Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Time To Get Serious

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

The candidates enter the sixth week of training camp and some contenders are placed in jeopardy when they don't look like a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. Melissa Rycroft and former DCC Tina Kalina sit in for Judy and give Kelli some fresh eyes.

Vivian. Wow. Could she have contradicted herself any more? She is injured. She's doing Barre Method and yoga. Wait. Change that. She's doing yoga "constantly". And apparently the definition of constantly is once a week. And I personally stood up and cheered when Kelli called her out on being self-absorbed. Constantly looking in the mirror, social media obsession, and I would have added the constant looking for the cameras to whisper talk. However even when Kelli was talking to her, I felt her facial expressions were something she had practiced in the mirror. And her "is it OK to have fun?" I'm so over her.

I would have loved to see more of the dance they were doing with DJ Guthrie. I thought it was cool that Kelli's friend was there giving feedback and her comments about Chandler's grandma face was spot-on.

Ooh! Next week looks like a juicy cut! I can't wait to see who it is and what she does that's "the most bizarre thing I've ever seen".

• Love 1

Woweee   wow wow wow! I was NOT expecting Kelly to say that stuff!!!  I hope it hits home! I had no idea that she was peeking at herself so much that it was that noticeable.  Self consumed!   Also, i don't know about that hamstring thing either.  I wasn't buying it.

I am SO glad Kelli called Vivian out! Finally! Her dancing sucks this year. Each time they tell her she's not powerful, she just gives them this confused look. I really think she expected to just walk onto the team this year.

• Love 1

"Self-involved" was probably the most perfect word to describe Vivian that Kelli could have used. She's gorgeous, but good lord, get over yourself. And I'm glad Kelli saw right through her lies regarding the jump split. I can't wait to see next week's episode, I'm willing to bet that her elimination will be the "weird" one. Vivian has seemed weird ever since she brought up her "fans".

Chandler does, indeed, look like a grandma. I was just shocked to see them say it on TV. Brittney looks old in the face as well, but I think she could just stand to gain some weight.

I feel like they're holding on to Alexandra just because they're lacking black girls this season (and I say this as a black girl).

Edited by NewDay
  • Love 5

No sure this is the place but didn't we used to have at least one or two reruns of an episode?  Now I only see the original and no rerun, not even in the hour before the next new episode.  I hope this doesn't mean that it is no longer a strong show and there is decreased hope for another season.  What would I do??

I knew Vivian was in trouble tonight early, not just because of her office visits, but the music in the background was "Meet me in Vegas Tonight", the very same music they played when Morgan was getting chewed out for being late to her interview.  Maybe it is just reserved for folks who were a part of TC or DCC last year.  That's why i figured Ashley P. wasn't going to be in trouble because when anytime she was being talked to, they didn't play it. :D

From next week's CMT episode guide: As Kelli and Judy release a girl from training camp, they have one of the most bizarre office moments ever as a candidate reads them a poem in anticipation of being cut.  

Someone needs to give Melissa R. a serious makeover. The call in mommy and daddy scene to help the girls was so bad. I would rather see a meeting between a veteran and a rookie. Kelli and Judy calling out Vivian. They got your number sweetie.

From next week's CMT episode guide: As Kelli and Judy release a girl from training camp, they have one of the most bizarre office moments ever as a candidate reads them a poem in anticipation of being cut.  

Someone needs to give Melissa R. a serious makeover. The call in mommy and daddy scene to help the girls was so bad. I would rather see a meeting between a veteran and a rookie. Kelli and Judy calling out Vivian. They got your number sweetie.

On my phone and can't find the post with the link, but that DFW magazine article with Vivian - she says she writes poetry. It's going to be comical next week.

Whoa re: Vivian! Just whoa. They laid into her so bad! When Kelly went "my fans" I about died. Ugh - that's so bad if Vivian is always staring in the mirror. Eye roll.

I felt so bad for Breelan when she said how she was upset that her mom had to see the negative things that were said about her. I understood so much how she felt - like she's probably trying to handle it all on her own like an adult and be positive around the people in personal life, then they drag in her mom and play videos of Judy and Kelly correcting her - and those things they were saying in the videos were pretty awful. I just felt so bad they did that to her. Along the lines of when they ambushed those girls at their homes to look at was in their fridge.

So many of the girls just looked stunning in the cameo footage - I don't know how people can say that the DCC uniform isn't flattering. Breelan, Vivian, Alexandra, Courtney - all looked amazing. It was true that Molly (the girl they cut) didn't look all that spectacular, and Chandler - ugh, she just needs to not smile that exaggerated way ever again. The grandma comment was very catty - but she does age a lot when she makes that face. She's cute w/ a relaxed smile and no smile though.

I'm still rooting for Alexandra - but it's not looking good w/ the dance footage shown tonight.

Several of the rookies looked amazing in their cameos- Breelan, Caila, Courtney, and Alexandra really stood out. Vivian looked really good too. Man I wish I was 22 again. Courtney totally transformed her body in 6 weeks. Now that I am in my 30's, it takes me about 3 months to lose 9 pounds. She looked incredible and I was really happy DJ Guthrie loved her dancing, and that she got such great feedback from Kelli & Judy. 

I laughed all through Vivian's office visit. They have her 100% figured out. Her head exploded last season. 

• Love 2

Kelli and Judy are over Vivian. She really is too self-involved. I liked Vivian last year but, this year something is off with her.

Does anyone know how many episodes are in this season?

Looks like there might only be 2 episodes left:

Fri, Sep. 19

9:00 PM Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team 9

[TV-PG]  A Lucid Dream

[]  With three girls left to cut and the first game around the corner, the pressure is intense as the girls return to AT&T Stadium to take the field for the first time since auditions. Watching the girls perform on the football field helps give Kelli and Judy the clarity they need to make some cuts. Melissa Rycroft calls all the new girls together and gives them a strategy for not losing their spots on the team. In a fairy tale moment, the girls are fitted for their boots. However, some will not wear them past today. After a telling rehearsal, more cuts must be made. As Kelli and Judy release a girl from training camp, they have one of the most bizarre office moments ever as a candidate reads them a poem in anticipation of being cut.

Fri, Sep. 26

9:00 PM Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team 9

[TV-PG]  The Payoff

[]  The final day of training camp has everyone nervous because Kelli and Judy might take a squad of less than 36. After some tough decisions, fear turns to elation as the final team is announced. Things start to become real at the squad photo as the girls get their uniforms and take a photo that will forever cement their place in DCC history. Meet the team brings about the first performance. Lead by the show group, the girls pull off a high level stage show without much rehearsal. Kelli takes the girls camping, and team bonding begins at the hog hunt. However, a turn of events sends everyone running for cover. Game day is excitement and memories that will last a lifetime, but there is some unexpected drama as nerves start getting to a few girls. Will the rookies be able to uphold the famed DCC reputation and have a flawless performance? Melissa Rycroft makes a surprise visit to congratulate the girls on their dreams coming true.

Crying over Kelli's comments about Vivian. Love how Kelli always keeps it real and blunt.

Also, Chandler's wrinkles are really unfortunate. She has an awesome body, I wish I could see how she danced but her kicks look decent from the .248 second clip we got to see of her.

• Love 3

I feel like the only reason Breelan makes the team is, because Melissa loves her. Morgan had Kitty's support, which helped her a lot, so I'm thinking Breelan benefits from Melissa.

I'm so over Melissa R. (as usual)... she just keeps repeating what the girls are already being told by Kelli and Judy. I really don't need her to tutor a couple of girls every week, especially since it's always Breelan and someone else...we get it, she loves Breelan. Also, I thought it wasn't really a great idea to bring in the parents. I totally understood why Breelan was crying, If she didn't want her mom to know everything, having Melissa point it out to her must have been painful...even though she later said it helped her a lot.

I feel bad for Chandler, she seems really cute and likeable. I don't remember her at finals, but i suspect she must have had one of those not-hd-ready faces, so I'm wondering why they took her at all.. She is pretty, but her smile makes her look awkward.

Caila is cute, but I still don't see her as a DCC, I think she's like Kaitlyn last year, still really immature and that's understandable considering her age, but I still can't see her representing the DCC organization, especially not in an interview.

VIvian frustrates me this year, I liked her so much last year and this year everything about her seems wrong. I feel like this year she wants to make the squad for all the wrong reasons. She wants the fame that comes with being on the show and on the squad and the opportunities that come with the job. I know that's probably true for all the girls trying out. But for me the difference between her and Ashley, both returning, is that Ashley seems really sincere. Ashley worked on her problems and even though she still doesn't have the same dance experience as some of the other girls, she is trying really hard. Vivian didn't improve at all, on the contrary she got worse. It's like she thought all she had to do was lose weight and she would automatically make the squad. She has an excuse for EVERYTHING. Sometimes I feel like she just has to say something for the sake of saying something and I'm like...oh my god, just shut up and listen. What was that crap about not knowing if it was okay to be a fun person?

in the first episode there was this short clip of her practically crying and saying she doesn't want to do this again.. I wonder if that's before her getting cut next episode... Last year I thought she would make a great DCC, but this year I feel like it's her own fault for getting cut and it's a little deserved.

I know that maybe things are just exaggerated for the show, maybe she's different behind the cameras, but what we've seen of her this season is annoying.

Loren has some weird facial expression when dancing. Her mouth looks super weird, maybe because of those more than white teeth, but she looks harsh.

I was thinking about how we never really get to hear from Victoria and also never really saw Emily at auditions. I'm guessing they all have to sign a media release form. Maybe some girls just don't want to be featured, so if they're cut not they can be cut quietly without a lot of fuss and without the whole world seeing them fail.

I'm not going to miss Mallory, she didn't stand out and whether she was in the room or not, I really didn't notice either way.

But I am wondering why the keep Alexandra week after week, even though the clearly don't think she can make it.

How come it's okay for Kelli or Judy to miss a rehearsal and if the girls miss one it's a really big deal...

I know they filmed a lot of things after the squad announcement, so I was hoping it would be like season 7, where we got some episodes about what's going on after the squad is announced.

• Love 1

Isn't it interesting who works with Melissa and who doesn't???  Vivian is one.  She thinks she is all that and a bag of chips as we would say in the Midwest.  If she is that good, why does she struggle to find any team to take her?  Loved Kelli keeping it real.  Sooooo looking forward to next week!

Isn't it interesting who works with Melissa and who doesn't???  Vivian is one.  She thinks she is all that and a bag of chips as we would say in the Midwest.  If she is that good, why does she struggle to find any team to take her?  Loved Kelli keeping it real.  Sooooo looking forward to next week!

• Love 1

Ooo, that was harsh calling Chandler a grandma. Props to the poster who said she reminded her of Sydney in 30 years.

Hated the parent intervention. It was a total waste and really weird. Why do I need to see parents (do they have any knowledge of dance or the DCC at all?) telling their kids how great they are and how they know they can do it? Duh. I would hope parents encourage their kids. I don't need to see it.

I really like DJ Guthrie a lot. Wish we could have seen more of his dance and critiques.

I can't believe Alexandra is still around. She's very pretty but her kicks were terrible. Really don't get how she's still here.

I think I love Loren. "Do you want to change your hair back?" "I just want to do whatever YOU want me to do." I love how short she was with Kelli. I thought Kelli would be annoyed but she probably loved hearing that part so it was OK. I also noticed she commented on how long she sat out there and she said, "lets go home and go to sleep." I wonder how long she had to wait and how late it was. I'll never understand how someone could be a teacher and a DCC. She must be exhausted (hence being emotional.)

I'm mean. I laughed at the dressing-down of Vivian. How stupid did she make herself look at the media meeting. LOL at Kelli making fun of her for get fans. I liked her last year but not this year. Get over yourself and quit with the lame excuses.

• Love 4

A minor thing that I find really funny. Vivian  said "It's deja vu all over again."  Of course, Vivian, it's has to be over again , if it's deja vu!! That statement  is actually attributed to Yogi Berra, who was the father of several funny quotes. They are called Yogi-isms. It was endearing to hear it from Berra. It's kinda goofy hearing it from someone else who is trying to be serious.

Berra was also the author of "It ain't the heat, it's the humility", and "Let's pair up in threes".

Some additional Yogi-isms can be found here:   http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/y/yogi_berra.html

• Love 1

How come it's okay for Kelli or Judy to miss a rehearsal and if the girls miss one it's a really big deal...

The same reason it's okay for your boss to take an afternoon off or be out of the office when there's a meeting or something elsewhere and you're expected to be at your desk every day.

Just sayin'.

• Love 5

The same reason it's okay for your boss to take an afternoon off or be out of the office when there's a meeting or something elsewhere and you're expected to be at your desk every day.

Just sayin'.

I know, it wasn't really a serious question... I just find it kind of funny considering how they preach DCC over everything else

• Love 1

LOVED both of Vivian's trips to the office. Kelli was not even pretending to believe her bs, and I loved it. So, so glad she brought up the facebook thing and actually mocked Vivian with the "what about my fans" stuff lol. I really liked Vivian last year, but she needs to get over herself. She constantly plays the victim and seems very entitled this year. What's so silly about her behavior is that, given her weight loss, she seems like someone who would've had a pretty easy road to the team had she just come in, worked hard, danced like she did last year. Instead, she constantly makes excuses and seems to have the attitude that it would be an honor for the DCCs to have her, and not the other way around.  One thing is certain, once Kelli does not like you, your days are numbered. It was obvious with Hannah, it was obvious with Ashley P last year, and it was obvious with Ika two seasons ago. 

I've been rooting for Alexandria, but her kicks are embarrassing. 

I agree with a poster upthread about the blatant favoritism that Melissa is showing Breelan. I don't have an issue with Breelan. She seems sweet, but it seems like a mentor for the whole team should not be showing such favoritism. I get that people have favorites. That's just life, but if you define yourself as a mentor for the girls, you should be that for everyone, not just a couple of girls.

I really hope there are more than just 2 episodes left. I'm enjoying the show more this season than last...maybe because I feel like we've at seen more of the rookies (though Victoria still hasn't said anything. Last year was the Morgan show, so this is a marginal improvement though I still want to see the good dancers featured more. 

• Love 2

I really like DJ Guthrie a lot. Wish we could have seen more of his dance and critiques.

Agreed. I wanted to see the girls get broken up into smaller groups to do his dance. 

There is also a deleted scene from this episode where they show they the girls dancing. One group was the rookies with the lowest scores. Mary was in that group, which was somewhat surprising to me, as she seemed like one of the stronger ones. The other group - vets- was the girls who got 15 out of 15 (I guess votes to make it back). Everyone in that group was pretty obvious (Jacie, Jenna, Katy, Holly, both Jennifers, Sydney, Jenelle, Emma). There was one blonde in the back next to Sydney that I couldn't make out- maybe Kinzie or Samantha. 

I wouldn't have minded seeing more of that scene either. In general, more dancing would be good. 

• Love 3

What happened to that scene that Kelli says, "This is an honor," with DJ Guthrie sitting next to her? I thought that was coming last night but we never saw.

Melissa R was brought on to help girls with problems other than dance. Alexandra's problems look like dance problems even though she says it's her head. Vivian is way too complicated for Melissa to take on.

After watching this episode, I kind of feel sorry for Vivian. She's lost. She does know how to be herself so she's acting all the time and it's just making everything worse. I think the combination of the break up, the fame from the tv show and just being a 20 something girl trying to find herself is ruining her shot at making this team. I think she would be this way even if there weren't tv cameras in the room. Sad.

There will never be enough validation for Vivian because she is looking for it from others and not within herself. Think this is way deeper than DCC. Sad for her. Counseling might be helpful.

And now back to the show, haha.

• Love 2

I like Breelin. Not sure why, but I do. She has a different look than the Sea of Blondes, and she isn't robotic, yet. I do think she looks thicker or untoned in the middle as much as some of the ones who keep getting called in for weight. 

If Vivian is lost, it's because she's trying to draw some bizarre Supastah map instead of following the very detailed path Kelli has offered her. She's digging her own grave.

• Love 2

I have yet to see one scene where Breelan does not look terrified.

I can kick higher than Alexandra.

I think Caila has potential but again, with the looking terrified! I get it- they're nervous, but at some point they just have to perform.

I can't stand Vivian. The whispering and dramatic moments for the camera. She needs to go.

Melissa R. Is wearing out her welcome, and quickly.

• Love 1

ITA Kelli was awesomely badass and frank with Vivian during both office visits.  I loved Kelli's response when, after she told V she had to do the jump splits or withdraw from TC, Vivian said, "It's better now."  Yeah, Kelli, you nailed it:  this girl is complicated and self-consumed.  When Vivian was telling her about doing Bar Method and "constantly" doing yoga (once a week-ish), the camera showed her at a Bar M class, and I thought, you're not even stretching, you're staring at yourself in the mirror.  So I found it especially interesting that Kelli called her out for that as a repeated issue.  

I think Vivian's self-consumption continues after TC, as she's constantly posting pics of herself in bikinis on her Twitter page (OK, I looked once, but there were like 15 swimsuit shots), and seems to be continuing to cultivate a "fan base." Wonder if she'll have any disillusioned fans after this season. I'm really hoping and expecting that it's Vivian who reads a poem next week.

I also found it really annoying to watch Melissa's "intervention," and would rather have seen--I'm about to get crazy here--more dancing in rehearsal.  As viewers, we got no new insight, since they just showed footage we'd already seen of Kelli and Judy talking about Breelan and Caila.  Show me something new, please.  And while I'm sure it's so special for Breelan and Caila to have their parental love documented for all time in such a way, it just felt like time I was watching a daytime talk show segment that was kind of boring.  And what the hell was Melissa wearing?  She seems to be going for a country boho look, but she just looked sloppy in that tunic with shorts and cowboy boots.  At least she did her hair that time.  I'm consistently unimpressed with her messy hair, and what's up with her crazy ear jewelry?  This snake she was wearing looked kind of creepy, and made the other ear cuff she wore at auditions look positively dainty--and less like some worm was about to slither into her ear canal.

Very fun to see Kelli's DCC BFF.  I remember Kelli talking about her when Jasmine was a rookie, because she said Tina got the same feedback about being clunky all the time.  Maybe Chandler doesn't look like a grandma exactly, but she could be Sydney's significantly older aunt.  I had watched episode 5 online and thought Chalndler looked less than DCC fresh, but was kind of startled by the depth and number of lines in her face once iTunes finally uploaded the episode and I saw her in HD.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say some of this is sun damage.  Bless her heart.

I think they've kept Alexandra this long because she had been improving every week.  This week was not her best, and she seems to be crumbling mentally.  If she improved as much in one year as she said she has, 

I think she could work hard this next year on technique and be a contender next year. I really like her, and would love to see her as a DCC.

• Love 1

I noticed the big sisters (if they still do that) were called in with the girls. I felt bad for Mallory but she is back on the TSD for her 2nd year (I can say it now without spoiler tagging). I wonder if she'll audition again next year. Chandler seems like she has the teeth issue (too much gums showing) like former TCC  Margaret (season 4) had when she smiles.

Looking at next's week previews I'm guessing that 

Chandler, Alexandra, and Vivian get cut; unless they milk out Vivian's cut to the last episode.

I think Vivian should give up on the DCC; she's just not cut out for it IMO. She should stick with the Ice Angels (in her 2nd year as of now) because she seems better suited for them. Maybe she can try out for the Mavs again .

I loved Kelli calling out Vivian. She is self absorbed and can't dance this year. She had memory problems last year but this year it's so much worse. I get it. You lost 10 pounds but stop looking in the mirror. There are other girls that are prettier. Vivian should worry about her kicks, splits, and dancing,

Mallory was never great and not sure how she made training camp over Alex or Courtni. Her cut was too be expected. Alexandra I cannot understand why she is still there. She never could kick and now her dancing is not as good.

I love Melissa Rycroft. Judy just yells you're doing it wrong and Melissa gives them specifics on what to do. Melissa looked adorable in her shirts and cowboy boots. She is really sweet. Other people keep telling Breelan she just needs confidence that she's a good performer. The guest choreographer pointed her out so I don't think it's just Melissa pushing for her.

Loren looks pissed off all the time. The brown hair is so much better.

Did anyone see how heavy Jasmine looked in the kick line. Paige still looks big to me

Looking forward to next weeks cut

• Love 1

I thought the intervention thing was rude and out of line , i wished the girls or their loved one would have called melissa R out .

Caila was giving her major bitch face i was yelling at the tv do it Caila do it put her in her place if she would have done that she would move from my least fave to my most fave !

• Love 2

I would have rather see the group leaders being announced or Show Group tryouts being shown than the crappy Melissa R. intervention with the parents. Too bad they do did not bring in certain All-Star members to help the girls out. Jackie, Mia, Lauren, and Mackenzie, imo, would have been much better mentors for the rookie candidates. Of course, CMT may be having Melissa working with Beelan and Calia for ratings and drama, but I think it may be backfiring on them.

First, I'm so glad I found this forum, and it's nice to see some familiar folks from TWoP. Hi!

So Vivian. I've watched the show with my daughter but no online feedback so my opinion hasn't been influenced by outside sources at all, and I am relieved that I am not crazy. Last year I felt bad for her for getting cut for the shape of her legs, but this year, wow, something has gone terribly, terribly wrong. I think I realized something was off when she tried the lyrical solo. After last year's solo disaster you'd think she'd have learned a lesson, but no. And then I saw that in every interview she comes across as completely phony. She never stops smiling and doesn't seem capable of a sincere emotion. She went from doing yoga three times to constantly to weekly in one breath. Phony! Oh, so she had a hamstring injury this whole time but a couple of weeks ago when Kelli asked everyone with injuries to raise their hand, I don't remember her speaking up. Phony! It all boils down to an egocentric person who doesn't listen. Perhaps a narcissistic personality disorder? I think she needs help.

Now on the other hand we have Alexandra, who I love as a person so much. She's so darn real. Smart, attractive, strong and lean, with legs that go on for days. Only thing is, her dancing and kicks are just not good enough. Wishing it so doesn't make it happen. At first I thought it's not fair that they have kept her around so long when they clearly can't put her on the field, just to have diversity on the TV show. But if they do cut her (I don't know--trying to stay unspoiled!) maybe they haven't wasted her time. If she is cut but comes back next year, nothing could compare to the training she's received at TC. The fact is, though, if they want more diversity on the team, their best bet would be to do some scouting and offer top prospects a free plane ticket to tryouts.

Considering all the screen time Breelan gets, I still don't feel I really know her. I suspect she is getting a relentless "scared little girl" edit. Whenever you spy her in the background while the camera is focused on something else, she is smiling and happy looking.

Last, I agree about showing more dancing. I've complained about this for years! I was excited  when they said they were doing a lyrical this week because I was hoping they'd show my homegirl Melissa who is a brilliant lyrical dancer, but no. You know that concert they do every year with the show team or whatever it's called? They should televise that, or at least sell a DVD. I'd totally buy it.

• Love 2

I would have rather seen the group leaders being announced or Show Group tryouts being shown than the crappy Melissa R. intervention with the parents. Too bad they do did not bring in certain All-Star members to help the girls out. Jackie, Mia, Lauren, and Mackenzie, imo, would have been much better mentors for the rookie candidates. Of course, CMT may be having Melissa working with Beelan and Calia for ratings and drama, but I think it may be backfiring on them.

I agree about show group auditions i was wondering if they were gonna show that this year too , i loved seeing it last year , if they wanna use Melissa r make her a judge with dj juthrie in show group auditions even though she was never on it .

I forgot to post that I love Alexandra!!!!! I am so sad that she is struggling. When she was crying in the office, I teared up. She would make such a great DCC.  I hope she makes it.  

AND MORE DANCING.  I know the DCC reads this thread.  How many more times do we all have to post MORE DANCING for them to get it?  They say they care what their fans want (Jay's tutorials being cut from the show), why do they not listen??  All the cuts and editing are so frustrating.  One more time: MORE DANCING!!!!!

• Love 6

I don't know what I can say about the Vivian situation that hasn't already been said. I guess the main thing is that I'm baffled she even made it through this episode. I was so grossly uncomfortable during her first visit to the office, what with all the excuses and back peddling. I think everyone has had moments like that -- being asked a question by a superior and knowing you don't have the right answer, so scrambling to just say something that sounds right. So it's pretty easy to call bull shit on everything Vivian said in the office the first time. I also took notice of the Barre Method montage, and the moment where Vivian had her leg up on the barre and was staring lovingly at herself in the mirror while adjusting her hair. I knew something was going to go down that had nothing to do with dance when that happened.

On her second visit to the office, I loved everything Kelli said. It just goes to show Kelli really does notice everything, and can figure most of these girls out and what motivates them. Vivian really does just seem to be motivated by "fame" and popularity this year, and it's sad because if she would get her mind off that stuff and really concentrate on her dancing, she could be pretty good. I also really did not understand the "Is it ok to be fun?" thing. Where did that even fit in? Is it somehow tied in with looking at herself in the mirror too much? I don't think I'm allowed to be fun so I'm just going to stare at my own reflection instead? Ugh, gag me. Just go away already.

There is no doubt in my mind that Vivian will be the bizarre poetry cut next week, and I guess the positive out of that is that if she does decide to audition again next year, there's no way Kelli and Judy will take her. I'm pretty sure this bitch is just unhinged a little.

This episode was so Vivian-centric, it's hard to organize my thoughts on anything else...

I thought the intervention was awful and inappropriate. I feel like Breelan and Caila were both just saying what they were supposed to say when they gushed about how much it helped them. I think it was uncomfortable for all and did not need to happen.

I felt badly for Chandler during cameos. It had to be obvious to her that they didn't like her look, and she looked really stressed. Had they never seen her smile before training camp? Give me a break. They shouldn't have taken her into camp at all, if only to spare the poor girl's feelings. Someone upthread mentioned that the way she scrunches her face up is weird, but the thing is that she's not scrunching her face up. That's just her face. That's what it does when she smiles and the only thing that could possibly fix that is plastic surgery.

Alexandra makes no sense to me and I don't understand why she's there. She seems like a nice enough girl, but it's a capability issue and I think it's clear she doesn't have the capability right now. I honestly thought that when Alexandra, Mallory, and Vivian were all called into the office, it was going to be a mass cut. They can all just go away.

• Love 1