Type keyword(s) to search

Black Mirror in the Media

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Has anyone read anything anywhere about when Season 4 is slated to air? My life sucks and I need things to look forward to ;)

Not gonna lie, it's funny that you're looking to Black Mirror to brighten your life :D. OF COURSE, I know that's not what you meant, but still, thank you for the giggle. Otherwise, there seemed to be a very long time between seasons 1 and 2, so get ready for a long wait and hopefully we'll all be pleasantly surprised.  

• Love 1
On May 16, 2017 at 0:14 PM, NutMeg said:

Not gonna lie, it's funny that you're looking to Black Mirror to brighten your life :D. OF COURSE, I know that's not what you meant, but still, thank you for the giggle. Otherwise, there seemed to be a very long time between seasons 1 and 2, so get ready for a long wait and hopefully we'll all be pleasantly surprised.  

HAHAHA TOTALLY ... And yeah, when Black Mirror is painting a prettier picture than your current work scenario you know something's wrong ... 

But seriously, folks, my TV watching schedule is way too heavily weighted with a weird mix of all the Bridezilla shows (Say Yes to the Dress, Married at First/Second/Third Sight, etc.) and everything on Investigation Discovery (all the Grave Secrets and Crime to Remember shows, etc.) ... most of the "legit-ish" shows I watch -- Grey's, Americans, and some of the miniseries like Handmaid's Tale, etc. -- are all going into hiatus or almost over. I was turned on to Black Mirror late in the game, right before this last season, so bingewatched all of the episodes at once and as a longtime Twilight Zone fan etc. when I was younger, combined with some amazing performances (Daniel Kaluuya which I can't spell, Malachi Kirby, Gugu and Mackenzie, Bryce Dallas Howard, etc.) I was just gutted by this show. The episodes really made me THINK and that's kind of refreshing ... my brain needs a good restart.

So happy Black Mirror was nominated, and won, because I love this series so much. But I am probably one of the few who did not love San Junipero. Can't put my finger on it... but something just felt off about the relationship between the two women. I liked the premise of the story, but tonally, it didn't work for me. I was totally engrossed in the other episodes, though. I still think White Christmas was one of the best of the series, so far. Can't wait for the new ones.

• Love 3

Same. Black Mirror deserves all the awards, but I didn't love San Junipero, this and Nosedive didn't really feel like Black Mirror - too pastellish, not as raw and both tried to get a sort of happy end in, and lost a bit because of it. They didn't have that dystopic feel of it, and were just expected when you hear "technology dystopia" (okay, Nosedive had the dystopic element, but was even more expected than San Junipero). It was just very literal, and neither shocking nor did the episodes stay with me after I watched them. And the change of heart at the end of San Junipero was sudden and I'm sure I'd have liked it more if they hadn't felt the need to tack a happy end on (and it really felt tacked on).

But even if it wasn't really Black Mirror for me, I'm still glad the show got recognition.

• Love 2

I am so excited for a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure episode. What a blast from the past! I know what I'll be doing next weekend... trying to see every single ending like I did with the books.

Are We Finally Getting a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Black Mirror?

"Netflix already put a page up. It doesn't sport one of those sometimes-neat, sometimes-annoying autoplay trailers, but it confirms that Black Mirror: Bandersnatch is 'A Netflix Film.'"

"Redditors translated the film's Korean description as reading, 'A young programmer makes a fantasy novel into a game. Soon, reality and virtual world are mixed and start to create confusion.' Bandersnatch is listed being directed by David Slade, who helmed last season’s 'Metalhead,' and starring Dunkirk’s Fionn Whitehead.

Most intriguing of all is the incredibly long stated running time: 312 minutes. At more than five hours, that's way too long for a film—but it would make sense as the total runtime of all possible storylines in the rumored choose-your-own adventure feature."

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Cranberry said:

Most intriguing of all is the incredibly long stated running time: 312 minutes. At more than five hours, that's way too long for a film—but it would make sense as the total runtime of all possible storylines in the rumored choose-your-own adventure feature."

I hope we can save scum. It seems like it would take a long time to get through the endings if you have to start over from the beginning.

• Love 1

This sounds so good.

"It took 35 days to shoot Bandersnatch, and it takes approximately 90 minutes to get through one story iteration. There are five main endings with multiple variants of each, replete with Easter eggs throughout."

"Given the mind-boggling number of possible choices, there are more than a trillion unique permutations of Bandersnatch."

"The creators of this episode say choices come, on average, every 1.5 minutes."

"This is a foray into a new world, and each person’s experience with Bandersnatchwill be different. Disparate outcomes, feelings and connections are to be expected. As a part of the story, you can choose what breakfast cereal Stefan eats in the morning, or what music he listens to on the bus. On the heavier side, you have to make weighted, more serious choices that you probably don’t want to make, but you have to for the story to continue. One thing’s for sure, it is very immersive, and a first run-through is exhilarating."

• Love 2
(edited)

Black Mirror Season 5 trailer and information

The new season is debuting June 5th and will be three episodes, most likely do to how long Bandersnatch was.  That's too bad.  It features an a great cast and Miley Cyrus.

Anthony Mackie, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Topher Grace, Damson Idris, Andrew Scott, Nicole Beharie, Pom Klementieff, Angourie Rice, Madison Davenport, and Ludi Lin.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 2
(edited)

Ummm, about that.

Singapore robot enforces safe distancing among park-goers

Now we know how the story starts.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 1