Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

What is so disturbing about Theresa playing these games, is that her mom was a victim of childhood sexual abuse..She should  be a bit more sensitive to that kind of false accusation..Her mother's traumatic past impacted her life and her brother's as well...

• Love 4

Teresa is really becoming unlikable.

Nicole looked ridiculous today. So did Jar Jar.

Maybe I'm being dumb but what is the point of sueing someone broke/already in debt in a civil case? Even Xander made that point to Nicole.

The lighting and blocking is really improved lately.

• Love 4

Serena's dress is one of the ugliest pieces of clothing I've seen in awhile.

Yes, if Stefano is going to be reduced to propping that vapid twit Abigail, he needs to go.  What a waste of a once interesting character.

Man, KM even has weird looking ears.

ETA:  AZ is so very good. Days is very lucky to still have her after the crap stories she's had the past two years.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 5

Stefano should have easily put all the pieces together when Abby said she was pregnant and seeing how miserable she was saying it was Ben's. Stefano's the king of manipulating DNA he should be looking for those records and seeing what really happened in minutes.

• Love 3

Damn, Nicole is fair to burstin' out of that sundress.  Not that I'm complaining, you understand...

Wow, Chad backstabbing Stefano like that isn't going to go over well.  Good thing for him that he's the only Stefano spawn left.

Ugh, Theresa, just stop. Aren't there cameras everywhere?.

• Love 4

Oh, these tragic young lovers, separated by cruel fate and Abifail's "interesting" sense of morality!

But fear not, Chad, you'll get her in the end. And then she'll cheat on you with someone else as soon as she's bored with you.

So the writing didn't actually improve for Theresa - the new writers just dumped the original offensive scheme and replaced it with another offensive scheme. Poor JL, she seemed to have hope...

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 6

Today's episode was really good (with the exception of the scenes with Abigail, she really does ruin everything, she took what was a really strong scene with Stefano and Chad and made it a ff moment). I see Ben being villainized to gain sympathy for Abby. Hey show, when characters need to be destroyer to prop a character up, it means that character isn't worth the ink you used writing for her.

Stefano was acting like Stefano for the first time since my return. The smack down of Chad was glorious.

Nicole was beautiful and awesome. Too bad Xander and Serena are out, as I actually saw potential for them. So with Aiden and Clyde at least four people, if not the characters they play (I think Melissa Archer could have worked in a different role, although I guess the issue was the writers, not the actress, so the role change might not have helped). Brady remains a dimwit, but I liked him with Nicole and like how he and Eric play off of one another.

I'm really excited for this week and all that comes next. I can't wait for Steve's return and the introduction of Joey, since it will give Kayla something to do other than be sucked into the disaster that is Jennifer's daughter. I just wish that Renee Jones could come back as Lexie and Matthew Ashford could return as Jack.

• Love 7

Oh, these tragic young lovers, separated by cruel fate and Abifail's "interesting" sense of morality!

But fear not, Chad, you'll get her in the end. And then she'll cheat on you with someone else as soon as she's bored with you....

Well, it IS her best side.

• Love 3

What is so disturbing about Theresa playing these games, is that her mom was a victim of childhood sexual abuse..She should be a bit more sensitive to that kind of false accusation..Her mother's traumatic past impacted her life and her brother's as well...

Yes, that scene bothered me as well. Rape is not a subject to make a mockery out of. In addition to what happened to her mother. Her aunt Kayla and cousin Stephanie survived sexual assaults, so Theresa setting up Xander to manipulate Brady is both disgusting and offensive.

Thinking of Theresa and and seeing the mess that is Eve, makes me wonder about Shane and his gene pool. Two daughters by different mothers, who weren't raised together and both are sociopaths. But then Shane also attacked crazies like Emma, Gillian and Gabrielle (or whatever Eve's equally whacko mother was named).

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 8

Eve seemed more cunning at theresa age...at least real eve did. However, I do think Shane's genes are the cause of theresa and eve'S vixen ways... remember his twin drew?

I do think of theresa is gonna pull the rape card..that mama Kimberly needs to be around.

• Love 4

But fear not, Chad, you'll get her in the end. And then she'll cheat on you with someone else as soon as she's bored with you.

So the writing didn't actually improve for Theresa - the new writers just dumped the original offensive scheme and replaced it with another offensive scheme. Poor JL, she seemed to have hope...

I was watching KM overact today, her Abby screaming at Ben in her weirdly shrill Mid-western accent and I can't believe that not only is this the harridan Chad's so bent out of shape about but that they are supposed to be the show's young lovers.  Seriously Show, you can do better.

I choose to hope that the show is moving JL out of this horrible story line and into something befitting her awesomeness--PLEASE??!!!  :)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5

Poor JL.  She is a good actress, the character of Theresa had potential, there's history to be mined, and the writers have ruined it at every turn.  Not only was Theresa's mother Kim sexually abused, but Kayla, Stephanie, Marlena, Sami, and Eric have all been raped.  Days continues to treat rape as a joke, and it is beyond offensive.

• Love 9

I must be alone in Xander giving me the creeps; he reminds me of the incredible hulk with the overly built body and way of speaking and, well, lurking.  Not into the body builder types - 

Shame they can't get her out of this scheming loop she's stuck in - she's like a hamster in a cage, keeps on doing it, getting nowhere and the character seems to be smarter than what they have done to her and the actress (I'm horrible with names) is one of the more decent ones.  Guess being mom is still secondary - 

Clothing choices today were…odd.  

Marry him or him - who cares, just go away.  

• Love 3

Yes, that scene bothered me as well. Rape is not a subject to make a mockery out of. In addition to what happened to her mother. Her aunt Kayla and cousin Stephanie survived sexual assaults, so Theresa setting up Xander to manipulate Brady is both disgusting and offensive.

Thinking of Theresa and and seeing the mess that is Eve, makes me wonder about Shane and his gene pool. Two daughters by different mothers, who weren't raised together and both are sociopaths. But then Shane also attacked crazies like Emma, Gillian and Gabrielle (or whatever Eve's equally whacko mother was named).

Gabrielle was Eve's mother and Gillian was Shane's ISA partner that  killed Emma and set up Kim for the murder...Kim was always tortured by somebody...They say that people who are victims of childhood abuse tend to attract that...Both of Kim's kids with Shane were coveted by other people. Cal wanted Jeannie and Victor wanted Andrew. Emma loved to torture Kim...Out of all of the supercouple on the show, Kim and Shane had the most angst..That is why I was so happy when they reunited at Alice's funeral. ...It pains me to see Shane's girls be such a mess...Eve, Paige and Jeannie/Theresa are a sad mess...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I must be alone in Xander giving me the creeps; he reminds me of the incredible hulk with the overly built body and way of speaking and, well, lurking.  Not into the body builder types -  

You're not alone!  I'll join you at the Xander is creepy table.  Partly it's a testament to Paul Telfer's suberb acting skills, because he plays Xander as an all too real misogynist, but also because body builder types are not my type, either.  PT sounds like a lovely man, though

• Love 3

You're not alone!  I'll join you at the Xander is creepy table.  Partly it's a testament to Paul Telfer's suberb acting skills, because he plays Xander as an all too real misogynist, but also because body builder types are not my type, either.  PT sounds like a lovely man, though

I agree that Xander is creepy, and I also credit Paul Tefler for driving that aspect home.  When he was playing Victor's hench-hunk, I immediately liked him not so much because he was a bodybuider type - we didn't see him other than fully dressed and not in tight anything - but because of how he delivered his few lines.  The guy just brought something to the role, as small as it was.  And he's doing the same now, just the exact opposite.  All I could think of today with Theresa was how stupid she was, how dangerous he comes off even at his most quiet.

He's built and talented, and that sure doesn't go together all the time.  

• Love 4

I don't enjoy his snarling.  Also not my type either. 

I thought Vic was angry because Xander had his own plans with the diamonds, etc., and not just what Vic told him to do.  I get it that he's blackmailing Xander about turning him over to the police but there's no way there were no fingerprints at the scene and the Salem PD couldn't....oh, wait. 

• Love 4

Today's episode was really good (with the exception of the scenes with Abigail, she really does ruin everything, she took what was a really strong scene with Stefano and Chad and made it a ff moment). I see Ben being villainized to gain sympathy for Abby. Hey show, when characters need to be destroyer to prop a character up, it means that character isn't worth the ink you used writing for her.

Man, KM is so freaking awful. Once again, someone stupidly involved her in some strong scenes with competent actors and gave her the opportunity to show off some acting talent and she once again just stands there looking stupid. 

What is Theresa's plan? For Xander to go to prison? What's to stop him from killing her in retaliation? Or does she want Brady to kill him? Her schemes are just as stupid and shortsighted as Will's. 

• Love 5

She either stands there and struggles or starts trying to upstage her partners mugging and making stagey gestures. I don't care for it personally its very campy and sophomoric.

Oh and I think Xander's cute. Bit there's a lot of cute guys on the show. Chad is handsome.

• Love 3

Today is Xander's last day on the show..I am going to weep...The show wasted him. He  should have been Alex kiriakis, Damn it!..He should have been battleling Philip and Brady for Victor's throne with his brothers Joseph, Victor Jr. and Sonny fighting for their piece as well..I know that the actor did not want anything long term, but he is so good on tweeter and his interactions with the fans are awesome...What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man, that line from the song En Vogue and Salt N Pepa plays in my head, every time I see a shirtless Xander..Theresa and Nicole are both dumb for not not hitting the sheets with Xander...Serena was smart enough to hit that...That is the only good thing that I can say about that character...The actress should have been Sarah Horton..Another waste! 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I do think the show has improved.  As one of you posted earlier, even the lighting is better.  Nicole looks better, as does Hope IMO.  I get the sense that some storylines are winding up, and Thank God for that.  Others, such as Secret Agent Boyfriend JJ need to end ASAP.  I remember liking the character, the actor, but all that sure feels like a long, long time ago.  This current storyline with him seems like some sort of 80's Nickelodeon fantasy.  

But watching yesterday, while Show kept my interest, it's still fatally flawed by putting Abigail and her trouble and travails front and center.  The character is repellent and the actress is awful.  I just don't care.  And I found myself wondering stupid stuff, like why the hell that Irish babysitter she had would leave Abigail a plot of land instead of leaving it to her daughter.  You remember, the daughter Abigail said she was going to call after Chad spilled the beans, as opposed to "she's all alone in the the world, she has no family", as Abigail said about her a month or so ago.  And while I like Chad, I seriously don't give a rats ass about Ben.

Show, just wrap this crap up.

• Love 8

I really wish someone would ask Chad why he "loves" that thing. I'd love to hear his explanation. Show is so desperate to make Chabby the new popular couple and desperate to make Abifail relevant but they haven't shown us why Chad would want to be with IT.

• Love 9

It just proves that Chad is a really good actor - he can get those shiny eyes even when looking directly at Abigail. Or maybe he exudes sorrow because he's really sad about who his acting partner is, and thwarted love at the thought of how great it would be if he were partnered with someone of equal talent?

Add me to the list of people shaking their heads at Theresa. Love JL, hate that they're going down the road of a false sexual assault accusation.

• Love 6

Will had a brain transplant since Sonny left? He went from a few weeks ago setting up private meetings with Chad and Abby to today saying Ben's great and wanting to be Team Ben.  LOL Way to make Will go from looking smart to stupid, especially with Ben stalking app Abby and

in time for him to go bad. 

What are they doing to Theresa? that was awful. ...This is not how I envision Shane's baby girl. That is a damn shame...Nicole was so damn smug today and she was insufferable like her paramour Doctor douchebag..Yuk...Her nose was so high up in the air, I thought that she would get a nosebleed..Not cool Nicole...

• Love 2

If it was the old Will and Old Chad. I would concur...lol Their chemistry was so potent, I thought for sure that they were going to stop fighting for that drip Mia and do each other...lol Old Will had chemistry with EJ too...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I always had preferred Chad/Sonny tbh. What an interesting couple that could have been if written right. It does not matter which Chad, CD or BF would have been fine either way, I think FS had chemistry with both of them.

Maybe Will's ready to Chill with Chad now that Sonny's gone and wants Abby out of the way.

Well, Billy could act the hell outta that. For sure. WilSon was a good family layer because it united Kiriakis, Brady and Horton. A Brady, Horton, Dimera pairing would work, too.

Chandler and Casey have good chemistry b/c they're close friends in real life. They still live together. 

• Love 3

I still lament the fact that Sonny's brothers never came back to Salem for their baby brother's wedding or even meet their niece Arianna...It would have added more depth to Sonny's characterization..It is almost like he existed solely to be Will's caretaker and handholder...It  is infuriating to me...What a waste!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

They sure did miss the boat when it came to Xander especially today when we had Victor talking about how worthless Xander's father was and him calling Victor a smug son of a bitch. They should have just made him the hurt outcast ready to get even with the whole family than some crazy murderer. A lot of potential with Xander. Someone within the Kiriakis family who wants revenge on Tan/Brady/Philip/Victor? That would be soooo good. Then you have "good guys" like Justin, Sonny, Sonny's brothers in on it? It would shake up the whole family and maybe get Brady back to being a Black and Taniel killed. So much could happen. And I just really like PT. I love his tweets and how he plays crazy. And I thought him & Theresa were good together in the few five second scenes they've shared. Xander and Theresa could have gotten together and wreak havoc in Salem,  to the horror of Kim and Shane..It would have been cool to see them join forces with their mortal enemy Victor, to extricate him from Theresa's life..What a waste!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

The money from the blood diamonds.

She sold those?  After smuggling them into the country?  Isn't possession of blood diamonds illegal, not to mention smuggling?  And yet she made an open financial arrangement to sell them?

She sold those?  After smuggling them into the country?  Isn't possession of blood diamonds illegal, not to mention smuggling?  And yet she made an open financial arrangement to sell them?

I thought she turn the diamonds over to Xander after he put 200,000 into her account.

Yesterday's show was so good. Today was a complete waste.

First, we get Chad and Ben and the quest for the holy ferret-faced cretin.

Then we get ferret-face and her weasel-faced cousin.

We get Brady, if you put my brain in a thimble, you could still stick your finger in the thimble with room to spare , Black.

We get that vile sociopath who I can't see being redeemed anytime soon because you are going to put an innocent man in jail for rape and everybody knows what happens to rapists and child molesters in jail, just so you can hold on to Brady and his money. I think this chick is the first Brady I actively hate.

We then get Eric, I got my brains from my daddy, no not original recipe daddy or extra crispy pawn daddy but current extra dim daddy, Brady.

We get the walking, talking tanning bed that nobody except the showrunners give a flying frick about.

We also get the deadly dull, couldn't get a personality if they were giving them out in front of him Rafe. How will Jope fall in love with him since there literally is nothing there personality wise. Is there romance going to be something Hope dreams up as she lapses into a coma listening to Rafe speak? Lord know I've literally fallen asleep while he speaks if I don't ff.

Lastly we get Victor, family is everything, Kiriakis allowing his admittedly scuzzy nephew by his non-existent brother go to jail for a heinous crime he knows Xander didn't commit. Proving that Victor remains the same creep he always was, he's just a geriatric version of his former self.

All-in-all, a complete waste of an episode.

• Love 9

Yesterday's show was so good. Today was a complete waste.

First, we get Chad and Ben and the quest for the holy ferret-faced cretin.

Then we get ferret-face and her weasel-faced cousin.

We get Brady, if you put my brain in a thimble, you could still stick your finger in the thimble with room to spare , Black.

We get that vile sociopath who I can't see being redeemed anytime soon because you are going to put an innocent man in jail for rape and everybody knows what happens to rapists and child molesters in jail, just so you can hold on to Brady and his money. I think this chick is the first Brady I actively hate.

We then get Eric, I got my brains from my daddy, no not original recipe daddy or extra crispy pawn daddy but current extra dim daddy, Brady.

We get the walking, talking tanning bed that nobody except the showrunners give a flying frick about.

We also get the deadly dull, couldn't get a personality if they were giving them out in front of him Rafe. How will Jope fall in love with him since there literally is nothing there personality wise. Is there romance going to be something Hope dreams up as she lapses into a coma listening to Rafe speak? Lord know I've literally fallen asleep while he speaks if I don't ff.

Lastly we get Victor, family is everything, Kiriakis allowing his admittedly scuzzy nephew by his non-existent brother go to jail for a heinous crime he knows Xander didn't commit. Proving that Victor remains the same creep he always was, he's just a geriatric version of his former self.

All-in-all, a complete waste of an episode.

Happytobehere, I'm on bended knee, asking for your post's hand in marriage.  I'll do my best to not make it a Salem marriage but I'll understand if you want to wait until you meet my evil twin.  

Seriously, your post is a thing of beauty!

I get what you're saying about Theresa, but while you hate her, I'll hate Eric.  JL keeps me from hating Theresa, although my head hurts from shaking it with her stupid and venal constant plots.  Gotta stop with this crap.  The character has too much potential and JL is too good to be wasted in this one-dimensional grasping persona.  And for Dog's sake, enough with wanting Brady!  It's like falling in love with a bag of fetid gas.  With a slow but constant leak.

Eric.....He's had pretzel sticks for brains since he came back to town.  The character is plaster-saint pious, to the point of idiocy.  There actually ARE people in this world with a sense of spirituality but you'd never know it going by this character.  He treats his God as if he's some sort of personal wishing well ATM, and manages to boil down every emotion to greeting card depth.  

Greg Vaughn is a big part of the problem....yeah, he's pretty, but the guy has absolutely zilch sex appeal.  And he was like this on GH too.  

Today, when Nicole APPROPRIATELY crowed in Serena's face and he called her greedy and selfish, well, just fuk off, Eric.   Go home and think dirty thoughts while stroking your statue of the Madonna and leave real people alone.  I'll take Theresa's crassness over his 'my farts smell like angel kisses" any day.  

Show is better and it shows.  Less than a week ago, after Eric dressed down Nicole, she'd be apologizing and feeling like crap.  Today she just quietly and adultly spit it back in his face.  And THEN we had Dr. Tan actually call Eric out on being smug.  I know it's pot calling kettle but I'll take what we can get.  

Abigail and Ben.....I had trouble paying any attention to what they were saying, because I swear her head is getting bigger and his face warts are approaching volcanic size.  Such an attractive and talented duo, aren't they??

I hoped against hope it wasn't going to happen, but it has.  After what - a year and a half or more? - of showing us what a good guy Aiden is, we now heard him talking to someone on the phone about all the money he's going to be getting.  Which we know means Hope's fortune.   So he's now been reset as the Big Bad and I call bullshit on it.

He's been Elijah Clarke'd.  For those who watched OLTL, you'll know what I mean.  For those of you didn't, he was a character brought on to the show, portrayed in storylines as being a standup guy with a strong moral center, in a relationship with Blair that was loving and supportive.  Then the asshat writers decided that plot was more important than character and overnight turned him into a sociopathic killer.  It's a bullshit move no matter what show does it.  We get an authentic build-up for a character, a depth to the character, we're lead to believe with GOOD REASON in a character's motivations and then PRESTO!  PLOTPOINT! BOOM!! - the hell with us.

To hell with them.

Edited by boes
  • Love 14

Happytobehere, I'm on bended knee, asking for your post's hand in marriage.  I'll do my best to not make it a Salem marriage but I'll understand if you want to wait until you meet my evil twin.  

Seriously, your post is a thing of beauty!

I get what you're saying about Theresa, but while you hate her, I'll hate Eric.  JL keeps me from hating Theresa, although my head hurts from shaking it with her stupid and venal constant plots.  

Eric.....He's had pretzel sticks for brains since he came back to town.  The character is plaster-saint pious, to the point of idiocy.  There actually ARE people in this world with a sense of spirituality but you'd never know it going by this character.  He treats his God as if he's some sort of personal wishing well ATM, and manages to boil down every emotion to greeting card depth.  

Greg Vaughn is a big part of the problem....yeah, he's pretty, but the guy has absolutely zilch sex appeal.  And he was like this on GH too.  

Today, when Nicole APPROPRIATELY crowed in Serena's face and he called her greedy and selfish, well, just fuk off, Eric.   Go home and think dirty thoughts while stroking your statue of the Madonna and leave real people alone.  I'll take Theresa's crassness over his 'my farts smell like angel kisses" any day.  

I hoped against hope it wasn't going to happen, but it has.  After what - a year and a half or more? - of showing us what a good guy Aiden...been Elijah Clarke'd.  For those who watched OLTL, you'll know what I mean.  

To hell with them.

First, thanks for the compliment about my post.

Second, I agree with you about JL, I think the actress is strong and she seems like a terrific person from her appearance on Afterbuzz, but I don't know how much more I can take. What I'm seeing plus people talking about how she treated Kimberly, I hope the new writers wise up, but I need to see changes soon, because can't abide by ferret-face and her supposed acting, having to hate an actress with actual talent would be awful.

Third, I couldn't agree more about everything you said about Eric and the fact that so much of the problem rests with GV. There is something about him as an actor that just doesn't work for me. He sucked as a replacement Lucky in GH. He sucked as a potential love interest on Charmed. Something is just lacking because on paper, he seems like he would work, but three failed portrayals with GV as the common denominator means GV is a huge part of the problem.

Fourth, I remember Elijah and so much word on what was done to him. The actor who portrays Aiden is so good, I just don't get why his character is being ruined and he is being let go. It is not for a Bo and Hope reunion because the plan appears to be pairing her with Rafe.

Lastly, let's drink a round and shout loudly to the sky: "To Hell With Them!"

• Love 4

Oh look, Abifail glowing over how much Chad must love her. Puke. Just wait until she finds out Ben knew she cheated on him and stayed with her and wanted to marry her anyway. Her already inflated ego will reach record levels.

• Love 4