Type keyword(s) to search

Season Five Wish List: what we would like to see (but probably won't happen)

madhacker

Since we're now waiting for season five to start I thought we'd pass the time making suggestions on what we'd really like to see happen.  I'll go first:

- Bring Danny back!! This NEEDS to happen. They missed a huge oppurtunity to make him a part of the pack and it needs to be fixed.

- Scott's dad needs to get a clue about Scott being a werewolf. If nothing else just to see the epic freakout.

- Give Deaton more to do.

- More Scott/Styles interactions. This was a bit lacking this last half in my opinion.

Ok, does anybody else have any ideas?

• Love 1

I would like Jeff Davis to remember that Kira is a kitsune more often. This past season, I swear you could have started a drinking game based on how often Kira didn’t electrocute someone who could have been electrocuted, but then we might have died from alcohol poisoning.

• Love 1

- More continuity nods. Characters like Danny, Isaac and especially Allison were all important parts of the show in the past, act like it.

- Start killing supporting characters off instead of sending them to offscreen-ville or forgetting about them altogether. For instance, Chris Argent could have an awesome death scene, but instead got put on a bus. Would I be sad for him? Yes. Does he have any narrative functions left on the show? No.

- Please, make the storytelling less disjointed. The plot structure on this show is a mess.

- More "downtime" for the main crew. Let them breathe a bit without fighting for their lives every episode.

- Get rid of Peter. Could be a nice way to show the power of Desert Wolf. I'm pretty sure she has some bone to pick with him - it's Peter, after all.

- Find a purpose for Derek or kill him off. I like him, so the first option is preferable.

- A storyline for Kira of her own.

• Love 3

Overall, I'd like this:

1 - Focus on the kinds of relationships the show actually does well.  So back-burner most of the crappy romance stuff and spend that time developing other relationships to help anchor the newer characters into the fabric.  Friendships, parent/child, even antagonistic ones.

2 - More interaction among all of the characters.  Don't have each cluster of two or three characters functioning in isolation all season.  Season Four was terrible about that.

3 - Revisit a couple of dropped storylines and fix/clean/tie them up.  (i.e. Gerard.)

4 - Stop hitting the reset button on people's physical injuries and major emotional traumas.  People don't just run around and have sex a few hours after having been shot, or travel to Mexico with gaping wounds.  

5 - Better continuity in general.  

For specific stuff worked into S5, I'd like:

1 - A few scenes involving Natalie and Coach Finstock.  I want to know more about them, and whether they're old friends or if they met in AA or whatever.  

2 - Derek fixing something in the building.  If he's the landlord and he lives on site, show him working on the building.  Doesn't have to be ongoing - just once or twice.  I want to see him doing stuff.

3 - Make Malia fail her classes and be held back, so she ends up a junior with Liam and Mason instead of in graduating classes with the seniors. It wouldn't hurt her place in the group (Liam's in the group, after all), but it would be marginally less stupid than having her be smart enough to be a senior at this point.

4 - Reveal the Sheriff's first name.  Or Stiles' whole first name.

5 - Friendship between Derek and Parrish.  They're too old to just hang out with the teens.

6 - Stiles gets a part-time job.  He's so worried about finances and his father, so let's see him do something about it.  Maybe also have Lydia get a job.

Bring Danny back!! This NEEDS to happen. They missed a huge oppurtunity to make him a part of the pack and it needs to be fixed.
More Scott/Styles interactions. This was a bit lacking this last half in my opinion.
More "downtime" for the main crew. Let them breathe a bit without fighting for their lives every episode.
More continuity nods. Characters like Danny, Isaac and especially Allison were all important parts of the show in the past, act like it.

All of these!

Edited by ElleryAnne
  • Love 2

3 - Make Malia fail her classes and be held back, so she ends up a junior with Liam and Mason instead of in graduating classes with the seniors. It wouldn't hurt her place in the group (Liam's in the group, after all), but it would be marginally less stupid than having her be smart enough to be a senior at this point.

I agree that they should address that she's struggling, not so much to be held back but that she is taking tutoring at the school particually for math. Also I believe they are juniors and Liam and Mason are freshmen. So there is another grade in there.

Also I believe they are juniors and Liam and Mason are freshmen. So there is another grade in there.

Oh, that's right.  I was thinking Liam and Mason were sophmores.   Either way, I think Malia should be held back and be a junior next season and not a senior with Scott, Stiles and Lydia.  

I think there is a possibility Malia will be held back. I'm also anticipating that we might come back to find that Lydia has graduated a year early so they can make Lydia/Parrish happen while avoiding having a cop dating a high school girl.

1 - Focus on the kinds of relationships the show actually does well.  So back-burner most of the crappy romance stuff and spend that time developing other relationships to help anchor the newer characters into the fabric.  Friendships, parent/child, even antagonistic ones.
2 - More interaction among all of the characters.  Don't have each cluster of two or three characters functioning in isolation all season.  Season Four was terrible about that.

I agree very strongly with all of this. That said, I do think (after so much build up) they should go there with a romantic Stiles/Lydia story at some point, even if it ends with them both deciding they are better off as friends.   

I just want more Scott & Stiles, more awesome parents and more coach. I also wish the show would focus more on werewolves and less on other supernatural creatures, but I don't think I have a hope of that.

And yeah, bring back Danny. Give him an actual story. Even if he becomes were!Danny.     

• Love 1

- More continuity nods. Characters like Danny, Isaac and especially Allison were all important parts of the show in the past, act like it.

- Please, make the storytelling less disjointed. The plot structure on this show is a mess.

- More "downtime" for the main crew. Let them breathe a bit without fighting for their lives every episode.

YES! I could not agree with this more if I tried.

Also:

Do something with Scott's dad or cut him loss. Last season and this season they played up some moment with Rafe that ended up fizzling to nothing. Last season it was the big terrible, life altering secret that wasn't. Now this season they make a big point of Rafe saying he needs to have a serious talk about the strange goings on in Beacon Hills and then he disappears for the rest of the season.

Scott and Stiles are the heart of this show and I thought this was the one thing JD was smart enough to recognize, but apparently not. I could have sworn before this season JD said that we'd be getting more Scott/Stiles and more classic shenanigans with them. But other than couple of episodes, Scott and Stiles barely interacted this season.

Another key element of this show are the parent/child relationships and I think scenes between the parents and their kids, especially Melissa and Scott, were woefully lacking this season.

Stop adding useless characters that no one cares about and focusing on them instead of the main players.

Stop introducing a thousand storylines that end up amounting to less than nothing in the end.

While I like the vibe between Lydia and Parrish and welcome finding out what he is, I'd like Lydia to apply her willingness to investigate Parrish's background to her own life. We were supposed to find out more about Lydia and her banshee powers, but that was another lie. 

• Love 1

Davis actually addressed the Kira chain thing on an EW Q&A after the season finale...

I love the idea of her exploring her power further.
Davis: I love it too. Actually, there was something funny on, somebody showed me something on Twitter where it said, “Why didn’t Kira electrify the chains when she fought the berserker?” And I thought to myself, “Damn, that’s a really good idea! Why didn’t she do that?” [Laughs]

I thought she was going to in that moment!
Davis: I’m like, “Why didn’t any of us writers have that idea?” To be honest though, we constantly have these discussions where a writer will pitch something about her using electricity and I say, “Look, do we want to get to the point where she’s shooting Star Wars-force lightning out of her fingertips?” And we all agree, no we don’t want to do that. [Laughs] So, it’s a balance. I don’t want to turn her into Electro.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 1

You know, I thought that it was just one of those things where Davis handwaved it away because letting Kira go full electric would make the battles too easy; I was mostly kidding when I said that it was like Davis forgets she's a kitsune half the time. But now I see that I was giving him too much credit and that he really does seem to have forgotten. Too distracted with his new shiny toy Liam? 

My dearest season 5 wish is DEATH TO PETER. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 2

I've read a couple of Jeff interviews and he's mentioned several times that the writers didn't even think of some things that the fans thought of.  One of them being Kira's electric powers.  So, my wish for season five would simply be for the writers to allow the fans to take over the scriptwriting.  We can do a much better job.  I also wish that they wouldn't be so worried about secrecy and suspense for suspense's sake.  You can leave the audience in suspense without dumb bait and switches.  Oh, no more "evolving" characters.  Because it doesn't mean what they think it means and it's really stupid.  

• Love 2

at the very least Jeff and the writers need to look at this forum or have a writing contest (winner gets to visit the set for a week and help write the story they wrote into an actual episode)

Edited by madhacker
  • Love 1

From that article:

Because what Honest Trailers really is, and I’ll say litmus test again, is “how sound is the logic in your film? How ridiculous are the buys that you’re asking the audience to make?” So we would just comb through the script over and over again and go, “how do we shore up this logic? How do we shore up this logic?” So it was a very helpful exercise for us.

Compare that to Davis telling interviewers that he "hopes the viewers will overlook" all of the inconsistencies in what he writes.  I may have just fallen in love with Joe Russo.

• Love 1

You know, I thought that it was just one of those things where Davis handwaved it away because letting Kira go full electric would make the battles too easy;

Wouldn't a good writer scale the enemies so that even when electrified, they don't go down to easy?  That's better than hobbling Kira.  Though I think that's why Kira has been so useless in fights.  She's a thunder kitsune who's wielding a razor sharp katana.  In a way, she's too deadly for Teen Wolf.  In any other supernatural show, she would've seriously hurt/killed someone by now.

My wish for Season 5 is explained and coherent mythology and people making decisions that make sense given the situation they're in.  

• Love 2

Wouldn't a good writer scale the enemies so that even when electrified, they don't go down to easy?  That's better than hobbling Kira.  Though I think that's why Kira has been so useless in fights.  She's a thunder kitsune who's wielding a razor sharp katana.  In a way, she's too deadly for Teen Wolf.  In any other supernatural show, she would've seriously hurt/killed someone by now.

My wish for Season 5 is explained and coherent mythology and people making decisions that make sense given the situation they're in.  

I don't see how the writers could have written that that scene with Kira using the chain and not thought about her electrifying it.

Not wanting Kira "to become Electro" at least explains some of the logic behind Scott being such a shitty fighter despite being a "true" alpha.  Davis seems to want everything and not want it at the same time.

It's not as if Kira would be lugging a big-ass chain around with her to school and dates, so they could still have her situationally less effective as needed. I do agree that she shouldn't be zapping enemies with lightning bolts from afar, though.

I'm thinking they'd have been better off having enemies win against Scott via effective use of strategy and numbers, ranged weapons, etc. rather than just repeatedly having him beaten in straight up brawls against assorted creatures that should have a fraction of his strength and speed.

• Love 1
Compare that to Davis telling interviewers that he "hopes the viewers will overlook" all of the inconsistencies in what he writes.  I may have just fallen in love with Joe Russo.

The only thing I would say is that with a movie, there's more time to hash out plot holes and inconsistencies. On a TV show, the turnaround is quicker from script to screen, so you don't have that kind of time. But yes, the point is made.

The Teen Wolf writers half-ass a lot of stuff. It seems like they think, "Oh, let's do this, it sounds cool" without any real thought behind it. There's also little sense of pacing. Lydia's banshee-ness moved at a glacial pace, while Malia adapted in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it scenario. So I wish Davis would pare down the plots -- because clearly it's too much for the writers to think about more than, like, one plot at once.

Barring that, my wish is for Dylan to get a better job so I can quit this show.

• Love 2

What I'd like to see:  more scenes of school-stuff unrelated to the supernatural.  One of the things this show has done well is recognize that the characters are really still teenagers.  I also like that they have characters that are important and useful that are pure humans (Stiles, his dad, Melissa, etc).  I hope the show doesn't lose that.  One of the multitude of failings for The Vampire Diaries started when pretty much all the main characters became some sort of supernatural being.

It's not as if Kira would be lugging a big-ass chain around with her to school and dates, so they could still have her situationally less effective as needed. I do agree that she shouldn't be zapping enemies with lightning bolts from afar, though.

I'm thinking they'd have been better off having enemies win against Scott via effective use of strategy and numbers, ranged weapons, etc. rather than just repeatedly having him beaten in straight up brawls against assorted creatures that should have a fraction of his strength and speed.

Yeah, they could acknowledge her fickle power over electricity without making it a game-breaking ability.  Just have her electricfy her katana so when she hits an enemy they get a shock.  Its effectiveness could vary based on the target:  tasers a human (like the Orphans), slows down a werewolf, mildly annoys an Oni, is completely ineffectual against a Berserker, etc.  It doesn't have to be "bad guy threatens, Kira calls down a lightning strike that leaves a pile of ashes" every time.

Probably too expensive to CGI her sword though.

They could say that she's still learning control, and it takes time, effort, and concentration for her to use electricity for anything.  Hell, they actually showed that, when she stopped Scott's heart.  "She has to focus in order to use her power, and in the scene where she's swinging a chain at the berserker things were too hectic" sounds much better than "huh, we didn't even think of that".

• Love 4

That would have been a good way to go. And it would still leave her the occasional chance to use her immunity to electricity offensively if a much stronger source was at hand, like she did unintentionally against that fly-filled serial killer.

I would have been happy with a handwave of 'it takes time for a kitsune to master their powers, Kira's too young to be able to use lightning consistently.' The fighting skills is something they get as a freebie like werewolves get fangs and claws. 

Stop introducing a thousand storylines that end up amounting to less than nothing in the end.

I can't believe they are already plugging "the Desert Wolf" as a big storyline for S5. Remember when they had the big reveal of Malia being Peter's daughter in 3b and they acted as if it was going to be hugely significant in S4? And what did we actually get? Malia briefly breaks up with Stiles for lying to her about her parentage and other than that, Peter & Malia barely interact and don't seem to have much interest in each other at all. But now we are supposed to get super excited over Malia finding her mother? Because Malia's family reunions have been such riveting TV so far?   

I found the reunion with her adoptive-father and subsequent stuggles they had getting used to each other and dealing with her feral-animal traits that happened entirely off-screen to be emotionally riveting.  Hee.

But seriously, you're right, they're pimping the Desert Wolf way too much, so I'm expecting a major let-down.  They'll spend several episodes trying to find her, and it'll turn out that she's a real estate agent and part-time yoga instructor living in San Jose.

• Love 2

I'm looking forward to the Desert Wolf storyline. Based on how Braden and Peter described her, she appears to be a powerful and crafty killer. I think she'd be a good character for Teen Wolf. Someone who isn't crazy like Peter but ultimately sees nothing wrong with what she does and offers a seductive alternative view to being a werewolf than Scott's assimilation.

Knowing the writers I think galax-arena is on to something with "I AM THE DESERT WOLFFFFFFFF!”  I don't actually have even mediocre expectations for this show anymore, which is a shame because I actually thought it was building up to something good. Right now the most I can hope for is less romance and more family of choice. And please, for the love of God, stop bringing the dead back to life. I am so damn tired of that.

The only thing I would say is that with a movie, there's more time to hash out plot holes and inconsistencies. On a TV show, the turnaround is quicker from script to screen, so you don't have that kind of time. But yes, the point is made.

The Teen Wolf writers half-ass a lot of stuff. It seems like they think, "Oh, let's do this, it sounds cool" without any real thought behind it. There's also little sense of pacing. Lydia's banshee-ness moved at a glacial pace, while Malia adapted in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it scenario. So I wish Davis would pare down the plots -- because clearly it's too much for the writers to think about more than, like, one plot at once.

Barring that, my wish is for Dylan to get a better job so I can quit this show.

We'll see how The Maze Runner does from him.

Whomever the Desert Wolf turns out to be, I'm sure Scott will let her go in the end despite committing several murders.

Edited by benteen

Oh I love this thread.  I would like Kira and Scott to break up only because I sense no chemistry between them.  Kira seems to be the supernatural lite of the entire team, she's quite dull and she doesn't need to be.  As cheesey as the whole Allison/Scott = Romeo/Juliet stuff was, I just thought their relationship was more interesting.  Lydia started off as more of a mean girl.  I would like to see her bitch it up a bit.

I totally agree with the comments re: plot development.  I got seriously bored halfway through season 3 but season 4 got me excited again.  I think we will be let down by the whole Desert Wolf thing.

Do something with Scott's dad or cut him loss. Last season and this season they played up some moment with Rafe that ended up fizzling to nothing. Last season it was the big terrible, life altering secret that wasn't. Now this season they make a big point of Rafe saying he needs to have a serious talk about the strange goings on in Beacon Hills and then he disappears for the rest of the season.

OMG totally agree.  I actually thought the big secret was that Rafe was not Scott's father but that his real father was the Sheriff!!  Scott and Stiles were brothers!  Personally, I like my storyline better.  Ha.

OMG totally agree.  I actually thought the big secret was that Rafe was not Scott's father but that his real father was the Sheriff!!  Scott and Stiles were brothers!  Personally, I like my storyline better.  Ha.

That would have been awesome.

(edited)

After tonight's episode, I'd really like a bottle episode with just Stiles, Scott, and Lydia. I don't know why, but I love the originals together and it seems like Lydia has been on the outside of the boys again.

Or I'd like a big damn hero save by Derek or Issac. I really miss them both.

Edited by SnoGirl

In no particular order:

• Danny, or at the very least an explanation of what happened to Danny
  • For this Mason plotline to involve him asking, and getting answers to, any number of pertinent questions about the mythology of the various shapeshifters that no one in the show has ever bothered to ask (like "Why is Malia a werecoyote and not a werewolf?", "What even is a werecoyote?", "Why does everyone, including Kira, know nothing about kitsunes when her mother is/was a kitsune for 900 years?", "Relatedly, is her mother still a kitsune? Actual answer please", any questions that clarify the beta/omega thing and any/questions that may arise around this season's Big Bads which would normally go unanswered)
  • For the gang as a whole to morph from "Superpowered people who keep just kinda stumbling across various bad things, or investigating problems that happen to them or their immediate family" into a more Scooby Gang situation, where they use the fact that they're superhumans who know about all the potential dangers out there to proactively help people who need helping
  • A better ratio of "dead straight white men" : "dead people who don't fit at least one of those characteristics"
  • Some kind of front-burnered non-heterosexual romance, because seriously, it's been two years since Danny/Ethan, and that was at best a D-plot in any given episode
  • Love 2
(edited)

For this Mason plotline to involve him asking, and getting answers to, any number of pertinent questions about the mythology of the various shapeshifters that no one in the show has ever bothered to ask (like "Why is Malia a werecoyote and not a werewolf?", "What even is a werecoyote?", "Why does everyone, including Kira, know nothing about kitsunes when her mother is/was a kitsune for 900 years?", "Relatedly, is her mother still a kitsune? Actual answer please", any questions that clarify the beta/omega thing and any/questions that may arise around this season's Big Bads which would normally go unanswered)

This, or just questions I always wanted to know, like does he crave raw meat or something  silly like that. I feel like he could also be a great opportunity to get some answers to questions that were never asked on screen.

I was just randomly thinking a funny scene would be:

Mason and Liam are playing video games or something, when Liam gets a text from Scott to meet somewhere. And Mason is just like, "okay you go meet "dad".

Edited by blueray

I stopped watching after Allison died but I turned on the latest episode Monday night and was really irritated by all the new characters we have. There's like 3 blonde white dudes who all look the same. I have no idea what their names were, I think ones a cop and of course has to be Lydia's newest love interest. It feels like an entirely new show and that's not just because I skipped a season. I probably won't watch it again but I might if they stop bringing in so many new characters, especially if they all look the same. they bring in so many new people and then can't figure out a storyline for all of them, and then just randomly drop them. focus on Scott, Lydia, Stiles...the people who are supposed to be the main characters. show more scenes with them actually doing high school kid things. bring back Danny and Isaac. stop starting storylines or relationships and then forgetting about them. Stiles was in love with Lydia and they became close friends, they had a lot of chemistry, the writers teased about making it happen with Lydia kissing him and then they just decided to add in Malia and random blonde haired white boy and now they've forgotten about each other. Stiles being a virgin was also a big characteristic for him but then Malia came and it was never mentioned again. I guess I just wish the show would go back to what it was before they added in so many other characters, supernatural powers, and storylines.

• Love 1

I stopped watching after Allison died but I turned on the latest episode Monday night and was really irritated by all the new characters we have. There's like 3 blonde white dudes who all look the same. I have no idea what their names were, I think ones a cop and of course has to be Lydia's newest love interest. It feels like an entirely new show and that's not just because I skipped a season. I probably won't watch it again but I might if they stop bringing in so many new characters, especially if they all look the same. they bring in so many new people and then can't figure out a storyline for all of them, and then just randomly drop them. focus on Scott, Lydia, Stiles...the people who are supposed to be the main characters. show more scenes with them actually doing high school kid things. bring back Danny and Isaac. stop starting storylines or relationships and then forgetting about them. Stiles was in love with Lydia and they became close friends, they had a lot of chemistry, the writers teased about making it happen with Lydia kissing him and then they just decided to add in Malia and random blonde haired white boy and now they've forgotten about each other. Stiles being a virgin was also a big characteristic for him but then Malia came and it was never mentioned again. I guess I just wish the show would go back to what it was before they added in so many other characters, supernatural powers, and storylines.

I think the show does some things good but they do tend to quickly end story lines or forget about characters like cora...

As for "blond boys" not sure who you mean but:

Brett: was a charcter who was very minor last season to the point where I forgot who he was.

Theo: new this season, I hate him and wish wasn't there.

Liam (not really blond): but main character who I like, see last season.

Pherrish: cop who has been in previous seasons (who I also like).

Unsurprisingly, somebody who was once a virgin ceases to be a virgin once he starts dating a cute werecoyote.

I think it should be. Unsurprisingly, someone who was once a virgin ceases to be virgin once he starts dating someone that will have sex with him. 

• Love 1

I think it should be. Unsurprisingly, someone who was once a virgin ceases to be virgin once he starts dating someone that will have sex with him. 

I am fully aware of this. What I was saying was that it was a big characteristic of Stiles and then never mentioned again. Thank you for the snark though, love it

I am fully aware of this. What I was saying was that it was a big characteristic of Stiles and then never mentioned again. Thank you for the snark though, love it

"Hey Stiles, remember about that time when you were a virgin?"

- Something absolutely nobody says.

• Love 1

"Hey Stiles, remember about that time when you were a virgin?"

- Something absolutely nobody says.

Yeah but on the other hand these are teenage males who are supposed to be best friends...

You think now that Stiles has a sex life they could talk about it a little, at least more than "Malia climbs in my window sometimes and I don't know whether it's awesome or not."

For instance Stiles could ask for sex tips because Malia sometimes growls during sex and he doesn't know if he's doing it right or wrong... Or Scott could ask questions of Stiles about whether Malia ever goes feral in the bedroom. Or they could discuss chains in a non tying up boys on a full moon way. Honestly for best friends with superpowered supernatural girlfriends there should be some discussion about their love/sex lives. "I really like my werecoyote girlfriend that I hooked up with in an insane asylum basement while possessed by an evil fox spirit" or "Kira keeps stabbing me because of that one time I nearly murdered her."

Or even veiled references to it like Scott or Stiles staying out late because of their dates with their girlfriends.

Has Stiles ever been on a date with Malia ? Why aren't Stiles and Scott double dating ?

Half the time their girlfriends seem like accessories rather than actual people they are dating/having sex with. It's weird and somewhat offputting that these teenagers never seem to have a single normal conversation with each other about anything.

It feels like a lot of the humor disappeared during the Nogitsune possession and it's been sorely missed by me. MMV

Edited by wayne67

They don't seem to talk about anything anymore. Are Stiles and Malia still dating? They haven't had much interaction this season. But we can spend all this time on the boring Scott and Kira relationship with bonus clips of their past kissing scenes for some reason. 

We can go with maybe they do talk about their sex life with each other we just don't see it. 

I do agree that humors gone away this season. Even Malia's not acting like a feral Coyote that often that added some humor last season.They just cast the Desert Wolf so I'll see how that goes. 

Has Stiles ever been on a date with Malia ? Why aren't Stiles and Scott double dating ?

Because that would be something that would happen normally...

Seriously, I'm missing the scenes where they are normal teenagers doing teen stuff like going to class, lacrosse practice/games or going on a double date. I feel like when ever we get the "hang out" scenes it's always at some random club that wouldn't even be allowed in or having sex with their significant other. There are not scenes of the group just being friends.  Mainly this season I'm missing Stiles and Scott interacting. They had very little scenes together and the few that they did they are fighting :(. I feel like they are the heart of the show and need to be together like the way it used to be.

I also miss the premise of the show. To be honest I find myself struggling to watch anymore, I think the only reason I am is because I care about the characters (particularly like Scott and Stiles friendship). I wish they would go back to the point of the show, which is about a teenage werewolf and his friends. I feel like since the second half of the third season they've been so focused on the idea of losing reality, but completely lost the fun campy show I started watching. While the second part of season 3 was great, it shouldn't have defined what the rest of the show will be like. Seriously bring the focus back to Scott and his "pack" and their lives as teenagers. Not as characters in a horror movie.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 2

Because that would be something that would happen normally...

Seriously, I'm missing the scenes where they are normal teenagers doing teen stuff like going to class, lacrosse practice/games or going on a double date. I feel like when ever we get the "hang out" scenes it's always at some random club that wouldn't even be allowed in or having sex with their significant other. There are not scenes of the group just being friends.  Mainly this season I'm missing Stiles and Scott interacting. They had very little scenes together and the few that they did they are fighting :(. I feel like they are the heart of the show and need to be together like the way it used to be.

I think the closest thing we got to the teenagers just hanging out was Malia being taught how to drive which is probably the only scene where the girls got to spend some time together and the scene with Brett and Mason chatting about the supernatural. Both of those got derailed by supernatural shenanigans, Scott's panic attack and Lydia's vision.

It'd be nice if they toned down the monster of the week since the timeline is so squashed that there's been like 5 or 6 people trying to kill one of their group every other day which is ridiculous. It'd be easier to care about these characters as if they were actual people if they ever did anything resembling normal human activity any more. Watch a movie, play a video game, play lacrosse, (is that a thing any more ? ) went on a date with their significant other.

It feels like they're piling on the OMG drama/mystery without any buildup or resolution. Big Bads are bad because they have cancer or blind or have pyromania or were drowned or had their family killed in a fire.

I want to know what the Dread Doctors want. They aren't menacing, they're just strange and stupid people who move very slowly and apparently only shoot their experiments and not the supernatural punching them in the face.

They really need to cut down the contrivances and convolutedness by about 50% and up the character moments. The best part about this show has always been the quiet funny moments between the characters, Derek and Stiles, Scott and Stiles, Scott and his mom, Stiles and his dad, COACH and anyone, Papa Yukamari (sp?) and his daughter. It's getting really hard to care about them when they spend all their time apparently incompetently investigating scooby doo style and having the one class in school featuring talk about evolution and chimeras. 

Edited by wayne67
  • Love 2

I think I've decided Scott needs to go into a rage on some baddie -- maybe after they attack Mama McCall -- and it ends in a showdown with him and Stilinski. Stilinski won't be hurt, and even if he's forced to shoot Scott before he calms down, Scott won't really be hurt, but the whole ordeal will be the genesis of Melissa/Stilinski Slap, and be a thing that drives a real wedge between Stiles and Scott, rather than this "Scott will hate me because the guy who was trying to kill me died while I was trying to get away!!" nonsense.

• Love 1

I don't think it's that inappropriate, isn't Lydia 18? She was also supposed to have graduated already, she choose to stay in school to be with her friends. 

It's not like Pretty Little Liars glorifying a sexual relationship between a 16 year old and her teacher who also hooked up with a 15 year prior to that and only hooked up with her to stalk her and her friends to write a book. 

My issue with Parrish and Lydia is it made Lydia part of Parrish's story instead of getting her own story. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

I think its inappropriate because he's a cop who has to be in his early to mid 20s.  I can't imagine being a professional anything and dating someone in high school regardless of her reaching the age of 18.  Would it be weird in a year or two?  Probably not but at least for me while the show is still in high school its not something I want to watch.  

I will agree that it hasn't been as bad as PLL.  Though thats a pretty low bar.