Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: Jill's Wedding

The big day is finally here. Jill & Derick are getting married! With hundreds of volunteers to help with everything from decorating to finishing the cake, they're aiming for this super-sized wedding to go off without a hitch.

A two hour special for this? TLC must be super desperate for show ideas. 

They are probably going to rehash everything that was in last weeks episode (with the replay of the meeting in Nepal, the greeting Derickdillard at the airport, the proposal...) as if we haven't seen it shown in every god damn show since it happened. 

• Love 5

Okay, this calls for a drinking game for sure.  

Words:  (please add your own)

Challenge

sweet

precious

Derrickdillard

Saved our first kiss

As the poster mentioned last week, this is a two hour episode.  Please drink responsibly.  

Is everyone ready? I've finished with my jurisdictions & have my lemonade in a Styrofoam cup ready to go.

I've got my TTC ready to come out of the oven.

• Love 4

Is it just me or am I detecting a significant difference between daughters and sons when they get married? Seems to be there is much more of an impact on the family when a daughter marries.

• Love 1

I'm confused. Why are Jim and Michelle sitting on the stage and not in some damn chairs like the rest of the guests? Shouldn't the couple be center stage?

Because there is nothing about the kids... the kids are just an extension of Jim and Michelle so anything that is supposed to be about them is really about Jim and Michelle. 

• Love 5

Wow, doing something nontraditional. I'm actually really into the idea that Jill decided to see Derick throughout the day! And was that a tattoo on a groomsman?

Edited by MLE
  • Love 5

Geez, did Josh sound a bit peeved that his wedding was not as big deal as Jill's? 'Pushed out of the nest, hope you can fly'

I can't believe Boob made Jill and Derickdillard have a chaperone on the day of their wedding and they were just going to make a phone call to Derick's ailing Mother.

• Love 11

I can't believe MEchelle wore her usual outfit to the rehearsal. She looked much nicer at the nail party.

Did I just hear Boob ask them about a chaperone when they were going to do their Devotions & call Cathy AT THE CHURCH? Unbelievable!!!

Still can't believe they allowed themselves to see each other before the ceremony. The one custom I would have thought they would have stuck to, they didn't. I think Josh & Anna also saw each other before the ceremony. Remember Erin Bates & Chad made a big thing of not seeing each other? To each his own I guess.

• Love 2

Joined at the mouth?! I'm glad Jill told him to stop lol

YES. I loved that she put her hand up and said "pops" in a "geez" tone. I like that they also spent the day together and that Jill was so confidently saying "we're going to see how Mom is doing"

Man, I wish they hadn't gotten pregnant so quickly :(

LMAO at "Derick came back to the bridal suite and I shaved him".

Edited by jb0495
  • Love 5

Jill is not having it with harping on the first kiss/sexual aspect of her relationship and I love it. We're not going to hear any "it's like Leggos!" from her, which I am so glad to not need to live through again.

• Love 2

I didn't plan to start snarking so soon, but why is Jillymuffin wearing Mama's turquoise shirt?

Seriously, is MEchelle wearing that orange shirt and denim skirt to the rehearsal???

I think they were trying to do the "teal and peach with grey accents" for Jill's wedding colors, but the closest they could get was turquoise & orange. That's why Derick is wearing orange in the THs.

• Love 2

Why aren't they using ice cream scoopers?

I think that's why Michelle's dress is so ill fitting. It might have been on the clearance rack but it looks at least two sizes too small. I guess she was determined to save a few bucks and didn't care if it was busting at the seams.

• Love 1

Derek's jacket doesn't fit him properly.

and why are they using their filthy bare hands to scoop the ice cream?

I saw the same thing.  Touching it to get it off the scooper with bare hands.  Gross. And did anyone notice that they put about 3 times as much ice cream in the second bunch as the first that supposedly melted?  I'll bet that was all for the show and never really happened.  

• Love 3

I'm enjoying this more than i thought I would. Theyvactually avoided repeat content, not as predicted.

I am seeing genuine feeling between the couple and Jill seems genuinely concerned about Cathy.

BTW, count me among those who didn't disapprove of going ahead with the wedding despite Cathy's hospitalization. I don't think it's disrespectful, and really when would they reschedule without risking another health crisis? I went to another wedding recently where groom's mother couldn't attend at last minute and was in the hospital. There was no question of going ahead, as it was long planned. Mom, age 92, attended by Skype.

• Love 4