Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Not surprised, but still sad to see Charles and Gary go. Please send them to Golden Paradise so we can see more of them! (I won't let this show idea go!!)

Would Golden Paradise be like Love Island, AARP edition? If so, I agree.

Was Joan using that juicer incorrectly? She was pressing the convex side of the juicer against the (convex) whole lemon.  

• Like 3
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Was Joan using that juicer incorrectly? She was pressing the convex side of the juicer against the (convex) whole lemon.

I noticed that, too.  She definitely had things upside down!

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

I thought this was the Golden Bachelorette thread not the Wayne Newton, Kenny Rodgers plastic surgery/ “I had a hip replacement and…” thread. Scrolling though so many irrelevant posts….

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I don't care that much for Jonathan, he looks good for his age but I feel like at the prom date and his one on one date he went for a sympathy rose by telling his issues. 

I don’t care for him either, I agree he’s going for the sympathy. And eww on the golden underwear.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I'm shocked that he came back at all, let alone so soon. Someone remind me what's Chock's relationship status? I don't recall him being widowed and he doesn't talk about any children. Was he a lifelong bachelor?

Maybe he’s a player.  Man, the way he grabbed her for a hug and kiss was cringy.  I would not be able to kiss all those guys like she did.  Who knows where they have been and what they have done.  Where’s the antiseptic ??????????

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

I hope everyone noticed that at some point last night someone (I forget who) was showing Pascal how to do laundry!  Maybe since Gary left, he is doing it himself.  Change is possible!!

I liked him last night.  He is a gentleman, and Joan expressing consternation that he wasn't being more affectionate in group situations was interesting.

Chock definitely looks old, but so does Joan.  She looks much older than Jonathan, who is aggressively YOUNG and whose stripping prowess was a bit overwhelming.  I thought Mark was sexier.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I don't like Chock. He seems like he's stifling his personality quite a bit. Of course the guys are going to present themselves as great guys, but for Chock - is he really like this? There is way more under there that I'm not seeing. I can kind of figure out the rest of the guys but Chock just doesn't seem real.

He came running back real soon after his mom's passing, like others have said.

I'd be so disappointed if Joan chose him. I don't find him attractive in any way and his personality is a bit off to me. I was sorry to see Dan go; he was a sweet guy. Charles? Not so much. He's sweet but I can't imagine him having chemistry with too many women. The love of his life was his wife and no one will ever, ever measure up to her.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Breedom said:

I don't like Chock. He seems like he's stifling his personality quite a bit.

I don't dislike Chock and--not only don't I watch each episode...I fast-forward through what I do watch.  For me, he's a smooth salesman. He can sell anything: cars, stocks, timeshares, and (of course) himself.  He's been successful enough financially that any sleeze slipped away some years ago. I think he's been an actor all his life.  Like Golden Bachelor Gerry, we may not know the details until it's too late. Maybe he'll stumble a bit and he won't be chosen.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Alexander Pope said:

I hope everyone noticed that at some point last night someone (I forget who) was showing Pascal how to do laundry!  Maybe since Gregg left, he is doing it himself.  Change is possible!!

I liked him last night.  He is a gentleman, and Joan expressing consternation that he wasn't being more affectionate in group situations was interesting.

Chock definitely looks old, but so does Joan.  She looks much older than Jonathan, who is aggressively YOUNG and whose stripping prowess was a bit overwhelming.  I thought Mark was sexier.

I noticed that, too. But then, I still have to wonder how he managed to clean his clothing when he had cardboard in his shoe. 

I liked Pascal more this episode, when he said that he didn’t want to be more aggressive, in a group setting. Finally, I could relate to him. 

Jonathan looks good for his age, but I thought CK looked even better and was more charismatic. 

I would not feel comfortable kissing so many different men, with tongue! And, guys, please. If the camera captures tongue action, you need to rein it in.

But I will admit, I am a bit uptight. 

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I would not feel comfortable kissing so many different men, with tongue! And, guys, please. If the camera captures tongue action, you need to rein it in.

Production was probably egging them on, "More TONGUE, guys. This isn't 1955.  We need GOOD TV!  Yes, yes, yes!  More tongue! and don't forget the word 'love.'"

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
6 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Production was probably egging them on, "More TONGUE, guys. This isn't 1955.  We need GOOD TV!  Yes, yes, yes!  More tongue! and don't forget the word 'love.'"

I was actually surprised when I did see tongue! most of the time she kisses like a guppy!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

Hi everyone, 

just dropping in to let you know that the off-topic posts have been moved to the Small Talk thread. 

While thread-drift is natural and happens, out of respect for your fellow posters, kindly move the discussion to the appropriate thread if you realize a conversation is off-topic and/or a fellow member points you in the right direction. 

Thank you. 

• Thanks 6

Someone in production needs to put a post-it on the cameras: “No behind the head shots on Joan”. When the camera was behind her at the rose ceremony, you could clearly see her natural hair which is barely shoulder length. It really highlights the extensions. I get it, post menopausal women can definitely experience hair thinning. I sure did. But it’s jarring to see the sausage being made at that angle.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4

Well blurg. Clearly Chock is the front runner, dead mother or no. Something about him gives me the creeps. It's the Payton Manning accent or something. He seems very pushy. "You go first". "Tell me about that ring". Pulling her in to stick his tongue in her mouth. I don't read spoilers but he seems like the horse to beat at this point. How is Kansas to Maryland going to work?!???

Another one I can't stand is Jonathan. I just knew he was going full send on this striptease and he did not disappoint (unfortunately). The only one that stripped down to his golden bikini and then giving them to Joan as a gift??! Yuck. His stories are always so sad sack, but his bravado and wardrobe says different. 

I was howling at Gary and Charles during the strip tease. Hilarious! I am going to miss them. Loved all the guys coming out during the goodbye. The best part of these Golden shows is the camaraderie between the housemates. I loved when Charles said he did find love, just not with Joan. Too cute!!!!!!!

Why would you send sixty-year-olds to ice skate? That seems dangerous!!! I am only 52, but I fractured my wrist in my thirties and I would never ice or roller skate now - one fall and my arm is back in a brace! I like Jordan - he seemed like an over talker in earlier episodes, but he was more chill here. 

Keith did himself zero favors in that graphic strip tease and the flop sweat conflab on the blanket, but the first impression rose looms large...

Pascal was the least annoying this he has been this episode. A serious conversation and doing his own laundry!

I am still on the Guy train, but unfortunately I don't think Joan is.......

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I'm shocked that he came back at all, let alone so soon. Someone remind me what's Chock's relationship status? I don't recall him being widowed and he doesn't talk about any children. Was he a lifelong bachelor?

He is divorced with two kids. After his divorce he met a woman and they dated for nine years but they didn't marry. She died of brain cancer.

• Useful 3

I would totally watch just a show where all of the guys just hang out having fun together, I am so much more invested in their bromances than in their dates with Joan. I still feel like Joan isn't totally invested in this, it always feels like she's holding back or reading from a script, but the interactions between the guys feel so warm and genuine.  

Chock is definitely a front runner, he even came back right after his mom died. Was he even gone long enough to be at the funeral? Joan is super into him but he's not one of my top choices, he seems a bit too smooth. On the other hand, he and Joan both tend to feel like they're reading off off cue cards right offscreen, so they might be a perfect match. 

Awww Charles found love again, what he truly needed was a bromance! I am glad that Charles was sent home, he's so clearly not ready for romance and he and Joan have no romantic chemistry, but I really hope that this was a good experience for him. Gary was also clearly in the friend zone and was ready to go home, but he seems like a good guy and I hope he had a good time here. 

Almost all of the men I have liked the most are leaving, typical. 

I always find the strip tease dates to be super cringe, but at least most of the guys were just goofing around having fun, not like how in Bachelor how they are sort of expected to be kinda "sexy" no matter how weird it is. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

I would totally watch just a show where all of the guys just hang out having fun together, I am so much more invested in their bromances than in their dates with Joan.

Same! I felt like that about the women last season too. Maybe they need a Bachelor in Paradise like show now so we can see them all hanging out together? I just don't need to see Jonathan in a bikini ever again.........

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Pulling her in to stick his tongue in her mouth. I

I didn't notice that. With Chock, that is so unappetizing. I am cringing at the thought. He just has a look and demeanor about him that completely turns me off.

4 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

Someone in production needs to put a post-it on the cameras: “No behind the head shots on Joan”. When the camera was behind her at the rose ceremony, you could clearly see her natural hair which is barely shoulder length. It really highlights the extensions.

Not loving that hair. Why not have something shorter, cuter, shiny and bouncy. The long blond thing seems to be done quite a lot.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I guess it's possible that Chock's mother was cremated and they are going to have a memorial service or funeral at a later date. Who knows.

I agree about Joan's hair.  It looks terrible in the back, matted and like it has been over-sprayed.  I think it would look better if it were about two or three inches shorter.

Her comment that her kids are the "center of her life."  They're all adults, right?  Don't get me wrong, your kids are important to you no matter what age they are, but once they have their own lives, you can't continue to make them your center. Could be she is just making the comment without literally meaning it.

Finally, in the promos where she says that having a relationship with another man might not be honoring her husband's memory. (So I guess the alternative is to stay single as an homage to your dead husband.) Honey, this is the second dating show you have participated in.  I would think you would have sorted that out by now.  She seems to have some issues and might benefit from some therapy.

• Like 8
  • Applause 9
4 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Why would you send sixty-year-olds to ice skate? That seems dangerous!!! I am only 52, but I fractured my wrist in my thirties and I would never ice or roller skate now - one fall and my arm is back in a brace!

Maybe neither of them has a history of fractured wrists. 

Joan didn't have much trouble ice skating, and they were both heavily/appropriately armored, so I don't see the big deal. 

Actually, I have a history of a broken wrist, when I was in my 30s.  Stuck my arm out when I fell backwards while snowboarding.  It broke my fall, as intended, but also my wrist, as not intended.

I took up rollerblading a few years after that, and still do it, at 67.  People in their 60s are highly variable in their abilities. 

And speaking of abilities, I hope this video link works (it won't imbed)--some of the guys doing a synchronized swimming routine in the Bachelor mansion pool.

https://abc.com/video/c9750f25-f022-45fb-87a6-69df91f9e950/playlist/PL557769560

They're a hoot.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I know I'm in the minority here, but I like Chock for Joan.  They have crazy chemistry together, more than I've seen with anyone else.  Of course if he turns out to be a psycho I will deny ever having said this!  

Come on ABC and The Bachelor/Bachelorette producers... we need the Golden Paradise show!  

• Like 3
(edited)

That synchronized swimming bit was great!

It seems like these guys have been healing each other’s emotional wounds. The camaraderie feels more authentic than anything they have with Joan.

ETA: I really, really, really wanted to hear Gary discussing how Tina Turner came to be his godmother! Maybe he’ll talk about it now that he’s off the show?

Edited by Arkay
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Pascal was the least annoying he has been this episode. A serious conversation and doing his own laundry!

I am still on the Guy train, but, unfortunately, I don't think Joan is.......

Yes, I liked how Pascal realizes so many men competing for one-on-one time with Joan might not always be welcome. It’s pressure, and she’s too nice to tell anyone to back off.

I, too, bought a round-trip ticket on the Guy Train. Joan seemed disappointed that his zesting skillz were subpar. It’s the easiest thing to learn, Joan! Give him a little more time.

Chock should be able to refer to Joan as something more substantial than “a pretty lady” at this point, I’d think. 

I agree that Joan would look amazing with a shorter haircut. And they should know not to film her from the back. But (and I know nothing about extensions), if they insist on filming her from the back, can’t they just add more extensions back there?

Golly, Quaker Oats and Cheerios. What do they promote during the younger Bachelor/Bachelorette shows?

• Like 6

I read Mark is on there as a producer plant, they don't want Joan picking him because they are setting him up to be the next Golden Bachelor. That's not a fact, just a theory I have read but it makes sense. The funny thing is that Charles L (and Gary) seemed to win the viewers hearts instead.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
18 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Her comment that her kids are the "center of her life."  They're all adults, right?  Don't get me wrong, your kids are important to you no matter what age they are, but once they have their own lives, you can't continue to make them your center.

True, kids are a big part of a parent's life. But is this really her reason for being? I can't imagine bombarding my kids with my neediness, checking in constantly. They have their own lives, and they'd probably hate me for constantly being in their back pocket. Maybe she just has those Sunday dinners and connecting here and there. I do like the family getting together for Sunday dinner, though. Just don't overdo it.

• Like 6
20 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Do they not check these people out? 

Yikes! And he seemed like a good guy, besides being a doctor he was so kind to Charles and to Kim.

• Like 8
Just now, Arkay said:

Yikes! And he seemed like a good guy, besides being a doctor he was so kind to Charles and to Kim.

You just never know. I worked with someone older, who seemed like a stable and intelligent woman. I met her adult daughters who were very nice. She was seeing what everyone thought was a nice man. All of a sudden, she started to not show up to work, not even calling in too many times. Finally, she was let go. What I found out after that! And the mugshot and arrest record for disorderly conduct and illegal marijuana possession were very eye opening. 

• Mind Blown 6
18 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Joan didn't have much trouble ice skating, and they were both heavily/appropriately armored, so I don't see the big deal. 

I don't think Jordan would have done that in any other circumstances. He fell once and Joan literally pulled him around like a small child. I also think a "winter wonderland" theme in Malibu is weird, but I frequently think they send these people on ridiculous outings, so maybe it's just me.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I don't think Jordan would have done that [ice skated] in any other circumstances.

I'm positive he wouldn't have done that in any other circumstances. 

The whole thing was stupid.  Were they even at an ice rink?  Or did they really only have a route of about 50 feet, in a circle with clutter all around, to skate?

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, sauce62 said:

First it was Gil. Now turns out Guy (the doctor) his ex wife had a restraining order against him. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/golden-bachelorettes-guy-addresses-ex-wifes-restraining-order/

Too often restraining orders are withdrawn when the "victim" discovers she (it's usually a she) will suffer financial hardship in a divorce: property settlement, possible alimony, etc.  Too often!

• Like 1
On 10/10/2024 at 3:23 PM, tennisgurl said:

I always find the strip tease dates to be super cringe, but at least most of the guys were just goofing around having fun, not like how in Bachelor how they are sort of expected to be kinda "sexy" no matter how weird it is. 

Agree and it was for a good cause, except that in Jonathan’s case he appeared to be auditioning for Golden Chippendales!

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I also think a "winter wonderland" theme in Malibu is weird, but I frequently think they send these people on ridiculous outings, so maybe it's just me.

Some of these excursions were adventurous and fun, like the flight thing with Pascal. And then, was it Gary who just got the cooking lesson?

• Like 4
On 10/10/2024 at 12:16 PM, Breedom said:

I don't like Chock. He seems like he's stifling his personality quite a bit. Of course the guys are going to present themselves as great guys, but for Chock - is he really like this? There is way more under there that I'm not seeing. I can kind of figure out the rest of the guys but Chock just doesn't seem real.

He came running back real soon after his mom's passing, like others have said.

I'd be so disappointed if Joan chose him. I don't find him attractive in any way and his personality is a bit off to me. I was sorry to see Dan go; he was a sweet guy. Charles? Not so much. He's sweet but I can't imagine him having chemistry with too many women. The love of his life was his wife and no one will ever, ever measure up to her.

I don’t know why Joan is on in the first place.  She doesn’t have much to say ever, exceptshe loves her kids and late husband.  All she does is console all he men and hug them.  The hair is too long and the cosmetic surgery for her age was unnecessary.  She are each man seem special.  That was not right.  I feel bad for all the men.  They were duped.  Joan loves herself.  I don’t get the family dinner every Sunday.  I have 3 kids.  The weekends are busy with sports, parties, etc.  we leave them alone.  Catching up on the phone is enough.  Let them enjoy their kids and activities.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

I'm way more invested in the friendships that the men have formed than any connections that are happening with Joan. The Chippendales routines were so much fun- loved Charles L as the Hawaiian vacation flasher and Dan as the pirate! Am I alone in appreciating Jonathan in a gold speedo?! 😅 And let's give some love to Gary busting out that belly! I'm going to miss Gary's laugh- he has such a great laugh! The men are all such great sports, and I really hope that there can be a Golden Bachelor in Paradise- maybe George Hamilton can be the host 😉🙌

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I, too, love the friendships the men have formed.

One of the secrets about adulthood is how hard it is to find true friends.  

Women form friendships easier than men because women talk to each other about life issues, whereas men tend to focus their conversations on surface-level topics.  

This venue has provided the men with the all-clear to discuss deeper issues, vent to each other, and literally cry in front of one another.

I do hope we see a "Men of Golden Bachelorette Reunion" trip!

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2

I’m watching again with a different view.  I love all the men.  They picked very well.  Joan listens and that’s what they love.  A woman who listens.  Plus, she makes them feel special.  She hugs them all and makes them feel special.  That long hair has to go.  Is that a wig or extensions.  They are all mesmerized by her.  I wish all the men would do some kind of show as they were all great.  I was very sorry to see them go.

• Like 6
28 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I feel like the men are processing their losses and grief with each other and it is helping them heal. I think it is beautiful.

That’s the best part of this season!

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Like 7
  • Love 1