Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Inclement Weather

Tara Ariano

Clarke confronts Dante Wallace (Raymond J. Barry).

Clarke is little more than a child throwing a tantrum at this point -- all because her whispering eye needs some more quality time with Finn (even though she has no idea if he's alive or not).  And by confront, she probably stabs him or something because that's just how Clarke rolls.

Meanwhile, Kane interrogates one of the 100

It's either Bellamy, Murphy, Raven or the two redshirts -- they are the only remaining members of The 100 with Kane's group, and knowing Kane it will involve torture so my money is on the redshirts.

Abby performs emergency surgery

Of course Abby does -- at the spotless hospital facilities at the Alpha Station that apparently no one else on the Earth knew about (not the grounders, not the 100, not the Lurkers and not the Mt. Weatherites), since they wouldn't let Raven die or their would be fewer love quadrilaterals on this show.  Which probably isn't good news for Murphy because he was pretty banged up as well.

As a sidenote, going into Season 2 it becomes more and more glaringly clear that calling this show 'The 100' was a terrible idea in the first place since it really has no meaning to anything that is going on with this show anymore, when it was more like the 'The 10' and 90 redshirts.  It would have been like calling 'Lost in Space' as 'The 8' or 'The Brady Bunch' as 'The 9'.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

Of course Abby does -- at the spotless hospital facilities at the Alpha Station that apparently no one else on the Earth knew about (not the grounders, not the 100, not the Lurkers and not the Mt. Weatherites), since they wouldn't let Raven die or their would be fewer love quadrilaterals on this show.  Which probably isn't good news for Murphy because he was pretty banged up as well.

It just landed a few days ago.  Doesn't seem surprising that it hasn't been thoroughly searched by anyone on the ground yet, especially since it's also being guarded by well-armed folks.  

• Love 1
It just landed a few days ago.  Doesn't seem surprising that it hasn't been thoroughly searched by anyone on the ground yet, especially since it's also being guarded by well-armed folks.

I'm confused -- if it was part of the Ark, how did they know where it landed ?  Kane said to Sinclair that he had the coordinates, but where did they get those coordinates from ?  It's not like all the pieces from the Ark fell in a coordinated manner and landed at pre-planned locations (it was pretty much a big clusterfuck on the way down). And how did Alpha Station survive the landing so well if it impacted the ground so hard to rip the spoke and wheel structure in half ?  Because that structure should have been pancaked on impact (stuff designed for weightless operation in space generally doesn't hold up well in a 1-G environment).

They only found the dropship because of smoke from the fire that Clarke and company started to defeat the Grounders.

I'm confused -- if it was part of the Ark, how did they know where it landed ?  Kane said to Sinclair that he had the coordinates, but where did they get those coordinates from ?  It's not like all the pieces from the Ark fell in a coordinated manner and landed at pre-planned locations (it was pretty much a big clusterfuck on the way down). And how did Alpha Station survive the landing so well if it impacted the ground so hard to rip the spoke and wheel structure in half ?  Because that structure should have been pancaked on impact (stuff designed for weightless operation in space generally doesn't hold up well in a 1-G environment).

They only found the dropship because of smoke from the fire that Clarke and company started to defeat the Grounders.

Maybe they had a magical GPS.  Though they were probably just using basic map and compass skills.  I agree the ark should have been blown to smithereens when it landed.  It was completely unbelievable when we saw Abby and Kane emerge from a hatch to step out on a relatively intact ark piece in the season 1 finale.  There didn't even seem to be any impact markings on the ground surrounding the station.  I think maybe a couple of bent trees.  There should have been significant damage to the environment around the station at impact.  Almost nothing about the ark was every scientifically accurate. Most of the "things that make no sense" thread is about how dumb the ark stuff is.  I just shrug it off and hope they move past any ark stuff quickly.  

It does seem like they renamed the ship after they landed.  It was Mecha Station when Abby contacted Jaha after they landed.  With no other stations, makes sense that it would revert to Alpha.  

• Love 3

Clark needs to get out of Mount Weather.  Her hair and make up look so much better when she's unbathed and running 'round the woods.  

Was I just not paying attention or did so many things really not make sense?  How does tiny Octavia overpower a big dude and then how does she manage to successfully negotiate when there are archers surrounding her?  Why are the mountain men wasting the grounders?  Wouldn't it make more sense to breed with them?  I have no words for the Jaha stuff.  

• Love 3

I would have much preferred a real baby left behind on the Ark, as cliched as that would be, over the infinitely more hokey "vision of lost loved one inspires and exhorts the hero" nonsense. I knew Jaha would somehow get down to the ground. I'm glad they didn't drag this plot line out. Now let's see where he landed and what kind of adventures he'll have before reuniting with the others--before petty dictator Kane executes or imprisons them all.

I applaud Octavia's bad-assery, even if it was implausible. The same with Clarke and Raven. As usual, the women make the men look like whiny screw-ups. Even Lincoln managed to get captured. The upside was that it gave him the chance to sacrifice himself once again for love. Frankly, I want more Lincoln, stat.

• Love 1

So, Lettie Mae from True Blood, is the head of Lincoln's clan?  And, apparently, not very bright, because why would just let Octavia know that she holding the only healer hostage?  Your just giving her all the power!  Of course, it looks like Lincoln has now been captured by The Reapers, so Octavia is going to have to try again.

Anya is alive!  Not surprised over her predicament though.  It was obvious that Mount Weather was up to something, and using Grounders to drain their blood, is certainly one way to go.  Not sure how Clarke is going to approach this, since she tends to just jump in head first, lately.  She should actually think this through this time.

Raven gets the bullet out of her, but might have lost the use of her left leg.  Sucks to be Raven.

Kane's rule pissed Abbie off enough, that she helped Fin and Bellamy escape, to find the rest.  They're forcing Murphy along too, which I'm sure is going to blow up in their faces.

At least Jaha is now on Earth, even if they took the most ridiculous way possible to do it.  Even if he does get there somehow, I suspect Kane will find some way to have him not be their leader though.  Kane ain't giving up his position, I don't think.

So when they brought the Ark down all the medical supplies got destroyed? Why does Raven always have to suffer the most out of everyone?  Lindsey Morgan was acting her ass off tonight. Thomas McDowell not so much. He is the weakest actor on this show.

Nice to see Adina Porter; wish it was on a better show though.

I don't understand why they feel the need to redeem Murphy. No one cares about his lame sob story when others have had it worse.

Ahh hallucination Wells! I miss Wells so much. He was smart without it being forced. I'd trade Clarke, Finn, and Jasper for Wells any day.

I'm beyond bored with this psycho Clarke.

The Mt. Weather drama is so predictable

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1

I agree with @bluebonnet -- that was brutally bad.  The Jaha stuff was beyond ridiculous.

How does anyone put up with Clarke's behavior ?  She barges into wherever she wants, and no one says boo.  If I were the President I would have tossed her out the airlock just for barging in and demanding answers in the middle of breakfast.  And despite ripping her arm open -- again -- she has complete use of it (it's just a flesh wound, no worries).

And why does Clarke suddenly care that they are mining the grounders for blood ?  The grounders have been trying to kill them since the day they landed.

Suddenly Octavia has mad ninja skills despite the fact she just had the shit knocked out of her from the poisoning.

And for good measure, I did not like the new opening credits at all.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

The show feels off because the characters are all in their separate corners.  I like the storyline potential, but miss all the character interaction, particularly Bellamy/Clarke.  I don't need for them to be romantic, but their tentative alliance/friendship/attraction/whatever is a lot of what makes the show work.

Clarke's behavior is extreme, but warranted.  Everyone seems to have forgotten how they arrived at Mt. Weather.  It's not like they were loaded on a school bus and given juice boxes.  They were gassed, examined, stripped and reclothed, "quarantined", and forcibly kept in a fancy cave.  I think it's normal for Jasper to appreciate being safe and clothed and fed, but they should all know better than to accept anything at face value.  These are kids who thought they'd die at eighteen, often for minor crimes.  The last thing they should want are more rules.

Re: Dialysis

My guess is that the Mt. Weatherites are replacing their own blood with the Grounders or enforcing some kind of intensive, blood-based gene therapy.  No other reason to store them in prime draining position.  Which in itself is a horrifying sentence to type out.  

Also: what's up with the 1940's inspired casual wear?  These people did go underground in like 2014, right?

Re: Jaha and Phantom!Wells

We all already loved this movie when it was called "Gravity."  No need for a remake.

Clark needs to get out of Mount Weather.  Her hair and make up look so much better when she's unbathed and running 'round the woods.

Seriously, right?  I mostly can't get over how huge her boobs are.  They're like a character in their own right.  Good lord, the back pain...

ETA:

The return of a bearded Nathan Miller? Yes!

Edited by Lila82
  • Love 3
Seriously, right?  I mostly can't get over how huge her boobs are.  They're like a character in their own right.  Good lord, the back pain...

Well, Victoria's Secret has been out of business for nearly 100 years, so it's probably hard to get good bras.  But yeah, her boobs were huge.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

I don't mind Clarke and Bellamy being separate because them together as leaders was one of my problems with the show. I constantly wonder why no one stepped up and challenged them for the leadership positions they just up and decided for themselves. And their stupid decisions made the war with the Grounders worse.

Eliza Taylor is just such a weak leading lady. Its becoming more and more apparent this season. She's just not a good actress. 

• Love 1

I thought the 2nd episode was much better than the first just like I thought the 2nd episode from the Pilot was better. I'm enjoying where this is going so far. But yea, they need to get some groups back together. Even if it's for a little while. Octavia and Lincoln are probably the stand out characters of the show for me. The actress who plays Octavia reminds me of Neve Cambell. I like the rest of the cast to. Glad they are trying to keep everyone around. Season 2's usually try to emulate the first season so it's no surprise.

Ikes, I am really starting not to like this show. I agree it is a problem for me that Clarke and Bellamy are apart but not just because I ship them but I enjoyed the struggle last year of two kids trying to lead but really not being good leaders and messing up. Bellamy is sort of a minor character these days.  That bugs. Murphy seems to have gotten all Bellamy's time. That bugs.  Clarke is totally on my last nerve. She is acting like a petulant kid and I agree I don't see why she would care about the Grounders.  Just like a day ago they were trying to kill her and her people. But at the very least stop being so obvious about your intentions!  If I was in charge of Mt. Weather I would have kicked her out long ago. They don't need that kind of trouble.

JaHa, wow, seriously lame. Though I will give them credit for not extending the story needlessly - I kind of get annoyed that all the characters made it to the earth in such a hail mary way. Seems improbable.

Kane has lost me. It seems like he regressed into the jerk he was at the start of last year. That annoys me. I agree with him about not sending people out to search for the kids but he did it in such a pissy *I am in charge* way.

I am just not interested in a lot of what is going on anymore.

Based on the scenes in the new intro that show the remains of the Statue of Liberty and the Brooklyn bridge in a large desert area, it looks like Jaha crashed in what used to be New York -- that's a long way from Mt. Weather on foot.

Looking at the new intro, there are lots of things highlighted by the funky computer graphics (accompanied by shitty music):

• another large piece of the Ark that crashed and is partially on fire (as yet undiscovered by our intrepid group at Alpha Station)
  • there's a lot of people around and they all seem to have tracking tags that are moving (you see red triangles accompanied by the label Tracker followed by a number)
  • one mountain with two mine entrances with mine tunnels running throughout (is that where the lurkers live) with people moving inside the tunnels
  • the Alpha station sticking out of the ground where it crashed
  • a big desert with the remains of the Brooklyn Bridge and the Statue of Liberty (I can't wait until Jaha sees the Statue of Liberty and recreates the final scene with Charlton Heston from 'Planet of the Apes').  There also appears to be another burning piece of crashed Ark nearby, so Jaha is probably going to find other Ark people
  • An underground complex that isn't Mt. Weather, with people inside it (based on the tracking tags)
  • a scene of the Arkfall (copyright, Defiance)
  • an overhead flyover of an amusement park, complete with intact Ferris Wheel and parts of a roller coaster (I guess that's supposed to be Coney Island) where a part of the Ark apparently fell as well
  • a city in the middle of a desert surrounded by small mountains (the mountains rule it out as the remains of New York)
  • a different city amongst green mountains, complete with water towers
  • the Mt. Weather complex with still functioning hydroelectric dam right beside it (complete with mystery chambers far below the levels that have been seen so far that look industrial)
  • overhead view of Washington D.C., complete with what's left of the Lincoln Memorial, the Reflecting Pool (why isn't the Reflecting Pool filled in with trees by now ?), the broken Washington Monument and partially destroyed Capital Building in the background, with a large fire off to the right

They really messed up the scale on the remains on the Lincoln Memorial -- for starters, the columns are much smaller in that visual than they are in real life, and the building is much larger in real life (the columns behind Lincoln's statue are much further away than shown).  Way to go show -- screw up something that simple as the getting the dimensions of the Lincoln Memorial right.

• Love 8

Thanks otto! I was trying to read the screen, but couldn't make out a lot of that stuff and couldn't really slow it down on my tv. 

I too miss the Bellamy/Clarke dynamic, but I am looking forward to Finn/Bellamy trying to work together since they were almost always at odds before, but now have a common goal.  Not really into Lincoln/Octavia - they need to get them with Clarke or someone else stat.  I don't care about the Grounders.

After seeing the bleeding grounders, my new theory is that the Mountain Men bleed the Grounders until they are almost dry, then maybe turn them over to the Reavers.  Then maybe that's who we saw in the tunnels when Lincoln, Clarke, and Finn were trying to get back to the 100 camp and realized that the Reavers were cannibals and their meals were still breathing.  Maybe there's some creepy peace treaty between the Reavers and the Mountain Men.

I agree with those who want the characters to get back together, especially Clark/Bellamy. There are too many seperate story lines now with Lincoln/Octavia, Clarke at Mount Weather, Alpha Station and Jaha. In the first season it was just the Ark and the 100 as two seperate groups.

I can't wait until Jaha sees the Statue of Liberty and recreates the final scene with Charlton Heston from 'Planet of the Apes'

Nice to see that I'm not the only one who thought of Planet of the Apes when I saw the Statue of Liberty in the new opening credits. I suppose that thought occurred to almost everybody who watched that movie.

Clarke is just annoying and bratty, whether she;s right or not. Her lack of seeing the others POV was stupid. She accused them of being threatened to say things because they dared like that they get food, safety and clothes?

Wow, I must have tuned out quite a bit because I didn't even realize that Jaha made it to Earth.  I thought he was still floating in space Gravity style.

Jaha should be dead -- when his helmet visor broke open and he was exposed to the hard vacuum of space, he would have had to close his eyes to keep them from freezing.  So how did he manage to find the button and open the airlock door, because the airlock door was closed when he was headed towards it.

I also like how when he pressed the interior airlock button the doors closed, the room was filled with air -- and gravity suddenly turned on. WTF ?  And why didn't he have any frost let alone frostbite on his face ?

And since when do missiles have parachutes -- missiles are meant to go boom ?  And not to ask another stupid question, but who docks missiles with the exhaust end pointed into the same room as where they store the spacesuits ?  Or the fact that the screws that Jaha unscrewed from inside the missile had been screwed in from the outside.  Or how a missile managed to re-enter Earth's atmosphere without getting burnt to a crisp -- since a missile doesn't have a heat shield ?  Or the fact that the missile was the same color after it landed when it left the Ark.

• Love 1

So last episode we had Fallout, and this episode we get Mass Effect (with reapers, and the 

upcoming "Project Cerberus"

- this forum needs a spoiler section but I'm too lazy to create one, btw). Somebody in the writing stuff sure is a gamer.

Anyway, and OK ep, but I liked the first one a bit more. I don't agree that Kane's a dictator - all of his decisions make more sense, although I do understand Abby, Bellamy and the others. I think it's one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations.

Octavia's sudden badassery was completely implausible, but at least she wasn't a damsel in distress for a change, so I applaud it. I felt really bad for Raven, that's a really sucky situation she's in. I hope she'll get better eventually, because she's awesome.

The show's much better with the lack of romance, but I do want Clarke to get back sooner, because even despite getting the requisite cringeworthy Clarke/Finn scenes we'll also get her and Abby, her and Raven and her and Bellamy, which are all interesting. Plus, she's bound to clash with Kane, and more conflict is always good (unless it's stupid and contrived).

It's interesting than women were the leaders of both tribes of Grounders we've seen. Also, why did each only have one healer? If they've trained one, why couldn't they train more? Do their religious beliefs forbid that or is it just a contrivance? I really want to know more about Grounders, hope the show will create something that makes sense.

Jaha... Wasn't quite as bad as I expected, and props to the actor, but I'd still prefer if he died with the station.  Not sure why the narrative would still need him.

Also: what's up with the 1940's inspired casual wear?

As I've already said, they were clearly inspired by Fallout, and retro-futurism is a big part of those games.

Edited by FurryFury

Well, this at least explains why the Grounders were afraid of the "Mountain Men" ... which is a plot point I had completely forgotten about.

Often, when I watch this show, I start to wonder about its connection to Battlestar Galactica. It's borrowed some of the actors and some of the aesthetic and, this week, it borrowed an imaginary baby plot. Okay.

Also, like everyone else, I LOL'd when Octavia came up with a plan to ransom the healer, and there were, like, four archers with a clean shot at her the whole time she was talking. Good job, girl. I sort of wonder if the healer and the leader were actually trying to help Lincoln go free, and that's why they went along with this, but I don't think the show is that smart. As others have said, though, I like the impulse to have Octavia do something besides get carried around and rescued by the male characters.

I like to judge The 100 against itself rather than other shows, so, by that standard, the new credits are pretty good, and the second episode of this season was -- although a let-down from the premiere -- about a thousand percent better than the second episode of last season. I'm pulling for this show. I want it to be good.

• Love 3

I like to judge The 100 against itself rather than other shows...

This. I never expected it to be super realistic about space travel, or life support, or anything.  I actually think though, by CW standards, it's been solid.  And I enjoy it.  It could be better. But I don't fret about things like how Jabah somehow survive after having his helmet crack open and he still somehow managed to get inside the vessel and seal it.

I enjoyed this episode.  I do think it'll be great when the characters re-unite. I think that given the circumstances, that many of the feature "teen" characters were by necessity, and for common sense reasons, imprisoned or stuck in limbo, that these first two episodes were pretty good.

Also, I love the new intro myself. I think they did a great job on it.  And thanks to the poster above for the cool detailed breakdown. I would not have had the patience to figure all of that out.

• Love 6

Lessons from this week's episode.

If you've made up your mind to accept a dignified and lonely death after heroically destroying your home to save your people, check to see if your subconscious agrees. You could save yourself a lot of hallucinogenic baby stress.

Super healing is like sausage: you really don't want to see how it's made.

It's cruel to tell someone that a loved one has been eaten by the reivers. Just say they were sent to a stem cell farm.

A life spent in an artificial environment plus police training is sufficient to make your an expert wilderness scout and soldier.

When trying to win over a suspicious newcomer, you should both lie about your society's activities, and make it easy for them to wander around and discover the truth.

If you build a space based missile, don't forget to give it a life capsule and safe deceleration capabilities in case decades later, someone wants to use it as an escape pod instead of a weapon.

• Love 2

I don't think Miller's long for this world, getting a reintroduction and a first name is Red Shirt code for 'You Die Now'.

IDK why Bellamy's letting the girl with the practical hairstyle come along didn't she and her friend leave him to die the day before? I don't like the idea of Murphy being redeemed but there's a valid reason to bring him along at least. 

It's a good thing Raven is tech gifted I don't think Kane is going to allow for "dead weight" in Camp Jaha. 

I can't wait for Clarke to be reunited Bellamy and Finn (Raven too but that's probably not going to happen for a while) who in their own ways are as intense and driven as she is, her current group don't play off her well, but I'm looking forward to more Clarke/Anya scenes.

I'm still convinced Jaha should have died last season but I liked seeing Wells again.

Well damn. I guess the Mt. Weather people were always supposed to be bad. I had such high hopes.  I did not recognize any art tonight, saw a pyramid thing and some sculpture that I am not familiar with. Clarke and the pink sweater were boob-tastic, they just looked huge.

I'm not sure why the archers did not shoot Olivia in the back when she went by, easy shot.

ETA: Loved the new credits! I will have to slow-mo and examine to see if I see any hints

Edited by Arynm

I didn't have time to watch this episode until this evening and was seriously considering quitting the show.

So I guess Lincoln's friend healed Octavia with something that gave her superpowers, including the ability to persuade angry strangers to do her bidding. At least she apologized to Lincoln's friend under her breath after she totally emasculated him before the acting clan leader.

The Earth's most primitive tribespeople are having a pretty tough week, but Clarke is here to save the day, maybe. http://previously.tv/the-100/grounder-beef :

...ALWAYS TRUST THE PUSHY BLONDE NAMED AFTER SUPERMAN AND NEVER TRUST THE PEOPLE LIVING IN A MOUNTAIN WHO'VE SOMEHOW ACQUIRED "GIRL WITH A PEARL EARRING" AND HUNG IT UP IN THEIR CAFETERIA.

Or, what I was thinking: "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you."

And I would've named the episode some variation of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Jaha should be dead -- when his helmet visor broke open and he was exposed to the hard vacuum of space, he would have had to close his eyes to keep them from freezing....

I was expecting his eyeballs to get sucked out into space (after I gave up on him supergluing Chekhov's crack on his face shield).

I would have much preferred a real baby left behind on the Ark....

I had a whole scenario going in my head in which it was another "illegal" baby whose father was Wells. How awesomely emotionally rewarding would that plot have been?

So next week Anya and Clarke will no doubt drink of the magic potion that Octavia imbibed, which will enable them to successfully lead a coup of Mt. Weather's prez. I wonder if he'll literally lose his head.

Editing because, among other things, it's "Octavia" not "Olivia."

Edited by shapeshifter
Seriously, right?  I mostly can't get over how huge her boobs are.  They're like a character in their own right.  Good lord, the back pain...

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed. I kept thinking did she get a boob enhancement while under quarantine, lol

Given how last season they called the plan to get back to Earth the Exodus Plan (or something with Exodus in it), I'm pretty sure that when Kane mentioned the Exodus Charter he was referring to a rules they had formulated to be in effect once they returned to Earth, and "execute anyone who breaks the law" probably isn't one of them.

And keeping up the the Kane defense, getting ticked off over who has access to the guns is perfectly reasonable. The have limited resources so they need to use them to best effect, and so should the guns be going to trained security personnel or to just any yahoo?

Also on the security: Kane caught some flak for not sending out patrols to look for the lost lambs, but making sure your base of operations is secured before going out and potentially looking for trouble just makes sense. What's the point of bringing people in if all you're doing is putting them all in one convenient location to be wiped out because you didn't make sure that one location was safe?

Are the Mount Weather folks stealing the Grounders' blood or using their bodies as a sort of dialysis machine? More importantly, why haven't they been trying to figure out how to adapt their bodies to the environment? I mean, sure, they seem to be comfy cozy in the facility, but they have to know they have a critical strategic weakness that could doom them in the long run. That's my theory as to why the 48 aren't in the cages: unlike the Grounders, they're from a technologically and culturally sophisticated society, plus there's only 48 of them and they're young, so it should be possible to assimilate them into the Mt. Weather society where they will eventually disseminate their ability to withstand the outside environment throughout the population.

• Love 1

Maybe they had a magical GPS. Though they were probably just using basic map and compass skills. I agree the ark should have been blown to smithereens when it landed. It was completely unbelievable when we saw Abby and Kane emerge from a hatch to step out on a relatively intact ark piece in the season 1 finale. There didn't even seem to be any impact markings on the ground surrounding the station. I think maybe a couple of bent trees. There should have been significant damage to the environment around the station at impact. Almost nothing about the ark was every scientifically accurate. Most of the "things that make no sense" thread is about how dumb the ark stuff is. I just shrug it off and hope they move past any ark stuff quickly.

It does seem like they renamed the ship after they landed. It was Mecha Station when Abby contacted Jaha after they landed. With no other stations, makes sense that it would revert to Alpha.

2 ark stations made it to ground

Alpha and mecha

On mecha was Abby Kane

On alpha only character I know is Jackson who is Abby's medical assistant( it was the station that jaha was ment to come down on before he stayed behind)

It season final

The see a smoke in the distance. This is alpha station

• Love 2

Given how last season they called the plan to get back to Earth the Exodus Plan (or something with Exodus in it), I'm pretty sure that when Kane mentioned the Exodus Charter he was referring to a rules they had formulated to be in effect once they returned to Earth, and "execute anyone who breaks the law" probably isn't one of them.

And keeping up the the Kane defense, getting ticked off over who has access to the guns is perfectly reasonable. The have limited resources so they need to use them to best effect, and so should the guns be going to trained security personnel or to just any yahoo?

Also on the security: Kane caught some flak for not sending out patrols to look for the lost lambs, but making sure your base of operations is secured before going out and potentially looking for trouble just makes sense. What's the point of bringing people in if all you're doing is putting them all in one convenient location to be wiped out because you didn't make sure that one location was safe?

Agree with all of the above. Kane's problem really isn't (and never has been, IIRC) that he's incompetent or makes bad strategic decisions; it's that he's terrible with people. Which he pretty much spent this whole episode demonstrating.

I think the grounder leader was sort of impressed by Olivia´s courage and maybe even by her devotion to Lincoln  and that´s why she didn´t order her people to take her out even when they had a clear shot. Atleast I can fanwank it that way. 

I agree the tight pink sweater and the wonderbra under it just made Clarke look like Xena in some shots. It was very distracting.

Loved the new intro, it reminded me the good old days of sci-fi shows like Stargate SG-1. And I don´t think the music is that bad, it´s very moody and electronic but it fits the show. 

Not happy with Raven being cut from the Bellamy and co. rescue group. I know the show wants to keep it realistic and probably also want to build on the daughter-like relationship Abby has with her, but she was fun snarky character last season and I prefer her as that. I don´t care about her angsty rehabilition or worse, trying to accept the fact she is now "a cripple".

The show is clearly having to deal with a lots of budget and plotting compromises, but I applaud them for the twist with the blood cleaners because I really didn´t expect that. I believe the writers have a clear plan for the season two and I think when all these different plots starts to come together it will be really interesting and not as predictable as we are used for the rest of CW production.

Of course, nothing above is true for the continuing adventures of the last black man on space. It´s bad when I felt both revealed that stupid hidden child plot was just an ilusion and embarrased how contrived this push to keep him alive is.

Well, Victoria's Secret has been out of business for nearly 100 years, so it's probably hard to get good bras.  But yeah, her boobs were huge.

Thank you to everyone who mentioned this. I found myself getting extremely uncomfortable time after time by her amazing breasts, not that her breasts are bad (dear lord, they are not bad, they are naughty. So very, very naughty), no I kept getting squicked out because she is only supposed to be 17, those major breasts are minors!!!

Edit, I know Im late to the party, thank goodness for netflix!

Edited by diebartdie
  • Love 1

So, basically, the only way to get Finn to treat Raven like someone he's actually grown to know, like, and respect all of their lives is when Clarke's far, far away. I've been wanting some good Finn/Raven scenes where he acts like he gives a damn since she first landed on Earth, and now Finn's split up to find Clarke again.

Clarke's right, and I'm finding myself more annoyed at Jasper and company. Clarke's annoying, irritating, and acting like an ass, but the others seem either brainwashed, or they never cared about their friends. Just accepting that they're dead and moving on just like that is ridiculous and it doesn't make me like Jasper anymore than I did. Why do they not even have some suspicions on where they are? And why does Jasper think that they're not prisoners when they're not allowed to leave or ask questions or anything? I liked Jasper a bit in season 1, but he is irritating the hell out of me in these two episodes. Oh, and he has a love interest so...yay? Seriously, though. They've only been at Mount Weather for three days. Jasper was apparently drinking the Kool Aid by the end of Day 1, right? 

Murphy's redemption is not really something I'm interested in. The problem for me is, unlike Bellamy's redemption, they're kind of forcing this redemption in my face a little bit. Murphy irritates me, much like Jasper, so maybe my bias toward him clouds my judgment here. I'm not interested in Finn, Bellamy, and Murphy all going on an adventure together. I get that characters need to be split up right now for story purposes, but it's making it hard to enjoy so far.

Hey, they didn't forget about Wells, after all. I always found it annoying that they killed him so quickly and then had nobody really acknowledge him after episode 4, besides to tell Jaha about his son's death. Like...technically, Wells died about a month ago, show time, if not a little less. It's not like he's been gone for a year. Much like how I was annoyed with Clarke moving on so quickly after she thought her mother died. 

As much as I like Octavia being more badass, I'm still annoyed that she seems to care more about Lincoln than her own brother. I get that she was basically a prisoner in her own room for 16 years and that this is the first time she's had contact with people other than her brother, but I'm not thrilled with the romance angle. I'm not surprised, but I'm also not thrilled. 

I feel like I have a lot of thoughts and issues, but also feel weird because I'm years behind people at this point. So I know my questions have either been answered or frustratingly ignored. 

It's also hard when the only characters I really like are Raven and Bellamy. Everyone else annoys me to various degrees, although I guess I don't outright hate anyone yet.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Hey, they didn't forget about Wells, after all. I always found it annoying that they killed him so quickly and then had nobody really acknowledge him after episode 4, besides to tell Jaha about his son's death. Like...technically, Wells died about a month ago, show time, if not a little less. It's not like he's been gone for a year. Much like how I was annoyed with Clarke moving on so quickly after she thought her mother died. 

Mourning period on that show is fickle and random and depends solely on the writers' forcing the issue one way or the other. I'm not going to give anything away but... You'll see.