Type keyword(s) to search

Jana and Stephen: Slow and Steady Gets the Best Wedding

• Start Topic

I wonder if Jana has thought about birth control or not. Or maybe she thinks if they want any kids they need to try right away due to her age.

I also wonder why Jana wanted the public attention. She knew returning to SM would get curiosity up. And she knew a photo of her wearing a ring would bring out the SM super sleuths.

And... is this the first wedding Josh has missed?

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I honestly hope she holds off for as long as she can. That poor woman has been tied at the hip to so many littles for most of her life. This is the first time she is unincumbered and I hope she takes advantage of it.  

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if Jana has thought about birth control or not. Or maybe she thinks if they want any kids they need to try right away due to her age.

I also wonder why Jana wanted the public attention. She knew returning to SM would get curiosity up. And she knew a photo of her wearing a ring would bring out the SM super sleuths.

The pool video had footage from the year the pool was built and from the subsequent year when they had to repair it after a storm. No idea when the tiny house was filmed. I think she released them to help finance the wedding. It would be odd to release them after moving away from the compound.

• Like 7
14 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

He could've at least buttoned his jacket.  

I don't think he actually could.  Most men would buy a few suit for their daughter's wedding if they'd outgrown their old one, but then he's not most men.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

A couple of additional pictures here as well as some of the previous ones in case anyone's missed them:

https://people.com/photos-jana-duggar-wedding-to-stephen-wissmann-exclusive-8696866

On the third to last one, you can see Jana's shoes.  Very nice and very un-Duggar-like.

2 hours ago, Dimity said:

I don't think he actually could.  Most men would buy a few suit for their daughter's wedding if they'd outgrown their old one, but then he's not most men.

I actually had something like that in my post and I edited it out because I didn't know if we were allowed to opine on someone gaining weight.  Lol, I'm too cautious sometimes. 

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 10
30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

She may not have wanted the public attention, but figured she would be getting it anyway - and by selling the photo rights to People and doing some short videos, she could cover her wedding costs without having to ask for JB's assistance.

That's what I would do.

Regarding birth control - I mean, barring unexpected multiples, and even then, I don't think they are at risk for a large family at this point. So that may not be a huge concern for them? This is one case where leaving it up to god/nature/whatever makes at least some sense.

• Like 12
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Jana appears to be ecstatic in almost every photo except when walking down the aisle with JB.   It’s possible they did the majority of photos before the wedding and she was just tired of being filmed.  Several of the Duggar brides  have been perfectly fine with seeing the groom before the wedding.  

It appeared to be a beautiful wedding, very elegant. Very classy cake tasting too.     I wonder if Jana  enjoyed the multiple times Stephen dipped her backward for a kiss?  I would not have. I also have lost count of all the kissing photos. 

Overall though, I’m happy that she got the wedding that suited her personality and that she is moving to Nebraska.  She deserves to be number 1 to somebody. 

Regarding pregnancy, I think allowing nature to take its course may sound sensible to them.  Jana’s pregnancies will be considered high risk because of her age ( 35 at the earliest).  I think the risks of birth defects also goes up then too? So they may want to have kids sooner rather than later IF they want kids.  Which they may not. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 14
(edited)
5 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

A couple of additional pictures here as well as some of the previous ones in case anyone's missed them:

https://people.com/photos-jana-duggar-wedding-to-stephen-wissmann-exclusive-8696866

Whoa, that picture of just the two of them kissing in front of the car....I think I need a cigarette now and I don't smoke.  In all, she seems genuinely happy with him and he can't keep his hands off her.  I don't know where they were going on their honeymoon but I bet they didn't do much sightseeing.  My best wishes go with them.

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Like 12
  • Wink 3
  • LOL 3

From the Lonely J’s Thread:

On 8/17/2024 at 3:02 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Somone on Youtube said according to People, Jana spent $75,000 on the wedding, with the venue alone being $10,000.  I haven't seen anything on People to confirm that, so take it with a grain of salt.

This seems highly improbable for a wedding that was held on a Wednesday with a self catered meal. 

• Like 11

Thursday, but yes, that figure does seem awfully high. I would guess it was maybe half that amount or less than half, unless they counted the food costs, dress, tuxes, and everything else. 

• Like 9
13 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Thursday, but yes, that figure does seem awfully high. I would guess it was maybe half that amount or less than half, unless they counted the food costs, dress, tuxes, and everything else. 

The venue only costs $6500. I'm guessing about twice that for food, so probably no more $25,000 combined, on the higher end.

Typically only the wedding dress and groom's tux are paid for by the bride and groom - but Duggar, so nothing is typical. I would guess with say a $5000 wedding dress and $100 per dress and tux rental, it would add less than $10,000.

My guess is the cost of everything was less than $40,000.

• Like 10
17 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

Whoa, that picture of just the two of them kissing in front of the car....I think I need a cigarette now and I don't smoke.  In all, she seems genuinely happy with him and he can't keep his hands off her.  I don't know where they were going on their honeymoon but I bet they didn't do much sightseeing.  My best wishes go with them.

They waited a LONG time for their first kiss.  (If they waited.)  We don't know what they were allowed during their courtship but if like her siblings, then hugging and hand holding were only after engagement, which was in June ... and then first kiss etc., after the "I do's".  

Also, I thought the $75k was what the Duggars got for the People exclusive, not what was spent on the wedding.  

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

They waited a LONG time for their first kiss.  (If they waited.)  We don't know what they were allowed during their courtship but if like her siblings, then hugging and hand holding were only after engagement, which was in June ... and then first kiss etc., after the "I do's".  

Also, I thought the $75k was what the Duggars got for the People exclusive, not what was spent on the wedding.  

I don’t think they waited, they look very comfortable together.

I also think all the dipping and kissing was for the photographer.

Stephen’s family cooked the food so that would keep costs down.

• Like 10

I was the one who originally posted about the Youtuber saying the cost of the wedding was $75,000 according to People, but I have been looking at people.com to confirm and there is nothing there about the cost.  So the Youtuber probably pulled the figure out of thin air.  I agree it's probably more like $25,000 or thereabouts.  

• Like 8

Jana was a stunning bride and her dress knocked Jessa's blush gown out of the top spot for my favorite wedding dresses from this crew.

The bridesmaids showing some skin sans Jessa and her literal sad sack gown was nice to see. 

I'm happy to hear she's got some actual education away from the kitchen table of Mechelle.

She and Stephen seem very into each other, especially in the car kiss photo with his hands right under her butt. Get it, girl!

I'm glad she's escaping Arkansas at long last. 

• Like 21
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Typically only the wedding dress and groom's tux are paid for by the bride and groom - but Duggar, so nothing is typical. I would guess with say a $5000 wedding dress and $100 per dress and tux rental, it would add less than $10,000.

If that was the David's Bridal dress it looks like, then it was under $1000 plus alterations.  Like many "reports" this one sounds quite exaggerated.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

If that was the David's Bridal dress it looks like, then it was under $1000 plus alterations.  Like many "reports" this one sounds quite exaggerated.

Yup, the same dress at David's Bridal is $699.00

• Useful 11
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yup, the same dress at David's Bridal is $699.00

Well, she did have limited time to order and receive her gown. Not surprising it was budget and off-the-rack. 

Still better than any Duggar bride's except for Jinger's (they're tied) or Lauren's (she gets the bronze). 

• Like 4
(edited)

I think each bride has dressed better than the last one.  We have gone from Jill with the modesty insert in the neck to Jana with the no sleeve, backless dress.  Times sure have changed.

edited to add:  I wonder what Heidi's dress will look like.  She has had a year to plan.

Edited by CalicoKitty
added text
  • Like 8
6 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Jana was a stunning bride and her dress knocked Jessa's blush gown out of the top spot for my favorite wedding dresses from this crew.

The bridesmaids showing some skin sans Jessa and her literal sad sack gown was nice to see

I'm happy to hear she's got some actual education away from the kitchen table of Mechelle.

She and Stephen seem very into each other, especially in the car kiss photo with his hands right under her butt. Get it, girl!

I'm glad she's escaping Arkansas at long last. 

Aren’t Jessa’s and Jinger’s dresses the same?

46 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So a quick scan of family photo and looks like no Anna? Were any of the M kids in the wedding?

Isn't that Michael in the front?

11 hours ago, Tahitigirl said:

Am I the only one who found it strange that Jill wasn't an attendant?

Judging from Reddit, you're not. 

Let's face it. Jana and Jill may never have been close. It's not required for sisters to be close especially when one was known as the snitch. Besides, if Jana had picked Jill, she'd have had to pick the other two sisters too. And if you have all eight of your sisters plus a sister-in-law, then you have to have groomsmen to match. That's how you end up with gigantic, unruly wedding parties, and maybe Jana and Stephen didn't want that. Or possibly Jill and/or the two remaining sisters didn't want to be in the wedding party for one reason or another. 

• Like 8
13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So James was a groomsman? Is Joe wearing a mask? 

No Duggars were in the groomsmen pictures with Stephen. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
37 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, wonder why James has a boutonniere. 

Jason appears to have one, too. Maybe ushers?

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Isn't that Michael in the front?

It's either him or Marcus, but no other M's (or Anna) visible. Jill's kids (who RSVP'ed as attending the wedding) and Ivy are also MIA in the picture.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
mixed up Fern and Ivy
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4
48 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Jason appears to have one, too. Maybe ushers?

Oh, in our area the groomsmen usher the wedding prior to the ceremony. Maybe they needed extra due to the amount of guests.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Jill's kids (who RSVP'ed as attending the wedding) and Ivy are also MIA in the picture.

Someone remind me who Ivy belongs to? There are so many granddaughters with similar names I can't keep track!

• LOL 2

Every little girl in the picture is wearing the same white dress. Most of the little girls in the Wissmann family picture are, as well. Altogether it looks like at least 15 little girls, possibly more (there is a hard to see toddler in the Wissmann picture, plus the missing Ivy and M-girls on the Duggar side... I also don't know if any Wissmann grandkids were missing from the family picture like some Duggars were). So did Jana have somewhere between 15 and 20 flower girls?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Every little girl in the picture is wearing the same white dress. Most of the little girls in the Wissmann family picture are, as well. Altogether it looks like at least 15 little girls, possibly more (there is a hard to see toddler in the Wissmann picture, plus the missing Ivy and M-girls on the Duggar side... I also don't know if any Wissmann grandkids were missing from the family picture like some Duggars were). So did Jana have somewhere between 15 and 20 flower girls?

Probably. Both of Jer's daughters were flower girls, and one isn't even walking yet. How many were wheeled down the aisle in a flowered wagon?

• Like 2