Type keyword(s) to search

HTGAWM in the Media: 12 (Million) Angry Men (& Women)

Technically Bonnie is a lawyer as well. Prior to Sam's death AK was supposedly a renown lawyer like Alan Dershowitz. ( I swear they said that in the first episode). AK was supposed to be a selling point for the University. So Bonnie & AK could set up or revive AK's private practice and hire them as junior partner's. Mayeb even swinging a deal with Hargrove to get them college credit for this. It would also be a way to keep Oliver n the fold since he could just go work for them.  I just think there's still some mileage to get out of "Why Wes was killed" that makes doing a time jump of anything more than a few months a little clunky. 

9 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

Exactly, who would hire them? I don't know about how things work in Nowalk land, but law students who are att eh bottom of their class, and who are constantly mentioned in connection with murders and othe crime would not be on the desirable hire list.

To the shows credit much was made of them studying this season. I think Oliver mentioned that Connor got a 91 on his midterm. I'm assuming this is meant to indicate they are no longer in the bottom of the rankings.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Milaxx said:

She also has a BAFTA . I just want her to record an audio book so she can win a Grammy & join the EGOT club.

Maybe she can sing...  Either way, YASSSS to inducting her into the EGOT club.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Milaxx said:

She also has a BAFTA . I just want her to record an audio book so she can win a Grammy & join the EGOT club.

Ohhhh words cannot express how badly I want a Viola EGOT. And since she doesn't sing (at least as far as I know? I feel like she would have by now if she did) then I guess an audiobook is the way to go!

I did read that she is the first black actor to achieve the "triple crown" of acting awards (Emmy/Tony/Oscar).

• Love 1
On 2/28/2017 at 10:09 AM, helenamonster said:

I did read that she is the first black actor to achieve the "triple crown" of acting awards (Emmy/Tony/Oscar).

Whoopi has an EGOT, but one (the Emmy, I think), was for producing, not acting.  So Davis is the only one who has one all three for acting.

10 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

Whoopi has an EGOT, but one (the Emmy, I think), was for producing, not acting.  So Davis is the only one who has one all three for acting.

It was the Tony.

9 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Whoopi has an EGOT, but one (the Emmy, I think), was for producing, not acting.

Her Emmys are for hosting a documentary about Hattie McDaniel and The View, so they're not really awards for performance, either.  The only people who have an EGOT just for performance are Helen Hayes and Rita Moreno.

On October 22, 2016 at 7:08 PM, Milaxx said:

Not to mention if the wanted to bring back David Wallace and the fact that Wes is his half brother or that his mother killed herself.  

lol isn't David Wallace the CFO of Dunder-Mifflin?

• Love 4

I've already started a rewatch (I think this show is easier to understand and keep track of when you binge) and have already noticed some interesting things related to how the season turned out. First of all, there's a really sad parallel in 3x01 of Wes walking out of the police station after giving his statement about Wallace's murder, and turning around and looking back, just as he did before leaving the police station and going to Annalise's house to die.

Also, I'm more convinced than ever that Charles really is Wes's father. When Wes went up to Wallace and said he was his son, there was not even a hint of recognition on Wallace's face. We know how Wallace feels about black people; if he had slept with a black woman, he would have remembered it, and it didn't seem like he had any reason to believe he had a mixed race son out in the world. If he had had sex with Rose, consensual or otherwise, and she had showed up nine months later with a kid, he's a smart guy, he would have put five and seven together, and when adult Wes showed up it would have been chickens coming home to roost for him. Wallace had no clue who Wes was. I'm inclined to believe that Charles is really his father.

• Love 4

When Wes went up to Wallace and said he was his son, there was not even a hint of recognition on Wallace's face.

I've posted this a few times with regard to that scene, and not just that Wallace wasn't the father, but in that scene I was convinced he had no idea that Wes even existed as Charles' son. Mrs. Mahoney has been and continues to run the show on this IMO. Which is also probably why she and not Wallace are shown in the flashback to make the realization as she watched Charles, Rose and little Wes interact.  

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, helenamonster said:

it didn't seem like he had any reason to believe he had a mixed race son out in the world. If he had had sex with Rose, consensual or otherwise, and she had showed up nine months later with a kid, he's a smart guy, he would have put five and seven together, and when adult Wes showed up it would have been chickens coming home to roost for him. Wallace had no clue who Wes was. 

Didn't Annalise specifically call him out for this in the past though, suggesting that Christophe was his illegitimate son? I have no trouble believing Charles is the father, but the NYC scene is not the first time Wallace was confronted with the suggestion that he had a black son out there. 

• Love 1
On 3/24/2017 at 2:17 PM, Layne said:

Didn't Annalise specifically call him out for this in the past though, suggesting that Christophe was his illegitimate son? I have no trouble believing Charles is the father, but the NYC scene is not the first time Wallace was confronted with the suggestion that he had a black son out there. 

I think that's why he has that startled look on his face right before Frank shoot him. Wallace ask Wes who told him he was his father. Wes says Annalise Keating. Before he can reply, Frank shoots him.

Ugh, I find Jimmy Smits so incredibly overrated.   He always seemingly plays the exact same character no matter what show he is on.  The Marty Stu, the noble and honorable seemingly perfect guy who can do no wrong.  Wonder if it's going to be more of the same on this show.

4 hours ago, blackwing said:

Ugh, I find Jimmy Smits so incredibly overrated.   He always seemingly plays the exact same character no matter what show he is on.  The Marty Stu, the noble and honorable seemingly perfect guy who can do no wrong.  Wonder if it's going to be more of the same on this show.

I hope not, but odds are against us.

On 8/23/2017 at 5:37 PM, blackwing said:

He'a played his fair share of good, bad & ambiguous. He played a bad guy on Dexter.  Sons of Anarchy he wasn't completely goodness & light, The Get Down didn't paint him as a saint either. I'd have to check his IMDB, but I definitely wouldn't call him a Mary Stu 

I guess we'll see in a few weeks. Show returns September 28th!

Viola's husband Julius to guest on HTGAWM this season.

Tennon’s role and storyline are being kept secret. It is unclear how many episodes he will appear in.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 1

Season 4 prom has dropped. Apparently Jimmy Smit will reportedly play Keating's latest inspiration, who most likely will be someone she can rely on during these tough times. The Hollywood Reporter shared that he will be crucial to the season's mystery. Apart from that, details are sparse. 

"How to Get Away With Murder" returns with an episode titled "I'm Going Away." As revealed in the synopsis, Annalise will return to her home and try to get her life back following the death of her student Wes (Alfred Enoch).

The synopsis also affirms what fans are already expecting, Laurel (Karla Souza) looking into the death of her classmate and baby's father, Wes. She will be obsessed with finding the truth about what happened on the night he died.

As previously reported, executive producer Pete Nowalk shared that when the season opens, viewers will find out if Laurel has any idea that her father is behind Wes' death.

More importantly, Laurel's backstory will be unveiled in the upcoming season, which is central to Wes' murder. With this, viewers will understand why her father had him killed.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

For some reasons, the promo has me less excited than previous seasons. I think it's the lack of Alfred Enoch. :(

I know for me, it is very much due to the promo itself. There is no new information or anything 'tantalizing' about it. It's a bunch of images of people I already know are part of the cast and literally two sentences that are only vaguely intriguing.

I don't think it's a good promo if the goal is to get people excited about the new season. It's also only 15 seconds so I wonder if the goal was more to remind people of the return date or something.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, healthnut said:

So with Jimmy Smits in, is Billy Brown (Nate) out? 

He is still listed in the main cast, so no.

Spoiler

And a script sneak peak for the second episode had him going on about how done he is with Annalise yet again. Nothing new there.

Edited by kariyaki
added spoiler tags
  • Love 1
On 10/11/2017 at 5:07 PM, Milaxx said:

New promo pic

killer.jpg

I love how everyone else is in subdued black and grey and Annalise/Viola pops in that blue dress.  No mistaking who the star of the show is.  (Also, the Keating 4 + 1 are on one side, and the non-lawyers are on the other.)

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, helenamonster said:

But Bonnie is a lawyer. That might be why she's standing. She and Annalise are the only lawyers and only people fully standing.

and she's the most powerful one of the 3 outsiders (Nate/Frank/Bonnie)

• Love 2

I started looking these promo pictures a little closer with Scandal. If you looked closely you could see where the alliances for the upcoming season would be. I also follow Tom and Lorenzo's blog and their Mad Men post made me start paying attention to the stories being told through costuming. Lyn Paolo  is masterful at creating separate and distinct looks for her characters.

• Love 1