Type keyword(s) to search

S11. E16: Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

(edited)

Sandoval finds himself on the defensive when he gets called out for his poor decisions in the press. While Ariana builds a life on Broadway with her new boyfriend, questions remain about what to do with the shared house in L.A. Scheana and Brock discuss the turbulence in their marriage. Everyone is brought to tears as Brock describes the impact Scheana and Summer have had on his life. Lala challenges Katie’s authenticity about her feelings toward Ariana.  

The seating chart of the reunion.

Screenshot_20240514_155440_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ZettaK

“Everyone is brought to tears as Brock describes the impact Scheana and Summer have had on his life.”

Aargh. How old are Brock’s other children? I hope they don’t hear about this.

I do like how far away from Andy and LVP Scheana is sitting at the Reunion.

I have been a Lala fan. But she is working my last nerve. 

• Like 5

Tom deflated ego when Andy said “Your girlfriend used to date Leo!”  Downgraded from an Oscar winner to just a wiener. 

Show had a good run, but now it’s time to put it out to pasture. *Yawn 

Working Butters Stotch GIF by South Park

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Not a fan of Katie’s open under-breast fashion.  Arianna had it too, but hers was covered with a sheer fabric.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

I found it interesting (not really) when Katie said to Tom "impact vs. intent" (ie, its the impact of your words/actions not the intent that matters), shutting him down when he tried to explain himself.   But then when Lala was going off on Katie, all she could do is sit there and give all these explanations for why she did everything she said/did.  I  wish Andy had caught that and said something to her. 

• Like 4

Way too much chatter from ms Lala. Didn't  care for Katie's  dress.

Actually,  it was all pretty  boring.

I did see Toms girlfriend on wwhl,  she seems nice. I'm a little surprised Dan and Ariana  are still together.

• Like 3

So Sandoval couldn’t break up with Ariana because she threatened suicide. But he felt comfortable talking about her suicidal thoughts on camera because he thought Ariana was faking it.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Angry 4
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2

Why does Lala get so much time to talk? She never shuts up. She waves those horrible looking nails around and all I can think of is all the nasty dirt and debris that gets caught in them. She’s gross. I also don’t believe she was “groomed” by Randall. The asshole groomed herself because she wanted to be rich. Shut up already! 
Tom can’t just apologize can he?  Rachel taking off her clothes and jumping in the pool made him feel like a victim? What a moronic jerk he is. 
Im sure Katie is annoyed with Ariana. They start planning the sandwich shop since their days on the show have to be numbered. Tom and Rachel start their gross affair and finally get caught. Ariana is then given lots of opportunities while the rest of the cast is stuck with podcasts interviews. I don’t blame Ariana for ditching the sandwich shop when she could be on broadway and tv shows and commercials.  I also get Katie feeling abandoned. Honestly the sandwich shop sounds like a waste of time at this point. 
I don’t get how Brock is such a great dad when the only kid he sees is Summer Moons. Also why doesn’t the man do something beside ride Scheanas coattails? What an odd dynamic.

Side note., I find Ocean and Summer Moon to be such stupid lazy and shitty names to give a child. Lala and Scheana might find it cute now but shame on both those morons for doing that to their daughters.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

As DJ Muppet Baby has said, I am beyond tired of Scandoval. Let's move on, please. While it was nice to not have people screaming at each other, it was also boring because there wasn't a lot to talk about this season.

• Like 6

Ariana, the editors would like us to believe, got too big for her britches.

They show a snooty reaction to Lala monologuing about how brave Ariana was, choosing to attend last season’s Reunion; Ariana had a supportive team of friends on set and right outside. 

They show her snooty reaction to LVP claiming that PUMP was a success, since it was profiting for ten years: “Really?”

It surprises me that many companies are still offering Ariana opportunities. Maybe I am envious (I pursued an acting career in my 20s and 30s). Does this mean that many CEOs identify with Ariana because their significant others cheated on them, too? Or do many in PR just want to milk the scandal for as long as possible? 

• Like 2

The only reunion episode I am waiting for is the final one, where they have the cast watch that last sequence in the finale episode.  They won’t show those reactions until the last ten minutes of the reunion because it’s all they have.

With Ariana on Broadway, the next season, if there is one, will be so far away, it’ll be worthless.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, TheCouchPotato said:

Show had a good run, but now it’s time to put it out to pasture. *Yawn 

This is going to be judged less on the fans who've been  here forever and are leaving, and far more from the people who showed up with Scandoval and could end up staying.  

Again, I might be completely wrong, but canceling the show at the height of its popularity seems wacko.

9 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

And Lala feels she is right about everything and more wise than everyone.

There was a HELL of a lot of Lala in this first episode.  Like, why is LALA talking about Brock and how he feels about his children in Australia and how good a father he is?  Who cares?  I'd have thought that was Scheana's lane.

8 hours ago, Thumper said:

Not a fan of Katie’s open under-breast fashion.

Agree.  It can work, but it did not here.

• Like 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

It surprises me that many companies are still offering Ariana opportunities. Maybe I am envious (I pursued an acting career in my 20s and 30s). Does this mean that many CEOs identify with Ariana because their significant others cheated on them, too? Or do many in PR just want to milk the scandal for as long as possible? 

There is no evidence she is remotely difficult to work with or actually over people she's hasn't been dealing with for over ten years.  Everyone on the Brooadway run she's been dealing with loves her, and this is not a group of performers and humans that suffers nonsense.  Obviously neither of us know her personally, but she seems to get work because she's professional and does the work without pissing people off.  (And, of course, her popularity is VERY high right now.  It's a cold business, in a year, who knows?)

2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Rachel taking off her clothes and jumping in the pool made him feel like a victim?

It is surprising that he can so easily manage to top whatever the last insanely batshit narcissistic thing he said with such astonishingly consistency.

1 hour ago, b2H said:

With Ariana on Broadway, the next season, if there is one, will be so far away, it’ll be worthless.

Also, Love Island, I thought that was the main driver of this.

I don't think a break will hurt the show, but what it needs more than anything is new cast members, driven by the youngsters, Allie and James.  ACTUAL struggling young people.  I think BRAVO just must suck at casting somehow.  I'd fire everybody in that department.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 11

Way too much Lala. Between her & Scheana, it's like a face-off of who can make any situation about them & their feelings on it. 

Take note, Scheana, :Lala just put on a masterclass in why no one should ever confide in her about anything. Trying to drive a wedge between Katie & Ariana by sharing details of the one time Katie was feeling frustrated about progress on the sandwich shop was such a low blow. Glad it didn't work. I hate when people try to justify shitting on people by saying others have done the same. Be better.

Guarantee that production scrambled to show them the final episode after Ariana said that she hadn't watched the season yet. Why do they seem so hellbent on publicly torturing her? Oh, you think Lala/Scheana are your friends? Sit here and watch this so we can record your reaction.

Finally, why the F is Brock on stage when Ally isn't?

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 hours ago, TheCouchPotato said:

Tom deflated ego when Andy said “Your girlfriend used to date Leo!”  Downgraded from an Oscar winner to just a wiener. 

I didn't clock that. To me, it seemed like something he would take as a compliment, as if he is a peer of Leo's (who I don't think is all that, to be honest; IMO, he and Tom are about equal in the appearance category. Don't go by me though; my celeb BF is Rob Zombie). 

10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Scheana would like to point out that it was her idea to cover the Lego portrait. 

I was hoping it would be revealed that she'd reworked the Legos in the portrait into something funny.

10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Rachquel was grooming Sandoval when she took all her clothes off and jumped in his pool.

He may as well have added, "And it was so much better than Ariana could ever look that I couldn't not cheat!" Does he seriously not get how saying certain things reveals more about him than it does about whomever he's attempting to defend himself against and/or denigrate? It's like Round 2 of "but you keep your shirt on" -- another remark that I assume he thought would bolster his case, but did the opposite. 

As an aside, I hate those big long nails too, but I don't understand the notion that one would be unable to keep them clean. I get that one might not do so, but not that it's any more difficult than it is to keep short nails clean. You can still get under there with a wood stick and a nail brush, same as you can with short nails. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

I long for a time when LaLa lives her life of "quiet desperation" instead of this shrieking, screaming life of desperation.

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, snarts said:

YES!

This was legitimately surprising, she was onscreen as much as anyone.  That was very strange.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Or do many in PR just want to milk the scandal for as long as possible? 

If it's multiple choice, pick this one.

22 minutes ago, Lassus said:

YES!

This was legitimately surprising, she was onscreen as much as anyone.  That was very strange.

Because he's a big fan of Tommy Turd and will be happy to put down Ariana and her failure to "reach out" to him.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Side note., I find Ocean and Summer Moon to be such stupid lazy and shitty names to give a child. Lala and Scheana might find it cute now but shame on both those morons for doing that to their daughters.

Lala and Scheana gave them those names because they're convinced they'll be the next generation of reality stars and need reality star names. I'm sure they're looking at how Teresa has been able to promote her daughters as a model and are thinking of how they will be able to do the same for theirs.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I found it interesting (not really) when Katie said to Tom "impact vs. intent" (ie, its the impact of your words/actions not the intent that matters), shutting him down when he tried to explain himself.   But then when Lala was going off on Katie, all she could do is sit there and give all these explanations for why she did everything she said/did.  I  wish Andy had caught that and said something to her. 

The difference is that Tom was saying stupid shit publicly, while Katie privately vented to a friend she thought she could trust, but obviously could not. It is only natural that she would feel frustrated that Ariana was away so much while she's left behind to work on the sandwich shop, so she shared that with Lala, who then used it against her. Thankfully, Katie eventually talked about it with Ariana and they're cool. Lala needs to shut the fuck up.

Like others, I also wondered why Brock was there and Lala wasn't. He is such a tool. Also, idiot: You did not need to have a NYT subscription to read that stupid Tom article. They allow a few reads before the paywall goes up. Tom was such a jackass and when he first spoke with the reporter, the PR person was a young, inexperienced girl who also was a fan of the show and didn't step in when she should have, which is why his stupid quotes were in the story.

• Like 12
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Take note, Scheana, :Lala just put on a masterclass in why no one should ever confide in her about anything. Trying to drive a wedge between Katie & Ariana by sharing details of the one time Katie was feeling frustrated about progress on the sandwich shop was such a low blow. Glad it didn't work. I hate when people try to justify shitting on people by saying others have done the same. Be better.

Right? Someone needs to tell Lala that doing that to Katie is NOT being a ride or die. It also does not show the growth she's trying to convince everyone she has made over the years. She is the epitome of do as I say and not as I do (or have done). 

• Like 10
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ariana, the editors would like us to believe, got too big for her britches.

They show a snooty reaction to Lala monologuing about how brave Ariana was, choosing to attend last season’s Reunion; Ariana had a supportive team of friends on set and right outside. 

They show her snooty reaction to LVP claiming that PUMP was a success, since it was profiting for ten years: “Really?”

They want to milk the scandal for as long as they can.

• Like 4
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Because he's a big fan of Tommy Turd and will be happy to put down Ariana and her failure to "reach out" to him. 

Ally?  Is this a typo?  Otherwise I'm completely lost.

Wait, maybe I get it.  I was surprised ALLY wasn't onstage.  I was not surprised Brock WAS onstage, that's legitimate.  But if he is, Ally should be.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Ally will appear later on. Photo from the reunion.

Screenshot_20240515_072339_Samsung Internet.jpg

37 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Wait, maybe I get it.  I was surprised ALLY wasn't onstage.  I was not surprised Brock WAS onstage, that's legitimate.  But if he is, Ally should be.

Ally will appear later.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Well, I didn't doubt this, but any stage Brock is on, Ally deserves to be on.  Keeping her off for any of it if Brock is there seems weird and probably just cheap on Bravo's part. Maybe didn't want to pay her.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Screenshot_20240515_072339_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ally will appear later.

Green dress! Raquel liked green dresses too.

• LOL 2
(edited)

I really wanted Lala to shut the hell up. She acts like she is the expert on everything. Ariana looked really hurt when Lala was saying all the things that Katie said. I root for the Katie/Ariana friendship. 

Also, why would Lala think she would be the best person for Rachel to talk to? Lala has hated Rachel for years, even before the scandal broke.

Edited by MaggieG
  • Like 12
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

Well, I didn't doubt this, but any stage Brock is on, Ally deserves to be on.  Keeping her off for any of it if Brock is there seems weird and probably just cheap on Bravo's part. Maybe didn't want to pay her.

It could be because Brock was a cast member longer than her. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Scheana would like to point out that it was her idea to cover the Lego portrait. 

I was really hoping Schemer did something with the Lego blocks, but she's not clever enough to that. I did find it amusing that we never saw the portrait with a blanket over it for the entire season.

6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Isn't ten years about the life expectancy of gimmicky restaurants like PUMP?  I find it hard to believe successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks  closed over some sort of rent dispute.

6 hours ago, b2H said:

The only reunion episode I am waiting for is the final one, where they have the cast watch that last sequence in the finale episode.  They won’t show those reactions until the last ten minutes of the reunion because it’s all they have.

I thought it was standard operating procedure to "brush up" on the finally.

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, geej said:

I did not understand who had the wall paper with Leo's arm around a pretty brunette. Help?

I think that the wallpaper was in the mud room, near the garage of the house Sandoval and Ariana purchased together. Ariana said that she was the one who chose the wallpaper.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 1
(edited)

I don't understand the After Show; it says "S11 E16: After Show, Reunion Part 1" but it seems like it's all about older stuff than what we saw last night. For instance, they're still/again talking about that guys' meat dinner.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1

So, if anyone was still somehow wondering if Tom would have given Ariana a sincere apology in the finale had she not walked away, we now have a definitive answer.  The "it's good for me!" and the way he started telling the others Ariana talked shit about them the second he didn't get what he wanted from her was a big ol' clue, but he supposedly wanted to apologize for weaponizing her mental health, correct?  And yet when that EXACT topic comes up, does take the opportunity to give that apology??? NO.  He doubles-down and says he didn't believe her, and that it was something she said to manipulate him to keep him from breaking up - something that is by definition considered abusive.  He got derailed by LVP, but he was on his way to making accusations that ARIANA had abusive behavior towards him, making HIM the actual victim.

I've actually been surprised by him.  I've known for a long time he was absolute garbage, but I did actually think he was far smarter than this.  I think production would have given him his redemption season.  There's no question that he's been more of a fan favorite through out the show's history, and Ariana has historically been seen as more dour and reserved.  I think they would have actually PREFERED to elevate him back over her and then cut her loose.  But he made it absolutely impossible, and they went shockingly hard on him after he said he didn't attack people.  They rolled like 7 different clips of screaming at people, and hitting Jax in the top of the head.  It's wild how much he cannot get out of his own way.

When they showed the little Schwartz/Lala package, I did genuinely laugh when she said, "You see?? This is why I have to be mean all the time!"

4 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Green dress! Raquel liked green dresses too.

I think this was filmed on, or very near, St. Patrick's Day.  There was something mentioned about an afterparty/SPD party after.

• Like 11
6 hours ago, Lassus said:

So sorry - I was referring to Scheana in that remark.  You probably aren't lost.  I may have accidentally dropped a sentence and not realized it.  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Also, why would Lala think she would be the best person for Rachel to talk to? Lala has hated Rachel for years, even before the scandal broke.

Which is why I think that whole text message was producer driven.  They wanted Rachel to come back and probably thought that if she thought Lala would put a lid on the mean-ness, she'd find her way back.  

Is snotting at Ariana with Katie's remarks part of this new nicer Lala that she's been touting all this time?  Or is the jealous bitch that has no career outside of LVP and will probably now be stuck in THE VALLEY showing her true colors?

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I feel as bad for Ariana watching part 1 as I did back when Scandoval broke. Because she has no idea that almost all these people she thought were her friends talked so much trash about her behind her back this season.

To me, that's almost as bad as being cheated on. Men are trash, we know this, but being betrayed by people you thought were your friends is even worse.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

If the rest of the reunion goes as poorly for LaLa as this and if there is another season I would bet everything I own on LaLa sleeping with Schwartz as her convoluted revenge on Katie for not falling into line and joining the LaLa anti-Arianna camp.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
9 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

He may as well have added, "And it was so much better than Ariana could ever look that I couldn't not cheat!" Does he seriously not get how saying certain things reveals more about him than it does about whomever he's attempting to defend himself against and/or denigrate? It's like Round 2 of "but you keep your shirt on" -- another remark that I assume he thought would bolster his case, but did the opposite. 

He does not!!!  The cheating aside, the worst thing he did on the show IMO was how he tried to ruin Stassi's book party - he was 100% at fault, even Ariana told him so, and the most he would give was "We were both wrong", to which Stassi just walked away and dropped it.

58 minutes ago, AnnieBananie said:

I feel as bad for Ariana watching part 1 as I did back when Scandoval broke. Because she has no idea that almost all these people she thought were her friends talked so much trash about her behind her back this season.

To me, that's almost as bad as being cheated on. Men are trash, we know this, but being betrayed by people you thought were your friends is even worse.

The only thing is that Ariana has made it pretty clear over the years that she's not really a fan of any of them.  Maybe she and Katie became close planning the Fake Sandwich Shop, and Katie hasn't said anything bad about her, but the rest of them she's given as good as she got this year, so oh well.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, princelina said:

He does not!!!  The cheating aside, the worst thing he did on the show IMO was how he tried to ruin Stassi's book party - he was 100% at fault, even Ariana told him so, and the most he would give was "We were both wrong", to which Stassi just walked away and dropped it.

It’s like he always thinks he has just such a great “gotcha!” in an argument and it’s…just not.

• Like 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, snarts said:

Way too much Lala. Between her & Scheana, it's like a face-off of who can make any situation about them & their feelings on it. 

Lala is so full of herself. Was she always this bad? I don't remember her attitude being at this level from her first season. I found it interesting that when Scheana mentioned her concern about there being something between Brock and Lala sometime in the future, Brock was silent. Even Lala's denial wasn't that forceful. She just said she would never do that to Scheana, not that she didn't think about Brock in that way. Hmm... 

Why does Lala get so much time to talk? She never shuts up. She waves those horrible looking nails around and all I can think of is all the nasty dirt and debris that gets caught in them. She’s gross. I also don’t believe she was “groomed” by Randall. The asshole groomed herself because she wanted to be rich. Shut up already! 

She's become one of my least favorites on here, and that's saying a lot as I don't really like any of them. I used to like her a little more just for her spitfire attitude, but she's taken it too far for me. It's veered into arrogance and self-importance. I do like her dress though and she looked nice. 

Not a fan of Katie’s open under-breast fashion.  Arianna had it too, but hers was covered with a sheer fabric.

Katie's dress was too tight around the torso and her breasts looked squished. I don't think it was flattering. 

The main thing this reunion taught me is that I haven't missed LVP's presence on this show AT ALL!!!  

ITA. Since none of them work for Lisa any longer, she is not needed on this show and could easily have been left off the reunion. If they continue the show they should either change the name or recast it with younger people who are starting out and actually work for Lisa. 

I am also wondering how old Brock's kids are. Teenagers who want nothing to do with him? 

I doubt the sandwich shop will ever open, nor do I care. Agree with Lisa that it's not just red tape that is causing a year-long delay. 

6 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Isn't ten years about the life expectancy of gimmicky restaurants like PUMP?  I find it hard to believe successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks  closed over some sort of rent dispute.

Yep when Lisa said the restaurant couldn't be profitable due to the rent, I inferred the restaurant was just not profitable. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I found it interesting that when Scheana mentioned her concern about there being something between Brock and Lala sometime in the future, Brock was silent. Even Lala's denial wasn't that forceful. She just said she would never do that to Scheana, not that she didn't think about Brock in that way. Hmm... 

Scheana didn’t say she has actual concerns about there being something between Lala and Brock; she used them as a hypothetical example, eg, “If Raquel and Tom who supposedly loved Ariana could do something so terrible to her, how do I know that [people who love me] couldn’t do the same to me?”

As for these reunion dresses (and those on other Bravo shows too), someone said that it’s as if these people look at themselves in a mirror standing up, but never consider how they’ll look sitting down.

The word “baby moon” is just stupid.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

If the rest of the reunion goes as poorly for LaLa as this and if there is another season I would bet everything I own on LaLa sleeping with Schwartz as her convoluted revenge on Katie for not falling into line and joining the LaLa anti-Arianna camp.

That sounds more like a punishment for Lala.

• LOL 3