Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E25: Denver Reunion, Part 2

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, princelina said:

I felt like Lauren started out with the Pink Posse but had a change of heart when she saw how they were acting overall - by the final scenes her body language had her stretching so far in their opposite direction that she was practically in Kevin's lap! 😄

Interesting, I didn't see it that way.  I agree with the quote below:

11 minutes ago, atomic said:

Judging by social media, Lauren is still very tight with the Pepto Chicks. They were all at Coachella together this past weekend and Lauren just posted an Instagram story of the rest of the posse sending her flowers for her mother's death anniversary. 

I still like Lauren, and her disgust for them is part of the reason I don't believe the boys are all angels. She does seem to hate Cameron even more than Orion, which I sort of get. Orion is a big turd, but Cameron is the most devious person of that whole cast. He totally backed off when Lauren said not to try her because she's got way more dirt she could spill on him.

It wouldn't surprise me, though, if Emily eventually falls out of favor with the Pepto Chicks. She is just awful in every way and her "friends" before the show didn't even seem to like her very much -- badmouthing her to Brennan at their wedding and even exposing her cheating to them.

Emily was also so sure America would be on her side, but all the comments on her social media are negative and ripping her to shreds. I don't support the vitriolic comments like slut-shaming, but do think she desperately needs a reality check on what a mean girl she is and how obnoxiously she behaves.

Yes, I agree about Lauren still being tight with the "pepto chicks", LOL, and her credibility is also more confirmation for my original feelings about the men this season.  And I agree 100% about Orion just being a run of the mill turd while Cameron is a Dr. Evil in training or "Mini me".  

Interesting that you feel that Emily will drop out of the pink posse.  As long as the rest of them confirm her in every way that won't happen but if they start to break ranks with her, you're probably right.

BUT.....And here's a big but...

Pretty much every season the producers instigate the friends of the participants to say the most negative shit about them they can dig up or make up.  It's far more than a coincidence after so many seasons.  I'm surprised more people aren't on to that by now.  It's yet another way the producers sabotage these relationships from the very beginning.  And it appears to work, too.  So I don't know how much of that stuff I believe.  I also can't believe how the show manages to get the friends or relatives to throw their friend under the bus like that.  Unless they aren't really very good friends, which wouldn't surprise me, or they dupe them into it somehow.

So friends talking trash about the brides and grooms is by far not limited to Emily so I don't know if that really proves how bad she is.  It does prove how bad they are though!

• Like 6

It is interesting that nobody has mentioned Emily's comment that she would find the girl Brennan dates and tell her how awful Brennan really is. Shallow move, especially if she think that she is so better than him.

I am still confused when read how horrible Brennan was. Knowing that we know now, I think the only bad thing he has done was staying in this show too long.

However, I saw Emily's reaction when he was honest, so no wonder he preferred to keep his mouth shut and asked her to do the same.

I think Dr. Pea should apologize to him as well in return.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yes, I agree about Lauren still being tight with the "pepto chicks", LOL, and her credibility is also more confirmation for my original feelings about the men this season.  And I agree 100% about Orion just being a run of the mill turd while Cameron is a Dr. Evil in training or "Mini me".  

I'm not saying she was dropping them as friends, just that she dropped out of "anger mode" and didn't seem to be part of the attack at the end.  (Other than her little warning to Cameron, which was fabulous! 😄)

• LOL 1
(edited)

Emily was in her best "Look What You're  Missing Out On!" dress, cut up to here and down to there. And to no avail, except yes, to remind Brennan as he gives thanks! 

I have wondered if Becca's hair color was off-putting for Austin. (ETA: And by that I mean the pink was washed-out unflattering.)

The men behaved in accordance with their feelings of "NGAS" anymore about their  exes while still respecting Kevin and this show. But Emily and Clare, especially, plus Lauren in her "I'm a Tough Broad Who Bites" persona, evidenced that they still care about something related to this show. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 6

Brennan doesn't have to explain why it was a turn-off for him or how many times it was too many.

If a guy wipes his nose using his T-shirt, I'm turned off, even if he does it once.

Well sure - I mean, none of them have to explain anything to us. That doesn't mean we can't discuss it here.

And yes, I am also grossed out by someone wiping his nose on his t-shirt, even once. I just don't equate sex between consenting adults with wiping snot on a shirt. I don't find sex to be dirty; I think Brennan saw Emily's sexual past as dirty.

I am still confused when read how horrible Brennan was. Knowing that we know now, I think the only bad thing he has done was staying in this show too long.

Even though she was awful to him, he was still awful to her. He could have taken the high road, even when he perceived that she was taking the low road. He could have been honest early on instead of his macho, "protectiveness." And he was all up in his own ego about "saving her life" when all he really did was hold a cloth on her head while the medics did the real work. 

They can both be awful, ya know?

Interesting that you feel that Emily will drop out of the pink posse.  As long as the rest of them confirm her in every way that won't happen but if they start to break ranks with her, you're probably right.

I can see a big, dramatic breakup with Emily and the rest of the posse, but I can also see the others just getting kind of tired of woo-woo party girl. I had a friend who was woo-woo party girl and eventually it got tiresome. There were a lot of more serious cracks that eventually led to the end of our friendship but I don't miss the constant drama, the drunken antics or ending most evenings with a huge bar tab, holding back her hair while she cried and vomited, and then having to drive her home (far, far out of my way... every single night out). I can sort of see the posse (especially Becca and Lauren) finding that old after not too much longer. Clareapist likes a project so she might hang on a little longer.

I think Dr. Pea should apologize to him as well in return.

I don't. She was appropriate in her interactions with him and she called him out in an appropriate way on his bullshit. 

• Like 2

*I was impatiently waiting for them to bring up the redskin thing but alas they did not. 

*I'm not sure why we are having to defend our opinions on sleeping around? It is what it is. 

*I also don't understand why Lauren went after Cameron like that. She didn't really have a bone in that fight so she went really hard for what?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Why is she “nasty?” Because has had a lot of one night stands (although we don’t know how many she has had; we only know that she has enjoyed the ones she has had).

She is nasty because....did you watch the reunion?

And I don’t see any judgement here at all about the men who took her home (especially if she was so drunk she might not remember what she did), had sex with her and never called her again. Are they as “nasty” as she is?

We havent seen the men.  We dont know who they are.  They dont show us the old boyfriends.  So we cant judge them.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I agree that people have different values around sex. No problem there. But when words like “nasty” start to come into it, that’s a judgement about someone’s worth and value as a person. I do have a problem with that. 

Its her fucking bad attitude that makes her nasty. Even her best friends thinks she is fucked up. They judge her. Why should I think any differently?  Everybody has self worth, even fucked up people.

• Applause 3

So if 2 one night stands is better than 50, where is the cut off? What’s the scale. Is “zero” excellent and non-nasty; single digits are ok but start to get a little nasty when you get into the upper reaches and double digits is really nasty territory?

I cant understand why it is controversial to say that it is a bad idea to tell your spouse that you just met that you like one night stands and guys ghost you afterwards, and expect the relationship to go smoothly. Why was it so important that Brennen knows that?

Do you know how many guys my girlfriends slept with?  I dont know.  I never asked.  I never volunteered how many women I slept with and they never asked. Thats what Emily should have done. But I think the alcohol would have killed the relationship either way. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

What kind of friends does Emily have that would spill all that tea to Brennan?
That was enough to plant the seeds of doubt. The money conversation didn’t help her either. However, if she behaved like she did at the reunion, that alone would be enough for Brennan to say peace out. I don’t think it was the one night stands alone that made up his mind. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Maximadc said:

It is interesting that nobody has mentioned Emily's comment that she would find the girl Brennan dates and tell her how awful Brennan really is. Shallow move, especially if she think that she is so better than him.

If she said this (I may have missed it as I only watched half-ish if the reunion), that’s shallow, petty, immature and kind of pathetic, honestly. If she were as strong and independent as she claims to be, she’d wash her hands of him and let karma work it out (or not, whatever). Living well is the best revenge. “It didn’t work out between us. Good luck,” and then get on with your life. He’s no longer her problem, and inserting herself into any new relationship of his is guaranteed and totally unnecessary drama. I’d have blocked her everywhere long ago if I were Brennan. 

These are adults in their 20s and 30s and there was so much high school-esque behavior on that stage. The women literally went “La la la I don’t believe you!” when anything was said that they didn’t like.

• Like 8
  • Applause 6

If Lifetime wanted us to actively dislike a group of people (men and women), then they hired the right cast. If they thought that disliking them intensely was the best way to get many viewers to watch again, they lose.  They may pick up some new viewers who watch this stuff for the fakeness and drama, but some of us watch for other reasons and don't like the scripted drama. I, personally, don't think I will be watching again.

• Like 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

If she said this (I may have missed it as I only watched half-ish if the reunion), that’s shallow, petty, immature and kind of pathetic, honestly. If she were as strong and independent as she claims to be, she’d wash her hands of him and let karma work it out (or not, whatever). Living well is the best revenge. “It didn’t work out between us. Good luck,” and then get on with your life. He’s no longer her problem, and inserting herself into any new relationship of his is guaranteed and totally unnecessary drama. I’d have blocked her everywhere long ago if I were Brennan. 

These are adults in their 20s and 30s and there was so much high school-esque behavior on that stage. The women literally went “La la la I don’t believe you!” when anything was said that they didn’t like.

She did say it when Brennan told Kevin he was happily in a relationship. The fact that she thinks the new girlfriend would care what her unhinged self has to say is laughable. They were basically together for a couple of weeks and were doomed from the start. It sounds like Brennan and the new lady are in a happy healthy place. Nobody needs advice from the cuckoo bird in pink.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 9
13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Even though she was awful to him, he was still awful to her. He could have taken the high road, even when he perceived that she was taking the low road. He could have been honest early on instead of his macho, "protectiveness." 

That was how I felt throughout the season, but after the reunion I'm inclined to give him a little more benefit of the doubt.  He said he did tell her privately that the attraction wasn't there; she responded that he was lying and was indeed attracted to her, and he said to Kevin something like, "See, there's the delusion" - made me wonder how many times they had had that conversation, especially if she was drunkenly climbing into the shower with him or pouncing on him in the bed?

4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

What kind of friends does Emily have that would spill all that tea to Brennan?
That was enough to plant the seeds of doubt. The money conversation didn’t help her either. However, if she behaved like she did at the reunion, that alone would be enough for Brennan to say peace out. I don’t think it was the one night stands alone that made up his mind. 

Emily's friends were certainly bitches who didn't' seem to like her very much.  But this reminds me of one of Becca's friends who said to Austin at the wedding reception something like, "Becca's the most sex positive person I know" - I thought at the time that I'd be annoyed if a friend said something like that to my stranger husband.  That could have made him wary and weird like he was.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

She did say it when Brennan told Kevin he was happily in a relationship. The fact that she thinks the new girlfriend would care what her unhinged self has to say is laughable. They were basically together for a couple of weeks and were doomed from the start. It sounds like Brennan and the new lady are in a happy healthy place. Nobody needs advice for the cuckoo bird in pink.

This also supports Brennan's statement that Emily told him she would ruin his life. Trying to get his new girlfriend to leave him would fit that narrative.  So, her own statements and actions are supporting some of the things Brennan said the she said and did.

• Like 10

I’m a little late to the show, so I think everything there is to be said has been covered. But I think if you just wanted to give someone a 4-minute clip that summarizes the entire four hours, I would go with Kevin asking Cameron what the double-date accusation was all about. Cameron says, “So we went to Union Station” and Emily and Clare immediately start hysterically crying(?!?!). Cam just stops for a bit and then asks whether he should continue, and Clare starts screaming that he’s lying. At this point he’s only said Union Station—so is he lying that they were at a different bar? Then as Emily and Clare are crying and yelling about the purported lies, Cam and Brennan calmly point out that the girls admitted to XYZ and Clare just yells back that’s besides the point and it doesn’t matter. So every single “lie” turns out to be a lie or embellishment on the girls’ behalf—though they keep doubling down that everything the guys have ever said is a lie. It was just mind-boggling. The guys all gave thoughtful and reflective apologies to the experts, while the girls (really just Emily and Clare) vacillated between crying and yelling but never once letting up that everything was 100% the men’s fault. No accountability whatsoever for the part they played in going along with the optics plan. Like, okay, maybe you were following the men’s lead, but you still did it, too. They were just so proud of themselves for hyping each other up backstage to keep fighting and not let up for a second. It was like Barbie meets Lord of the Flies up on that stage. This was just way too much. I can almost understand Emily acting like a teenager with a broken heart because this is the longest relationship she’s ever had. But Clare, a grown-ass therapist with a dating history, should not be this worked up over someone she had a few week relationship with. She should also be better at explaining her feelings and perspective. Who’s going to want to be her patient?!

• Like 11
  • Applause 8
20 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

This also supports Brennan's statement that Emily told him she would ruin his life. Trying to get his new girlfriend to leave him would fit that narrative.  So, her own statements and actions are supporting some of the things Brennan said the she said and did.

How far in advance is all of this filmed? I think that Brennan said he and the new person had been together “a couple of months” when they were filming the tell-all and I’m wondering how long ago that was.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

How far in advance is all of this filmed? I think that Brennan said he and the new person had been together “a couple of months” when they were filming the tell-all and I’m wondering how long ago that was.

I’m not sure how MAFS works, but if it’s anything like Bravo, it’s a cycle of a year and the reunion for the current season is filmed after the break, as the current season is airing, right before they start picking up filming for the next season. So, for example, Vanderpump Rules is currently airing and the season should be ending soon. They filmed the reunion March 16, and the filming for the season was June through September 2023. This is why it’s odd to viewers when something comes out at the reunion and they’re “still fighting about it a year later” by the time we see that next season, but to the cast, it’s still a fresh topic because it was only 3 months ago between filming the reunion and the next season. But MAFS timelines, I don’t know. Just when we think the season is over, they pull out MORE episodes! I’m wondering whether this post-marriage show we get this week was filmed after the reunion rather than soon after the divorces. Based on the previews, it seems so. I’m guessing after that debacle of a reunion, some producer is like we can still milk this vitriol!

• Like 5
On 4/19/2024 at 3:18 PM, Elizzikra said:

. As far as the one night stands, if your (fictional) spouse at first sight had a bunch of them but no serious relationship, is the concern that he would want to continue one night stands once he is in a relationship? Is it a fidelity concern? Would say two one night stands be more acceptable than 50? I am genuinely so curious about this now - not for you, specifically necessarily but what the questions are that people might have generally. 

I think fidelity would be fair concern, but not the only one.   Emily's lack of relationship experience played out pretty clearly on TV.   By her own admission she's been ghosted a lot.   She never actually had to break up with someone.   The lessons learned in a break up are also important in developing stronger relationship experience.   This was her first breakup.   And she acted like some people do during their first breakup (refusing to accept what the other person has said, being overly obsessed and making the other person a villian, lashing out emotionally.   The difference is most people are doing this in their mid teens, not 30.   

After Emily's accident she confused Brennan's general concern for her well being for romantic interest.   Even though he was clear he just wanted to be cordial with her.   Made me wonder if she has any male friends, as she doesn't seem to know how to be friendly with an Ex or with men in general.    Also may be why she accused Brennan on wanting her friend.  Because she just doesn't have a healthy concept of male/female platonic interactions.

Emily was kissed in a club by a stranger.   She did not frame the kiss as being unwelcome, and I didn't get the impression she felt it was an assault.   A person with more relationship experience would likely have set some boundaries where a man would have not felt comfortable to kiss her.   (Assuming the man wasn't a complete jerk, but based on the stories told by Emily and Becca that did not seem to be the case).  .  

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't find sex to be dirty; I think Brennan saw Emily's sexual past as dirty.

If he did, he can (and actually should) use that as a factor in deciding whether he wants to be married to her, regardless of whether she intends to continue having one-night stands during their marriage. 

On 4/19/2024 at 11:25 AM, Starlight925 said:

Cam to Emily:  Let me set the record straight.  Clare's and my marriage was already over

Wait just a second.  Did he really say "Clare's and my marriage"?  I would consider staying married to him just on that basis alone.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
On 4/18/2024 at 7:51 PM, LakeGal said:

I really wonder how the participants of the past seasons are going to be viewing the women of the season?  Will they accept them into the group or distance themselves from them?

I get the feeling that the people now only stay in contact with people from their own seasons. Probably just the divorced brides.

There have been so many seasons now that there isn't much of a bond with other seasons.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Decision day was in April 2023 and the reunion was filmed in December 2023. I think the upcoming "Where are They Now?" episode was filmed late January this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3

Clare seems to be the toxic leader, its frightening she's a therapist, she seems to be in Emily's ear which is telling.. These women seem to be the conspiring to make the men look bad, the men are not perfect but the women are over the top. If all the world had to offer were these girls I'd be a monk.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

So, it appears that Cam was the one behind some of the men's 'agreements' while Clare is behind some of the women's 'agreements.'  Could it be that the 'experts' actually got it right and matched a couple who had similar characteristics and interests?  Could it be that this could have been a successful match after all?

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1

Six months after less than two months of relationship? Emily should have forgotten his name by then. If the group can't let it go, something seriously troubling is happening with them.
These girls represent all shades of pink insecurities.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, Maximadc said:

These girls represent all shades of pink insecurities.

There is a 50 Shades of Pink joke in here somewhere but I can’t quite get to it at the moment…

• LOL 5
10 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Wait just a second.  Did he really say "Clare's and my marriage"?  I would consider staying married to him just on that basis alone.

Ha ha no, that was me.  A pet peeve when they say “Me and Clare’s” etc.  🤣

• LOL 5
21 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Ha ha no, that was me.  A pet peeve when they say “Me and Clare’s” etc.  🤣

Mine is "Clare and I's".  Makes me stabby. 😠

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
On 4/20/2024 at 1:28 AM, Gator Stud said:

Guys have been called hos too when they act like this, so not sexist. 

C'mon. Men are not at all called ho as often as women are.

Promiscuous men are called studs.

• Like 2
On 4/20/2024 at 11:40 PM, starlightlost said:

I'm not sure why we are having to defend our opinions on sleeping around?

the office slow clap GIF

• Like 3

I'm not sure why we are having to defend our opinions on sleeping around?

The beauty of chatting here is that no one has to do or say anything. You can say what you think and not have to say another word about it.

I ask about people's views on "sleeping around" because they are interesting to me. I'm old. I was raised Catholic. So I had some pretty damaging views about sex and sexuality growing up. I have a young adult daughter. So I see how her generation approaches sex and sexuality and I think that, in a lot of ways, they are much healthier about the subject. Finally, I'm in the US where there is still a lot of misogyny, both blatant and subtle, and many legal and healthcare policies driven by misogyny, often veiled as morality and religion. As much as I disliked both Emily and Brennan, individually and as a couple, I thought that many of the comments they generated were interesting to think about, which is why I asked people questions about them. I'm grateful to everyone for the food for thought, whether it was food I agreed with or disagreed with. If you don't want to contribute to that aspect of the potluck, by all means - don't. There's no "having to."

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

The beauty of chatting here is that no one has to do or say anything. You can say what you think and not have to say another word about it.

I ask about people's views on "sleeping around" because they are interesting to me. I'm old. I was raised Catholic. So I had some pretty damaging views about sex and sexuality growing up. I have a young adult daughter. So I see how her generation approaches sex and sexuality and I think that, in a lot of ways, they are much healthier about the subject. Finally, I'm in the US where there is still a lot of misogyny, both blatant and subtle, and many legal and healthcare policies driven by misogyny, often veiled as morality and religion. As much as I disliked both Emily and Brennan, individually and as a couple, I thought that many of the comments they generated were interesting to think about, which is why I asked people questions about them. I'm grateful to everyone for the food for thought, whether it was food I agreed with or disagreed with. If you don't want to contribute to that aspect of the potluck, by all means - don't. There's no "having to."

In the US there IS misogyny. And racism. I saw it in corporate America. I dont see any of it on this forum though.  Telling someone you just met/married that you like one-night stands, and then down shots like it is going out of style, that might affect how your groom looks at you. I am a big fan of the Women's Liberation Movement, but not using it as a crutch to excuse horrible behavior.  My mother and grandmother fought for the liberation of women.  Women could not even own credit cards until the 70s.

But Emily is no feminist.  She is a party girl who cant let go of the past and move on.  Look at her attitude towards both Kevin at Keisha.  Totally nasty. Look at how every time the guys were trying to make a pertinent point, they either fake cried or talked over the guys so they could not get their points out.  That was a deliberate strategy, BTW. If the other side cant get their point out, you automatically win.  But it backfired.  Emily says hate is good.  I disagree.  I think hate is bad. Even if you are in the right, hate can destroy you. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Wow, that's pretty gentlemanly!  That's not what I call 'em! 🤣

Ha! I probably should have said that's what men call themselves. Sleeping around is a badge of honor for them. Unfortunately some women buy into that interpretation, too. Double standards, what are you gonna do? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

In the US there IS misogyny. And racism. I saw it in corporate America. I dont see any of it on this forum though.  Telling someone you just met/married that you like one-night stands, and then down shots like it is going out of style, that might affect how your groom looks at you. I am a big fan of the Women's Liberation Movement, but not using it as a crutch to excuse horrible behavior.  My mother and grandmother fought for the liberation of women.  Women could not even own credit cards until the 70s.

But Emily is no feminist.  She is a party girl who cant let go of the past and move on.  Look at her attitude towards both Kevin at Keisha.  Totally nasty. Look at how every time the guys were trying to make a pertinent point, they either fake cried or talked over the guys so they could not get their points out.  That was a deliberate strategy, BTW. If the other side cant get their point out, you automatically win.  But it backfired.  Emily says hate is good.  I disagree.  I think hate is bad. Even if you are in the right, hate can destroy you. 

I was there when my mother finally got her own credit card in the 1970s.  She was a big proponent of women's rights.  Emily is not a feminist but she is the embodiment of the new freedoms that women now enjoy.  In the 1950s she wouldn't have felt as free to act like a traditional man about relationships without a thought about her "reputation".  If she did she would have suffered way more social ostracism and judgment from men and women.  She still does but not as much, especially from the younger generation.

Emily is immature and unfortunately at her age catching up is going to be very difficult if not impossible even with therapy.  She is stuck at a high school level of maturity when it comes to relationships.  It is sad.  As others have said, she is acting like a high school girl whose first boyfriend dumped her.  She is stuck in that anger/hate phase of the breakup and isn't coming out of it so fast.  And even sadder is that it wasn't even a full relationship!  She never even had sex with the guy.  Unfortunately Brennan fed into all her Daddy issues and she reacted out of proportion to the situation.  Now I know why she never let herself get emotionally attached to any man.  She has too many Daddy issues and it brings all of that out for her.  She might get past her anger and hate in time but for now she just looks immature and vindictive. 

Here's more of my assessment of Emily:

When she keeps going on about how attractive she is to men, etc., it's because she sees Brennan like her father that never noticed or appreciated her and it presses her buttons of how rejected she felt by her father, so she has to come back with how attractive she is.  She is reacting like a victim, she is not being a narcissist, in my opinion.  There's a difference.

• Applause 1