Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E14: New Groom, Who Dis?

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Orion and Lauren - plumber and Federal government worker (management level)

I had no idea these were their jobs.

5 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

In a city like LA, where he was raised, no one would lift an eyebrow.

Michael would do well in parts of Brooklyn too.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Oh Emily. Does she not listen to herself??? She said she believes he did like her, key word being DID. As in, NOT ANYMORE!!! LET IT GO!!! She sounds stupid. 🙄

• Like 1

When I noticed how visible Emily's extensions were, I thought I was watching Darcey and Stacey! Is she just insecure about her thin hair, did she get cheap extensions? Why would anyone go out in public like that. 😶

mafs 2024.jpg

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I don’t believe this marriage.  I think it was a set up.

Same here.  She was too giddy, and I think she got paid just to show up and be a bride for a month or so, then get it annulled.  I wonder if Michael was in on the joke.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I had no idea these were their jobs.

It was mentioned way back at the beginning - maybe even the matchmaking episode but then never again.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

It seems that Brennan is not liked much on here, but I am 100% in his court. 

Yes, I like Brennan.  I just wish he hadn't proclaimed he was "married for life" before he even knew his spouse, so I'm sorry he got matched with Emily.   

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

They are all good cautionary tales. 

I totally agree. And Michael knows his look is eccentric. In a city like LA, where he was raised, no one would lift an eyebrow. I'm sort of grateful for a break in the endless sea of khaki pants and polo shirts. Personality wise, I think Michael is a bit of a unicorn in a really good way. At least thus far, he seems to actually be a really clear communicator and comfortable discussion emotions, which no one seems to be able to think men are ever able to do. As for expensive taste in clothes and shoes, if he can afford it, no problem. If he spends beyond his means, that's a problem but it would be whether he was spending on clothes or golf clubs or cars or whatever else. 

This made me think - what do we know:

• Clare and Cameron - therapist and carbon fiber bicycle repair
  • Brennan and Emily - no idea and IT sales (I think)
  • Austin and Becca - no idea and photographer
  • Orion and Lauren - plumber and Federal government worker (management level)
  • Michael and Chloe - IT sales and non-profit executive

She is not a pseudo-therapist. She is an actual therapist, finishing her post-graduate supervision.

He said his father died when he was 14 but I don't remember him saying anything else about the rest of his family.

Last we saw him, he was in the car outside the hospital and was headed in for his "procedure." I don't think we ever learned what specific procedure he was having and if it was going to be outpatient or if he was going to be in the hospital for a period of time. I kind of had the impression that he was home recuperating but I don't think anyone specifically said that.

Well, they should have mentioned how he was doing, but, maybe he told Production “NO”.  His prerogative probably.

37 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Same here.  She was too giddy, and I think she got paid just to show up and be a bride for a month or so, then get it annulled.  I wonder if Michael was in on the joke.

She overdid everything.  If she’s an actress.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Well, they should have mentioned how he was doing, but, maybe he told Production “NO”.  His prerogative probably.

Yeah - it would be nice to know if he's ok. Hopefully it will come up in the next episode.

• Like 4

There’s no doubt in my mind that Chloe is playing for the cameras. 100% actress, and this is a vehicle for notoriety (although I think MAFS fans are running for the exits at this point …) 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Chloe seems like somebody who is putting on an act- the nonstop smiling, saying Hallmark Card style inspirational quotes to people at the wedding, performative laughter and long swooning feminine sighs. No thank you!! Too theatrical and forced. I laughed out loud when she was trying to be meaningful/profound talking to Michael's friends and said something like "learning is living and living is learning and without learning there is no life"🤔 and they boredly looked on and one interrupted and said, "So... do you want kids?" 😆. And I might be alone in this, but I think her converse sneakers ruined the outfit. 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

I lived in LA, Marina del Rey for 10 years.  I pegged Michael as from Southern CA the moment I saw him. But I do like his personality. Chloe seems like she’s really trying, but that control need is going to show up soon. 
Im still hoping for success for them. 
The failed couples showing up at their wedding, offering advice, I just can’t. First time in the show history indeed.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I totally agree. And Michael knows his look is eccentric. In a city like LA, where he was raised, no one would lift an eyebrow.

I am an expert in this.  I live in West LA.  Nobody would bat an eye.  Nobody would even notice Michael. I too have a nose ring, but a diamond one.  I have hair similar to Fredrick Douglas.  I have a big beard too. I wear eccentric clothes sometimes, mostly hoodies.  I'm an executive.  When I worked for eHarmony, my boss had a neck tattoo and one side of his head shaven, Like Michael. The CEO wore ripped jeans and faded t-shirts and toured in a band occasionally.  When I was at VCA, the Director of Accounting was eccentric.  He wore  female yoga pants and a tanktop.  The CFO wore shorts and a tea shirt.  Some people had eccentric die jobs.  Its normal in LA.

But I learned the hard way that that my look doesn't fly elsewhere.  I stayed in the the Upper West Side and people could not understand my look at all.  I wore destroyed black jeans and sneakers that looked like paint threw up on them, and the bouncer in Chelsea told me this establishment is only for people with credit cards.  My girlfriends told me they probably thought I was a painter, lolz.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

[Michael] said his father died when he was 14 but I don't remember him saying anything else about the rest of his family.

His mother and sister were at his first wedding.  His sister was wearing a tuxedo with a loose tie and looked fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Clare and Cameron - therapist and carbon fiber bicycle repair
  • Brennan and Emily - no idea and IT sales (I think)
  • Austin and Becca - no idea and photographer
  • Orion and Lauren - plumber and Federal government worker (management level)
  • Michael and Chloe - IT sales and non-profit executive

Been away for a while here are my thought on the couples:

Clare and Cameron - I like Cameron better now.  Initially I thought he was an asshole.  He has family trauma somehow. He's not in to Claire. I think I believe Cameron more than I believe Claire.

Brennan and Emily - I think Emily has alcohol issues.  Didnt she take 5 shots in a row at honeymoon?  If I did that I would be out.  Also the bachelorette party?  She was wicked wasted.  Her coochie was out.  Good thing Brennan didnt see that. She said she would convert to Judaism- who does that? Totally deperado. Her weave issue probably turned Brennan off. It looked nasty. Her weird facial ticks, her uptalk, her bad hair. No es bueno. Yet, somehow I like her way better than Brennan (I dislike both).

Brennan....where shall we start.  He has obvious anger issues.  He cant stand Emily and cant treat her with basic respect.  The pool scene with them was cringe. He soooo didn't want to answer those stupid questions. He wont hold her hand, he wont hug her.  He wont look at her. He snaps at her.  I agree with the poster that said he is ghosting her even though he is with her- very deep observation.  I cant imagine what Emily went through being treated this way.  He might be an alcoholic, but she deserves basic dignity.  Also, Brennan got pissed with his friend who told him to give it more of a chance.

On the Afterparty Emily was mean to Keisha for asking a basic question, which made me start to doubt he version. Also, I agree with the posters saying Keisha was getting annoying explain what we just saw during the commercials. I like Rudy.

Austin and Becca - He is soooo not into her.  I dont think he is gay. I just think he is trapped.  They wont last, even if they say yes.  Men dont wait weeks to have sex. They try to pounce immediately, or at most a few dates.  I have a close friend who has Endometriosis.  She says that sex is painful sometimes and that her periods are excruciating. She had surgery and it made things worse.  She has a wonderful, understanding husband.  Also I dont know what is up with him wearing the backward cap all the time.  He seems to have great hair.  

Orion and Lauren - Orion is a jerk.  Lauren is NOT a racist.  Orion brought up the R-word himself, so he should blame himself for things going sideways.  He constantly kicked her in the teeth when she kept sincerely apologizing for nervously laughing.  I thought he was Italian at first.  I dont see how he suffered brutal racism if I mistook him for being White. He got called an Apple? Big deal.  I got called an Oreo as a kid.  Do you see me taking it out on White people? He needs to move on with that. Also he seems like misogynist. He is not down with the matriarchy.  He doesn't want to be told what to do by a woman. He thinks women should serve him. Yet, he lives with his mom. I think he is bisexual, but maybe he is not. He kissed a guy and claims he wasnt into it. 

I like Lauren, but she needs to move on from this guy.  Also, that bathing suit at the pool didnt work for her. The missing tooth make her look older. But I think she is a nice person.

Michael and Chloe - Michael is very eccentric for where he lives.  But in LA, where I live, nobody would even notice him, let alone care. I went through the same type of experience Michael is going though with my look in the Upper West Side. He has bad skin, thats not his fault.  He will have to find someone who doesnt care about that and cares about who he is inside.  I think he is a good man. Maybe he should move back to LA.  I'm rooting for these guys.  I want someone to work out.  I dont want to see all failures.

Chloe- should she win an Oscar for that performance? Or is it real? That was an amazing first kiss.  Somehow Michael got more action than any other couple within the first 5 min of meeting his wife, how does that happen? Emily, Becca were probably all like, WTF??  Why cant I get kissed like that.  She looks really conventional.  I dont see how she vibes with Michael, but for now she does. I hope they make it. I am happy for Michael that the he didnt get dumped again.

The Experts- They suck.  All the matches are bad lately. They dont make sense. They offer help only after the marriage has died.  Caster Pal, should stop pressuring people who are failing. Also, he did the right thing smoothing over the religion issue with Becca even thought he had to twist the scriptures a bit. He is not there to preach religion, and a Christian minister telling a Jew that she is going to hell is just not going to fly.  He cant push religion.  I am happy that he finally gave up on his only marrying Blacks with other Blacks fantasy.  This is 2024, not 1980. Even the Prince of England is in an interracial marriage and the Obama is interracial. 

I see Dr Pepper had some work done! It looks amazing!  But she, too is checked out. They should bring Dr. Vivian back on. I wished they would not have pushed her out. Maybe they will blame this whole crappy season on Pia and push her out.  They need a refresh on this show.  Make it more like MAFS UK or somewhere in between.  

10 hours ago, lu1535 said:

When I noticed how visible Emily's extensions were, I thought I was watching Darcey and Stacey! Is she just insecure about her thin hair, did she get cheap extensions? Why would anyone go out in public like that. 

My gf said they were very cheap.  Had she gotten some expensive ones, they would look amazing.  I also wonder why they dont get stylist, before they go on TV.  Why not put your best foot forward.  Also not feeling Becca's pink hair.  It looks washed out.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Surely Michael was joking when he asked Brennan & Orion for advice cuz they've handled "obstacles" so well!! Especially Orion!! LAUGHABLE!! 🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

I lived in LA, Marina del Rey for 10 years.  I pegged Michael as from Southern CA the moment I saw him. But I do like his personality. Chloe seems like she’s really trying, but that control need is going to show up soon. 
Im still hoping for success for them. 
The failed couples showing up at their wedding, offering advice, I just can’t. First time in the show history indeed.  

I live in Culver City, but go to MDR all the time.  There are no more homeless.  I agree that failed marriages should not be advising anybody. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Chloe seems like somebody who is putting on an act- the nonstop smiling, saying Hallmark Card style inspirational quotes to people at the wedding, performative laughter and long swooning feminine sighs. No thank you!! Too theatrical and forced. I laughed out loud when she was trying to be meaningful/profound talking to Michael's friends and said something like "learning is living and living is learning and without learning there is no life"🤔 and they boredly looked on and one interrupted and said, "So... do you want kids?" 😆. And I might be alone in this, but I think her converse sneakers ruined the outfit. 

I wish they  matched  Michael with Lauren instead.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I remember Brennan being the one who, in the beginning of the process stated that "divorce is not an option".  I was curious how long that would last, and it seems to have dissolved maybe sometime during the honeymoon.  It was a stupid statement and he should've thought about marrying any one of his former dates and deciding if he could be married to that person "forever".  Essentially, what he was marrying was more of a crapshoot than any of his former dates.  Sheesh!

To be fair, they all take wedding vows to love each other forever/till death do them part so they're all guilty of making stupid statements right from the start.

But yeah, Brennan is an idiot prone to stupid statements.  Like the one he made at Michael and Chloe's reception about how the honeymoon phase could last forever if the people still feel the same about each other.  That goes to show how unrealistic he is and how little he knows about long term relationships.  Relationships evolve and potentially deepen, they don't stay in the honeymoon phase even when people still feel in love with each other.  I know he said that just to get Emily's goat but still.

15 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

So why doesn't he leave?  I don't know.  Maybe they're really leaning on him because the couples are dropping like flies.  Maybe he thinks "I signed a contract and I'm going to fulfill it to the best of my ability."

And maybe, reading what Suzeecat just posted, he's really wrestling with what the hell he's going to do if divorce really isn't an option for him, and just treading water. 

(And I agree that going on this show is a particularly stupid for someone who really believes in never getting a divorce.)

Actually, I think Brennan is ghosting her just like everybody else has, but he can't just cut off communication like they did.  Which makes it a LOT messier.

Yeah I've thought and even posted some of that myself.  He is obviously concerned with how he looks on TV but if he is that concerned he shouldn't make stupid statements that he may not be able to live up to.  I think those comments show that he's highly unrealistic about marriage and relationships in general and isn't mature enough to realize he may not be able to live up to his expectations for himself.   But I do think some of his sticking around is so he doesn't look like he didn't give it his ALL.  And the experts are so desperate this season they may be exerting more pressure on him to stay.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Katie111 said:

One thing that I think really adds to how "fake" this season seems is the lack of discussion about jobs and what these people do on a daily basis.  On past seasons, jobs and money have been a huge point of discussion.  There was the guy that worked for a college and his wife was a RE broker.  He felt like she didn't support him enough in his job.  There was the couple where the guy was supposedly a principal but was lying to his wife about what his job was.   There was the HS teacher with the basketball player.  The firefighter with the woman in education that spent too much $$.  Lindy was a physical therapist, Mitch was an environmentalist, Stacia ran her own company.  All these jobs were important to their storylines.  With this cast, I have no idea what they do besides Cameron and Becca.  It's like they are all so checked out that their jobs aren't even relevant.  

The jobs being part of the storyline actually hasn't been a thing for a few seasons now.  The show is increasingly all about petty arguments and incessant "relationship discussions" instead of living real life and showing real life situations.  In the earliest seasons the couples even had to find their own apartments and discuss budgeting and the convenience of their location to work, etc.  That made them feel like they were making a real commitment to living with the person, not living in some kind of extended college dorm-like situation.  I think the show keeps getting more removed from reality as the seasons wear on and I don't think that helps the couples either.  It's all too easy to see it as fake and not really commit to the process.

2 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Brennan....where shall we start.  He has obvious anger issues.  He cant stand Emily and cant treat her with basic respect.  The pool scene with them was cringe. He soooo didn't want to answer those stupid questions. He wont hold her hand, he wont hug her.  He wont look at her. He snaps at her.  I agree with the poster that said he is ghosting her even though he is with her- very deep observation.  I cant imagine what Emily went through being treated this way.  He might be an alcoholic, but she deserves basic dignity.  Also, Brennan got pissed with his friend who told him to give it more of a chance.

I couldn't agree more, especially about the anger issues, which I've posted about myself!  This kind of behavior shows what a selfish jerk Brennan is.  I agree with the guest on the Afterparty that he couldn't even get past his negative feelings about Emily at the wedding out of respect for the new couple.  Even Lauren and Orion were attempting to make nice with each other just so as not to spoil the occasion.  I realize now that's why Lauren was being so nice to Orion, even giving him a hug.  That does show some maturity on their part.  Brennan is not that mature.  Even if Emily is an alcoholic party girl she deserves basic respect, especially at an occasion like that.  If he's that concerned about how he looks on camera, the way he treated her is not going to help that, but he's too unable to see himself to realize that.

About ghosting her while still staying there - yeah, or maybe it can be called "quiet quitting" - the relationship kind.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

His mother and sister were at his first wedding.  His sister was wearing a tuxedo with a loose tie and looked fantastic.

That was Orion's sister and mother, I believe. 

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

She said she would convert to Judaism- who does that?

I know two people who have done that in order to marry Jewish spouses. What is odd is that Emily was pretty flippant about it - it’s a big commitment and takes a substantive amount of time and study. Part of the process is being turned away a few times so the rabbi knows the convert is serious. Emily clearly has no idea what it entails. In fairness, I don’t think Brennan does either. And it’s moot anyway, because they’re dead in the water.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Emily hasn't learned that "Party Girl Who Whoops and Drinks and Dances Sans Culottes" is not a synonym for "Cherished Wife." At least, not to  Brennan. 

As for Chloe's being an actress or just OTT, maybe her conventional appearance hides a Bohemian girl who is absolutely thrilled to be matched with a man matching her interior style! The kind of wife who will live with a conventional white kitchen, but really wants a turquoise fridge. And then wins one!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 5
5 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

As for Chloe's being an actress or just OTT, maybe her conventional appearance hides a Bohemian girl who is absolutely  thrilled to be matched with a man matching her interior style!

As many times as Chloe mentioned that she is a perfectionist, that doesn't strike me as being Boho. As I have mentioned before, Michael seems to me to be intelligent and kind, so maybe they will enjoy their, most likely, brief marriage. 

So, if people don't think he is necessarily 'eccentric,' will 'quirky' work? Or just 'different.' I know it is superficial, but first impressions do count. They can be changed, but he seems to be committed to this look.

9 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

She said she would convert to Judaism- who does that?

I find that question offensive. And, I agree with @Empress1 that Emily would never complete the serious commitment it would take for that to happen.

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

As many times as Chloe mentioned that she is a perfectionist, that doesn't strike me as being Boho. As I have mentioned before, Michael seems to me to be intelligent and kind, so maybe they will enjoy their, most likely, brief marriage. 

So, if people don't think he is necessarily 'eccentric,' will 'quirky' work? Or just 'different.' I know it is superficial, but first impressions do count. They can be changed, but he seems to be committed to this look.

I find that question offensive. And, I agree with @Empress1 that Emily would never complete the serious commitment it would take for that to happen.

Chloe did mention on the afterparty that she loves the outdoors and something called "forest baths" or something like that.  It was something like rolling around in the dirt in the forest.  I think she was trying to say she's not all perfection and dressing up.  The problem is, I don't necessarily think Michael seems like the outdoorsy type.  She's too old but I almost feel like she would have been a good match for Austin.  

I don't think she is an actress but I think she may be acting.  She claims to really like him and finds him attractive but yet she slept in pajamas and a robe on the first night.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

She claims to really like him and finds him attractive but yet she slept in pajamas and a robe on the first night.  

I think many/most of the couples have done that, especially right after their weddings, which does make sense. Over the seasons, the few long-term couples have been those who didn't have sex the first night.

Rolling around in dirt? I kind of don't see Michael not being interested in that, although I didn't see the whole show.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I know two people who have done that in order to marry Jewish spouses. What is odd is that Emily was pretty flippant about it - it’s a big commitment and takes a substantive amount of time and study. Part of the process is being turned away a few times so the rabbi knows the convert is serious. Emily clearly has no idea what it entails. In fairness, I don’t think Brennan does either. And it’s moot anyway, because they’re dead in the water.

Yes this is what I meant.  My aunt is Black and she converted to Judaism before she got married.  But that was like after 4 years years of dating.  Converting is a serious thing. 

1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Please see my last post.  I have a family member who converted after dating her husband for 4 years. She wasn't flippant about that and my Jewish uncle would not let her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I completely enjoyed the wedding. I got a little teary eyed. I hope it goes as well as it looks like it is going to. I do wish the other couples weren't there though.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Jodyj said:

I completely enjoyed the wedding. I got a little teary eyed. I hope it goes as well as it looks like it is going to. I do wish the other couples weren't there though.

It was an interesting contrast between the hopeful, rose colored glasses of the newlyweds versus the other disappointed dispirited couples.  It seemed like there was a lot of careful tiptoeing around the status of their relationships so as not to discourage Michael and Chloe right out of the gate.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think many/most of the couples have done that, especially right after their weddings, which does make sense.

I wouldn’t sleep in a robe but I would sleep in pajamas. Cute ones, not like old sweats and a t-shirt, but not lingerie either.

• Like 4
54 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I wouldn’t sleep in a robe but I would sleep in pajamas. Cute ones, not like old sweats and a t-shirt, but not lingerie either.

I wouldn’t sleep in a robe - too bulky and uncomfortable. But if i were on MAFS, I would sleep in cute pajamas.

Re: styles. I am very conventional looking. Occasionally I might bust out a piece that generates a couple of comments, but mostly I’m a standard classic, kinda boring dresser. I like nice things and I do put some thought into what I wear and how I appear. My husband is the polar opposite. He’s clean and well groomed but has long hair and a beard. He wears sweats, shorts or occasionally jeans, t-shirts and flannels when it’s cold. He buys most of his clothes at thrift shops. He has a couple suits leftover from when he needed them at work and he wears them when the occasion calls for it but most of the time, he could not care less how he looks. We have a great and happy marriage. So sometimes opposites in that regard really do work.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Meraji said:

That was Orion's sister and mother, I believe. 

Oh shit, you're right.  I still get those two confused, despite their very different "journeys" not to mention the fact that they don't really look all that much alike.

Thanks for correcting me, because I was wondering why they weren't there. 

3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Emily's extensions are the kind you buy on Amazon and clip in yourself.

I know zero about extensions.  Do you unclip them to get them out?  Remember at the honeymoon the guy had to use scissors to hack out whatever she had in there?

2 hours ago, Katie111 said:

[Chloe]'s too old but I almost feel like she would have been a good match for Austin. 

Hey now.  Chloe's 39 and Austin's 31.  Just a data point--I was 41 and Mr. Outlier was 31 when we met and the usual societal pressures gave me pause, but it's worked out great--25 years together so far. 

It's funny because I'd had long-term relationships where the man I was dating was 10 years older than I was, and nobody batted an eye.  The age difference came up only with respect to obvious generational differences, like music, or cultural touchstones like the man having to deal with the Vietnam draft while my peers didn't. 

But reverse it, and it's a suddenly a non-starter, period.  If there's no biological imperative relating to a woman bearing children, I can't think of any reason a man being 10 years older than his woman partner should be any different from a woman being 10 years older than her man partner.  But boy does the taboo persist.

• Like 6
Just now, StatisticalOutlier said:
Just now, StatisticalOutlier said:

I know zero about extensions.  Do you unclip them to get them out?  Remember at the honeymoon the guy had to use scissors to hack out whatever she had in there?

I have had all different kinds. The ones Emily had at her wedding were not clip ins (which you do just unclip to take out). She had ones that were applied in small sections and are essentially glued to your own hair, close to the root. You have to take excellent care of them, including thoroughly brushing them out from root to tip at least once a day, sleeping with your hair in a braid, etc. so they don’t get tangled. Emily’s were a mess on her honeymoon. She definitely did not do even the bare minimum to care for them.

The ones she had a Michael’s second wedding looked like tape-ins. Those are also applied by a stylist. You take on piece and put it under a section of hair; as second piece goes on top (so a section of your natural hair is sandwiched in between). Then you press. They are less expensive than the first kind I mention and can be reused. You also have to take good care of them but they are maybe slightly more forgiving? They are also more visible so I didn’t like them as much - you really can’t do ponytails or half-updos with them.

None of them should ever need to be cut out but I think the guy on the honeymoon didn’t have the stuff you need to dissolve the glue, plus hers were so horribly matted with her own hair that he would have had a difficult time untangling it all. Also, he seemed to have no clue what he was doing. She really is lucky to have a hair left on her head.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

She really is lucky to have a hair left on her head.

I'm not sure.  A lot of times I think it would be a blessing if certain women's hair would all fall out and they'd start over from scratch.  In fact, I wondered if the "start over" on the screenshot of her extensions was a sly commentary suggesting just that. 😀

• Like 2

Bringing up the honeymoon cutting of Emily's hair made me realize that it's possible she lost so much hair that her natural hair simply isn't enough to cover any types of extensions.  She may need several months, or a year, to grow enough back in, as remember it was so matted, he just cut most of it out (like you'd do for your dog, lol).

In that case, she'd be better off with a straight up wig.

@Gator Stud I'm Jewish, and I got what you were saying about Emily's comments about converting being a rash decision, and your further explanation about your aunt, after careful (4 year!) consideration, making that decision.  Emily strikes me as someone who will say anything after 6 tequila shots, so I'm sure she has no idea.  WooHoo!  I'm Jewish now!  Let's party!

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

it's possible she lost so much hair that her natural hair simply isn't enough to cover any types of extensions...

In that case, she'd be better off with a straight up wig.

Call me crazy, but her only choices are hair that's long enough to cover extensions and a wig?  The idea of having short hair is that repellent? 

• Like 4

I'm wondering, why are we calling Chloe an actress and not all people who participate in this show as actors? I mean, almost everyone is polite and optimistic on the wedding day. Or is it maybe because she stated she liked Michael? Lauren was attracted to Orion from day one and we didn't call her an actress.

Personally, I would not find Michael good looking the first time I'd meet him but he would surely grow on me because he is very kind and gentle and caring. Maybe Chloe was polite at first but she started liking him as time was passing.

• Like 3
(edited)

I'm calling her an actress because this "second wedding" seems bogus. I'll bet most women that sign up for this are expected a "The Bachelor "ist" type groom.  I'm questioning if there is a marriage license.

I think there is very strong chance Michael's "first runaway wedding" was planned by producers to get drama for this season and he went along with it. There was zero info on the "first bride."

Edited by Rightside
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, Rightside said:

I'm calling her an actress because this "second wedding" seems bogus. I'm questioning if there is a marriage license.

I've always been curious how the licensing goes on this show.  Does anybody know the particulars of how they do it without the couple going to the county clerk together before the ceremony?

• Like 4
35 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Call me crazy, but her only choices are hair that's long enough to cover extensions and a wig?  The idea of having short hair is that repellent? 

It's not about short vs. long hair.

It's about having hair, at all.

Looks like Emily simply doesn't have enough hair to cover her head, long or short.

I'm betting a ton of it, from all over her head, was pulled out due to its having been so matted.

Not to make light, but it's similar to a completely matted dog:  At a certain point, you just shave it all off and start over.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Maybe it is for Emily…

• Like 1

Although I didn't want Michael to tell her too soon about the previous bride, it looks like his timing was good considering how everyone kept bringing it up! They were so encouraging & nice to her about it. I wonder how she compares, looks-wise. Who had the better dress. Probably the other one since I hate lingerie/see-through tops.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I've always been curious how the licensing goes on this show.  Does anybody know the particulars of how they do it without the couple going to the county clerk together before the ceremony?

I read once that the weddings happen as we see, but that after that weekend, or whatever day it is, they go to their local county office and get official licenses. So, their weddings aren't really official when we see them happen. Since they usually go right off to their honeymoons, I don't know if that happens after they come home?

• Useful 3

Just because we aren't shown the couples getting marriage licenses doesn't mean it wasn't done. I mean, it's not exactly riveting television! [Cue all the "But neither is/was...."]

Emily is young. Long hair with extensions seems to me the current style for her age. 

Re: Michael's 2nd wedding. There is another possibility besides "fake drama." Or even besides "show wants to do right by Michael." And behind Door #3 is Michael saying, "I signed a contract to be MAFS, so my actually getting married will allow ABC to avoid legal problems." 

• Like 4
49 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I read once that the weddings happen as we see, but that after that weekend, or whatever day it is, they go to their local county office and get official licenses. So, their weddings aren't really official when we see them happen. Since they usually go right off to their honeymoons, I don't know if that happens after they come home?

That's what I thought, which makes me wonder if Lauren and Orion actually got married. 

I also wonder about the officiant signing the license.  If the officiant presided over a ceremony before the couple got a license, can he sign it once they do get a license a week later, based on the ceremony that happened before there was a license?

(Although in this particular case, I found out Colorado seems to allow people to self-solemnize their marriages--the couple can sign the license themselves and don't need an officiant to sign it (or even to perform a ceremony.)

• Useful 2
On 1/25/2024 at 1:00 PM, Elizzikra said:

He said his father died when he was 14 but I don't remember him saying anything else about the rest of his family.

He said something like his sister was the "most unique" person he knows - which makes me want to check her out! 😄

19 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Orion and Lauren - Orion is a jerk.  Lauren is NOT a racist.  Orion brought up the R-word himself, so he should blame himself for things going sideways.  He constantly kicked her in the teeth when she kept sincerely apologizing for nervously laughing. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Also, regarding "who does that" about converting to Judaism - IMO someone who doesn't know or care anything about religion, and wouldn't mind doing it for the spouse who does.  Obviously she knows nothing about the commitment involved, but I don't think that's a black mark against her right away.

9 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I don't think she is an actress but I think she may be acting.  She claims to really like him and finds him attractive but yet she slept in pajamas and a robe on the first night.  

Did she?  All I could see was the robe.  And it was weird - I remember a lot of comments we have made over the years about "Why wouldn't she wear cuter pajamas?" but no one sleeping in a robe.  Although maybe Jephte did 😂

• LOL 2

It's strange that Chloe asked Michael about his tattoos when he's mostly covered up & can't show them. She could've said she saw some & couldn't wait to learn about them later, he could've explained why he got them & said he'd show & explain them later.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, princelina said:

Did she?  All I could see was the robe.  And it was weird - I remember a lot of comments we have made over the years about "Why wouldn't she wear cuter pajamas?" but no one sleeping in a robe.  Although maybe Jephte did 😂

Cameron also slept in a robe.

Since they usually go right off to their honeymoons, I don't know if that happens after they come home?

They have at least a day after the weddings - for the cringey family meals and we have seen the brides get their hair done or whatever. I am guessing that they do sign the licenses before they leave on the honeymoon - I wonder if they bus all the couples to the courthouse to do it as like a field trip or something.

1 minute ago, Lindz said:

It's strange that Chloe asked Michael about his tattoos when he's mostly covered up & can't show them. She could've said she saw some & couldn't wait to learn about them later, he could've explained why he got them & said he'd show & explain them later.

He has a lot on his fingers/hands.

You know. I think NO husband has ever worn special "wedding" pjs so why so critical of the wives? What about the basic husbands???? I think the first couple to wear robes to bed were Meka & Michael. Cam did & maybe Clare. It's strange, but the husbands should at least wear decent pjs. 🙄