Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E09: Wigging Out

• Start Topic

As the newlyweds are only just beginning to navigate the challenges of living with a stranger spouse, they host their first housewarming party together; but not all is fun and games as tensions flare and quickly devolve into a shouting match.

Airs Wednesday December 13 at 8:00PM EST.

4 minutes ago, APK said:

I have to agree with Clare. Yes, Cameron should have arrived home with some food and drinks for their housewarming party.

Agreed. 

Also, I do not like Emily's friends. They came in snotty and loaded for bear and I say that as no fan of Brennan.

• Like 18
  • Applause 4
8 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Agreed. 

Also, I do not like Emily's friends. They came in snotty and loaded for bear and I say that as no fan of Brennan.

Emily's friend, wearing the pink wig, really cannot stand Brennan. She would probably punch him in the teeth if she could get away with it.

Edited by APK
  • Like 5

Maybe Cameron was busy at work so he forgot about the food.  I had to laugh at Clare bringing him half a sandwich because she ate the other half.  

Emily's friends are acting like two drunk bitches.  Brennan should ask them to leave.

See?  Clare can find clothes that fit.  That's a nice black outfit she's wearing. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Maybe Cameron was busy at work so he forgot about the food. 

Right but he got home 2 hours before the party and could have gone back out. I thought he was actually kind of a dick about it.

Also - they've been together two weeks and he hasn't mentioned that his father is near death and doesn't know he was married? Seems strange that this didn't come up before now.

Clare is an idiot.

What has she done that is so idiotic? 

Emily's friends are acting like two drunk bitches.  Brennan should ask them to leave.

They are awful and no amount of "she's our bestie and we lurrrvvveeee her" protectiveness excuses how rude they were. I suppose for filming, Brennan had to sit there with them, but I would have quickly excused myself from that interrogation. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
4 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Right but he got home 2 hours before the party and could have gone back out. I thought he was actually kind of a dick about it.

But the timing is weird because later, didn't Clare admit that the food he ordered was five hours too soon and that's why it had to be reheated?  I think he was confused about when he was supposed to get the food. 

I do like Clare's friends though.

• Like 5

Clare's friends and professional  colleagues are gonna have Cameron running for his life. Cameron, I believe, is now intimidated. One nail is now in the coffin of their marriage.

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

But the timing is weird because later, didn't Clare admit that the food he ordered was five hours too soon and that's why it had to be reheated?  I think he was confused about when he was supposed to get the food. 

I do like Clare's friends though.

At the start, Clare said that Cameron was out getting food while she was home blowing up balloons. Cameron came home with no food. He had a thought about ordering what I think turned about to be Mexican, but didn't say that until Clare pressed him. I think he was just going to go there and pick stuff up but Clare wanted something a little more organized. So then he went ahead and ordered it before saying to her "hey, I can order it but they don't let me order in advance so I should wait." They could definitely have communicated more clearly but I thought overall, Cameron acted like he could not have cared less that people were coming over. I also found it odd that he couldn't scare up a single person to come to the "party." But thanks to them, I'm craving nachos.

There's clearly something up with Cameron's relationship with his father. I think the way he just spouted "what conversation would you like me to have with a man on his death bed" was sort of obnoxious, but I can see that if the relationship was always fraught and now his father is dying, maybe he is just really uncomfortable and awkward about it? I just didn't really like the way he handled it.

Did Becca and Austin have a theme? I honestly think the themes are sort of stupid but if Ballcap and Becca had one, I can't even remember what it was.

And... I really, really, really want to go brush out Emily's new extensions, before they get all ratted up like her last ones.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 9
4 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

At the start, Clare said that Cameron was out getting food while she was home blowing up balloons. Cameron came home with no food. He had a thought about ordering what I think turned about to be Mexican, but didn't say that until Clare pressed him. I think he was just going to go there and pick stuff up but Clare wanted something a little more organized. So then he went ahead and ordered it before saying to her "hey, I can order it but they don't let me order in advance so I should wait." They could definitely have communicated more clearly but I thought overall, Cameron acted like he could not have cared less that people were coming over. I also found it odd that he couldn't scare up a single person to come to the "party." But thanks to them, I'm craving nachos.

I think Foodgate was much ado about nothing.  He forgot the food, ordered later, timing was off.  No big deal.  They both should have just laughed it off because there will be more important issues to deal with.  

• Like 3

I think Foodgate was much ado about nothing.  He forgot the food, ordered later, timing was off.  No big deal.  They both should have just laughed it off because there will be more important issues to deal with.  

Clare just revealed on AfterParty that she was really more upset that none of Cameron's friends came. I think she is misinterpreting though. She is upset because she feels like his friends aren't interested in meeting her. I have a sense that Cameron doesn't really have many/any people who are close to him. It's not Clare they don't care about...

I think there is some good stuff inside Cameron but there is something off-putting about him that I can't put my finger on. I have an appreciation for a dry, sarcastic sort of wit, but he definitely seems to use it to keep people at arm's length and I wonder why. He says that he has to have more physical affection before he can open up verbally but there is absolutely nothing about him that would make me want to hold his hand or put an arm around him. He comes off as very cold.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
30 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Also - they've been together two weeks and he hasn't mentioned that his father is near death and doesn't know he was married? Seems strange that this didn't come up before now.

What has she done that is so idiotic? 

They are awful and no amount of "she's our bestie and we lurrrvvveeee her" protectiveness excuses how rude they were. I suppose for filming, Brennan had to sit there with them, but I would have quickly excused myself from that interrogation. 

For one thing, messing up the food because she had to be "prepared."

But mostly for being very condescending to Cameron and all that he's about. 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

For one thing, messing up the food because she had to be "prepared."

But mostly for being very condescending to Cameron and all that he's about. 

We wouldn't do well planning a party together :) I shop in advance and have planned the food and drink, gotten it all into the house, pulled out whatever serving dishes, etc. I didn't think that Clare's desire to have things ready for the party was unusual. I thought Cameron acted like he didn't give a shit that they were having people over. 

I don't really see that Clare is condescending. She seemed interested in learning more about his work, which I think is fascinating. She asks him questions. I think there is a good guy somewhere inside Cameron but he does have pretty shitty verbal communication skills and whatever the male version of resting bitch face is. There were so many better, less offensive ways that he could have answered Clare's friend's question about his father, instead of his smirky, sarcastic response. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3

On the Afterparty Clare starts to cry. Keisha says, "Oh, Claaaare.... " Grabs tissues and continues with, "I have tissues, come here.

No, Keisha! You get up and take the tissues to the crying woman and comfort her!

I just found that hilarious. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I think Cameron brought it up at the party to get it out there without having to get into a deep discussion with Clare. He definitely keeps everyone at arm’s length. I would love to hear from his friends (if he has any), bike buddies, exes, coworkers or family. He must be estranged from them. I can’t for the life of me understand why he went on this show.

• Like 5

Elizzikra,

Clare shaded Cameron about his work, asking if he wasn't "bored." He clearly wasn't; she was just being a jerk implying she was bored by his job, even as he tried to involve her. (Meanwhile, she had scorned Cameron for not being in therapy, her job.)

And I am similar in preparing for a gathering, the way you describe. What Clare did, IIRC, was to dry out the food because she cooked it too early. 

These two are completely  incompatible. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 8
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think there is some good stuff inside Cameron but there is something off-putting about him that I can't put my finger on. I have an appreciation for a dry, sarcastic sort of wit, but he definitely seems to use it to keep people at arm's length and I wonder why. He says that he has to have more physical affection before he can open up verbally but there is absolutely nothing about him that would make me want to hold his hand or put an arm around him. He comes off as very cold.

His revelation about not having the best relationship with his father and not telling Clare about him being "on his deathbed" until they are on camera in a social situation is first of all a product of his social cluelessness in general, but his desire to keep people at arm's length is probably a result of his strained relationship with his family.  His relationship with his mother might not have been all that much better.   It makes me wonder when a guy is that estranged from his family.  Something is off there and I personally would run from a guy like that especially after dropping the bomb about his father.  After 2 weeks he should have told her about that in private, not at a party.  Clare might never hear the truth and it may be worse than she'd be able to handle.  And his family is not even close by for her to get any more information about them and it appears that he is making obstacles to being ready to let her in close enough to share about them or even let her meet any of them.  Dropping the bomb about his father is even worse because Clare now has no idea how to react to that.

4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

We wouldn't do well planning a party together :) I shop in advance and have planned the food and drink, gotten it all into the house, pulled out whatever serving dishes, etc. I didn't think that Clare's desire to have things ready for the party was unusual. I thought Cameron acted like he didn't give a shit that they were having people over. 

I don't really see that Clare is condescending. She seemed interested in learning more about his work, which I think is fascinating. She asks him questions. I think there is a good guy somewhere inside Cameron but he does have pretty shitty verbal communication skills and whatever the male version of resting bitch face is. There were so many better, less offensive ways that he could have answered Clare's friend's question about his father, instead of his smirky, sarcastic response. 

About the party, I don't know what their real agreement was.  It sounded like Clare said he was supposed to pick up the food but something about the timeline is off because there was plenty of time for him to go back out and get food even if he forgot or didn't care and just didn't do it.  I think Clare's reaction seemed like she felt like he didn't do it because he expected her to do it, like he was resisting it based on what he thought her role should be.  

About Clare and his work, I still felt like she was putting on a fake interested act for the camera.  For much of my adult life I was an avid cyclist so Cameron's work absolutely fascinates me.  She is still treating him like a test subject.  It doesn't feel genuine to me.  I felt that his reaction to her friend's question about his father was because he didn't feel like it was anyone's business to ask so he just shut down and put up a defensive wall.  But he just dropped a bomb that begged for more information, what does he expect?  There are so many issues there it would "take an entire conference" and all of her therapist friends to figure them out.  And I don't think their analysis would be too flattering for Cameron.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Agreed. 

6 hours ago, APK said:

Emily's friend, wearing the pink wig, really cannot stand Brennan. She would probably punch him in the teeth if she could get away with it.

5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Maybe Cameron was busy at work so he forgot about the food.  I had to laugh at Clare bringing him half a sandwich because she ate the other half.  

Emily's friends were definitely drunk which made them act like assholes.  But I don't think they trust or believe him and I think they have good reason not to.  They are onto him being a phony baloney.  He is just going through the motions because he isn't ready to back out just yet.  Perhaps it's based on being reminded of the contract or something else.  But he definitely doesn't have his heart in being there and is now yet another person in the history of this show  "going through the motions" just to satisfy their contract.  I can't blame her friends for wanting to grill him and nail his ass to the wall, but I do think they ruined it by being drunk and completely inappropriate.  The weird thing about Emily is that she is now acting like things are "back on track" but she should be seeing what her girlfriends see about Brennan.  Either hope springs eternal or she's playing along with the gag for her own reasons.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

What's with Austin constantly wearing that stupid cap?  I guess he thinks he looks cool, but he just looks like a stupid doofus. 

Ughhh, this guy is pathological about those stupid hats.  Doesn't he know that the universal symbol for a fratboy douche is wearing a cap backwards and how much of a douche do you have to be to wear one in bed and go frantic to put it back on when it becomes a little dislodged?   You'd think he was hiding a bald spot or something, which it's obvious he is not.  

Everyone that knows him talks about Austin like he's so mature and nice but I'm just not seeing it.  I don't think he's into Becca AT ALL which is one big reason he hasn't shown any interest in sex.  He's OK with hugging and smooching but he's not committed to her or the marriage and is hoping his charm will schmooze everyone like they are obviously schmoozed by him in general.  I don't think Becca is completely schmoozed because she did look a little insecure when her friends asked her if they're having sex yet and she had to admit that he "isn't ready".   I feel sorry for her because she wants to believe that all of his behavior is promising when I see it as yet another immature guy leading a woman on to nowhere.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, kikicat said:

Whew, those parties were awful. No fun, no music, no dancing, lame food & decor. Just interrogation sessions! If I ever get a MAFS invitation, I'm declining.

They looked so boring, and they were also small enough that I wouldn’t consider them parties. Does Cameron not have friends? I don’t even judge that - my closest friends aren’t local, though I do have less-close local friends. But he runs a business … surely he knows people? Does he have business partners?

Pink Wig had one of the most insufferable voices I’ve ever heard. That flat vocal fry hurt my ears. She and Green Wig came at Brennan all wrong - if nothing else, Brennan now knows that she’s telling them their business, which is going to make him retreat.

You could see Emily trying to convince herself that moving in is going to make Brennan like her. She had a look in her eyes like “this is it!” and it just isn’t. He doesn’t. He won’t.

I like Austin but his backwards hats annoy me, and I can hear my dad in my head saying “take that hat off in the house!”

Lauren’s SIL is a real one. Sometimes you need people to gas you up like that, particularly after being rejected. She’s going to be fine.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

They looked so boring, and they were also small enough that I wouldn’t consider them parties. Does Cameron not have friends? I don’t even judge that - my closest friends aren’t local, though I do have less-close local friends. But he runs a business … surely he knows people? Does he have business partners?

Pink Wig had one of the most insufferable voices I’ve ever heard. That flat vocal fry hurt my ears. She and Green Wig came at Brennan all wrong - if nothing else, Brennan now knows that she’s telling them their business, which is going to make him retreat.

You could see Emily trying to convince herself that moving in is going to make Brennan like her. She had a look in her eyes like “this is it!” and it just isn’t. He doesn’t. He won’t.

I like Austin but his backwards hats annoy me, and I can hear my dad in my head saying “take that hat off in the house!”

Lauren’s SIL is a real one. Sometimes you need people to gas you up like that, particularly after being rejected. She’s going to be fine.

i thought cameron said he invited friends but they had other commitments and that's why they didn't come.  he might have also told them how she treats him and they didn't want to participate and get analyzed

i don't think emily's friends were being bitchy nasty to brennan because they were drinking.  i think that is their natural state.  ugly nasty girls.  

are wig parties a thing? how fun.. not

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Remember when Jose locked Rachel out of their apartment? MAFS, the Houston, Texas season. Jose locked Rachel out of the apartment because she called him by another man's name. lauren should have locked Orion out for just being a jerk. Emily should lock Brennan out for her personal safety. I get a domestic violence vibe from Brennan. Am I wrong about his attitude? Cameron should lock Clare out. I wouldn't want to deal with Clare and her psychological analysis, each day. Becca and Austin should lock each other out. Becca's blonde and pink hair and Austin's baseball cap can just leave.

Edited by APK
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

I started off really liking this season and now I really can't stand any of these couples. 

Cameron is just......weird.  He does not know how to communicate at all.  I think he's just a real engineering nerdy type who happens to have a cute face and a cute accent.  He can be extremely socially awkward.  If they talked about him picking up food, then he should have picked it up.  I think he is just way too laid back for her and is a horrible communicator.  Does he want her to "put out" and then he'll start talking to her?  He just confuses me.  

Clare- still thinks she is way too good for him.  Her "boring" comment about his job was rude and I think he handled it well.  She is way too condescending towards him.  

Brennan-he seemed like he was making some sort of an effort this week.  I think the honeymoon was just way too much 24/7 for him.  It was also interesting to hear how much he hates the cameras.  I think they know they signed up for this but I don't think some of them realize they have to actually talk in front of live camermen and producers for hours a day.

Emily-- her friends were "horrible",  If you are going to judge a person by their friends, I would be running out the door if I was Brendan.  Drunk or not, they seem like terrible people.  In fact, all of Emilys friends have seemed terrible.  Even her maid of honor was making rude comments about Emily.  Wonder if they are all sorority sisters.  

Austin- agree with the dumb backwards hats.  He almost gives me a bi-sexual vibe and does not seem into her.

Becca- I think she has convinced herself that they are "so perfect" and she is going to get hurt in the end.  She is definitely in the honeymoon stage.   I think he likes her but I'm not sure it's ever going to be anything more than that.  

I think for some odd reason they are not allowed to invite more than 4 people to their "parties".  It's like that every season.  But normally even the couples who didn't like each other usually seem to have some fun with their guests.  These parties were just dreary.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

That was a boring episode, even on really "fast forward."

Still zero spark between Brennan and Emily! I have a feeling he brought as little as possible to move it because he doesn't plan on staying too long.

Do these apartments have two bedrooms?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Katie111 said:

Clare- still thinks she is way too good for him.  Her "boring" comment about his job was rude and I think he handled it well.  She is way too condescending towards him.  

Brennan-he seemed like he was making some sort of an effort this week.  I think the honeymoon was just way too much 24/7 for him.  It was also interesting to hear how much he hates the cameras.  I think they know they signed up for this but I don't think some of them realize they have to actually talk in front of live camermen and producers for hours a day.

At first I gave Clare points for seeming more interested and even slightly enthusiastic about Cameron's job, but she showed her true feelings with the "boring" comment. She may have realized he might make more money than she first assumed, but she'll never believe he's on her level. Ugh.

Thinking about why Cam signed up for this show, maybe he wanted publicity for his bike shop. If so, sorry, but wrong audience for that, lol.

I have some sympathy for Brennan feeling uncomfortable with the cameras. As an introvert, I would be running off for quiet, alone time at every chance. But then, I'd never sign up for a TV show in the first place.

He seems too uptight and controlled to be on this show. I'm not putting him in the creepy serial killer category though. Reserved people, especially guys who aren't socialized to "smile and play nice" the way women are, can be labeled wrongly when they're really just quiet and cautious or awkward. Brennan, I don't know. He might be a seething volcano.

45 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Still zero spark between Brennan and Emily! I have a feeling he brought as little as possible to move it because he doesn't plan on staying too long.

Ha, you've got that right. He's going to set a speed record clearing out of that apartment. Vrooooom!

Edited by kikicat
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, Rightside said:

That was a boring episode, even on really "fast forward."

True, and the only reason he moved in at all is because the expert pushed him into it.  And then he acted like Emily brought too much when she just brought basic necessities that she was handling with zero help from him.  

• Like 4

I have watched every episode, read every post in these threads.

Yet for the life of me, I still cannot bring readily to my mind's eye either Emily and Brennan, or *re-reads above posts to get the right paired names* Becca and Austin, such is how much the wives and husbands, respectively, look alike to me. 🤪

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5

At first I gave Clare points for seeming more interested and even slightly enthusiastic about Cameron's job, but she showed her true feelings with the "boring" comment. She may have realized he might make more money than she first assumed, but she'll never believe he's on her level. Ugh.

I'm not seeing this at all. I work in something of a specialty retail and repair shop. I'm not a highly skilled technician but I do some basic repairs. People often ask if I get bored and the answer is yes! I absolutely do! But other parts of the job balance out the boring times. And I work with other people. Cameron (it seems) is alone nearly all the time at his shop. Even for the most introverted person, that is a lot of alone time. I thought Cameron did a great job explaining how each repair is different and that keeps him from getting bored (and FYI, the dentist who did my root canal - and whose practice is almost exclusively root canals - said the same thing about her work. Each one is the same but different).

I've never gotten the sense that Clare thinks she is "better" than Cameron. I do think that she is a better communicator than Cameron and, while their communication styles are very different, I don't know that hers is tons better. I think the show plays up her role as "the therapist way too much, when she is really only at the beginning of her career. I do think that Clare is more open and candid than Cameron, but frankly, just about anyone with a pulse would be. 

I can't say that I love Clare, but Cameron is just really not giving her anything at all to work with. If I were her, I'd be really tired of being the only one trying. And I'm a sucker for a good accent.

I don't even know what to say about Emily and Brennan. 

NVM. Started a new thread. Hope that's ok.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 6

Emily's skanky/combative friends wanted to get a rise out of Brennan, and he played it cool- I was hoping he'd at least cuss them out.  I couldn't stand her friends annoying vocal fry and overuse of the word "like"- birds of a feather flock together since Emily talks the same way 😏.  Brennan's face is interesting to read- the looking away and closing of his eyes when Emily looks at him hopefully and does that weird smile with her mouth closed.  

Clare was annoying when she kept stressing about ordering the food.  I admire how Cameron shut down the conversation about his dad- the friend asked a loaded question about his relationship with his father, and he answered it honestly so that she'd back off.  Bold move, Cameron- bravo! 😄 

Becca looks at Austin like a gecko trying to size up a fly 👀- way too intense with her eye contact and much more into him than he is into her.  She has ZERO mystery to her- way too clingy.   He's not that special- a dime a dozen immature man-boy who wears hats indoors and lies around like a hop toad 😐.  I think he's going to use the religious differences as a way out and he's not boning her because he's not that attracted to her. 

All of the parties were half assed and trashy. 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Heck Claire and I....thought all was well with Cameron's family!

He said he was hoping to take her there for another wedding!

Bombshell about the deathbed!

Keisha Knight Pullum announced her name seven (7) times last night plus one huge name tag across her bosom!

I'm sure there was more but I exited the after party ... Too much!

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

I can’t believe no one mentioned the “smoking gun” moment that almost knocked me out of my chair, when Brennan told Emily’s friends, “If this were real life, I would’ve helped her.” This is a TV show to Brennan. He has absolutely no interest whatsoever in Emily. If he had any intention of wooing her “for real,” he would’ve helped her. Instead he’s annoyed that he’s forced to live in a small apartment with her as she’s moving in bulk condiments (as she mentioned in the afterparty). Brennan is dying inside thinking if I have to stay here with her until we go through 144 oz of ketchup! Meanwhile she’s so expectantly looking for signs that he’s falling for her. He moved in because the producers made him, not because he couldn’t bear to be away from you.

Clare and Cameron both have such walls up—like I can almost see them even, their eyes and faces are so expressionless whenever they talk to each other, though they break into expressiveness with other people. Clare was rightfully blindsided about his father, yet I feel like Cameron was waiting for her to ask before saying anything. And the first 2 minutes of their marriage was not the time to do it, but I do think it was on him to now within 17+ days later to say something if she’s left under the impression his family is happy back home. I do think it’s odd that she hasn’t asked more about his family or life back in New Zealand since her family is so important to her—and she’s a therapist. But, whatever. These two are not going to make it, so let them walk on eggshells with each other and run down the clock.

i feel like Austin is suddenly using religion as an excuse—or maybe Becca is using it as an excuse, actually, because she can tell they are entirely compatible and are having a great time but there is some reason why Austin is keeping her slightly at arm’s length and not just ravaging her. I mean at this point they’ve spent more than 400 hours together, so I’m not really sure what he’s “waiting for” if he were really as into her as he seems like otherwise. Maybe he wants to wait until/if he’s 100% certain he wants to stay married to her.

I mean this is the only couple that at least has a chance here! Then again, I don’t watch every season of this franchise—just when I happen to catch it from the start. So they just moved in, so this is probably normal. I guess it takes time living together. I did watch Houston with that overbearing petite lady and her puppy dog of a husband and she basically told him at this point they’re in love and staying married and are the strongest couple—and proceeded to tell everyone else that, too. I guess I see Becca and Austin as the strongest couple. Though, I forgot that Lauren was basically acting that way on the honeymoon, so I guess they fulfilled that role—until they didn’t like 6 hours later.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Becca and Austin couldn't be sexual at the start due to her surgery.

I just wonder if her condition is keeping him at arms length.

When I was young I so wanted children and had several.  Maybe Austin is concerned about Becca's condition and several health issues.

Lots to Google and learn.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I can’t believe no one mentioned the “smoking gun” moment that almost knocked me out of my chair, when Brennan told Emily’s friends, “If this were real life, I would’ve helped her.” This is a TV show to Brennan. He has absolutely no interest whatsoever in Emily. If he had any intention of wooing her “for real,” he would’ve helped her. Instead he’s annoyed that he’s forced to live in a small apartment with her as she’s moving in bulk condiments (as she mentioned in the afterparty). Brennan is dying inside thinking if I have to stay here with her until we go through 144 oz of ketchup! Meanwhile she’s so expectantly looking for signs that he’s falling for her. He moved in because the producers made him, not because he couldn’t bear to be away from you.

I had a post already to submit yesterday on this but got sidetracked and then lost it, but you pretty much said everything I wrote and then some.  It's making me wonder if Brennan is yet another one of those people "recruited" for the show that originally had no interest in doing it.  They supposedly get a lot of voluntary applicants so why would they have to pick a guy that is obviously not seeing this as "for real" unless they are just looking for another train wreck for drama?  Or that comment may be his excuse and way out of this.  If he decides it's not real he thinks he isn't really on the hook to do anything but show up and sit like a lump until he can slide out on DD.  But that's not how it works.  He's yet another one with zero relationship skills that had unrealistic expectations of going on the show.  From what Emily says they are aligned on pretty much everything so WTF does he expect?  She's certainly attractive.   I doubt most straight men would have to force themselves to go to bed with her and from what we know about her she hasn't had any trouble attracting men.   He's just another man-baby unable to handle a mature relationship.

2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

i feel like Austin is suddenly using religion as an excuse—or maybe Becca is using it as an excuse, actually, because she can tell they are entirely compatible and are having a great time but there is some reason why Austin is keeping her slightly at arm’s length and not just ravaging her. I mean at this point they’ve spent more than 400 hours together, so I’m not really sure what he’s “waiting for” if he were really as into her as he seems like otherwise. Maybe he wants to wait until/if he’s 100% certain he wants to stay married to her.

I thought that too about Austin using religion as an excuse.  Didn't one of his friends say he was never that hung up on religion before and was wondering what changed?  So I call BS on that too like you and @Hip-to-be-Square.  Plus I kind of have the impression that they would have claimed on their questionnaires for the show that they were open to people of other faiths or they wouldn't have been matched.  One thing we haven't seen much of on this show is people mismatched on religion so I'm thinking Austin didn't represent himself honestly or he's lying now to have an excuse to get out of the marriage.  I get the impression that Becca is open minded and flexible about it and would not have any issue about being matched with a non-Jew if he wasn't acting like it was an issue.  That is triggering all her baggage from antisemitic prejudice she's suffered in the past.  I feel sorry for her because she obviously is very taken with him.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

I don't remember - which woman has never been in a relationship? Becca? If so, that is why she is just assuming that Austin is her perfect soulmate and is just waiting for the fun to start. She has no clue that he isn't into her. If it is Emily, I personally don't think she is attractive/pretty. She makes too many weird faces. And, neither of their husbands are interested in either of them.

Is Clare actually a therapist or is she just in school for it? I can't see her having an actual practice. And, I don't blame Cameron one bit for not being excited about having a bunch of therapists waiting to pounce on him. I do understand why Clare was shocked about his father, since he had mentioned going to his home for another wedding. I just don't see any happiness or joy in her face at all. She is not attracted to him, nor is she nice or kind to him. She is always analyzing him. I don't see her being successful as a counselor or whatever kind of therapist she claims to be (or be training for).

I am just sorry we don't get any dogs this season. In past seasons, the pets were the best part. Now, we got nothing!

I hope that we are done with the disaster that is/was Lauren/Orion. I did think it was interesting when Orion admitted on the Afterparty that he thinks now that he should have hung in there and tried to make it work. I certainly don't see a long line of women waiting for him, like we usually see when the couples break up.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
32 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I don't remember - which woman has never been in a relationship? Becca? If so, that is why she is just assuming that Austin is her perfect soulmate and is just waiting for the fun to start. She has no clue that he isn't into her. If it is Emily, I personally don't think she is attractive/pretty. She makes too many weird faces. And, neither of their husbands are interested in either of them.

Is Clare actually a therapist or is she just in school for it? I can't see her having an actual practice. And, I don't blame Cameron one bit for not being excited about having a bunch of therapists waiting to pounce on him. I do understand why Clare was shocked about his father, since he had mentioned going to his home for another wedding. I just don't see any happiness or joy in her face at all. She is not attracted to him, nor is she nice or kind to him. She is always analyzing him. I don't see her being successful as a counselor or whatever kind of therapist she claims to be (or be training for).

I am just sorry we don't get any dogs this season. In past seasons, the pets were the best part. Now, we got nothing!

I hope that we are done with the disaster that is/was Lauren/Orion. I did think it was interesting when Orion admitted on the Afterparty that he thinks now that he should have hung in there and tried to make it work. I certainly don't see a long line of women waiting for him, like we usually see when the couples break up.

Emily is the one who has never been in a relationship.

Clare both claims to be a therapist and says she’s in school to become a therapist. I’m not sure whether she has some type of internship or maybe a day job while getting her MSW (or similar degree), but usually until you have your MSW you cannot do any actual counseling and instead do more admin type of social work. Like maybe you can do intakes and recommend support but someone else is actually providing the counseling.

• Like 4
17 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I have watched every episode, read every post in these threads.

Yet for the life of me, I still cannot bring readily to my mind's eye either Emily and Brennan, or *re-reads above posts to get the right paired names* Becca and Austin, such is how much the wives and husbands, respectively, look alike to me. 🤪

The last episode was so bad, it was no use to respond.  Mismatches all around, too many commercials, and Keisha repeating exactly what we just saw ourselves. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

She's certainly attractive.   I doubt most straight men would have to force themselves to go to bed with her and from what we know about her she hasn't had any trouble attracting men.   He's just another man-baby unable to handle a mature relationship.

Yeah, beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder because I don't think she's attractive.  There's something.....unhygienic-looking? about her.   So, I wouldn't question a man's sexuality because he wouldn't want to sleep with her.  

• Like 10
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Emily is the one who has never been in a relationship.

Maybe because she’s hanging out and taking advice from those two Monsters she calls her friends.  They are poison, and Emily is an idiot.  I also think jealously plays a role here.

13 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Yeah, beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder because I don't think she's attractive.  There's something.....unhygienic-looking? about her.   So, I wouldn't question a man's sexuality because he wouldn't want to sleep with her.  

Emily’s hair is always a mess, sometimes ratty looking like it hasn’t been combed in days.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

The way Emily looks at him with adoration is troubling after he treats her with disregard.  He can’t wait to get the hell out of there and is being nice for the camera.  I think those two barracudas sealed the deal for him.  I doubt he wants to see those faces again.  They were a horror show.  What is it about those two punks that Emily likes?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Clare both claims to be a therapist and says she’s in school to become a therapist. I’m not sure whether she has some type of internship or maybe a day job while getting her MSW (or similar degree), but usually until you have your MSW you cannot do any actual counseling and instead do more admin type of social work. Like maybe you can do intakes and recommend support but someone else is actually providing the counseling.

She may have one graduate degree that qualifies her to do therapy but is pursuing another one that might actually give her better credentials and a better chance of making more $$$.  She may have an MSW and is going for a Master's in Psych.  I saw a site that described the degree she's going for but I forget what it is now.  She also may be going for a doctorate but I doubt that.

2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

This is one of those things I don't claim to be an expert on because I'm not a man, but my husband and one good straight male friend watch the show and they both think she's attractive.  They're always reminding me that what women think is attractive/not attractive in a woman is often quite different than what men think.  I've read a lot of studies on this that have shown that the majority of men aren't that bothered by hair that's a little messy.  In fact they tend to think it's sexy.  And being tall and blonde gives even not-so-pretty women the advantage with men.  I say this as a short and "pretty" brunette that often felt invisible or like chopped liver next to any tall blonde even if she wasn't at all pretty.  That said, I wouldn't call her "pretty" but the two men I know that watch the show think she's quite attractive.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Sure, while I don't find her attractive, I can understand that some men might.  My point is that I definitely wouldn't question a man's sexuality just because he doesn't want to sleep with her. 

That was actually something I quoted my husband as saying in an earlier post.  It wasn't my idea.  All I said is that I doubt most straight men would have to force themselves to go to bed with her.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
On 12/13/2023 at 6:41 PM, Crashcourse said:

Like having no food. 

Judging by the comments this is not must see TV. I'll see if its more dramatic next week. Any early predictions on who will stay married?

• Like 1