Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: Man of Your Dreams

• Start Topic

“Man of Your Dreams” – Sam learns that one of the ghosts’ powers is to enter the dreams of the livings and influence their decisions. Also, two of the ghosts think they’ve learned the secret to moving on.  Feb 22

WRITTEN BY: Joe Port and Joe Wiseman

DIRECTED BY: Jay Karas

image.jpeg.5425d281553c84c4accf9ed6bb33b772.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
3 hours ago, DanaK said:

So is the power to enter the dreams of the living Sass’ power as it seems to be teased? Can’t wait to find out

It would be hilarious if it were Pete's power and he either never thought to use it or never realized he had it because he's just too polite to intrude on living people's dreams that way :p.

But yeah, this definitely seems like a Sasappis thing, and I love that as a possiible ghost power for him and I can't wait to see how the show makes that concept work. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Annber03 said:

But yeah, this definitely seems like a Sasappis thing, and I love that as a possiible ghost power for him and I can't wait to see how the show makes that concept work. 

Sass seems to be the most intuitive of the ghosts, and we've seen that he sometimes manipulates situations to create drama, so it makes total sense for him to be able to do this.  Getting into people's heads is a pretty serious power, though, especially compared with those of the others, so I hope the writers impose some sort of limitation.  Otherwise Sass (if it's him) has the potential for being a sort of ghostly Svengali and becoming too powerful. 

• Like 5

I'd also like to see if that power has some connection to the other ghosts as well, 'cause it seems like Sasappis has been present for virtually every other ghost's death thus far (save, of course, for Thor's)*, and kept a lot of secrets regarding their respective passings over the years (Beatrice coming to see Isaac on his deathbed, the fact that Trevor's "bros" decided to dump his body in the lake). Maybe he was able to get a glimpse into their heads shortly before they each met their untimely end or something? 

*It'd also be neat if this power had some kind of effect on other ghosts as well, 'cause it would help explain why he reacted as he did to the reveal of Thor's night terrors in "Thorapy". Like maybe he already knew what they were about, and yet chose not to tell the others, knowing that was Thor's story to share. 

• Like 3

I think it makes the most sense for this "power" to belong to Sass, but it will be interesting to see how they explain why we're only finding out about it now. 

I love the idea of it being Pete's power, but he's too polite to use it.

Personally, I think it would be hilarious if Jay all of a sudden starts buying a lot of cod...

• Like 2

That was a trippy episode :p. I liked Pete being the moral voice of reason, 'cause'of course he would be. Jay's dreams were entertaining, and I liked the way Sasappis apologized to him :). It was touching to see that Jay was genuinely hurt by the idea of any of the ghosts just using him for their own gain (and yeah, the violation of space/trust is a pretty big deal, too). Thank goodness they were able to work that out. I hope we get to see Sasappis use his power for something signficant and special going forward at some point, that'd be neat. 

Hetty and Alberta trying to hit on Thor was etertaining, and I like how that tied into the whole theme of using people for your own personal gain and trying to manipulate some kind of power they had (or in Thor's case, Hetty and Alberta were led to believe Thor might have). I like how they resolved that issue, too, though I would've liked to learn more specific details about Thor's past lovers! The fact he made mention of being with someone among a group of drunk strangers at an orgy, though...ah, yet another thing he and Flower have in common!

I like that Isaac apparently has specific days he follows and observes people :p. 

• Like 17
(edited)

So now Jay and Sass can hang out as long as Jay is asleep. I'm kind of glad that Sass can tell Jay if Sam ever lies again. She often makes Jay think the ghosts don't like him or disagree with him when it's the opposite. Jay is right that he does so much for them and he doesn't know if they appreciate it or if anyone except Pete even like him.

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Like 17
(edited)

I liked Isaac's reaction to hearing about Sass' ghost power.  Something along the lines of comparing Sass' cool power to his lame one of only being able to fart.

Anyone have the exact quote?

And kind of nice that Jay has a second way outside of Trevor notes written on steam condensing on mirrors.  Doesn't tilt the scale too off kilter because too much communication would ruin the show,  But just enough.  And nice Jay knows what Sass looks like as well.

But Jay, Sass was right.  Get the pizza oven.  Pizza is awesome!

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 14

It makes total sense for Sasappis to be the one with the power to enter dreams given how important storytelling is to him. I don’t blame Jay for being upset though, since he does do a lot to help the ghosts and he got manipulated and lied to. I’m glad Sass apologized and that he and Jay can be friends. Now Jay knows what another ghost looks like, which is nice. Pete is going to get so jealous though, that Sass can talk to Jay and he can’t.

Jay’s dreams were great, too. I love that Jay had a Star Trek dream. I read an article that said Utkarsh Ambudkar is a Trekkie, so that scene was fun for him to film.

Poor Thor, getting used by Hettie and Alberta just so they can get sucked off. I did have to laugh at Nancy saying she’d climb him like a tree. 

I was hoping they’d use the Halloween episode to do a seance to bring Flower back, so I’m glad they’re going to try. If they succeed, I’m sure Flower will want to stay. Molly the maid had no reason to stay, but Flower definitely does, and unlike a lot of the other ghosts, she never seemed to care about getting sucked off. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Huh, I have not realized until now that Thor always wears that shield on his back. Like a turtle of sorts. I know I’ve seen him wear it before, but I could have sworn that I have seen his back without the shield too. But it can’t be right, ghosts can’t get separated from the objects in their possession.

17 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I would've liked to learn more specific details about Thor's past lovers!

I think I’m good.  Isaac’s “you wouldn’t believe what a cattle stampede can do to a human body” is enough details about Flat Maria for me.

Sass was a total evil genius for a minute, suggesting to Sam in so many words how she might be able to use his power. And then he goes into Jay’s dream and just folds at the slightest challenge! “If you are not Sass, how do you know his full name?”  Man, the solution is so simple - “Jay, this is all your dream! It’s all in your head, dude.”

But I’m glad he is not an evil genius after all and can have real conversations with Jay now.

• Like 17
58 minutes ago, Skooma said:

And kind of nice that Jay has a second way outside of Trevor notes written on steam condensing on mirrors.  Doesn't tilt the scale too off kilter because too much communication would ruin the show,  But just enough.  And nice Jay knows what Sass looks like as well.

Trevor can also send emails, apparently.  Not easily, as I remember, but they could have worked out a system on the computer.

• Like 7

In a way, this was a darker episode, with Hetty and Alberta trying to manipulate Thor for their selfish purposes, and Sass (and Sam) doing the same thing with Jay. These ghosts were not at their nicest tonight, except for Pete.  I thought "aww" when he referred to "my Jay."

I love the idea that Jay's actually seen one of the ghosts, and that there's a potential for communication between them.  I still hope someday he'll see Pete, though.

I was glad the writers had Jay speak up for himself and allowed him to have some dignity instead of just being the butt of jokes--everything he said was on point, and it was good that the ghosts realized that even good ol' Jay has lines they shouldn't cross.  I've always said they're lucky to have him and maybe now they'll remember that.  Of course, Sam also needs to start treating him better; I really didn't like her much in this episode.  She's also lucky to have Jay!  Another guy might have gone for a long period without speaking to her, but he was willing to forgive and forget (well, maybe not forget).

Interesting that we now know Thor and Sass were the only ghosts for a long time, and that Thor's two previous girlfriends got sucked off before Hetty died.  It would be great to see some flashbacks occasionally with some of the ghosts who've come and gone.  Flat Maria, though--this is probably the only show that could make me laugh at the idea of someone being stampeded by a herd of cattle.

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Skooma said:

And nice Jay knows what Sass looks like as well.

That was a nice moment.  Sass looked pretty good as a referee too!

1 hour ago, Skooma said:

Pete explains Sass's power and Isaac says:  "Seriously.  And I get the fart thing."

Edited by Chit Chat
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • LOL 5

This was sweet. We've all wanted Jay to be able to see at least one of the ghosts and now he's actually seen and interacted with one of them. Of course, he's seen Trevor's picture, so he knows what he looks like too. And he's heard Hetty's voice when she possessed him. Plus he's talked to Thor when Thor possessed Sam. And he can hear Alberta humming. Baby steps. 

The dream sequences were brilliant, especially the Star Trek one. This was a really good episode for both Sass and Jay. I really felt for Jay when he realized he'd been tricked after all he's done for the ghosts and saying Sass had ruined the potential to be actual friends with him. I'm glad they made up. Love the ending with Jay's school teacher asking where his homework was. We've all been there!

I want to see Flat Maria! And Louella! I really hope they do some flashbacks someday. On the UK show, Mary once had a friend that got sucked off centuries ago but we saw her in a couple of flashbacks. I'd really like to see some of the ghosts that are no longer around. Hetty said she'd seen it happen "maybe once" so there was someone else around we've never met since her death. 

And Jay was right about the TV. You want it at eye level when you are sitting or you would strain your neck. It would have been especially high up over that huge fireplace.

• Like 13

I have a hard time getting over it when people lie and try to manipulate me, so I thought the reconciliariton between Jay and Sass was a bit too easy. But I am glad that they can be friends, so I'm trying to get over it.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I have a hard time getting over it when people lie and try to manipulate me, so I thought the reconciliariton between Jay and Sass was a bit too easy. But I am glad that they can be friends, so I'm trying to get over it.

It did seem a bit quick, but I think that just shows Jay's basic goodness.  He just can't hold a grudge.

• Like 10
21 minutes ago, PaulE said:

It did seem a bit quick, but I think that just shows Jay's basic goodness.  He just can't hold a grudge.

Jay holds a grudge against Trevor who he wanted sucked off last week. Sass immediately apologizing helped smooth things over. I want to know how they got Earnie Johnson to do a voice over. Earnie Johnson is the host of Inside the NBA for anyone who doesn't watch basketball.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7

I could have done without the extended promo for Amazon Prime shipping, but I enjoyed Jay's storyline.

Sas’s ghost power is perfect for him, since he’s always looking to stir things up to relieve his boredom, but also - because of the joy he takes in that - something he’d probably have repeatedly gone overboard in using prior to this.  Of course no livings ever knew, but that not one of the ghosts (other than Thor, whom he told) ever cottoned to it to even ask questions?  Eh, I'll let it go.

Jay's disappointment was well played, as was Sas's regret in response.  And the dreams were fun.

I can't count how many houses I strained my neck in when TV's first started being mounted, as so many people thought a tilt mount would be enough to counteract putting a TV over a fireplace far too high to ever be at an appropriate viewing angle, so it was an outdated argument, but I still enjoyed Sam's habit of lying "BTW, the ghosts agree with me" getting blown up.

LOL at Hetty’s latest attempt at getting sucked off being to hook up with Thor and then Alberta getting interested – with Trevor reading it all wrong and Hettie immediately knowing what she meant.  I enjoyed the women’s argument over who’s more entitled to move on, with, of course, Alberta playing the "Your son murdered me" card.  I'd only seen Rebecca Wisocky in small one-off roles in Major Crimes and The X-Files prior to this, and liked her beyond her screen time in both, so it's a real treat to see how pitch perfect she is in a main role.

So far I'm not loving season three as much as the first two, but I'm glad it's back.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

This was sweet. We've all wanted Jay to be able to see at least one of the ghosts and now he's actually seen and interacted with one of them. Of course, he's seen Trevor's picture, so he knows what he looks like too. And he's heard Hetty's voice when she possessed him. Plus he's talked to Thor when Thor possessed Sam. And he can hear Alberta humming. Baby steps.

Surely he's seen at least one picture of Pete, given all the time Pete's family spent at the house to memorialize him.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
3 hours ago, Skooma said:

I liked Isaac's reaction to hearing about Sass' ghost power.  Something along the lines of comparing Sass' cool power to his lame one of only being able to fart.

(snip)

Isaac: I'm sorry - can someone catch me up?

Pete: Sass has been controlling Jay by entering his dreams. It's his ghost power.

Isaac: Seriously. And I get the fart thing...

(perfectly delivered with Isaac's special mix of envy, disdain and disappointment)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 7

Yeah, he's seen that photo of Trevor that Bela showed him when she was texting Trevor online back in the first season, and Todd's tattoo of Alberta allowed him to get a glimpse of what she looked like, and he saw Flower's mugshot in last week's episode as well.

So now with Sasappis, and if it's true he has seen a photo of Pete at some point through his interactions with the Martinos (which I fully agree is quite likely), then yeah, that would make five of the eight main ghosts he's been able to actually see in some form or another, and get an idea of what they look like. Now he'd just need to find some way to see what Thor, Isaac, and Hetty looked like. Isaac he might be able to see depending on what kind of image of him appears on the cover of hte book Sam wrote about him, and Hetty, there's probably a portrait of her somewhere around the mansion. Thor would be the toughest of the remaining three for him to get an image of, but knowing this show, I'm sure they can find a way to make that happen. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Annber03 said:

That was a trippy episode :p. I liked Pete being the moral voice of reason, 'cause'of course he would be. Jay's dreams were entertaining, and I liked the way Sasappis apologized to him :). It was touching to see that Jay was genuinely hurt by the idea of any of the ghosts just using him for their own gain (and yeah, the violation of space/trust is a pretty big deal, too). Thank goodness they were able to work that out. I hope we get to see Sasappis use his power for something signficant and special going forward at some point, that'd be neat. 

Hetty and Alberta trying to hit on Thor was etertaining, and I like how that tied into the whole theme of using people for your own personal gain and trying to manipulate some kind of power they had (or in Thor's case, Hetty and Alberta were led to believe Thor might have). I like how they resolved that issue, too, though I would've liked to learn more specific details about Thor's past lovers! The fact he made mention of being with someone among a group of drunk strangers at an orgy, though...ah, yet another thing he and Flower have in common!

I like that Isaac apparently has specific days he follows and observes people :p. 

Everything you said!!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, PaulE said:

I love the idea that Jay's actually seen one of the ghosts, and that there's a potential for communication between them.  I still hope someday he'll see Pete, though.

Interesting that we now know Thor and Sass were the only ghosts for a long time

They have mentioned that Sass was the first ghost to come along after Thor and that there was 500 years in between several times on the show.  Thor died circa 1000 and Sass circa 1500. 

And though not mentioned directly it was implied pretty strongly that Isaac was the next to show up in 1777.  Why 1777?  He was said to have died just weeks after the Americans gave up Fort Ticonderoga on his Wikipedia page Sam read to him.

As for seeing Pete and others.  In the ghostly "flesh" yes he hasn't seen him.  But in photos sure he should have.  As others have mentioned, Jay knows what most of the Ghosts look like via photos:

Trevor posted his picture complete with his dog online on the dating app.

Pete's picture(s) is(are) readily available online and probably shown around when the family came there to Woodstone the two times. 

Alberta's pictures (and a giant tattoo) are available too thanks to crazy Todd.

And Flower's picture as well as shown by her prison mug shot at the wake. 

And the person above made a strong case for Hetty probably having a portrait made of herself plus Jay got to know her from the inside out you might say as well.

Isaac is missing also though he too, given his ego, could have had a portrait painted of himself at some time they could come across in a future episode as well as one of Hetty.

And if there are these two portraits written into the scripts later and they are found in different episodes then that would only leave Thorfinn of the regulars not being "seen" one way or the other by Jay. 

But as of now Jay hasn't "seen" 3 of the regulars as well as any of the now semi-regulars (Nigel and Nancy), irregulars (Crash, Attic Girl) or the two non-officer Brits in shed or all the other cellar dwellers.  (Man, Woodstone manor is one ghostly place, haha).

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Question: why was Isaac excited about it being wednesday and sorting mail? Did I miss a joke is the joke that he is excited about such a mundane task because in his time receiving letters was a bigger deal?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Hetty, there's probably a portrait of her somewhere around the mansion.

I'm surprised we haven't seen one. There's one of Elias. And they even had photographs back then. Seems like Hetty and Elias would have been the types to have one taken. Remember how she bragged about having a telephone (despite there being nobody to call)?

It was so weird seeing Román Zaragoza out of costume. 

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Thor would be the toughest of the remaining three for him to get an image of, but knowing this show, I'm sure they can find a way to make that happen.

Easy.  Sam is writing something about the vikings and gets a sketch artist to produce a portrait according to what she wants an illustration to look like. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Poor Jay! I'm so glad he got to call out the ghosts and Sam as well because he really is a great husband and does so much for ghosts he can't even see. None of them really deserve him (including Sam) except for Pete. Sam better start being a LOT kinder to him, I'm ready to go to war for him dammit. 

With Sass's power now known, I'm picturing possible future scenes/storylines of people who have visited the mansion and Sass went on to 'inspire' them to some kind of greatness. Except, he didn't really mean to inspire them, he was being his usual puckish self but it ends up helping the person. Like, say, Hemingway stayed there and after Sass walked through his dreams, he woke up and wrote 'Old Man and the Sea' or some such. That would be fun.

And it does make total sense that he was storyteller when alive, and now he's a dream walker. But, that also makes me wonder, could the ghosts's powers possibly change over time, or get stronger somehow? And Sass is the only one who knows that, because he's been using his powers for so long? We've seen that Sass can keep a secret like nobody's business and with him being the 2nd oldest ghost, he's seen a lot of them come and go. Could he also pull other ghosts into his dream walking? Pete will be the first in line to jump into Jay's dreams lol. And, that was Mark in the Star Trek dream in all the alien makeup, nice continuity, show. Because of course. 

I think Pete is gonna be super jelly when Sass and Jay start bonding. And, confirmation tonight that Trevor and Hetty were still in a situationship, and he spilled the beans to Alberta. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, phalange said:

Jay’s dreams were great, too. I love that Jay had a Star Trek dream. I read an article that said Utkarsh Ambudkar is a Trekkie, so that scene was fun for him to film.

And at the end of the basketball dream, wasn't the teacher asking Jay for his homework the actor who played the virtual doctor from Star Trek: Voyager? That was probably also fun for Jay.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I love how Hetty and Alberta were playing up to Thorfin trying to get sucked off (yes, that makes me laugh like Beavis and Butthead every time) like all his previous girlfriends, but Nancy was just looking to get her some.

56 minutes ago, Paloma said:

And at the end of the basketball dream, wasn't the teacher asking Jay for his homework the actor who played the virtual doctor from Star Trek: Voyager? That was probably also fun for Jay.

No, it wasn't Robert Picardo, although he was on last night's episode of Young Sheldon.  The actor who played Jay's teacher is Michael Caruna and this episode is his only credit on IMDB.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, kathyk2 said:

Jay holds a grudge against Trevor who he wanted sucked off last week

True, but that’s on behalf of his sister, whom he cares about.  I meant that he’s able to forgive and move on when the wrong is against himself.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Badsamaritan said:

With Sass's power now known, I'm picturing possible future scenes/storylines of people who have visited the mansion and Sass went on to 'inspire' them to some kind of greatness.

1 hour ago, Badsamaritan said:

Could he also pull other ghosts into his dream walking?

@Badsamaritan, you must be influencing me through my dreams, because I was thinking the exact same thing on these two points!  I would love for them to do a little flashback and montage, explaining how Sass figured out he had this power in the first place, and the brief snippets of people in the past that he influenced.  Has he influenced Sam & Jay before?  Could they tie it into past guests that we've seen?   Did he pop into Thor's dreams before he died?  I love the idea of Sass being responsible for something historical.  He would probably never even know if that happened.  I also like that they made it so he can't influence everyone - it has to be a specific combination of circumstances to work. 

And, yes, I was thinking the same thing about whether he could bring someone else along.

I love that RZ had the chance to change costumes, and the Star Trek-ish dream was hilarious! 

And now Jay actually has one advantage over Sam... he hugged Sass.  OK, it was dream Jay and dream Sass, but he can still experience touching a ghost where Sam can't.  oooh, what if Jay has dreams of making pizza, so Sass can actually eat pizza in Jay's dream!  But I could also see jokes in the future where Jay is dreaming about Sass, with no involvement from Sass, but Jay doesn't know that.

And Jay was 100% right on the tv placement.  But I couldn't figure out why they just wouldn't put a tv in their bedroom.  It's huge, there's space for a separate sitting area, and if memory serves me right, early on Sam made a rule that ghosts can't come in without permission.  But hey, that would have eliminated the conflict between Sam & Jay, so I get it.  Oh, and I loved the "does Hettie want me to get her ghost cocaine?" line!  Jay & Sass making up in the end was lovely.

OK, so we're having a seance to get Flower back.   I'm still hoping she didn't really get sucked off, and she walks into the room during the seance.  Everyone will think the seance worked, but really she never left. 

As far as which ghosts Jay has "seen", for Thor & Isaac, Sam could be secretly taking art/painting classes, and for the next christmas episode she does a "family" portrait with everyone in it. 

I'm enjoying this season.  I like playing the "how are they hiding Rose's pregnancy" game.  The holding the laptop in front was a new one.  They're still doing a lot of full shots of her, though, and she's not really showing yet.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:
2 hours ago, Paloma said:

No, it wasn't Robert Picardo, although he was on last night's episode of Young Sheldon.  The actor who played Jay's teacher is Michael Caruna and this episode is his only credit on IMDB.

Thanks for clarifying. Now I realize that I saw the end of Young Sheldon while waiting for Ghosts to come on, and I must have had Picardo on my mind and confused the faces when I saw the dream scene with the teacher.

• Like 3

I do love a Sass episode.  Roman Zaragoza plays him perfectly.  I love it when he breaks that deadpan demeanor with some self-imposed panic and rushes around trying to fix the unintended consequences his machinations have caused.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

But, that also makes me wonder, could the ghosts's powers possibly change over time, or get stronger somehow? And Sass is the only one who knows that, because he's been using his powers for so long?

Anything's possible on this show but Thor has been around the longest and it doesn't seem like his power has changed or grown over the last 1000 years. It's also odd that the newest ghost, Trevor, has one of the strongest powers. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it (whereas Thor's power to control electricity stems from the fact that he was struck by lightning, and Flower and Isaac both affect people who walk through them based on how they died. And Alberta can project her voice into the living world for some reason because she's a singer). 

I'm not sure how Sass being a storyteller translates into his ability to invade people's dreams. I don't know how he managed to discover this ability either. The only thing I can come up with is that it's some sort of Native American superstition he heard about when he was alive.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I wonder if Sass ever went into Hetty's dreams when she was alive. The others died as guests of the house and probably never slept there, but Hetty lived there since she was a child. Perhaps Sass didn't since he watched her grow up so it didn't feel right, but what about messing with her husband's mind? 

Edited by Snow Apple
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Useful 5
56 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Thor has been around the longest and it doesn't seem like his power has changed or grown over the last 1000 years.

Well, I don't know how his power would have manifested pre-electricity.  would it have just been a static shock?  Since electricity has only been around for 250 or so years, Sass has had at least 750 years on Thor to learn of/develop his power.

I'd also love to know how Sass found out he had this power.  I think a hilarious reveal would be something like him wandering around a campground of sleeping people, realizing how bad people smelled back in the days before regular baths (and washing clothes) was a thing, and saying something like "boy, you guys stink.  couldn't you all take a bath once in a while?"  And then the next day,they're all at the pond scrubbing down. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
34 minutes ago, chaifan said:

I'd also love to know how Sass found out he had this power.  I think a hilarious reveal would be something like him wandering around a campground of sleeping people, realizing how bad people smelled back in the days before regular baths (and washing clothes) was a thing, and saying something like "boy, you guys stink.  couldn't you all take a bath once in a while?"  And then the next day,they're all at the pond scrubbing down.

Well he's doing something very specific, holding his hand over Jay's head and closing his eyes, so it's not something he would have stumbled on by accident. That's why I think it might be something he'd heard ghosts were able to do when he was still alive and experimented with trying to accomplish it once he became a ghost.

I re-watched the episode and at second glance there appears to be a large mirror sitting on top of the fireplace mantle in the room they argued about where to put the TV. Initially I thought it was a very tall and elaborate mantlepiece but assuming it's just a freestanding mirror that's just sitting on the mantle and could be taken down, putting the TV there wouldn't be prohibitively high after all. Not sure why they gave up on it altogether, the livings shouldn't have to share one TV with the ghosts. It's hilarious the ghosts are obsessed with trashy reality TV.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I think that influencing dreams fits well with the storytelling skill. Dreams are stories your mind makes up. Storytelling is the same thing, more or less. And stories can be used to influence and inspire.

No idea how Trevor's power relates to his death, but I can imagine in life that he was the sort who was interested in "early adoption" of all new tech, and that Wall Street was early on the electronic bandwagon. 

• Like 7