Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/06/14

Athena
  • Start Topic

Rosie O said something, to which Rosie P said "You said it, I didn't".  I missed what it was that Rosie O said.

Dreamboat Annie, Rosie O said, "Ricky."   She just can't contain herself; she needs to let everyone know she's "in the know."  Of course, "Ricky," means nothing to me.

Looks like someone ordered a table that is taller but doesn't have enough surface area and legs placed awkwardly so when the 4 ladies are sitting around it the people on the ends almost have to straddle the table leg. A new table will be ordered pronto!

RO didn't seem to have any trouble sitting without straddling something - but for some reason Whoopi cannot just sit up and keep her legs together for 15-20 minutes at a time.  

Did anyone happen to catch what Rosie said about what Rosie P's husband was flying out to work on?  I think Whoopi brought it up that he'd be flying out, and Rosie P said something like yes, he's working, and Rosie O said something, to which Rosie P said "You said it, I didn't".  I missed what it was that Rosie O said.

...  Oh, Nicolle is smooth, all right.  Careful and smooth.  And very crafty.  And this is Nicolle, staying quiet, polite and keeping a low profile.  We can be ready for what's coming....

Dreamboat Annie, I played that over twice to hear what RO said about Rosie P's husband but couldn't get it.   The guy is some sort of [former?] street artist so it could be anywhere.  

As far as Nicolle goes, she's won me over just not being Bitsy or ANY of the other people we saw try out for the Designated Republican Seat.  Okay, maybe won me over is a little strong, and I'll probably never agree with her politically  but the best thing about Nicolle expressing her political opinions [or any opinion really]  is I can be sure they are at least her own ideas and not some dumbass talking points Bill Geddie pulled off Faux News the night before and fed to the token blonde at the table.  But then maybe it's not fair to compare a former White House Communications Director to a Survivor contestant.  Heh. 

• Love 6

As far as Nicolle goes, she's won me over just not being Bitsy or ANY of the other people we saw try out for the Designated Republican Seat.  Okay, maybe won me over is a little strong, and I'll probably never agree with her politically  but the best thing about Nicolle expressing her political opinions [or any opinion really]  is I can be sure they are at least her own ideas and not some dumbass talking points Bill Geddie pulled off Faux News the night before and fed to the token blonde at the table.  But then maybe it's not fair to compare a former White House Communications Director to a Survivor contestant.  Heh. 

I, too, have been charmed by her. But I was kind of taken aback by her attack on President Obama over lack of climate change initiatives, when everyone and their uncle know that nothing can be done in Washington about it with the Conservatives in control of the House and in total denial over climate change to begin with! It was so reminiscent of a past co-host...lol. I am waiting for the midterm elections and the Presidential campaigns to come around. I have a feeling we're going to have some more deja vu's. It seems to me that being the lone Conservative, she feels she needs to come out punching and be the standard bearer or torch bearer of the often combative and accusatory voice of the Conservatives (not that Liberals have not done the same thing).

Edited by bluemosaic

Hey :(  How'd my post turn out to be on the previous page.  What I was hoping was that people - fellow posters, lurkers, anyone reading, would read my link regarding white privilege.  Oh well. 

Thanks, Former Nun, I thought I heard something like "Frankie". 

Thanks, Cosmo.  I have to admit my interest is piqued.  Not only by what Rosie O said, but that Rosie P responded with "You said it, I didn't".  What the heck is that supposed to mean?  About Nicolle.  Oh, I agree.  She is leaps and bounds better.  I couldn't stand Bits, she's the reason I stopped watching.  Heck, my bar was set so low this was a nice surprise.*  Nicolle expresses herself very well, but I'm just not convinced yet that the ideas she is expressing are in fact her own.  I hope they are, and I regret that I am not a very trusting person.  I'd like to see more of her own ideas expressed during hot topics not dealing with any current politics, but that is difficult due to the Whoopi factor.  And yes, sure it's fair to compare!  But let's call her a failed, ass-kicked-right-off survivor contestant. 

I hate veiled things like that, lol.

Same here.  Why the shroud of secrecy?, lol.  But I do find there is a certain level of discomfort there.  Tension almost.  I do miss the relaxed conversations.  We knew Meredith's life - she talked about Richard and the children by name all the time.  Joy talked about what she and Steve did the night before, or when Steve prepared dinner, and she talked about her daughter, Eve (I think that was her name).  Starr talked about her sister and her nephews by name, and what they were all doing.  Barbara talked about her roots all the time and of course her daughter Jackie, and too much (lol) about Cha-cha.  Later hosts spoke about their lives too, because that was part of the show.  I'm not a stalker, but I feel it's just not personal anymore at all.  There is an element of human, that I feel is missing from their "togetherness" at that table.  Geez, we're not even allowed to know when they show three guys on camera which one is Rosie P's husband.  Why?  Nicolle never mentions her son (other than "as a mother"), do we even know his name?  What's her husband's name?  No, I don't think I should have to google to find out those things.  If they'd like to keep it private, that's fine.  Then introduce hot topics other than politics where we get to hear everyone's take on it.  If I'm going to watch this every day, I'd like to at least get to know them a little better.  If we can't hear anything about their lives (which does go with the territory whether they like it or not), then can't we at least get to know how they feel about things, other than their activist choices and which way they lean politically.

*  Although just in case anyone is wondering, I do stand by my earlier comment when I said she may be "dumb as fuck" because that was based on her appearance the second day of the new season, which was bad.  I agree she's better than anyone we saw try out, but I really won't get into the tryouts, because I was clobbered on the musical chairs thread where I said they were auditioning for a chair at that table.  Okay, I'm getting into that (lol) but all I will say is they were all auditioning, or why would any of those people have been on there?  It was summer in Manhattan, and if they had needed a co-host, all it would take is one phone call by anyone there, a lower level producer, an intern, and any NYC personality could have pinch-hitted in a second if asked.  Those were auditions.  

• Love 4

Could anyone figure out what show Whoopi said that guy was seeing over & over, and had spent 25k to do so? 

Rock of Ages, lol.  He saw it something like 500 times in six countries and some cruise ships.  Yes, cruise ships.    Someone should tell him there is a movie version probably in the $10 bin at Walmart, although full disclosure I've seen the movie multiple times because it's fun and campy and the music is awesome.

• Love 2

Dreamboat Annie, Rosie O said, "Ricky." She just can't contain herself; she needs to let everyone know she's "in the know." Of course, "Ricky," means nothing to me.

Was it Ricky? I thought she (RO) said Nike (Nikey). And thought that RosieP couldn't say because it had to do with advertising a non sponsor. IDK.

I still like the show.

• Love 2

Was it Ricky? I thought she (RO) said Nike (Nikey). And thought that RosieP couldn't say because it had to do with advertising a non sponsor. IDK.

I still like the show.

I heard Nike as well. He's done some limited edition shoes with Nike, among others, before so I just assumed it was a new project that is not open for public discussion yet, hence RP's cya to point out that she didn't blurt it out, RO did.

"Perez is married to Eric Haze, a graffiti artist and designer from New York City who has his own Haze Brand store in the Harajuku neighborhood of Tokyo. He’s designed logos for Public Enemy, EPMD, Delicious Vinyl and MTV, plus some album covers for the Beastie Boys and Tommy Boy Records. Haze also has his own limited edition versions of G-Shock, Nike, and New Balance shoes. Perez and Haze married in 2013."

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2014/09/rosie-perez-the-view-hosts-husband-eric-haze-accent/

• Love 3

But I was kind of taken aback by her attack on President Obama over lack of climate change initiatives, when everyone and their uncle know that nothing can be done in Washington about it with the Conservatives in control of the House and in total denial over climate change to begin with!*

It was so reminiscent of a past co-host...lol. I am waiting for the midterm elections and the Presidential campaigns to come around. I have a feeling we're going to have some more deja vu's. It seems to me that being the lone Conservative, she feels she needs to come out punching and be the standard bearer or torch bearer of the often combative and accusatory voice of the Conservatives (not that Liberals have not done the same thing).

*That's what she always does, it's her most annoying shtick, it gets old.  Her method of taking down Obama is to attempt to point out what he hasn't accomplished whilst avoiding the long list of what he has, even under complete Republican obstructionism.

We are 30 days out from the mid-terms, I don't think Nicolle is going to get rabid.  With Ro seemingly muzzled and Whoopi's more Libertarian bent, I wonder if much will really be said at all?  Which is a shame for the Liberal base, because Democrats generally speaking, get hammered in the mid-terms over low turnout and it looks like we could get clobbered again; I sure don't want to lose the Senate.

Not only by what Rosie O said, but that Rosie P responded with "You said it, I didn't".  What the heck is that supposed to mean? (snip)

Same here.  Why the shroud of secrecy?, lol.  But I do find there is a certain level of discomfort there.  Tension almost.  I do miss the relaxed conversations.  (snip)

Nicolle expresses herself very well, but I'm just not convinced yet that the ideas she is expressing are in fact her own. I hope they are, and I regret that I am not a very trusting person.  I'd like to see more of her own ideas expressed during hot topics not dealing with any current politics, but that is difficult due to the Whoopi factor.  (snip)

I was curious too, but I'm hoping that some of the tension and less than personal information in the conversations is somewhat related to just settling into the show, which will probably take a few months.  I'm interested to see how that develops. 

I'm also very interested to see how Nicolle develops over time as well, this is such a new venue for her, I hope that she remains likable and somewhat adorkable through the process, she did take her note from Wendy Williams and did some googling about the RHW characters over the weekend.  I noted that she didn't especially register any shock over the Guidice situation which to me is reprehensible and appalling (the Guidices not that Nicolle didn't register).

p.s. I didn't watch much of it, just read about it here, but I think they were auditions as well...

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 2

I'm usually a regular viewer/DVR'er of the show, but yesterday was the first time I've been able to watch this season aside from the first day.  (Been away from home all summer taking care of a relative, who likes to take a nap at 10am about three feet from the only TV in the house!)  So yesterday I got to watch Hot Topics, and I have to say I was impressed by the direction that the show has taken.  It's just so much more grown up without pandering to what Bill Geddie thought "women wanted," and what Bill Geddie decided he wanted to push as an agenda.  And, sadly, poor failing BaWa didn't add much except another ring to the circus that past couple years.

Now, I can see the point made that it's too impersonal, but I hope as time goes by, and the women become more comfortable with each other, I hope that grows organically.

Just really no comparison with the show that The View had devolved into the past few seasons.

I had wanted to hear what John Leguizamo had to say about working with Keanu Reeves, but unexpected workmen showed up to work in the room with the tv right about that time, so I'm going to have to find it online.

• Love 5
Whoopi keeps referring to the Ebola victim as an American.  He is Liberian

This is making me CRAZY!  She's not the only doing it either, I think I've heard Mika and some of the weekend folks on CNN do the same thing and they are supposed to be news shows.

This didn't happen on the only real unbiased news show PBS Newshour.

• Love 2

Good morning everyone.  

Let's try to stay on-topic today and not get the thread derailed like yesterday.    You can discuss your opinions about the hosts' views expressed on the show; but, remember to be kind to your fellow members when you do so.

Thanks.

Sarah Paulson played Nichole Wallace in the movie Game Change..... it was kinda cool her talking about the roll with Nichole sitting beside her..... and the irony was not lost on either one of them..... it must be kinda like meeting yourself when you go back in time

• Love 2

I need to watch Game Change again now that I know who Nichole is.

I read the book and watched the movie and I can say the reason I don't dislike Nichole Wallace is because she saw Sarah Palin for the opportunistic idiot she is from the very beginning.

• Love 5

Veeeeerrrrryyyy interesting that the conversation about the reasons for the rise of ISIL continued after the commercial break. I've never seen that happen before. Wasn't that the issue around the RO/Whoopi dust up last week? That Whoopi interrupted RO to go to commercial and never let her finish her point?

• Love 4

OMG.... Nichole is bringing up the Syrian red line?? She claims that the "red line" was not enforced and no one pushed back..... they let it stand like it was the truth.

Now it was true that we did not bomb Syria because of the chemical weapons..... instead we made an agreement to demand that Syria get rid of their chemical weapons.... and that was successful.... but because we didn't bomb them the Right wants to promote a weak President.

Ninety-six percent of Syria’s declared chemical weapons destroyed – UN-OPCW mission chief

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=48642#.VDQc3RbYeD8

It seems to me that getting rid of deadly chemical weapons without causing more death and destruction would take the actions of a strong President.

Shame the hosts on The View doesn't seem to get that.

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 6

Veeeeerrrrryyyy interesting that the conversation about the reasons for the rise of ISIL continued after the commercial break. I've never seen that happen before.

I sure don't remember it ever happening, but there are large gaps in my viewing experience with this show.  And though there was disagreement it was not contentious and nasty.  I'm on Biden's side, I wish folks wouldn't write tell all books the minute they leave an administration, and this goes for Hillary Clinton and Leon Panetta, especially since I think Nicolle's political spidey sense (or her attempt once again at undermining Obama a bit) is spot on.  I think Mr. Panetta intends to back Mrs. Clinton for POTUS in 2016.

I need to take back my earlier post I guess, because of course, they brought up the election and Whoopi bragged on her Rock the Vote bit.

I thought it was a lot of fun to see Nicolle and Sarah Paulson together.  I highly enjoyed both the book and the movie, though I really wanted the movie to be the whole story and not so focused on Palin and McCain.  

Finally, darnit, I got spoiled on Betsey Johnson getting the boot last night, I'm a huge fan of hers

eta:

OMG.... Nichole is bringing up the Syrian red line??

Leon Panetta is bringing it up in his book and in his interviews promoting the book.  It sounds like Heilemann and Halperin's (Authors of Game Change) Bloomberg show has already flopped?

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 5

One thing to remember.... I guess you could say we should look forward to it..... but I'd say either January or February of 2015 is when the 2016 election campaign will start.. It is my thought that during that time, we will see the real Nichole Wallace come out to play.

There will be a good chance of fireworks during the upcoming election

Loved how Rosie P bought up how quiet Republicans were regarding the Supreme Court passing on taking up the challenge to gay marriage in certain states. I did notice that Nicolle spun it to seem as though the Republicans were championing gay rights and crediting John Roberts and the ex Bush lawyer in leading the way. She also found a way to pull a Hasselbeck move in bringing up Obama, saying how he "evolved" on the issue (which was incidently 2 years ago) - which seemed to excuse how they are dragging their feet.

Also a HUGE thank you to Rosie O for pushing back on Nicolle for trying to blame the rise of ISIS on Pres. Obama. Rosie bought up how we should not have invaded Iraq in the first place. Nice how Nicolle likes to point fingers at Obama when it was HER BOSS, Pres. George Bush, who got us in this mess.

I'm not sold on Nicolle. Yes, she is a huge step up from Hasselbeck - like mountains huge - but I still don't trust her.

Still loving Rosie P. I like her voice, I love how she brings attention to Latino issues and I like how strong and poised she is. I. just. love. her.

• Love 11

Loved how Rosie P bought up how quiet Republicans were regarding the Supreme Court passing on taking up the challenge to gay marriage in certain states. I did notice that Nicolle spun it to seem as though the Republicans were championing gay rights and crediting John Roberts and the ex Bush lawyer in leading the way. She also found a way to pull a Hasselbeck move in bringing up Obama, saying how he "evolved" on the issue (which was incidently 2 years ago) - which seemed to excuse how they are dragging their feet.

Also a HUGE thank you to Rosie O for pushing back on Nicolle for trying to blame the rise of ISIS on Pres. Obama. Rosie bought up how we should not have invaded Iraq in the first place. Nice how Nicolle likes to point fingers at Obama when it was HER BOSS, Pres. George Bush, who got us in this mess.

I'm not sold on Nicolle. Yes, she is a huge step up from Hasselbeck - like mountains huge - but I still don't trust her.

Still loving Rosie P. I like her voice, I love how she brings attention to Latino issues and I like how strong and poised she is. I. just. love. her.

Nicolle's statement...paraphrasing: "everyone is evolving, including President Obama". I take issue with that. It's sort of a white wash, no ethnic pun intended. First of all, today's Republicans are simply on the wrong side of history, on gay rights, equal pay, climate change, minimum wage, etc.... and still are, might I add. So I take issue with the word "evolving," because I don't see enough of the evolving Conservative voice on these issues at all. Where is she hearing these Conservative voices of evolution?? (again, no pun intended on 'scientific evolution'...lol). Secondly, no one believes Obama was inherently against gay marriage. It was political posturing, because the national climate on marriage equality was not what it is today. It doesn't reflect well on Obama, because it detracts from his image of being the pioneer of change, the main theme of his campaign.

But having said that, I am glad Nicolle is adding her voice to marriage quality (and climate change) on national TV. It is perhaps leading a change in the Conservative tide that is desperately needed.

Edited by bluemosaic
  • Love 7

FYI most people, including Nicolle, don't know that Obama re-evolved on the issue of marriage equality. Check out this article that explains everything about the way Obama has handled the issue. http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/lgbt/Obama-revolves-on-gay-marriage/37724.html

I am glad that Nicolle is socially liberal and states it on national TV.

One of the most difficult thing to find out is a politician's personal views. So often people have an agenda with almost any issue. A good politician will try to stay as close to the middle on any polarizing topic. The article pointed out his public views..... even where he said he "supported civil unions and all the benefits and rights of marriage for LGBT couples"....... but there was nothing about his private views.

It is my belief.... and was at the time too.... that President Obama was in support of gay marriage but it was not politically intelligent to come out with that opinion...... I believe Hillary was in the same predicament.

• Love 5

And another thing regarding Nicolle's spin on the Supreme Court's (in)decision and how she was lauding Robert's as supposedly being aware of his place in history: She fails to mention how he said racism was over (and if anyone actually believes that, do a search for the Cardinals fans confronting people who protesting for Mike Brown) and the court's decision on voting rights. I realize she is trying to boost up Roberts because Bush nominated him but lets be real here.

I was happy Whoopi bought up the voting rights issue when Nicole was all googley eyed over Roberts' though. I don't think she said it clear enough for people to understand but at least she spoke up and I am thankful for that. .

One other thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post: If you have not seen the American Horror story series, run, don't walk to your nearest remote. It is fabulous. When I start watching a particular season (via Netflix), I absolutely can't stop. It's sooo addicting. Jessica Lange (who plays the leading roles)  is so pretty too - not saying that's why it's great, just a sidenote. I can't wait for this next season to be available. I'm drooling.

I am so over hearing about Sarah Palin. Gag.

• Love 7

I heard Nike as well. He's done some limited edition shoes with Nike, among others, before so I just assumed it was a new project that is not open for public discussion yet, hence RP's cya to point out that she didn't blurt it out, RO did.

"Perez is married to Eric Haze, a graffiti artist and designer from New York City who has his own Haze Brand store in the Harajuku neighborhood of Tokyo. He’s designed logos for Public Enemy, EPMD, Delicious Vinyl and MTV, plus some album covers for the Beastie Boys and Tommy Boy Records. Haze also has his own limited edition versions of G-Shock, Nike, and New Balance shoes. Perez and Haze married in 2013."

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2014/09/rosie-perez-the-view-hosts-husband-eric-haze-accent/

Yes, I think he has a contract with Nike, and Rosie P didn't feel comfortable saying that, IOW promoting Nike, but Ro O was perhaps bragging for Rosie P, that her hubby has this important contract.  That's the way I took it.   (Bitsy had no trouble mentioning her Puma days every other week.)

I am liking the show a lot, but I agree that some more personal stories would be good.

I used to hate the celeb interviews because they were just so bad at it, but I for example really enjoyed the JL interview and the Sarah Paulsen one.

• Love 2

Oh my gawd, shut the hell up Whoopi.   I am so tired of listening to her do 80% of the talking (with about 20% of the facts) on this show.  I've been home sick yesterday and today and watched some of The Talk (probably the closest format to this show) and I think Whoopi should watch it too. Julie Chen, professional broadcaster, is the moderator and she lets everyone else do most of the talking.  And she never once squinted into the camera and said, "Hey! What about this?"  

Yes, it was nice that the people in the booth let the ISIS conversation continue over the commercial break but they still felt the need to insert Whoopi's PSA into the middle of it - something I'm sure was already planned but had nothing to do with the current topic except remind us that despite seeming to pull all her stories out of the 1950s and 1960s (Lady Bird Johnson's Beautification of America?  Really? For one thing it was about far more than "flowers on the side of the road."    How about the other 100+ environmental laws that were passed with her advocacy? ) Whoopi is still Super Hip because  Super Hip - Hip Hop Artists are in the same PSA as her.  Whatever Whoopi,   I am completely over you today, ironically the one day you actually wear clothing that fits you. 

I had the same reaction to her telling the audience if we want to help the fight against ebola in West Africa we can see if we have any rubber gloves or masks "laying around the house and send them to these folks"  What?   I'm glad the doctor suggested that sending money to organizations involved would be more useful, although he never answered Rosie P.'s question about the manufacturers of the protective equipment jacking up the prices to make a bigger profit.   I give Nicolle points for acknowledging her mistake last week in saying ebola was curable. 

Loved seeing Sarah Paulson meet Nicolle Wallace!  That had to be surreal for both of them.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 8

I'm glad Whoopi challenged Nicolle about voting rights and the SCOTUS; this, along with women's reproductive rights are two of the main reasons that I will always vote for the Democratic candidate (please oh please oh please not Hillary in 2016!) over my preference of more liberal green candidates, it's about judicial appointments.  We've had some terrible decisions come our way with this Conservative, corporate 5-4 SCOTUS - striking down parts of the voting rights act in Shelby, Hobby Lobby, Citizens United - which is why yesterday was quite a pleasant surprise for me.  Though they may take this back up if one of the district courts decide the other way which would ripen it for a writ, Ginsberg asserted as much a few weeks ago.

Roberts surprised many with his decision where he "upheld" the ACA (he didn't completely, he just didn't roll it) which may inform Nicolle's stance that he understands his place in history, but it's weak.  Ted Olson on the other hand as a true small c conservative has done a lot on the subject of marriage equality; he fought Prop 8 and took it all the way to the Supreme Court.  He's not a hypocrite, you want small government?  Stay the hell out of people's bedrooms.

I have to say this, I'm a bit of a hypocrite about the books from administration officials because I ate up books that were anti-Bush as they came out during his administration, but the timing of Panetta and Clinton's in this administration are just particularly horrible with what's going on with ISIL/Syria/Iraq and upcoming mid-term elections.  These books could have come out 45 days from now and not had as much influence on this election and still start building a case for Clinton in 2016.  I personally think many politicians parse their opinions on lots of things when they are running for office, and my opinion is that both Clinton and Obama did a lot of that in the 2008 primaries in a big way.  Obama, both on civil unions and the individual mandate did a 180, but everyone (Liberals) hated Hillary's AUMF vote.  Now Panetta is throwing out what sounds like Republican Talking Points about Obama militarily... for the good or ill of it - that's politics!

• Love 4

It looked that Nicolle was reassured and RELIEVED that Sarah said nice things to her.  

Can I just say that, as a gay man, I find Rosie Perez to be a total cutie-petutie!! She is absolutely scrumptious!! Love her in that dress today!! Am I in love?? lol!

I adore this post.  :)

• Love 4

Veeeeerrrrryyyy interesting that the conversation about the reasons for the rise of ISIL continued after the commercial break. I've never seen that happen before. Wasn't that the issue around the RO/Whoopi dust up last week? That Whoopi interrupted RO to go to commercial and never let her finish her point?

I don't know if that was the issue, Haleth.  The instance I recall, if that is in fact the instance in question, and I know I could be wrong about this, was that Rosie was not interrupted by Whoopi for the express purpose of going to commercial.  Whoopi interrupted Rosie when Rosie was speaking, long before the need for a commercial break presented itself.  Rosie was not hogging the segment by any means, but tried to briefly make a point that (I feel) was relevant to the topic/conversation.  Whoopi cut her off, then spoke herself, and after that there was the commercial break.  Rosie, if no one else, knows and understands commercial breaks.  Being cut off at a crucial point in the discussion, when they were most certainly not going to commercial break was, understandably, very upsetting for Rosie, who, I believe, has been doing everything she can to not dominate anything, anywhere, since the new season began.  I believe the talk about this (not here) has been very unfair to her.  But I do agree that today, they came back to the topic after commercial break, but not to the actual discussion.  That discussion, by the way, sure got heated quickly.  That's the first time I've actually heard Nicolle raise her voice, she seemed angry quite quickly going into that one.  After the commercial break it softened.  A good thing, perhaps?

Edited by Dreamboat Annie
  • Love 7

I love Rosie O, and I wouldn't be watching if she was not on the show.  Nicolle could leave, and I'd still watch if Rosie was there.  Rosie P, as much as I do like her, could leave, and I'd still watch if Rosie was there.  Whoopi could leave, and I'd still watch, as long as Rosie was there.  But does anyone else wish Rosie, who walks out first, would just walk out, and not walk out putting her face right into the camera, or making some odd gesture toward the camera?  Is it me, or would anyone else like to see her stop that?

That's just a small part of the list I'm forming in my head called "things that are bugging me about this show", lol.  Time for bed.

• Love 8

I love Rosie O, and I wouldn't be watching if she was not on the show.  Nicolle could leave, and I'd still watch if Rosie was there.  Rosie P, as much as I do like her, could leave, and I'd still watch if Rosie was there.  Whoopi could leave, and I'd still watch, as long as Rosie was there.  But does anyone else wish Rosie, who walks out first, would just walk out, and not walk out putting her face right into the camera, or making some odd gesture toward the camera?  Is it me, or would anyone else like to see her stop that?

That's just a small part of the list I'm forming in my head called "things that are bugging me about this show", lol.  Time for bed.

Yaaaas. :P

It's a really aggressive look too!  I can't figure out why, it's almost the same everyday.  I should explain that my perception may be off because I mostly just listen and do not actively watch because I'm working, unless something strikes me and then I wind it back to see.  I have been winding back for the last few shows to see her entrance and I meant to post about this but got too politically pedantic yesterday.  She looks like she wants to pop someone, do you think it might be the song and the line "haters gonna hate hate hate"?

• Love 1

I love Rosie O, and I wouldn't be watching if she was not on the show.  Nicolle could leave, and I'd still watch if Rosie was there.  Rosie P, as much as I do like her, could leave, and I'd still watch if Rosie was there.  Whoopi could leave, and I'd still watch, as long as Rosie was there.  But does anyone else wish Rosie, who walks out first, would just walk out, and not walk out putting her face right into the camera, or making some odd gesture toward the camera?  Is it me, or would anyone else like to see her stop that?

I love Rosie too.  I think it's cute.  I'll take RO walking out anyway, anytime, anyhow.  And I love the way she turns around and offers her hand to help Rosie P. up the steps every day.  I think it is such a sweet gesture.

• Love 1

But does anyone else wish Rosie, who walks out first, would just walk out, and not walk out putting her face right into the camera, or making some odd gesture toward the camera?  Is it me, or would anyone else like to see her stop that?

I like the way Ro walks out!  Gives some energy for the start! 

• Love 2

They were talking about how people "melt" when they meet the President. I gotta say it is kinda real. Back in 1992 I shook hands with Bill Clinton before he was elected. It was a heart in your throat moment.... I didn't get to ask him a question but the guy next to me did while I was shaking his hand. An incredible moment.

I shook hands with President twice.... he has the softest hands..... the first time I was planning in my head to shake hands and say something clever about the upcoming debate.... but of course when it was my turn to shake hands.... I got all flustered and tongue tied and mumbled something sounding like an idiot Im sure. The second time I thought I'd get my book signed...... no chance for the Secret Service to allow me close to him with a pen.... I had to set it down to shake hands.

My brush with greatness

• Love 6

Watching yesterday's show, the discussion about gay marriage. What struck me was that the audience was cheering enthusiastically. And all of the hosts discussed it in terms of equal rights and fairness.
Without bitsy and Sherri, there wasn't any attempt to derail the topic into one of "Christian values" or how ministers will be arrested for not performing gay marriages.
Then the discussion about wars, and Rosie O talking about why other countries might not be supportive of USA 's military intervention. And there was no shrillness about supporting our troops.
There was an acceptance that one can be supportive of military men and women without agreeing with decision-making about war.

I am really impressed with this panel and their commitment and ability for intelligent discussions.

• Love 15

Isn't that just fun.... Marilu Henner comes on the view for another "always discrete" in house commercial...... and it sounds like it is gonna be a weekly thing...... but it was sweet of her and Rosie O explaining that "Men are clueless" 

I came over to the boards to complain about the commercial during the show. I haven’t been watching the show regularly so I didn’t realize that this was a commercial when I started watching it. When I realized I was watching a commercial, I was annoyed and wondering if anyone else felt the same way. I am interested in the topic they were discussing and I wish they would do a series on the problem that is not a commercial. A lot of women are dealing with the problem and judging from all of the commercials on tv about class action suits against the makers of bladder sling, there is a lot of fear of medical interventions. If they really cared about informing women, they would talk boldly and openly about the topic. I want good information from a woman’s issues talk show-not a pretend conversation to sell shit.
That being said, the commercial was not well edited at all.
““..but it was sweet of her and Rosie O explaining that "Men are clueless"
I went back and re-watched the commercial because I had not originally heard this statement (they kind of lost me when I realized I was being tricked). It was difficult to even tell what that comment was referring to because of the editing. I watched it twice and my feeling is that Henner said that regarding men understanding about incontinence-it really wasn’t clear. My general impression is that she meant that a woman is sitting there worried she might pee in her pants a little if she laughs or sneezes and that men are clueless about that. I think that is a true statement.
I am a Women’s Studies major and have studied this issue extensively. We have negative gender stereotypes throughout our culture, but I can guarantee you that women face much more discrimination and have to listen to way more negative messages about their gender than men do. This show, in the past, has contributed to negative stereotypical portrayals of both sexes, and despite being a “women’s show”, still has disparaged women more than men. I am hoping that will change with this new crew.

• Love 3

Inst that just fun.... Marilu Henner comes on the view for another "always discrete" in house commercial...... and it sounds like it is gonna be a weekly thing...... but it was sweet of her and Rosie O explaining that "Men are clueless" 

I just watched this and it was all over the place. They were talking about women talking about sex with each other. Then Marilu mentioned floodgates and said (with her arms crossed) women are like this and men are clueless. Well this woman is clueless too. Marilu irritates the crap out of me! It sure took a while to drop the name of the product though.

• Love 2

Rosie relaying the story of meeting President Obama was cute.

I also liked how Whoopi talked about her mom meeting Pres. Clinton and then Rosie P discussed when her friend met him and said "Oh, now I get it". That was cute. Her meeting Pres. Obama sounded a little awkward though. But I was happy to hear it.

I was a little like T.I. is on? Blech. But then seeing the interview, he comes off as really likeable. Handsome too.

Skipped the Marilou interview thing. Just wasn't interested enough to rewind, maybe I'll go back over it.

Betty Lou was tall. Like, DAYUM, tall. I kept looking at her trying to figure who she looks like. I got a Pink vibe but she looks like someone else that I can't quite place rtight now. I'm not sure that outfit was particularly flattering but I liked the song and she sure as hell can sing. She also came across as very likeable.

Rosie Ps outfit was so cute today.

I half watched the Shark Tank portion (can't stand Mark Cuban, and what was up with his hair?) The stuff they bought was ok but I didn't understand the cake in a tin thing. I'll probably look it up because I'm sure there has to be a point to it that I just can't see.  

A somewhat blah show though. Maybe if I watch it again while it has my full attention I will enjoy it a little more.

Edited to add: OK, I looked up the cakes. It's not necessarily "cake in a tin"; rather it's Daisy Cakes that are shipped in a tin. And man, they look gooooood!

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 4

I'm starting to do other things now after hot topics unless there is a guest I want to see.   Therefore, I missed the Marilu interview/commercial.   Was it a live appearance?  Or something pre-taped from last week?

As I haven't watched The View regularly in years, are these inhouse commercials something they've being doing for a while?

• Love 1
But does anyone else wish Rosie, who walks out first, would just walk out, and not walk out putting her face right into the camera, or making some odd gesture toward the camera?  Is it me, or would anyone else like to see her stop that?

I'd like it to stop right now, Dreamboat Annie.  It's irritating and amateurish.  I picture some 14-year old boy would do it once or twice and then get tired of it.  Still there are people who love it.  I never liked her old "entrance," appearing to be shocked that she's in a studio where there's a live audience.   Her talents are generally lost on me...other than her crafting: I think she's very talented in that aspect.

As for Marilu Henner...I picture this scenario:

Producers:  We have this contract with Always Discreet, a bladder-leakage product aimed at our audience.  Marilu Henner is the spokesperson and we are required to present the commercial as an interview. This will be longer than a normal commercial.

Rosie:   Let me do it!  Let me do it!  I'm an Emmy-award winning show host and interviewer!  I can sit down and talk with anyone about anything and make it interesting and entertaining.  I know Marilu.  She knows me.  We can chat and no one...NO ONE will realize they are seeing a commercial.  Send me in, coach!

Producers: Anyone else have an idea?  Anyone else?

C R I C K E T S . . .

• Love 4

If they have to be doing an Always campaign, I sure as hell wish it was the Like a Girl campaign if they aren't going to  concentrate on issues related to females with incontinence.  For a long time after Ro left, Sherri did a lot of the in-show ads.

I loved the beginning of the show and the stories of meeting the presidents.  Whoopi's mom, Rosie's friend were hilarious about Clinton. We've just a couple days to the end of Mental Illness Awareness week... is this all we're getting?

• Love 5

Rosie O's charm is lost on me too. Guess she used to be a comedian but I haven't found anything funny about her in years. She's just kind of a bully to me. I know she has a lot of die hard fans, I just don't get her.

• Love 4