's death.  Remember how Paul was never used and was invisible for a while.  It was Josh who brought him out of the closet and integrated him more as John's son and build on the Marlena/Paul bond.   It is not the network stopping the gay aspects of the Paulson romance, this is all Dena.  Her original plan for Wilson before she was fired in 2011 was that Wilson were going to be the villains in a custody battle with Gabi. 

I get not liking Dena, but that's awfully accusatory.  I've never heard her say anything to indicate she's anti-gay or homophobic.  And I won't believe she is.

• Love 2

So Uncle Vic counsels Sonny on maintaining his ethics while taking over running Titan. Huh. Does that mean that Victor Kiriakis has become the moral centre of this show?

We're all going to die.

• Love 7

Her original plan for Wilson before she was fired in 2011 was that Wilson were going to be the villains in a custody battle with Gabi. 

Hun. Where was this stated?

I find it hard to believe only because the show already had Nick objecting to Will and Sonny as parental figures and the slant on that storyline was that he was being a homophobe. If the show then went and tried to paint them as bad parental figures in a custody battle it would be jarring, no?

I think someone at the network was stopping her from doing it.

Wouldn't surprise me. Look at the political climate in the US right now. Straight and white is all that's acceptable it seems (in the eyes of some).

Hopefully Ron has more luck getting the big wigs to sign off on equal opportunity affection. I kinda hope Sonny disappears though as I have no desire to see him getting hot and heavy with anyone or anything.    

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

How is she Pro-Gay rights, when she was the one that wanted to kill off Will, to appease the bigots.  Guy Wilson said it to a friend of mine at a Fan event that the show got a lot of flak for the Wilson romance and the Horita hookup.  Dena wanted to wipe the Gays off the show.   She did everything to dismantle the gay family with Wilson. She wanted to get rid of Paul as well, after Sonny's departure and was forced to keep him to stave off the backlash over Will's death.  Remember how Paul was never used and was invisible for a while.  It was Josh who brought him out of the closet and integrated him more as John's son and build on the Marlena/Paul bond.   It is not the network stopping the gay aspects of the Paulson romance, this is all Dena.  Her original plan for Wilson before she was fired in 2011 was that Wilson were going to be the villains in a custody battle with Gabi. 

Just to be clear, Guy only said the bolded part, right (my insertion) b/c Guy has a LONG history of never burning bridges like that..even in private conversations about them bringing Chandler back.

• Love 1
On 6/24/2017 at 6:33 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Apparently, Sonny and Paul are living there now and I think Abigail and Dario too... so I guess it went back to being a bed and breakfast immediately after Kate sold it? All of which begs the question: who owned it in the interim....? And why would Julie think Eli would want to live in a bed-and-breakfast that he owns but someone else runs...??

The scenes between Val and Eli were pretty good but I still can't bring myself to care about them. Although, I care more about them than I do Lani, Sonny and Dario combined so I guess that's saying something.

Julie said that Kate sold it back to her and Doug, and they are giving it to Eli because it's his family history.  I think it's a nice gesture - and it's a free gift.  Why would he not want it?  She said it has a manager and he doesn't have to do anything, she just wanted it back to it's rightful family.  Julie can be super annoying, but this was something nice for once.

Sorry, but why does anyone still care about Theresa?  Brady doesn't.  Tate probably barely remembers her.  And no one else ever mentions her.  She was written off of the show in a preposterous way, but in my opinion - out of sight, out of mind.  Drake is recovering from injury; if we don't get an in-show explanation, so be it.  Personally, I can overlook it.

I'm starting to really like Eli.  The writers need to give him something juicy though, or else he'll just be another wasted new character.  Lani is the worst.  Still.  She needs to go back to Miami.  And as boring as JJ was before, she's made him even worse.

32 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Sorry, but why does anyone still care about Theresa?  Brady doesn't.  Tate probably barely remembers her.  And no one else ever mentions her.  She was written off of the show in a preposterous way, but in my opinion - out of sight, out of mind.  Drake is recovering from injury; if we don't get an in-show explanation, so be it.  Personally, I can overlook it.

I know I want to know that Theresa is alive and well and kicking the bad guy's butt because she left to go on a self-appointed dangerous mission to protect her loved ones and that sacrifice needs to be acknowledged, especially by Tate and Brady.  She was worried about them being killed and I need to know that she's not only gotten away from the psycho drug dealer who was threatening her life and her loved ones, I also want the character to be able to resume her life and being a mother to her son.  Plus, JL made me care for the character and I want her to be okay in the end.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I know I want to know that Theresa is alive and well and kicking the bad guy's butt because she left to go on a self-appointed dangerous mission to protect her loved ones and that sacrifice needs to be acknowledged, especially by Tate and Brady.  She was worried about them being killed and I need to know that she's not only gotten away from the psycho drug dealer who was threatening her life and her loved ones, I also want the character to be able to resume her life and being a mother to her son.  Plus, JL made me care for the character and I want her to be okay in the end.

OK, but the actress doesn't want to come back.  So if the actress isn't coming back, how is any of that going to happen?  

Guess I'm again in the minority by never warming up to Theresa.  But moreover, it's just a soap; unexplained things happen all the time.  She's gone.  Oh well.  Tons of past characters leave and are never spoken of again.  Theresa will just be one more among dozens (hundreds?) if that happens.  Where are Carrie, Austin, crazy Anna, Mike Horton, Frankie, Max, Stephanie, Shane, Kim, Billie, Chelsea, Rex and Cassie, Mimi, Philip, etc., etc., etc.??  No one ever gives updates on any of them.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

OK, but the actress doesn't want to come back.  So if the actress isn't coming back, how is any of that going to happen?  

I'm sorry that JL doesn't want to come back, but there's nothing stopping them from recasting the role and bring (Jeannie) Theresa Donovan back to the show. There are a lot of unresolved plot threads for her.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Guess I'm again in the minority by never warming up to Theresa.  But moreover, it's just a soap; unexplained things happen all the time.  She's gone.  Oh well.  Tons of past characters leave and are never spoken of again.  Theresa will just be one more among dozens (hundreds?) if that happens.  Where are Carrie, Austin, crazy Anna, Mike Horton, Frankie, Max, Stephanie, Shane, Kim, Billie, Chelsea, Rex and Cassie, Mimi, Philip, etc., etc., etc.??  No one ever gives updates on any of them.

To me the difference is that Theresa's story line left her very much in peril.  She was going into a very dangerous situation to put a stop to the leader of a drug cartel--that's a heck of a difference to a character moving to Europe or to another state to start over.  

And yes, as much as I adored JL's portrayal, I really do want to see what happened to the character and if the role has to be recast in order for that to happen, then so be it.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wouldn't surprise me. Look at the political climate in the US right now. Straight and white is all that's acceptable it seems (in the eyes of some).

Hopefully Ron has more luck getting the big wigs to sign off on equal opportunity affection. I kinda hope Sonny disappears though as I have no desire to see him getting hot and heavy with anyone or anything.    

I'm no big fan of Ron and don't have a whole lot of hope for his version of Days (scarred GH watcher and all). However, as an openly gay man I can't imagine him putting up with that. Either he'll get his way or he'll have the shortest tenure as a head writer ever. 

3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Actually she didn't want to leave, she wanted to go on recurring status and Show wouldn't go for it.

19 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Actually she didn't want to leave, she wanted to go on recurring status and Show wouldn't go for it.

I read that she's very religious, and didn't like doing a soap opera anymore.  ::shrug::

For me it was all about jen Lilly.  I'd probably be disappointed in a recast. I'd expect another triangle as boring as chad etc (I like him with Gabi ) and I've seen enough of Brady.  It was nice she was a Donovan but that sort of thing doesn't make me like Eli Tripp Paul any better.  Theresa barely interacted with her "sister ". Anyway,  my point is it's mostly about the actor for me although bad writing can definitely ruin a character.  I'd love it if Brady would say something about Jeannie Theresa. Like she told him part of the truth or he talked to Shane and she's okay. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I read that she's very religious, and didn't like doing a soap opera anymore.  ::shrug::

Well, she doesn't have a problem making movies. Although most of them are of the Hallmark romantic genre.

Do we really believe Jade gave the only copy to Claire?  And yeah, you really are a low life, Jade.

Funny how Tripp is able to break into the hospital's computers so easily.

I completely ignored whatever Eric and Jade were talking about.

Oh, an iconic soap opera women's fight.  Haven't seen one of those for a while.

• Love 2

I had a hard time looking at Morgan's face today in her scene with Missy and Judi especially the fight scene. If Missy and Judi have had some work done it was minimal. Morgan did too much and she can't act anymore. Actors need to show emotion. She doesn't. Just a plastic face with eyes.

It's just so sad what actresses have done to themselves because they are afraid of not getting work.

I think Deidre and Lauren have done too much too. But compared to Morgan they look perfect.

• Love 10

Well, if Kayla didn't already have her misgivings about Jade, hearing about the sex tape all but ensured that she would.  And to think that it didn't have anything to do with her, either.  But then again, she is Claire's aunt, so of course she'd be disgusted on her behalf.

Eesh.  Morgan Fairchild is even harder to look at now than she was in her last appearance.  But the women's fight with Adrienne was great.

I'll give Nicole credit for not turning up the bitch meter on Eric today.  But we'll see how long that lasts.  For now, though, it looks like things are well on the way to healing between them.  Finally.

21 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I completely ignored whatever Eric and Jade were talking about.

I did, too.  Unfortunately, I don't think it helped her at all.  She was as obsessed with Joey and getting rid of Kayla as ever, if not more so.

Tripp is officially shitty.  Upping someone's dosage so they'll die and Kayla can be blamed?  Yeah, I'm more than sure he'll bear the brunt of things when shit hits the fan.

Probably for the better that Theo and Claire call it quits.  I'm one of the few who liked them together, but Claire's behavior over the last few months really did more harm than good to their relationship.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, rcc said:

I had a hard time looking at Morgan's face today in her scene with Missy and Judi especially the fight scene. If Missy and Judi have had some work done it was minimal. Morgan did too much and she can't act anymore. Actors need to show emotion. She doesn't. Just a plastic face with eyes.

It's just so sad what actresses have done to themselves because they are afraid of not getting work.

I think Deidre and Lauren have done too much too. But compared to Morgan they look perfect.

Especially with Morgan standing next to Judi and Melissa who looked positively youthful in comparison--you are correct in that Morgan is just plastic with dull, lifeless eyes to match her crazyass hair.  Seriously, the woman looks scary and she's lost her ability to emote and conveying emotions is an actors job.  I wish they'd gotten Jane Elliot to come back--now that would be entertaining.  Think of all of the glorious flashbacks would be getting.

I like Claire and I hope the show decides to keep her around and give her more to do--the actress has potential, especially if they let her move on from Theo.  And I really can't stand Theo either--he just seems so sexless to the point I don't understand why Ciara and Claire are so into him. 

I hope the new writers fix Tripp's dumb revenge plot--the kid is so much better than this, the actor and character.  Tripp could be a damn interesting character, if he has the right story line.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Jen Lilly has been very vocal about wanting to stay on Days and/or come back but she asked to be put on recurring.  Her main gripe was that in reality she was working essentially "part time" but because she has a "full time" contract that really gets in the way of her taking on other work because Days would pull rank and stop her from picking up other jobs. 

So say Hallmark wanted her for a movie in January.  She would go to Days and say can I have the time off or adjust my schedule to do the movie, they would say no, and then end up not using her in January anyway.  She has said that she has given up so many opportunities that way.  She says that she loves working at Days but when they actually aren't using her she would love to do other things and that wasn't something they were willing to work with her on.

• Love 4

Funny how Tripp is able to break into the hospital's computers so easily.

Well Sami was able to get in there when she was 15 to switch Belle's paternity test. Supposedlly, they tightened security over the years but considering how many time the hospital pronounced people dead who came back perfectly healthy and alive, I wouldn't trust it myself.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, rcc said:

Morgan did too much and she can't act anymore. Actors need to show emotion. She doesn't. Just a plastic face with eyes.

I'm clearly a bad person -- the first thing I thought of when I saw the publicity still of Fairchild and Hall was that Fairchild now bears such a startling resemblance to a Muppet that Frank Oz must be considering legal action.

• Love 5

I quite enjoyed Eric and Jayde talk.  Of course I adore Eric.   That was only their first talk. She asked to talk to him again so she felt comfortable with him.  Hopefully he can help her.  Or maybe I am naive and it was just a scene for Nicole to see Eric has a soft side.  

No clue why Morgan Fairchild wants jacks paper.    

• Love 2

The Angelica character doesn't seem like she even reads a paper, so why buy one and why does she care?

Theo, you are better off alone for a bit. I do feel for the actress playing Claire - please gain 5 pounds.

Jade, you don't have a clue. You don't love Joey - just obsessed with him and thinking there is no one out there. Yes, there is. Tell Tripp the truth that Kayla has nothing to do with anything and it's just your sick attempt at more revenge. Eric, you probably should have some sort of private space to talk with/counsel people. Maybe he can help Jade reconnect with her mom and turn her life around.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Upping someone's dosage so they'll die and Kayla can be blamed?  Yeah, I'm more than sure he'll bear the brunt of things when shit hits the fan.

Wasn't he changing the record of the man who had died to make it look like Kayla killed him by giving him the wrong dosage?

• Love 5
(edited)

I wish Sparkle would stop saying "your love brought me back." It's such a cliché and it feels unearned, to me. I just cringe at how cheesy the dialogue is right now for all the characters.

I could go the rest of my life without needing to see Nicole sniveling again. Watching Judge Hardassian torture the poor woman was not a fun time.

Jawn, retire from the GDISA, already, man!

Edited by Sandman
Also, I hate the way CS is pronouncing "yer luuuuv." Blech.
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Wasn't he changing the record of the man who had died to make it look like Kayla killed him by giving him the wrong dosage?

He was either doing that or making sure she gave the wrong dosage to one of her other patients.  Didn't quite catch it, but Tripp was doing something.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Sandman said:

I'm clearly a bad person -- the first thing I thought of when I saw the publicity still of Fairchild and Hall was that Fairchild now bears such a startling resemblance to a Muppet that Frank Oz must be considering legal action.

I tuned in today, first full show I watched in months and then I saw Ms. Fairchild....... not good, not good in any way.

What the industry forces women into doing after a certain age, just to get work, any work, is Damn near criminal.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Tripp is officially shitty.  Upping someone's dosage so they'll die and Kayla can be blamed?  Yeah, I'm more than sure he'll bear the brunt of things when shit hits the fan.

He's shitty, but didn't kill anyone. He changed the chart of the already dead patient to make it look like Kayla's medication order killed him. (This completely ignores the fact that there would be a nurse's note in the chart showing the actual dose that was administered.)

• Love 3
Just now, plurie said:

He's shitty, but didn't kill anyone. He changed the chart of the already dead patient to make it look like Kayla's medication order killed him. (This completely ignores the fact that there would be a nurse's note in the chart showing the actual dose that was administered.)

Oh, so it is that version of events?  Okay.  That's less shitty, but still shitty.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Jen Lilly has been very vocal about wanting to stay on Days and/or come back but she asked to be put on recurring.  Her main gripe was that in reality she was working essentially "part time" but because she has a "full time" contract that really gets in the way of her taking on other work because Days would pull rank and stop her from picking up other jobs. 

So say Hallmark wanted her for a movie in January.  She would go to Days and say can I have the time off or adjust my schedule to do the movie, they would say no, and then end up not using her in January anyway.  She has said that she has given up so many opportunities that way.  She says that she loves working at Days but when they actually aren't using her she would love to do other things and that wasn't something they were willing to work with her on.

I see, thanks for clarifying.  And I guess that's just another reason why soaps are going downhill so fast - the good talent doesn't want to be tied to the restrictions.

• Love 5
(edited)

That was an amusing episode of Days. 

It was good laughing at these characters once the new formula of Halo kicked in. Seems like it makes them into horny toads, forgetful or funny. 

Leave it to Sparkle, Paul, to get knocked upside the head by Deimos.  Go figure. 

As for Abby, she oughta try being drunk more often, she a bit bold when it comes to her mouth. 

Other than that, no way Higley wrote this episode.  That has Quan written all over it.  Good setup leading into tomorrow.   

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 9

I just realized we haven't referred to Abigail as "Failure" in several months. That's a credit to Marci, isn't it?

Today's episode just proved what a wide gap there is between those who can act and those who can't on this show. Knowing how to act drunk in a believable fashion is Acting 101. Lani, you fail.

I loved Deimos pulling a Stefano with that wig and beard. Although I don't ever remember Stefano being so brash that he would play bartender at the very party he was trying to secretly sneak around in.

Poor Paul. All he seems to do is get beat up or hurt on this show. First he had surgery and lost his sports career, then he was kidnapped by Yo Ling and tortured, then he was infected with Ling's virus and hospitalized, then he was beat up and hospitalized in Greece, and now he's had Jungle Madness and been knocked out by Deimos. Hope he has good health insurance!

Not liking Eric's slicked-back hair.

• Love 7

God damn it, they really need to tone Sonny down.  He's so obnoxious now.

Gabi's dress is gorgeous.

Ugh, I can't stand Julie.  Is that joyous occasion the returnees from the island, or Eli and Gabi breaking up?

So all of the people who already live in the Martin House, just get out, huh?  I wonder if the Tripp/Jade/Joey/Claire/Theo group will be moving into it,

Deimos can't leave town without being detected by the Salem PD.  Yeah, right.

Dario couldn't get Marvin to fix the TBD computers?

Jeez, Paul can't keep from getting hurt.

Poor Sonny.  Everybody gets sexy times but Paul is unconscious.

• Love 4

Poor Gabi.  I'm sure she enjoys watching the man she loves moon for his ex-wife. 

The worst part is that it's realistic for Chad to be shaken. I left my husband, asked for the divorce, we waited a year and I still got drunk off my ass the night it came through. Not because I regretted it but because it was such a huge event.  If they were handling it like that I'd be okay with Chad's poutiness.  After all, he's been thru a lot with these two women lately.  But this is of course being written that he's shaken because he's still in love with Abby.  Granted, he was in a no-win situation, all of them due to Abby's stupid choices, but Gabi has tried to do the right thing for both, is now finally allowing herself some happiness, and I'm not feeling good about her chances of staying that way.

• Love 4

I meant to mention this earlier, but, Terror Kiriakis actually has, unironically, a Revenge List? Yeah, no -- listen, fart-face: shut yer gob. (Jesus, Moses and Pinocchio, this show.)

• Love 2