Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: All the Rage

Xeliou66
  • Start Topic

Nice to have the show back tonight - I’m surprised no one has posted yet.

The case was rather routine, we’ve seen plenty of terrorist/attacks bomb plots, but it was solid enough, made more compelling by the loss of one of their own. I knew Hobbs was gone as soon as they said he was going undercover with Tiffany - I did wonder why they didn’t bring in another field agent to do it, but I guess Hobbs had prior experience in the field. It was sad to see him killed off, as I like everyone on this show, including the minor characters.

I guess they are setting up Hakim and the hunt for him to be an ongoing story, I don’t usually care for ongoing stories, but this show doesn’t have many of them, the last big recurring villain was the drug cartel guy back in season 3. I’m not sure how Hakim will be able to escape the city, so I guess he would have to hide out until one of his associates could try to smuggle him out. Anyway I wonder when they’ll bring this story back.

I liked how they referenced Scola being a father now a couple of times but it didn’t get in the way of the show. And I liked that we saw everyone’s reaction to Hobbs’ death, including the other analysts. The personal interactions were well done all around I thought. I liked Jubal as always, and it was nice to see Isobel do an interrogation.

I wondered how the waitress managed to get away from the restaurant so fast after Hobbs’ death to help Hakim escape?

A decent season premiere, nice to have the show back.

• Like 6

When a bus explosion kills several innocent people, the team jumps into action to take down the responsible terrorist organization. Meanwhile, Scola tries to balance fatherhood with the job.

• Like 2
(edited)

It’s great to have the show back.  This is my favorite of the 3 FBIs.  Have to admit I got a kick out of the “So Happy Together” remix ad for all 3 shows and with some gunfire and car chases in the midst of the song.

Good episode, though I’m not thrilled that it’s an ongoing “let’s catch the terrorist” storyline.  I do prefer the self-contained episodes.  But this one was OK — we’ll see how long it goes on.  

Tiff’s reaction to Hobbs’ very, very sad death was well-done.  I’m so sorry to lose Hobbs, though I’d hate to lose anyone in this great cast.

I did laugh at the banter about Scola being the least Somali-looking guy on the planet.  A funny few lines in such a serious show.  And I liked the little references to Scola’s baby — they were appropriate and fit the dynamic of this tight-knit team.

Thank you @shapeshifter for creating an episode listing.  

I was just reading Roshawn Franklin’s IMDB page because I didn’t know anything about the actor who played Hobbs.  It says it was a longtime dream of Roshawn’s to play in a Dick Wolf show.  He had read for others in the Wolf-Universe and finally got FBI.  I sure hope he gets cast in a Chicago show or one of the others.  He must have been crushed to read the script that he was going to be the one killed off.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Its almost impossible to watch, the screen is black 90% of the time.  and the woman who's husband was killed has no emotion? can the writing get any worse?

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, shrewd.buddha said:

My personal takeaway: Yearly performance reviews are evil and may lead to people getting killed. 

On the serious side I do wonder if they will play the trauma of a leader pushing her subordinate too hard which lead to his death? But then I don't watch the show enough to know if they go there.

• Like 1

Still sticking to inconsequential International Terrorist scenarios, I see. Instead of the truly important issues, like parents at school board meetings...

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I watch this show mainly to see "The Tiffany Chase Scenes."  Get hit by a van while running across the street chasing someone?  No problem.  Just jump up off the ground and keep runnin'! 🙄

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Get hit by a van while running across the street chasing someone? 

That looked like an Amazon delivery van to me. 

It felt very contrived letting the bad guy get away.  This really wasn't worth a "to be continued" story element for Tiffany.

• Like 3

As soon as he headed to the bathroom, I was like, "Oh, he's dead." I feel he was acting a bit suspicious, though. I mean, I don't know what sorts of convos guys tend to have in bathrooms. I thought it was generally get in, do your thing, get out, don't make eye contact, don't talk. Whereas girls, we might be chatty, even if a stranger.

Also, is there some rule that bomb techs can only diffuse it with 7 seconds left?

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, MarylandGirl said:

Also, is there some rule that bomb techs can only diffuse it with 7 seconds left?

The Bond, James Bond rule.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I watch this show mainly to see "The Tiffany Chase Scenes."  Get hit by a van while running across the street chasing someone?  No problem.  Just jump up off the ground and keep runnin'! 🙄

My first reaction to Tiffany shaking off being hit by the proverbial bus was: WTH?
My second thought was: Oh. This must be a product placement ad for her bullet proof vest; it's truck proof too. 

• LOL 5

I guess every analyst in the JOC is going to have a turn getting in danger at some point. It's too bad this one ended up dead, but seriously, why did he have his badge on his waist easily visible if his jacket moved the wrong way?

• Like 4
2 hours ago, MarylandGirl said:

Goldfinger.  Agent 007 disabled the bomb in the vault of Fort Knox with 007 seconds left on the clock. So it's sort of an homage to that.

(In fact, it wasn't 007 who disabled the bomb. He was trying and failing when a technician ran up in the nick of time and stopped the timer.)

• Applause 1
  • Useful 4
3 hours ago, MarylandGirl said:

I think it's an homage to James Bond. One of the earlier Bond movies had a scene where a bomb was diffused precisely at "007."

• Useful 6

The bad guy got away by exiting through the breach point?  C’mon.  All those agents there and not a single one was guarding the door or even in the hallway to prevent that exact thing from happening?

And, although it has gotten smaller, I see Jubal still wears that stupid earpiece when he’s not working.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

All three FBI's last night were sub par. The writing on all of them was terrible. Maybe the writers were a little rusty after months of being on strike? Whatever the reason, all three were terrible. I hope they can pick up the pace and deliver some better episodes or else they might start seeing viewership drop.

• Like 1
(edited)

Oh no, Hobbs!  I thought, cool, they are adding a new field agent. Then they made him fumble around and killed him off almost immediately.  He didn’t even want to follow the guy.  Whose idea was it to let him go into the field without at least a quick refresher course on how to approach a suspect?  He couldn’t have been more awkward.

1 hour ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

All three FBI's last night were sub par. The writing on all of them was terrible. Maybe the writers were a little rusty after months of being on strike? Whatever the reason, all three were terrible. I hope they can pick up the pace and deliver some better episodes or else they might start seeing viewership drop.

I’ve noticed that with every show I saw last week too.  The strike ended and they were filming right away.  The scripts needed more work.

Edited by Attatude
  • Like 3

I am kinda in the minority I like the multi arc storylines.   FBI is pretty good about not letting them get super villain long so having a terrorist group not go down on the first try works for me.   Plus it works as a season long arc for Tiffany who needs one.      

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

All three FBI's last night were sub par. The writing on all of them was terrible. Maybe the writers were a little rusty after months of being on strike?

The producers probably used ChatGPT to write the scripts during the writer's strike - and the writer's were too lazy to improve them before filming...

ChapGPT, write me a  script that incorporates Tiffany, terrorism and HR reviews - using the typical FBI tropes of foot chases, bombs and bad undercover work. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, shrewd.buddha said:

ChapGPT, write me a  script that incorporates Tiffany, terrorism and HR reviews - using the typical FBI tropes of foot chases, bombs and bad undercover work. 

Did you try typing this into ChatGPT?

Spoiler

Title: Undercover Operations

[INT. FBI HEADQUARTERS - DAY]

Agent Smith sits at his desk, flipping through paperwork while sipping coffee. Suddenly, his phone rings. He answers it briskly.

AGENT SMITH Smith here.

Tiffany, a young FBI analyst, appears at his cubicle, holding a file.

TIFFANY Agent Smith, we've got a situation. Reports of suspicious activity downtown.

Agent Smith nods, motioning for Tiffany to join him.

AGENT SMITH Let's roll.

[EXT. CITY STREETS - DAY]

Agent Smith and Tiffany arrive downtown. They scan the bustling streets, eyes alert for any signs of trouble.

TIFFANY Intel suggests a possible terrorist threat in the area. Keep your eyes peeled.

Suddenly, chaos erupts as a bomb goes off nearby. People scatter in panic. Agent Smith and Tiffany spring into action, chasing after a suspect who flees the scene.

[INT. ABANDONED WAREHOUSE - DAY]

Agent Smith and Tiffany corner the suspect in a dimly lit warehouse. Guns drawn, they cautiously approach.

AGENT SMITH Hands where we can see them!

The suspect reaches for something in his pocket. Tiffany reacts quickly, tackling him to the ground just as he triggers another explosive device.

The warehouse shakes as the bomb detonates, sending debris flying everywhere. Agent Smith and Tiffany emerge unscathed, but the suspect is nowhere to be found.

AGENT SMITH Dammit! He got away.

TIFFANY We'll track him down. But first, we need to review our HR protocols. That was too close.

[INT. FBI HEADQUARTERS - CONFERENCE ROOM - DAY]

Agent Smith and Tiffany sit across from their supervisor, discussing the events of the day.

SUPERVISOR Your actions were reckless, Agent Smith. We can't afford any more slip-ups like this.

AGENT SMITH I understand, sir. It won't happen again.

SUPERVISOR And Tiffany, your quick thinking saved lives today. But remember, protocol is there for a reason. We can't let emotions cloud our judgment.

TIFFANY Understood, sir. I'll be more vigilant in the future.

As the meeting concludes, Agent Smith and Tiffany exchange a knowing glance. Despite the dangers and the occasional misstep, they both know they're in this together, fighting the good fight against terrorism.

FADE OUT.

• LOL 7
20 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Why do I not remember Hobbs? Was he an agent at the Joc?

Same, but per IMDB, he was in 32 episodes??? I guess he was in the background for most? I also just tend to have FBI on in the background while doing other things, plus I have some level of face blindness, so...

But based on spoilers, they acted like it was some beloved member of the team. So I was worried (assuming it was between Maggie, OA, Scola, Tiffany, Jubal, or Isabel--not that I would have been too hearbroken about her!). I think OA said Hobbs was the one who gave him his nickname, but that wasn't something we saw.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 2/15/2024 at 6:01 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

Why do I not remember Hobbs? Was he an agent at the Joc?

I believe he was at the JOC. He was one of the guys who would do computer searches (social media) when they were tracking perps.

Is this him?

image.png.8dca6be59dfc8c431079072ba60531dd.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Bonus points for Hakim for leaving the bomb on the corner where the business behind it has a huge sign saying "EVERYTHING MUST GO!"

The actors must be really sweating after those foot chases because of the skin tight bulletproof vests covering up a down jacket.

• LOL 3

I enjoy this cheesy show though I've never been knocked out by the performances - Zeeko Zaki usually comes off best - but Katherine Renee Kane was quite good here. 

So Ian's up next to be endangered?

• Like 1

This show is still a hate watch for me!  I don't ever remember seeing Hobbs previously, and he acted like this was his first day on the job without any training.  I'm not into the whole season being about the pursuit of one the bad guy who got away...especially because he got away multiple times due to the agents being idiots.  I really wish the show would come up with other plotlines besides bombs.  Almost every single episode is a bomb threat.  

• Like 1

Hobbs could very easily have sidestepped any questioning by being vague with the guy in the bathroom.  "What brings you here?"  "We heard about this place, decided to try it out."  Instead, he pinned himself in the corner by stating that he was coming back to the restaurant.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Hobbs could very easily have sidestepped any questioning by being vague with the guy in the bathroom.  "What brings you here?"  "We heard about this place, decided to try it out."  Instead, he pinned himself in the corner by stating that he was coming back to the restaurant.

Heck, he could have just said that his 'girlfriend' was big into it and he'd just been dragged along. 

• Like 3
21 hours ago, juliet73 said:

I don't ever remember seeing Hobbs previously, and he acted like this was his first day on the job without any training.

Yeah. They gave a couple of throwaway lines as the set up for Hobbs' fate: 

First, in the opening scenes, Tiff was told that her review indicated she needed to take more of a lead role.

Then they said Scola couldn't go undercover because he was too white. 

Tiff [taking the lead] says she'll take Hobbs.

Then we get this bit of dialog between Tiff and (I think??) Maggie:

• But you know it's been a minute since Hobbs has been in the field, so he might be a little rusty.
  • Okay, I'll look out for him.

At which point Hobbs might as well have just put on a red shirt.

I don't remember him either, but IMDb shows Roshawn Franklin (Hobbs) was in 32 of 114 episodes, so, IDK. 

✱ It would be very meta if Roshawn Franklin had a similar review from the FBI series execs when he was told he was being written out of the series.

Tiff's not-quite-review scene sure gave me a bit of flashback PTSD to my annual work reviews.

• Like 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Yeah. They gave a couple of throwaway lines as the set up for Hobbs' fate: 

First, in the opening scenes, Tiff was told that her review indicated she needed to take more of a lead role.

Then they said Scola couldn't go undercover because he was too white. 

Tiff [taking the lead] says she'll take Hobbs.

Then we get this bit of dialog between Tiff and (I think??) Maggie:

• But you know it's been a minute since Hobbs has been in the field, so he might be a little rusty.
  • Okay, I'll look out for him.

At which point Hobbs might as well have just put on a red shirt.

I don't remember him either, but IMDb shows Roshawn Franklin (Hobbs) was in 32 of 114 episodes, so, IDK. 

✱ It would be very meta if Roshawn Franklin had a similar review from the FBI series execs when he was told he was being written out of the series.

Tiff's not-quite-review scene sure gave me a bit of flashback PTSD to my annual work reviews.

Agreed that he was totally doomed! It's like bank robbers saying they're going to do "one last job" and get out. Or a police officer where it's their last day on the force, there's a call, and they offer to take it, even though the chief says not to worry about it

Spoiler

(see: an ep of SVU--not the current season--for an example of that one).

Not sure if I have to spoiler tag other shows, just being careful!

Edited by MarylandGirl
Explaining spoiler tag
  • Like 2

Ep. 2: totally disagree that Jubal did nothing wrong about the Martinez sisters. He told their father they were dead.  They were alive for the next 8 years and the FBI did nothing to look for them.  I would be killingly furious.

12 hours ago, susannot said:

Ep. 2: totally disagree that Jubal did nothing wrong about the Martinez sisters. He told their father they were dead.  They were alive for the next 8 years and the FBI did nothing to look for them.  I would be killingly furious.

There's a new thread for this episode.

• Thanks 1

Isabel seems to have forgotten what her actual job is (unless she was demoted and I didn't hear?) since in this episode she was interviewing suspects and going out in the field. I hope she had an annual appraisal where someone pointed this out!

11 hours ago, catsitter said:

Isabel seems to have forgotten what her actual job is (unless she was demoted and I didn't hear?) since in this episode she was interviewing suspects and going out in the field. I hope she had an annual appraisal where someone pointed this out!

It's the Olivia Benson Effect.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 3/22/2024 at 7:42 PM, catsitter said:

Nah, just a good agent that got "more speaking lines" put in her contract.  😁