Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: The Last Wedding

I didn't think that this episode was an improvement on last season. I did not think that it was very funny.

Did Zoey have work done? She looked different somehow. Maybe it was just her hair style.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

I thought this was a great episode. Biggest laugh of the night was Jess saying, "Do guys still like girls with an Oakland face and an LA booty?" It was funny to reference that song in Jess' awkward way, but then I realized she got it backwards! Guys want an LA face (pretty) with an Oakland (thick) booty. 

I like everyone being single. Just feels like anyone could hook up with anyone else. Felt like a season 1 episode to me.

• Love 1

I also enjoyed this episode.  It got quite a few laughs from me.  My favorite part was Jess' vagina voice, that had me going.  Come to think of it, I really liked all of Zooey's scenes with Jessica Biel.  They worked really well together.  I also really liked how they used her guest spot here.  She added to the rest of the cast without taking over the show like Prince did.  Overall, I'd say this was a solid episode and I hope they keep the momentum going throughout the season.

So I completely forgot that Nick was wearing tap shoes until we hear him running away from Schmidt and Winston half way through.  And then I could not not hear that sound. And I loved it.  All in all this was a great episode for me, with everyone paying to their strengths, but not too far afield as they did sometimes last season. And we got both a sex fist and a sex finger.

I thought this was the best episode in a long while. Jess was perfect. With the sex fist joke and the awkwardness of her in the men's room. I just loved her. Winston was spot-on too. When he sits down at the table and starts going on and on about the salt and pepper, I just lost it. My love of Winston knows no bounds. 

MOAR WINSTON! I hope we get to see him at the Police Academy. 

• Love 1

This episode was a big step forward for the show, and by forward I mean backward to what made it great in the first place. Zany antics without being too exceedingly over the top. Jessica Biel was perfect. The conclusion to that plot was somewhat anticlimactic. Couldn't they have come up with something better than he couldn't decide?

How about sending him on the foursome with the two girls and the priest? 

The biggest downside with this new season is that the cast has grown to the point where each character isn't getting as much screen time as I would like them to. (*cough* Winston) Really curious where they go with the Police Academy thing, because, let's be honest, there's no way Winston makes it as a police officer.

Is Coach officially a regular now? There's still no Coach in the opening sequence. Or Cece for that matter.

I thought it was pretty funny. I loved that Nick was wearing tap shoes, that every time he walked you would hear them but it wasn't commented on.

Jessica Biel was really good. I didn't know she could be so funny. I also thought it was great when the guy just couldn't choose. 

Is Coach officially a regular now? There's still no Coach in the opening sequence. Or Cece for that matter.

They are using the same opening sequence that they've had since S1, which Coach and Cece were not part of, but that isn't a reflection of anyone's status as a regular. I haven't been keeping up with press and casting stuff, so I'm not sure if Coach is a regular this season though.

I loved Nick's explanation for the tap shoes - he thought they were really shiny dress shoes!

One thing that always annoys me on tv shows/movies is when characters go into a bathroom stall and sit down on the toilet fully dressed. Ugh. There are way too many cooties in the bathroom for me to believe anyone would do that. Yuck!

• Love 2

I laughed. Not as much as I did in the first 2 seasons but I think it was an improvement on the back half of last season. Not enough Winston (how did salt get shoved in that tiny, tiny pepper hole?) and just enough Cece for me.  I liked Nick running away mid conversation and saying that all Schmidt gets in the four way out of him is his hand dangling into the mix while he checks his phone.

Edited by Iboatedhere
  • Love 3

I didn't think that this episode was an improvement on last season. I did not think that it was very funny.

Did Zoey have work done? She looked different somehow. Maybe it was just her hair style.

I couldn't figure out why she looked different, either.  Maybe the hair and the gap between the bangs.

I thought the fridge was pretty funny, especially since mine is covered in Save The Date magnets and baby announcements. It's overwhelming, and I really should just dump them all and start fresh. 

As far as a premiere? It was okay. I laughed a bit, and I thought Jessica Biel was fantastic, but it seemed a little off to me. Nick running away was definitely a highlight. 

I still think the addition of Coach has sort of watered down the show. It took them so long to develop Winston into a main character that now it feels like a step backwards. Jess, Nick and Schmidt are the leads and Winston and Coach are sort of also-rans. They should have dropped one or the other, preferably Coach.

Not a bad episode though.  

• Love 3

Also, MORE WINSTON.

I love Winston, but I don't know if much more Winston would be a good thing.  I like to think of him as the salt of the group.  Just the right amount enhances the flavor of everybody.  Too much potentially ruins the whole thing.  My favorite Winston moment last night was him yelling "I CAN'T CLOSE MY ASS!" followed by Jess, Nick, and Coach's reaction shots.   I do want to actually see Winston in the police academy.  And I kinda want it to be exactly like the movie, including a visit to the Blue Oyster Bar.

• Love 2

Blah. I CAN NOT stand Jessica Biel so her presence spoiled the episode for me. Overall, it wasn't bad, there were some funny moments. Winston & the salt/pepper, Jake & his tap shoes, Jess & the fisting, then realizing what she was actually doing.

The thing that I didn't like about the ending was that they were mad about all the weddings because how dare other people want to make a lifelong commitment to each other and invite their friends to witness it? Just because Jess and the gang are single doesn't mean that all these people are getting married just to spite and torture them. But what really annoyed me was when Jess decided they were going to flake on next week's wedding. That is ridiculously rude. The average wedding spends at least $100 per guest for food, alcohol, and favors (way more if it is like all the other weddings we have seen on this show). The six of them not going at the last minute means this poor couple just wasted a minimum of $600 because Jess is having a temper tantrum about being single. Rude!

I fully support taking all the wedding invitations off the refeigerator though. Why do people feel compelled to display those?

I think the invitations are just reminders for the dates -- not meant for 'display'.  And I don't think it's that rude to rip up the invitations but I've never gotten married. 

Blah. I CAN NOT stand Jessica Biel so her presence spoiled the episode for me

So much plastic surgery.  Zooey is really becoming a victim too.

I never said it was rude to rip up the invitations, just that it's rude to flake on a wedding at the last minute (even without the amount of money it costs for a wedding, it is rude to flake on most plans at the last minute, especially when you take into account the lame reason). I think once you send an invitation to someone, they are free to do whatever they want with it. Some people throw them away as soon as they arrive and just mark the date in their calendar. But for some reason, there are people who love to decorate their refrigerators or bulletin boards with other people's invitations. I can understand if, say, your mom puts yours up, but wallpapering your fridge with every one that gets sent to you? Meanwhile Jess still has Cece's up and her disastrous non-wedding was over a year ago!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Meanwhile Jess still has Cece's up and her disastrous non-wedding was over a year ago!

Yeah, that's insane, especially given that it was a disastrous non-wedding. Every time Cece came over for a year she just saw that?

It was funny but I thought the storyline was a bit boring. I thought the Mindy Project premiere was funnier. This episode just dragged a little and felt like it went on forever. 

I don't think their reactions to flaking on the wedding had so much to do with the wedding itself but that they had been invited to 12 weddings already. I can understand getting frustrated at that, I mean enough is enough. Not that I think that would ever really happen to anybody in real life anyway. 

By one year, I meant one wedding season aka one summer. I thought Schmidt said this was the tenth wedding of the year. Most of them were probably over the summer. If you go to one per weekend for ten weeks, that's over two months.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I loved this episode. My favorite line was "how food the salt get in that tiny, tiny pepper hole?". I love when Winston has no idea he's making everyone uncomfortable. They had the right balance of Nick too. Awkward but not over the top dumb. And Jake Johnson was looking very hot.

• Love 3

Jake and Schmidt were totally doing it for me this episode.  Hot!

Overall I thought it was pretty funny.  I laughed at the running sex-fist joke and some others.  Still overall a lesser quality than seasons 1 and 2, but seems more promising than season 3. 

So much plastic surgery.  Zooey is really becoming a victim too.

I could not disagree more about Zooey.  She looked beautiful to me, but not in any way "tweaked."  I think it was her hairdo that was a bit different--it was bigger/fluffier.  And she had more makeup on than usual, too. 

• Love 1