Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Dealing With Demons

I'm not sure why I'm defending them, but I do understand why the little kids would be in preschool. Tori did have a job until recently, and Dean's work is sporadic. It's hard to lock down a good preschool in LA, even if you have money, so you need to get your kids in at as early an age as they will take them, to essentially "save your spot" for when you really need the school. You can't just take your kids in and out of schools as needed when you start working again.

I saw this happening a lot when I lived in LA. We had a lot of actor/actress parents who would have their kids in preschool all day even though the parents were at home, because work would come up suddenly, and then they would be gone for a couple of months. And they needed to have the preschool routine already there when that happened.

Maybe for "normal" parents but she has a staff at home...no need for a 2 year old to go to "preschool".

Is it just me, or has Liam gotten a bit husky?  He was sporting a double chin last night.

100% not just you, he has definitely put on weight. I mean kids put on/lose baby fat but they are usually older when they go thru that phase. Must be all Deano's breakfast smores... or whatever he was calling them. 

I want to stick a blow torch under the therapist's ass to make her jump to attention and actually conduct a session that somehow resembles couples therapy. So far, she's just there to be on camera.

I cannot stand that fameho. I want to throttle her & all her touchy feely, absolutely useless BS.

And who is "friend" Courtney?   And where are the Guncles????  They have been missing through the True Tori episodes.  I wonder if they refused to be filmed in this circus or if they refused to be apart of Tori's crazy ass circus in real life. Would love to hear if anyone knows anything. PT posters are great at finding the truth. ;D

Wasn't Courtney one of the women in Tori's "it's so hard to make real friends at the kids' school" group from last season? Ya know...the scarf wearer/I just wanna be on tv friend. Eyeroll. 

It's one thing for Dean to be texting with a girl, but why didn't Tori or anyone else bat an eye when he also had a PICTURE of her on his phone? I don't have photos of the people I text with..... and I'm betting Dean has a lot more photos on his phone, or laptop.

Didn't he Google her pic for Tori? I don't think her pic was on his phone. 

Disclaimer: I am clearly insane for even watching this shit show so I could be wrong & even more insane for coming across as I'm defending Feano. :)

Edited by BostonBlonde
  • Love 3

I am sad and pathetic enough to remember that Deano Googled the pic for Tori.  So apparently he didn't have it on his phone.  But still doesn't answer who she was and why they were texting.

Irrelevant I guess when they need to have sex 16 days in a row and Dean has Smores to make.

• Love 3

I've gone back and forth on whether I believe Dean really cared for Tori.  During the scene where he recounts their first meeting, I don't think he could have faked that look on his face, and tone of voice.  It's odd that Tori talked of cheating on BAG, then stated she "wasn't that girl", who would cheat on her husband.  Her therapist needs to help her connect those dots.

I watched the first season, and didn't notice glaring acting or anything that implied they were following a script.  This time, Tori's couch THs struck me as completely scripted, and she wasn't acting them in a convincing manner.  It was off, and very noticeable.

The confessions episode was more interesting, in my opinion.  I was so glad to hear Tori finally attribute some of the difficulties she had with her mother, to her father.  She used to idolize him.  I'm glad she's seeing that he pitted Tori and Candy against one another.  Tori's thoughts of having a "perfect family" and/or living in a fairy tale isn't surprising.  Her parents did the exact same thing.  Tori was raised that way.

Looking back at the pics when she was married to Charlie, there were several where she was quite pretty!  Her face was fuller and she seemed more relaxed.  I know she's spoiled, self-involved, etc. but it's clear that she has significant anxiety issues. 

I loved the scene with Dean and Hattie.  When he was trying to get her dressed, and she told him that her shoes didn't match her outfit.  She wasn't even three at that time.  She must have learned it in the womb.

• Love 1

The True Confessions hour mentioned that Toni and Dean's problems potentially put a "media empire" in jeopardy. What media empire would that be exactly if these two are on the doorstep of insolvency? 

The acting is bad, the intimate details are creepy, and the poor kids are being victimized. These two fame whores reek of desperation, but I'm putting Tori at the center of this mess, with sleazy Dean along for the ride.

• Love 4

As someone who has watched nearly every Tori show, read the books (including standing in line for her to sign) and given her the benefit of the doubt in this mess, I am now convinced that she is completely delusional. She lacks complete self-awareness of how she comes off. I agree with the other posters who said she is enjoying being the victim. I read somewhere that she is only getting $50k for this season of the show. So she has determined that $50k is worth continuing to damage her family, selling her dignity and peeing on television. I don't think she is doing this show for the money, I think she desperately needs the spotlight, in any form, to boost her self-esteem. The woman is now peeing on camera for attention. Unless you are a drunk Snookie on Jersey Shore, you are only peeing on camera because you have lost sight of reality. 

I think Tori has some weird issue with women. Every season, of every show, there are different female "friends", yet the men, Mehran and the Guncles stay the same. I think she doesn't feel comfortable around them, whether it be because of their looks or confidence. I feel like she has spent her life in a weird competition with her mom and it's affected how she sees herself and other women.

• Love 7

I think the haircut is not doing him any favors, and making him look chubbier than he is. At that age, my kids would go from chubby to thin and back again as they hit growth spurts. They would grow taller for a while and get skinny, then grow wider for a while, then grow taller, etc. Their appetite would increase a lot right before a big growth spurt was about to hit so that tended to make them chubby for a bit until the growth kicked in and their height would catch up with their weight.

Except that Deano is feeding them graham crackers with cream cheese and chocolate spread for breakfast. Imagine what the rest of their meals look like. 

On a shallow note, Tori looks like she had cheek implants. You could cut diamonds on those things! And please, please put some eyebrows on.

• Love 3

I forgot to mention this earlier but I need to understand what is going on with Tori's makeup in the therapy sessions. It always looks half clown, half death warmed over. I wonder if they make it look for so she seems to be suffering more when in therapy. Her makeup tends to normally be bad but usually she looks like there was some effort put into being presentable.

• Love 3

Was that a walk in closet/pantry dedicated entirely to shoes on the main floor of the house?? Or was I hallucinating? This was when when dean was trying to Hattie ready to go. It beats the mountain of shoes that I trip over every time I enter my garage.

• Love 2

I've been watching this mess. Conclusion? This is either performance art to showcase Tori and Dean's "acting" or they both need a wake up call to realize they are the MOST self centered and ridiculous people.

I just can't, with them.

Tori in the pool with a full face of makeup was redonkulous.

I loved how Tori tried to look ashamed when she "confessed" to her friend at lunch that her and Dean hooked up the first day they met.  Yet, in the True Confessions that aired beforehand when she "confessed" (everybody already knew this) the same thing, she did not look ashamed at all.  Also, just because you feel someone else is your soulmate, and you are both married or have SO's but hook up anyway, does not make it ok, or acceptable. Would Tori be ok if Dean told her that he found a new soulmate in Emily Goodhand? Me thinks not.

I also love how Tori states that she is the one that supports the family.  What happened to Dean's Chopped Canada/2 money?

I feel so sorry for those kids.  They are growing up with this woman who is all me, me, me.  I hope that Candy leaves them all of her money when she dies with the stipulation that they cannot share with Tori & Dean, and they go as far away as possible. Run kids, Run!! As soon, and as far as you can!!

• Love 4

I think Liam's weight gain could be because of all the stress and misery and tension in his home.   It could be just normal and he's headed for a growth spurt but considering how he was acting out on the last season it wouldn't surprise me if he was eating for comfort.   I know Tori likes to play the victim and put on an act but the one thing on the show that seems honest to me is that Tori is miserable and does not enjoy her life or her kids.   I know that four kids is a lot of work but come on.   They should have a morning routine down by this point.   Whats the point of even having the two younger ones in "school" if they aren't ready and they are having meltdowns.   They could probably easily hire a babysitter (if they ever actually both have steady work and need one)  for what tuition costs for both of them.   

• Love 2

Boy, these two really are devastated at having to come home from their Malibu beach vacation! #TheStruggleIsReal

Must be all Deano's breakfast smores... or whatever he was calling them

He made a big point of listing the protein grams, the ingredients, and then grinning at the camera, "I like to call them S'Mornings!" It's almost like he's promoting a blog called Gourmet Dad or something (?).

• Love 6

Why did they blur out Emily's photograph if it was in a national magazine?  I'm sure her face was in the magazine, so why blur it now?  Is she saying she didn't sleep with Dean?

I totally believe most of this is fake & they're milking every last drop of drama to make a nickel or a dime & because they're desperate to keep themselves on TV. Still I watch. Tori's still so serious. All. The. Time. And Dean still looks rough & like he's completely over this crap. They needed to sneak around & screw around a few months & the new would've worn off. Except their kids are adorable so there's that. Part of me still questions if Dean was determined to get her pregnant ASAP & lock her down.

What Tori needs is a REAL therapist to tell her to get her family off of TV, go somewhere and live life away from the cameras.  Tori has no story without Dean as the "villain."  

But I can't blame her 100%, Lifetime is to blame too.  Tori and Dean will sell their family out as long as some network is willing to pay.  

• Love 3

2 minutes in & I'm ALREADY nauseated by Tori's love & devotion to this troll of a man. God... is she pathetic with her "8 years of love...love wins out" bologna. Ugh.

Why do these celeb types over analyze their children's every move & emotion? 

Because they don't have to have real jobs and have way too much time and money on their hands.

• Love 1

Tori in the pool with a full face of makeup was redonkulous.

I loved how Tori tried to look ashamed when she "confessed" to her friend at lunch that her and Dean hooked up the first day they met.  Yet, in the True Confessions that aired beforehand when she "confessed" (everybody already knew this) the same thing, she did not look ashamed at all.  Also, just because you feel someone else is your soulmate, and you are both married or have SO's but hook up anyway, does not make it ok, or acceptable. Would Tori be ok if Dean told her that he found a new soulmate in Emily Goodhand? Me thinks not.

I also love how Tori states that she is the one that supports the family.  What happened to Dean's Chopped Canada/2 money?

I feel so sorry for those kids.  They are growing up with this woman who is all me, me, me.  I hope that Candy leaves them all of her money when she dies with the stipulation that they cannot share with Tori & Dean, and they go as far away as possible. Run kids, Run!! As soon, and as far as you can!!

I get the feeling that Candy (another delusional, ugly, spoiled ice queen) is the type to leave all her money to stupid causes, and none to Tori. Or her children. For spite. But, I also think Tori's got more Spelling money than the $800K she claims; how else could they live so high on the hog?

• Love 2

Oh, would you look at that.

Our pampered princess is back in the hospital. I said it in another thread, but if she weren't a Spelling, she'd get a Tylenol and sent home. But, nooooo...not for Tori. It's IVs, a private room, and nannies to handle mothering her children. Her statement about the one person who isn't there for her is so ironic given that her children are sitting home with nannies or spending the day in an expensive, exclusive daycare (it's not a school) at one and two years old. Where is she for her children? Having a pity party in the hospital and tweeting pics non-stop, with ridiculously immature prose captions, shows us just how self involved she is.

• Love 10
Because they don't have to have real jobs and have way too much time and money on their hands.

I've never been able to understand, what is a "real job?"   The problem with Tori and Dean is that they have NO JOBS, at all.  If she and Dean were real actors, they'd be working and not fame-whoreing 24/7.

• Love 2

I've never been able to understand, what is a "real job?"   The problem with Tori and Dean is that they have NO JOBS, at all.  If she and Dean were real actors, they'd be working and not fame-whoreing 24/7.

I stand corrected -- you make a point! And we know talent isn't a prerequisite, judging from who's onscreen nowadays.

Oh, would you look at that.

Our pampered princess is back in the hospital. I said it in another thread, but if she weren't a Spelling, she'd get a Tylenol and sent home. But, nooooo...not for Tori. It's IVs, a private room, and nannies to handle mothering her children.

I think its a set. I think the hospital is phoney.

• Love 1

I just watched this episode, and all I can say is, HOW DEPRESSING!  Last season mostly dealt with Tori crying over Dean's infidelity, and here it is almost a year since she found out about it and she's STILL crying all. the. time.  Good lord, girl, either get over it or get out of your marriage.  Watching this first episode of the new season was nothing but a repeat of last season.  What a friggin' downer!  I wonder how many more seasons she can milk out of Dean's infidelity.

I can't believe that Tori is so self unaware that she has a hard time with anyone finding her culpable of doing the same thing to Charlie and Mary Jo that Dean did to her.  I mean, she admits to what she did, but still expects everyone to sympathize with her.  I don't think I can watch any more of this season because I'd rather save my compassion for someone who deserves it.  Please Tori, find yourself a therapist who can help you; your current one is nothing but a famewhore who will tell you whatever it is you want to hear. 

And, Dean, you're right, you're not the first man to ever cheat on his wife; however, that group gets much smaller when it becomes a club of men who cheated on TWO wives.  If Tori ever gets smart enough to kick you to the curb, I hope any woman who finds you attractive takes into consideration that you're a TWO TIME CHEATER and runs the other way.   Of course, as I've said before, I'd rather you two morons stay together to save anyone else from ever being saddled to either of you.   

• Love 3

OMG, she is exhausting. And she is afraid to be alone, she must have someone with her at all times.  I wonder if she has to have someone with her when she is in the bathroom and applaud when she takes a dump.  Pathetic.

I'm not a Dean apologist, but good God girl, get a grip.  Must you reference it during EVERY.CONVERSATION?   I'm making sandwiches for the kids to take to school.  You cheated on me.  I'm getting gas for the car.  You're a cheat.  We need toilet paper for the kids' bathroom.  How could you cheat on me?  Seriously, T, either let it go or LEAVE, but seriously girl, you are like a broken record.

Get a real therapist, not one who plays one on tv.  LISTEN TO PEOPLE when they tell you something you don't want to hear.  You are now no longer an innocent victim in this chaos. Go forward.  Leave.  But get out of this misery cloud you {and by extension} and your children are living in.  And have  nice life because seriously, I can't watch any more of this crap.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 6

I wonder if she has to have someone with her when she is in the bathroom and applaud when she takes a dump.  Pathetic.

Since she let them film her peeing on a stick, I'm guessing the answer to that is, yes.

• Love 2

I, also, am becoming somewhat of a Dean sympathizer. He's immature, slimey, and obnoxious. He's also married to a freakin' headcase. Tori is exhausting, I imagine. ITA that her repeated reminders of his infidelity would get old very fast.

Dean: we need to pick up some shoes for Stella... what do you think?

Tori: Why do you want me to choose...omg, you cheated.

DEAN: hey, babe, you look great today!

Tori: um. Why would you say that? I can't look good when you've cheated.

Dean: huh...this potato cooker doesn't work

TORI: ...because you cheated

Ok. So, the first two are unfair. But, the third one really occurred. If I were Dean, I would just start every statement with, "I know I cheated...are you going to eat those waffles?"

• Love 8

Tori only seems comfortable when there's adversarial tension in the relationship.  Not happy, but comfortable.

I don't believe Dean is an alcoholic.  He may have overdone it, i.e., partied and had too much fun sometimes, but I don't think alcohol was ever really an issue in their lives.

Dean's texting friend must have felt embarrassed at her physical appearance being described on national TV as "obviously" no threat to Tori.  (I understand Tori being on guard because of Dean's affair, but there was no need to publicly out an innocent party as being unattractive.  She could have told the therapist off-camera.)  Dean and Tori are both so immature and superficial.