Type keyword(s) to search

The Ellen Degeneres Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

These mouth thingy games really gross me out. I'm not sure if it's because it looks kind of like a walker on the Walking Dead, or the spit/drool part, or maybe the thought that a dental procedure is forthcoming... I don't know. It's just yucky to me.

Not buying it. It's all about the Benjamins. Is Ellen a stakeholder in this movie? Cause they glossed over that really well. I can't get that video out of my head, and I can't help but think the reason it wasn't released until now is that the releaser couldn't get his/her hands on it till now.

On her show today she celebrated her 'coming out' episode of her sitcom.  I'm curious what type of violence happened to her afterwards that she was telling Oprah about.  She talked about how people would see her after the show aired and they would yell negative things out of their car window, then she mentioned something about their was some violence too but didn't go into detail.  It made me wonder if she was physically assaulted or vandals that hit her house or property.

I love Ellen however, the format for her particular thread on this forum seems odd and disjointed. That is why I don't comment here.

But I love Ellen for her internal beauty....realness, honesty, grace, compassion, empathy, kindness (for all living beings) wit, humor and warmth!

• Love 4

Alas, I don't get to see the show every day, but I noticed she's not dancing as much into the audience.  Has she ever said why?  I hope she didn't hurt her back one too many times.  Once you have a back injury, it never goes away.  Just lays low and then flares up now and again.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Alas, I don't get to see the show every day, but I noticed she's not dancing as much into the audience.  Has she ever said why?  I hope she didn't hurt her back one too many times.  Once you have a back injury, it never goes away.  Just lays low and then flares up now and again.

I can't remember if she's danced in this season at all, BUT I do remember Jessica Biel's fabulous dance with tWitch!!!

On 9/14/2017 at 5:37 PM, chenoa333 said:

I love Ellen however, the format for her particular thread on this forum seems odd and disjointed. That is why I don't comment here.

But I love Ellen for her internal beauty....realness, honesty, grace, compassion, empathy, kindness (for all living beings) wit, humor and warmth!

I agree.  Very odd thread topics.  I don't come here either but it is more about not much to discuss.  

I adore Ellen for the same reasons. 

Now that it is mentioned I see she doesn't dance anymore.  I have always FFed through it anyway so fine with me.  She probably got tired of doing it or production did. 

I FF the kids. The girl who knows the presidents is strange.  

I enjoy her interviews, she is good at it, scaring them is stupid though. 

I fly through the hour stopping at things that interest me.  

• Love 1

Came here to comment on Ellen getting some kind of quiz show where she gets to humiliate and abuse people for her amusement ( and I guess for ours). Is there a market for this or is Ellen getting to be like Oprah and she gets a green light on everything she wants to do?  I know I won't be watching but I rarely watch her talk show anymore because the pranks and scaring people do not amuse me. I used to find her stand up entertaining and thought she was a good interviewer, but I believe she has become a bit full of herself and is a little bit mean.

• Love 4

Oh wow, I guess not too many people post on this board, LOL. I had actually forgot that I posted a comment last year.   I just wanted to mention about her father dying.  I actually thought he died a long time ago because I've never heard of her talking about him until now when she mentioned he passed.  I wasn't sure where he lived but I read online that he was living in La Jolla, California with his wife.  That did make me wonder how he ended up in California when he was from New Orleans, and also why wasn't he living in L.A. near Ellen?  I assume her mother does.  Also, if Ellen was the one who paid for his home because it was said he lived in a 'modest' house that cost $350,000.  I wondered where an insurance salesman could earn that much money, but maybe he saved a lot.  

I have a question if anyone knows....how come Ellen doesn't dance anymore during the intro?  I only started to recently watch the show again and admittedly never really cared for that part anyway.  Just curious.   Thanks!

On 1/22/2018 at 1:51 PM, Tammee said:

I have a question if anyone knows....how come Ellen doesn't dance anymore during the intro?  I only started to recently watch the show again and admittedly never really cared for that part anyway.  Just curious.   Thanks!

I think that started just thus season.  I assume she just got tired of or the producer made the change.  I always FF that so fine with me.

On 1/17/2018 at 2:44 PM, Tenarife60 said:

Oh wow, I guess not too many people post on this board, LOL. I had actually forgot that I posted a comment last year.   I just wanted to mention about her father dying.  I actually thought he died a long time ago because I've never heard of her talking about him until now when she mentioned he passed.  I wasn't sure where he lived but I read online that he was living in La Jolla, California with his wife.  That did make me wonder how he ended up in California when he was from New Orleans, and also why wasn't he living in L.A. near Ellen?  I assume her mother does.  Also, if Ellen was the one who paid for his home because it was said he lived in a 'modest' house that cost $350,000.  I wondered where an insurance salesman could earn that much money, but maybe he saved a lot.  

She has never mentioned her father!  There is probably a story there. Could be that her mother divorced him when she was young and he did not stay connected.   Her mother lives rural in CA last I heard.  I think it is an assisted living community.   

350k is not a high price for a house especially in CA.  

• Love 1

I enjoyed Ellen's Birthday show today, especially seeing Michelle Obama.  And when Portia came out, Ellen was very emotional,  the gift Portia set up for her(the Ellen DeGeneres Wildlife Center) was quite amazing.  

• Love 7

Saw something today about Ellen asking Bill Gates about the prices of everyday products at the grocery store. She totally embarrassed him. How many of those prices does she know?!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Saw something today about Ellen asking Bill Gates about the prices of everyday products at the grocery store. She totally embarrassed him. How many of those prices does she know?!

For Gawd's sake, neither one of them has been in a grocery store in the past twenty years!!!  It was a joke ... what's the big deal???

• Love 2

Hello, 

I'm looking for all the episodes of Teri Hatcher on Ellen show.
I've already looked on YouTube. I only found extracts, not full interviews...
Does anybody here can help me, please?

Those I'm looking for are from 2004 to 2006. Here are the dates :

- Episode dated 19 May 2006 (2006) ... Herself

- Episode dated 17 May 2006 (2006) ... Herself

- Episode dated 2 February 2006 (2006) ... Herself

- Episode dated 12 November 2004 (2004) ... Herself

If you can help me, email me at samforce85@gmail.com

Thanks, regards.

On 2/1/2018 at 7:10 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

I enjoyed Ellen's Birthday show today, especially seeing Michelle Obama.  And when Portia came out, Ellen was very emotional,  the gift Portia set up for her(the Ellen DeGeneres Wildlife Center) was quite amazing.  

I missed that episode. Damn! Maybe I can find it on youtube?

What an awesome gift. These 2 women know each other well. There is no "what gift do you give to someone who has everything"? Portia hit a home run on this birthday present! 

On 3/11/2018 at 7:12 AM, terihfan said:

Hello, 

I'm looking for all the episodes of Teri Hatcher on Ellen show.
I've already looked on YouTube. I only found extracts, not full interviews...
Does anybody here can help me, please?

Those I'm looking for are from 2004 to 2006. Here are the dates :

- Episode dated 19 May 2006 (2006) ... Herself

- Episode dated 17 May 2006 (2006) ... Herself

- Episode dated 2 February 2006 (2006) ... Herself

- Episode dated 12 November 2004 (2004) ... Herself

If you can help me, email me at samforce85@gmail.com

Thanks, regards.

I am very curious as to why.  Can you share that?

On 05/04/2018 at 7:31 PM, Wings said:

I am very curious as to why.  Can you share that?

It's simple : because I'm a big Teri Hatcher fan, and I want to watch all her interviews.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, terihfan said:

It's simple : because I'm a big Teri Hatcher fan, and I want to watch all her interviews.

Had I noticed your user name it would have been clear!  LOL

wow, not a lot of action here. i usually never watched either but i tuned in for sandra bullock because i like her but the last photo i saw of her was horrible and just had to look. well she looked a lot better. must have just been the makeup in the photo. she does need a hair cut in my opinion but she seems to have a good sense of humor. i would never inject that substance in my face. people are crazy. but the story was funny.

• Love 2

I haven’t watched probably since Portia was on presenting that sweet birthday gift to Ellen. I saw that she was on again yesterday and caught  that show. There is such an ease between them, it’s nice to watch. Interesting hearing about Portia’s new business venture. 

I recorded and watched Sandra today. They seem like friends and have a good rapport that’s fun to watch. I agree Sandra looked better than I have seen. 

Ellen does great with interviews especially with friends. That’s about all I’ll tune in to. The rest is ff material to me. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, diana said:

I haven’t watched probably since Portia was on presenting that sweet birthday gift to Ellen. I saw that she was on again yesterday and caught  that show. There is such an ease between them, it’s nice to watch. Interesting hearing about Portia’s new business venture. 

I recorded and watched Sandra today. They seem like friends and have a good rapport that’s fun to watch. I agree Sandra looked better than I have seen. 

Ellen does great with interviews especially with friends. That’s about all I’ll tune in to. The rest is ff material to me. 

that was the best birthday present by far for an incredibly wealthy celebrity! an animal lover myself was thrilled about the gorilla preservation. love them both for that. love love. it makes me happy to hear about the super rich actually doing something worthwhile with their fortunes. if we  heard more about this from other million/billionaires , i would feel better about which celebs i follow. as of now, it sickens me for the most part.

oh, one thing that really bothers me is how she "scares" her guests. that segment with sarah paulson just annoyed me. i find nothing funny about someone scaring another. i don't get it. it's not funny. period. it really pisses me off. it's cruel. 

• Love 2
On 12/31/2015 at 1:38 AM, backformore said:

I have loved Ellen for a long time, but I only watch her show occasionally now. I saw a segment on her scaring various guests. The whole thing seemed rather mean-spirited to me, and juvenile, in a bullying sense. Some people are more sensitive to being startled. And for anyone with anxiety, PTSD, someone jumping out at you can be truly frightening.

It's a good thing I'm not a celebrity, some of those "pranks" would have me collapse to the floor and cry. She's been lucky that people end up laughing, but I wonder if there might be a few celebrities who have ended up feeling humiliated or angry.

i just posted about this . you are right, it is mean-spirited, juvenile and bullying. i'm surprised someone like ellen thinks this is funny. it's horrible. she needs to be educated about this. hate it. stop it ellen. how do we let her know this is unkind to say the least?

• Love 3

wow, i just looked at her Facebook page and there must be hundreds of comments about the segment on scaring sarah paulson. it was disturbing to me how 99.9% of them thought this was funny, hysterical, all good. and the few people who voiced their opinion that it was not funny, it was bullying, abusive, controlling whatever, were the recipients of nasty comments.  

• Love 1

I happened to tune in today & saw Ellen give a nice surprise to her assistant, Jeannie.  She presented her with a new car.  Jeannie was very surprised.  Jennie does all kinds of crazy stuff for the Ellen Show, she stands out in the cold to give prizes to viewers, she travels all around the country.  She says she loves what she does(it would be a fun job), but she was really surprised with the gift of a car, for being with the Ellen Show for 10 years. 

Did it seem like Ellen was getting annoyed with Julia Roberts? It seemed like she stopped giving a damn by the time they played her Heads Up game. Add in that Julia does not seem like a natural spokesperson. She was having a hard time looking natural reading off that prompter. Compare that to Kristen Bell on the Jimmy Kimmel Show when they did that Red charity shopping channel thing who looked like she could have her own show doing that.

Crazy amount of gifts though for day 5 of the 12 days of Christmas.

• Love 1

I saw a bit of her interview with Bill Hader, and when he was joking about a cat turning on a water faucet, he was meowing. She somewhat coldly joked that he obviously didn't have a cat. I was reminded why I haven't watched her show in years, even though I used to be a fan. She has become so cold and so passive-aggressive, the atmosphere is just beyond dead. 

• Love 2

Oh my gosh, I have become a HUGE fan of Bill Hader in Barry.  One of the BEST shows this year.  

I  LOVE Twitch on Ellen.  I was rooting for him to win SYTYCD years ago.  I am so happy he has a high-paying job.  

His semi-final dance on SYTYCD was Mercy by Duffy.  With a closed door as a prop.  ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Love 2
On 10/24/2019 at 3:32 PM, seasons said:

Why isn't Ellen hosting her show lately? The neck injury? Googled it but not much info.I

I think she's done, this is the last season. Can't say I blame her.

Yea, she seems to be taking off a lot recently,  I did enjoy seeing Justin Hartley hosting today, but I'm a fan of "This is Us" 🙂

• Love 3