Type keyword(s) to search

HTGAWM in the Media: 12 (Million) Angry Men (& Women)

I heard about that whole Karla Souza Yalitza Apricio story and according to many it's a fake story. I guess TV Notas is not a credible news site and is actually a gossip page. Also they say that this is revenge against Karla  because of her #MeToo story from last year. 

• Love 1

Karla's response in English (with a lil help from Google Translate, my Spanish ain't what it used to be so it's not always perfect):

"Since I had the opportunity to see Roma, I have only made comments of support and how I was touched by the personal and beautiful story it told. When I met Yalitza and Marina I was able to hug them and thank them for interpreting their characters in such a deep and honest way. On many occasions I have declared myself a fan of all the women who worked on Roma, including Anna Terrazas, Lynn Fainchtein, and Gabriela Rodriguez. I reiterate my great admiration for these women. I find it important to note how we as a society continue to separate women and pit them against each other. The success of one does not discredit the achievements of others. Do not let people plant fake stories. Despite the recent circulation of fake news, what I have expressed on social media has been the same. I support and celebrate my fellow women. I think it is much more important to prioritize the scope of this film and celebrate something that puts our country before the eyes of the world. Let us embrace this work, and all its participants, who represent us so worthily."

From what I've seen, Karla has been nothing but positive about Roma and Yalitza. She is a huge supporter of Latinx women and Mexican creators. She has several posts on her Insta about Roma, Yalitza, and appreciation for domestic workers.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

I heard about that whole Karla Souza Yalitza Apricio story and according to many it's a fake story. I guess TV Notas is not a credible news site and is actually a gossip page. Also they say that this is revenge against Karla  because of her #MeToo story from last year. 

Even if the story is fake, at least colorism in the Latin community is being spoken about.  I am glad that Karla Souza is not a colorist, it would be very hard for me to enjoy her on the show.. Not to mention, she is on a show with a dark-skinned Black woman as the lead.. 

• Love 3

It’s just as well. Last season I was barely able to watch it live and eventually got moved to the “stockpile on the Pvr and I’ll get to it eventually” list. 

Not that her career was in rough shape before the show, but Viola Davis went next level because of it and for that I’m more than happy with. 

• Love 8

Last season I was barely able to watch it live and eventually got moved to the “stockpile on the Pvr and I’ll get to it eventually” list.  

Same. It just really seemed to have run out of steam and I'm still surprised it was renewed. Wonder if Viola will do another TV series or if she'll go back to mainly doing films? She's amazing and I think she elevated this show far beyond what it might have been with a less talented actor at the top of the cast.

• Love 12

On the one hand, I'm not surprised about this news, for the reasons mentioned above, but on the other hand, it's another show I watch that's wrapping up after this coming season (the other being "Criminal Minds"), and it's kind of sad to know that I'll be down another show soon. 

But I am glad that the cast and crew know this is the end ahead of time, so that they can properly wrap up everything for these characters. I look forward to seeing how the final season will play out :).

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Annber03 said:

On the one hand, I'm not surprised about this news, for the reasons mentioned above, but on the other hand, it's another show I watch that's wrapping up after this coming season (the other being "Criminal Minds"), and it's kind of sad to know that I'll be down another show soon. 

Wow, I cannot believe Criminal Minds survived this long. It became unwatchable to me several years ago - some characters were never watchable and the acting was baaaaaaad.

• Love 3

I’m glad they know far enough in advance to tie up any loose ends. I really can’t be bothered to care about most of these characters anymore, just let Conner and Oliver be happy, that’s all I ask. 

• Love 1

Does anyone know if Karla is still on the show? Her name wasn't included in a press release  from ABC I saw earlier in the summer and I've not seen her post anything about being on set like everyone else in the cast has. She hasn't been on anyone else's social media either. Considering how last season ended - I just wondered if she'll resurface at some point or if she's not coming back!

On 7/11/2019 at 1:32 PM, kariyaki said:

Contracts are up, actors will want raises, the ratings are down, ABC doesn't want to pay for it. 

That and Shonda’s deal with Netflix. My guess is they’ll only keep Grey's since that has a loyal following. As for the firefighter show, I’m on the fence. I think the network is trying to keep it alive by tethering it to Grey’s, but if the ratings don’t hold, my guess is this season will be its last. 

As for Karla, I think she’ll be back as a guest starring role. I have a feeling this is going to be a short season and once they wrap for winter break, that’s it. Filming appears to be done already so I’m guessing this is an 8-9 ep season.

On 8/16/2019 at 10:26 PM, apn85 said:

Does anyone know if Karla is still on the show? Her name wasn't included in a press release  from ABC I saw earlier in the summer and I've not seen her post anything about being on set like everyone else in the cast has. She hasn't been on anyone else's social media either. Considering how last season ended - I just wondered if she'll resurface at some point or if she's not coming back!

Aja Naomi King posted this on her twitter yesterday... so either Karla is gone or she just insn't filming the first few eps with them

Edited by DearEvette

I think they may be done with filming. Viola posted her final call a week ago. Jack appears to be elsewhere if his IG is any indication. I think Aja misses working with her. All of this is why I’m guessing this will be a short season. My guess is the show ends with the winter break.

• Love 1
On 9/9/2019 at 1:25 PM, DearEvette said:

Aja Naomi King posted this on her twitter yesterday... so either Karla is gone or she just insn't filming the first few eps with them

My immediate thought was that this was a red herring to make us think Karla won't be on at all, because that's the kind of logical reasoning the show has conditioned me into.

How much Karla appears probably also depends on contract/budget stuff. Assuming she signed a six-season contract when she started, she's owed a series regular salary whether she appears in every episode or not (the show doesn't plan enough to advance to have given her five seasons and guest star afterwards up front). It's up to the show to decide if paying her when she doesn't actually work is worth the expense or not.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Some new characters for the upcoming final season, including Asher's sister.

Either we knew that Asher had a sister and I just completely forgot due to them not mentioning Asher's family a whole lot, or this is brand new information.

Also, an FBI agent investigating the Keating case.

We knew he had a sister.  I think it was mentioned in the eps where we found out his dad has helped that guy get wrongly convicted so maybe season 2(?).  I know it was brought up back when Connor quit/flunked out and they had that intervention.

• Love 1
On 9/10/2019 at 7:29 PM, helenamonster said:

My immediate thought was that this was a red herring to make us think Karla won't be on at all, because that's the kind of logical reasoning the show has conditioned me into.

How much Karla appears probably also depends on contract/budget stuff. Assuming she signed a six-season contract when she started, she's owed a series regular salary whether she appears in every episode or not (the show doesn't plan enough to advance to have given her five seasons and guest star afterwards up front). It's up to the show to decide if paying her when she doesn't actually work is worth the expense or not.

I don’t think that’s right. I’m pretty sure even though actors sign multi year contracts, they must be renewed by the network/production company to remain in effect each year. The actors are tied to multi year, the show isn’t. That’s why it’s relatively easy for shows to kill off characters, for whatever reason, mid contract. 

For example, even though the actor playing Wes signed a six year contract (subject to annual renewal) at the same time as Karla, Im pretty sure he’s not been paid as a regular since he was “killed” off. 

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Was that the actress choice? I can’t say I’d miss her though I find her miserable.

It doesn't say for sure. It's implied in articles that I've read that Karla chose to not be a series regular for the final season. Or maybe it was a mutual decision by the actress and producers.

She will likely still be back, probably for a couple of episodes to wrap her story up. I assume it'll be closer to the end of the series. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

It doesn't say for sure. It's implied in articles that I've read that Karla chose to not be a series regular for the final season. Or maybe it was a mutual decision by the actress and producers.

She will likely still be back, probably for a couple of episodes to wrap her story up. I assume it'll be closer to the end of the series. 

I think that was the point of Aja’s IG post. Karla was back on set filming 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

HTGAWM will return later than expected: Thursday April 2nd

Essentially, they won't say it out loud, but it's due to them needing to pair Station 19 and Grey's together, but also keeping A Million Little Things right after Grey's and since AMLT isn't ending (unless it gets cancelled), they seem to want to bring that back sooner. So we have to wait extra time for the remaining six episodes. 

That is a real long time for 6 episodes,  not sure people will tune in after such a long wait, or even remember where it left off

• Love 3

Schedule for the 2nd half of the finale season.

April 2nd - 6x10 
April 9th - 6x11
April 16th - 6x12 
April 23rd - NO EPISODE 
April 30th - 6x13 
May 7th - 6x14
May 14th - SERIES FINALE!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Latepass for me, but someone recommended this show called Elite on Netflix. They said it's similar to HTGAWM and darned if it isn't. Major differences are the kids are actually kids. They go to an Elite private school.  The other changes are minor, but they have flashforwards just like HTGAWM.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

In lieu of the regular TGIT programming this week, ABC will televise the 2020 NFL Draft, which kicks off at 8/7c. Station 19 has also been bumped by this sports takeover, meaning a double bummer for Shondaland fans. Not to worry though, it too will be back on your TVs on April 30. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1