Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E09: Wigging Out

• Start Topic

I know I sound like a broken record, but I think the issue with Emily is that she is an empty shell.  She is uncomfortable with Brennan, and I don't blame her, but nothing she says seems real and it all seems performative and forced.  I don't think she is capable of saying how she really feels either to him or her "friends."  She stays on the surface to a frustrating degree, and he isn't helping.  That may be why she is such a hard partier.

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I think those two barracudas sealed the deal for him.  I doubt he wants to see those faces again.  They were a horror show.  What is it about those two punks that Emily likes?

Emily's friends are barracudas 😄! I finally figured it out, Emily's loud and trashy friends in the neon wigs remind me of the rough rival band called The Misfits from Jem and the Holograms! 😄🙌💯

image.png.b637c7b5ec2fbe2820aa396077e89a95.png

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 1
  • LOL 11
12 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Sure, while I don't find her attractive, I can understand that some men might.  My point is that I definitely wouldn't question a man's sexuality just because he doesn't want to sleep with her. 

Yeah, “she/he/they don’t want to sleep with him/her/them? Must be gay” is not a trope I subscribe to at all and I frankly think Emily is plain-looking at best, so the idea that someone isn’t attracted to her is not weird to me. Also Brennan seems to actively dislike her

He’s also the most conscious that he’s on TV. He knows how it would look if he used her for sex. He also just may be a halfway decent guy and … doesn’t want to use her for sex. 

11 hours ago, kristen111 said:

NONE for the long haul.

The only couple I could see making it past decision day is Austin and Becca, and even them I’m not confident about - I could see Austin doing a mercy “you deserve someone who feels the same way about you” dumping on the day. 

• Like 11
On 12/14/2023 at 8:39 AM, Katie111 said:

Does he want her to "put out" and then he'll start talking to her?

THIS!!!!!! I was thinking this EXACT THING!!! 🤣🤣 Like. He's giving, "have sex with me & I'll talk to you" vibes. WHATEVER THAT HELL THAT IS. SO WEIRD!!!! That seems to be his approach, while she needs an emotional connection to be intimate & no one's budging on their approach or collaborating whatsoever. Why does he keep saying he really likes her, based on what?!! It's not adding up. Their bike work thing was cute. When she said that was attractive, I thought to myself that's what everyone should be doing: partaking in "attractive" activities. I hope she at least told him it was hot seeing him in his element, but words don't do it for him. 🙄🤷‍♀️

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 2
On 12/15/2023 at 5:12 AM, JenE4 said:

I can’t believe no one mentioned the “smoking gun” moment that almost knocked me out of my chair, when Brennan told Emily’s friends, “If this were real life, I would’ve helped her.”

That was CRAZY!!! He actually said that!!! Ah well. It's true. He's not gentlemanly & wouldn't have helped her unless he liked her or something. Basically, if something was in it for him or to be nice to someone he cares about. Jerk. That was rude!!!! DEALBREAKER!!! That conversation was ROUGH!!! The constant yelling was absurd. They got him on her moving in, but not on serving the food & when he said he got it out of the oven, they were sounding stupid about the details don't matter. Asking why he wouldn't help more would've been fair. Asking him why he's there should've been why he's there NOW, how is he working towards what he wants??? Is he just there to meet his contractual obligations??? I think he picked the wigs to seem "fun" & it's a reflection of the joke he takes the experiment as. 

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 5

Hated seeing Orion's lying azz!!! His mom & sister were disappointed he didn't get what he wanted?!!! I hope they see who the real problem was! & He did get what he wanted. He wants to be alone & he made sure that's what he ended up. How dare he say he had feelings for Lauren! He can STFU with that!!! If that was true, they wouldn't have vanished so quickly & he wouldn't have given up so easily. I can't believe Lauren is gunna subject herself to more distress by talking to him again. Has she not realized he was the problem?!! 😒

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 8
22 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Emily is the one who has never been in a relationship.

Clare both claims to be a therapist and says she’s in school to become a therapist. I’m not sure whether she has some type of internship or maybe a day job while getting her MSW (or similar degree), but usually until you have your MSW you cannot do any actual counseling and instead do more admin type of social work. Like maybe you can do intakes and recommend support but someone else is actually providing the counseling.

Clare could already have her MSW but be working toward a higher level of licensure that will allow her to practice independently and provide therapy. She wouldn’t exactly be “in school” for that but would see clients and work under the supervision of a senior therapist. It’s a hard credential to get - lots of hours and documentation.

• Useful 3

Friends aren't really a good reference for stranger spouses, exes are! Friends aren't in romantic relationships with them or they shouldn't have been. 😅 So Austin's friend saying religion doesn't seem important to him can't say it isn't important to him in a marriage. It's on Becca to find out what impact it has. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 12/13/2023 at 10:32 PM, Blissfool said:

On the Afterparty Clare starts to cry. Keisha says, "Oh, Claaaare.... " Grabs tissues and continues with, "I have tissues, come here.

No, Keisha! You get up and take the tissues to the crying woman and comfort her!

I just found that hilarious. 

Keisha is covered head to toe.  The other three are putting it all out there.  Keisha probably didn’t lose the baby weight yet.  I think anyhow. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Keisha is covered head to toe.  The other three are putting it all out there.  Keisha probably didn’t lose the baby weight yet.  I think anyhow. 🤷‍♂️

Hasn’t that always been her style though? Even pre-pregnancy, she was a modest dresser, as I recall…

On 12/15/2023 at 3:05 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Keisha Knight Pullum announced her name seven (7) times last night plus one huge name tag across her bosom!

I know people hate that but it’s not her fault. She reads from a teleprompter. I think that they have her repeat it multiple times so they have it when they edit the final episode together… but whoever is responsible for the editing does a shit job and we see her intro way too many times.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
On 12/15/2023 at 3:14 PM, Crashcourse said:

Yeah, beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder because I don't think she's attractive.  There's something.....unhygienic-looking? about her.   So, I wouldn't question a man's sexuality because he wouldn't want to sleep with her.  

Someone here mentioned that Emily was the one that looked like George Washington and now I can't unsee it.

• LOL 12
On 12/15/2023 at 3:26 PM, kristen111 said:

Emily’s hair is always a mess, sometimes ratty looking like it hasn’t been combed in days.

It would look so much better a bit darker.  The bleached out blonde is so stark.

• Like 8

Emily's bleached blond + spray tan gives Jersey Shore vibes.

So far, we have one couple who didn't even make it down the aisle, one couple who divorced the minute the honeymoon was over, and 3 left:

Brennan, who grits his teeth at his lack of attraction for Emily.

Austin, who will give poor Becca the "it's not you it's me" on Decision Day.

Clare, who will belittle and berate Cameron until he throws a bike at her.

BTW, I looked up Cameron's bike shop.  Entirely 5 star reviews, many of which are before the show.  Seems Cameron knows a thing or two about carbon, and the reviews say he's a heck of a nice guy, who often does work for little to no cost vs. the other estimates people have been given, with a quicker turnaround.  So Clare, shutty uppy.  Yes, he's passionate about it, and yes, he's good at it, you shrew.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 7
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, EllieW said:

Someone here mentioned that Emily was the one that looked like George Washington and now I can't unsee it.

Emily is not very verbal with Brennan.  All she does is smile that big smile when he’s around.  She’s probably intimidated.

• Like 5
On 12/15/2023 at 10:30 PM, Alexander Pope said:

I know I sound like a broken record, but I think the issue with Emily is that she is an empty shell.  She is uncomfortable with Brennan, and I don't blame her, but nothing she says seems real and it all seems performative and forced.  I don't think she is capable of saying how she really feels either to him or her "friends."  She stays on the surface to a frustrating degree, and he isn't helping.  That may be why she is such a hard partier.

Hah I'm a broken record about that on this thread too, LOL.  Great minds think alike, right?  😉

Neither of them have any relationship communication skills and he's also a selfish jerk to boot.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
On 12/14/2023 at 11:39 AM, Katie111 said:

I think for some odd reason they are not allowed to invite more than 4 people to their "parties".  It's like that every season.  But normally even the couples who didn't like each other usually seem to have some fun with their guests.  These parties were just dreary.  

I think the reason is that the purpose is to segregate each half of the couple with the others' friends so they can talk about their relationships.  The point of this show seems to be to talk and talk and try to "fall in love" without ever ever having any kind of natural fun or good times together.  Sex optional.

It seems to me that Becca and Cameron have very specific (no) religious desires - do they not discuss this at all during the screening?

• Like 2
On 12/14/2023 at 9:39 PM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I admire how Cameron shut down the conversation about his dad- the friend asked a loaded question about his relationship with his father, and he answered it honestly so that she'd back off.  Bold move, Cameron- bravo! 😄 

I thought the friend was joking & didn't actually expect Cameron to answer. Claire's therapist friends were awesome; Unlike Emily's who woke up & chose violence, lol.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6

I admire how Cameron shut down the conversation about his dad- the friend asked a loaded question about his relationship with his father, and he answered it honestly so that she'd back off.  Bold move, Cameron- bravo! 😄 

I thought it was pretty rude, actually. It doesn't seem like a loaded question to me under the circumstances.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I thought it was pretty rude, actually. It doesn't seem like a loaded question to me under the circumstances.

Yeah if the goal is to completely shut down the conversation it worked - but the goal was supposed to be getting to know each other!

• Like 5
On 12/16/2023 at 6:51 PM, Starlight925 said:

BTW, I looked up Cameron's bike shop.  Entirely 5 star reviews, many of which are before the show.  Seems Cameron knows a thing or two about carbon, and the reviews say he's a heck of a nice guy, who often does work for little to no cost vs. the other estimates people have been given, with a quicker turnaround.  So Clare, shutty uppy.  Yes, he's passionate about it, and yes, he's good at it, you shrew.

I wonder if he runs the business side of things as well as fixing the bikes?

• Like 3
On 12/18/2023 at 12:58 AM, princelina said:

I think the reason is that the purpose is to segregate each half of the couple with the others' friends so they can talk about their relationships.  The point of this show seems to be to talk and talk and try to "fall in love" without ever ever having any kind of natural fun or good times together.  Sex optional.

It seems to me that Becca and Cameron have very specific (no) religious desires - do they not discuss this at all during the screening?

One wonders if anything is discussed! Or at least considered seriously by the Triumvirate! 

Dog-dislikers paired with dog-owners. Physical preferences ignored totally. Brides expected to live in buses and basements. Financial security needs married to jobless. Etc. 

• Like 3

Therapy is not everyone’s cup of tea.  Why does production insist they go to therapy?  Brennen was very uncomfortable, and it seemed Cameron was also, even tho he went.  He sad he was comfortable with it.  I don’t think so as he didn’t want to talk about his Father at all.  Pia or whatever her name is was pushey.  I’d like to say more about her too tight hot pink suit, but I won’t, lol.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Brennan doesn't want to insult Emily by saying exactly why he isn't physically attracted to her.  Why do the experts keep trying to get him to say it in front of Emily? What good would that do for her or her self-esteem? I also thought that the therapist's pink suit was a little tight and wasn't the most flattering- fun color, but a little too bold for a therapy session. Also, that group potluck was pretty depressing, even the cake slices that Orion brought didn't cheer any of these couples up! 😅

• Like 6

@kristen111, I watched the episode yesterday on my lifetime.com. I wanted to see if I missed anything good while dozing off. I did manage to see the Afterparty on Wednesday, and, yes, it was a good one, although I can do without Lauren and her opinion. Sorry, you get a divorce, you are done and we don't need to see you again, even though it was not your choice.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
22 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Brennan doesn't want to insult Emily by saying exactly why he isn't physically attracted to her.  Why do the experts keep trying to get him to say it in front of Emily? What good would that do for her or her self-esteem? I also thought that the therapist's pink suit was a little tight and wasn't the most flattering- fun color, but a little too bold for a therapy session. Also, that group potluck was pretty depressing, even the cake slices that Orion brought didn't cheer any of these couples up! 😅

Yes and yes.  Why are Lauren and Orion still on?  They are so finished.  Go home already.  Emily is a nice girl, but no personality.  It’s like she’s afraid to express herself, especially to Brennan, so just smiles.  I doubt Pink hair and Austin will last.  What man doesn’t want to have sex already?  Is it because she’s not ready because of her surgery?  Which they sprang on him after he got married.  Not right.  Keisha has too much to say.  Is it her show now?  Too many changes this season.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

Yes and yes.  Why are Lauren and Orion still on?  They are so finished.  Go home already.  Emily is a nice girl, but no personality.  It’s like she’s afraid to express herself, especially to Brennan, so just smiles.  I doubt Pink hair and Austin will last.  What man doesn’t want to have sex already?  Is it because she’s not ready because of her surgery?  Which they sprang on him after he got married.  Not right.  Keisha has too much to say.  Is it her show now?  Too many changes this season.

Emily should've never applied for this show- it's so reckless to jump from never making it past 2 or 3 dates to signing up for a televised arranged marriage.  She needs more experience and to mature a little- she keeps pulling really childish and exaggerated facial expressions instead of talking about what she's thinking.   Brennan is shutting down emotionally because he's not attracted to Emily- he feels trapped and he's counting down the days until this experience is over.  The "experts" and Emily keep backing Brennan into a corner and trying to know exactly why he isn't physically attracted to her. Does she want a humiliating blow-by-blow breakdown from Brennan about why he's not attracted to her? What good would that really do her? She'll find a guy who wants her and is attracted to her- it's just not Brennan. 

If Austin had a woman he was totally into and wanted to bone, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be delaying sex by harping on potential issues about their non-existent future children going to church or synagogue 😄.  Becca lays it on thick and Austin never really reciprocates in initiating kisses, longingly looking into her eyes or giving hugs- it's all her initiating and expressing affection.  She's more into him than he is into her. When the therapist suggested foreplay, Austin said, "Alright? I guess we can do that... 🥴"- he's not raring to go and none of the men on this show want to throw it down with their assigned wives.  Clare isn't into Cameron but wants the MAFS paycheck for completing the process. We're dealing with a lot of people pussy footing around their real thoughts and feelings in order to get a good edit on TV.  I hope these contestants all find love someday with people that they choose for themselves in real life on dating apps. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Why are Lauren and Orion still on?

Filling time.

I doubt Pink hair and Austin will last.  What man doesn’t want to have sex already?  Is it because she’s not ready because of her surgery?

She said this week that she was ready but he’s holding back.

Everyone this season is VERY aware of when the cameras are on. Maybe they always were and just hid it better?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

The "experts" and Emily keep backing Brennan into a corner and trying to know exactly why he isn't physically attracted to her. Does she want a humiliating blow-by-blow breakdown from Brennan about why he's not attracted to her?

The experts and Emily want to hear …

…that she is an established alcoholic with a very high alcohol tolerance who can’t control her dependence without professional intervention. He doesn’t want to be a part of this mess since he has never asked for it.

Brennan doesn’t want to reveal that on TV because he understands how the corporate world works.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3

Becca and Austin with the High- Fives.  Enough already.  Austin is in the friend zone.  All they do is eat.

On 12/16/2023 at 10:39 AM, Elizzikra said:

Emily is the one who has never been in a relationship.

Geeze .. I wonder why.  Who guzzles shots, then hops up on a bar with no underware on?  Nice marriage material and someone’s Mother of his children.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, Maximadc said:

The experts and Emily want to hear …

…that she is an established alcoholic with a very high alcohol tolerance who can’t control her dependence without professional intervention. He doesn’t want to be a part of this mess since he has never asked for it.

Brennan doesn’t want to reveal that on TV because he understands how the corporate world works.

and i think he does not want to get physical with her because he knows he wants to get the marriage annulled.

that way, he can not violate his father's dictum that once you marry you stay marry regardless of how the relatironship is.

so dr pia, back off

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

I was DEFINITELY not happy to see that preview where Orion (go home!) asked Lauren (go home!)if she would be open to trying again. Lauren bravely said she would be open to thinking about that. NO!!!! It didn't work and now you know that he is a complete coward who will gaslight her and make her think it is her fault, so why the hell would she want to go back with him? The only reasons are the paycheck and being on camera. They are both fame whores. Hopefully, when Michael agrees to be humiliated again, the Orion/Lauren retry will not be an option, but I guess with Cam and Clare taking their rings off (you go, Cam!), and absolutely zero chemistry with the last two couples, they must be desperate.

So, after D Day is over this season, will they even bother with reunions and Where Are They Now shows? What are they going to ask - do you ever run into your ex- while shopping? This season is horrible.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Emily likes to drink. Emily drinks a lot. I don't think we have seen anything thus far that proves she is an alcoholic. Plenty of people are big social drinkers but aren't alcoholics.I think that it's a big leap to say that she is.

Geeze .. I wonder why.  Who guzzles shots, then hops up on a bar with no underware on?  Nice marriage material and someone’s Mother of his children.

Men go out and drink to the point of puking all the time and people aren't so quick to say or imply that they aren't marriage material or parenting material. I also don't think that choice of underwear (including the choice not to wear any) has anything to do with marriageability or parenting ability. Emily was not married nor did she have children when she was partying every weekend and having one night stands. Assuming that she cannot be a good wife or parent because she did these things before she was married seems a lot like slut shaming. Was she supposed to sit at home and knit herself multiple pairs of granny panties until a suitor arrived at her door with a ring? There is a lot of grey area between these two extremes but Emily is not a bad person because of the choices she made during her single life. When guys make the same choices, it's somehow just "boys will be boys?" 

Worse part of all of this... Brennan won't be honest with Emily about it. Many people party way less after marriage - and certainly after parenthood - than they did before they got married and/or had children. Definitely, Emily took it a lot further than a lot of people do. If Brennan is worried that Emily isn't ready to give up her party-girl lifestyle, why can't he say that? Why can't he ask her If she plans to or hopes to continue drinking to the same level when they are living daily life as a married couple? Why can't he come out and say "I am uncomfortable with how much/how often/whatever it is you drink?" 

We really have no idea what Brennan's sexual history is. It's entirely possible that he had as many one-night stands as Emily has had, but he hasn't mentioned them on camera. Or maybe this is a big difference in how they view sex - with Emily feeling like sex between two consenting adults is fine regardless of relationship status and Brennan feeling like sex should only happen in a committed relationship or after three dates or whatever his standard is. But they won't ever figure that out because Brennan can't honestly say that he is bothered by Emily's sexual history. 

and i think he does not want to get physical with her because he knows he wants to get the marriage annulled.

that way, he can not violate his father's dictum that once you marry you stay marry regardless of how the relatironship is.

so dr pia, back off

Actually, Dr. Pia, keep it up. Because if this is Brennan's game, that's exactly what it is - a game. If Brennan signed up for Marriage at First Sight, blathering on and on about how he believes that marriage is for a lifetime, only to cross his fingers behind his back and think "I didn't say anything about an annulment..." - that is semantic crap. I think that bit of dishonesty is a perfect thing for an "expert" to unearth. I think Brennan is lying and trying to preserve how is presented on camera. 

Come to think of it, this episode of slut shaming is as bad as what Orion did to Lauren. I'm surprised it isn't getting called out as much. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Why do they tell their sexual history?  Aren't some things private.

I've been married many years and still have no idea about hubby's sexual history.  Why would I want to know that!

As for me...I had none.  That's the way we did it way back when.

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Why do they tell their sexual history?  Aren't some things private.

I've been married many years and still have no idea about hubby's sexual history.  Why would I want to know that!

As for me...I had none.  That's the way we did it way back when.

I think some of it is a generational thing because I've seen this before many times on various TV shows and in real life.  There is a compulsion to disclose every unflattering detail of one's life to everyone.  I think part of it is because of the culture on social media for people to constantly reveal potentially unflattering things to everyone.  

I also think there is a belief among younger generations that if you're not completely honest and open about absolutely everything about you to a prospective spouse (or actual spouse in this case) you are being deceitful and it's somehow bad for the relationship.  I tend to think that some things are better left unsaid and can only foster unnecessary mistrust.  In most cases!

My husband and I didn't know the exact details of our sexual pasts either and 43 years later we still don't.  But I tend to think that I would want to know it if I were with someone that has the active sexual history that Emily likely has - especially today in the age of STDs and all that.   Plus my values are such that I would not want to be matched with someone that could so easily and often see sex as a recreational sport and nothing more, and I would like to know that before getting further involved with them.  So there is that too.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

This is whole new territory!  One I am so opposed to. 
I know of four middle twenty girls living with their boyfriend. Good jobs, college educated but no ring, no promise and I can see any of the eight of them leaving at a moment’s notice. 

I still believe why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free but honestly…nobody cares!

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I know of four middle twenty girls living with their boyfriend. Good jobs, college educated but no ring, no promise and I can see any of the eight of them leaving at a moment’s notice. 

I still believe why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free but honestly…nobody cares!

Some people like to drink milk without the added responsibility of taking care of the cow. Nothing wrong with that as long as everyone involved is honest about it.

I wonder if there is some relationship between younger people's willingness to live together without marriage and housing costs. Housing is very expensive where I live. Renting costs a fortune and home ownership is out of reach for most younger people (and even middle aged people). Living together is not necessarily the financial commitment it used to be because more people are renting and the rents are more manageable with two people than one. If you're spending most nights together, I can see where it maybe just makes sense to have a single apartment you share.

It's not what I did or would do I would choose now were I still young and single, but I understand it.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
On 12/23/2023 at 11:54 AM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

The "experts" and Emily keep backing Brennan into a corner and trying to know exactly why he isn't physically attracted to her. Does she want a humiliating blow-by-blow breakdown from Brennan about why he's not attracted to her? What good would that really do her?

She thinks she wants to know why he's not attracted to her, but she might very well change her mind if he actually lays it out. 

I wonder if it has to do with everybody in the past cutting contact entirely, so she never even has the opportunity to find out what they didn't like about her.  This time she does, so she's pressing for it.  But that also means she's never actually experienced it, and it's possible that what he says would hurt her very much.  Watch out what you ask for.

On 12/23/2023 at 5:42 PM, cinsays said:

Failure to consummate a marriage is not grounds for annulment.

On 12/23/2023 at 11:14 PM, Elizzikra said:

But they won't ever figure that out because Brennan can't honestly say that he is bothered by Emily's sexual history.

But if he says he's bothered by Emily's sexual history, isn't that slut shaming?

On 12/24/2023 at 12:17 PM, Yeah No said:

Plus my values are such that I would not want to be matched with someone that could so easily and often see sex as a recreational sport and nothing more, and I would like to know that before getting further involved with them. 

And wouldn't that be slut shaming? 

I'm asking an honest question.  At what point can I say, "I don't like that particular behavior" without being branded a shamer?

On 12/26/2023 at 4:44 PM, Jeanne222 said:

It sounds like everybody's doing this under their own free will, which I heartily endorse. 

And frankly, even a ring doesn't prevent anyone from leaving at a moment's notice--you just take care of the paperwork after you've split.  And maybe being able to leave on a moment's notice and cut off contact entirely, without later paperwork, might be better.

And a promise?  Right. 

• Like 5

I'm asking an honest question.  At what point can I say, "I don't like that particular behavior" without being branded a shamer?

I wish we just deleted the word "slut" from our vocabulary.

I don't think it's shaming to say "I value sex in committed relationships and am uncomfortable with the idea of being involved with someone who doesn't share that value." That statement is about me, not about the other person.

I think that it's shaming when you say "I value sex in a committed relationship only and I think there is something wrong with/morally repugnant/cheap/sleazy about people who don't share that value." I don't think it's appropriate to judge other people for their sexual behaviors. Someone who has sex outside a committed relationship isn't less of a good person or less of a moral person that someone who only has sex in committed relationships. They aren't necessarily less honest or less committed to a partner when they have one. They are just someone who things it's ok to have sex outside a committed relationship.

I think Brennan could raise his discomfort with Emily's past sexual history without slut shaming but I haven't seen so far that he has the introspection or the lack of judgmentalism that this would require. Bottom line is that I do think he is making judgments about her character based on this aspect of her history. He does think she is a slut and therefore not good enough for him. I'd kick him to the curb for that alone.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

So out of the 3 couples that are left, the 2 are having religion problems. Right. I think it's a good subject to "disagree" on without having people judging them for it. It's not like "I usually am turned on with women who have big asses" like we heard last season. It's Religion, so who can say anything?

Clare is worried that their kids won't be christians while she doesn't even touch him. 😂

Clare is cold. This is the bottom line for me. I have a cousin who is like that, she always was a pretty girl but she was cold and guys thought there was some depth to it but, no, there was no depth, she was just cold and empty inside.

Regarding Orion, he wanted to do this show in order to get girlfriends and Lauren handed him the best excuse to leave the marriage. In his mind he is the hero who will be worshipped by many women and he'll have much romantic success (and I do believe this will happen).

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
34 minutes ago, SummerDreams said:

Clare is worried that their kids won't be christians while she doesn't even touch him. 😂

Hahaha thank you for the laugh 🤣🙌!! It's so true! I think she has the halfhearted side hug down- but anything more than that is a bridge too far for her! I don't even think that she's kissed him yet, right? I think that Brennan, Clare, Austin and Orion aren't into their partners so they're fabricating big issues to use as an easy scapegoat to get out of the relationship.  

• Like 5

So, this season we have religion as the deal breaker, which, if true, is a legitimate concern that should have been addressed during the selection process. Some people don't care about religion, others do. So, if that wasn't discussed during the screening process, that is on the show for the failures. Just one more stupid thing they use for drama. For some reason, we seem to not have pet/no pet drama this time. I miss the dogs!

• Like 4