Type keyword(s) to search

S11:E02: The Ultimate Betrayal

• Start Topic

(edited)

OMG. This poor woman Ann can’t possibly be paid enough to have to smile and give thumbs up as the go between with Ariana and Tom passively aggressively denying the other any freedoms or enjoyment in life. Free Ann!

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 19
  • Applause 3

Seriously. Ann may turn this show into a Dateline episode before the season is over.

I have heard and read about some postpartum conditions that are heartbreaking. Which is why I cannot listen to Scheana tonight. 

• Like 8
(edited)

Well, it's obvious Ariana doesn't want to sell the house, or let Sandoval to buy her out to make his life easier as she specifically said because he broke the home (her words)...It's  all about showing him. But at the same time she complains that she has to stay in hotels, or I assume Airbnbs when her boyfriend is in LA, and it's expensive. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 8
(edited)

I’ve been thinking for a while that it seems as though Sheana wasn’t doing much of the childcare and that it was Brock doing the work.  Sheana just ordered him around, put Summer in the sandbox, put the shade umbrella on the sandbox.  Is her mother living with them?

Edited by Emmeline
  • Like 5
18 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Well, it's obvious Ariana doesn't want to sell the house, or let Sandoval to buy her out to make his life easier as she specifically said because he broke up the house (her words)...It's  all about showing him. But at the same time she complains that she has to stay in hotels, or I assume Airbnbs when her boyfriend is in LA, and it's expensive. 

He said he was broke, so how's he going to buy her out? And if what he says about her not paying any bills for 8 months is true, he should still have the money to buy her out.

Although I get she may be being petty, I also get it because their house was the nicest of the group's and they put a lot of work into it. She loves it and I understand why she doesn't want him to continue to enjoy it. It's a huge loss to leave a house you adore.

• Like 7
(edited)

Ariana's lost me with her position on the house. I fully get not wanting lose her investment but if he's willing & able to buy her out at fair market value, she should take the money & run. The emotional war is not healthy & I can't imagine living in that environment. 

Scheana's never looked better, that hair cut & color are perfection. But, the neverending need to make EVERY SINGLE THING about her & her feelings is utterly unbearable. 

Edited by snarts
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I’ve been thinking for a while that it seems as though Sheana wasn’t doing much of the childcare and that it was Brock doing the work.  Sheana just ordered him around, put Summer in the sandbox, put the shade umbrella on the sandbox.  Is her mother living with them?

Scheana is from LA, and her family is still in LA, so her mother can be in her house all the time.

And it seems that Brock mostly takes care of Summer Moon. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, politichick said:

He said he was broke, so how's he going to buy her out? And if what he says about her not paying any bills for 8 months is true, he should still have the money to buy her out.

Although I get she may be being petty, I also get it because their house was the nicest of the group's and they put a lot of work into it. She loves it and I understand why she doesn't want him to continue to enjoy it. It's a huge loss to leave a house you adore.

The value of the house appreciated a lot since they bought it in 2019. He might not have cash, but he could use his home equity, and borrow more money because he has several businesses, the show, other business offers. It would still be a lot of money to buy Ariana out.

Edited by ZettaK
(edited)

"The Ultimate Betrayal". Tom Sandoval returns to Los Angeles just in time for his birthday, however, his plans hit a snag when Ariana learns he wants to throw a party in their shared home.

Ariana and Sandoval need to grow up. Their living situation in the house reminds me of something from an old sitcom including recruiting someone to pass messages between them. Speaking of which, is Ann profoundly stupid? For that matter, why the hell does he even need a personal assistant in the first place? Naturally, Arianna is going to be petty and refuse to allow him to have a birthday party, even though it turns out she wasn't even going to there! Oh, look! It's Billie the Thirsty Famewhore trying to horn in on every scene at the party! 🙄Meanwhile, successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks celebrates(?) the closing of Pump. On the other side of the hills, DJ Muppet Baby considers dropping by Sandoval's party. What could possibly go wrong?

Edited by Gharlane
  • Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

I know the show was filmed last year not long after Scandoval but it’s been almost a year of Scandoval stuff so this episode was a bit boring to me.

I mainly feel bad for Mya the dog. Sandoval is prob a shit dog owner and Ariana seems to be away a lot.

Ariana rethinking family with her brand new bf is kind of laughable. Like breathe for a minute jeez.

I kind of feel bad for Brock. Even tho he’s lame too but it seems like Scheana’s mom is in their marriage and Scheana absolutely surrounds herself with yes men.

Tom’s party looked lame and seemed to be filled with ppl he works with or pays lol. That Jason seems to be a suck up. Like go have your party a club or something not at the house you share with your ex like why even ask that.

The Tom Ariana living situation is my nightmare lol. I’m sure Ariana is being petty but I also bet Tom is not offering her the appreciated value for the buyout.

Fuck off Billie Lee. No thanks lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

Also, the house is large, it has 4 or 5 bedrooms on top of the other space. Why doesn't Ariana put the clothes and other items she has in the main bedroom in the bedroom right next to it?

Nobody celebrates the closing of a business, but this could be Lisa Vanderpump's chance for some air time. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4

I don't  know why Ariana  doesn't  take the money and run. I would, because  life is short. Does she sleep  in her bedroom,  what a mess. If her boyfriend  visits,  and they have to stay in hotels, move on. I didn't  know Sandoval  was still in touch  with Raquel,  I did know his closest  friend  died. I never did get to pump, it's so pretty,  but showing  it's  age. I love their place in Vegas.

• Like 5
(edited)
On 2/7/2024 at 12:29 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Brock’s getting tired of Scheana.

She was on Watch What Happens Live which followed the show. She had two cameras (and crews, of course) with her. She is a moron. She didn't recognize Jill Biden, or Nikki Haley in photos, but she knew Fantasia (the singer), Gypsy Rose, and of course Travis Kelce (that was easy, and to be expected- I would even recognize him, and I don't follow football). Brock is not exactly an intellectual, but she is self absorbed, and ignorant. She made me kind of feel sorry for him.

This is boring. I'm waiting to see the ratings after a few episodes when the hype (Bravo is promoting the show since early October) wears off. There is no interest in this forum. 

As for Southern Hospitality (this waste of human effort on narcissistic losers who will become more narcissistic- if this is possible- because they are on tv), Bravo is shoving it down our throats by airing it after VR. Its ratings were probably abysmal before that. Leva Bonaparte must have some leverage with Bravo. 

On 2/7/2024 at 2:57 AM, dancingdreamer said:

I don't  know why Ariana  doesn't  take the money and run. I would, because  life is short. Does she sleep  in her bedroom,  what a mess. If her boyfriend  visits,  and they have to stay in hotels, move on. I didn't  know Sandoval  was still in touch  with Raquel,  I did know his closest  friend  died. I never did get to pump, it's so pretty,  but showing  it's  age. I love their place in Vegas.

Well, he said he was in love with Raquel/Rachel late last June, early July. That was a long time ago.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

The Ariana show is already getting old.  I don’t buy that she cares for the house that much since she keeps her room looking like a pig sty. The poor dog is stuck in the bedroom until she finishes slathering makeup on her mug while she waits till Sandoval is out of the kitchen? 
Sheana went with OCD and fear of a nanny for a story this season.  Isn’t she out and about too much for this to be true? I wonder what Brock’s cheating scandal could be called should he have one?
If enjoying James Kennedy is wrong, I don’t want to be right. He’s hilarious.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
(edited)

I just checked. The house has 5 bedrooms, and 5.5 bathrooms.

I always love looking at all the dogs, and cats.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

The house situation could go on forever because they are co-owners. Both have to agree to sell or everything stays as is. The only reasonable solution to this is to sell the house and split the profits taking into account how much each put into the downpayment when they bought.  I doubt that Sandoval has enough cash to buy Ariana out. He is probably thinking that he can get away with offering her a low figure because she is making big bucks now. When this is done he will sell it and get a cash windfall and he seems to need this.  But isn't there a second mortgage or an equity loan on the house?  Maybe the two of them should watch War of the Roses.

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 7
(edited)
10 hours ago, snarts said:

if he's willing & able to buy her out at fair market value

Yeah, that's a pretty big if, from someone who claims he's broke.

And fair market value would include consideration of the new interest rates fucking her over as well.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, Marley said:

I know the show was filmed last year not long after Scandoval but it’s been almost a year of Scandoval stuff so this episode was a bit boring to me.

This is definitely an issue with this season (also a bit with RHoBH).  There's all this news about their real lives that comes out in real time now.  Almost nobody gave a shit that Stassi or Jax or Tom or Kristen were fucking around in real time.   But NOW, when it's national entertainment news, who cares about replaying it when we followed every bit of itas it occurred?  They are kind of stuck, though.

In a weird kind of way, playing backseat producer/director, I think I would have tried harder to lean into the fact that this is going on still really soon after the event.  Like do some intermittent dating of the scenes and episodes.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 6
13 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

The house situation could go on forever because they are co-owners. Both have to agree to sell or everything stays as is. The only reasonable solution to this is to sell the house and split the profits taking into account how much each put into the downpayment when they bought.  I doubt that Sandoval has enough cash to buy Ariana out. He is probably thinking that he can get away with offering her a low figure because she is making big bucks now. When this is done he will sell it and get a cash windfall and he seems to need this.  But isn't there a second mortgage or an equity loan on the house?  Maybe the two of them should watch War of the Roses.

He doesn't need to have cash. He could use the equity of the house (there is still some), and get more loans. But by then he would have a lot of debt. I have no idea what the down-payment for the house was, but they probably put down at least 20%. 

• Like 1

Isn't there already a loan or second mortgage on the house? There may very well be little to no equity left in the house.  Ariana was saying last year that if the house were sold the loan would not decrease her share of the proceeds because it was Tom's loan. No that's not how it works.  I don't know how this problem is solved unless they come to a mutual agreement.  Because they are not married there is no divorce and no judge to order what has to be done. They are just 2 stubborn people who are not willing to sit down at a table with an attorney and agree to do the right thing.  Did Tom say that Ariana is not paying her share of the mortgage? If this is the case and he can no long pay the mortgage the house will go into foreclosure. Then they both end up with nothing. 

• Like 6
12 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I’ve been keeping up with Summer on IG since the day she was born.  From what I’ve seen, Brock does at least 80% of the childcare.  I’m not watching VPR this season, so I don’t know what Scheana said regarding Summer but IMO Scheana has dropped the ball when it comes to being a mother, especially since she was so desperate to have a child.  Personally I think Scheana is too self-centered to be a good mother.  JMHO.

• Like 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I’ve been keeping up with Summer on IG since the day she was born.  From what I’ve seen, Brock does at least 80% of the childcare.  I’m not watching VPR this season, so I don’t know what Scheana said regarding Summer but IMO Scheana has dropped the ball when it comes to being a mother, especially since she was so desperate to have a child.  Personally I think Scheana is too self-centered to be a good mother.  JMHO.

I'm not arguing because what do I know, but I am wondering how a childcare percentage can be estimated based on IG posts. Also, is it possible that Brock is simply the parent who is more available? Would he be considered to be "dropping the ball" if she were the 80%?

Sheana went with OCD and fear of a nanny for a story this season.  Isn’t she out and about too much for this to be true?

No. People do it every day. I don't have a kid, but I have to (and want to) do things that OCD tries to convince me not to do all the time. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 6

The house thing is crazy. When my husband and I divorced we put our condo on the market and it did not sell for like 18 months. We were both in other relationships and didn't have kids or pets so we created a custody schedule...holidays, weekends, etc. We knew exactly when each other would be there. We were in our late 20's and acted like adults. Tom & Ariana are 40 - grow up already!

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

So....at the time this filming was going on, were the producers trying to tempt La Rachel to come back to the show?  Hence the persuasion of Lala and James to make attempt at reconciliation?  Unless Lala did it to give her some semblance of a storyline this season - after all, let's face it the Randall ship has sailed, unless she's planning to make that custody battle some sort of ongoing plotline (and I'm pretty damn sure her lawyer has already told her to zip her lip regarding Randall - period).  Can't even think why James would want to stop by Sandoval's birthday party or why Sandoval would even think to INVITE him for that matter after the way they engaged at the Reunion.

I'm just thinking this is going to be a season fraught with producer interference.  

Also, just NO on the new Jax and Cornpone show.  

• Like 9
(edited)

Wading in here for the first time - got caught in the Scandoval wave watching Ariana on DWTS. I'm missing a decade and some context, so please fill in where you can!

I will not judge Scheana after having my son last year. The first few weeks were crippling - I was terrified to go anywhere alone with him until he was almost 3 months. The OCD and "intrusive thoughts" can be scary. They're part of almost every woman's postpartum journey, so it's hard to figure out when you should medicate. I STILL don't bathe my son alone.

Brock seems like an involved dad - that doesn't necessarily mean Scheana's a hands-off or lesser mother. Childcare and reclaiming life after baby is a balancing act that will go on forever. As wonderful as her mother is for providing live-in childcare, I'm sure it stresses the other party a bit. 

Ariana is quickly losing any sympathy I had for her. 

Sandoval never garnered sympathy and he won't start now.

James and Lala both need to stop pretending Tom cheated on them. They've co-opted Ariana's trauma in a way that makes me ill. Please, sit down and shut up.

Can someone explain how this show has lasted so long? Are you supposed to hate all of them?

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Like 7
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
34 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Ariana is quickly losing any sympathy I had for her. Pay your damn bills.

Fair, but Tom is a known liar, so who knows?

James and Lala both need to stop pretending Tom cheated on them.

OMG yes

I'm missing a decade and some context

You didn't miss much.

Can someone explain how this show has lasted so long?

At the start, they were young, hot, in L.A., and vaguely interesting.  As the show dragged on and people became actual adults - like those people who were watching the show to relive their own "glory" years - it got less and less popular and was likely about to get the plug pulled until the thing happened.  So, here we are. 

Tom's a superdouche, but honestly he's no more superdouchey than any other superdouche who cheated.  It was a weird combination of idiot behavior.  He could have cheated with anyone OTHER than Rachel and this wouldn't have been the story it was, on anyone OTHER than Ariana and it wouldn't have been the story it was.  But Ariana being sorta the smartest, nicest human in the group really meant that she got 99% of the people on her side by default, rather than the normal 75%.  It was kind of a fascinating black swan event of the modern social media age.  My take, anyhow.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

So what was the deal with Sandoval's white noise generator? Did he think it was a noise cancelation device?

1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

Also, just NO on the new Jax and Cornpone show.  

OMG, that commercial is so awkward and lame!

28 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Is the title misspelled or am I missing a pun of some kind?

I did notice until you mentioned it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I normally ignore things like that (or at least don't bother to mention them) unless I'm being paid. But I got distracted trying to figure out if it was some kind of wordplay on something in the episode.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Can someone explain how this show has lasted so long? Are you supposed to hate all of them?

Hating all of them probably wasn't the idea, but it did turn out that way.  However, I actually LIKE Allie (Ally?)  She seems to have a good head on her shoulders - I hope it lasts.  

In the beginning, in Season 1, my intense dislike was reserved for Stassi Schroeder and that human lie machine she called a boyfriend.  Wasn't all that fond of her two stooges Kristin and Katie, but Scheana was still relatively sweet and an underdog in the face of Schroeder's bullying.  The two Toms seemed to be nice guys and Schwartz wasn't much of a presence. 

Then they got a little bit of fame and as the seasons wore on EVERYBODY turned into attention whores who jockeyed around for a compelling story line, including minor players injecting themselves into shit that were hoping for a promotion to cast member and a fatter paycheck.

It got so bad that I would record the episode but come here to read the comments first before watching it.  I didn't watch ANY of Season 10 until the news of Scandoval broke.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Is the title misspelled or am I missing a pun of some kind?

Just posting without my glasses over here, no secret meaning. 😆 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
18 hours ago, Marley said:

Same. It's hard to comment on the episode content when so much has happened since it was filmed and social media if full of more recent news. My comments earlier in the thread on the house situation took into account things that have happened more recently, like Tom's publicized offer amount on the house. My bad.

Scheana's OCD seems like a chosen storyline to me. Summer's nearly 3 so this is either the 2nd or 3rd season since her birth. Scheana seemingly had no issue traveling without her to WWHL multiple times. IMHO, she will do or say anything for attention. 

James commentary on the birthday party attendees was the highlight of the episode for me. As was watching famewhore Billie Lee chase the cameraman around!

• Like 8
51 minutes ago, snarts said:

James commentary on the birthday party attendees was the highlight of the episode for me. As was watching famewhore Billie Lee chase the cameraman around!

And it did not go unnoticed by me that when Tom started with the "back in the day" about Kristin, James simply got up, brushed his pants and said "I'm not going back 10 years with you, Mate" and walked out the door.  Not like the James of old, who would have done it all with quite the dramatic flourish complete with loud name calling and yelling. 

Watching Tom's party populated by every famewhore that's been trying to get five mintues of airtime on this show was hysterical.  They even resurrected Billie Lee.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

What was going on with the back of Arianna’s hair? Were those clips?

I was staring at that, too. I think she put something on her hair, while it was drying, and then forgot to remove it? The producers don’t seem to like her that much anymore, if they didn’t point it out to her.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That’s a satisfying slap in the face. “I just didn’t want kids with Sandoval. Gross.”

This just confirms my opinion that Ariana talks out of her ass and is full of crap most of the time.

"I'm so ashamed of my ugly vagina . . . but I think I'll take all my friends and a camera crew to watch me get my pubes lasered off!"

"I understand my straight white privilege . . . and bisexuality is my entire identity!"

"I hate my body and cover any exposed part with body makeup . . . except when I'm twerking in a thong at pool parties!"

"I've never wanted kids because I can't stand the thought of labor and having all that goop fall out of me . . . unless it would teach my old boyfriend a lesson, then I'll have one!"

23 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Nobody celebrates the closing of a business, but this could be Lisa Vanderpump's chance for some air time. 

With everyone standing around yelling, "We love you Lisa!"  You know it baby!! 😂

ETA:  that dude talking to James when James was waiting for Tom - he was yammering something about "Katie and the friend group" but didn't seem to actually be saying anything!  Was he just told by production to stand there and pretend he was talking to James?  It was weird.  And I'll tell you what I'm NOT here for is a bunch of sober parties filled with strangers and Billie Lee!

Edited by princelina
  • Like 7
  • LOL 7