Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E6: All Up in Gina's Grill

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, Palimelon said:

Can we add Tamra's black sleeveless dress with the white collar to the list as well?

What is going on with her arm skin? I'm confused because she works out, so I would think that her skin would still be somewhat toned, but it's not.

I'm 60 and I don't workout to the extent she does and my arms don't look anything like that. My mom's 80 and her arms don't look like that!

Random thoughts:

Gina's lack of an apostrophe on "Girls Trip" kind of foretold how things were going to go in the kitchen!

I've never had a Jack in the Box taco that wasn't mushy. I thought that's the way they came.

How pissed off do we think Shane was last night! Shannon with the mini vacuum for the win!

Why didn't the mini grill go in the back of the pick up?  Why was it on the backseat?

Jen is kind and sweet. I believe her reaction to Alexis' claim to shame video threats, is the way most of us would have reacted.

I wonder how many times Katie and Jen wished they had been assigned to the LA Quinta trip.

Okay.  Johnny J, according to Lexi, is almost a God amongst men. But can he hang a flat screen TV in under 7 seconds? (IYKYK...)

I'm not sure I will ever want to eat pie again...

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I can't believe that Emily had the previous day's glam and hair on, and she didn't remove the makeup, washed her face, and reapplied makeup, and fixed her hair the next day, even if she fell asleep the previous night. Heather was shocked!

Heather has a pretty low bar for being shocked. I loved Emily telling us she was still wearing last nights makeup and hair.  It cracked me up because it told that the meet with Heather wasn't that big of deal and I've done that too.  

Besides, she has the confidence to know she still looks good - better than Heather  in my opinion.  

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

t's stooping low to threaten to expose recordings that can embarrass, or worse somebody you were with for almost four years. 

It is pretty awful. It's one of those things where they say "oh it's so terrible, It would destroy Shannon if it gets out" but it's never released so we think up all kinds of terrible things, when in reality it's Shannon just wasted cussing John out. It is really diabolical to say you have something and not release it. I bet that John looks terrible in the video as well, that's why we will never see it. Example A: RHOBH Sutton and saying "dark things" that Crystal has never released.

Unless we see this video and Shannon is kicking Archie and screaming racist things, it's a big nothingburger.  Shannon is coming off very well this season, and Tamra can not stand it. I love it

Tamra: the less said the better. I will say that her arms look terrible and that's her karma for being a minion of the devil.

• Like 12
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1

For me, this show has reached the same point that RHBH did when Rinna was trying to destroy the reputation of Kathy Hilton, not to mention the reputation and lives of Denise Richards, Kim Richards, etc. in earlier seasons. When did it become acceptable entertainment to try to destroy people? Yes, these shows thrive on “drama”, but for me, the show has become pretty much unwatchable thanks to Tamra and Alexis. I have to prepare myself mentally before I even turn on an episode. Tamra was on Watch What Happens Live after the episode and was so shrill and loud and very unlikable. Apparently, she recently had a facelift or fillers and Botox because nothing in her face moved when she talked and she looks drastically different. Maybe the evil is seeping out of her to the surface.

IMG_5284.thumb.jpeg.c9e49741e0caf622968944685c347042.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 6

I wonder if Emily would go so hard "I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!" at Beverly Hills' Ericka?  Now, That kind of money shaming I'd enjoy. 

I'm disappointed to see this side of her because I usually like Emily.  She a!ways seems the most fun and down to earth compared to the others.  Is she becoming one of those women who get more judgemental and mean the thinner they get? 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Was I the only one kind of disappointed that none of these women knew how to parallel park, or light a grill or cook hot dogs (at least Gina knew that part, and I imagine, if there were a contest, she might be able to parallel park. maybe). 

ETA: I was entertained by the attempts to park and how the other drivers were annoyed

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • LOL 6
(edited)
22 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

My vision of hell: Being trapped in a car with Alexis on a road trip. I think I’d open the door and throw myself out.

Alexis is so annoying on the show this season. I do not want to hear how great Johnny J is or how many times they are having sex or how great the sex is or how supportive he is, blah, blah, blah. Shut up Alexis! 

21 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Dear Lord, Heather is making a mountain out of a Mickey Mouse hill. Her children were negatively impacted? This is Beverly Hills level of not letting the mouse go (maybe it’s her audition of ROHBH.

So ridiculous! Her kids don't care two cents that they called paparazzi. Gina was right. Not a valid comparison. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 11

I was so confused from the jump what was going on, who has problems with who and why, and then the two girls trip, I couldn't keep track. Everyone looks the same. 

Surprised we don't see Eddie that much anymore. Wonder if they are having problems. 

I thought Emily was the one that really seemed to egg on problems with Heather, by talking about the paparazzi pictures. Tamra also egged it on. Shannon didn't seem to care one way or another. Not sure why Gina is getting the blame or why anyone cares. 

Elizabeth Vargas looks and acts like JoJo Silwa.

Tamra REALLY has it out for Shannon. My gosh.  I wonder if that is the real reason why she is tolerating Alexis-- for the dirt. I don't think Tamra likes Jen or Alexis at all. 

• Like 8

I was so confused by Heather saying paparazzi-gate would hurt her kids. Dramatic even by Housewife standards. So it was about cheating rumors? 

Alexis is playing dirty. If she wanted to come on and clear up her or John’s name, she is making all the wrong moves. She went from being an insensitive confrontational jerk to being a bully with the video threats. Bless Shannon’s heart. This is all so cruel. 

• Like 11
(edited)

Tamara is so vicious...I hate seeing her. Always.

Doesn't even matter if she is drunk...which she eventually gets to be in any event.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Was I the only one kind of disappointed that none of these women knew how to parallel park, or light a grill or cook hot dogs (at least Gina knew that part, and I imagine, if there were a contest, she might be able to parallel park. maybe). 

I was baffled why these supposedly fancy women were trying to make dinner when none of them knew how to do it.   Did every restaurant in the area ban the HWs?   Not to mention the required clean up in SOMEONE ELSES HOUSE.  Good grief Gina.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 8
(edited)

Emily is definitely playing the role of sniper from the side this season (and possibly longer). She's been instigating, questioning, playing both sides, and egging people on but I don't think the other women see her as a threat or pay her much attention so she gets away with it.

Edited by QQQQ
  • Like 8

Heather's kid Max is bisexual, she came out a long time ago and Branwyn tried to hit on her or give her drugs or something. Pretty gross thing to do. Kat identifies as lesbian, Ace is trans-male, and Nicky is cisgender heterosexual male. Alexis also has a trans-male son who is the same age as Ace, they go to the same school, so she and Heather became close 

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
14 hours ago, snarts said:

If, like Shannon claims, she offered to re-pay the $75k and John rejected it based on an included non-disparagement clause, then having Alexis publicly threaten to release tapes of Shannon (& admit that she's seen them) will not go over well in court. Jesus Jugs can talk herself hoarse trying to convince everyone that Johnny J's a good christian man but his actions show otherwise.  

The utter glee on Tamrat's face hearing about said videos, she seriously could not contain it, was possibly the most vile thing I've seen on a housewives show. That woman is pure evil. 

Emily's mad because everything Gina said was 100% accurate. She has crawled up Tamrat's ass and it has changed her. If she wanted to have private convo with Gina about it, then do that, rather than sit & petulantly pout all night trying to get attention.

Heather was Heather stealing the ball and making the night all about her issue with Gina. Plus, I still don't get what Gina did that was so terrible. She told Katie not the bring the Heather shit up on camera but Katie did anyway. Gina then told her to talk to Heather directly, which she then did. What was Gina supposed to do? Report Katie to Heather earlier? She likely still would've had her head chopped off as the messenger.

I agree that Gina was in a difficult position.

5 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

ETA: I was entertained by the attempts to park and how the other drivers were annoyed

I think I forgot how to parallel park. I live in SE Florida, and I almost never have to do it. You normally drive into a space. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Pi237 said:

I wonder if Emily would go so hard "I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!" at Beverly Hills' Ericka?  Now, That kind of money shaming I'd enjoy. 

I'm disappointed to see this side of her because I usually like Emily.  She a!ways seems the most fun and down to earth compared to the others.  Is she becoming one of those women who get more judgemental and mean the thinner they get? 

I never thought about it, but being on Ozempic, and then on a strict diet after that can make one irritable and kind of nasty. 

• Like 1

Shannon got a DUI, drove into a house and I'm still on her side over Tamra and Alexis. I would shoot myself if I had to spend more than 5 minutes with annoying ass Alexis and Tamra is evil personified. 

Katie, you seem smart, don't listen to Tamra!

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Good questions!

If JJ recorded Shannon in her drunken state, as claimed, he is a huge asshole! The only reason he would do something like that would be to humiliate her and/or use it against her. There is no other logical reason

I don't think Alexis and John realize how much they are hated. She does not seem very bright. I think, at this point, she's still proud of her behavior and thinks it's justified. 

Is Fun Lexi on something? She's way too giddy and energetic. Was she always like this?

No, Alexis was not that giddy in the past. But I was watching a few minutes of a rerun of the season finale of Heather's first season, and when Jim Bellino arrived at Heather’s party she jumped up, and she started screaming in excitement like a little kid. She did it a few more times on other episodes. She seems to be ever more this season, as if she is on something. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6
9 hours ago, snarts said:

It's not just Gina's account, it's public record. Travis is in an ongoing custody battle with his ex. There have been restraining orders filed on both sides and his ex as made allegations about Gina. 

Gina's sobriety and now decision to separate households is likely based on legal advise. Admittedly, she's not done the best job explaining it but that also might be hindered by limitations to what she can actually say.

Google Travis Mullen if want to know more. #closingTEDtalk :)

I think that Gina cannot disclose information for legal reasons.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I was so confused by Heather saying paparazzi-gate would hurt her kids. Dramatic even by Housewife standards. So it was about cheating rumors? 

Yes, there were rumors Terry was cheating. The Disneyland exaggerated, staged paparazzi photo was to show how perfect and loving their relationship was.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

The best thing Shannon can do with regards to Alexis is to just ignore her. Nothing would piss off Lady Jugs of the Jesus more than thinking Shannon finds her irrelevant.

Heather is really weaponizing her kids to go after Gina. If you are worried they are getting teased over the paparazzi pics, then it isn't that big of a deal, because I doubt anyone is going to tease them over that. If it's over affair rumors, well, that isn't on the other HWs since the affair rumors have been barely mentioned on the show. Heather should have just laughed off the initial talk about the paparazzi and just let it die out. And if Katie and/or Tamra kept bringing it up even after that, play the victim and point out they are trying to stir the pot over a nonissue.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Palimelon said:

The best thing Shannon can do with regards to Alexis is to just ignore her. Nothing would piss off Lady Jugs of the Jesus more than thinking Shannon finds her irrelevant.

Heather is really weaponizing her kids to go after Gina. If you are worried they are getting teased over the paparazzi pics, then it isn't that big of a deal, because I doubt anyone is going to tease them over that. If it's over affair rumors, well, that isn't on the other HWs since the affair rumors have been barely mentioned on the show. Heather should have just laughed off the initial talk about the paparazzi and just let it die out. And if Katie and/or Tamra kept bringing it up even after that, play the victim and point out they are trying to stir the pot over a nonissue.

Not to mention it’s more embarrassing for the kids (who are or almost are young adults) that Mommy keeps screeching on television how embarrassing it is for them. It had nothing to do with them until Heather made it about them. I really doubt anyone asked them whether their dad was cheating or whether mom called the paparazzi. But look at how much we are questioning how this makes sense. Heather’s ranting is more likely to cause other kids to come up to them and say they’re sorry if they felt embarrassed, etc—which is embarrassing. it’s a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• Like 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Shannon got a DUI, drove into a house and I'm still on her side over Tamra and Alexis. I would shoot myself if I had to spend more than 5 minutes with annoying ass Alexis and Tamra is evil personified. 

Katie, you seem smart, don't listen to Tamra!

Shannon's DUI doesn't have to do with Alexis and Tamra though, and I'm not on Shannon's side regarding the DUI, her plea deal, etc. I still don't like that John Janssen might release any recordings. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2

When Heather and Terry were talking about the papazzari photos being staged and the rumors, they were both laughing about it. No dismay about what it did to their kids. 

• Like 10

Shannon should use the "Gray Rock Method" with Alexis and Tamra.

https://psychcentral.com/health/grey-rock-method

"The grey rock method is where you deliberately act unresponsive or unengaged so that an abusive person will lose interest in you."

Just nod, say nothing except gray, unengaging topics.  I like your shirt.  I saw a great movie.  I just found a new recipe.

The more she reacts by leaving rooms, crying, running to all her friends, the more oil she adds to their fire.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1

I don’t know if the homeowner of the home Shannon hit has sued her, but if these tapes show John knowingly letting Shannon behind the wheel of her car, I would be amending my suit real fast to add him as a defendant. He is going to wish he had settled and signed a NDA.

I wonder about the timing of their settlement negotiations prior to his filing. When Shannon offered to settle with a NDA, was Alexis in the picture and did she influence Johnny J not to sign? I don’t think it is just a coincidence that the two men that sued Shannon were both involved with Alexis.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2

I think the HWs might be doing some variation of the Gray Rock Method with Shannon. I mean, Jenn is the only one who followed her when she ran out of the dinner (and hid around the corner). Notice she turns most conversations back to her tales of woe with John/Alexis (who really are the worst), no matter the subject. I think her friends might be starting to feel a bit victimized by Shannon and seeking to extricate themselves.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 8/15/2024 at 7:03 PM, Pi237 said:

Did Heather misgender her son? I thought Max was transgender male? Doesn’t matter, was just curious because Heather said ‘she.’ Easy mistake, of course. 

ugh Alexis, “I’ve prayed for Shannon…and now I’ll do what Jesus would do and release humiliating tapes about her for my Ma-Yan”

Shannon F’d up and she can be a real pill, but this is meaner than I expected. I figured Alexis would rub her face in the fact that she stole her man or such for a few episodes, but the lawsuit and now this talk of life ruining recordings isn’t fun. And Tamra lapping it up like pie on a foot.  Definitely going to nasty Jersey No-Fun levels and I wish they’d stop it. 

Nope.  Ace's birth name was Colette.

On 8/16/2024 at 8:03 AM, ladle1 said:

I don't follow the HW off the show, but from what I've gleaned on the show, Max is one of the twins (the other being Nicky). Max is a cisgender woman, self-identifies as female, and wrote a book about being bisexual. I know this because remember when what's-her-name castmate of yore, who was also bisexual, tried to connect with Max by giving her a gift which contained (according to Heather) inappropriate sexual material?

Then there is Ace, who is Heather's trans son and uses he/him pronouns.

There's also Kat. I know nothing about her.

I guess it depends whether California is a two-party consent state or not. But if the question is "Would he be evil for doing that?" the answer is almost certainly yes.

Lesbian

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

In what world is it possible that anyone would pay for these tickets, especially the extra cost of VIP?

(I had to change the original from color to black and white in order for the file to be small enough to upload)

IMG_5286.thumb.jpeg.741ced742b6e47fe1e30f55c01a963e0.jpeg

• Mind Blown 6
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
On 8/16/2024 at 7:36 AM, ladle1 said:

Oh my lord Heather, the sanctimony. The sanctimony!

How can she sit there with a straight face and talk about how her children were harmed by a rumor that she called the paps at Disneyland, and believe it is at all comparable to a rumor involving someone's kids and DCFS?? Like that is just...wow... new heights of narcissism, even for her. 

By the way, I teach college kids, and let me tell you, they are not watching this shit (ok, maybe some of them will watch Housewives occasionally with their moms), are not keyed into this shit, and do not care about any of this. They're certainly not antagonizing a peer because of a niche rumor that her second-tier-Housewife mom called the paparazzi to come to Disneyland! 

Also, Heather played this all wrong!! When this all went down, she should have just diffused it by saying "Nope, I didn't do that, but it doesn't bother me that you're saying I did - there's nothing wrong with calling the paparazzi." Then when Katie came on the show and made the allegation again she should have reiterated her "I didn't do that, but I don't care" stance and never discussed it again.

Instead, she's blowing this up into a much bigger deal than it needs to be. Which I guess is her job - fine, okay - but she's perpetuating a storyline that she says is hurting her kids? Righty-o. 

I agree that the idea of any child (or rational person of any age) being *harmed* because of a rumor about whether a photo op was staged is ludicrous beyond belief.

I mean everyone with half a brain cell knows that people do deliberately do stuff in order to get photographed and potentially have that photo be on websites, blogs, magazines etc. All of those ridiculous photos of "celebs" eating or whatever are either because the person went to a place that is known for always have Papps OR because it was a set up in some way. Who cares.

However, I think like a lot of these housewife insanely stupid "fights" it is a proxy for what the reality is which can't be spoken. Sometimes it is because they are fighting for their jobs in some way or as in this instance I think what it is about is that at the time of the Disney photo, there were rumors about the state of the Dubrow marriage.

So this *hokey* photo of the happy couple was used to attempt to put those rumors to bed. Of all bizarre places where the Dubrows would NOT go would be Disneyland unless they had a specific agenda. I realize that there are some adults who like Disneyland but I am not one - I live in Los Angeles and went often with my children, nephews and visitors. I doubt the Dubrows have been in Disneyland since their children reached an age when they could go by themselves. 

• Like 5
49 minutes ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

I don’t think it is just a coincidence that the two men that sued Shannon were both involved with Alexis.

Interesting, I wonder if Alexis was involved in egging on both Jim Bellino and "Johnny J" in suing Shannon.  I bet she was.

45 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

I think the HWs might be doing some variation of the Gray Rock Method with Shannon. I mean, Jenn is the only one who followed her when she ran out of the dinner (and hid around the corner). Notice she turns most conversations back to her tales of woe with John/Alexis (who really are the worst), no matter the subject. I think her friends might be starting to feel a bit victimized by Shannon and seeking to extricate themselves.

Interesting take!  That the HW's all are so over Shannon and her whining, late night crying phone calls, that they feel a bit victimized by her, and they are going "ho hum, another bit of dinner" while she runs out and cries, yet again.  That they are actually subconsciously pulling thee Gray Rock Method on her.

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, amarante said:

However, I think like a lot of these housewife insanely stupid "fights" it is a proxy for what the reality is which can't be spoken. Sometimes it is because they are fighting for their jobs in some way or as in this instance I think what it is about is that at the time of the Disney photo, there were rumors about the state of the Dubrow marriage.

Oh, 100%. As I said in my other post, Heather really messed up here, because a lot of us (me!) had forgotten about the connection between the Disneyland photos and the cheating rumors, but by perpetuating the discussion of this topic she is helping to bring those back into the light.

I get why she's annoyed with her "friend" Gina, because if Heather had known Katie was going to come on the show with this ammunition, Heather and her PR team would have worked out a solid strategy for neutralizing it. Instead she was caught unaware, and she flailed.  

• Like 4
On 8/15/2024 at 10:28 PM, ZettaK said:

They will be all together in the other group trips to London, etc., and other events judging by the season trailer.

Yeah, but eventually I see them splitting permanently into two warring camps. The group dynamics seem to be getting worse every season.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, amarante said:

I agree that the idea of any child (or rational person of any age) being *harmed* because of a rumor about whether a photo op was staged is ludicrous beyond belief.

I mean everyone with half a brain cell knows that people do deliberately do stuff in order to get photographed and potentially have that photo be on websites, blogs, magazines etc. All of those ridiculous photos of "celebs" eating or whatever are either because the person went to a place that is known for always have Papps OR because it was a set up in some way. Who cares.

So this *hokey* photo of the happy couple was used to attempt to put those rumors to bed. Of all bizarre places where the Dubrows would NOT go would be Disneyland unless they had a specific agenda. I realize that there are some adults who like Disneyland but I am not one - I live in Los Angeles and went often with my children, nephews and visitors. I doubt the Dubrows have been in Disneyland since their children reached an age when they could go by themselves. 

Back in the day, there would be no way in hell that the Dubrows would be caught at Disneyland with the rest of us poors. They would have it closed for a “private event” first, 😂. (That’s why I found her shopping at that strip mall party supply store so funny. This was the woman who spent serious bucks on a cake for a stupid name-changing celebration and had a cow when that drunk woman “ruined it” by tearing off the tip of a bow. I’d expect she’d have an upscale party supply representative come to her, with samples.)

The photos were done poorly too, which makes this even more ludicrous.

Both Terry and Heather have overinflated egos that still have to be fed, and can’t stand the fact that 99% of the general population really couldn’t give two shits about them. She is a D List actor, and his face is no advertisement for plastic surgery nor for the wonders of Botox.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
(edited)

This show was much better when Jim Bellino didn’t allow Alexis to speak. We used to think so poorly of him, but imagine what he had to endure behind closed doors. Makes ya wonder now how bad he was. 

Bravo missed the mark with Tamra and Alexis returning. This show is done. Stick a fork in it. 

Edited by hottesthw
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

Ive never liked Shannon and I’ve never liked John. I think they’re probably both awful people so my opinion is they are probably both being awful. My guess is that John has video of him trying to prevent Shannon from driving and arguing with her about being drunk. My guess is Shannon’s lawyers don’t want john releasing a video of Shannon declaring her intention to drive drunk and then getting in a car over someone’s objections and offer to call an uber and possibly some very unpleasant rich lady behavior aka Reese Whitherspoons “Do you know who I am?!?!” arrest nonsense. I think at the time John was afraid Shannon would somehow try to blame him (think “John locked me out of his house and screamed at me to get off his property and I was scared and trying to just move my car”) so he refused. Which is a dick move. Give the video to the police if you want but don’t use it as blackmail. But also Shannon don’t try to force your ex boyfriend into covering for your crime. Again, I think John’s motive are selfish and he’s shitty but I also think he has video of Shannon being a total shit the night of the DUI. He sucks, she sucks, and Alexis is jealous of how much they both suck and trying to be even worse than either of them.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, ladle1 said:

Oh, 100%. As I said in my other post, Heather really messed up here, because a lot of us (me!) had forgotten about the connection between the Disneyland photos and the cheating rumors, but by perpetuating the discussion of this topic she is helping to bring those back into the light.

I get why she's annoyed with her "friend" Gina, because if Heather had known Katie was going to come on the show with this ammunition, Heather and her PR team would have worked out a solid strategy for neutralizing it. Instead she was caught unaware, and she flailed.  

Yes agree especially with your additional context.

She should have handled it the way Terry did which was to essentially make a joke of it.

People are always going to be more forgiving of the foibles of people who laugh at their own mesheguas (foibles).

I can't say I am a *fan* of any housewife as I regard them as I might monkeys in a zoo - all of them. However I don't have a visceral antipathy towards Heather - she is rich and pretentious but not intentionally evil. And I appreciate the consumer "porn". No shade on middle class people but I would rather peep in all truly aspirational lifestyles versus Gina's townhouse. 

I thought the champs designation in her old kitchen was hilarious - wasn't it on tap or was it just that she had a designated signal for it to be brought to her. 

I save my antipathy towards those I would really like off my screen like Tamra and Jesus Jugs.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, hottesthw said:

This show was much better when Jim Bellino didn’t allow Alexis to speak. We used to think so poorly of him, but imagine what he had to endure behind closed doors. Makes ya wonder now how bad he was. 

Bravo missed the mark with Tamra and Alexis returning. This show is done. Stick a fork in it. 

I'm sure Jim went through a lot with Alexis, but if what I remember about the lawsuits is correct, he is a bully for going after Shannon and Tamra. 

I'm not calling for a cancelation. I still enjoy the show. It's not boring to me like RHONJ or RHOD, but a cast shakeup might be nice. 

51 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Ive never liked Shannon and I’ve never liked John. I think they’re probably both awful people so my opinion is they are probably both being awful. My guess is that John has video of him trying to prevent Shannon from driving and arguing with her about being drunk. My guess is Shannon’s lawyers don’t want john releasing a video of Shannon declaring her intention to drive drunk and then getting in a car over someone’s objections and offer to call an uber and possibly some very unpleasant rich lady behavior aka Reese Whitherspoons “Do you know who I am?!?!” arrest nonsense. I think at the time John was afraid Shannon would somehow try to blame him (think “John locked me out of his house and screamed at me to get off his property and I was scared and trying to just move my car”) so he refused. Which is a dick move. Give the video to the police if you want but don’t use it as blackmail. But also Shannon don’t try to force your ex boyfriend into covering for your crime. Again, I think John’s motive are selfish and he’s shitty but I also think he has video of Shannon being a total shit the night of the DUI. He sucks, she sucks, and Alexis is jealous of how much they both suck and trying to be even worse than either of them.

I think Shannon can be a lot to deal with beyond a casual friendship. My impression is off camera, Tamra is probably the more caring friend, not as dramatic and the type to spend time listening to your problems and trying to be there for you. I think Shannon seems to get caught up in the drama of her life and that it's always something with her. I'm sure both John and her friends dealt with a lot. However, that doesn't give Tamra or John a pass to be so cruel. If Shannon was that exhausting of a friend, I understand not taking all her calls. I understand calling her out if it feels like the friendship is one-sided. I don't understand the vitriol though, and if John ever loved her, it makes it extra disgusting to use her worst moments as blackmail. Alexis is being awful, but she barely knows Shannon. 

32 minutes ago, amarante said:

Yes agree especially with your additional context.

She should have handled it the way Terry did which was to essentially make a joke of it.

People are always going to be more forgiving of the foibles of people who laugh at their own mesheguas (foibles).

I can't say I am a *fan* of any housewife as I regard them as I might monkeys in a zoo - all of them. However I don't have a visceral antipathy towards Heather - she is rich and pretentious but not intentionally evil. And I appreciate the consumer "porn". No shade on middle class people but I would rather peep in all truly aspirational lifestyles versus Gina's townhouse. 

I thought the champs designation in her old kitchen was hilarious - wasn't it on tap or was it just that she had a designated signal for it to be brought to her. 

I save my antipathy towards those I would really like off my screen like Tamra and Jesus Jugs.

Agree. Terry handled it perfectly. 

Also agree about Heather. Can she have her moments? Yes absolutely, but Fancy Pants is mostly harmless. 

Same, same. I think Tamra is probably a nicer person off screen, but I think sometimes these women take it too far trying to create drama for the show. It reminds me of Rinna on RHOBH. I think she's nicer IRL than her Housewife persona, but I'm sorry, whether it's Shannon (or Denise or LVP), their coworkers are still human beings with feelings. 

Tamra always had a mean streak, but was Jesus Jugs ever so bad? I used to think she was kind of like Heather, not always on her side with things but never vicious towards anyone. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm sure Jim went through a lot with Alexis, but if what I remember about the lawsuits is correct, he is a bully for going after Shannon and Tamra. 

I'm not calling for a cancelation. I still enjoy the show. It's not boring to me like RHONJ or RHOD, but a cast shakeup might be nice. 

I think Shannon can be a lot to deal with beyond a casual friendship. My impression is off camera, Tamra is probably the more caring friend, not as dramatic and the type to spend time listening to your problems and trying to be there for you. I think Shannon seems to get caught up in the drama of her life and that it's always something with her. I'm sure both John and her friends dealt with a lot. However, that doesn't give Tamra or John a pass to be so cruel. If Shannon was that exhausting of a friend, I understand not taking all her calls. I understand calling her out if it feels like the friendship is one-sided. I don't understand the vitriol though, and if John ever loved her, it makes it extra disgusting to use her worst moments as blackmail. Alexis is being awful, but she barely knows Shannon. 

Agree. Terry handled it perfectly. 

Also agree about Heather. Can she have her moments? Yes absolutely, but Fancy Pants is mostly harmless. 

Same, same. I think Tamra is probably a nicer person off screen, but I think sometimes these women take it too far trying to create drama for the show. It reminds me of Rinna on RHOBH. I think she's nicer IRL than her Housewife persona, but I'm sorry, whether it's Shannon (or Denise or LVP), their coworkers are still human beings with feelings. 

Tamra always had a mean streak, but was Jesus Jugs ever so bad? I used to think she was kind of like Heather, not always on her side with things but never vicious towards anyone. 

Oh I agree! I think John and Alexis are being assholes to Shannon. You don’t have to cover up for her or help her or anything but don’t blackmail and torture her! 
 I’m just always going to side eye Shannon’s tearful victim of life schitck because she’s been doing it for so long over so many things. She’s the girl who cried wolf over tragedy.

However! Of all the shitty things Tamara has done, making me feel sympathy for Shannon when I was looking forward to a good old fashioned take down is the worst. How dare she! I’ve been looking forward to this since Shannon’s first season and now I’m on Shannon’s side. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
On 8/15/2024 at 7:53 PM, Pi237 said:

What’s wrong with the food in OC? First, last week with that hideous ‘pizza’ they served Shane. This week, those half mushy so-called ‘tacos’. No wonder they’re so skinny.   Or as Heather said, ‘everyone’s on Ozempic-no one’s going to eat all that food!’

That's what they get for getting tacos at a Jack in the Box drive thru instead of going to the many places that actually serve authentic tacos.  So Cal taco trucks are actually pretty good.  At least go to Taco Bell or Del Taco (no don't do those either) 😜 .

• Like 4

It's not boring to me like RHONJ or RHOD, but a cast shakeup might be nice. 

Not shaking up the cast is what made RHONJ so toxic these last few seasons. And is what kind of made RHOP almost head in that direction as well. Though in Potomac's case, they seems to have realized this and cut a few HWs from each "side". So we'll see how that goes.

Also, I liked RHOD! The last season was meh, but seasons 2 and 3 of that were pretty good.

The thing about Jesus Jugs was that she bragged as much as Heather but she never had the bank account to back up her boasting the way Heather can at least.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Palimelon said:

Not shaking up the cast is what made RHONJ so toxic these last few seasons.

Disagree. It's not the cast, it's production encouraging, often assisting, with the constant battles, warring factions/teams, takedowns, etc.

Despite declining ratings across the board, they continually amplify petty squabbles and seemingly reward those who willingly stir up drama & drive constant divisiveness.

It appears to be 100% focused on conflict which takes the fun & entertainment out these shows. I miss the the days when they were light & fluffy. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

It's not the cast, it's production encouraging, often assisting, with the constant battles, warring factions/teams, takedowns, etc.

Disagree. They do that with every HWs show and it hasn't happened to every HWs show...yet.

13 minutes ago, Palimelon said:

Disagree. They do that with every HWs show and it hasn't happened to every HWs show...yet.

There are different production companies across the various Housewives franchises. OC is Evolution Media, which also produces RHOBH.

Similar to BH, the last two seasons of OC, coinciding with Tamrat's return, have had a decidedly nasty conflict heavy vibe. IMHO, that's production's influence, both in casting & storyline.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, snarts said:

It appears to be 100% focused on conflict which takes the fun & entertainment out these shows. I miss the the days when they were light & fluffy. 

Yeah I prefer the petty arguments for drama, like taking a bow off a cake, whether or not someone was called insecure, and lighthearted funny moments like Ramona walking down the runway or little Milania calling her daddy a big poop. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, hottesthw said:

Jim was a dangerous, controlling asshole, IMO. I think that explains her wild streak now. Lots of pent-up anger and aggression.

I so agree — the decline started with Tamra (wasn’t she let go for a reason?) and has accelerated with Alexis. It seems they keep trying to find a place for Vicki, but clearly there is none, for which we should be thankful. When these shows cut people loose, they should stay gone. Tamra is now the heiress to Vicki’s claim of it being “her show.” 

1 hour ago, snarts said:

Disagree. It's not the cast, it's production encouraging, often assisting, with the constant battles, warring factions/teams, takedowns, etc.

Despite declining ratings across the board, they continually amplify petty squabbles and seemingly reward those who willingly stir up drama & drive constant divisiveness.

There is enough agitation in the world that I shouldn’t have to tolerate it in shows that are allegedly for my “entertainment.” I don’t know why they think people want a steady diet of backstabbing and shrieking. We need a break from that.

I’ve tried getting into NJ, and I just can’t for that very reason.

1 hour ago, Palimelon said:

It’s like a disease, no matter who the showrunners are. All these shows get to be practically unwatchable at some point.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
7 hours ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

don’t know if the homeowner of the home Shannon hit has sued her, but if these tapes show John knowingly letting Shannon behind the wheel of her car, I would be amending my suit real fast to add him as a defendant. He is going to wish he had

If John didn't provide alcohol for Shannon  or allow her to drink at his house I can't see him being responsible for not allowing Shannon to get behind the wheel. That's on her. Shannon admitted that she got in her car and roared off to piss John off. He is not her keeper. Now if he gave her alcohol that would be different. 

• Like 2

I was really appalled when Gina said that it had to be about her family and not our family. And that she was basically abandoning those children when she had been a second mother to them. But I had a thought. Nobody’s bugging Gina about this. And when brought up on WWHL, Jen said she can understand that it’s all for the best. It’s making me think that it is a set up, put together during the court custody proceedings taking place between Travis and his ex-wife. Perhaps the whole “you made this decision” remark by Travis, was just for the camera.  Travis and Gina don’t want a shared domicile, or Gina using her earnings from the show and Realty business for his kids to be taken into account when child support and settlements are being made.  So they staged this move and separation.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1