Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I’ve forgotten (or we haven’t heard) Pascal’s backstory, but how does someone get that far in life without knowing how to do laundry or make coffee? Does he have a full staff in his home? Or, maybe more likely, is this strategic incompetence?  Either way, I hope someone gives Joan a heads up. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

I didn't read the Spoilers so I honestly don't know who she ends up with.

Charles L and Gary are sweethearts but are in the Friend Zone. I thought I would like Mark more but he hasn't impressed me much yet. I am warming up to the doctor, but I am leery of him being too busy with his job. I felt bad for Gregg tearing up his leg and then not getting the time of day from Joan. Jonathan seems a bit needy and has young kids yet, I think Joan wants somebody she feels protected by which is good for Chock (he seems older than 60 to me).

• Like 7
(edited)

Joan loves Disneyland AND Las Vegas? Does she love the DMV, too?

Maybe Pascal is from Chicago and fakes a convincing French accent. I can’t imagine a man who was actually born in France squealing with joy over the Paris facsimiles in Vegas.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
12 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

I hate the dress Joan is wearing on the Pascal date. Puffy shoulders? It just looks dated in all the wrong ways. 

It looks too young for her.  I had a catty thought last night.  When she left the mansion to help her daughter, she came back with new plastic surgery.  Overdoing it a bit?  She’s had more kisses with Pascal in one night than I had my whole marriage.

• LOL 12

Production should never had the men running around the field.  They could have easily fallen, broke a hip or two, or something worse.  Production must be young and don’t know the ropes of seniors.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

I liked Pascal better after hearing his back story--he grew up poor, is completely self-made.  That takes strength and resilience--I give him props.  And it explains his love of nice clothes and general materialism, refusal to to chores, etc.  But do we know what happened to his wife?  They didn't discuss it at dinner.  Is he divorced? did I miss something?

• Like 6

Sorry to see the Captain go - he seemed very capable (fixing the sink).  Don't want  to see Gerry ever, but they keep rolling him out.  Enjoy the men interacting more than the "dates".  Do they ever talk about jobs, hobbies, interests?  Or only their late spouses?  Seems odd.  I'm widowed too, but most of these people (including Joan) are not ready for a new committment.  Maybe "dating", but not marriage.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

Sorry to see the Captain go - he seemed very capable (fixing the sink).  Don't want  to see Gerry ever, but they keep rolling him out.  Enjoy the men interacting more than the "dates".  Do they ever talk about jobs, hobbies, interests?  Or only their late spouses?  Seems odd.  I'm widowed too, but most of these people (including Joan) are not ready for a new committment.  Maybe "dating", but not marriage.

Kind of like on the Golden Bachelor. I wanted to see more of the women! 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Maybe Pascal is from Chicago and fakes a convincing French accent. I can’t imagine a man who was actually born in France squealing with joy over the Paris facsimiles in Vegas.

I literally thought the same thing. Any moment Pascal is going to slip and his real Chicago accent is going to come out! But then he gave his sad backstory. I agree with @Alexander Pope that suddenly his pompousness for “the finer things in life” makes a bit more sense. Though I’m worried that it seems like an emotional house of cards. However, I guess he made it through 69 years of life okay. Speaking of which, he looks great for his age! I’m 50 and he looks better than a lot of guys my age, but I suppose he’s a walking billboard for his medi-spa treatments.

Jonathan’s avocado green and harvest gold floral shirt was an exact replica of my childhood kitchen wallpaper! Wow. That really brought it all back.

I would watch a show with Charles and Gary just out running errands and thinking of kind gestures for the guys. Unlike Kim whose “song for the mansion men” did not hit the mark. The looks on all of their faces! Leave it to Gary to be diplomatic that this is really his song from the heart. The ER doc was the only one willing to sing along with him! Whelp, y’all better hope the garbage disposal doesn’t break again! Also, I think Pascal’s laundry guy got the boot, too? Surely, this man did his own laundry somewhere between arriving in America with cardboard in his shoe and his salon taking off? 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Jonathan’s avocado green and harvest gold floral shirt was an exact replica of my childhood kitchen wallpaper!

OMG I said the exact same thing! I am sorry, but the giant chest/neck tattoo, 70's wallpaper shirt unbuttoned down to his navel, the jeggings and necklace - I would have sent him home just for that outfit. This is a sixty-something year-old man dressing like this unironically. Just no.

I am starting to wonder about her taste in men. Let's just look at this: she gave roses to:

1. A man with an insane neck tattoo

2. A man with a restraining order

3. A grieving widow carrying around not just a photo of him and his dead wife, but a FRAMED PHOTO of him and his dead wife! Does Charles understand why he's on this show? Is he sleeping in his bunk with that photo next to him? And she gave him a rose!!!!?!?

Gary is a treasure. I love him. But she is not his person. Maybe his new best friend though. I would love him as the next Golden Bachelor. So sweet!

Chock sounds like Payton Manning or a televangelist or something. It's a turn off for me. Ditto Pascal. He seems like a cheesy phony. And do the producers pick who get one on one dates? Because you just know somebody at ABC thought it would be so fun to send the French guy to "The Paris" in Vegas.....

I don't think he's gotten much screen time, but I am pulling for Guy. He was very sensitive to Charles asking about his wife, he was funny stripping down for his massage and even humored Kim with his stupid song. His teeth are a little too perfect, but maybe that's fine for a woman who looks as plastic as Joan does. Plus, he seems adventurous and has one of the jobs that could relocate, or at least he has the money to fly to Maryland often. Plus he lives in Nevada and Joan "loves" Vegas! 🤣

Edited by Ilovepie
  • Like 13
  • Applause 1

Gregg left so Pascal will have to find a new guy to do his laundry.  I think Pascal is a bit too much.  Joan seems to really like him.  I would be very suspicious of him.  

I guess they could not edit Gil out this week.  But I freak every time I see him and wonder why the show can't do better background checks.

I really wonder if Joan was ready to be the Golden Bachelorette.  

Gerry needs to stay away.  I do not want to see him again. He is the last one that should be giving out relationship advice.   

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

Let's just look at this: she gave a rose to men with an insane neck tattoo, a restraining order, and a grieving widow carrying around not just a photo of him and his dead wife, but a FRAMED PHOTO of him and his dead wife! Does Charles understand why he's on this show? Is he sleeping in his bunk with that photo next to him? And she gave him a rose!!!!?!?

Thank you! I wish Charles L would leave because he's not a contender; he's just taking up space. There is no chemistry between Joan and him, no kisses, and only talk about their departed spouses. And yes, WHY DOESN'T CHARLES GET HE'S ON A DATING SHOW? He is no where near ready to move on from his wife and I don't know if he ever will be. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of him, and there is no way Joan can expect an upbeat, fun, adult, meaningful and successful union with this guy.

I think Joan is just being kind to him, I really do, and I think she is gracious to do that; nevertheless.

I like Guy and Dan. Dan looks like a version of Kevin Costner and he seems very kind. Guy was kind to Charles as well when he came to him to talk about his wife.

Pascal - I like him, but he's going to be high maintenance and I don't see a match. I think he's been too pampered and won't be able to connect to Joan in a real relationship. Will he be able to put her first, before him? I don't think so. Didn't he say he came to the US quite young? If that is so, I don't know why he has such a prevalent French accent, unless he's putting us all on.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Breedom said:

Dan looks like a version of Kevin Costner and he seems very kind.

Regarding Dan,

Spoiler

Didn't he get cut last night?

• Like 1

Pascal did say that he goes back to France often to keep his accent.  He knows that is what makes him attractive and interesting in the US. 

Charles L seems to use the show for therapy rather than to find a mate.   

• Like 5
7 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Production should never had the men running around the field.  They could have easily fallen, broke a hip or two, or something worse.  Production must be young and don’t know the ropes of seniors.

Break a hip??  Oh, brother.

I thought the kickball game was a good choice, and I'm older than everybody on the field except Kim.  The game was basically non-contact, and not very technically challenging (unlike trying to hit or catch a baseball, for example).  And as I pointed out upthread, one of the guys, in fact the second oldest out there playing kickball, is planning to go to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro this Fall. 

And like Charles L, I've never played kickball in my life but I would happily have joined that game.

I don't think these people (including me) are middle aged, but there's no reason to slap them into the "break a hip" category.  I'm a big fan of lowered expectations, because I usually benefit from them.  😀  But there's a limit.

• Like 8
28 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I don't think these people (including me) are middle aged, but there's no reason to slap them into the "break a hip" category. 

These people are in their sixties. No one is going to break a hip.

Interesting to watch the men act so enamored with Joan. They haven't really had much time to connect with her and yet they already look at her with such love and admiration. They are like little puppies. Of course they all want to win - maybe that's the challenge for some - but it's still fun to watch.  :)

• Like 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Breedom said:

These people are in their sixties. No one is going to break a hip.

Yeah, my husband is 66. He's not in hip-breaking territory. My father did break his hip in a fall. He was 89.

• Like 1
On 10/1/2024 at 2:30 PM, Back Atcha said:

I agree and she seemed very "practiced" with every one of the "competitors."  I don't find her likeable or DISlikeable.  I don't care.  I love to see close-ups of her face...sometimes I see some serious flaws in her skin; other times I think she's had some "nice" work done.

Today was the first time I saw her face in the sunlight.  It was not pretty.  I don’t understand why a 71 year old woman would have all that work done at this point.  It’s not like she’s a movie star.  Her skin was so tight, she could hardly speak.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Haha....the DMV!  Ya if I was the Bachelorette, Disneyland and Vegas wouldn't even be an option for me.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
27 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Today was the first time I saw her face in the sunlight.  It was not pretty.  I don’t understand why a 71 year old woman would have all that work done at this point.

Yes, there were quite a few closeups out in the sun where I could see mounds of makeup covering up skin flaws. She's only 61 I think. She's got a great figure and a nice personality and - I hate to say it, but when conversing with the guys she has a dead look in her eyes. Maybe she never wanted to be on this show; she's still deeply attached to her husband and just couldn't say no to the offer. Who knows? She says all the right things to connect to these guys, but does she really feel it? I don't know.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Today was the first time I saw her face in the sunlight.  It was not pretty.  I don’t understand why a 71 year old woman would have all that work done at this point.  It’s not like she’s a movie star.  Her skin was so tight, she could hardly speak.

She is 61...

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, Breedom said:

Guy was kind to Charles as well when he came to him to talk about his wife.

"Kind" is an understatement.  He quickly solved the medical mystery that had been haunting Charles for the six years since his wife's death:  she bit her tongue.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Breedom said:

I hate to say it, but when conversing with the guys she has a dead look in her eyes.

I think the problem is that her entire face is pulled so tight it just doesn't move. Like at all. Her lips are stretched so wide she can only move her mouth up and down. Not to be gross but when she kisses one of the guys the effect is very guppy like because she can't purse her lips in any way. 😂

The only part of her face that moves is her eyes and the effect is very strange. I think she is a nice woman, but much like her expressionless face kind of devoid of any personality. I personally think she was chosen because she is one of the youngest from Gerry's season and she is thin and glamourous. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

"Kind" is an understatement.  He quickly solved the medical mystery that had been haunting Charles for the six years since his wife's death:  she bit her tongue.

Yes, he did that which was very helpful in giving some closure to Charles.

But he also gave him his full undivided attention listening to him, was compassionate, leaning forward towards him and placing his hand, if I remember correctly, on Charles' shoulder comforting him. That is the kindness I am talking about.

• Like 11
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I literally thought the same thing. Any moment Pascal is going to slip and his real Chicago accent is going to come out! But then he gave his sad backstory. I agree with @Alexander Pope that suddenly his pompousness for “the finer things in life” makes a bit more sense. Though I’m worried that it seems like an emotional house of cards. However, I guess he made it through 69 years of life okay. Speaking of which, he looks great for his age! I’m 50 and he looks better than a lot of guys my age, but I suppose he’s a walking billboard for his medi-spa treatments.

Jonathan’s avocado green and harvest gold floral shirt was an exact replica of my childhood kitchen wallpaper! Wow. That really brought it all back.

I would watch a show with Charles and Gary just out running errands and thinking of kind gestures for the guys. Unlike Kim whose “song for the mansion men” did not hit the mark. The looks on all of their faces! Leave it to Gary to be diplomatic that this is really his song from the heart. The ER doc was the only one willing to sing along with him! Whelp, y’all better hope the garbage disposal doesn’t break again! Also, I think Pascal’s laundry guy got the boot, too? Surely, this man did his own laundry somewhere between arriving in America with cardboard in his shoe and his salon taking off? 

The avocado green and harvest gold were the two colors of Amana refrigerators we had to choose from back in 1965, we ended up with the avocado green model.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Okay so I just finished  watching this episode of the “Quaker Oats Show starring Joan.”

I’m kind of nauseous. WHY IS GERRY THERE???? All it does is remind us of what a failure he was as the first GB. And why was the top part of his face cherry red? Was it the lighting, is he sunburned or is he some kind of goblin?

Also, TOO MUCH GIL! I thought I’d read that they had edited him out as much as possible?

Joan has a beautiful body and I think she dresses well (except for the diaper prom gown).

I do have to agree though that she was very attractive and would have aged well, but her current face looks like a mask and is very unbecoming.

I’m 67 and have done exactly nothing cosmetic.   I don’t even wear make-up now that I’m retired. I have three grandchildren, one who just turned 20, and from when I was 47 until now, everyone who doesn’t know us well thinks I am her mother and never believes I’m the grandmother. I do dye my roots and that’s it, because it’s not something permanent like cosmetic surgery.

I think Mark is very attractive but he lost me last week when he said that something was “funner.”

Edited by Arkay
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, kristen111 said:

And so many of the men, telling her and US how beautiful she is.  Needy, needy Gerry (and needy, needy Bachelor producers) magically appearing at the mansion.   How young and how intelligent are these production people?

Interesting that you wrote "71," because that's how old I thought she was.  Then they showed that one of the guys (the father of someone? ... I don't follow everything) is 57.  I thought the gap was too wide.  Just looked it up.  She's 61.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Arkay said:

Okay so I just finished  watching this episode of the “Quaker Oats Show starring Joan.”

Nobody wanted to eat that cold oatmeal except for maybe Charles L.

Did you see the commercial with the "popular crowd" of ladies from Gerry's season? Susan and Kathy really seem to like the fame. I do enjoy seeing the ladies but none of them should quit their day job as they are all bad actresses.

49 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Needy, needy Gerry (and needy, needy Bachelor producers) magically appearing at the mansion

When Gerry asked Joan if she considered the possibility that her guy may not be there I thought he was going to say he wanted a chance with her. It was an odd thing to say anyway, I feel like he hopes it doesn't work for her since it didn't work for him.

6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I personally think she was chosen because she is one of the youngest from Gerry's season and she is thin and glamourous. 

She looks great in an evening gown and for some men being thin with long blonde hair is the epitome of beauty. I do envy her boobage but I think she may have had some surgical help. I wonder if after her husband died it led her to making herself over (plastic surgery) to feel better? 

Catherine Deneuve said “At a certain age, you have to choose between your face and your ass.” The downside for some of being thin is your face looks more haggard. That's my excuse to keep a few pounds on 😂

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
20 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

Pascal grew up poor, is completely self-made. That takes strength and resilience--I give him props. And it explains his love of nice clothes and general materialism, refusal to do chores, etc.

It is admirable, but also possibly a red flag. Will he always throw money at friends/partners so he never has to perform blue collar work/manual labor ever again?

How does his materialism affect the environment? Is he constantly shopping, ordering online? He refuses to cook. Is he ordering takeout, Fresh Direct, preprepared meals from Whole Foods, introducing tons of plastic packaging into the system? 

That gets old fast, if you’re in a long-term committed relationship.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Kim’s song was actually not terrible. But the way he was interacting with the other guys made me think, “I know exactly what Kim was like when he was eight.”

These guys are pouring it on. Joan is so beautiful. I think we have a deep connection. I will be very disappointed if she doesn’t give me a rose.

This is a competition. In Episode One or Two, when the First Impression Rose Recipient returned to the room, he kind of crouched and fist pumped. This completely rubbed me the wrong way. It was ALL ego. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

That was weird, Joan making a big deal over reuniting with Gerry at the exact same spot where she said goodbye to him during his season. The same bench!

You guys who have been watching this franchise for several seasons have probably already discussed this. Do the producers force them to call out the Rose Recipients’ names in an order that makes it seem more suspenseful? Chock was sweating bullets, while she called out name after name, but everyone knows he’s one of Joan’s favorites.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 3

Joan seems like a nice person, but there is just something kind of empty about her interactions with the men, like she's going through the motions, reading a script, more than actually connecting with them in any meaningful way. It might be her nervousness on camera, it might be that she really isn't as ready to move on from her late husband, it might be the work she has had done, she might not be the most exciting person, it just all feels a little off. 

Joan meeting Wayne Newton and his terrifying mask face must have been a warning for Joan, like the ghost of plastic surgery yet to come. 

Guy seems like a great catch, he seems very kind and stable but also can be a lot of fun. He's my number one pick as of now by far. 

Pascal is a lot of fun, and his backstory adds some much needed context for his love of the finer things and hating things like sleeping in the same room as tons of other guys, but he seems more like he would be a fun time and not a long time. I don't think he's what Joan is looking for, even beyond the fact that he refuses to cook, clean, do laundry, etc. So who does all of that for him in his regular life? A full staff? His son?  

Poor Kim, he really should have listened to the guys about how cringe his song was. I'm surprised he left so quickly, I would have kept him over some of the guys she did keep, especially Charles. He doesn't have any romantic connection with Joan and he is clearly not even close to being over his wife's death, Joan/the show seem to be keeping him mostly because it would feel mean to get rid of him when he's in such a rough place.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Charles makes fantastic TV.  He is adorable, kind, unique.  And obviously not ready for a new partner. He has no romantic connection with Joan but the audience has a love connection with him.  I'm fine with Joan keeping him as long as possible!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Listen, I like Charles L. but he is too milquetoast....Joan needs someone that'll make her feel safe and sexy.

Guy's teeth skeeves me out which is why I can't get into him.

My faves are Keith (definitely my type), Mark (his whispers, blush!), Chock and Jonathan (damn man, WHO HURT YOU SO BADLY?!)

IMO, I see her with Chock, they seem to fit like a glove and he has the most beautiful blue eyes.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

How does his materialism affect the environment? Is he constantly shopping, ordering online? He refuses to cook. Is he ordering takeout, Fresh Direct, preprepared meals from Whole Foods, introducing tons of plastic packaging into the system? 

I like looking at this per your perspective. How much waste is he creating for our environment? I bet this doesn't even occur to him. I wonder, too, if he has even heard the word "recycle." Or maybe he has a cook who prepares meals for him - he's in good shape so he must be eating healthy enough.

Why was Bob even on? He received minimal airtime, if any. I'm glad Jack was voted off early. He just isn't the type of guy I'd want to hang with on a forever basis. I can see him lounging on the couch all day offering nothing to Joan's life.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

It is admirable, but also possibly a red flag. Will he always throw money at friends/partners so he never has to perform blue collar work/manual labor ever again?

He's almost 70 years old with a seemingly successful business.  I don't think he's in danger of ever having to perform blue collar work or manual labor again.  But even if he were, how would throwing money at friends/partners ensure that?  I don't understand the connection.

How does his materialism affect the environment?

Do we know if Joan cares about the environment?   

Is he constantly shopping, ordering online?

If so, he's not unlike a whole lot of people these days.  Only he's probably ordering higher quality goods than sketchily manufactured shit from fast fashion places, and probably wears it more than once.

He refuses to cook. Is he ordering takeout, Fresh Direct, preprepared meals from Whole Foods, introducing tons of plastic packaging into the system?

Or maybe he goes out to eat for every meal, providing valuable support of the beleaguered restaurant industry.  In other words, a hero.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
56 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

Wayne Newton.  OMG.  He looked like he was wearing a mask. A scary mask.

I literally thought someone was brandishing a Wayne  Newton mask at first until the mask started to sing.

Fun fact: I live in NYC and for years and years in a park one block away from me, we used to have free concerts on Thursday evenings in the summer. All big names 20 years past their prime. Tom Jones, Art Garfunkel, Donna Summer, Pat Benatar, Todd Rundgren….like that. The  ONLY person I ever skipped out on was Wayne Newton and that must have been many plastic surgeries ago. Scary even then.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Wayne Newton looks like a plastic caricature of himself- a Disney animatronic 😲😅. I kept waiting for sparks to shoot out of his back or his arm to get stuck in a position while singing.  Why did he get so much work done?! 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

You guys who have been watching this franchise for several seasons have probably already discussed this. Do the producers force them to call out the Rose Recipients’ names in an order that makes it seem more suspenseful? Chock was sweating bullets, while she called out name after name, but everyone knows he’s one of Joan’s favorites

Yes, the show does decide the order of the roses to ratchet up the drama. If there’s conflict between two contestants, for example, they’ll have those two as the last ones up for a rose, so we’ll be left wondering which side she’ll take. Occasionally in edit they’ll decide to show out of order and you can occasionally catch a glimpse of someone with a rose who hadn’t yet received it. 

1 minute ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Wayne Newton looks like a plastic caricature of himself- a Disney animatronic 😲😅. I kept waiting for sparks to shoot out of his back or his arm to get stuck in a position while singing.  Why did he got so much work done?! 

Seriously! A mix of a Disney animatronic and a Madame Tussaud’s wax figurine brought to life. Turn down the studio lights or he’s going to melt. It was sad how they had to put the background music so loud because he seemed to just be hollering out some words from his song over and over and forgot the verses and melody. Poor Wayne Newton.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Seriously! A mix of a Disney animatronic and a Madame Tussaud’s wax figurine brought to life. Turn down the studio lights or he’s going to melt. It was sad how they had to put the background music so loud because he seemed to just be hollering out some words from his song over and over and forgot the verses and melody. Poor Wayne Newton.

Yes- that's a spot on description 😀!  He didn't need to get all of this work done. it reminds me of when Kenny Rogers got a face lift and had his eyelids done. Wayne Newton's voice is getting weaker- but good for him for still performing in his shows in Vegas. Have you seen Frankie Valli on YouTube lately? He's 90 years old and he's still performing but seems to rely on backing tracks and some lip syncing.  

• Like 5
57 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Have you seen Frankie Valli on YouTube lately? He's 90 years old and he's still performing but seems to rely on backing tracks and some lip syncing.  

April from Gerry's season had a decades long affair with Frankie Valli starting when she was a teen.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 5

10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

These guys are pouring it on. Joan is so beautiful. I think we have a deep connection. I will be very disappointed if she doesn’t give me a rose.

This is a competition. In Episode One or Two, when the First Impression Rose Recipient returned to the room, he kind of crouched and fist pumped. This completely rubbed me the wrong way. It was ALL ego. 

Exactly. Many men love the chase.  I would not be surprised if some of the bachelors are seeing Joan as a prize only because there are other men wanting her too.  Don't get me wrong... she seems like a very nice woman, but still she hasn't shown much personality at all and not much emotion other than grief for her late husband and worry over her mother.  And oof... that natural sunlight did her no favors at all on the horse riding date with 70's colored open shirt guy.  Sorry... can't remember his name. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1