Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E24: Denver Reunion, Part 1

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: When using powerful term/phrases, it's important to consider the impact of the words and whether they contribute constructively to the conversation or discourse.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

One (or perhaps more than one) of the women said (paraphrasing) the men focused so much energy on the "optics" the fact they had just gotten married and were supposed to be developing a relationship with the women they were married to was practically forgotten.

I know a lot of viewers think reality TV is scripted, but I recall something I read a reality TV cast member said years ago: "If you don't do it or say it they can't use it." 

So while shows like MAFS aren't scripted per se, at the end of each season production has hundreds of hours of film of each cast member. When reviewing the film, storylines will be suggested and the producers can certainly tell the editors to use the segments of each cast member's footage that will tell the story they've chosen for them.

Although I have no idea who was gaslighting who in the husbands vs wives face-off, I'm leaning towards the grooms' side. From what I understand, there were so few men who applied for this season production had to scout social media (and perhaps do some in-person scouting at venues that attract single men) to find men and invite them to participate. 

I believe MAFS receiving more female applicants than male has been an issue from the show's inception, so they've always had to do this to increase their pool of available male candidates. But Denver's pool of bachelors was almost entirely* made up of men who were recruited by production.

My response to anyone who expresses surprise that optics were a bigger priority to the men than forming a relationship with their wives is: "Duh. Of course they were!"  

Because of that this season was doomed to fail before it even began.

*or entirely. I can't find the article I read that said all the men were recruited.

They picked a lot of female duds this season too imo.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

I agree with those that said the couples should be more isolated from the other couples. I didn’t know who to believe. Cam is not the nice guy I thought he was. Discussing that they didn’t get what they wanted does nothing to build a marriage.

I didn’t care for the pink power crap.  Show some individuality!
I believe Lauren that Orion wanted a platform but what the hell? Why get legally married to bring awareness to indigenous people? 
That’s great that Emily sees herself as a 10 but that doesn’t make Brennan a 1 or whatever she called him. She uses insults and makes her seem bitter and childish.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

What a mess….

Up until just before the end of this episode, I had been believing Cameron’s take on things, because we’d seen Claire say things in the past that stirred the pot -encouraging other women to end their relationships too. 

BUT— once he started suggesting they get back together, after doing nothing but viciously attacking her, I immediately changed my mind— it seemed like he was really trying to mess with her head and manipulate her. Maybe so she’d seem like the bad one for saying no.

Someone above posted that he seemed unhinged then, which he kind of did. And even when she stopped going after him, he kept making really nasty digs at her. And then smiling when he did. 

I don’t have a link, but MAFS (on Instagram and Facebook) posted copies (supposedly from Cameron to Claire) of a bunch of texts where they are both scheming on how they’ll game the show to get divorced while still getting paid—but the plans are definitely led by the “Cameron” in the conversation.  “Puppet master,” indeed. Are they real? Who knows. 

The whole episode was brutal and shocking to watch. No one but Chloe came off well. And Emily smiling gleefully at the camera while giving Brennan the finger behind his back while they walked down the hall did her no favors. Even if he’s truly the villain of their relationship, it just made her seem petty and juvenile. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I agree with those that said the couples should be more isolated from the other couples. I didn’t know who to believe. Cam is not the nice guy I thought he was. Discussing that they didn’t get what they wanted does nothing to build a marriage.

58 minutes ago, Cramps said:

Up until just before the end of this episode, I had been believing Cameron’s take on things, because we’d seen Claire say things in the past that stirred the pot -encouraging other women to end their relationships too. 

BUT— once he started suggesting they get back together, after doing nothing but viciously attacking her, I immediately changed my mind— it seemed like he was really trying to mess with her head and manipulate her. Maybe so she’d seem like the bad one for saying no.

I'm glad to see that people are finally seeing through the cracks in Cameron's facade.  Whether or not he was put up to suggesting getting back together by production he's showing himself for the dishonest manipulator he is.

I'm also noticing the similarity between that and Orion's attempts to start over with Lauren and perhaps the regret now coming from Austin too.  It is starting to look like they were being put up that and more by production, and unfortunately that's just the kind of thing I would have expected from them.

Even if they weren't put up to it by the show if it came from their mutual pact to sanitize their images on the show it was just as bad.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 3
(edited)

I swear Austin had a beard in Part 1 and in the previews for Part 2 he did not.

I don't have the energy to watch again.

Did anyone else notice?

Edited by Rightside
  • Like 4
(edited)

5 minutes ago, Rightside said:

When is Part 2? Did I miss something???

Part 2 is next week.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, kristen111 said:

After that, they all came on for different reasons,especially exposure.  For shame.  

It's the same with The Bachelor/ette franchise. Everyone is "wrong reasons" these days. And still, I can't seem to shake the habit. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

It's the same with The Bachelor/ette franchise. Everyone is "wrong reasons" these days. And still, I can't seem to shake the habit. 

So sick of the Bachelor, but I just have to see who the next GoldenBachelorette will be. Lol.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Rightside said:

I swear Austin had a beard in Part 1 and in the previews for Part 2 he did not.

Yes! I follow a FB page about MAFS.  Someone else noticed that and posted screen caps. He's even wearing the same shirt! Weird.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I'm glad to see that people are finally seeing through the cracks in Cameron's facade.  Whether or not he was put up to suggesting getting back together by production he's showing himself for the dishonest manipulator he is.

I'm also noticing the similarity between that and Orion's attempts to start over with Lauren and perhaps the regret now coming from Austin too.  It is starting to look like they were being put up that and more by production, and unfortunately that's just the kind of thing I would have expected from them.

Even if they weren't put up to it by the show if it came from their mutual pact to sanitize their images on the show it was just as bad.

Was I seeing things, or was Austin crying in a few scenes?  

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Kimboweena said:

Yes! I follow a FB page about MAFS.  Someone else noticed that and posted screen caps. He's even wearing the same shirt! Weird.

Thanks!  That is so bizarre.

So what did they do film part 1 and come back later for part 2 and wear the same clothes? That doesn't sound logical.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Thanks!  That is so bizarre.

So what did they do film part 1 and come back later for part 2 and wear the same clothes? That doesn't sound logical.

On Facebook?  Wow, never knew that.  Even tho I’m on, I don’t know much and how to navigate everything.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Was I seeing things, or was Austin crying in a few scenes?  

Yes, and I saw real regret on his face.  I think he was sucked in by Cam, the producers and the other men and now regrets it.  That's not to make any excuses for him, he should know better at his age.

• Like 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

So sick of the Bachelor, but I just have to see who the next GoldenBachelorette will be. Lol.

Maybe nobody? Today was a rough day for the franchise.

The alleged texts: 

1) https://www.instagram.com/p/C5m5pBoMRO5/?igsh=dnN1c3B5aWdwcXB1

2) https://www.instagram.com/p/C5m-nczsEqp/?igsh=MTRsdGl2ZGQwaXFxZQ==

Wow. I don't follow any other social media stuff about the show or the cast except for being here but... wow.  So much intrigue. Honestly, don't these people have anything better to do? And whoever Cam is talking to in the second set of receipts - if they really want him to stop contacting them, why not just block him?

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 3
27 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Yes, and I saw real regret on his face.  I think he was sucked in by Cam, the producers and the other men and now regrets it.  That's not to make any excuses for him, he should know better at his age.

I thought he was just  crying because he knows he looks bad and he's frustrated that everyone knows he wasn't attracted to his wife but he won't admit it.  If he had been pleased with his wife he would have had sex with her and had a marriage rather than joining some silly boys' pact. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

Like everyone else, I am sick of all these people but here are my few additional thoughts:

1.  While Brennan has many faults, I so appreciated his often scathing BREVITY during the reunion.  

2.  Claire is more into Emily than she was ever into Cam.  And if Cam masterminded the OPTICS for the group, I think Claire thinks she is the girl-boss of the women.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, Alexander Pope said:

Like everyone else, I am sick of all these people but here are my few additional thoughts:

1.  While Brennan has many faults, I so appreciated his often scathing BREVITY during the reunion.  

I agree- that was kind of hot to me! 😅  He is not "my person" 😏- but Go Brennan! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

That reminds me.  At one point Brennan told Kevin, "This is what she calls yelling," as he spoke in his usual low voice.  Then in the previews for the next episode, Kevin accuses Emily of yelling at him

• Like 5
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I thought he was just  crying because he knows he looks bad and he's frustrated that everyone knows he wasn't attracted to his wife but he won't admit it.  If he had been pleased with his wife he would have had sex with her and had a marriage rather than joining some silly boys' pact. 

The whole damn thing is the matches.  Whoever matched up these people should be fired.  None of them were matched right.  Just by looks they didn’t belong together.  A party drinker who hopped up on the bar with a Conservative guy.  Austin needed a much younger girl who likes to go out and not sit on the sofa and watch tv all night.  The list goes on and on.  Bad matches all around.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, starlightlost said:

So those screenshots of the alleged texts -- they are from the morning of January 30th but they were married on that day... So unless they knew each other beforehand, the texts don't make sense. Something is fishy here.

The alleged texts: 

Wow, those texts! Not sure what to believe. It definitely feels like the show has become an acting gig and paycheck. 

I agree the couples were not matched well.  This group behaved like they were ordering from Instacart. They mentioned more than once not getting what they wanted as though someone messed up their order. I want a tall thin blond….etc  How about trying to have some fun together?  
I don’t think any of the guys actually wanted to be married. I don’t think Claire really wanted a husband. I do think the other ladies were hoping for a match. 
I caught the preview and yes, Austin shaved at some point but in the quick clip I saw, it looked like it had a day to grow back in. Very odd.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, princelina said:

I believe Austin that he takes longer to be ready for sex than most men in a relationship and I believe that he did have genuine feelings for Becca.  I just think he wasn't all into her for a long term commitment right away and was discouraged from allowing that to happen by all the negative influences around him.  I'm sure he was discouraged from letting his feelings deepen with Becca by Cam, Brennan, Orion and perhaps even that one producer.  They and their influences helped to sabotage anything from going further between him and Becca.  All of their negativity over their spouses rubbed off on him and he started to doubt his feelings.  Those feelings may or may not not have deepened anyway, but the look on his face told me he knew he allowed other people to influence his feelings for Becca before any of that might have happened on its own, which only helped to sabotage the relationship.  And now he regrets letting them have that kind of influence over him.  But it's too little too late and I don't blame Becca for not trusting him on that.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, princelina said:

he said he wasn't having sex before he felt more certain of a relationship - you don't allow that to be a real option for him? seems possible to me

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, cinsays said:

he said he wasn't having sex before he felt more certain of a relationship - you don't allow that to be a real option for him? seems possible to me

Yes, I think Austin was the most sincere of the men at first but he let them take him under their collective wing and he became as bad as they were.  He was totally hoodwinked into it not realizing he was dealing with a real psycho and script flipper like Cam.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, starlightlost said:

So those screenshots of the alleged texts -- they are from the morning of January 30th but they were married on that day... So unless they knew each other beforehand, the texts don't make sense. Something is fishy here.

The alleged texts: 

Looking over those texts, there's no reason that first exchange couldn't have happened on the wedding day.  They don't necessarily have to be to Clare - maybe it was to one of the men.  The men knew each other before the weddings.  They may have already been planning their "escapes" if they didn't like their spouses.

Also those messages are brief excerpts and aren't necessarily contiguous in terms of dates.  The next couple don't have dates but it looks like at least one of them was to Clare.  The next one with a date is Feb. 9 - that one could have been to Clare after they "agreed" that they were going to support each other even though the relationship wasn't for either of them.

All I can say is if there is any authenticity to these it definitely confirms what I have been saying about Cam all along.  I knew he and Clare had some kind of verbal "agreement" to make each other look good even though they weren't into each other, and I knew Cam was not a good guy.

I don't even know what to say yet about the second set of texts, but again if there is any shred of truth to them it only confirms my suspicions about him all along.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Yes, I think Austin was the most sincere of the men at first but he let them take him under their collective wing and he became as bad as they were.  He was totally hoodwinked into it not realizing he was dealing with a real psycho and script flipper like Cam.

agree to disagree, i guess

i'm not sure what to make of cam but i don't think he had that great an influence on the other guys

• Like 4
11 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I’m nostalgic.  I still loved the first few shows that seemed real.  After that, they all came on for different reasons,especially exposure.  For shame.  

I agree. I never recorded and fast forwarded through the first seasons.

Now I watch a two hour episode in 20 minutes!

• Applause 1

One nit picky detail that bothered me was that during the show Clare referred to herself as a therapist (and her friends did as well), but in the reunion she said she was almost finished with graduate school and her clinical internship.  I think it would have been more honest to just say that, but people love to portray themselves as more than they are, so she's not unique.  I do wonder how much of her actions on the show were based on trying to maintain a certain profile, given her chosen career path. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

It is a real option - I just think that at some point (early on) he decided he was never going to do it but didn't want to tell her that, which ended up making him look like a tool.  And now he's crying about it 😄. People do what they want to do - he wanted to be in with the boys more than he wanted to be married to Becca.  

• Like 2
On 4/10/2024 at 7:50 PM, endure said:

I didn't really like or get Chloe throughout the season but by the end my opinion changed about her and even tonight she seemed very sincere and honest.  

I knew I recognized her from somewhere.  She has a different stage name.

On 4/10/2024 at 11:27 PM, kikicat said:

I really don't care who's lying because they all seemed to have an agenda, but the women's OPTICS were the worst.

Austin lies about things that are inconsequential.

Lie #1: Vaping - no big deal

Lie #2: Hanging out with a group including the producer, but not sleeping with or even kissing her- no big deal
Lie #3- He said the guys didnt hang out together, but when pressed, he said he hangs out with Michael alot, and then says he hangs out with Cam too.  So he lied because he didnt want Brennan to know they dont like him.

I have to change what I said about hanging out with all the guys.  Brennan must be messed up if even the guys voted him off the island.  So I would not hang out with him.

1 hour ago, cinsays said:

agree to disagree, i guess

i'm not sure what to make of cam but i don't think he had that great an influence on the other guys

From the hospital bed? I agree with you.  He was trying to peace out as fast as he could.

• Like 1

I thought it was Orion who wasn't in the male friendship loop.  And, I'm not rewatching to catch which guy was not in the loop.

Of course, maybe whoever isn't in the loop is actually the best guy of the group...

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, princelina said:

I tend to agree. He thanked her for going easy on him.  I think he felt bad for hurting her. At least he didn’t say she gaslit him and asked to get back together!

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Gator Stud said:

Lie #2: Hanging out with a group including the producer, but not sleeping with or even kissing her- no big deal
Lie #3- He said the guys didnt hang out together, but when pressed, he said he hangs out with Michael alot, and then says he hangs out with Cam too.  So he lied because he didnt want Brennan to know they dont like him.

Lie #4:  He was attracted to his wife and wanted to be married to her.  Kind of consequential 😄

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I do wonder how much of her actions on the show were based on trying to maintain a certain profile, given her chosen career path. 

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but on the previous-cast show a couple of weeks ago, Rachel said that in her Houston season, all the wives agreed not to talk about sex on camera because three of them were in education. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

One nit picky detail that bothered me was that during the show Clare referred to herself as a therapist (and her friends did as well), but in the reunion she said she was almost finished with graduate school and her clinical internship.  I think it would have been more honest to just say that, but people love to portray themselves as more than they are, so she's not unique.  I do wonder how much of her actions on the show were based on trying to maintain a certain profile, given her chosen career path. 

A clinical internship is practicing real therapy in a real therapy setting and depending on the program it can amount to a big chunk of time per week.  I know this because I had one when I was pursuing my graduate degree in Counseling Psychology.  So she wasn't lying about practicing therapy and she never hid the fact that she was a student.  I do think she pushed herself a little too much as a professional though.  When I was in that position I never would have acted the way she has, like she's been practicing for 10 years or something.

• Useful 3
4 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Wow.  I am very good with faces and I would bet my bank account that that is not Chloe, not by a long shot, sorry.  I did see a woman that looked a lot like her on a car commercial a couple of weeks ago, though.

Lie #1: Vaping - no big dealLie #2: Hanging out with a group including the producer, but not sleeping with or even kissing her- no big deal

I agree that most of the things he lies about are inconsequential but I tend to think the way he misrepresented himself to Becca was not inconsequential and lead to her getting hurt by him.  He set her up for a fall.  And if not a lie it was at the very least a deception.

I think you're probably right, though, that he didn't want Brennan to know all the guys including him were hanging out together without him.

I have to change what I said about hanging out with all the guys.  Brennan must be messed up if even the guys voted him off the island.  So I would not hang out with him.

An interesting observation and conclusion.  I've had a very bad, visceral reaction to Brennan all season long and my husband thinks he's evil incarnate.  

From the hospital bed? I agree with you.  He was trying to peace out as fast as he could.

Oh, when Cam was recovering he had even MORE time to text and meddle and put all kinds of garbage in the ears of the other men from his phone, thus manipulating them behind the scenes.  I don't know who wins the prize for most evil groom this season, him, Brennan or Orion.

• Like 1

I thought it was Orion who wasn't in the male friendship loop.  And, I'm not rewatching to catch which guy was not in the loop.

I don't think anyone liked Orion; male or female.

A clinical internship is practicing real therapy in a real therapy setting and depending on the program it can amount to a big chunk of time per week.

I think it varies from program to program. I have an MSW and in the advanced year, it's 20 hours per week - but that's just to graduate. For a license that enables you to do therapy, you need advanced licensure. To get that, in my state, you need to practice for least a year (full time) under the supervision of a therapist with that advanced licensure, plus you have to pass an additional exam. I don't think Claire was getting her MSW but maybe a master's in counseling psychology but the requirement is probably at least that much.

• Useful 2
(edited)

As a strong and independent woman, I feel ashamed for those wackos who think they could represent women's power by crying, making faces, and playing victims.
If any gaslighting occurs, you reveal it while filming and ask for a divorce. 

Edited by Maximadc
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
7 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Jesse Ware is definitely not Chloe.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think it varies from program to program. I have an MSW and in the advanced year, it's 20 hours per week - but that's just to graduate. For a license that enables you to do therapy, you need advanced licensure. To get that, in my state, you need to practice for least a year (full time) under the supervision of a therapist with that advanced licensure, plus you have to pass an additional exam. I don't think Claire was getting her MSW but maybe a master's in counseling psychology but the requirement is probably at least that much.

She made mention in this episode how her internship took up a lot of hours.  I think in some states you can actually be employed as a therapist and practice therapy for more than the minimum required hours as your internship while still pursuing the degree so maybe she was doing that.  I don't know about Colorado but I think in some states depending on how you practice a license isn't even required.  But at any rate she was for sure acting like she was a fully qualified therapist when she hadn't even gotten the degree yet!

• Like 3
14 hours ago, princelina said:

Lie #4:  He was attracted to his wife and wanted to be married to her.  Kind of consequential 😄

I've asked a million times, but nobody says how you get out of MAFS without paying the penalty fine or being a big asshole?  It hasnt happened on the history of the show.  Maybe Clint and Gina, but even then Gina went all racist against Redheads, and Clint said he usually dated thinner woman.

Chis was honest about Paige (da face) but we all cringed and hated it.  It is possible that Austin had attraction at the alter, but when Becca started getting all whiny and begging for sex, that was a turn off. Puke said he was building attraction but that was a lie.

Normally when someone says they are not attracted to someone Pastor Cal ask them if they want to end the marriage (pay a big fine). Then the person backs down. Nobody wants to pay that fine.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Gator Stud said:

I've asked a million times, but nobody says how you get out of MAFS without paying the penalty fine or being a big asshole?  It hasnt happened on the history of the show.  Maybe Clint and Gina, but even then Gina went all racist against Redheads, and Clint said he usually dated thinner woman.

Chis was honest about Paige (da face) but we all cringed and hated it.  It is possible that Austin had attraction at the alter, but when Becca started getting all whiny and begging for sex, that was a turn off. Puke said he was building attraction but that was a lie.

Normally when someone says they are not attracted to someone Pastor Cal ask them if they want to end the marriage (pay a big fine). Then the person backs down. Nobody wants to pay that fine.

I thought everything we “knew” about pay structures and penalities was speculation. As far as I know, no one has ever provided any documentation of what the penalties actually are, if there are any. It might be that there is no fine but if you leave early and aren’t getting filmed, maybe you don’t get paid for the full season.

To be clear, I hated Chris of Paige and Chris. I thought he was an arrogant asshole who really had absolutely nothing to offer anyone in the history of ever. What made it even worse was that he thought he was God’s gift to humanity. It was fine by me that he didn’t find Paige’s face attractive. I thought she was cute but hey - we all have different tastes. But what I found abhorrent was that he continued to have sex with her; whispered that he was worried he was falling in love with her; was completely dishonest about his feelings and intentions with her; it goes on and on. He was a terrible person. 

• Like 7
4 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

I don't think there is a good answer to that question if you are talking publicly.  I just don't know why there can't be some off camera discussing about the issues so the other party can save face.  In Clint and Gina's case I still think she started it by attacking Clint's looks first; he retaliated with the thin comment, but then they seemed to have an agreement to go along with whatever nonsense the "experts" presented and wait out the "process" in separate bedrooms.  If Austin could have done that Becca may have looked less foolish.  It seems like Clare and Cam were on their way but he couldn't hold out and wanted to separate that much sooner.  Who knows - if his illness story is true he would have gotten an early break anyway! 😄. And I'm not blaming just the guys here - if I were in the gals' shoes I'd have had the private conversation for different reasons. These ladies seem to share the complaint that the men acted different off camera so that should have been a private conversation catalyst as well!  And I know someone will tell me they came in with sincere intentions to be married, etc, but I'll say again that these were fix-ups on a tv show, not long-term boyfriends, so if they turned out to be jerks get a clue and blame the "experts"!!!

• Like 4

For those of you who can still stand this horrible BS cast.

MAFS fan has posted texts that were between Cam and Clair about how they can control the onscreen narrative 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

I believe Cameron wanted a second chance with Clare because he now has what may be considered a more professional career in finance. In the first or second episode of this season, Clare was not impressed with his career choice repairing bicycles. I don't like Cameron or Clare but she probably motivated him to find a better paying job. I can't believe anyone, needing mental health care, would hire Clare as their therapist. She and Cameron love to be involved in so much BS and love to see other people in stressful situations.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, APK said:

I believe Cameron wanted a second chance with Clare because he now has what may be considered a more professional career in finance. In the first or second episode of this season, Clare was not impressed with his career choice repairing bicycles. I don't like Cameron or Clare but she probably motivated him to find a better paying job. I can't believe anyone, needing mental health care, would hire Clare as their therapist. She and Cameron love to be involved in so much BS and love to see other people in stressful situations.

I don't know that Cameron was struggling financially. I think he is one of a few people in the country that do that sort of work at that level. I think someone early on did a little research and found that Cameron was well-respected in the field. It's a niche market but I'll bet he stayed busy and people who ride expensive, carbon-fiber bikes can probably afford pricey repairs.

• Like 4

I don't think Cameron was struggling financially, either, but Clare sure didn't seem too impressed initially, with both his job and the apartment he was renting. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I don't think Cameron was struggling financially, either, but Clare sure didn't seem too impressed initially, with both his job and the apartment he was renting. 

Well - he did show her a trap full of dead bugs. I wouldn't have loved that either.

• LOL 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, APK said:

Didn't he own his own bike/repair shop?  I think Clare was snooty at first because she thought of him as a "repairman" and didn't understand what he really did.  But she was impressed once she understood what it was, and that's not even the point.  Are we to believe that he owned his own business with a rare specialty and then just gave it all up to have a job in "finance"? And has done it after decision day but before the reunion? While recuperating from heart surgery? I'm calling Cam a liar again.

Edited by princelina
  • Like 1