Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:43 PM, boes said:

Sonny as a mobster, really, Show?

That's one way to try and steal viewers from "General Hospital".

But seriously...what?  Sonny's a mobster now?

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

That's one way to try and steal viewers from "General Hospital".

But seriously...what?  Sonny's a mobster now?

Yes.  And now he wants to be the new moobster head of the Kiriakis family........if I rolled my eyes any more they'd be on the floor.....

• Love 1
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

My understanding of Eddie was that he continuously created new identities for himself and built new families to support those identities as part of his life as an assassin. I have been operating under the assumption that Eve and Mama Hernandez were not the only women likely to have borne his children.

This is my assumption as well.  There were enough years between his life with Mama Hernandez and with Eve, and the years after he abandoned Eve and Paige, to have other relationships that resulted in children. 

Except that Paige and JJ are supposedly the same age, and yet JJ was dating Gabi.  But if I remember correctly, Gabi and Abigail were in school together.  So Gabi has to be older than JJ, though probably not very much.

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Except that Paige and JJ are supposedly the same age, and yet JJ was dating Gabi.  But if I remember correctly, Gabi and Abigail were in school together.  So Gabi has to be older than JJ, though probably not very much.

Gabi has always been older than JJ.  They also aged JJ a couple of years ago to make him 21, but still younger than Gabi, Abby, Will, Chad, etc.  JJ is now 21/22, with Gabi about 25/26. 

Yeah, I guess it is possible that Eddie has more children out there but I never got the impression that he had a "family at every port" thing going.  I also think we would have gotten some confirmation on that once Paige died and Eddie decided he wanted to be a better person and father.  It kind of ruins that whole plot if Eddie knowingly has other families out there that he is choosing to ignore.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't think the writers care enough whether things make sense...remember Jordan the licensed physiotherapist with a fake name who raised her brother while on the run....?

To quote another poster - Dario was spooked by one dead body a year ago and hated his murdering father, but is now arranging hits and working with Dad. *eyeroll*

Today was boring. Eric is annoying me now, but so is Jennifer. Melissa never uses a different tone of voice and ends up coming off badly.

Ciara and Claire are being written as painfully one note.

Hope being happy while Eric flagellates himself makes me hate her.

Etc, etc...ugh.

Edited by DisneyBoy

Jennifer is being stubborn, Eric?  No, no.  That's you.  At least she's trying to help.  You're the one wallowing in self-pity.

Chloe, don't you dare go off on the police.  Nicole only did what she did because of the events you set in motion.  I still feel no sympathy for you whatsoever.

• Love 4

God, mopey Eric is really annoying.

This blonde woman conning Nicole has a really annoying voice.

Wow,  They admitted today that Ciara and Claire are family.

Could somebody please kill Claire?  Please? Why does she record her vlog from the pub instead of someplace quiet? The lighting probably isn't that great, either.

Yay, Ewe Search is back!

• Love 5
(edited)

Ugh, I hate how stupid Nicole is coming off in this whole thing.  Even if this woman she met weren't a con artist, why would she invite her in and keep her there for as long as she did and have her see the baby.  Did the thought ever occur to her that this woman could see her on the news and turn her in?  But instead of being dumb about that, she will be dumb and get ripped off of all her money instead.  Either scenario comes down to Nicole being stupid.

Shut Up Brady!

Brady was also a douche to Dr Lee before he came clean.  What if the Dr was just trying to keep out of it or stay private.  Brady is such a bully douche.

I like Jen and Eric together, but now they are just having the same boring conversation over and over again.  Eric wallow, Jen says she won't give up on him.  OK, I get it.  I want shirtless, sweaty Eric, and take-charge Jen getting it on!

At this point, i wish they would write off Claire.  What a cliche, what a shallow person.  She began as a sweet girl with potential, but they dropped the ball on that one.  I stil wish they hadn't destroyed Chase and kept him in the mix.  He and Claire would have been great.  She is no good for Theo.  Heck, neither is (this version of) Ciara.  He deserves better than either of them

Oh and shut up Brady!

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 4

Nicole was pretty stupid to bring the stranger in to her room, plus let her see the baby, and the stash o'cash. There is an Amber Alert for Holly and you as the 'kidnapper' so you really shouldn't be that trusting of someone dropping by to borrow a towel. The con artist should have simply gone to the main desk of the low-rent motel.

Claire, it's a fab idea to drop out of college (that your parents are paying for) and pursue a music career. You ain't gonna like sleeping in vans or performing at dubious 'clubs' and other venues. You can book a few gigs on weekends, or find someone who will do a video for you and maybe it'll go viral. Eventually, Theo will be the wrong image for you, or simply in your way.

Ciara, you wise girl, seeking relationship advice from your mom! You dumped Theo for being too boring for you and now that he is with someone else, you can't stand it. Give it some time and he may return to you. Or you will find someone who suits you more. Maybe you will also go away for some term exchange to maybe Europe and stay there.

I wonder if Nicole and Daniel had a signed contract with Chloe to be the surrogate for them. That she is a surrogate and has no claim to the child - surely there would have been some document where she signed her rights away. Perhaps Dr. Lee would have something on file. Can't imagine she'd want another kid unless more cash comes up for her to take care of it.  I don't see her really having Holly's interests at heart - only her own as she doesn't like Deimos, who was Robert, who took advantage of her.

• Love 4

Whew! They didn't get away with Holly. Brady finds Nicole. Will he bring her back or help her get away. This storyline is positively riveting!

• Love 2
(edited)

Today was actually an ok episode.  Maybe because there was no Hope or Rafe? LOL.

I do, however, miss old-Jade. Figures the only teen I liked, the actress decided to move on.  

I smiled watching Nicole moving the baby's arm, and the baby immediately putting it back.  And that sweet baby smile towards the end.  Adorable.

Too bad they had to have the triangle with Adrienne, Justin and Lucas.  Just Adrienne and Justin being estranged and finding their way back together in the middle of a health crisis would have been story enough for me.

And, I guess honeymoon is about to end.

Edit to add:  And Nicole, dear, when you said Chloe would never let Holly get kidnapped, um, isn't that how you ended up with Holly?  Duh, writers. Or was that sarcasm.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 4

I wonder if Nicole and Daniel had a signed contract with Chloe to be the surrogate for them.

She said something about when she went for a second helping of baby, the agreement allowed her to do it.  Or words to that effect.

"When you've had as many headaches as I've had, puke is like breakfast."  Uhhhhhh.

The tapas bar/topless bar thing sounded like something that normal people would say.

I do, however, miss old-Jade. Figures the only teen I liked, the actress decided to move on.

Actually, she showed up for work one day only to find another actress had her part.

The return of Ava Vitali? Come on.

Of course, the con artists/thieves took off with the cash. They really should not have dumped the baby - they could have been the kidnappers! Nicole's problem solved. Nice to see that ATM Brady found Nicole and Holly.

There doesn't need to be a Lucas and Justin/Adrienne triangle. She can simply choose herself and just be friends with both of them. I find it odd that Anne is getting a bit more dialogue.

Joey, if you don't want to be more than friends with Jade, do not lead her on. Set some proper boundaries with her. Supporting her as a friend is one thing. She and you are most likely on different pages of different books.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Actually, she showed up for work one day only to find another actress had her part.

Is that what really happened?  If so, that's very classless, tactless, and cruel on the show's part.

3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

There doesn't need to be a Lucas and Justin/Adrienne triangle. She can simply choose herself and just be friends with both of them. I find it odd that Anne is getting a bit more dialogue.

I really don't see this as a triangle right now.  Lucas is clearly being moved away from Adrienne and toward Anne.  Justin is just as clearly being moved back toward Adrienne.  So . . . if it is a triangle, there's not much of one going on here.

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I agree.  I don't know why it took three characters to attend to Adrienne's symptoms today.

1 hour ago, Vyk said:

Is that what really happened?  If so, that's very classless, tactless, and cruel on the show's part.

The way I heard it, the actress didn't want to sign a contract when it was offered to her.  Before she heard anything, her castmates told her that there was another actress on the call sheet when she didn't get a script.  Definitely a crappy way to handle it, although if you're recurring you never really know that you're going to be called in again.

2 hours ago, lska said:

The way I heard it, the actress didn't want to sign a contract when it was offered to her.  Before she heard anything, her castmates told her that there was another actress on the call sheet when she didn't get a script.  Definitely a crappy way to handle it, although if you're recurring you never really know that you're going to be called in again.

I read a slightly different version ... Original-Jade didn't want to sign a contract, and had one more script to show up for, but learned from Joey (her real-life boyfriend) that the nu-Jade was scheduled for that same day. Thinking she had 1 more day of work, Original-Jade hadn't said good-bye to any of the cast/crew the last time she worked. Then when she went to the studio to visit, they wouldn't let her in. It was only after she sent flowers or thank you notes that she was allowed back into the studio. 

• Love 2

Kayla should have let that bastard die. Now he is threatening her. A new storyline on the horizon probably and another one I will hate.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, buffynut said:

I read a slightly different version ... Original-Jade didn't want to sign a contract, and had one more script to show up for, but learned from Joey (her real-life boyfriend) that the nu-Jade was scheduled for that same day. Thinking she had 1 more day of work, Original-Jade hadn't said good-bye to any of the cast/crew the last time she worked. Then when she went to the studio to visit, they wouldn't let her in. It was only after she sent flowers or thank you notes that she was allowed back into the studio. 

Yikes, that's pretty rough.  The way DAYS handles casting is really terrible... but if they were treating her as if she was let go, I think it's pretty normal not to be let in the building.

(edited)

She was one of the best new additions to the cast. I have no clue why they would retaliate against her like that by hiring a new Jade just because she didn't want to sign a contract. I still don't even understand why Jade is on the show at this point in the game period they probably could have just as easily kept the original actress without signing her to a contract and she would have had about as much screen time. Maybe it was a money thing?

In any event it didn't sound like she knew she was replaced because the production told her. If you're fired from a job the very least your employer should do is pick up the phone to tell you about it.

I only got about 2 minutes of today's episode but you would think Abigail would be severely weirded out by a TBD bartender throwing shade at Chad while flirting with her. Shouldn't she have flashbacks to Ben?

Edited by DisneyBoy
11 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

She was one of the best new additions to the cast. I have no clue why they would retaliate against her like that by hiring a new Jade just because she didn't want to sign a contract. I still don't even understand why Jade is on the show at this point in the game period they probably could have just as easily kept the original actress without signing her to a contract and she would have had about as much screen time. Maybe it was a money thing?

In any event it didn't sound like she knew she was replaced because the production told her. If you're fired from a job the very least your employer should do is pick up the phone to tell you about it.

I only got about 2 minutes of today's episode but you would think Abigail would be severely weirded out by a TBD bartender throwing shade at Chad while flirting with her. Shouldn't she have flashbacks to Ben?

It doesn't seem like the cast switch was handled amicably but "not signing a contract" is a pretty big deal.  When a soap opera/show/movie wants you to sign a contract that is a good thing.  In terms of soaps they probably wanted to expand Jade's role and needed the actress to sign a more permanent contract because they need Days to be in 1st position (her main gig) and they need to secure her scheduling.  They can't run the risk that the actress could just leave at a moments notice or if something better came along she could easily ditch them in the middle of a good story.

This sounds like more of the Chandler Massey situation of production feeling like the talent was biting the hand that fed them and so they retaliate and replace the actor. 

• Love 1

Or they needed Jade because of this storyline with the father threatening Kayla. I hope this father isn't going to be a major storyline and they get rid of him and this new Jade fast.

• Love 3

Jeez, could they make Jade's father more awful?

Kayla should have taken herself off of Michaels's case immediately and let another doctor deal with him.

Other than that, not much to talk about about today's show.

• Love 2

I would like to file a missing person's report for Nicole Walker. This pod person is too dumb to live. The real Nicole would never be this stupid!

Can a serial killer please show up and take out Demios, Chloe, and Claire? These 3 are a waste of airtime.

In a dream, the character of Eric was written as a strong man who accepts his mistakes and moves on. Then I woke up to see a bus continuously running over him.....again!

• Love 2

Where was hospital security? Is there no security button in each hospital room? Why wasn't Jade's father hooked up to more machines. Ya think he wouldn't have had a transplant and maybe just his wisdom teeth taken out. And the transplant didn't work. Boohoo to him.

Abs has found someone new to take an interest in once the boredom with Chad and family life kicks in.

Didn't watch much of the JJ and Lani stuff.

I tuned in yesterday and was once again pleasantly surprised by how good the new actress playing Abby is.  And that's saying something, considering she was sharing scenes with Dario.  

Gabi, on the other hand, is becoming as annoying as she was in her first go-around with original recipe Chad.

And Ava has a kid who lived??  Why??????????????????????

Will someone please get Joey into the makeup chair and give the kid a decent haircut! He looked ridiculous today during that dramatic scene at the hospital. Bad actor and looks ridiculous. Please!

• Love 6

"Hal, this is not you." Sure it is, he's been an asshole from Day One.

Does this hospital not have any security? And has nobody at the nurse's desk even noticed that he pulled all of his probes free?

If Eli wants to meet his family, could he possibly want to meet with Scottie, too?

"How did this happen?" Well, Julie, when a man and a woman really, truly, love one another ...

I wish the Eli/Valerie/Julie scene had happened in private instead of in the pub.

Notice how Chad only had eyes for Gabi during that dance?

Well.  Good for Show for not having Steve keep the baby secret from Kayla.

• Love 3

I thoroughly enjoyed today's show.  Nice to see Julie with a storyline.  I am a sucker for Julie and Doug as I've been watching this show for 40 or so years since I was a little kid and I love the nostalgia. 

I loved the belly dancing scene.  As of late some of the scenes have a nice flavor of the old campiness that IMO always set the show apart from other soaps.

Loving the Chad/Gabi/Abigail tension and the actress playing Abigail is really growing on me. 

• Love 3

Surely, Hal pulling all the medical stuff out of him would set off alarms at the nurses' station. And yeah, there is no hospital security. Did a Salem PD beat cop show up for some other sort of call and got lucky with Hal? Jade, Joey's family isn't yours. Yes, they have been kind to you, but that is about it.

I did understand a bit of Valerie not telling anyone that Eli is David's son. She would have been with David at a time when interracial relationships were not common and there would have been quite a bit of stigma. Was it right or fair? No, but she made whatever decision she made. I thought Julie behaved rather kindly toward her grandson.

Doubt that a belly dance costume would have been required for the first lesson, and no, Abs and Gabs would most likely not have been good at it at first. It takes a while to get the hang of it and to use the abdominals. It was silly and I don't get why some Euro guy would be keen on it, unless he was from say, Turkey.

No idea why the show needs an Ava offspring.

• Love 3

The show DOESN'T need an Ava offspring, which is why this is more than annoying. I did like that Steve told Kayla right away though.

Edited by annabel
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, annabel said:

The show DOESN'T need an Ava offspring, which is why this is more than annoying. I did like that Steve told Kayla right away though.

The only person who needs this is Dena.

I guess it's good that Steve told Kayla right away, but it would have been much soapier to have the Hal incident get in the way.  Otherwise I'm not sure what the point is of running the two stories at the same time.

• Love 1

There is so much I just don't care about.  Jade's father, Valerie and anything to do with her, Nicole being TSTL.

I usually just keep the show on in the background, but I've gone back to fast forwarding everything I don't like. Not sure I'll be able to hang until the new material shows up HALF A YEAR later.

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 1

Just catching up on this week's episodes, and wanted to comment that the conning of Nicole storyline by the guy and gal at the motel, is a straight rip-off of Gone Girl.  I guess Nicole is the only person who hasn't read the book or seen the movie.  It was so ridiculous, but then so has this entire storyline been. 

• Love 3

I just want Joey to get a haircut. That's all.

So Nicole's plan was to just keep going on the run with Holly and hope no one found her? Good plan. Should have known it wasn't that good if Brady could find you though. And Brady wants to go with her, " just for a little while?" Sure the nanny and Maggie want to take care of Tate full time. Then hello Deimos! Of course you show up. 

Chloe commiserating with Eddie was fun. I'm just glad to see someone talking to Chloe and not yelling at her. Refreshing. I don't know what they tell NB to come back but next time I'd ask about the story because they always seem to be throwing her under a bus. 

• Love 4

What was with the country music playing at the pub?

There has to be something wrong with that baby that she just pants all the time.  Does a baby really sound like that?

I knew Joey was going to be standing there when Steve said that.

Eddie, you shouldn't be using phrases like "thick as thieves."

Er, Brady, don't you care about your own baby?

They sure are pushing Brady and Nicole as a couple.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

I just want Joey to get a haircut. That's all.

Not me I want to see him in a Beehive do.  Or at least a Veronica Lake swag

• Love 5

I'm not a fan of Deimos any longer, but someone needs to read Chloe for filth, so I'm glad he did.  It was made better by Maggie doing the same minutes later, though in a nicer way.

That said, I did enjoy her scenes with Eduardo, but I wonder if he'll be so eager to help her when he finds out the baby Chloe wants back isn't hers?

Edited by Vyk
  • Love 3

Nicole, you'd be better off asking the Kiriakis family to send you away on a jet to some country with no US extradition. You could disappear for a while. Seriously, you'd be better off dusting the contract you had with Chloe and presenting it to the judge. And you, Chloe, it's simply all about Deimos. You have no business making such a decision based on that form of stupidity. Men and relationships come and go. Just blinded by some weird revenge on him. Maybe you should have mentioned to Eudardo that you were just the surrogate parent.

I dunno if I'd appreciate a charm bracelet from my boyfriend. Not really my thing.

Brady, you have Tate to worry about.

Why do we need Ava's forgotten about and thought deceased of - kid.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why do we need Ava's forgotten about and thought deceased of - kid.

Because the horrid Higlemonster luvs the equally horrid Ava as much as she despises Kayla.  She has a long tack record where she have proven this repeatedly.  I came back for the wedding and was out again because I knew that Higlemonster giving the viewers the wedding was the precursor to her letting her Kayla hate fly.

I am back out until her reign has fully ended and that kid better go te way of Higlemonster herself, cause I'm not here for Kayla to continue to be the repository for the shit-show that is Steven Earl Johnson's existence.Kayla deserves a man whose love does not require her to be hurt as frequently as people breath, while being made to take it lest she is a bad person.

• Love 3