Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E14: New Groom, Who Dis?

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Cameron also slept in a robe.

Haha that makes it no less weird! 😄

22 minutes ago, Lindz said:

You know. I think NO husband has ever worn special "wedding" pjs so why so critical of the wives? What about the basic husbands???? I think the first couple to wear robes to bed were Meka & Michael. Cam did & maybe Clare. It's strange, but the husbands should at least wear decent pjs. 🙄

Hee hee Michael and Meka don't make it less weird either 😂. And men can look cute in boxers and a t-shirt - women can look cute in their underwear but they're not going to sleep in it on tv on their wedding (to a stranger) night so we expect them to have bought some cute pajamas to make a good impression on their new husbands.  Frankly I'm shocked that Michael wasn't wearing some extravagant dressing gown, but regular guys don't do that 😄

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, SummerDreams said:

I'm wondering, why are we calling Chloe an actress and not all people who participate in this show as actors?

It’s her delivery and ‘stage presence’ that’s more polished than all of the others. Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) she says is carefully and perfectly worded. It’s as if she’s in a play or movie and writing the dialogue as she goes along … and doing a fine job of it, I must admit. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I read once that the weddings happen as we see, but that after that weekend, or whatever day it is, they go to their local county office and get official licenses. So, their weddings aren't really official when we see them happen. Since they usually go right off to their honeymoons, I don't know if that happens after they come home?

I can't remember where or when, but I'm pretty sure at one point I read something about past participants saying that the producers had them sign the necessary paperwork with post its or whatever covering the other person's name before the wedding. I'm guessing it may depend on the state and what the licensing requirements are, but it's possible if there's no requirement to go to the county clerk together ahead of the wedding, they still take care of all of that before what we see, just with producers carefully facilitating so they don't see the other person's info.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Okay, it seems that I’m alone in really liking Chloe and Michael together (so far). I know there has been a lot of posts over the weeks building up that Michael’s looks and fact that he was already pre-matched would send any woman running for the hills. Since she was beaming at him from first sight and totally fine with the pre-match because she believes that what’s meant for you won’t pass you by, now everyone seems to think she’s faking it. Jeez, this is a tough crowd! Maybe she genuinely believes in this process and feels enough of a spark with him—and even appreciates his unique look and kind, open heart. I mean she wore pink converse, so him showing up in the same shade pink suit isn’t a turn-off, but another sigh they’re simpatico. Now granted, she was rolling her ring around her finger on the After Party—just like every other contestant the first time they appeared, which implies none of them are used to wearing a ring. I also don’t know whether they’ll get the extra month and a half they missed or only have less than a month to make a decision. But so far they show promise. Granted, all the other couples did, too. But I believe that Chloe’s enthusiasm is authentic. They seem very sweet and well-suited so far. Of course, they don’t really know each other yet. But it’s enough for me to say maybe the “experts” should go with their second choices more often. I’m rooting for you, Chloe and Michael! At this point, they have the best chance of making it.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I'm new here, so forgive me if this is not allowed.  It's been driving me crazy that Chloe looks like someone I've seen.  It hit me tonight that she looks like Bellamy Young from Scandal.  Anyone else see it?

• Like 1

I like this couple as well and I think they will do well. I don't get people saying she is an actress. Unless there is an incident that can't be predicted like Lauren and Orion, I see them going all the way.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, crazyshopper said:

It hit me tonight that she looks like Bellamy Young from Scandal.  Anyone else see it?

I hadn't noticed it, but I think you may be right. I will look more closely next week. It also could be the posture and the hair. (Off topic - I remember being so surprised to see Bellamy Young as a love interest on Criminal Minds - I was used to her being conniving.)

• Like 1

I don't think Chloe is a professional actress, but I think her "acting" all moony and googly eyed over Michael was over the top to me, and it made me suspicious of her.  I could be wrong, so we'll see how this relationship goes.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I hadn't noticed it, but I think you may be right. I will look more closely next week. It also could be the posture and the hair. (Off topic - I remember being so surprised to see Bellamy Young as a love interest on Criminal Minds - I was used to her being conniving.)

I see the resemblance and yea, she was very different on Criminal Minds than she was in Scandal!. I’m not sure either character would approve of being married at first sight though…

• Like 2

Caught up on all the posts, and surprised to see that no one has mentioned Chloe's (on Afterparty) girls *screaming* for some kind of support!? If you're not relatively small-chested -- and firm, at that -- such a low-cut, unsupportive top is so not a flattering look. She could have used a stick-on bra, could have chosen a different dress/top...are the producers of Afterparty not giving any feedback as the guests are getting ready? Yikes.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, thatsall said:

Caught up on all the posts, and surprised to see that no one has mentioned Chloe's (on Afterparty) girls *screaming* for some kind of support!?

I think that we are so used to that by now, starting with the wedding gowns that are selected, that we either don't notice, or it has been stated that the "younger" kids like that look and want to showcase what they have. And then, the older posters will post something forewarning of the back issues yet to come.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

I’m not sure I buy this wedding. At the very least Chloe was tipped off that her groom was unique and prepared for it. 
Why were the miserables there giving advice? Claire? She complained the whole time she was with her groom. Orion? He is a gaslighter and couldn’t wait to overreact to his wife. Brennan? He hates his wife’s guts. There couldn’t be worse people to give advice.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

It's tv, baby!  Actually if I were one of the "couples" on this show I would enjoy a chance to be in the audience for another MAFS wedding!  If my marriage was tanking I'd keep my piehole shut with the advice though 😂

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Caught up on all the posts, and surprised to see that no one has mentioned Chloe's (on Afterparty) girls *screaming* for some kind of support!?

I did notice that someone had pinned the top near the bottom of the deep-v, probably to avoid a wardrobe malfunction.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2024 at 7:55 AM, cinsays said:

don't know why they would even want to go to a bar together when they didn't like their (ex)spouse and clare is no fun

Claire can cut a rug! I was surprised to see her really moving on the dance floor.  And I admired her complete obliviousness as she chowed down while Lauren and Orion were "chatting."

• Applause 1
On 1/29/2024 at 2:42 PM, Alexander Pope said:

Claire can cut a rug! I was surprised to see her really moving on the dance floor.  And I admired her complete obliviousness as she chowed down while Lauren and Orion were "chatting."

I did too and for some reason it completely cracked me up. Maybe she was just hungry?

• LOL 2
On 1/25/2024 at 11:24 PM, Gator Stud said:

I am an expert in this.  I live in West LA.  Nobody would bat an eye.  Nobody would even notice Michael. I too have a nose ring, but a diamond one.  I have hair similar to Fredrick Douglas.  I have a big beard too. I wear eccentric clothes sometimes, mostly hoodies.  I'm an executive.  When I worked for eHarmony, my boss had a neck tattoo and one side of his head shaven, Like Michael. The CEO wore ripped jeans and faded t-shirts and toured in a band occasionally.  When I was at VCA, the Director of Accounting was eccentric.  He wore  female yoga pants and a tanktop.  The CFO wore shorts and a tea shirt.  Some people had eccentric die jobs.  Its normal in LA.

But I learned the hard way that that my look doesn't fly elsewhere.  I stayed in the the Upper West Side and people could not understand my look at all.  I wore destroyed black jeans and sneakers that looked like paint threw up on them, and the bouncer in Chelsea told me this establishment is only for people with credit cards.  My girlfriends told me they probably thought I was a painter, lolz.

👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 You Called It! Tonight on After Party Michael said he was from Southern California, lol! I found your comment so enlightening--- I was befuddled by Michael's appearance, but when I read your comment--- a light bulb went off; I got it. 

This is why I love this forum! Thank you!

Lord... them being down for a week hurt me to my core--- with whom else am I gonna talk about this stupid show!? 😅😅😅

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
4 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 You Called It! Tonight on After Party Michael said he was from Southern California, lol! I found your comment so enlightening--- I was befuddled by Michael's appearance, but when I read your comment--- a light bulb went off; I got it. 

This is why I love this forum! Thank you!

Lord... them being down for a week hurt me to my core--- with whom else am I gonna talk about this stupid show!? 😅😅😅

Not to take away from @Gator Stud's posts, because they are great, but wasn't it @Meowwww that noticed that first?

I talk about the show with my husband, who also watches it, but I was still going through so much withdrawal when the board was down that I had to go over to Reddit to peek at the MAFS threads there.

• Like 3