Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

Just now, Hellga said:

The daughter seems like she has very much the same face.  The almost Habsburg jaw included.  Sounds like she is struggling with eating disorders but at least she looks like her weight is normal, so she is working hard.  Good for her. 

And she has had a baby in the fairly recent past...

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

When I do indulge in fast food, I love a cheeseburger from Cookout. Their barbecue sandwiches are good too. 

I’ve never heard of Cookout! 

• Like 2

The rental car is way nicer than I would have expected.  The place in Houston is not one of the usual poundticipant apartments... is it a house?  

• Like 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

I think we got our messages crossed. While I'm sure Greenville, TN has some exciting dining establishments, I wondered what city Top Chef was in this year. 

Wisconsin, with filming in Milwaukee, Madison and Door County.

So, the daughter tells the truth, her mother was never around, and just dropped in sometimes while the cousin who raised Delana, raised the daughter.   How sad.   Then after the argument when the daughter was 12, she moved in with Uncle Danny, and stayed there.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
(edited)

"We're taking her to Disney World."

Voiceover: "they would not, in fact, take her anywhere.

Edited by Pi237
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6

Fast food breakfast tacos or what the hell are they eating?  Definitely not a cup of yogurt and not what she should be eating. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

This show rarely makes me gag, but what the hell was that stain on the underside of the mattress?!? It looked like fluid from decomposition ...

I need a shudder emoji

• Like 3

I’ve never heard of Cookout! 

It's a really popular chain in the South. You find them in a lot of college towns. The food is cheap and usually pretty good. I just wish they had some healthier options. 

• Useful 2
Just now, Pi237 said:

"Wer'e taking her to Disney World."

Voiceover: "they would not, in fact, take her anywhere.

She's going to ride Dumbo. She is Dumbo.

She has anxiety, another bingo card hit.

• Like 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, MagicEyes said:

It must have at least one of the above, and/or an IHOP. 

That town has a lot of smaller places, and every fast food place.   Subway this time?   

So, at least they rented a place with a short walk to the van, and on a solid slab foundation.   That's so much safer than the trailer with stairs was. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

So they live in Houston now.  And that's about the only "accomplishment" here.  We've seen Dr Now for about 3 minutes so far. 

There has been a remarkable lack of progress in this episode. 

• Like 6
(edited)
3 minutes ago, MagicEyes said:

I'm not gonna lie, I am intrigued with the footlong cookie and pretzel! 

I watched a review on You Tube, the cookie was said to be good, but the pretzel and churo weren't as good.  

And the rumor is the tuna sub is really chicken, but that doesn't bother me at all.  The foot long sub is really a foot long, but the bread is narrower.    If you get a lot of veggies, but skip the condiments, and cheese, Subway can be a nutritious option.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

So they live in Houston now.  And that's about the only "accomplishment" here.  We've seen Dr Now for about 3 minutes so far. 

This episode has really gone off the rails. I don't see any hope here.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

She has anxiety, another bingo card hit.

So do I but I don't weigh 651 pounds.

I keep feeling a heat on my neck and freaking out for a second before I remember I have one of those heat wrap things on, but it's been a few hours and the sticky tabs have unstuck, and also it expired like nine months ago so it didn't get as hot as it should, so I only feel it when I tilt my head back and it makes direct contact with my skin.

• LOL 2
Just now, AnnaBaptist said:

This episode has really gone off the rails. I don't see any hope here.

Is this going to be yet another episode where Dr. Now does the surgery in the last 7 or so minutes of the show? Ugh.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

It’s no surprise her birth mom backed out, and that sucks. But I’m always surprised at the emotional manipulation they employ to get relatives to drive them to Houston and often times stay to nurse them.  I wouldn’t do it. Which makes me a cold person, I suppose, but you can’t expect people to just drop their lives after you ate your way to 600lbs over many years. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I am surprised.  She actually did well.  73 pounds lost shows she made an effort.  Not full effort, and it took her long enough, but at least she tried.  Maybe meeting the granddaughter did make something click in that head of hers.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Lost 73 pounds. I'm genuinely surprised.

Oh, and I have a chocolate milkshake. Actually it's more of a milk float with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup that I stirred up with a spoon. Nothing was shaken and I didn't feel like getting the blender out.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Elizzikra said:

No frickin way

I'm surprised, too - mostly because she still seems to have difficulty getting out of the van and walking compared to people who come back to Dr Now with an almost 100 lb weight loss.

• Like 2