Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E16: Rocky Retreat

• Start Topic

The final honeymoon is over, and the newlyweds return to Denver to face a mountain of new challenges. Outside the city, the others gather for a relaxing retreat, and while some have high hopes of deepening their bond, others are on an outright collision course.

Air date 2/7/2024

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 3

We gave up with this bunch around episode 12, we had 3 recorded but just decided to delete them & any future recordings as the people had no spark at all, good or bad, and we just lost any lingering interest we may have had. 

Will have a look at the new batch but I won't hold my breath that they will be any better as it has gone downhill with each new group just doing it for the gram.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Tonight's Afterparty will feature Lauren, Brennan, and Austin to discuss the wonderful couples' retreat. I have zero interest in anything Lauren, and I only set it to record in case something interesting shows up. I am not counting on it, though.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Here goes nothing as usual lately.  Put a fork in it.  Why Lauren again?  Didn’t they break up?  Why is she back?   Brennon is so disgusted he can’t even look at his wife.  Austin doesn’t care for his either.  The new one .. So tired of her face already.  Big mess.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

Is that scotch in the lowball glasses? Because that is a metric fuckton of scotch...

I can take or leave Lauren but I am sick of Orion. I just want him to go away already. 

I don't really like Brennan or Emily but I think it's hilarious that Brennan thinks he and Emily are "on the same page." Only if that page is "we can't stand each other."

I can't help it. I feel badly for Austin and Becca. I thought they had potential but I don't think so any longer. I think that Austin is just plain not physically attracted to Becca and I think he feels badly about it. I don't really understand why he took all the bedding with him to the other bedroom though. What was Becca supposed to use? I'm sure all the beds had their own linens. I know he was drunk but that was really nonsensical.

• Like 12
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Chloe, google “How to Put a Duvet Cover On.” You’ll find out that climbing into isn’t a preferred method.

I want all of Michael's coats. That pink puffer is amazing.

Chloe, if the skirts bother you, pretend Michael is Scottish and call them kilts. Michael was so sweetly earnest when he was bringing her coffee in bed, he kind of melted my heart a little. My husband brings me coffee in bed and its adorable.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

So I guess the ATV place isn’t going to be flashing its name on the screen?

I think they did though!

That is a bad head wound. I'm glad that we have seen her on After Party and know she is ok. Did we actually see what happened? Did she just hit a big bump and the thing tipped over?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

I think they did though!

That is a bad head wound. I'm glad that we have seen her on After Party and know she is ok. Did we actually see what happened? Did she just hit a big bump and the thing tipped over?

I missed the last 15 minutes, so what happened?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I missed the last 15 minutes, so what happened?

Brennan and Emily went four-wheeling and somehow Emily's ATV flipped over. Her head was bloody and they took her out in an ambulance. She was conscious but saying that she thought it was "bad" and was asking if she would be ok. That's all we know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Brennan and Emily went four-wheeling and somehow Emily's ATV flipped over. Her head was bloody and they took her out in an ambulance. She was conscious but saying that she thought it was "bad" and was asking if she would be ok. That's all we know.

Ok, thanks.  Wow, I hope she's ok.

• Like 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Shrek said:

We gave up with this bunch around episode 12, we had 3 recorded but just decided to delete them & any future recordings as the people had no spark at all, good or bad, and we just lost any lingering interest we may have had. 

Will have a look at the new batch but I won't hold my breath that they will be any better as it has gone downhill with each new group just doing it for the gram.

Totally agree,  this show has gone from B A D to the WorSe - there's no hope here!  It's a bad joke now 😕

1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm so sick of Chloe's sometimes fake smiley face.

The.....oops, SHE looks kind of old (and odd) for this show, how old is she?

Edited by endure
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, endure said:

Totally agree,  this show has gone from B A D to the WorSe - there's no hope here!  It's a bad joke now 😕

The looks kind of old (and odd) for this show, how old is she?

She's 39 and I think Michael is about the same. I remember when I thought 39 was old... :)

• LOL 10

Michael might be a nice gut but not too many women go for a guy who's that fashion conscious, hair scrunching, pearl touching and other jewelry wearing and a decor snob.  I thought earlier Chloe was going to overwhelm him, but I think he might just overwhelm her!  I think this whole group are 'the unmatchables' lol.

3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Watching AfterParty and it is so clear to me that Michael and Lauren should have been matched. I think they would be very successful together...

I said that a few weeks ago but not so sure anymore.

• Like 6
(edited)

Well! The best part was the very end! The suspense! "What is Emily's condition?" "Will Brennan suddenly realize that he can't  live without Emily?" "Conversely, will Emily put paid both to these dangerous outdoor activities and also to Brennan?" "Was there ever redder blood than Emily's?!" 

Aside from that, I need no more of:

---Orion. Go away, gaslighter, and lie in the bed you made.

---Anyone in a sauna. Was this supposed to bring Becca and Austin closer? 

---Chloe and/or Pastor Cal stressing Michael's "feminine side."** A penny, though, for Chloe's real thoughts, because it seemed to me some doubts are creeping in. 

---You're not fooling anyone, Clare. You miss Cameron.

**Props to KKP for "going there" in asking Michael about his sexuality. I'm  undecided on his haircut, though! 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2

Not being unkind but after seeing Becca in a swimsuit I'm wondering if Austin might not be into her physically.  She may not be his type at all and he can't get past it.  Not saying I support that because every week I like him less and I think he's leading her on. 

A few times in this episode I had a "click" moment where I felt that there was an inside reference to support my theory about Michael and Chloe already knowing each other before the show.  I know some might think I'm reading into it but when Pastor Cal said "you're definitely not strangers" and they looked at each other and agreed, I said, "Aha!"  I also felt like Michael deliberately brought up borrowing Chloe's earrings to get a reaction out of her.  Did the show put him up to that?  And it doesn't look like she's that thrilled about it to be honest.  But then seeing him on the Afterparty with short hair and toned down clothing I'm wondering how much he played up that "feminine side" for the show just to make for some kind of "issue" between them.  He may have dressed that way when he was younger in L.A. but not currently and did so just because production asked him to do it to make it look like he was a little more out there than he really is.

I would normally want to give props to the way Brennan was by Emily's side and comforting her/holding her hand after her accident, but everything he does looks so ingenuine and done only for appearance's sake.

Speaking of that accident, my husband once fell off a bicycle and got a similar gash over his eye on the side.  And that's in spite of wearing a helmet, just like Emily was.  It was the so-called "safety" sunglasses that did it.

Lauren on the Afterparty complaining about being tired about doing nothing but talking about her relationship - I hear you, sister, we're all tired of it too!  She acts like she's still doing these episodes with a gun to her head (AKA the contract).  

It looks like Cameron found the perfect "out" from appearing on the show without any penalties.  I'm wondering if his "sudden" heart condition was something he already knew about and figured he'd address when he was finished filming the show, but when he needed a convenient out from filming he decided to make it more urgent than it really was.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

Just in case anyone else is like me and wanted to know which Broncos player owned that house (since clearly they were all instructed not to name him for whatever reason), I did some Googling and it was at one time Von Miller's house, but he sold it at the end of 2022.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 4

I didn’t watch the After Party yet but, I’m having doubts about Emily’s crash. Could it possibly have been staged?  After so many weeks of nothing .. maybe the show needed something?

• Like 1

I think it's been said before here, but Becca really needs to give it a rest about the lack of sex. #1: It's giving desperation which is a huge turn off. #2: If the situation were reversed, we would all be giving Austin crap about pressuring her. #3: I think Austin is actually being a nice guy by not having sex with her when he's, most likely, not that into her. Remember poor Paige & whatshisface from Atlanta? Oy!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Not being unkind but after seeing Becca in a swimsuit I'm wondering if Austin might not be into her physically.  She may not be his type at all and he can't get past it.  Not saying I support that because every week I like him less and I think he's le

Not to be unkind either, but if that was me, I’d wear a one piece black swimsuit, and cover those puppies up a little more.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
3 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

I think it's been said before here, but Becca really needs to give it a rest about the lack of sex. #1: It's giving desperation which is a huge turn off. #2: If the situation were reversed, we would all be giving Austin crap about pressuring her. #3: I think Austin is actually being a nice guy by not having sex with her when he's, most likely, not that into her. Remember poor Paige & whatshisface from Atlanta? Oy!

It’s so obvious.  He’s not that into her.  In his own way, he’s being pretty nice about it.  They are better off as friends.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
13 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I didn’t watch the After Party yet but, I’m having doubts about Emily’s crash. Could it possibly have been staged?  After so many weeks of nothing .. maybe the show needed something?

No... I don't think it was staged. On the regular show, there was blood everywhere! And a preview of her in hospital with dried blood in her hair. On the After Party, Lauren cried rewatching the footage of the accident.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

You're right and I've said before that Becca should back off because nothing makes someone run the other way more than acting desperate in a relationship.  But I blame the "experts" for this - they encourage regurgitating these things over and over again as if that's going to solve it when it only makes the situation worse.  The experts should be telling her in private to back off and let him come to her but they're shills for the show so they only want to make them talk again and again about all their issues ad nauseum just to fill up air time without impacting the show's budget.  Was it Brennan or Austin that said on one of the Afterparties that all the constant talking about their relationships only makes them worse?  I've been saying that for years now with this show.  It's exasperating.

5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Not to be unkind either, but if that was me, I’d wear a one piece black swimsuit, and cover those puppies up a little more.

I know a nice little black Miraclesuit that would make her look great.  And those puppies would be "locked and loaded" to borrow a phrase from Stacy and Clinton from WNTW!

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I don't watch the Afterparty but I have some doubts about the accident also.

I would think the paramedics would have told the camera crews to stay out of their way.

We see Brennan's car directly behind the ambulance. The ambulance has the right to speed, Breenan does not.

So he has time to get back to his car from where the ATV accident happened  and still be right behind the ambulance??

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4

To me, it looked like Emily was going to try to pass Brennan on the ATVs as she started to veer to the side before we saw the result of the accident.  She may have gone off the trail a bit and the ATV was off balance.

I am impressed with Brennan's quick and appropriate response.  He may actually be a caring individual who just can't stand the person with whom he was matched and therefore comes off horribly on the show.

Okay, here is my conspiracy thought: is Emily getting a fairly good edit because of the accident and the producers are really trying to keep her happy?  I know they all sign contracts and accept liability for their actions, but that doesn't mean that someone wouldn't win a lawsuit anyway.

Oh, and I am just so very, very tired of all of the talking in circles and word salads that we get from the participants.  Enough!  This may be the worst season in the history of the show.  Of course they had to make the 'singles' attend the 'couples' retreat.'  Otherwise they wouldn't have enough episodes for the season...

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2

Having a bunch of people go on a marriage retreat but staying in separate rooms says it all. I thought Michael and Chloe might be a match, but I don’t think she is into him and I think he may be more interested in being on TV than getting married. I do think Emily‘s accident is real but I worry that her constant injuries may be related to a drinking problem. 
Michael has a right to express himself however he wants but I know I wouldn’t be attracted to someone who wanted to share my clothes and jewelry. I also think his need to have the biggest closet and take 6 suitcases on the honeymoon shows a level of self involvement I don’t find attractive. I think something weird is going on with Austin and Becca and they don’t want to address it. He even evades all questions in the after party show and he seems like a pretty outgoing guy. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I am impressed with Brennan's quick and appropriate response.  He may actually be a caring individual who just can't stand the person with whom he was matched and therefore comes off horribly on the show.

I’d like to think that most people could rise to the occasion in a situation like that. I don’t think it indicates that Brennan has any special care or concern for Emily; just that he is a basic person who isn’t a sociopath and has a baseline level of concern for someone gushing blood out of her head. Plus Brennan is always aware of how he appears on camera.

i believe the accident was real and pretty serious. I think the ambulance was in the same parking lot as Brennan’s car and the paramedics came into the trail on ATVs. They transported Emily back to the lot and loaded her Into the ambulance. Brennan followed from there.

• Like 9
15 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Michael was so sweetly earnest when he was bringing her coffee in bed,

That was so sweet!!! But him repeatedly saying, "it might be garbage," is so bad!!!! WHAT WAS HE THINKING SAYING THAT?!?!!! 🤨Like. Thanks! Can't wait to consume this "garbage"! 😅 Guess they're both thoughtless with their words. 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 5

Idk why Lauren would get her hopes up. Perhaps Orion's definition of "friends" is being cordial on camera. She can't assign her own meaning, ASK HIM!!! 🤷‍♀️ WTF was Orion's saying: they aren't at the same level as the others?!! AT DIVORCE LEVEL?!! 🤨 Proud of where they're at? BEING CORDIALLY DIVORCED?! Turn the page & open a different narrative? I really have no idea what he means!!! No one bothered to ask??? WTF DOES HE MEAN?!!! A couples' retreat with divorced people?!! They're that desperate for more content?!! 🙄

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Okay. I SCREAMED when Michael put on that pearl necklace!!!! How does he not know how to position it?!! The clasp goes in the middle of your neck! Her expressions during her commentary said a lot more than her words. She looked weirded out. I'd be weirded out! She didn't directly answer PC about that & PC generalized "feminine." Chloe made a great, mature point about her norm not working. Everyone should understand that & have that outlook. And then PC gave them permission to do it. So unnecessary. 🙄 I'm not really seeing that side of them, they do need to express that desire. Chloe was funny, talking about if her husband didn't want her, she'd be out & PC laughingly agreed, yet has others stick it out. 😳 She definitely made me cringe when she was talking about not being able to decompress alone & did those weird smiles. 😬 Like. No one said she couldn't do that! TALK ABOUT IT TO YOUR HUSBAND! Quit the dramatics & self-pity/victimhood & assert your needs! The suffer in silence thing ain't it! 🙄😒

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Michael was so sweetly earnest when he was bringing her coffee in bed, he kind of melted my heart a little. My husband brings me coffee in bed and its adorable.

Those little gestures really do it for me (one of my love languages is acts of service). I thought it was really sweet

4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I know they all sign contracts and accept liability for their actions, but that doesn't mean that someone wouldn't win a lawsuit anyway.

I think that IS what it means. The ATV place may have had them sign waivers too. 

10 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Agree. I would have long since stopped asking. Once or twice I’d try to initiate, and after that, he knows where to find me if/when he’s ready. I’m not begging anyone to have sex with me, unless begging is part of the sex. 😉 It’s got to be so painful to keep getting rejected, and I wouldn’t set myself up for that.

Clare said she didn’t take Cameron’s silence personally and like … maybe she should? I’ve been assuming they’re done. I don’t know if the plan is to reconcile, but Cameron doesn’t seem interested.

Michael and Chloe are the only people acting like a couple on the couples retreat. Ain’t that some shit? And Lauren and Orion don’t need to be there.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
14 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I think that IS what it means. The ATV place may have had them sign waivers too. 

I also think waivers were signed when Michael and Chloe did that mountain climbing shit.  (I cringed watching it.)

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm so sick of Chloe's sometimes fake smiley face.

Yes after every statement she does the fake smile and a lot of the time nods her head as well..?

What are you doing lady? Are you nodding to try to convince yourself this is gonna work? 😂

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

I was confused by what happened after Becca and Austin retired to their bedroom. They appeared to be snuggling and then all of a sudden Austin bolted out of bed and heads into ANOTHER bedroom? Apparently, a larger bedroom? I missed whatever dialog was said. 

And how many bedrooms DID that home have? What with even the MARRIEDS opting NOT to share a bedroom, I'm surprised that there were enough. This is such a sorry, sorry season. And no, Orion, Lauren and Claire should NOT have been there. 

I'm normally not one for conspiracy theories, but it seems as if I'm the only person here who thought that that 'accident' was faked. My reasoning for that was because Emily's head/facial injury did not look real. The 'blood' did not look real to me at all. It was this bright red color and that's NOT how blood looks on one's face. My son was thrown off the back of a snowmobile when he was 5 and got a cut above his eyebrow. Facial wounds bleed a lot, even if they're not that severe.  I don't remember his bloodied face looking so bright red. 

I mean, I'm sure that I'm wrong and she did sustain an injury, but I just can't get over how fake that blood looked to me. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, ECM1231 said:

I was confused by what happened after Becca and Austin retired to their bedroom. They appeared to be snuggling and then all of a sudden Austin bolted out of bed and heads into ANOTHER bedroom? Apparently, a larger bedroom? I missed whatever dialog was said. 

And how many bedrooms DID that home have? What with even the MARRIEDS opting NOT to share a bedroom, I'm surprised that there were enough. This is such a sorry, sorry season. And no, Orion, Lauren and Claire should NOT have been there. 

I'm normally not one for conspiracy theories, but it seems as if I'm the only person here who thought that that 'accident' was faked. My reasoning for that was because Emily's head/facial injury did not look real. The 'blood' did not look real to me at all. It was this bright red color and that's NOT how blood looks on one's face. My son was thrown off the back of a snowmobile when he was 5 and got a cut above his eyebrow. Facial wounds bleed a lot, even if they're not that severe.  I don't remember his bloodied face looking so bright red. 

I mean, I'm sure that I'm wrong and she did sustain an injury, but I just can't get over how fake that blood looked to me. 

Thank you.  I said the same thing up thread.  There was too much blood for a head injury, and the color was too red, and all over, even on her pants.  I think Production is reaching.  Last straw so to speak.

• Applause 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

I would have loved to see Clare's reaction to Michael's clothes if she had been matched with him. Remember she was all judgmental of Cameron's swim shorts!

And Clare does not dress well unless she’s dressed up - her casual clothes are odd and don’t flatter her. I haven’t forgotten those huge jean shorts and macramé shirt. She tends to wear big boxy things, which don’t work well on her short frame.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Thank you.  I said the same thing up thread.  There was too much blood for a head injury, and the color was too red, and all over, even on her pants.  I think Production is reaching.  Last straw so to speak.

Head wounds bleed a lot. Agree to disagree; I thought the injury was real and looked it.

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

And Clare does not dress well unless she’s dressed up - her casual clothes are odd and don’t flatter her. I haven’t forgotten those huge jean shorts and macramé shirt. She tends to wear big boxy things, which don’t work well on her short frame.

I hated the jeans she had on when she first arrived at the house - the ones that were like ten different washes?

3 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Yes - they were the first to arrive and looked at both bedrooms, choosing the smaller but “more secluded” room. They cuddled there for an hour, then Austin just randomly decided to go sleep in the big room, telling Becca she could come with him “if she wanted” and for some reason taking the bedding with him? He was drunk but it was bizarre.

No idea how many rooms that house had but it was ginormous. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Watching AfterParty and it is so clear to me that Michael and Lauren should have been matched. I think they would be very successful together...

I agree with you. Especially when Lauren said that she thought Michael’s style was great and wasn’t out of the ordinary at all for the type of guys she dates. And they’re both very kind and thoughtful with their words. If it doesn’t work out with Chloe, it would be great to hear that they would maybe give it a shot.

Chloe is trying very hard to say she accepts this “fashion diva” side of Michael because I think she genuinely likes everything else about him. But the cracking smile and the quivering cheeks and dead eyes tell us all we need to know. She’s almost at Emily levels of the face telling all. This woman is not signing on for sharing a wardrobe and accessories with her husband. He’s even making her wear his stuff while he takes hers. But other than that she really seems to appreciate his heart, so I guess we’ll see whether this is really something she can learn to deal with. I am so confused about this show timing though. Is it also “15 days until decision day” (minus however many days this episode covered) for them, too, or do they get more time? I mean every time we saw them they were “waking up” again, so I’m really afraid their days are slipping away! That’s not enough time to decide to stay together.

But back to Michael’s style. I spent the whole after party staring at that yellow post-it with a black square on it that was on his shirt. Anyone else in would think production is just covering up a designer name/logo —but why not just put black tape on his black shirt? Then again, Michael would insist on jazzing it up. Or maybe with him it was actually a very expensive, eclectic brooch. I think that’s my final guess.

3 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Austin explained in the after show that once he realized he was in some very big sportsball man’s house, he wanted to take the opportunity to sleep in his bed!! But he was really drunk, so he was all stumbling around and I guess didn’t do a good job of explaining to Becca why he was going or even that he wanted her to go with him.

That accident was really scary! I actually felt a little choked up when Emily was saying, “Am I ok? Am I going to be okay?” It felt like she wasn’t sure whether she was dying. That was so much blood! And, yes, the color looked strange—but I’ve never seen this much REAL BLOOD. It’s the fake blood we’re used to seeing in movies is what’s skewing what a traumatic “crime scene” or “horror movie” levels of blood would look like. I’m glad we have seen her on the after party, and know she’s okay, other than the brace on her arm, which I’m not sure is from this accident, but I’m assuming it is. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1