Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

I mean the ways she says it it's like they are subhuman and the most vile creatures. 

Not many are in that life because of malice but desperation and survival. Many there from coercion and/or are survivors of abuse and sexual assault. She's in her forties pissing and moaning about being raised by wolves and mean people. Your dad and mom were neglectful Beth? Try going through that but also being raped or molested or put into human trafficking. 

I am so beyond sick of her playing the victim. 99% of the people I know have endured way more adversity than she has and it hasn't turned them into assholes. 

This why bad things happen to her and will continue to. She doesn't evolve or learn. They don't become growing experiences, but excuses for her entitlement. 

• Love 18
20 hours ago, shoegal said:

I believe that is a Medical Power of Attorney.  A Living Will would be Bethenny making the decisions about whether she would like to have lifesaving measures, whether she would want to be on life support, when to turn off life support, etc.  I'm curious as to how many people under the age of 50, who have never had a medical emergency or surgery, actually have a Living Will. 

My husband and I are under 50 and we have a living will. We did have it because we have assets and kids. When the lawyer made it one of the things that had to be specified was who would make medical decisions for us in case we couldn't do it for ourselves. One of our beneficiaries, who are only our children, could not be the one designated to do this. It had to be someone else who had nothing to gain from our deaths. I don't know if it's a state thing or if it's the same everywhere. 

I don't particularly like Bethenny, I don't particularly not like her. I think she's overly dramatic has been using this emergency for attention, otherwise she would have taken the time off, or went to all these events without telling every single person something was seriously wrong and she was bleeding all over the place.

But I can't beat up on her for being upset and crying when she's told she should have a living will because she's having surgery. I sort of feel like that is one time when she's actually having a genuine emotional response to something. She loves her daughter. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rainny said:

But I can't beat up on her for being upset and crying when she's told she should have a living will because she's having surgery. I sort of feel like that is one time when she's actually having a genuine emotional response to something. She loves her daughter. 

My only problem with the crying scene and asking 1 of her assistants to find out if she has a "living will" is

Spoiler

that she didn't have surgery until May 20th, almost a month ago and after filming was already done. Which means that Bethenny knew in advance that she would be having the surgery and that they were going to film her reaction to something she would have already been prepared for. So, was she trying to up the sympathy/support factor for the show, did she forget that she was going to have surgery or was she playing it up for the camera?

Something is off with her "story", not that I don't think she didn't have fibroids or had to have them removed/surgery, but something stinks with the timeline here.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

My only problem with the crying scene and asking 1 of her assistants to find out if she has a "living will" is

Hide contents

that she didn't have surgery until May 20th, almost a month ago and after filming was already done. Which means that Bethenny knew in advance that she would be having the surgery and that they were going to film her reaction to something she would have already been prepared for. So, was she trying to up the sympathy/support factor for the show, did she forget that she was going to have surgery or was she playing it up for the camera?

Something is off with her "story", not that I don't think she didn't have fibroids or had to have them removed/surgery, but something stinks with the timeline here.

Ugh, see, I don't pay that much attention to them off the show and all their twitter and Facebook and instagram postings and timelines and dates. I don't click on that many links to articles on this board either. On the show they make it seem as if it all happened in a matter of days. It's all too confusing. 

So, if what you say is true, this crying and carrying on is a re-creation, or an act for the cameras? All this after she tells me every week in the beginning of each episode that if I can't handle the truth I can't handle her. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rainny said:

Ugh, see, I don't pay that much attention to them off the show and all their twitter and Facebook and instagram postings and timelines and dates. I don't click on that many links to articles on this board either. On the show they make it seem as if it all happened in a matter of days. It's all too confusing. 

So, if what you say is true, this crying and carrying on is a re-creation, or an act for the cameras? All this after she tells me every week in the beginning of each episode that if I can't handle the truth I can't handle her. 

It is confusing! Bethenny was on WWHL Wednesday after the Luann special and said that she had her surgery May 20th and she said in a post she made, someone posted the link a few pages back, that she had to get her strength back up before they would do the surgery. Which means they had to have filmed the crying in the car in May, which was after they were done filming for the season and after she had months to prepare. I think Bethenny can cry on command, after all, she was an actress before her Reality TV days ever began. LOL

• Love 5

Does anyone else follow Beth on snapchat? She updates SO much, she's right up there with DJ Khaled in update frequency. I can't keep up with her, honestly. Quite a few snaps of her and Carol running around. 

• Love 1

Bethenny has had surgery before (breasts, nose, probably other stuff), and has given birth to a child.  I suspect this isn't the first time the living will question has been asked of her, so I'm thinking she's being dramatic for the show.

• Love 15

According to Beth, this is why she delayed treatment: 

http://www.etonline.com/news/191621_bethenny_frankel_tears_over_recent_health_scare_i_really_tried_to_hold_it_all_together/

Really?  This just doesn't sound like an intelligent or smart adult. 

She was 'told' she would need to write a living will?  By who?  Yeah, it's a good idea but that's an individual preference, not a requirement.  Another example of 'The Exaggerator'.  Yet, she goes on a trip to Colorado because you didn't want to disappoint your daughter but ends up in the hospital.  Great going Beth.  Nice way to scare your child and leave her with some babysitter you found. 

Yeah, you're real 'smart'.  Geez.

• Love 5

Damn I try to give Bethenny the benefit of the doubt but she fails me. I am pretty certain a six year old would have postponed a trip to Aspen instead of her mother trying to find a babysitter when she had to go the hospital.

• Love 3
On June 24, 2016 at 1:33 PM, WireWrap said:

It sounds like Bethenny and her BF are looking for an apartment to live in together!

I've read her boyfriend is/was married to a close high school friend of Beth's.....was she on Beth's wedding special?  I know she had a high school friend on the show.

8 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I've read her boyfriend is/was married to a close high school friend of Beth's.....was she on Beth's wedding special?  I know she had a high school friend on the show.

I don't know if he/his wife, Jill, were at Bethenny's wedding but I wouldn't be surprised if they were there. That said, I think the friend you are thinking of was a different friend and was maid of honor for Bethenny.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

According to Beth, this is why she delayed treatment: 

http://www.etonline.com/news/191621_bethenny_frankel_tears_over_recent_health_scare_i_really_tried_to_hold_it_all_together/

Really?  This just doesn't sound like an intelligent or smart adult. 

She was 'told' she would need to write a living will?  By who?  Yeah, it's a good idea but that's an individual preference, not a requirement.  Another example of 'The Exaggerator'.  Yet, she goes on a trip to Colorado because you didn't want to disappoint your daughter but ends up in the hospital.  Great going Beth.  Nice way to scare your child and leave her with some babysitter you found. 

Yeah, you're real 'smart'.  Geez.

Oh for fuck's sake. I have tried, really tried to be empathetic with B over her fibroids, but she lost me after reading that article. I was her age when I too had heavy bleeding, diagnosed with fibroids, and opted to have a myomectomy........and then had to have another a year later because the damn things grew back. 

I agree with everyone who has previously written in this forum that each person's experience is different and we shouldn't judge based on what we experienced in a similar situation, BUT...

This is not newsworthy, it's not a big deal (unless you make it one), it is routinely and relatively easily treated even with possible reoccurrence, and then you get on with your life. Jeebus, I have never seen such drama and angst over fibroids and a living will. She spent more time and effort fluttering about telling everyone about her massive, greater than any human's before uterine bleeding and avoiding making a decision then if she would have just had the damn myomectomy when it was first recommended. Trying to blame her indecision and fear on being a mother, bitch please. 

B, know how you can have more of that lacking precious time with your daughter? Get the hell off TV, lose the reality show, and live your damn privileged and financially secure life. This whole spectacle has brightly spotlighted what your sole motivation in life is: more TV time, more PR, more attention. 

• Love 15
(edited)
On 6/25/2016 at 0:10 PM, Petunia13 said:

I mean the ways she says it it's like they are subhuman and the most vile creatures. 

Not many are in that life because of malice but desperation and survival. Many there from coercion and/or are survivors of abuse and sexual assault. She's in her forties pissing and moaning about being raised by wolves and mean people. Your dad and mom were neglectful Beth? Try going through that but also being raped or molested or put into human trafficking. 

I am so beyond sick of her playing the victim. 99% of the people I know have endured way more adversity than she has and it hasn't turned them into assholes. 

This why bad things happen to her and will continue to. She doesn't evolve or learn. They don't become growing experiences, but excuses for her entitlement. 

I love your post.  I'm sick to death of the tee-heeing, BFD!-ing about the deeply cruel and sexist language Bethenny used to demean LuAnn, like it's just par for the course and Bethenny's gotten the same treatment.  That's just a lie.  She was enraged and somewhere between screaming and shrieking, with her neck tendons strained, during that conversation in the Berkshires.  Bethenny has never been treated like that since returning, and I don't think Jill or Kelly were anywhere near as abusive as Bethenny has been.

The monetary success has coarsened her character.  She doesn't like LuAnn.  Not a big deal!  But trying to destroy her while being definitionally hypocritical in having a sexual and romantic relationship with a married man - which folks call 'cheating' and 'affair' - is so unfair.   She's a goalpost mover, a liar, and too used to getting her ass kissed besides the literal smooches of Ramona.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 15
(edited)
On 6/24/2016 at 1:12 PM, RHJunkie said:

http://perezhilton.com/2016-06-23-sunny-hostin-bethenny-frankel-the-view-fight

Bethenny owns being a bitch but that's not exactly and admirable quality worthy of applause. Bethenny has zero etiquette and doesn't know boundaries unless it's the ones that she has created and holds everyone else accountable to. Please purchase a muzzle and get off your soap box.

Being a bitch and being a bully - particularly to an 8 year old child - are two different things.  There's no excuse or justification for either but the latter is particularly horrendous.  Tack on being egocentric given that while two kids were involved, she held her own child's needs above the other's makes her even worse....  Nap vs. play. Neither is life threatening and she coulda let it go.

One more reason not to like Bethenny.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 9
27 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Being a bitch and being a bully - particularly to an 8 year old child - are two different things.  There's no excuse or justification for either but the latter is particularly horrendous.  Also tacking on the fact that while two kids were involved, she held her own child's needs above the other's.  Nap vs. play. Neither is life threatening and she coulda let it go.

One more reason not to like Bethenny.

Bethenny's really fucked up.  Come on, everyone.  Not a parent alive is unaware of the fact that in such a case, you find and then talk to the adult.  It's hella irrational to expect a kid in single-digit ages to even comprehend of that kind of thing when they are in a play-appropriate area - and I have daily confabs with my dog to try to get him to STFU while my kid naps.  Bethenny is a fucked-up fucking bully.  How telling that Jason was apologetic after Bethenny Bethenny-d all over the place.  Mortifying. 

• Love 12

The skinny girl may be in menopause a few years early and experiencing flooding periods.  She sure doesn't look a day under 55 .   Being underweight can bring menopause on earlier than normal, and it surely makes her look at least a decade older.  

The idea of her brittle ass hauling Lu Anne out by her neck is laughable.   She's like a yapping little chihuahua.   Lu could knock a bitch out if she were so inclined.   It's fun to watch her wind Bitchanny and watch her spin.  

• Love 11
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I love your post.  I'm sick to death of the tee-heeing, BFD!-ing about the deeply cruel and sexist language Bethenny used to demean LuAnn, like it's just par for the course and Bethenny's gotten the same treatment.  That's just a lie.  She was enraged and somewhere between screaming and shrieking, with her neck tendons strained, during that conversation in the Berkshires.  Bethenny has never been treated like that since returning, and I don't think Jill or Kelly were anywhere near as abusive as Bethenny has been.

The monetary success has coarsened her character.  She doesn't like LuAnn.  Not a big deal!  But trying to destroy her while being definitionally hypocritical in having a sexual and romantic relationship with a married man - which folks call 'cheating' and 'affair' - is so unfair.   She's a goalpost mover, a liar, and too used to getting her ass kissed besides the literal smooches of Ramona.

Well at one point during the argument in the Berkshires, Bethenny did ask if she was crazy and should be locked up.  I thought she was every bit as manic as Kelly.  This is a woman who won't shut her yap about a brand that is essentially marketed to females and her behavior could certainly be considered self-injurious.  I am thinking her brand did not have a big rush of sales after her verbal assault on Luann.  Skinnygirl claims drinkers should act like a lady.  There was zero ladylike about Bethenny.

Spoiler

This week there is yet another terrible exchange between Jules and Bethenny seems a little miffed about Jules one up her fibroids with a hematoma.  Once again there is Bethenny going on and on about vaginas.  At one point Jules tries to talk to her, and sputter a bit and Bethenny, fully realizing that Jules is struggling keeps taunting her with "you need a verb".  I am sorry but be it a speech impairment, stuttering or difficulty expressing oneself, you do not draw more attention to the person's shortcomings.  If that wasn't enough she and Carole decide to take up with Jules weight again.  Apparently Jules is disordered somehow for the way she constructs her pizza toppings.   

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7
(edited)

And she's worried about Sonja damaging her brand?

Puhleaze.

She pretends that Sonja shouldn't do the vacay becuase of her drinking yet we see Ramona break the stem off a wine glass when she's loaded and I thought B was there.

Most people in business make it a point to not give zero-fucks. 

And I don't think her "zero fucks" is as original as she does. 

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Puhleaze.

She pretends that Sonja shouldn't do the vacay becuase of her drinking yet we see Ramona break the stem off a wine glass when she's loaded and I thought B was there.

I think it is preposterous for Bethenny to big banging the drum of big liquor and claim they only want responsible drinkers.  They say it because they have to.  It is not as if the makes of Skinnygirl care if I buy 10 cases of the crap.  She makes it sound as if they are conducting liver scans with each purchase.

I think I am tired of Bethenny and her T-Shirt philosophy. 

• Love 9

That fact the Bethenny doesn't realize or acknowledge how potentially injurious to her brand her behavior on this show is, speaks volumes to the actual savvy of this self-described branding expert. 

She may have been raised by wolves, but those wolves had vast, deep, and influential connections which she latched onto and used to her advantage. She threw shit against the wall (Bethenny Bakes, anyone?) chasing trend after trend, over and over again, until something finally stuck. For the life of me I will never understand why Jim Beam gave her so much money. Her product attempts after that deal have been unoriginal, sorry copy cats of already successful products. 

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Puhleaze.

No Bethenny was not there, it was Sonja, Ramona and Luann. It was episode when Ramona invited herself to John/Dorinda's Dry cleaning party and tried to get some dirt on Luann from that drunk idiot Luann hooked up with. AND Ramona was the one that made Page 6 for her awful actions that night, not Sonja or Luann. LOL

As for Bethenny not giving "zero F.'s", I call BS on that claim because she does an awful lot of whining/complaining/belly aching about all of it. LOL

• Love 5

Bethenny has said repeatedly that she is not worried about Tipsy Girl damaging her brand.  She knows it's all a scam and the guy who is really in charge is a crook.  She simply doesn't want to be used by him to promote his bar on air.  That's why she isn't filming much with Sonja, because that's all Sonja wants to talk about.  It's not happening.

As far as health scares and facing surgery, everyone is different, people may have had the same thing, but the circumstances are different for each individual, as we've seen by many comments in this thread.  The cameras happened to be there and caught her at a very vulnerable moment and she freaked out a little.  Normal.  Except for the cameras of course, and they were there because they had been filming the Home store thing with Dorinda and Bethenny.  She's already said she's embarrassed that was caught on tape.  She shouldn't be.

As far as her making excuses for her behavior?  I really haven't seen much of that, none on the show so far, and only a bit in print.  Our behavior IS influenced by stuff that happens to us in real life, especially health scares.  Frankly, in the middle of that kind of crisis, a non filming regular person would simply easily avoid problematic coworkers or stresses as much as possible.  

I can't get into arguing about her level of "scared" being justified.  I mean really?  We are all just human, and I've seen every single level of emotion, good and bad, in 16 years of doing cancer support.  As I'm typing this I'm PM'ing with a woman whose husband has suddenly become a completely different person, angry with her about everything, a total personality change, she wondered if his meds are causing it.  I know the meds, and no, it's not that.  It's facing possible death, or in his case, avoiding facing it, since his prognosis isn't a bad one.  He's scared, and he's lashing out, and they both need help with that.  Others have become extremely loving to their families.  None of these people are better or worse because of their reactions. 

Yes, Bethenny's trigger was the Living Will, and it scared her.  It scared me in my life too, and I was completely unemotional and approaching my situation "like Patton" according to one doctor.  Just the facts, OK yes to that, no to this, what about that, etc.  Not a tear.  UNTIL some intern handed me that Living Will.  I went into the bathroom and broke.  It was temporary, but yeah, that's what got to me.  I completely related to that in the limo with Bethenny. 

It's always the little stuff that gets to you when you are dealing with the big stuff in life...

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Yes, Bethenny's trigger was the Living Will, and it scared her.  It scared me in my life too, and I was completely unemotional and approaching my situation "like Patton" according to one doctor.  Just the facts, OK yes to that, no to this, what about that, etc.  Not a tear.  UNTIL some intern handed me that Living Will.  I went into the bathroom and broke.  It was temporary, but yeah, that's what got to me.  I completely related to that in the limo with Bethenny. 

It's always the little stuff that gets to you when you are dealing with the big stuff in life...

I could agree with you on that except that there is good reason to think that scene was filmed as an add on after filming was already finished. Her surgery didn't happen until May 20th according to Bethenny and I believe they wrapped up filming near the end of Feb. or early - mid March at the latest. So, that begs the question of when that limo scene was filmed and whether it was real or staged. I guess/hope we will find out as the season progresses.  

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't think the limo scene was staged at all.  She was filming with Dorinda at that house goods place, went to the doctor, got the news, and apparently he also decided to spring the living will on her right then (not very smart or sensitive really, you just told a woman "no more kids, surgery, you've lost a full pint of blood) and she and Dorinda were going over what the doctor told her because, again, as is normal, she only heard part of it.  Her brain partially closed down at one point from the fright, and Dorinda was a perfect patient advocate for her right then, clarifying what the doctor said for her, being supportive, telling her it was time to rest and put other things on hold.  That doctor's appointment was already scheduled, but moved up a bit.  She'd probably gone to film that short segment with Dorinda either to keep her mind off things, or because her work ethic is a tad extreme.  ahem

Later, according to her blog, she started getting the "get a second opinion" advice, went a less invasive route for a while, that seemed to relieve symptoms, went on with her life a bit, the trip with her daughter, got a wake up call when it all suddenly became worse, had a scan in Aspen and learned that the situation had actual worsened, talked to another specialist, blah blah, they got her healthy enough for surgery and scheduled it in May.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I don't think the limo scene was staged at all.  She was filming with Dorinda at that house goods place, went to the doctor, got the news, and apparently he also decided to spring the living will on her right then (not very smart or sensitive really, you just told a woman "no more kids, surgery, you've lost a full pint of blood) and she and Dorinda were going over what the doctor told her because, again, as is normal, she only heard part of it.  Her brain partially closed down at one point from the fright, and Dorinda was a perfect patient advocate for her right then, clarifying what the doctor said for her, being supportive, telling her it was time to rest and put other things on hold.  That doctor's appointment was already scheduled, but moved up a bit.  She'd probably gone to film that short segment with Dorinda either to keep her mind off things, or because her work ethic is a tad extreme.  ahem

Later, according to her blog, she started getting the "get a second opinion" advice, went a less invasive route for a while, that seemed to relieve symptoms, went on with her life a bit, the trip with her daughter, got a wake up call when it all suddenly became worse, had a scan in Aspen and learned that the situation had actual worsened, talked to another specialist, blah blah, they got her healthy enough for surgery and scheduled it in May.

I am not sure she would have been asked for a LW at her initial Dr.'s appointment as she had not scheduled any procedure at that point, no decision had been made, none.

Spoiler

And there was the trip to Mexico that she went on without any of the HWs while they were in Miami filming Luann's engagement party, mid/late February

. Then came the Aspen trip with Bryn!

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, apparently he DID ask her about the Living Will, because that seemed to be the button that hit her in the cab.  If he hadn't, I think Dorinda would have said something.

Yeah, the Aspen was when the alternative treatment seemed to be working, less bleeding, etc.  I don't see why taking a vacation is such a big deal though?  If I had the money when they told me I needed to rest and de-stress, I would have gone to Mexico and lounged in the sand myself.

ETA

A vacation alone or with friends isn't stressful.  We all know that HW trips are almost always stressful, and that is work, cameras in your face, make up, lights camera action, button pushing.  Most wives don't really come home from these RH trips and say, "wow, that was so relaxing!"  Ha.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Well, apparently he DID ask her about the Living Will, because that seemed to be the button that hit her in the cab.  If he hadn't, I think Dorinda would have said something.

Yeah, the Aspen was when the alternative treatment seemed to be working, less bleeding, etc.  I don't see why taking a vacation is such a big deal though?  If I had the money when they told me I needed to rest and de-stress, I would have gone to Mexico and lounged in the sand myself.

ETA

A vacation alone or with friends isn't stressful.  We all know that HW trips are almost always stressful, and that is work, cameras in your face, make up, lights camera action, button pushing.  Most wives don't really come home from these RH trips and say, "wow, that was so relaxing!"  Ha.

Then bow out of the show. If she is that sick, that weak and under that much stress, stop all filming. It is that simple. Bethenny doesn't need the money she gets from Bravo and if it is that stressful on top of her being sick, then for the love of all she holds holy, quit the damn show. LOL  Oh, and stop being so damn nasty to all of your co-workers, all it does is show her your colors and they aren't pretty by any stretch of the imagination. She is really making Jill look like some sweet, kindhearted, nonjudgmental lady in comparison. YIKES!!

As for the LW/limo scene, we really didn't see/hear Dorinda so we don't know what was said and no blogs have been posted so far on Bravo's home page.

• Love 7

I'm sure if the doctor said "bed rest" she would do that, but if not?  Wasn't the Mexico solo vacation in Feb?  Maybe she did bow out for a while.  It's weird to have them filming in winter...did they do that before? 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I love your post.  I'm sick to death of the tee-heeing, BFD!-ing about the deeply cruel and sexist language Bethenny used to demean LuAnn, like it's just par for the course and Bethenny's gotten the same treatment.  That's just a lie.  She was enraged and somewhere between screaming and shrieking, with her neck tendons strained, during that conversation in the Berkshires.  Bethenny has never been treated like that since returning, and I don't think Jill or Kelly were anywhere near as abusive as Bethenny has been

I'm a Bethenny fan and find her usually very funny, but agree that her words against Luann were sexist and offensive. It's easily the most I've ever disliked her. I was disappointed in her completely. Luckily, LuAnn is made of steel and made her look dumb in return. 

• Love 8

Beffy NEEDS to have drama in her life, otherwise she is a boring woman with nothing to say - unless of, course - she has some mind blowing, death defying, Life-it's-so-unfair complaint going on. She writes her own rules and would probably still be crying if someone called her a slut, whore or fuck doll (I can only imagine Satan Andy getting a hysterical text about it about 2 a.m.?) 

Growing up, if there was someone who exaggerated/lied/fabricated a story, the neighborhood kids would dismiss that person by saying, "Sure, (beffeny), Sure".  It was a more genteel way of telling someone to STFU, you are lying.

-------

I shared an office with a dear friend of mine and she gave me a wonderful vantage point from which to look at life.

She said, "Look at a conversation /problem from all sides. Try to put yourself in the OTHER person's and a bystander's shoes, then deal with it".

I applaud lulu for keeping her cool and frustrating the shit out of beth. But, when she stopped to take breath, I would have got into her face and cooly asked her to repeat what she said and knocked her the fuck out, if she did.

The ONLY reason she gets away with her bullshit is that she is circulating with an upper strata of people - people that don't run around yelling "PENIS, VAGINA, WHORE, SLUT, etc. She got a chance to elevate her 'game' to another level, yet she stays below ground. 

She reminds me of a Bizarro Jed Clampett.

She make a zillion dollars, can afford to live 'nicely', yet still can't make the leap into just being a regular person - she'll always be the angry, nasty loudmouth who just can't figure out why people don't see things thru her eyes?

• Love 8
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 2:12 PM, RHJunkie said:

http://perezhilton.com/2016-06-23-sunny-hostin-bethenny-frankel-the-view-fight

Bethenny owns being a bitch but that's not exactly and admirable quality worthy of applause. Bethenny has zero etiquette and doesn't know boundaries unless it's the ones that she has created and holds everyone else accountable to. Please purchase a muzzle and get off your soap box.

I had to chuckle at the news that Jason went over to apologize?

Imagine being married to someone and having to have 101 apologies on hand, for just the right moment? Jason probably walked two steps behind her putting out the fires she started every time they went out.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

That fact the Bethenny doesn't realize or acknowledge how potentially injurious to her brand her behavior on this show is, speaks volumes to the actual savvy of this self-described branding expert. 

She may have been raised by wolves, but those wolves had vast, deep, and influential connections which she latched onto and used to her advantage. She threw shit against the wall (Bethenny Bakes, anyone?) chasing trend after trend, over and over again, until something finally stuck. For the life of me I will never understand why Jim Beam gave her so much money. Her product attempts after that deal have been unoriginal, sorry copy cats of already successful products. 

I had to laugh at the flashback of Meth trying to shill her wares at a supermarket - no one showed up - but when she was giving free samples and people lined up, she was over the moon.

Attention: people will line up for ANYTHING that is free. I Fucking Hate Free, especially when it's at a store and people leave their cups/napkins all over the store, once they are done with whatever it is that they stuffed into their gullets.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Showthyme said:

Various websites are reporting that Jason Hoppy moved out of the apartment. 

Yes, he did and Bethenny said she has spoken to/with her mother! Hell has Frozen OVER! LOL

(edited)

Bethenny may be growing up a little. She is emotionally immature.

As a party of one on this subject, I think that Jason treated Bethenny like she was less than because she did not have the same relationship/upbringing with her parents as he did with his. Glad to see that he moved out of the apartment. I cannot imagine living through a divorce that last longer than the marriage.

Edited by Showthyme
  • Love 5

What was kind of sad about Bethenny comments about her feelings regarding the vacating of the family home, and all her bad memories, is she didn't stop and consider that her daughter has spent almost her entire life in that home.  Her memories are probably quite pleasant of being around her father and his family.  Mommy has lots of houses and I get Bethenny doesn't get attached to things, but I don't think she took time to consider her daughter's feelings. 

I honestly don't think it was a place Jason could afford and so he should move out and hopefully find a place and begin to create new memories.  Nor do I think Bethenny should have maintained the home strictly for continuity in Bryn's life but I found her comments somewhat self-centered.

I also thoughtit odd after reconnecting with her mom she wanted Bernadette and her ex-husband to meet with Bryn.  I am hoping not at the same time.  Obviously, Bethenny fails to remember or disregards the fact the asshole her mother was married to told Bethenny on national TV her mother never wanted her.  If I were Jason I would be concerned about  having my daughter around a wife beater, former drug addict, loan shark deadbeat.  There is no blood relationship and Bethenny had not had contact with him for over twenty years.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

What was kind of sad about Bethenny comments about her feelings regarding the vacating of the family home, and all her bad memories, is she didn't stop and consider that her daughter has spent almost her entire life in that home.  Her memories are probably quite pleasant of being around her father and his family.  Mommy has lots of houses and I get Bethenny doesn't get attached to things, but I don't think she took time to consider her daughter's feelings. 

I honestly don't think it was a place Jason could afford and so he should move out and hopefully find a place and begin to create new memories.  Nor do I think Bethenny should have maintained the home strictly for continuity in Bryn's life but I found her comments somewhat self-centered.

I also thoughtit odd after reconnecting with her mom she wanted Bernadette and her ex-husband to meet with Bryn.  I am hoping not at the same time.  Obviously, Bethenny fails to remember or disregards the fact the asshole her mother was married to told Bethenny on national TV her mother never wanted her.  If I were Jason I would be concerned about  having my daughter around a wife beater, former drug addict, loan shark deadbeat.  There is no blood relationship and Bethenny had not had contact with him for over twenty years.

According to the article/blog in RT, she said she called her former step-father and asked him to meet with them at the same time she/they meet with her mother. My question is, was that meet up last season with her SF nothing more than a sympathy ploy? Didn't she say she was going to introduce him to Bryn back then? So what happened? Why didn't the introductions happen? Or is this another ploy at softening her image? 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

According to the article/blog in RT, she said she called her former step-father and asked him to meet with them at the same time she/they meet with her mother. My question is, was that meet up last season with her SF nothing more than a sympathy ploy? Didn't she say she was going to introduce him to Bryn back then? So what happened? Why didn't the introductions happen? Or is this another ploy at softening her image? 

It does not sound as if she wants to go forward with a relationship, more towards her earlier goal of not having her mother die without Bryn meeting her.  I can't imagine what kind of conversation these fools would have and it sounds a little like a recipe for disaster. I am kind of tired of Bethenny oversharing when it comes time for a storyline or a new book, or a couple of weeks before the Reunion films so she can have an update on her life.  I can't help but believe that Luann, Dorinda and Sonja, who all have relationships with their families aren't a tad uncomfortable with Ramona and Bethenny blasting their parents and more so Bethenny their exes.

• Love 2

I guess I was wrong assuming Bethanny's parents were no longer alive. I have skipped a few seasons but recently comments were made about Bethanny not having parents/family during her health problem. Strange. I took that the wrong way.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I guess I was wrong assuming Bethanny's parents were no longer alive. I have skipped a few seasons but recently comments were made about Bethanny not having parents/family during her health problem. Strange. I took that the wrong way.

Since her first season when both of her parents were alive she would say she had no family because she didn't have a relationship with them.

• Love 3

I really want to say that Bethenny, even more mendaciously than Vicki Gunvalson, described herself as an "orphan" at some point during her trajectory on the show. I've watched since season 3 and I, too, was under the impression that Bernadette was no longer alive.

Did she ever allege physical abuse by her mother?

19 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

I really want to say that Bethenny, even more mendaciously than Vicki Gunvalson, described herself as an "orphan" at some point during her trajectory on the show. I've watched since season 3 and I, too, was under the impression that Bernadette was no longer alive.

Did she ever allege physical abuse by her mother?

No. 

• Love 2

Two choices:  Beth felt the need to share that she contacted her mother because Bryn asked about it or it was because of her near death experience of having surgery for fibroids  and God forbid the Hoppys' got Bryn.  I have my doubts that Bryn never asked about her mother's mother until she was six and it happened to coincide with after Beth's surgery.   The other choice is that Beth realized that denying that she has a mother is ridiculous especially since Beth has written and spoken about her time after time and yet is shocked that her mother had the nerve to respond.

So now she's writing about divorce.  Too bad that Beth's priorities are so screwed up.  She doesn't need the money but she does need the fame.  And of course, the control of the narrative.  It's very sad that she's decided to write a book about getting 'f' ed over in divorce.  Why?  Her focus is more on her ex husband (well, not yet) rather than on her daughter's father.  Yeah, I'm sure Beth loves her daughter but....does she love her more than fame and control?  I'm not so sure.  It's very sad. 

• Love 10

I'm wondering if the timing of her contacting her mom also might have something to do with Bethenny's turn on "Before They Were Housewives".  There are many possible reasons for it.  I'm sure we'll never really know the real one(s).   

I do believe that she adores her daughter and I hope that her reason for doing it IS for her, and is not an attempt at garnering sympathy and building up her lagging fan-dom.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Umbelina said:

I doubt it.  Bryn can't be filmed.

They don't need to film Bryn to do a  "Before they were HWs special on Bethenny, it would be about her, B's, childhood thru the debut of MM's/NY HWs.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

So now she's writing about divorce.  Too bad that Beth's priorities are so screwed up.  She doesn't need the money but she does need the fame.  And of course, the control of the narrative.  It's very sad that she's decided to write a book about getting 'f' ed over in divorce.  Why?  Her focus is more on her ex husband (well, not yet) rather than on her daughter's father.  Yeah, I'm sure Beth loves her daughter but....does she love her more than fame and control?  I'm not so sure.  It's very sad. 

Yes to all of the above. I also suspect that as she feels that she gets no support from her actual family and is at odds with so many people she may need the approval and support of total strangers via book sales/signing parties and the inevitable talk show appearances. To validate herself she seems to need to stay in the public eye to fill the massive void in her actual life. A lot of busy keeps you from having to think too much about stuff you'd rather like to shove in the closet.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Beden said:

Yes to all of the above. I also suspect that as she feels that she gets no support from her actual family and is at odds with so many people she may need the approval and support of total strangers via book sales/signing parties and the inevitable talk show appearances. To validate herself she seems to need to stay in the public eye to fill the massive void in her actual life. A lot of busy keeps you from having to think too much about stuff you'd rather like to shove in the closet.

Good job, Bethy.

Now you're even pushing the strangers away!

• Love 4