Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Frankel first got the idea to do ReWives from her fiancé Paul Bernon, who suggested she do a rewatch podcast.

"I still have never listened to a podcast besides when I'm editing my own, so I didn't even know what rewatches were," Frankel tells PEOPLE. "And then he told me about all these different rewatches that breaking down shows, which to me doesn't sound that interesting. ... But he said, 'You're the Tom Brady of Housewives, so you should be breaking down the game.' "

Paul is as delusional as Bethenny is.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Paul is as delusional as Bethenny is.

Interesting that they are still only engaged. She finally divorced Jason Hoppy 100%, right? He even surrendered visitation with Bryn. I wonder why Paul won’t bite the bullet. I mean, I know why most sane individuals wouldn’t.

• Wink 2
  • Love 5

I’m guessing because they’d probably put the nail in the coffin of their relationship trying to hammer out a prenup. Especially because it feels like her wealth and earning potential is significantly less stable than his. 

Quick Goog tells us that Paul’s ex wife has already had another baby and married her fiancé. 

• Applause 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 11/7/2022 at 11:23 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

She finally divorced Jason Hoppy 100%, right? He even surrendered visitation with Bryn.

Oh how incredibly sad and actually criminal to deprive Bryn a relationship with her father. A child NEEDS both parents in their lives to have any semblance of real happiness and self worth. Unless one is actively and cruelly abusing them, there is no reason to cut them completely out of the childs life. The fighters for full custody just aren’t thinking of what is in the childs best interest, but are bent on revenge, total control, or financial reasons of not wanting to pay child support to the other parent. The financial reason is a big one used and is a really crappy and selfish reason to deny the child, the other parents presence in their life. All those reasons are cruel and crappy, actually. 

Bethany can afford the most expensive and shiniest of baubles to keep Bryn mesmerized and in her court for the time being, plus the high paid lawyers that Jason cant afford, to have an even playing field... but what is it doing to the spirit and heart of Bryn? 

I may have missed something because I do not keep on top of the Jason/Bethany divorce highlights, but I am sure Jason loves his daughter and would never attempt to harm her. Also Bryn misses out on Grandparents who love her unconditionally. How many people love another unconditionally? Bethany just erased 3 of those rare relationships right out of her daughters life, and she claims to love and care for her daughter. That is so far from love, it isn’t funny. It’s nothing but sheer selfishness on Bethanys part. 

Maybe I am completely wrong and Bryn needs real protection from all the Hoppy’s side of the family she is part of by blood. I doubt it though.

Grow the hell up you supposed adults who brought other precious people you claim to love into this world and deal with the fact that the children crave, and need both parents, whether there is a divorce or not. Prove your love by figuring out a way to co-parent without constant hostility.
It’s a sure way to fuck up your kids for life, if you don’t.

• Applause 11
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Oh how incredibly sad and actually criminal to deprive Bryn a relationship with her father. A child NEEDS both parents in their lives to have any semblance of real happiness and self worth. Unless one is actively and cruelly abusing them, there is no reason to cut them completely out of the childs life. The fighters for full custody just aren’t thinking of what is in the childs best interest, but are bent on revenge, total control, or financial reasons of not wanting to pay child support to the other parent. The financial reason is a big one used and is a really crappy and selfish reason to deny the child, the other parents presence in their life. All those reasons are cruel and crappy, actually. 

Bethany can afford the most expensive and shiniest of baubles to keep Bryn mesmerized and in her court for the time being, plus the high paid lawyers that Jason cant afford, to have an even playing field... but what is it doing to the spirit and heart of Bryn? 

I may have missed something because I do not keep on top of the Jason/Bethany divorce highlights, but I am sure Jason loves his daughter and would never attempt to harm her. Also Bryn misses out on Grandparents who love her unconditionally. How many people love another unconditionally? Bethany just erased 3 of those rare relationships right out of her daughters life, and she claims to love and care for her daughter. That is so far from love, it isn’t funny. It’s nothing but sheer selfishness on Bethanys part. 

Maybe I am completely wrong and Bryn needs real protection from all the Hoppy’s side of the family she is part of by blood. I doubt it though.

Grow the hell up you supposed adults who brought other precious people you claim to love into this world and deal with the fact that the children crave, and need both parents, whether there is a divorce or not. Prove your love by figuring out a way to co-parent without constant hostility.
It’s a sure way to fuck up your kids for life, if you don’t.

Fantastic post. I agree with everything.

Jason and his parents adore Bryn. Frankel’s hatred for them is more intense than her love for Bryn.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Fantastic post. I agree with everything.

Jason and his parents adore Bryn. Frankel’s hatred for them is more intense than her love for Bryn.

Honestly I’m shocked she hasn’t tried to get Bryn’s name changed.

• Sad 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh. You are so correct. They named her Bryn to honor the Hoppy son who died. Wow. 

I am shocked, too. 

I’m sure she has Casey (Bryn’s middle name) Frankel teed up. Actually what would surprise me even less is if Bryn suddenly decided to identify herself by a new name and they don’t even go through the legal proceedings, just to spite Jason and his family. Bethenny said she did that as a teenager with her stepfather’s name. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Love 3
On 11/10/2022 at 6:34 AM, RedDelicious said:

Honestly I’m shocked she hasn’t tried to get Bryn’s name changed.

...only because she's had Brynnygirl trademarked for years ; ) 

Edited by film noire
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 2
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
On 11/12/2022 at 10:27 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Interesting Pseudo Mark, I guess.

B41B320E-B362-4D07-BBE0-2E4EFE8E3FC8.thumb.png.e249f099ffec33defe464212c7caae0f.pngBA26D8CA-4D61-474D-8276-81320B5DF8AD.thumb.png.2b052cddf2e8a176316060f59018307f.png7EFBAD1F-B78F-48E4-AC90-9EF404BF7C7E.thumb.png.be2be1ff802c4fba7331bf6590d53e4b.png

Not yet because the father might have opposed it, but I don't doubt she will arrange for Brynn to sell all kinds of merchandise like Kim Kardashian is starting doing with North. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I listened to the first episode of re wives. It's about Scary Island.  Some boot licker superfan from the Handmaid's Tale kisses her ass while Bethenny talks about herself ad nauseum and runs down Kelly unopposed. Bethenny is gutless. She never ever mentions her father died a week before Scary Island or gets into the fact that Bethenny is chasing a ghost. No matter what she does B won't have class and work ethic and real thing her dad had. Fame won't replace his love and she is not even a slim comparison to him. More tantrums from Bethenny. Yawn.

Sound quality was terrible as well with low rent commercials.  Laughable. 

• Useful 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I listened to the first episode of re wives. It's about Scary Island.  Some boot licker superfan from the Handmaid's Tale kisses her ass while Bethenny talks about herself ad nauseum and runs down Kelly unopposed. Bethenny is gutless. She never ever mentions her father died a week before Scary Island or gets into the fact that Bethenny is chasing a ghost. No matter what she does B won't have class and work ethic and real thing her dad had. Fame won't replace his love and she is not even a slim comparison to him. More tantrums from Bethenny. Yawn.

How have you been?!?! We missed you very much.

You are a saint to listen to that for us. Like so many other ex- or current housewives, she just might benefit from years and years of (real, not fame wh- - -) therapy.

I love Elisabeth Moss’s acting, but as a person, she’s a bit off, to me, with the Scientology, engagement to Fred Armisen three months after meeting him,  and the Frankel-love. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 6

I was cleaning my kitchen so getting thru that podcast, the ads, and her pontificating made the scrubbing seem fun! This podcast is not going to go well for B. It'll B on clearance soon like everything she touches. 

She describes singlehandedly keeping Alex McCord and Sonja from being fired because she told them to force some respective conversations. B is a kingmaker LOL

I am incredibly surprised and very humbled you noticed I've been MIA! Aw... just busy times here. Missed ya'll!!!

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I was cleaning my kitchen so getting thru that podcast, the ads, and her pontificating made the scrubbing seem fun! This podcast is not going to go well for B. It'll B on clearance soon like everything she touches. 

She describes singlehandedly keeping Alex McCord and Sonja from being fired because she told them to force some respective conversations. B is a kingmaker LOL

I am incredibly surprised and very humbled you noticed I've been MIA! Aw... just busy times here. Missed ya'll!!!

Why hasn’t anyone built a shrine in her honor yet?

Are you kidding? I just rewatched “Midnight Run,” so I always remember you during the hilarity.

I watched “While We’re Young.” Charles Grodin is so funny. 

• Love 6

I just read somewhere that Barnacle Bethenney is off on a rant because someone questioned her mouthing off about whether or not she is experiencing health issues due to the Covid vaccine.  She says she is "severely immuno-compromised" & having health issues & if she wants to question the role of the vaccine in that, she darn well will!  Because she has a daughter to care for.  (When there's no celebrity to latch onto like a barnacle, guess she'll opt for a national issue instead.)

Apparently, she's never considered the role Botox, fillers or other poisons that she's frequently put into her puffed out non-moving shiny face might play  - or issues arising from possible leaking of her bolted-on boobs.  Sure, let's blame the vaccine.  And do it loudly - without scientific basis or a doctor's input - because why not - she can!

Edited by realityplease
typo
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

It’s amazing how much attention Bethenney seems to need from a large audience. She craves it the way people seek water when they are thirsty. I wonder how this is going to effect her daughter Bryn as she is hitting those years of starting to get ready to become a young woman. Then again perhaps Barnacle Bethenny has made her a Velcro sidekick and she will always be too timid to break away from her mother. Her mother needs her. 

• Sad 2
  • Love 9

Bethenny goes from one health crisis to the next. Remember how she cried and carried on when she had to have a gynecological procedure done to take care of endometriosis or something like that. She cried about the doctor's office asking if she had a living will. When she was on a plane and found out that they were serving sea bass she bitched about it until they turned the plane around. And then she almost died from eating soup made with fish broth. Now the Covid vaccine is responsibe for her having a serious auto immune condition. The woman craves attention. She will do and say anything to call attention to herself.  She is a nut case. What that man that she calls her fiancé sees in her is a mystery to me.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

It’s amazing how much attention Bethenney seems to need from a large audience. She craves it the way people seek water when they are thirsty. I wonder how this is going to effect her daughter Bryn as she is hitting those years of starting to get ready to become a young woman. Then again perhaps Barnacle Bethenny has made her a Velcro sidekick and she will always be too timid to break away from her mother. Her mother needs her. 

This is a great post. I think there’s a very good chance of this happening. No one defies Frankel.

But I also still wonder if Bryn will end up doing what Frankel did to Bernadette?

https://www.chartattack.com/who-is-bernadette-birk-1/

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

But I also still wonder if Bryn will end up doing what Frankel did to Bernadette?

Me too.  It IS hard to watch - especially when there's an innocent kid who can be harmed no matter how this plays out.  I really wish Bethenny would leave Bryn out of the public eye.

There are similarities. Bryn separated from her Dad (& his parents.) Bryn dealing with her mother's overwhelming personality. (Maybe B's not an alcoholic, but she's a raging narcissist, or at least, supremely self-absorbed.) Bryn moving homes several times. Bryn watching her mom go through several failed or distanced relationships. Bryn watching her mom fire up multiple projects & fail. (Don't know if Bernadette was a successful designer.  And Bryn wasn't old enough to see Skinnygirl at the outset before sold - though the money's there now.)

So will pride & admiration for her mom turn to disgust?  Will B give Bryn freedom to forge her own path? Or is Bethenney always going to make everything about Bethenny & "help" & micro-manage Bryn because B (expert in everything) knows how things should be done? It can go either way.  Either Bryn totally dependent on B - or Bryn rebellious &/or estranged. (Bernadette's revenge.)

• Useful 8
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Bethenny goes from one health crisis to the next. Remember how she cried and carried on when she had to have a gynecological procedure done to take care of endometriosis or something like that. She cried about the doctor's office asking if she had a living will. When she was on a plane and found out that they were serving sea bass she bitched about it until they turned the plane around. And then she almost died from eating soup made with fish broth. Now the Covid vaccine is responsibe for her having a serious auto immune condition. The woman craves attention. She will do and say anything to call attention to herself.  She is a nut case. What that man that she calls her fiancé sees in her is a mystery to me.  

I would love to know what he gets out of this relationship. They have been together for a LOOONG time.

I always think of this when I regard Frankel with one of her men.

[Here’s where I’d insert the gif of Kramer saying,] “Boy, a month in Europe with Elaine. That guy’s coming home in a body bag.”

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 11/15/2022 at 8:45 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I was shocked at Elizabeth Moss' fangirl gushing over every "revelation" that Bethenny made.   Miss "female empowerment" Bethenny spent about twenty minutes reaffirming just how much of a lunatic Kelly was at Scary Island.  B portrayed herself as a chook whose career might have been damaged by disparaging remarks Kelly made about her food. She can't let any criticism go, even if it is 15 years in the past.

Yeah, it seems B produced the whole show by her convos with production staff re the other castmates and potential storylines.

Podcast was deadly dull on both sides and had no revelations of note.  No big Behind The Scenes secrets were imparted.   I too noticed the cheezy commercials.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 7
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Is Jason completely cut off from Bryn and not allowed visitation? What happened to cause this? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10289615/amp/Bethenny-Frankel-no-longer-required-pay-ex-husband-Jason-Hoppy-child-support.html

In my opinion, Jason Hoppy reluctantly gave up, because he could see that it was hurting Bryn. But Frankel has shown that she can manipulate and go to extremes. If Frankel was hysterical and sobbing and upsetting Bryn often when Bryn was supposed to begin her weekend with Jason, I can understand Jason deciding that he had to just do whatever would upset Bryn less. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10289615/amp/Bethenny-Frankel-no-longer-required-pay-ex-husband-Jason-Hoppy-child-support.html

In my opinion, Jason Hoppy reluctantly gave up, because he could see that it was hurting Bryn. But Frankel has shown that she can manipulate and go to extremes. If Frankel was hysterical and sobbing and upsetting Bryn often when Bryn was supposed to begin her weekend with Jason, I can understand Jason deciding that he had to just do whatever would upset Bryn less. 

A quote from the article:

Frankel is said to have appeared looking polished in a white blouse for the video call, and make it clear that even with a structure in place, her daughter Bryn won't always choose to spend time with her father.

'Whatever you put on paper, that's great for structure, but she is a living, breathing thing and she won't always go,' she reportedly told the judge. 

She referred to her daughter as a “thing”.
This to me, proves that poor Bryn is just a pawn in Bethanys world. 
Also, as I suspected it was most likely financially driven because Bethany, being the main bread winner was paying Jason child support, which winning the full custody battle would  end the payments. 
When Bryn becomes old enough to understand what happened, she hopefully will reach out to her father and rekindle a relationship with him and her Grandparents. 
Bethany is disgusting with her greed. Stealing from her daughter the most valuable parts of her life while she was too young to understand the ramifications of what was being done to her. Bethany is the lowest of lowlifes. All the glitter and dollars on earth cannot replace what she has destroyed in her own daughters life.... and a man who just happened to be just one of billions of men on earth who simply was not compatible with Bethany any more. People break up every day, but Bethany used her dollars to destroy anyone in her path to have “things” go the way she wanted them to. Not for any other reason. She is a monster.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12

I haven't seen anything that said Jason gave up his visitation rights to Bryn but he did give in to giving Bethenny full custody. But of course Bethenny tells the judge that if Bryn doesn't want to spend time with Jason she won't.  There is a special place in hell for people who use children as weapons to hurt others. 

The strange thing about Bethenny is that she claims she grew up in a dysfunctional family with horrible parents. I have never heard her speak of grandparents, aunts, uncles, or cousins. It seems that she is raising Brynn the same way by keeping her away from her father, and her grandparents. All the money in the world cannot take their place in this child's life. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
On 11/17/2022 at 6:42 AM, weaver said:

Miss "female empowerment" Bethenny spent about twenty minutes reaffirming just how much of a lunatic Kelly was at Scary Island.  B portrayed herself as a chook whose career might have been damaged by disparaging remarks Kelly made about her food. She can't let any criticism go, even if it is 15 years in the past.

Kelly’s behavior was erratic but I don’t think she was or is the lunatic that Bethenny portrayed her to be. I really do think Bethenny is evil and she will take down anyone in her path and that’s exactly what she did to Kelly. The whole cook versus chef thing was in response to Bethenny over inflating everything she does. And that IS what she does. Unfortunately Kelly was the one to call her out on it with disastrous effects.

Now that it’s years later and we’ve seen a full spectrum of Bethenny’s true colors and her own instability, who’s the crazy one now? I always liked Kelly. She was a bit of a kook but she seemed to be a good mother and a fun person.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Kelly’s behavior was erratic but I don’t think she was or is the lunatic that Bethenny portrayed her to be. I really do think Bethenny is evil and she will take down anyone in her path and that’s exactly what she did to Kelly. The whole cook versus chef thing was in response to Bethenny over inflating everything she does. And that IS what she does. Unfortunately Kelly was the one to call her out on it with disastrous effects.

Now that it’s years later and we’ve seen a full spectrum of Bethenny’s true colors and her own instability, who’s the crazy one now? I always liked Kelly. She was a bit of a kook but she seemed to be a good mother and a fun person.

I agree. Sorry for repeating myself, but I really believe that Kelly’s fashion model/beautiful person reputation/image triggered Frankel even before Kelly was in the same room as Frankel. They excluded Frankel from that circle, when she was younger. They did not consider her a beauty, even though Bernadette resembled Michelle Pfeiffer. 
Frankel was on high-alert when Kelly joined. She brought an Uzi. So when Kelly began reacting to her complicated energy, Frankel unloaded. 
I agree that Kelly seems like a good mother who has not punished her children just because their father treated Kelly poorly by trading up. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I agree. Sorry for repeating myself, but I really believe that Kelly’s fashion model/beautiful person reputation/image triggered Frankel even before Kelly was in the same room as Frankel. They excluded Frankel from that circle, when she was younger. They did not consider her a beauty, even though Bernadette resembled Michelle Pfeiffer. 
Frankel was on high-alert when Kelly joined. She brought an Uzi. So when Kelly began reacting to her complicated energy, Frankel unloaded. 
I agree that Kelly seems like a good mother who has not punished her children just because their father treated Kelly poorly by trading up. 

@hoodooznoodooz, you know I upvote about 90 percent of everything you post, but I will throw my hat in the ring here a wee lil bit.

While I do agree that Kelly's industry-defined beauty totally triggered Bethenny, I don't think Kelly's meltdown was totally B's doing. Remember how Kelly melted down when she saw the Skinny Girl gift bags that B left for all the ladies? That shit was bonkers. That, and my girl Sonja (brand new and bringing sexy J realness) started talking about "cat pee" and I wondered about what was going on with Kelly. People in the know say that meth/speed smells of cat pee.

Am I saying that Kelly was on meth? Nope. I don't wish to be mean. I also don't wish to be sued. But something was obviously very wrong with her during that trip.

I don't believe that Bethenny's monstrous narcissism was the whole problem. Bethenny's monstrous narcissism helped though. I've watched Season Three several times. The speeding, motormouth Kelly who would rather gulp Gummy Bears inside a room that smelled of cat pee instead of eat a mere cook's food, will always give me pause. Even in the face of Bethenny's massive bitchery.

Beth has shown evil, sociopathic qualities. Kelly has shown paranoid, delusional qualities. It can be both.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

My $.02 is that I had a boss that was cut from the same cloth as Bethenny. Complete with the branded, monogrammed swag bags as employee gifts. I’ve thrown out or donated everything she ever gave us because she was that toxic and I didn’t want anything except to get as far away from her as possible. When you’ve experienced it firsthand, you know it when you see it again.  I wouldn't have wanted Bethenny’s bags either. It was like, yay I hate you and don’t want to film scenes with you but this is my product please go out and promote it for me with these lovely items that have my logo and word mark ALL OVER THEM. Nah.

I was thinking if Sonja was smelling cat urine, it might have been her own clothes 🙃

I do agree that Bethenny wasn’t the whole problem on that trip. Everyone was super uptight at one point or another it seemed. Some people just drive you right to the edge. I mean Alex broke out in hives and nearly had a nervous breakdown over Jill showing up for 20 minutes. 

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

My $.02 is that I had a boss that was cut from the same cloth as Bethenny. Complete with the branded, monogrammed swag bags as employee gifts. I’ve thrown out or donated everything she ever gave us because she was that toxic and I didn’t want anything except to get as far away from her as possible. When you’ve experienced it firsthand, you know it when you see it again.  I wouldn't have wanted Bethenny’s bags either. It was like, yay I hate you and don’t want to film scenes with you but this is my product please go out and promote it for me with these lovely items that have my logo and word mark ALL OVER THEM. Nah.

I was thinking if Sonja was smelling cat urine, it might have been her own clothes 🙃

I do agree that Bethenny wasn’t the whole problem on that trip. Everyone was super uptight at one point or another it seemed. Some people just drive you right to the edge. I mean Alex broke out in hives and nearly had a nervous breakdown over Jill showing up for 20 minutes. 

I totally understand where you're coming from regarding the Skinny Girl swag. I had a coworker who I knew didn't like me. When I didn't take up her bait (I remained cordial and polite in the face of her petty bitchiness) she decided to try befriending me. She began giving me stuff -- treats, hats, scarves, etc. I always thanked her kindly before throwing her gifts into a garbage can a few blocks away from my job.

You're shading poor Sonja! Unfortunately, having grown to know her as we do today, you could be right about the cat pee....

Bethenny definitely triggered something in Kelly, a woman who is probably used to people being nice to her based on her looks and social status. Bethenny was having none of that, and in fact, took pleasure in demeaning someone she sees as silly, stupid, and at least from what was shown on the trip, mentally fragile. I'm sure B took pleasure in dismantling Kelly. It was almost too easy.

I also believe Kelly triggered something in Bethenny, a woman who sees herself as tough, no nonsense, and about real shit. No one is hanging on Bethenny's every word because she's pretty. She's had to fight to be heard by being brash, sarcastic, and funny. Kelly can barely string two words together. Bethenny's word-Uzi is always cocked. Bethenny probably resents that someone she views as "down there" can garner positive attention simply by showing up.

These two women have absolutely no common ground. None. It made for some great television. It was my absolute favorite season of any Housewife franchise that I've ever watched. I still grieve for that loss.

• Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

RealHousewife:  I enjoyed Bethenny the lst seasons. She was witty & sarcastic  Kelly was haughty - she had no use for the women & only put effort into men.  B latched onto Jill (for connections to a better social circle), tolerated Ramona who treated her like a poor relation (but B clung on because - entree to a richer social circle), clung to Jason #1 (& his kids) like a life-raft (tho he wasn't particularly interested in her.) She tried hawking her skills as a cook - & kept failing.  Bethenny was mean to Countess Lou & of no use to Sonja, so no connection there.

Eventually, she lost me due to constant self-centered whining & exaggeration of everything - childhood, struggle to gain success, relationships. Many deal with divided homes or difficult parents, but no, she was "raised by wolves." Her relationships failed to ignite -no wonder - her vibe was very desperate. Her business endeavors were not well thought out & doomed to fail.  But once Skinnygirl sparked big time, overnight she was self-appointed expert on everything!

Then, her dismissive treatment of Jason #2.  They had no privacy or married life. She didn't make room for him in her life.  She set up her business & put her helpers & cameras in their home. He was just a means to a baby.  Even upon arrival at her wedding - she didn't rush inside to her future. She ran straight to meet the papparazzi with glee.

The talk show was a disaster. She talked too fast & nasally.  She's not a good interviewer - didn't let her guests speak or draw them out. She wanted to "go there" & be risque - but came off as crude & crass. 

Someone said she's the most philanthropic HW.  Or not. Her charity is probably a tax shelter (nothing wrong with that) but often the most charitable are the ones that don't publicize it - they just give.  She's more about telling you how great she is.  

• Like 1
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, eXiled said:

@hoodooznoodooz, you know I upvote about 90 percent of everything you post, but I will throw my hat in the ring here a wee lil bit.

While I do agree that Kelly's industry-defined beauty totally triggered Bethenny, I don't think Kelly's meltdown was totally B's doing. Remember how Kelly melted down when she saw the Skinny Girl gift bags that B left for all the ladies? That shit was bonkers. That, and my girl Sonja (brand new and bringing sexy J realness) started talking about "cat pee" and I wondered about what was going on with Kelly. People in the know say that meth/speed smells of cat pee.

Am I saying that Kelly was on meth? Nope. I don't wish to be mean. I also don't wish to be sued. But something was obviously very wrong with her during that trip.

I don't believe that Bethenny's monstrous narcissism was the whole problem. Bethenny's monstrous narcissism helped though. I've watched Season Three several times. The speeding, motormouth Kelly who would rather gulp Gummy Bears inside a room that smelled of cat pee instead of eat a mere cook's food, will always give me pause. Even in the face of Bethenny's massive bitchery.

Beth has shown evil, sociopathic qualities. Kelly has shown paranoid, delusional qualities. It can be both.

Oh, I can totally co-sign this!

• Hugs 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, realityplease said:

RealHousewife:  I enjoyed Bethenny the lst seasons. She was witty & sarcastic  Kelly was haughty - she had no use for the women & only put effort into men.  B latched onto Jill (for connections to a better social circle), tolerated Ramona who treated her like a poor relation (but B clung on because - entree to a richer social circle), clung to Jason #1 (& his kids) like a life-raft (tho he wasn't particularly interested in her.) She tried hawking her skills as a cook - & kept failing.  Bethenny was mean to Countess Lou & of no use to Sonja, so no connection there.

Eventually, she lost me due to constant self-centered whining & exaggeration of everything - childhood, struggle to gain success, relationships. Many deal with divided homes or difficult parents, but no, she was "raised by wolves." Her relationships failed to ignite -no wonder - her vibe was very desperate. Her business endeavors were not well thought out & doomed to fail.  But once Skinnygirl sparked big time, overnight she was self-appointed expert on everything!

Then, her dismissive treatment of Jason #2.  They had no privacy or married life. She didn't make room for him in her life.  She set up her business & put her helpers & cameras in their home. He was just a means to a baby.  Even upon arrival at her wedding - she didn't rush inside to her future. She ran straight to meet the papparazzi with glee.

The talk show was a disaster. She talked too fast & nasally.  She's not a good interviewer - didn't let her guests speak or draw them out. She wanted to "go there" & be risque - but came off as crude & crass. 

Someone said she's the most philanthropic HW.  Or not. Her charity is probably a tax shelter (nothing wrong with that) but often the most charitable are the ones that don't publicize it - they just give.  She's more about telling you how great she is.  

Thank you for your input. I'm curious what I'll think of Bethany once she returns. I haven't gotten to that season yet. I didn't think she was so bad the seasons I watched, but I guess you have to be really bad news for me to dislike you. Some of the women on BH and SLC are so bad, Bethany is like an angel sent from heaven. 

I think I enjoyed her talk show because she discussed a lot of issues of interest for single women and pop culture I'm interested in. I also can speak a little fast myself, so maybe that's why her speech didn't bother me. lol A lot of us who have fast metabolisms just walk, talk, and generally do everything faster. I had to really work on that in acting class. 

I found this regarding the most philanthropic housewives. Bethany seems to do the most for humankind. 

https://www.realitytea.com/2022/08/11/philanthropic-real-housewives/

Bethenny is a raging, sobbing, paranoid, mean beast in the season she returns.   Self-absorbed doesn't begin to describe her then.  I can't remember if it was that season or the one following, but she lost her shit on Luann at Dorinda's house in the Berkshires like a lunatic and kept screaming "whore!" at her.  And then scuttled away with Carole the next morning so she wouldn't have to face anyone.  Horrid woman.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Thank you for your input. I'm curious what I'll think of Bethany once she returns. I haven't gotten to that season yet. I didn't think she was so bad the seasons I watched, but I guess you have to be really bad news for me to dislike you. Some of the women on BH and SLC are so bad, Bethany is like an angel sent from heaven. 

I think I enjoyed her talk show because she discussed a lot of issues of interest for single women and pop culture I'm interested in. I also can speak a little fast myself, so maybe that's why her speech didn't bother me. lol A lot of us who have fast metabolisms just walk, talk, and generally do everything faster. I had to really work on that in acting class. 

I found this regarding the most philanthropic housewives. Bethany seems to do the most for humankind. 

https://www.realitytea.com/2022/08/11/philanthropic-real-housewives/

Frankel was very likable at first. But when she found out that viewers the first season really enjoyed her (she was a fan favorite), compounded by her if-you-throw-enough-stuff-at-the-wall-something-might-stick success with the SkinnyGirl margarita (which I really do believe she rebranded from her mother’s concoction, which she created to please the friend who was trying to limit calories/sugar), she became increasingly arrogant, intolerant, dismissive, and verbally aggressive. 

In the first season, she seemed to hope others/viewers would like her. After a while, she just assumed others/viewers loved, admired, or envied her and would remain fans.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8

The thought that’s been lurking in the back of my mind is when will Bryn realize that SHE’S been raised by wolves. 

Hopefully that will help her find her way back to her father and grandparents and they can repair their relationship. 

I’ve always been Team Jason and always thought he was a decent guy from a decent family. He had his moments but I really think Bethenny’s behavior and treatment of him drove him right to the edge and he fell off a couple times. Seems to be a pattern with her. I think the only thing that’s keeping her in check with Paul is that he is ridiculously wealthy and comes from a ridiculously wealthy family.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
On 11/20/2022 at 11:02 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Interesting. I thought Ramona seemed jealous of Kelly based on gross comments she made about her body. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Interesting. I thought Ramona seemed jealous of Kelly based on gross comments she made about her body. 

Hmmmm… I got the impression that Ramona was not the kind of person to be envious, at that time in her life, at least. She believed that she was happily married to Mario.

But Ramona never had a filter, so she would announce any thought that popped into her brain. And if Kelly were annoying her at that moment, she would look at Kelly with a more critical eye. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Hmmmm… I got the impression that Ramona was not the kind of person to be envious, at that time in her life, at least. She believed that she was happily married to Mario.

But Ramona never had a filter, so she would announce any thought that popped into her brain. And if Kelly were annoying her at that moment, she would look at Kelly with a more critical eye. 

I see. That lack of filter, while entertaining, can be very hurtful when you're on the receiving end of it. 

• Applause 5
  • Love 1