Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Time To Get Serious

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I got a strange "high" vibe from Vivian... I dunno... She reminds me a friend of mine who was drinking / popping pills, and tried to be a "functional person" .

Everything seems so... not in the "right place" :/

EDIT : spelling...

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 3

I feel like they're holding on to Alexandra just because they're lacking black girls this season (and I say this as a black girl).

I have that feeling and I don't like it. I'm also confused why they didn't immediately pair her up with a veteran to fix her kick technique when they first noticed it weeks ago. It's just BAD and at this point, I don't think it's fixable.

I'm so over Vivian and her excuses. Was she getting paid by Bar Method per mention of their classes or something? For someone who's been in training camp before, she seems ridiculously wide-eyed and naive about Kelly and Judy's expectations. If you pulled your hamstring during the first week of training camp, you should request a meeting with Kelly and Judy (or send them an email) and be working with a physical therapist. At the same time, are we supposed to believe that they never noticed that Vivian was always pulling out of the line during the jump split? It's been six weeks!

• Love 1

I see a great deal of Viv hate on this board not enough calling out of Melissa! I'm glad other sites see and recognize what a JOKE Melissa Rycroft is on the show, esp last episode. Her whole appearance is such a pathetic ill-executed ratings ploy. Melissa is a disgraced DCC who quit the squad over a BOY (you would think Melissa would mentor Vivian, knowing first hand how a boy ruined her DCC tenure). How is she qualified to mentor and lead interventions? Lawd help me. The only reason we know her name is because her weird relationship with Ty led her to The Bachelor.  Bring in a decorated vet (cough Nicole Hamilton) and then the mentor thing would carry some weight. Not liking this season at. all. Thought the show was going to get better post-Cassie but its gone downhill for me which is incredibly ironic.

I really liked Vivian last season and was disappointed when she was cut.  This season I really think her fame has gone to her head.  I never got the impression she was self-absorbed last season, but I'm definitely getting it this season.  

I won't be sad when she is cut, which is a big difference from last year.

And yeah, I'm over the Melissa Rycroft scenes.  At first it was kind of interesting, but now it doesn't add anything to the show.

Edited by ClosetBachJunkie
  • Love 2

I agree with the posters who said Breelan, Calia, and Ashley P all seem like one season only DCCs. Maybe they'll get better throughout the season or they could come back next year and get cut like previous vets have.  

And yeah, I'm over the Melissa Rycroft scenes.  At first it was kind of interesting, but now it doesn't add anything to the show.

It seems like she's only helping a few select girls; unless they're the ones with the most problems. I thought she would be helping all or most of the rookie TCCs.  At least that was the impression I got when she was on the first episode.

• Love 1
Melissa is doing what they are telling her to do. She is not coming up with this stuff herself.

Agreed. I like the idea of Melissa being around--in part because it's nice to have someone who is wholly comfortable on camera--but they aren't using her very well. I'd like to see her teaching them a routine, maybe. Or having more one-on-one chats where she's more frank about her experience as a DCC, since clearly it wasn't all roses.

The highlight of the episode for me was Kelli telling Loren, "This isn't rocket science. It's happy faces and high kicks," though I'm paraphrasing. The first time I watched it I almost forgot about that great exchange because I was distracted by Kelli dropping a truth bomb on Vivian. This was a good Kelli episode.

They are all very beautiful girls, but I think Vivian, Ashley P, and Jenna have the most stunning faces.

• Love 2

True, but she could say no. By the look of things, a good number of viewers are not happy campers about the parents involved intervention last night. If I wanted to see one, I would watch The Biggest Loser or other addiction type reality television shows.

Melissa left the show to hook up with her boyfriend at the time. She went back when the relationship broke up, left again when they got back together, and left supposedly because of the alleged mean girls and breaking up again. To me, it speaks of being a little immature and bad decision making. Of course, she could always speak to Vivian since part of the reason why is having problems is because of a broken heart. Plus the fact, Melissa has not been on the team for at least six or seven years so why ask her to help teach the latest DCC dances. That would be like a first year medical student doing open heart surgery on a patient by him or herself after seeing one or two surgeries.

Melissa left the show to hook up with her boyfriend at the time. She went back when the relationship broke up, left again when they got back together, and left supposedly because of the alleged mean girls and breaking up again. To me, it speaks of being a little immature and bad decision making. Of course, she could always speak to Vivian since part of the reason why is having problems is because of a broken heart. Plus the fact, Melissa has not been on the team for at least six or seven years so why ask her to help teach the latest DCC dances. That would be like a first year medical student doing open heart surgery on a patient by him or herself after seeing one or two surgeries.

I totally agree , i am glad that she is only working TC Candidates bec if she was to criticize a Vet i swear i might have punched my computer !

• Love 1

In my opinion, Melissa and Vivian are two peas in the pod in some ways. I hope the producers rethink their decision of bringing back a former DCC to mentor the girls. Sadly, I think the choice of Melissa backfired on them. Plus the fact, she blames being picked on by some of the mean girls for leaving for good should be a red flag for the rookies. I heard she was not all that pleasant to be around, and she jealous of the more popular DCCs who were on the team and accuse Abigail Klein of going after her boyfriend.

I know the only reason they're using Melissa is because she's arguably the most famous of all the former DCCs.  She's achieved some success on reality TV, and her presence will supposedly drive the ratings.  But really, I'd rather see the powerhouses from previous seasons come back and mentor- Nicole Hamilton, Makenzi Swicegood, etc.  I feel those former DCCs could really have something useful to share with the rookie candidates.

Edited by ClosetBachJunkie
  • Love 2

she jealous of the more popular DCCs who were on the team and accuse Abigail Klein of going after her boyfriend.

Did she actually mentioned abby in the book ?

Abby is semi-famous i would rather bring her instead

Long time troller, first time poster...

Someone recently brought up the fact that the move to the new stadium has made Kelli and Judy much more focused on weight.

Not sure if y'all have been to JerryWorld but the JerryTron highlights and MAGNIFIES EVERY flaw. Combine that with an unforgiving uniform and it's no wonder that the ladies from a few years ago probably wouldn't be on the squad today.

I know lots of posters didn't care for the Jay fitness stuff. In my opinion, Jay and his nutrition advice are cheerleader gold! Remember all the boxes of sugar-laden cereal and bags of pretzels? The minimum serving of those processed carbs look like a 10 pound belly on the JerryTron.

People were having vapors over Veronica's "occasional" glass of wine. C'mon ladies, who has just one? (Not me!) And unfortunately, alcohol adds even more belly "weight" on the Gigantic TV. The women may not have gained a pound but unfortunately, carbs (and alcohol) show up on the midsection.

• Love 2

Agreed. I like the idea of Melissa being around--in part because it's nice to have someone who is wholly comfortable on camera--but they aren't using her very well. I'd like to see her teaching them a routine, maybe.

ITA. When I saw she was coming back as a "mentor," I thought this would be more what she was going to do. That one tiny moment in the dance studio last time where she re-explained a move that the girls weren't doing right seemed actually valuable. But just reiterating "be more confident," "don't look wide-eyed," and "your parents think you're great," is not helping anyone.

I'd also love to hear from her how she balanced her job/school (can't remember her situation when she was DCC) with extra practices, appearances, etc. Actual practice advice from a real DCC with nothing to lose, not just pulling kids out of practice to parrot what Kelly and Judy JUST SAID.

I rewatched this episode and Vivian did NOT look at all happy to have been called out about ANYTHING.  One thing I've noticed about Judy and Kelly (and, if anyone knows better, please correct me) that is consistant acrosss a lot (if not all of) the professional dance world regardless of flavor is that if you get told to correct something the first time, correct it, make sure it sticks and move on.  If you have to be corrected about the same thing a second time, it means you most likely weren't paying attention.  Anything more than two corrections and you are more than likely out of whatever show/performance/dance company/etc.  A lot of people take it that seriously.  I've noticed a lot of dancers have trained not only their muscles but their minds in terms of movement.  You might squeak out of an issue a time or two or blame something on a bad day, but, if it becomes a habit (as is showing with Vivian), then it can get more than irritating.

I agree with whoever said that Vivian thought that she could walk right onto the squad this year without trying nearly as hard as last year.  She's not focusing, not taking corrections well, and has lot of things slide, including her dancing.  I think Judy and Kelly could forgive the sloppy dancing a time or two, but I think they're noticing that Vivian is doing it a LOT more than what we're seeing on tv.  I wouldn't be surprised if they've mentioned it at least once or twice that we didn't see when the girls are in the studio (and I seem to remember seeing at least one in-studio correction on this) so the fact that Vivian doesn't seem to be paying attention to, and remembering, the corrections concerns me.  In addition, she seems a little PO'd that Judy and Kelly are even mentioning it to her.  She probably doesn't think she messed up as badly as they are telling her she is.

• Love 3

I think Vivian thought she could go on as long as she liked withot doing the kick line because she's Vivian.

Courtney said her weight is the lowest it's been since 8thgrade. That's kind of disturbing...is that what's required to make the team now?!

• Love 5

I think Vivian thought she could go on as long as she liked withot doing the kick line because she's Vivian.

Courtney said her weight is the lowest it's been since 8thgrade. That's kind of disturbing...is that what's required to make the team now?!

I don't think she looks too skinny ! she's also very short she said she's 5'2 she's suppose to be like 110 that's her healthy weight (get your height in centimeters and take the numbers after the one and subtract 7 she's 157cm she's suppose to 50 kg and the want her to be 48.5 kg ) they want her to be 105 i don't that's so bad , but  i think putting Britney on a diet is kinds of disturbing !

P.S sorry i went on a tangent

Edited by mmm
  • Love 3

I haven't had a chance to read all of the replies but Kellie pretty much just said that Courtney looks so good in her "8th grade size."  

Courtney says she hasn't been that size since 8th grade and Kelly says she loves it. Wow  That's sad.  They would think I'm a cow.

Agreed. I wanted to see the girls get broken up into smaller groups to do his dance. 

There is also a deleted scene from this episode where they show they the girls dancing. One group was the rookies with the lowest scores. Mary was in that group, which was somewhat surprising to me, as she seemed like one of the stronger ones. The other group - vets- was the girls who got 15 out of 15 (I guess votes to make it back). Everyone in that group was pretty obvious (Jacie, Jenna, Katy, Holly, both Jennifers, Sydney, Jenelle, Emma). There was one blonde in the back next to Sydney that I couldn't make out- maybe Kinzie or Samantha. 

I wouldn't have minded seeing more of that scene either. In general, more dancing would be good. 

I think it was Samantha. I was surprised that Nicole wasn't in that group.

I love how this season they have two girls with Courtney and Megan that don't just sit there and and say they'll do anything to get the weight off and that for sure they can do it. Both of them seem really mature about their bodyand they both know where they are and what they can achieve and how to be healthy. Those two I would call role models, as long as Courtney doesn't end up looking too skinny just to please Kelli and Judy.  Courtney looked good at cameos, but she also looked good before

• Love 2
  1. Was it some sort of bad editing and they took out the bulk of that mentoring session, or did MRK actually think it would help girls improve their confidence to watch themselves get picked apart on video.  
  2. Did anyone notice Rachel's purple hair?  And we thought Emma's red was fake!  wow.  Rachel must have some seriously good technique because her look is just white trash nasty.  
  3. I think Chandler is cute!!  And has a great presence on camera!  Why would that batty old lady (who's the definition of age denial) call her a grandma?  She has such a perfect figure and if Sydney didn't airbrush her face on every day they would be twins.  Poor Chandler had some nice long curls before her "makeover" I don't know why they gave her that awkward cut.  I miss Premier Atelier.  My point is, I like Chandler.
  4. Dear Vivian, shut the F up.
  5. They LOVE Ashley P.  No way is she going to be a one year girl.  Side note: she has great eyebrows, I think they do wonders for her.  
  6. The 5 seconds of Holly we saw in Kelli's office was more than we've seen of her in her entire CMT career lol.  They should really show these great ones a bit more.  She's the point girl for crying out loud, let us get to know her!
  7. I am really rooting for Alexandra, something about her just makes me like her.  
  8. I wish there were more than two episodes left.  

Alexandra is one of the rare girls who makes you feel like you're going through the process with her, instead of just watching her. And wanting to grab her by the shoulders and shake her (Breelin), or roll your eyes, yawn and hold open the exit door for her (Vivian).

I don't think I've wanted to root for anyone the way I want to root for Alexandra, since maybe Natalie Woods.

• Love 2

Am I right in thinking that Chandler wasn't in the group of lowest scorers from finals on the deleted scenes dance - I saw Ashley P, Vivian, Mallory, Alexandra, Mary, Lacey, Caila...which suggests if my eyes aren't wrong that Chandler (and Victoria, although like the rest of us, not sure who she is) had pretty high scores....

• Love 1

I see a great deal of Viv hate on this board not enough calling out of Melissa! I'm glad other sites see and recognize what a JOKE Melissa Rycroft is on the show, esp last episode. Her whole appearance is such a pathetic ill-executed ratings ploy. Melissa is a disgraced DCC who quit the squad over a BOY (you would think Melissa would mentor Vivian, knowing first hand how a boy ruined her DCC tenure). How is she qualified to mentor and lead interventions? Lawd help me. The only reason we know her name is because her weird relationship with Ty led her to The Bachelor.  Bring in a decorated vet (cough Nicole Hamilton) and then the mentor thing would carry some weight. Not liking this season at. all. Thought the show was going to get better post-Cassie but its gone downhill for me which is incredibly ironic.

ITA regarding Melissa Rycroft. I find her to be completely annoying and she looks terrible. Her clothes are just horrible. I re-watched the episode last night and just hit fast forward through the scene with Melissa, Caila, and Breelan. What a joke.

Sad state of affairs when a former DCC is considered successful because she was dumped by a guy on a reality television show after she use her past relationship as a reason to leave or come back to the DCC squad. The reason why she went on DWTS was the fact her five minutes of fame was due to being dumped by a guy she was competing with other women for his love and possible marriage for on a national television show. She was brought back to DWTS, but I would not be surprise if the show was rigged for her to win. I mean the poor girl was dumped for another woman by a guy who allegedly fall in love with her after a short period of time.

I get the vibe she walked into this expecting the comeback story/feel good edit was hers. That kind of expectation that borders on entitlement isn't going to do anybody much good in a dance career, much less somebody borderline at best. She's more caught up in how she looks on camera than she is her dance, and she hasn't been putting in the hours necessary to get the choreography down. I think she expects the story and that she has fans will carry her. I doubt that's true. The producers would likely be just as happy with the tears of crushing defeat as they would tears of joy at eventual success.

• Love 1

If I had been in Vivian's place (fan vote the first time and then coming back the next year), I would have amped everything UP instead of just trying to fix the weight for the next year.  That way, I could show Judy and Kelly that I deserve getting into Training Camp without having it handed to me via the fan vote.  I would also want to show them that, not only do I deserve to be in Training Camp, but that I deserve to be on the squad.

I think that, at the beginning of Training Camp Kelly and Judy really wanted Vivian in camp.  At auditions, she had the power, the dance, and the looks, but as the show has gone on, we've seen Vivian become more and more self-absorbed, always focusing on herself, wondering where the cameras (and the mirrors) are, etc.  That, and slumping dance technique (and not maintaining/picking up the power) is going to get you kicked out of training camp nearly as quickly as having attitude/weight gain/missing practices/etc.

• Love 3

Sad state of affairs when a former DCC is considered successful because she was dumped by a guy on a reality television show after she use her past relationship as a reason to leave or come back to the DCC squad. The reason why she went on DWTS was the fact her five minutes of fame was due to being dumped by a guy she was competing with other women for his love and possible marriage for on a national television show. She was brought back to DWTS, but I would not be surprise if the show was rigged for her to win. I mean the poor girl was dumped for another woman by a guy who allegedly fall in love with her after a short period of time.

She ended up on DWTS by a fluke.    Right after the episode aired where she was dumped by Jason, someone dropped out of DWTS due to injury right before they were going to start the season.  Melissa took her place.    She made it to third the first season and won the second season she was on.   I don't think it was rigged, she was a great dancer on DWTS, especially the second time.  I don't know why they would rig it for her vs more well known stars.   I think her win was partly due to votes received for her pro - Tony Dovolani, he had never had a winner before, he always seemed to get crappy partners.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ-G5Hqdpc0

I have that feeling and I don't like it. I'm also confused why they didn't immediately pair her up with a veteran to fix her kick technique when they first noticed it weeks ago. It's just BAD and at this point, I don't think it's fixable.

I'm so over Vivian and her excuses. Was she getting paid by Bar Method per mention of their classes or something? For someone who's been in training camp before, she seems ridiculously wide-eyed and naive about Kelly and Judy's expectations. If you pulled your hamstring during the first week of training camp, you should request a meeting with Kelly and Judy (or send them an email) and be working with a physical therapist. At the same time, are we supposed to believe that they never noticed that Vivian was always pulling out of the line during the jump split? It's been six weeks!

Bar Method is a DCC sponsor. Tons of DCC currently work there, or have in the past. Nicole Bulcher is a studio manager and teacher. I've seen tons of DCC-past and present- in class. I think they get to take classes for free. 

• Love 1

OH SNAP to Kelli calling Vivian out!!!!! Omg, great tv. Much better tv moment for the year than Hannah getting cut.

Maybe Chandler doesn't look like a grandma exactly, but she could be Sydney's significantly older aunt.

DEAD. lol!!! Although really, the poor girl, what a terrible thing to hear that she looks like a grandma.  She looks cute when's she's not grinning but sadly, her smile will get her cut. She must be an awesome dancer to not get cut yet.  I'm now waiting for a lightning bolt from God to strike me down now.

I think Caila looks like Jennifer Lawrence (in the face only - bodies and hair totally different). I like Caila and Breelan for some reason though.  They are so young, they don't know how to put on a sickeningly sweet front. 

The parent intervention was so weird but I can actually see how that would help. Crystal Weir showing up as part of it was so random though.  I did not like her hair color.

Love Alexandra but I do not see her making it.  If she gets cut, I hope she try out again next year.

So disturbing.  Also disturbing to lose 9 pounds in two weeks when you are already very fit. 

Melissa is nice but her style SUCKS. Hair, clothes and make up, all bad.

Cannot wait for next's 

POEM! I cannot wait. It has to be Vivian. Maybe she can marry JJ Reddick.

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 1

The parent intervention was so weird but I can actually see how that would help. Crystal Weir showing up as part of it was so random though.  I did not like her hair color.

Crystal is the director or choreographer of the Texas Star dancers and Calia was one last year. There was a caption under Crystal's name that said she was the Texas Legends dancers director which was wrong.

I disagree with all this Melissa Rycroft's hate. Her pink outfit was copied by the the DCC and she helped them get the design/have the costumes made. I believe she kept in touch with Judy and Kelli. They showed her at friends and family games sitting with Kitty.

Edited by caligirl50

Crystal is the director or choreographer of the Texas Star dancers and Calia was one last year.

That makes sense.  They could have been clearer about that.  

I disagree with all this Melissa Rycroft's hate. Her pink outfit was copied by the the DCC and she helped them get the design/have the costumes made.

I definitely don't hate Melissa, but I still stand by her style sucking, lol (which doesn't prevent her from being a good mentor). But was she responsible for that (hideous) dress design?  I would think it was a DWTS costume designer. 

I'm glad they showed a bit more dancing in this episode.  I didn't get Courtney but then I saw her doing a little bit of the DJ Guthrie dance and she was dancing well. 

I can't add much to what everyone else has already said in regards to Vivian...they can't get rid of her fast enough in my opinion. I wasn't a fan of hers last year, and I REALLY am not a fan of hers this year. I'm so glad Kelli called her out on her BS.

One thing did stand out to me while watching...and that was Sydney. Now, let me state this up front...I know there are a LOT of Sydney haters out there. I am NOT one of them. I really have no problem whatsoever with Sydney. In fact, I think she's a sweet girl - I've asked her questions on Twitter and Instagram, and every time, she's responded. I think the girl gets a bad rap and I don't know why. That being said, in the scene where they were showing the kicks and jump splits (I'm pretty sure it was focusing on Vivian doing the kicks/splits, but it could have been Alexandra...I forget which one it was now...) whoever it was, Sydney was beside them and her kicks were alarmingly low for a veteran, especially a veteran of 7 years. They were almost as low as the rookie she was next to. Because we see such little footage of the vets, I've never seen her kicks before...has anyone ever noticed them? Are they always on the low side? Was she just having a bad day that was caught on camera and televised nationally?  For what it's worth, I probably wouldn't have noticed if K & J aren't constantly talking about their kicks...so now, anytime the girls kick, that's all I look for. Haha.

I do not think people hate Melissa, but a few of us may question why she was brought in to be a mentor. I do wonder whose bright idea was to stage an intervention with the parents. I also wonder if Melissa was the first former DCC choice to mentor the rookie candidates.

I was surprise Jasmine was not called out for weight or her clunky dancing. She has some juggle in the middle and her dancing seem off. Was Sydney kicking next to Vivian? This could explain why her kicks may have been off because Vivian was not giving it her all in the kick line and jump splits. Darn that pesky injury. *lol* I feel bad for Sydney because Vivian is in her group.

And why bring in group leaders now for the girls on the bubble. They should have been working with Sydney, Nicole, and Holly before the team is announced in a few weeks.

I definitely don't hate Melissa, but I do think it's silly that they brought her back to mentor as a former DCC, of all people. That said, up until the intervention thing, I think she has done a pretty decent job. I do, however, think it's strange that she's chosen to go on national television looking so ratty. When she walked into the dance studio this past episode with the messiest top knot I've ever seen, I definitely raised my eyebrow. I think about it this way. How she's been wearing her hair is exactly what I do with mine AFTER I get home from work. I don't go to work that way, and never would, because I like to present myself as a professional. What she's doing with the DCC is different from what I do, sure, but it's still work. I don't care if she dresses a little casually, but either wear the hair down and brush it, or put it in a cleaner looking bun. It's just basic grooming. And it's also just kind of common sense to look groomed when you go on national television. Her hair looked better during the intervention scene. I feel like it was the first time we've seen it down and styled, and I thought it looked nice.

I'll have to go back and watch again, but I definitely haven't seen any jigglyness in Jasmine's midsection. She's transformed her body from her first season, and every picture I've seen of her in the last year or so has shown a hard, long, and lean body. As far as clunky dancing, I've always thought she was a questionable dancer, and I'm surprised she keeps making it back onto the team, but I honestly have not paid much attention to her dancing since her first year, so maybe she's improved.

I admit it did bug me a little when Melissa was talking to Beelan and Caila, and she was saying "we" would not consider putting you on the team and I am doing a Kelli and calling you into my office (paraphrasing here.) I feel bad for her in a way because they only brought her back was because of DTWS. I have nothing against her, but the way she acts on the show drives me bonkers. I would rather see the rookies work with veterans/group leaders or former DCCs who are dance instructors. I know the show has been running for years now, but the last few seasons have been bad. The people behind the show need to come up with some better ideas aka what is shown and who should come in to help the girls or be a fresh set of eyes during practice.

I think J/K are realizing if Vivian has gotten this big a head about the little bit of fame of her being on the show but not even making the team, actually putting her in the uniform will really create a monster.  She has no interest in being on a "team" other than as a platform for more famewhoring.  Ironically, she's the one who could most use Melissa as a "mentor"- there's a girl who knows how to work the most of the reality show circuit-she'll have Vivian on every channel before you know it!

• Love 3