Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: A Fresh Start

It looks like a typical Couples Therapy trainwreck. I didn't know who any of these people were until this show.Juan Pablo is a douche. Why is Nickki still with him? It's only been a few months, time to move on, girl! Evel Dick seems like "that guy" who is 50 and thinks he's a cool 25, hence the effed up hair, tats and nail polish. Ex gf is way too good looking for him. My guess is he will act like a dick to everyone. The Jersey Shore couple really don't seem to have problems. Her "wealth: will be gone soon and they will be living off his furniture commissions, so no worries. Treach and Cicely seem to have the biggest issues and the longest history, plus 2 kids. We didn't see Jenna tonight, I assume she will appear next week, but from the previews, she looks like a heroin addict. 

• Love 3
Evel Dick seems like "that guy" who is 50 and thinks he's a cool 25, hence the effed up hair, tats and nail polish.

Exactly!  I've meet people like E.D. before, these people who are desperatly trying to hold on to the "good ole' days" of his teens or 20s when they are waaaaay past their prime.  He just reeks of desperation--well actually he probably reeks of vomit, piss, and too much Axe body spray but yeah desperation too.

I'm a Bachelor/Bachelorette fan so I definitely remember Juan Pablo.  Meh, he never bothered me that much.  I can understand not wanting to tell someone they love them if they aren't ready but too me he seems to be dragging it on for t.v. purposes.

Not sure if I will watch or not.

Evil Dick seems like "that guy" who is 50 and thinks he's a cool 25, hence the effed up hair, tats and nail polish.

My nickname for him will be Keith Richards, Jr.

Juan Pablo: "What's his name? TRASH?" 

Nickki: reminds me of a bland, blonde Katie Holmes.

Eh, not sure if I'm feeling this group of jokers. Makes me miss Dourtney.

• Love 3

Juan Pablo and Nikki seem like the Joe Francis and Abbey Wilson of this season. Someone (was it Treach?) noted after meeting Juan Pablo that he came off very calculating or something of that nature. His "aloof foreigner" persona is a bit suspicious.

Treach and Cicely appear to have some very serious problems. I hope they can work something out.

Can't wait to see crazy Jenna Jameson.

• Love 2

Treach...sigh. Pepa of Salt & Pepa has spoken on how abusive he was when they were together and on one occasion, he nearly killed her, so I am not happy that he is on this. Not surprised at all that he is a complete dick to his current girlfriend.

• Love 2

I didn't watch "The Bachelor," so I'm not sure but....Is Juan Pablo really a "foreigner?" Wikipedia tells me he was born in Albany, NY and makes it sound like he was born to foreign-born/immigrant parents in the US may have lived in the US for quite a while (maybe even until he went to play soccer out of the country)....but I'm not sure. However, I think he may be playing up the"I'm a hot, sexy Latino footballer and foreigner whose English isn't that great" angle to cover/excuse the fact that he seems like he has a somewhat douchey side. On a shallow note, he may be good-looking now but he has a massive wrinkle that's only going to get deeper in between his eyes/above his nose. I only point that out because no way would any woman with a deep wrinkle like that get cast as a sex pot on reality TV and because Juan Pablo sure does seem to think he's hot stuff. I couldn't keep my eyes off of that wrinkle during his talking heads. (And if he didn't seem so full of himself and somewhat douchey I'm not sure it would have jumped out at me like it did, but it did).

Also, something about Treach telling Cicley in the conversation about her working for him "I didn't even give you an application" made me laugh. I don't know what it was about that line but I laughed.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 2

I didn't watch "The Bachelor," so I'm not sure but....Is Juan Pablo really a "foreigner?" 

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit how much I know about this, but this was discussed extensively in the Bachelor TWOP forums while his season was airing.  He was born here to Venezuelan parents, but moved back to Venezuela when he was a toddler.  He lived there through high school, then came back to play college soccer in New York.  Spanish is his first language.  After college, he played professional soccer with the Miami team of MLS,  but wasn't great.  In Miami, he appears to live in a primarily spanish-speaking community, with a lot of his Venezuelan family and his beautiful ex and gorgeous kid. He lives with his parents (or to some extent, shares a house with them).  He got his beautiful telenovela star girlfriend pregnant and quit playing soccer, ostensibly because he couldn't play soccer and help raise his kid.  Rumor has it he was dumped by the mother of his child because he couldn't provide for them very well with his weird 'I get sports paraphernalia from Venezualan sports stars for a museum' gig.  He went on the Bachelorette as a lark, and was picked to be the Bachelor because he was hot and 'foreign' and 'ethnic' (as in hispanic enough to solve the show's race issue, but blond and blue eyed so that as not to scare away the women or the viewers). 

Is he playing up the foreigner thing? No.  He's really quite Venezuelan, and from his stint on the Bachelor, doesn't seem to understand American culture or American women very well.  But that's not because he's playing at it, it's because he's really really dumb. Like REALLY really dumb.  He went a whole season without appearing to have anything interesting, insightful, or curious to say.  On top of that, he seems to have been coddled to some extent as a kid (whether that's because he was a male child in a son-loving culture or because he was a talented soccer player in a country that LOVES soccer), and doesn't seem to think he is ever wrong, criticizable, or anything other than just "Venezuelan", so you have to accept that. 

I'm watching this show for the first time because I am here for HIS train wreck.  He may be comedy gold (see "thats the beauty of the fantasy suite" comment while sitting right next to one of the impacted women) or a total waste of space who can't form a coherent thought.  Nikki seems to be a spoiled brat of some order with a head on her shoulders and a nose for cameras and fame.  She's a bunch savvier than he is, PR wise, and may be interesting too.  Or she may just become utterly hate-able.  I don't know which, but Im on for the ride. 

Edited by fib
  • Love 7

Fib, 

That is one of the all-time BEST descriptions of JP and his situation!  And I'm here for exactly the same reasons you are...I SO want to see their bullshit "relationship" flame out in a spectacular fashion!  But no matter how they end up, "Eeees Ok"...... *LOL* 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5

Juan Pablo: "What's his name? TRASH?"

Am I the only person who feels that the magnitude of Juan Pablo's accent and limited command of the English language are put on?  I think he uses this to hide behind his arrogance and douche-iness.

My nickname for him will be Keith Richards, Jr.

LMAO... I almost spit out my coffee on the brand new sofa.

• Love 2

Even Juan Pablo's mother said the he was difficult to deal with.  I have NO doubt he uses his "confusion" to cover up his selfishness and need for attention.  He uses his daughter Cammmeeeeeelllllaaaaa as a convenient excuse, too.   We'll be hearing a lot more about her in the future, I'm sure.  

• Love 2

Treach...sigh. Pepa of Salt & Pepa has spoken on how abusive he was when they were together and on one occasion, he nearly killed her, so I am not happy that he is on this. Not surprised at all that he is a complete dick to his current girlfriend.

This here is why I have no idea why she isn't surprised either.   The man you're about to get involved with is a celebrity AND google is free.  Now I don't know if NBN was ever crossover in their heydey, but dude was well known (read: notorious) enough that this was NOT a secret.  I knew it and I'm a not hip hop following book nerd.  Maybe she had some built in *well he might've done it to her but won't to me* about her.   What I wanna know is how they ever got it kicked off.   I'm sure she's a nice lady and everything but forgive me, she's not poppin looking enough to be his type.   She's also a little too slow at the mouth but maybe that's because he's still abusive.   These two are going to interest me.  I don't know that you can fix a wifebeater.   In one future episode peek, his father is sitting next to him and he's all well, what am I supposed to do, I can't change the past.    Great, good job dad and mystery solved.  One asshole begat another.

Fib, 

That is one of the all-time BEST descriptions of JP and his situation!  And I'm here for exactly the same reasons you are...I SO want to see their bullshit "relationship" flame out in a spectacular fashion!  But no matter how they end up, "Eeees Ok"...... *LOL* 

leigh I hatechu a little bit for this.  LMAO!!!!

Nikki could not possibly have less self respect.   The guy she's pining to hear an I love you from just said he'd be fine without her.  *facepalm* oh no, sorry, he'd be sad {{insert puppyface}} but keep on breathing.  She is gonna be so pissed at herself when she sees the dvd of this show 10 years from now.   You guys??  Juan Pablo would be so much easier for us to take if we'd only just understand that he loves fuckin (in the helicopter)™ JP, but hates women.   a-duh.  

I didn't see the deal between Keith Richards Jr and his woman, she wants him?  ya'll, for real?

Deena is a walking ad for more sunscreen, less hooch.  If she'dve said I'm 37 I would not have batted one eyelash.    I did giggle when they were talking about their economic disparity as though she's on the Forbes list.  More of that please.  LOL!!

In the previews:  what the hell happened to Jenna Jameson's face?

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 5

Drugs, alcohol, smoking, plastic surgery. 

^I was just coming on here to say the same thing. She also looks anorexic and/or bulimic. She looked better when she was younger and when she was pregnant. The extra weight (which was really all of 3 pounds on her) made a huge difference.  So sad. She was a pretty woman and she went and messed with her face. Her body is too straggly and the tattoos on her arm take over. In other words. I can't wait to next week's episode. For some reason I don't know who her current boyfriend is, but I am assuming that Tito Ortiz has custody of the twins?? Anyone know?

I can't believe I succumbed to watching this. Juan Pablo is such a condescending jackass. Nikki needs to wake up! He's in a win-win situation here. He's got a cute girlfriend, who is eager to please no matter what and gets along with his daughter, who he introduces to anyone he happens to date. He's got no reason to end things as long as he's enjoying himself and he doesn't even have to feel guilty about leading her on, since he's been totally honest and she claims to be fine with it. It's her who's letting herself be treated like a casual fling, even though her expectations are clearly something else entirely. She's even convinced herself that he does love her and just doesn't know it yet. It certainly doesn't show in his behaviour in any way. It's just sad and she's gonna be kicking herself in a few years (months) looking back. He is just a dumb arrogant ex-athlete, who only loves himself and his daughter and who is hated by half the nation. He is so NOT worth all the nastiness she's had to put up with and the culture clash and the travelling. I fear she's not gonna realise that until everyone stops giving a crap about them and there's no common enemy to fight against anymore. Then it's just her and this dumb lazy guy who she can't even properly communicate with. Awesome.

I have little interest in the rest of the couples since I've never seen any of them before and they all seem super trashy.

• Love 2

I don't understand how Nikki thinks this is working/is going to work. He is an oversexed jackass and they don't live in the same city. He also has not seemed to make noise about how he wants her to live in the same city. If he's not getting it from her, he's getting it somewhere - I don't know why she doesn't see this!

• Love 1

Could someone explain to me how Evel Dick is a celebrity.  Is he a reality star of some sort?  It was kind of funny when he brought up the Fantasy Suite dates to Juan Pablo.

Evel Dick was on Big Brother. I believe he did another stint on the show with his daughter Danielle too.

Treach and his girlfriend worry me. He has no kindness towards her but he was right when he said she doesn't like to discuss things. I feel bad for their kids because didn't he say they fight in front of the kids?

I like the Jersey Shore couple the best. They seem the most "normal"out of this group.

I don't understand how Nikki thinks this is working/is going to work. 

I can't pretend to speak for Nikki, but I assume that she's waiting to move til she gets more out of him, like a ring or an "I love you".  

I assume she's on the show for 1) a chance to live with and spend time with Juan Pablo without having to move to Miami and be totally on his terms, 2) 15 more minutes of fame, 3)sexy time with her hot boyfriend, and 4) relationship counseling.  In that order, though possibly the first 2 are incorrectly placed.  

I actually think her participation makes a lot more sense than Juan Pablo's: America hates him, that's unlikely to change, and he has a child at home who he should want to spend time with. 

For some reason I don't know who her current boyfriend is, but I am assuming that Tito Ortiz has custody of the twins?? Anyone know?

I remember reading somewhere that Tito was awarded primary custody of their kids.

I can't pretend to speak for Nikki, but I assume that she's waiting to move til she gets more out of him, like a ring or an "I love you".  

I assume she's on the show for 1) a chance to live with and spend time with Juan Pablo without having to move to Miami and be totally on his terms, 2) 15 more minutes of fame, 3)sexy time with her hot boyfriend, and 4) relationship counseling.  In that order, though possibly the first 2 are incorrectly placed.  

I actually think her participation makes a lot more sense than Juan Pablo's: America hates him, that's unlikely to change, and he has a child at home who he should want to spend time with. 

I hate to tell you this, Nikki, but he's just not that into you.

Does anyone know who the mystery couple are? It's not Jenna Jameson  and her guy is it?

• Love 1

From what I remember of Nikki and JP on the Bachelor, they were both in on the 'joke'.  What I mean is, they were both playing the game and neither really thought there was any real relationship/love there.  It seems like they're carrying on the fame-whoring on this show too, just to continue their 15 minutes of fame.

• Love 2

Just watched this b/c I was bored...like a bunch of you I haven't  clue who these fame whores are other than Juan Pablo.  His face was plastered all over the rags at the grocery store, so I assumed he was a major jerk. Assumption validated.

I think Treach bothers me the most.  He seemed very volatile.  He has 6 kids, two with his current therapy partner and it sounds like he probably has several more out there if the cheating allegations stick.  I think Cicley is along for the TV exposure.  She mentioned she wanted to be an actress and was really "on" in all her time on camera.

Jersey Shore girl looks like she's pushing 40.  YIKES

So very sad that we make "celebrities" out of so many untalented douches.

• Love 1

I missed the first episode of the season so tried to DVR it (since according to my cable guide it was airing at 1am or something). For some bizarro reason, at 1am they were still in the middle of another show and this one started 20 minutes after the hour. Ok what? So... bottom line is that I missed the part where ED asks JP about the FS (sorry, couldn't help it). Should I attempt to find the exchange online somewhere? Was the answer anything more than "Eees ok?"

• Love 1