Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

Producer says that Rachel advocated for Gabby to be on Dancing with the Stars (I know there was some discussion of why they chose Gabby but not Rachel):

https://www.etonline.com/why-gabby-windey-was-chosen-for-dancing-with-the-stars-over-rachel-recchia-191008#l8616bizinn8yo5wcjb

Am I the only one who finds it weird that Rachel was having dinner with ABC executive Robert Mills - Senior Vice President, Alternative Series? Was she dining with him alone?🙃

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, DEL901 said:

They better be careful. Last time the girls on a different season were "gifted" a sign that said something similar, they had to do a public apology lol. 

Tino does have such a douchey personality. He says the right things verbally but the expressions on his face and his tone of voice just gives me the ick.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

Producer says that Rachel advocated for Gabby to be on Dancing with the Stars (I know there was some discussion of why they chose Gabby but not Rachel):

https://www.etonline.com/why-gabby-windey-was-chosen-for-dancing-with-the-stars-over-rachel-recchia-191008#l8616bizinn8yo5wcjb

I find it hard to believe that producers would take the advice for a casting decision from a lead on a reality show.  I also find it hard to believe that Rachael would advocate for someone not named Rachael.  Maybe I'm just too cynical, or maybe not...

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Gabby killed it tonight on Dancing With the Stars. 

Yes she did!😁

Did you see who was in the audience to support her?
Rachel! She was sitting with Val's wife Jenna.
I didn't see any sign of Erich.🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Yes she did!😁

Did you see who was in the audience to support her?
Rachel! She was sitting with Val's wife Jenna.
I didn't see any sign of Erich.🤷🏻‍♀️

Correct me if I’m wrong, because I haven’t paid too close attention to this season, but isn’t there still a final episode this week? As in the season hasn’t completely ended? So even if she and Erich are together, it makes sense he wasn’t in the audience to support her, as to not spoil the finale. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, because I haven’t paid too close attention to this season, but isn’t there still a final episode this week? As in the season hasn’t completely ended? So even if she and Erich are together, it makes sense he wasn’t in the audience to support her, as to not spoil the finale. 

Yes there is one more episode tonight. I mentioned that in one of the other threads - that DWTS could potentially expose Gabby's ending since it started before Bach ended. It doesn't seem to have done so however. I'm glad the Bach will finally be over tonight!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Edited by Melonie77
  • Love 4
On 9/19/2022 at 9:51 PM, funnygirl said:

Gabby killed it tonight on Dancing With the Stars. 

She's a professional NFL cheerleader (Denver Broncos), i.e., high-level athlete in a sport similar to gymnastics. Left it and nursing job recently. Not fair to cast her, who else would have a chance?  

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Tuneful said:

She's a professional NFL cheerleader (Denver Broncos), i.e., high-level athlete in a sport similar to gymnastics. Left it and nursing job recently. Not fair to cast her, who else would have a chance?  

DWTS has had a long history of "ringers," e.g. Olympic gymnasts, pop singers who perform choreographed routines as part of their shows, actors from dance-heavy TV-shows/movies, etc. And they've had former Bachelorette Trista Sutter, who had been a Miami Heat dancer, and former Bachelor contestant Melissa Rycroft, who had been a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader.

• Love 9

I love that Gabby said she and Erich practice her dance routines together and she’s impressed by his dance skills. I’m glad he’s actively supporting her and more goofy bonding time for them. I love them together and want them to work. Don’t fuck it up, kids!

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 7
On 9/22/2022 at 6:16 PM, Tuneful said:

The TikTok girl partnered with Mark is a super ringer and she has a big following on SM. I hope she doesn't knock out other more interesting dancers. TikTok Chick is allegedly a highly experienced dancer.
I prefer watching improvement and growth in the cast members.
I appreciate a Gabby type of cast member - someone who has some dance skills but is unfamiliar with ballroom dancing. At least we know we'll see good dancing from her.
I also appreciate watching those who have to overcome a struggle of some sort like deafness and MS or older age as in Cheryl Ladd who is in her 70s and yet looks terrific!😁

• Love 8
13 hours ago, phlebas said:

https://www.etonline.com/clayton-echard-and-susie-evans-split-6-months-after-the-bachelor-finale-191472

I hope this doesn't shock anyone so badly they hurt themselves.  Breathe into a paper bag if you must.

Wow, that was an incredibly unnecessarily dramatic statement they issued to their "communities." They're a pair of 20somethings who went on a reality show, why is their breakup statement on the level of Brad and Angelina?

Also, I find it interesting that they made their breakup official the minute there were confirmed new Bachelor Nation "villains" in Rachel and Tino. I guess all the attention (I'm sure mostly negative) is going to Rachel and Tino's pages and the shared purpose Clayton/Susie had of sticking it to the haters was well and truly over.

• Applause 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ljenkins782 said:

Wow, that was an incredibly unnecessarily dramatic statement they issued to their "communities." They're a pair of 20somethings who went on a reality show, why is their breakup statement on the level of Brad and Angelina?

Also, I find it interesting that they made their breakup official the minute there were confirmed new Bachelor Nation "villains" in Rachel and Tino. I guess all the attention (I'm sure mostly negative) is going to Rachel and Tino's pages and the shared purpose Clayton/Susie had of sticking it to the haters was well and truly over.

Or maybe Clay-Taur is signaling to Rachel that he's available.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Clare is engaged, to someone who's not part of the "Bachelor Family." Let's hope it works for her this time around. This is at least her third engagement, that I know of.

Clare is a mystery to me. She is so pretty, which is what guys want, a hot blonde, yet she is still single. I hope this guy she is engaged to now will treat her right so she can have some peace, and a child if she wants one.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

Clare is a mystery to me. She is so pretty, which is what guys want, a hot blonde, yet she is still single. I hope this guy she is engaged to now will treat her right so she can have some peace, and a child if she wants one.

It's not just how her fiance treats her, but how she treats him as well.  I hope that she has been able to deal with her issues and is now ready for a committed relationship.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

It's not just how her fiance treats her, but how she treats him as well.  I hope that she has been able to deal with her issues and is now ready for a committed relationship.

Yes, she is high-maintenance, seems like it. I hope they both have what they want.

So have gabby and Erich split already? Apparently she stopped wearing her ring on DWTS and Erich has been absent in the audience for a couple weeks. Darn it, I liked them together. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, dizzyd said:

So have gabby and Erich split already? Apparently she stopped wearing her ring on DWTS and Erich has been absent in the audience for a couple weeks. Darn it, I liked them together. 

It's weird about her ring but I don't think they have broken up....
Gabby talks about him in reference to her dance this week here in this article:

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/gabby-windey-its-weird-getting-sexy-with-val-on-dwts/

And he posted this week on SM calling for people to vote for her.

I hope all is ok with them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, dizzyd said:

I noticed he was missing from the audience too but would a break up have caused him to miss a show from one day to the next? Last week when they did two nights of dancing I remember Erich was there with Rachel on Monday night but did NOT show up on Tuesday for the Prom night theme. With her being so busy w/ rehearsals I can't imagine them even having time to break up nor for it to affect his attendance within 24 hours. He was missing again this week so that's 2 performances he missed but only within the space of one week. I'm trying to make sense of his absences....maybe he got a new job? If he is not there again next week I hope she tells us why otherwise the rumors will intensify. They've already made it to the tabloids.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

It’s official…

https://people.com/tv/bachelorette-gabby-windey-erich-schwer-split/

eta…double Bachelorettes is officially a total bust with one couple not making it to the finale and the other not making it to the end of DWTS.  

Both of these girls were so obsessed with getting engaged and wouldn’t accept any less , yet look at them now . There’s something to be said about the people on this show NOT getting engaged and actually just dating after the show and letting a relationship build . It’s such a joke already  

• Like 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

It’s official…

eta…double Bachelorettes is officially a total bust with one couple not making it to the finale and the other not making it to the end of DWTS.  

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that the reason for the breakup is Gabby starting something with one of her DWTS costars - perhaps Vinny or Trevor - or one of the male pros who's still single. If it's true, it won't be announced until the season has finished airing.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2

I always thought that the engagement was half hearted and that tptb persuaded Gabby and Erich to at least pretend for a few months since Rachel and Tino went bust before the finale and they wanted at least one “happy” couple.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 4

So not a surprise. The whole season was a trainwreck. As mentioned above, both Gabby and Rachel seemed more into an ending with literally any engagement than an actual relationship.  And the producers certainly did them wrong, all season long.

Both should run fast and furious away from this franchise.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, DEL901 said:

It’s official…

I'm surprised they allowed this to be confirmed before the end of DWTS. I guess they will be forced to mention the break-up on the show now.
I think they were having problems over the 'secrets' that came out about Erich. Gabby may have accepted them but people on SM were harassing her a lot and questioning her for staying with someone these strangers decided was racist due to the fact that he dressed as Jimi Hendrix in high school and because an old photo of him turned up with a couple of friends wearing Trump hats. I saw tweets from people saying they would not vote for her on dwts because of this.🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm also surprised at the abruptness of his disappearance. During the week they had two night  performances, Erich was in the audience on Monday but vanished by the next night on Tuesday.

Edited by Melonie77
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that the reason for the breakup is Gabby starting something with one of her DWTS costars - perhaps Vinny or Trevor - or one of the male pros who's still single. If it's true, it won't be announced until the season has finished airing.

I noticed when they picked teams for Halloween group dances, Vinnie picked Gabby first and I think he mentioned something about them having become friends. Erich is so much better looking than Vinnie, I can't imagine Gabby even looking in V's direction. Trevor is hot but I don't know if he's single.

On 11/4/2022 at 8:45 PM, DEL901 said:

I always thought that the engagement was half hearted and that tptb persuaded Gabby and Erich to at least pretend for a few months since Rachel and Tino went bust before the finale and they wanted at least one “happy” couple.  

Agreed that it was a bit half-hearted. They played along and gave the show its happy ending, but Gabby's got new opportunities and she's still young, I can see her not wanting to make permanent choices just because of a 6 week television show.

It's got to frost Rachel's buns though, Gabby lived out her dream exactly, lol. she got the ring, the happy ending, DWTS and whatever's next. Rachel's a footnote already.

• Love 1
On 11/4/2022 at 4:14 PM, DEL901 said:

It’s official…

I understand that the show runners only care about drama and do not care at all if the women find love, but the double Bachelortette formula had no way of standing a chance, had no way of being a good situation for romance to happen.  I get that they don't care, but to make it this blatantly obvious to the audience?  I find it so cynical and shameless.

• Love 2

People’s Choice awards were last night.  I haven’t watched, but saw a photo of Rachel there.   This morning was was looking at the list of nominees.  Gabby was nominated, but not Rachel (Competition Contestant ).  FYI, winner was Selma Blair. 

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 2
On 1/4/2023 at 6:39 PM, DEL901 said:

Hannah is doing very well on this show. And this is the best I've liked her. She does the task, sometimes passes, sometimes fails, never whines.

The cast is a mix of pro athletes, Olympians, and reality star folks.

Forgot to add last night Hannah was excused from the tear gas challenge because her asthma, so she had a replacement challenge.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Hannah is doing very well on this show. And this is the best I've liked her. She does the task, sometimes passes, sometimes fails, never whines.

The cast is a mix of pro athletes, Olympians, and reality star folks.

Forgot to add last night Hannah was excused from the tear gas challenge because her asthma, so she had a replacement challenge.

Okay. You really made me do a double-take there having to go to the quoted post. I was like, damn, as if the football and wrestling-type dates weren’t bad enough, now there’s a date where they get sprayed with tear gas?!?

• LOL 4
12 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Okay. You really made me do a double-take there having to go to the quoted post. I was like, damn, as if the football and wrestling-type dates weren’t bad enough, now there’s a date where they get sprayed with tear gas?!?

Bachelorette:  Extreme Edition. 

• LOL 4
On 12/7/2022 at 6:25 AM, DEL901 said:

People’s Choice awards were last night.  I haven’t watched, but saw a photo of Rachel there.   This morning was was looking at the list of nominees.  Gabby was nominated, but not Rachel (Competition Contestant ).  FYI, winner was Selma Blair. 

I just read in the DWTS forum that Gabby has been asked to co-host the DWTS tour.

For a double lead season, one lead sure did emerge with the lion's share. She got the "happy ending" on the show (however short-lived), got the DWTS gig, the People's Choice nomination, and now a co-hosting gig.

• Like 5