Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Jen and the bros jet off to Australia.

Would it be weird if I ask my coworkers in Australia whether whisky shots with kangaroo testicles is “a thing”? I can’t even imagine.

• LOL 4
Just now, DEL901 said:

And now Aaron is letting Devin get in his head. Focus on Jenn and get on with things. 

I hate when the producers convince someone to make a Wrong Reasons accusation. Shut up, Aaron. How fucking presumptuous to tell Devon what Jen wants/needs. You each spent 5 minutes talking to her. Maybe Devin got 15 minutes. 

• Like 3

Devin is a button pusher and Aaron has let him.   Does Aaron think he is special because is brother was on the show?   I don’t like Devin but Jenn does.  He will be outlasting Aaron unless Aaron can focus on Jenn and ignore the distractions.  

• Like 5

Jenn seems really flattered by the attention of Devin.  I don't care for him at all.  But what he is doing is working with Jenn.  Not so much with the other guys.  

• Like 6
1 minute ago, LakeGal said:

Jenn seems really flattered by the attention of Devin.  I don't care for him at all.  But what he is doing is working with Jenn.  Not so much with the other guys.  

And Aaron has to remember that her opinion is the only one that counts.  Aaron is acting like the “Right Reasons” police.  He is just shooting himself in the foot. 

• Like 3
(edited)

I feel like those two little buttons are risky on solid ground, let alone hurtling from the sky—with or without the safety gear. The hoop earrings, the long hair. I feel like there’s too much of a risk of getting caught on something.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 3
Just now, Stats Queen said:

I feel like Marcus is still dealing with PTSD (although it never goes all the way away)

Eh, maybe I’m jaded but at least he has a decent sob story to tell. Better than I was chubby in 6th grade.

• Like 4

I really like Dylan! I’m always going to root for the hot nerd! I hope becoming a member of Bachelor Family won’t derail his med school plans.

• Like 2

This man brought a self-help book! This proves this was pre-meditated Wrong Reasons, bringing this book to target someone with. Can we move along to the 2:1 already? Leave Aaron in an abandoned Borders bookstore, while Jen and Devin skip off to Baskin Robbins.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Whoa! In a wild spin of the brolette wheel, Tomas stole Devin instead of Jen—and no one even went to talk to Jen!

Go, Jen! Her setting the boundaries that they’re making decisions for her and the 10 minutes spent fighting wasted her time more was the first time I really liked her and can see her as the lead. Tomas done goofed, though. They had a connection, but I’m afraid he screwed it up.

• Like 3

Last week I fell asleep with the tv on after the 1st hour of the episode and was able to catch it later and felt I didn’t miss much. This week I chose to do something else and logged on just now to see if there was anything interesting for me to watch later and from the comments here and elsewhere, it doesn’t look so, just the usual drama.

• Like 4

Perhaps Aaron’s wrong reasons policing is not designed to actually get Jenn but to get attention and a possible bid to Paradise (if it comes back). 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Perhaps Aaron’s wrong reasons policing is not designed to actually get Jenn but to get attention and a possible bid to Paradise (if it comes back). 

Agreed.  Aaron seems more interested in himself and in screen time than in Jen.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

On the plus side, ABC confirmed Paradise will be back in 2025. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

Aaron actually brought a self help book to give to someone! That's so hilariously passive aggressive and bitchy, Devin is a loudmouth jerk, but Aaron isn't making himself look any better. Unless he asked a producer to find him a book for this bit, he came in here looking to be the Wrong Reasons Police and to find a villain to defeat. Devin is clearly baiting him and he's falling for it hook, line, and sinker. I find Devin's "charm" to be sleazy, but Jenn is apparently into it.

The guys this season are so embarrassingly immature and lame. Some of them seem nice enough, like Hakeem, but we are mostly stuck with a bunch of idiots who are more interested in being the big swinging cock than they are in Jenn. 

Hakeem really shouldn't have mentioned he hated spiders. 

• Like 5
(edited)

I hate that Aaron and Thomas had me on Devin’s side in these disputes.  Of course, Devin is a total sleaze…and will probably go far because Jenn seems to like him…a lot.

Edited by DEL901
  • Like 2
(edited)

So I guess Devin's the

21 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I hate when the producers convince someone to make a Wrong Reasons accusation. 

Wrong Reasons are Bachelor(ette) traditions along with tears, ambulances, "leaps" of faith/"falling" in love dates, "I didn't think it would be this hard", "I've never felt like this before", "I feel like the luckiest man/woman in the world", "I didn't come here to make friends", "I know my wife/husband is in this room", "This has been such an amazing journey", and of course, Neil Lane.

I guess Devin is this season's villain (we gotta have at least one), but I'm also having a problem taking a guy wearing a pearl necklace seriously.  

Just wanted to check out Jenn after seeing some promo after having not watched either franchise in many, many years (I think the "On The Wings of Love" season with the Bachelor who was a pilot might have been the last one I watched).  Looks like not much has changed.

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

So I guess Devin's the

Wrong Reasons are Bachelor(ette) traditions along with tears, ambulances, "leaps" of faith/"falling" in love dates, "I didn't think it would be this hard", "I've never felt like this before", "I feel like the luckiest man/woman in the world", "I didn't come here to make friends", "I know my wife/husband is in this room", "This has been such an amazing journey", and of course, Neil Lane.

I guess Devin is this season's villain (we gotta have at least one), but I'm also having a problem taking a guy wearing a pearl necklace seriously.  

Just wanted to check out Jenn after seeing some promo after having not watched either franchise in many, many years (I think the "On The Wings of Love" season with the Bachelor who was a pilot might have been the last one I watched).  Looks like not much has changed.

Oh, wow! That’s the original pilot, Jake—not even the more recent pilot, Peter. But, yeah, not much has changed in 20 years other than there are a lot more people Here for the Wrong Reasons nowadays now that everyone wants to be an influencer. Back in the good old days you would just have a random one-off guy trying to become a wrestler or country music star or promoting his local trampoline park.

• Like 2

I remembered this happening, but I didn’t remember it was Noah.   Explains why Aaron had the book at the ready…

IMG_2477.jpeg

• Like 2

I give props to Jenn for pointing out that the eight pack was acting as if they should choose who she talked to.  

But really this season has already reached the eye rolling stage.  Normally it takes more than two days for the contestants to become obsessed with each other.  And Jenn has to know she is throwing red meat into the kennel by the way she is encouraging Devo.

None of these people are capable of carrying a whole season.

• Like 2
(edited)

I am only watching now because I was in Melbourne about five years ago.  They have already been to two places I saw while I was there.  These guys are nincompoops, so garden-variety loser candidates, except for the Army Ranger guy, who she probably doesn’t choose.

Edited by b2H
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Oh, wow! That’s the original pilot, Jake—not even the more recent pilot, Peter.

Omg remember when they had the special with Jake and cross eyed Vienna and they argued the whole time? And at one point he was like "STOP INTERRUPTING ME!" and Vienna ran off and cried? Man, those were good times.

On topic, I genuinely don't know what Jenn sees in Devin. Unless she's hoping Pete Davidson's BDE has rubbed off on Devin and she fancies herself some sort of Ariana/Kim hybrid.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

When Aaron said he is giving him Devin his own book I thought he wrote it himself but regardless I had a huge cringe moment there. Devin is is an ass, but Aaron is patronizing and Devin knows how to push his uptight buttons. He kind looks like Sal Vulcano from Impractical Jokers. 

No one is standing out to me and I’m still not warming up to Jenn. Maybe it’s the hair extensions and collection of boas or whatever she wearing.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
20 hours ago, Ivana Tinkle said:

Omg remember when they had the special with Jake and cross eyed Vienna and they argued the whole time? And at one point he was like "STOP INTERRUPTING ME!" and Vienna ran off and cried? Man, those were good times.

On topic, I genuinely don't know what Jenn sees in Devin. Unless she's hoping Pete Davidson's BDE has rubbed off on Devin and she fancies herself some sort of Ariana/Kim hybrid.

I don’t know why this is forever ingrained in my memory—maybe because it was the first A Very Special Break-up episode, but I was glued to my screen when Vienna was sobbing that Jake was verbally abusive over how she re-arranged the bedroom furniture, and he screamed, “The dresser was blocking the door jamb!!!!” Like, even on TV, weeks after the fact, he couldn’t hold it together to try to show he’s not verbally abusive, lol.

• LOL 3

What the hell is Jen wearing for these evening dates?! She's covering her arms with Sesame Street Muppets!  Devin stole Jen away for gelato on the group date and then had the nerve to steal her again with more ice cream? It's too much ice cream.  Is he a feeder? 😅 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
On 7/15/2024 at 9:38 PM, JenE4 said:

Whoa! In a wild spin of the brolette wheel, Tomas stole Devin instead of Jen—and no one even went to talk to Jen!

Go, Jen! Her setting the boundaries that they’re making decisions for her and the 10 minutes spent fighting wasted her time more was the first time I really liked her and can see her as the lead. Tomas done goofed, though. They had a connection, but I’m afraid he screwed it up.

Yeah, Tomas handled that one all wrong. He made several mistakes, but his biggest one by far was actually saying "we had decided that Austin would be the first one to get time with you." Besides taking away her agency or whatever, it just made them all sound like absolute idiots.

I can't stand Devin though and I really thought he'd be gone on night 1. Anyone who self-describes as a big personality is almost always obnoxious. Also, there is a tendency to confuse loudness or brashness with personality when they are in fact, not the same thing. He's also ugly, which is something I could look past if he were nice or entertaining, but he is neither. 

No one standing out to me so far (in a good way, anyway.) Aaron's tattletale-ing bullshit feels awfully early, the roles on this show have become so formulaic that people step into the them sooner and sooner every year. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/16/2024 at 9:51 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Devin is is an ass, but Aaron is patronizing and Devin knows how to push his uptight buttons. He kind looks like Sal Vulcano from Impractical Jokers. 

Thomas looks like an Asian Colin Farrell.  Something about Austin's face (thinner and minus the hair) looks like Ryan (as in OG Bachelorette Trista's husband)...maybe it's the eyes?

Edited by LuvMyShows
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I can't imagine that the producers could watch that last episode and think that it's something to be proud of (to the extent that one can ever be proud of a Bach/ette episode!)  All we know is that one "bully" and two p*ssys beta males are involved in a lot of ridiculous petty drama about nothing. We don't have any insight into the personalities of the others to have a clue as to how/why Jenn gave roses to the ones she did (other than she melts in the presence of Sam). I remember on Tayshia's season, when it was Covid-restricted and they couldn't leave the resort, this forum really enjoyed getting to know the guys in-depth. I wish we could get more of that and less of the high school hallway bullsh*t.

• Like 5

Jenn and the constant “like” and the uptalking, the “OMG!!!!” followed by giggles, trying to be all cutesy is starting to grate on me.  

• Like 4

AAron reminds me of if Troy Aikman and Harry Connick, Jr. had a baby.  I wonder if he's still closeted.  

They are going to be hard-pressed to pick the next Bachelor out of this group.

• Like 3
(edited)

Watching this episode very late. I kind  of hate that the producers, or someone behind  the scenes, encourages the rivalry. "Hey, you know what would be great? Take this cart with ice cream and go interrupt her time with the other guy." Every season, this happens. The TV audience knows that the guys can't arrange this on their own, but it's getting so predictable. 

I can't tell these guys apart yet. I'm not invested enough to try. 

Jens lilac sweater with the 2 buttons. She wore it with such confidence. I would be checking those buttons every 2 minutes. 

I saw half the episode, the rest was not shown in chicago due to tornado coverage. But I don't really  care. This season just seems boring.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Like 4